272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I reached out to him to make sure he was ok. He responded accusatorily asking why his thread was shut down. I responded and asked again if he was doing alright, and he continued asking about the thread.
I am 99.9% sure he is completely fine.
He deactivated his account right after.

He was a good Pinsider

#8138 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Check out The Lock Picking Lawyer on youtube.

That guy is unbelievable.

#8485 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The mother of my daughter, who she still lives with, fell ill last week.
Taken to an urgent care on Thursday, she was tested and diagnosed with the flu and sent home with Tylenol. Saturday she was admitted to the hospital, and although test results not back as of yesterday, they are treating it like Covid-19. She is on a ventilator suffering multiple organ failure and the prognosis is not good. They are not expecting her to make it. The have her on dialysis as well hoping for the best.
She had some underlying heath issues over the last few years that have made her susceptible. My daughter has no symptoms.

sorry Mr. O

#8997 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Doesn't the state of Illinois stick out in the middle of the country, with every surrounding state showing lower gas prices?
Gotta love the taxes they pile on at every level (state/county/city) here in Illinois.

Take a look at the gas taxes out in Washington state. Might make Illinois seem not quite so bad. However, I have not looked at the gas taxes in Illinois in about 10 years, so maybe that has changed.

Quoted from JodyG:

Someone in China ate a bat and then 10% of the US was laid off. There, you're caught up!

Actually, I saw an interesting story that says there's a working theory that a Wuhan farmer was gathering bat dung to use as fertilizer for his crops, he was then at the wet market, where things are really filthy, and that's how this all got started. Did anyone else see that article?

#9007 4 years ago

Anybody seen O-din recently? I know his daughter's mom was having a pretty tough go of things.

#9076 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

May I suggest something a little more danker?[quoted image]

Something to consider: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/10/health/smoking-weed-coronavirus-wellness/index.html

#9110 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Now this is just low. People out trying their best to keep things going and others have the nerve to do a switch a roo .....Unbelievable!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/tech/instacart-shoppers-tip-baiting/index.html

In my younger years, this would have warranted a thorough 'tp' job on their house, along with eggs on their car and crisco in their mailbox. Nowadays, two of those three options would be pretty tough because of lack of availability.

#9113 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Just shit on their doorstep.

There's still the tp problem to consider with this solution.

#9190 4 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

It's not as positive when you consider that we have been testing the same number or even fewer people each day.
The growth could still be exponential, but if we are still only testing 150-200k each day we might not be capturing the real growth rate.
I am worried that our testing fiasco has us flying blind still.

I agree with you on the testing, and how it may not be reflecting actual growth. But wouldn't it show up somewhat with hospital admissions, whether they were tested beforehand or not?

Quoted from Oaken:

Ouch
“Minnesota hospitals and health systems are collectively losing $31 million in revenue per day as a result of reductions in patient volumes. This represents a 55% reduction of patient revenues, on average. Smaller hospitals are reporting closer to 70% revenue reductions. This loss is expected to remain consistent over at least the next 90 days for an impact of $2.8 billion.“

In northern Maine, smaller hospitals are having to furlough staff because they cannot afford to stay open.

Quoted from Daditude:

I'm playing today with beautiful weather at the state rose of Texas....Tyler.[quoted image]

Unfortunately the golf course that I own in mid-Maine will be shut down through at least the first week of May. Enjoy being able to be outside!

#9208 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

What course? I’ll have to check it out. My in-laws live about 30 minutes from Old Town.

Hidden Meadows Golf Course. Exit 197 off of 95, turn left, 3/4 mile from the interstate. It's a fun, challenging 9-hole course, that has a foot of snow on it from last night's storm.

#9279 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Does the fee include a round of pinball afterward?

With the clubhouse closed, we've got seven pinball machines set up in here right now.

Quoted from Oaken:

No, there has been a huge reduction in volume here. Covid surge hasn’t happened yet. All knee surgery, back surgery, dental surgery, health exams, psych sessions, etc... canceled.
Basically all non emergency medicine shutdown. That’s a lot of medicine.

I had some outpatient cancer surgery on Monday. I was supposed to be at the hospital at 9:10 for a 10:10 procedure. The place was so empty, they had the surgery completed by 9:45. It took longer waiting to get a prescription filled at the pharmacy than it did for everything else combined.

#9282 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was easy with the wet market the next street over.
Lunchtime. You want that raw, live snake to go?

bat

#9283 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I'm happy to see they let you in for it as so many other appointments of every kind have been canceled.

they wanted to work on it sooner than later. I did not argue.

#9569 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

More and more Pennsylvanians will be doing this thanks to our asshole Gov. Wolf.
Heh heh, I too broke the law yesterday!
https://www.cpbj.com/pa-liquor-stores-closed-consumers-flocking-border/

Not something to be proud of, and not something that's going to help our society get past this.

#9575 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My wife uses the Tabasco, I prefer the pepper based (1st ingredient) hot sauces, which are typically what we call "mexican-style" down here. They are also almost always spicier.

You might really enjoy this if you've never seen it.

#9665 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I went to the park for a walk yesterday and chose not to wear a mask. I dont see any reason to wear one while being outside if you arent going to be around people. We passed a couple of people walking on the bike path but i wouldn't think there is much danger in getting the virus from a person like that. In the stores i say wear one but outside i just dont see the point if you’re not around a bunch of people.

What's that great line in Dirty Harry? "Are you feeling lucky?........"
Not to be critical, but this thinking is exactly what will contribute to keeping this virus circulating. The only time I've been out without a mask is when I'm walking my two dogs on my golf course, which is currently closed. My closest neighbor is 300 yards away. Please be careful Who-Dey.

#9702 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Has anyone else gone through the government small business loan program? My wife worked all weekend on it through the bank, it’s pretty sweet, we don’t have to pay back on it as long as we don’t lay anyone off, and it’s a fairly substantial amount of money.

Yes, received funding for 2.5 months of payroll on Friday. From the time I applied until the time it was in my account was eight days.

#9706 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is depressing. Unfortunately not much different from what I have been thinking though.
I would guess the PGA would be the first sport that could/should come back without fans. Social distancing would be easy with golf.

One would think so. But the golf course I own in Maine is closed until at least the end of April. The course I lease in Washington state is closed until May 4th. Despite the extensive safety measures we incorporated at both courses, they were deemed 'non-essential.' It's not easy, and none of this is easy for anyone, so we're just doing the best we can. The grass is still growing, so money is only going one way right now. We'll eventually get back on track.

#9707 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Just like every night has it's dawn.

not for everyone it doesn't.

#9765 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Maybe businesses should have a few months of operating expenses saved up as well.

If you've ever owned a business, you know that's easier said than done. Especially for a small business owner.

#9767 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

If The NY Times is “fake news,” what do you consider “real news” and why?

oh boy, saddle up!

#9981 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The times I drove across the country I very much enjoyed the Carolinas.
It was the time before last I pulled my camper into a nice little campground near Hickory by a lake. I picked it out because I lake the word "Hickory".
When I awoke I never saw so many good old boys getting ready for a day of fun. Would go back again.
And Georgia had way more peaches than I ever see in So Cal anymore.

tycobb (resized).jpgtycobb (resized).jpg
#10216 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not only that, people that think a pen or tape dispenser is going to influence what drug a physician deems best for his patient, isn't giving you guys much credit. Pretty sure most physicians are smart enough to take information, read studies, etc and make a determination what they think will be best for their patients.

It's just inexpensive marketing to keep their name in front of people, that's all. Pens, keychains.....it's all the same stuff.

#10217 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Bill Gates is smiling big.

If he's smiling big, it's because he's passionate about this and he has the means to help make a difference. He has advisors, but I'd be surprised if anybody was pulling his strings. Just my .02.

#10221 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He said we would be back to normal in a month or so and that's what's going to happen looks like. The President is getting ready to open the country back up. He also said that this isnt going to turn out to be as bad as what most people are thinking, well it looks like he is right about that also.
He never said this was nothing, he just said it's not as bad as what alot of people are thinking. I actually agreed with him at first and then I ended up not agreeing with him and I even personally told him that. He told me to just wait and see. Well I've waited and it's starting to look like he was right all along, maybe this wasnt as bad as what all of the experts were predicting it would be.

While I hope you are correct, my confidence level is very low.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I realize that helps but I also realize that Ohio isn't on the lockdown that everyone thinks it is either. The grocery stores and wal marts are freaking packed to the gills. People are NOT practicing social distancing as much as you think they are. Also even the experts are saying that they dont think this is turning out to be as bad as they thought that it was going to.
I'm not downplaying anything and I feel terrible for the people who have died from this so all you downvote happy people need to chill. People die in large numbers from all kinds of things every year and you dont give two shits about that but you are freaking out about this. What's the f*cking difference????
Once again I'm not saying this is "nothing", my girlfriends friend died from this. All I am saying is it's not as bad as once believed maybe. One or two weeks ago we were all on here shitting out pants thinking we were going to die and most of us are breathing a little easier today I think. Anyone who says any different is a liar.

Once I had a goal to lose 50 pounds. Got 30 pounds into it, said to myself 'I've got this licked' and went back to my old habits. Think I got to my goal or back to where I started? Now is not the time for anyone to take their foot off the gas pedal. We need to see it through to the end, otherwise it will just keep coming back for the foreseeable future.

#10225 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they/we do not but yet they downvote the hell out of anyone that says maybe this isn't what we thought it was. I hope like hell that this isnt what we originally thought it was..I think it would be the most wonderful thing in the world if this turned out to be more mild than what we thought.

It's all in the delivery Who-Dey, it's all in the delivery.

#10230 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It just seems like to me that with all the people I see jamming into the stores that we would have tons and tons of cases of this and so far it just hasnt been bad at all. It damn near seems non existant truthfully. That is what has me scratching my head about it all.

Revisit this in 10-14 days. Maybe it won't be anything, maybe it will. I choose to keep my distance and not take that chance. I'll gamble on the golf course, as I've got control over that. With this? No way, no how.

#10232 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

even on the worst corona virus death day, it still does come close to these things that will never shut the economy down. May 1st is coming soon boys, time to put your big boy pants on.
1 day totals
26,283 people died of Cancer
24,641 died of Heart Disease
4,300 people died of Diabetes
Suicide took 3024 lives - and this rate will rise daily as the economic downslide furthers
Moreover, Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day and Snakes kill 137 people every day.

And how many of these are communicable diseases? Mosquitoes, yeah, they can spread disease. The rest of this? Not so much.

#10339 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You're not the first to mock my Lord and Savior.

He wasn't. He was mocking you.

#10354 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They woke Connie up yesterday and her lungs are working on their own although still on the ventilator. Liver function is improving. Still a very sick lady, but looks to be improving everyday.

Good to hear she's doing better. Hope it continues.

#10421 4 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Not blaming you for this.... our leaders are using this analogy. It just seems backwards. It seems like we have our foot on the brakes.

It's meant to mean that we need to keep doing what we're doing, not go back to pre-Covid-19.

Quoted from lifefloat:

I am not waiting for my local government to pull their heads out of their ass and figure out a way to issue building permits while they are shut down.
I'll deal with it later.
Not trying to pull a fast one. Or put anyone in harms way, including myself.
Maintaining a small business requires flexibility and times like this aren't one where you wait for government to tell you what to do when you already know what to do all by yourself.

That's a pretty slippery slope.

#10463 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is how bad it's getting around here. A local girl got her car towed because they put up temporary no parking signs while she was staying in place and hadn't used it for weeks. The fine- $220.

She really should consider challenging this.

#10466 4 years ago

Apparently Chile is counting those who die from coronavirus as 'recovered' because they no longer show symptoms.
https://www.newsweek.com/chile-counts-those-who-died-coronavirus-recovered-because-theyre-no-longer-contagious-health-1497775

#10471 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Except that the pharmaceutical industry has handed out any of that stuff for over a decade now.

I am missing your point.

#10486 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I agree with you that it is a form of inexpensive marketing employed by many companies across many industries. I'm just pointing out to those that have stated or believe it is an ongoing practice in the pharmaceutical industry that it hasn't been for some time now.

I think my confusion came from 'has' and 'hasn't' between your two posts.

#10511 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m confused. First you said this was a global conspiracy to kill us all, started by Bill Gates. Now you’re saying it’s nothing?

You might possibly be confused about who's confused.

#10875 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can we all agree that he is the ultimate optimist?

Not me

#10902 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Last week I heard a guy on the radio complaining that he could not go out and play golf because the Govenor closed all the golf courses. He also said he was LAID OFF. I wonder how he plans to pay his bills, buy food, when he spends his unemployment check on green fees and cart rental.

How do you know what his financial situation is? I've had to lay off all but one of my staff at the golf course I run out in Washington state. The one staff member that I didn't lay off is the only one that depends on the job to support himself. The rest of my staff is retired and they are working there to help me out and get some free golf. Not one of them needs the money. But they would be able to say they were laid off. And they wouldn't have a lick of trouble paying any of their bills.

#10906 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad I got in early on that.
Yesterday, a young lady working as a checker at a local market was not wearing a mask. She said she normally works as a waitress so she gets exposed to everything anyway. I love that girl's spirit.

So what she's doing is potentially spreading it to everybody else at the local market. That's a big part of the problem. People don't think things through all of the potential repercussions. There's a learning curve for everyone. A month ago there were things I was doing where it would never have occurred to me that I was endangering myself or someone else. Once it was pointed out, it made sense.

#11115 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Oh good lord! New rule at work. Every hour all associates must wash their hands and sign off on a chart now. It also states a manager or department lead needs to watch to make sure they are doing it.

Unfortunately a number of people have demonstrated they don't think the rules include them, so it puts companies in a position where they have to implement policies that, from the outside, seem 'over-the-top.' It's like with having to have my golf course in Maine closed right now. We could be open if the folks from out-of-state would be respectful of the current policies for inter-state travel.
https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Governor-explains-reasoning-behind-closing-Golf-Courses-as-non-essential---569716101.html?fbclid=IwAR0VKIeAcJzDekLlrjEHGXD5BY3HnCrmkbuQqC_pDJ-xTLkGsNcFU3035mk

#11121 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Goodnight Jim Bob , is that Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons .
I think it's Little House on the Prairie the wife thinks it's The Waltons

Waltons

#11195 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Back in the 70s I don't remember there being any "craft beers". We got what was strongest so we did not have to carry too much.

that's why we thought Olde English 800 was so great in 1977

#11401 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Well, here’s an honest question. If it turns out that the Chinese deliberately covered up the extent of this virus, intentionally putting the world at risk of large amounts of casualties and severe economic damage; is that an act of war?

That is a great question.

#11410 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, Canada supplied me with plenty of Molson Golden and Moosehead when I was a teenager.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Letterkenny is hilarious!

#11532 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That girl can suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Have you by chance been witness to that skill?

#11535 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We were discussing this yesterday.
Even if there was a cop out there to arrest us for drunk driving, there are no courts in session to give us a speedy trial.
So a few beers while tooling around town is certainly not out of the question. When we used to go to Mexico, the first thing my dad would do is hit a liquor store and crack us each one while heading to San Miguel.

Had a family member get taken out by an impaired driver a long time ago. Sorry O-din, but there's no way to justify this.

#11550 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Olympia beer.
“It’s in the water.”

How in the heck have you even heard of Olympia? It (was) made out in Tumwater, WA. The brewery also owned the golf course that was right there. The air was alway heavy with the smell of hops. They had some great tv commercials.

#11555 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Remember these OD? Just finishing my case that's been aging for 35 years.[quoted image]

I bought my parents house from them when I was 35 years old. Was cleaning out my old room and found a case of Coors that I had hidden when I was in high school. Did not have the courage to give it a taste.

#11557 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just got word Connie got off the ventilator yesterday and Lindsey talked to her on FaceTime. They are now going to start speech and physical therapy and try to get her out of ICU in the next couple days.
She was always a very tough woman and it looks like a survivor too.
Thank you all for your prayers and support over the last couple of very trying weeks.

Good to hear!

Quoted from o-din:

Sorry to hear that, but there is also no way to justify the way most people around here are driving anyway.

And yet you still try to justify it. <<shaking my head>>

#11559 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I'm trying to eat a hamburger, not argue.

not trying to argue, just trying to make a point. It's not personal.

#11561 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So I asked you, do you have any people drinking driving carts around your golf course?

Now you want to argue. I'm okay with that.
Yes is the answer to your question. Golf carts are not street legal. We closely monitor how much alcohol is served and have on more than one occasion removed a person from their cart and have called a cab to get them home. It is also not illegal to drink an alcoholic beverage and drive a golf cart on a golf course.

#11563 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I'm trying to eat a hamburger, not argue.
You got any guys drinking driving carts around your golf course?

And by the way, that burger looks damn good!

#11568 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Got my notice so it's time to hang up for a while.
Thank you!

Yep, got both of mine as well. We need to do this again some day!

#11715 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yes there may be some spikes but there are a lot of states and counties with low rates of infection. Those are the ones that should open 1st.
Even in our state of Pa. there are counties with low cases and zero deaths. People cannot be without income forever!!

If a person lived in one of those areas where there was a low infection rate, would they want to have things open back up and take the chance people from higher infected areas would come to their area?

#11729 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Social distancing and masks will still need to be in place.

Agreed. However......look at the beaches in Florida that have been re-opened. How are the social distancing and masks working out there?

#11754 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Would it be possible to open a virus conspiracy theory thread and keep this thread for more factually backed/documented conversation? That way many of us could just avoid a certain kind of banter.

Famous quote: "We will believe what we want to believe," determined by the purpose it serves each of us.
I'm a firm believer that everyone has the right to have an opinion. Sometimes it's just difficult to understand their position.

#11806 4 years ago

nope, didn't forget

#11808 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I thought we were not posting conspiracy theories here any more?

Conspiracy theories have been deemed legal.

#11811 4 years ago

#11833 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I heard they are legal but soon to ding your social score.

yep

#11839 4 years ago

Can anybody provide some numbers on the average number of deaths per day from the flu in the United States for 2019 and for 2020? Additionally, can anybody provide some numbers on the average number of deaths per day from Covid-19 since the first case was reported in Washington state? Thanks in advance!

#11844 4 years ago

That's actually a pretty impressive picture.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.