272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Important warning Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #6 Coronavirus website with up-to-the-moment stats Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #172 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #193 Name of disease and of the virus Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #209 Explains why you need social distancing Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #239 Comment on seasonality Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #251 Avoid ibuprofen Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #370 Info on chloroquine Posted by PantherCityPins (4 years ago)

Post #530 News from Italy Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (4 years ago)

Post #693 Important info and advice Posted by ForceFlow (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#515 4 years ago

I like the name of the thread, containment. Problem is, we havent. As a former nuc radiation worker, I have to say, containment is defined as think of all the ways it can get out, now, stop it from doing that. Are we doing that?, I rest my case on containment. We are in damage control now, folks. Triage is needed. We need to think of all the ways this could be transmitted and do something to stem each way. Lets get on the problem and stop arguing on why we should or should not take head and do the human race survival steps we need to. If we treasure the ones we love, for thier sake only, we should do this.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The DKs are still the flavor of the day.

O-din, you need a holiday...

#561 4 years ago

That picture of the trucks with coffins from Italy... now that is some pre-Armageddon-post-apocalypse scary shit right there... and we are two weeks behind them? Must be some kind of “shake off the fleas” moment for planet Earth.

#2042 4 years ago

I just stuck my nose in here to see if it still smells... and gee-sus does it reek in here, so much shit flying around, you got to duck your head just to prevent getting smacked square in the face with a load!!! I'll come back later and see if the exponential growth of shit has subsided or it its still headed on an astranomical trajectory...

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

the bubble headed blonde

Ok, I have to take some offence here... Being a bubble head is not always a bad thing...

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

a marshmallow

Depends on the size of the marshmellow...

spmm (resized).jpgspmm (resized).jpg
#2886 4 years ago

I step into this thread about twice a day, take a whiff of the general stink, then usually leave without posting. This thread definitely has issues. I mean there are good people on both sides (which just saying this alone will probably get me moderated) but what amuses me the most is how both sides of this debate have both deniers and pundits on both sides... we have conservatives who think not isolating is BS, and conservatives who think not isolating is the bees knees. And we have the liberals who think isolating is BS, and liberals who thinks isolating is what will save us.

But here is where I stand... I think we should try to be smarter about this. We should agree that isolating works, it should be easy to prove that it is the right thing to TRY and do. We should help out businesses and individuals but not with a blank check, but with proper oversight. We should try and fight inflation, we should try and keep the economy up, but not by sacrificing lives, no life should have a price tag on it, no matter what age you are. Youth does not outweigh old age just because they have so much more to look forward to in life, that is a hollow argument. Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, no matter your age. We need to come together as a nation, and as a global society, no matter your politic. Somebody saying they are willing to risk their own lives for the “better Earth we need to leave our grandchildren” need to wake up and realize that your grandchildren have been dealt the same hand we all have right now, it may suck, but hey, we ALL had to live through the 2008 finacial meltdown, and nobody had to die to get through that. We need to realize that trying to save an economy that will recover just fine in 10 years is the price of being human on this planet right now. It’s no reason to risk my life, just so your grandkids don’t have to live through a 10 year recession at most. I mean, do people think life is that worthless, that we trade it for some short term profit, just so people are not burdened by a recession? That kind of worship of the dollar is reprehensible. IMHO. I am sheltering in place, I am paying my cleaning ladies to NOT come and clean my house each week, I am donating to charity to help those in need, and I am buying food for the people in my family hit hardest by this whole affair. I am giving back to society by putting limits on my freedom right now because that is the proper societal response to a pandemic. If your opinions differ, OK, but realize that spreading this virus is a death sentence to a fraction of society, and anything that can be done by the many to help the few is not asking too much from me, or those richer than me. Do you not feel a sense of responsibility to do with your wealth that which helps us all? Anyone else want to use this soap box? I am done with it.

#3328 4 years ago

This thread is moving so fast, people are bitching about something on page 67 that was said on page 57... I have to read this thread like my old drivers ed teacher Mr. Wiesener trying to show us how to parallel park... a little forward, a little back, a little forward, a little back...

#3337 4 years ago

@o-din, I took that course! It was 44 years ago, so maybe that’s my problem?

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's all in you're head now, but with the right help, you can keep up with the rest of us.

Oh I am keeping up, but if you “skip a bit, brother...”, you end up eating the lambs and sloths, the goats, the orangutans, the fruit bats, the breakfast cereals... and so you have to go back for some context, but then it turns out to be a “tastes great” - “less filling” snafu and your back to being 3 pages behind again... so back and forth it goes, and not just the arguments either

#3365 4 years ago

I see three jaywalkers and a great guitarist...

#3426 4 years ago

Some good news... United Health Care Group has just announced an approved “in home administered” Covid19 test that doesn’t require a doctor or nurse to administer.

Check it out at

https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/2020/2020-03-25-path-for-self-administered-covid-19-test.html

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Some good news... United Health Care Group has just announced an approved “in home administered” Covid19 test that doesn’t require a doctor or nurse to administer.
Check it out at
https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/2020/2020-03-25-path-for-self-administered-covid-19-test.html

I was up late and posted this... some really amazingly good news... yet it just flys on past unnoticed in the underlying silent political posturing and arm waving that’s going on. That tells me all I needed to know about trying a political free for all thread on Pinside. It would just end up going in endless circles, spinning off a cyclone of vitriol and hyperbole in an all consuming maelstrom of twisted shit. Sign me up for that?!? No thank you. I would rather talk pinball and argue about that again... ah the days of wine and roses... not whine and bloody noses.

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And the FDA is telling most of these people with in-home tests to destroy them.

Hey, go read the link and say that again... FDA has changed its tune on this...

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They will flip flop again. Home tests are a terrible idea any way you slice it.

The false negatives are a part of life. The scientific study, peer reviewed, says self administered tests are 90% effective on positive detection... which is the exact same efficacy of HCW administered tests. Finding out who has it is what the tests do, not finding out who doesn’t have it... they will tell you a negative result is not a free range ticket, it just means you may not have it. But if it’s positive, it’s a pretty good bet you got it, you could have spread it, and now we deal with you in line B instead of line A... seems like it’s a good tool to use if used right.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I hope people realize that undermining the health and welfare of the country is sabotage. The people discrediting Fauci are not good Americans.

+1 on this, but to answer where is this all coming from, that answer is pretty easy... Some dumb steve, a miller of alternate facts, and an aspiring wanna be vampire, sits is a dark room and crafts this shit. I am more than positive this guy secretly eats dead aborted fetuses stolen from the bio waste dumpster at the local clinic. I mean how else do you choose money over life? I always thought that tribe was pro life, but their deeds so far in this shows a decidedly different bent.

#4260 4 years ago

Well, 2 weeks at home, been out all of 3 times in last 3 weeks, and one was yesterday to have my 16 year old cat euthanized due to total kidney failure. I guess I could have taken care of it myself, but I figured he gave me 16 years of love, devotion, and companionship, the least I could do was take the risk and send him out in the most humane way possible, instead of the “Size 12” curb stomp my uncle used to get rid of an unwanted litter of kittens back when I was 8. Over the years, I learned to forgive my uncle for what seemed like a callous, inhuman treatment of life and learned that sometimes, it’s a blessing for a quick death instead of a protracted period of pain and suffering. Borneo was a great cat, and now, for the rest of my life, every time someone mentions the Covid19 virus, I will have a big black shadow cross my heart. I am hoping those who feel bad for me and my cat will possibly make one less unnecessary trip out in public, so when someone mentions Covid19 in the future, you will not have a shadow pass over your heart because it reminded you of a loved one that was lost due to this bitch of a virus. When the victims starts getting down to one degree of separation in the game of six degrees of Kevin Bacon, maybe people will understand that what they could of done wasn’t that hard, and maybe they should have listened to the scientists and medical professionals just a bit sooner.

RIP Borneo, aka Mr. Bitey. :’-(

57E2AABD-9FD6-4756-A08E-F4D13DB10510 (resized).jpeg57E2AABD-9FD6-4756-A08E-F4D13DB10510 (resized).jpeg
#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you ever get a DNA test, don't be shocked if the cops come a calling about your uncle. That ain't normal dude.

My uncle was raised as a farm boy from Kentucky, so he could of tied them in a burlap sack with a brick and thrown them in the pond, shot them with his shotgun, or took care of it the way he did, which would you prefer? They handled animal husbandry a bit differently in Kentucky in 1969, and heck still do to this day. And since he has also passed on, I am not afraid of taking any DNA tests or cops showing up at my door, but thanks for your concern.

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ha, I used to call my old cat Mr. Bitey.

That name came from the movie “Kickass”, and Borneo picked it up along with one other, “Mr. Pinch”... he used to get a bit “wild” (hence the name Borneo) and would start biting you when you petted him for a long time and got a little rough at it... Mr. Pinch came about because he would not bite with his whole mouth, but would try and just “pinch” you between his top and bottom fangs on one side. And yes, it left a bruise every time if not an open wound. Had to love him.

6 months later
#18970 3 years ago

Might have covid... went and got swabbed... waiting on results. so far muscle aches, headaches and fever. First time in my life I am hoping I have the flu...

#18973 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How about your sense of taste and smell?
Will certainly be hoping it's the flu.

so far that has not happened so fingers crossed

#18975 3 years ago

For the record the my mouth tastes like what you would imagine the floor of an overused peepshow booth tastes like after the booth mopper called in sick for a week. Not that I would know, but try and get that image out of you head...

p.s. my u/d ratio was getting to high.

#18996 3 years ago

Waiting for test results and not knowing one way or the other is giving me major anxiety... I have two strikes against me, weight and age, and 58 is no spring chicken but it ain’t 74 either... So far just hoping this was just a mild cold or the flu but it’s been 2.5 days with symptoms and so far isn’t getting any worse.

#19004 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hang in there brother and try not to stress yourself out. You will be fine buddy.

Thanks @who-dey, I am so far doing ok, not getting worse yet and no other symptoms have shown up yet, but this might not be Covid and just a cold or the flu (hope hope) but I got tested, waiting on results.

#19037 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

. I guess I wake up each morning with "Hope".

yeah and wating until I get my test results back, I have been nothing but a bundle of "hope"

More like a bundle of anxiety

#19089 3 years ago

If I had to point to one thing that we are not proud of it is that are tribal nature and rabid fanaticism of professional sports has seeped into our politics. We used to “all come together as a team” to quote Pink Floyd after our elections... now it’s just bitter rivalry till the other side capitulates or your team wins, rinse, repeat. No way to run a republic, let alone a democracy.

#19107 3 years ago

Update... still no test results, however, my symptoms have cleared and I am feeling back to 100%. My guess is I caught a two to three day bug that went through me and then the wife about a day delayed, no other symptoms, just head ache, stiffness and low grade (100.4) fever. Took Advil for pain, nothing else. Fever broke, head ache stopped, no respiratory symptoms at all, no loss of smell or taste. So although not a doctor, without any test results, I would say I didn’t get COVID, this wasn’t COVID, but if it actually had been COVID, I did the responsible thing- I isolated, distanced, wore the mask, and went and got tested. I will remain isolated for 14 days or until my results (which I believe will be negative) are returned. Was it inconvenient? Yes. Did it waste a bunch of my time? Yes. But faced with same scenario in the future, I will do it all over again, because that is what a responsible, rational, patriotic, people loving, flag hugging, former US veteran, citizen soldier should, would, and did do. Be vigilant, wear the mask, get tested, isolate, distance, and we will win this war.

BH

#19116 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Congrats! Welcome back to the 95%+ of the population that don't get seriously ill from these kind of airborne viruses.

I don't think I had COVID, my test results are not back yet. If it was COVID, I dodged a big bullet because I have comorbidity issues of weight and age, and although not totally geriatric, (I'm only a quintagenarian), this has killed people in my same situation. That 4-5% you mention who are the unfortunate among us is still a f-ton (20 million plus) of sick, injured, and maybe debilitated people that we have to now deal with as a country. We are not even sure of the long term affects yet, let alone the continued burden on the health care industry as the long term affects start to pile up. It's in everyones best interest to do what we can to limit and stop the virus, no matter what side of the isle you are from. The overall cost of this has to be shouldered by us all, so why don't we all do what we can to reduce the impact on the general populace? Seems to be a no brainer that the more we limit infections and reduce the spread, the more money we are saving down the road, no matter the ecconomic immediate costs. The long term cost of not limiting the spread may (because we just don't know) cost us WAY more in the future, and the minnor ecconomic hiccup due to shutdowns and distancing may be worth it in the end. We must start thinking like Americans again and not as one side against the other, because ultimately we are ALL American and we ALL need to live together in harmony and peace in America, because the damn virus doesn't give a damn about WHO you voted for, what country it came from or what your political affiliation is. You're just a nice soft pink host to it, ready to knock you on your ass.

#19118 3 years ago

Test results are in, NOT COVID. So I guess I should buy a JJP GNR to celebrate? Nah... waiting for next CGC title actually.

#19220 3 years ago

Well, I think this will be the last time I post in here just because, like stated, there's not a lot of 'rona news in here except disputed and arguable "facts" and that no matter what I say in here, those on the opposite side of my oppinion are not going to be moved to change, so why even bother? I will continue doing what I know science has determined as the best course forward, I will isolate and "hide" from the virus until we have a vaccine, and then only one that has been thouroughly vetted and tested, including the two month delay after trials to see if any longer term affects surface. I am certainly not taking a vaccine from China, Russia, or any other foreign developed and tested drug. When all the leading epidemiologists start taking it, then I will take it. To the "dicknoses" of the world, I hope someday we can look back and point to them as the ones who made this worse than it needed to be, and everyone that didn't wear a mask, didn't socially distance, and just "kept on doing what they wanted" will feel the guilt that they are responsible for a portion of the people who have, or who will eventually be killed by this virus. I don't care how many lives that "so and so" claims to have saved by shutting down travel, or how many lives we would have lost if "such and such" had been in power and not stopped travel, the fact remains... This virus is here, it's killing Americans, and we ALL need to do our part to fight it.

If we were to take this populace of America back to 1942 and let them fight the Second World War, we all would be marching the goosestep and or be bowing to an emporer right now. When will people understand there are times when the needs of the many outweight the needs of the individual, and that individual freedoms and rights are a privilige that, some time in your life, you may have to give up in order to beat the enemy.

Could you image people in the UK who said "Screw these blackouts" and kept on burning their lights... not only would they have found themselves in trouble, they might have ended up finding themselves dead, and not necessarily at the hands of the enemy, however that was probabaly more likely as they would get the first round of bombs dropped on them during a raid. People like to think that our freedoms are sacred and inviolate, but I beg to differ. If the enemy is coming over the ridge, you do not have the right to stand up, and say "Its my right to show the enemy where we are" because you would be arrested for sedition or treason, or both, if you even lived to tell the tale.

There is a reason that the Armed Services are not covered by the Constitution, but by the Articles of the UCMJ or Unified Code of Military Justice. Under the Constitution, individuals have rights that the ordinary soldier does not. This is by design and by Law, because the UCMJ puts in place a hiearchy of the chain of command, and gives the commanding officer the right and responsibility to ask and demand that YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOUR COUNTRY. Or as us veterans like to call it, the Ultimate Sacrifice is requested by your country.

We are now faced with an unseen enemy, one that kills indescrimanantly, and without emotion. When asked to wear a mask, to socially distance, and limit the spread of the enemy, people act like you are asking them for the Ultimate Sacrifice, and I have to say, as a Veteran, you people make me sick. I worked, sweated gallons of sweat, run many miles, pushed many a pushup, sacrificed my time, energy, and blood to keep this country great while in the Navy. And all we are asking you to do is be a little inconvienced with a piece of cloth and some string. We are not asking you to face the enemy without a shield, as a matter of fact, the mask sort of is the shield, but we all must wear it for it to work.

If the enemy was lobbing bullets and motars at you, would you stand up, remove your flak jacket or BPV, and run blindly at the enemy? NO. So why do so many want to try this with COVID19?!?

BH

#19236 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Part of the argument against science is the tactic of wearing you down until you give up and go away.

This is a valid point, no argument here.

#19239 3 years ago

I would swear there is some kind of Orwellian fear that makes people want to block or prevent contract tracing because it might “identify and name” people and, being as litigious a society as we have become, fear they might be held liable if they are determined to be a “spreader”, including determining that a single person’s actions actually lead to someone’s death.

Maybe if we passed a law making contact tracing information ineligible for use as evidence in a civil or criminal trial, maybe people would not fear it and it could again be used as a tool to stop the spread. Just thinking out loud here...

10 months later
#25287 2 years ago

With billions of hosts that can incubate mutated variants directly and possibly 200 trillion indirect hosts in the form of birds (avian flu) it is a wonder we have any success at all with flu vaccines yearly and is why sometimes they work well, and some seasons hardly work at all. The same problem exists with COVID, and if we have to take a yearly shot against it, why not? Big pharma can not win the flu war any better than they will win a COVID war, but the amount of lives saved yearly makes it worth doing. As our knowledge of a virus grows, the paths of the infections, the strain, the variants are all cataloged and tracked. They then make a "best guess" on which strain or strains MIGHT be more prevalent for this season and base the flu vaccine on fighting those strains. When they guess right, we have a mild flu season. They guess wrong, we have a bad one. Right now, there are very limited COVID strains and the vaccines can be way more effectively engineered. If we were to actually quash the virus to the point below the natural infection rates, we have a chance right now of killing it off like polio or smallpox. But the antivax sentiment is making that more and more unachievable every day.

#25486 2 years ago

This is all very interesting to banter back and forth on masks and vaccines and all, but the thing is, if the masks are not 100% effective, will you at least concede they are better than no mask at all? Is there no middle ground? Let's say they are only 20% effective. Is that not worthy of consideration?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.