Topic Stats

• 21,315 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,072 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
632156087 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21316 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 427.
#4901 9 months ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Hope I’m a bad host if any damn covidz come looking to party with me

I also noticed I had a little bit of a sunburn after doing all my yard work yesterday and it occurred to me, I have never seen anybody with a sunburn that is sick. The two just don't seem to go together.

#4902 9 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

”far-UVC light cannot penetrate even the outer (non living) layers of human skin or eye; however, because bacteria and viruses are of micrometer or smaller dimensions, far-UVC can penetrate and inactivate them. We show for the frst time that far-UVC efficiently inactivates airborne aerosolized viruses, with a very low dose of 2mJ/cm2 of 222-nm light inactivating >95% of aerosolized H1N1 infuenza virus. Continuous very low dose-rate far-UVC light in indoor public locations is a promising, safe and inexpensive tool to reduce the spread of airborne mediated microbial diseases. “
From an article in Nature
This proposal does not seek to completely remediate the virus from all parts of the lungs, but could eliminate the large clusters shown in the main airway from x-rays of patients.

Dude.. you're trying to cite findings about AEROSOLIZED work... and the safety concerns mentioned about UVC at DISTANCE... to applying it INTERNALLY where there is no epidermis or even dermis at all to protect cells.

Short wave length UV-C light is mean stuff. This isn't your stranger things blacklights... This is destroy cells stuff.

#4903 9 months ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Why does a ventilator cost $24000. Is it that complicated to make?

Any biomedical devices intended for human use need to pass FDA regulations. This involves not only the original research, development/verification and manufacture of but also the preclinical and clinical trials associated with the device(s). It is an expensive process. Complicated doesn’t always mean expensive, but regulatory considerations ALWAYS means expensive.

#4904 9 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Any biomedical devices intended for human use need to pass FDA regulations. This involves not only the original research, development/verification and manufacture of but also the preclinical and clinical trials associated with the device(s). It is an expensive process. Complicated doesn’t always mean expensive, but regulatory considerations ALWAYS means expensive.

I don’t think the government is too worried about regulations right about now, everything is going to be fast tracked.

#4905 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I don’t think the government is too worried about regulations right about now, everything is going to be fast tracked.

You tell me where it says that FDA regulations have been suspended... what company would be willing to open themselves up to the ensuing lawsuits?

Nope.

#4906 9 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

You tell me where it says that FDA regulations have been suspended... what company would be willing to open themselves up to the ensuing lawsuits?
Nope.

But the DPA was enacted, they won’t have much of a choice if companies pussyfoot like GM did.

#4907 9 months ago

Suddenly everyone is an expert on medical devices. Hilarious.

#4908 9 months ago

The weather must have something to do with this. California, the fifth largest economy in the world, and in parts some of the most densely populated areas in the USA still has just over 5000 reported cases. And a lot of those are in the northern, wetter areas like San Francisco.

And although Mexico's president is now telling residents to stay home, they have hardly been hit at all.

I think this bug doesn't really care that much for warm, dry climate.

#4909 9 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Suddenly everyone is an expert on medical devices. Hilarious.

When did I say I was an expert on medical devices? It’s idiotic to me to think that red tape is going to slow shit up now.

#4910 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s idiotic to me to think that red tape is going to slow shit up now.

The mistake here is believing that so-called ‘red tape’ isn’t protecting people from death due to faulty devices.

FWIW: I have worked for biomedical device companies for nearly my entire career, so if it seems like I am defending them... you bet your ass I am.

#4911 9 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

The mistake here is believing that so-called ‘red tape’ isn’t protecting people from death due to faulty devices.

Unnecessary delays=unnecessary deaths

#4912 9 months ago

We will have to agree to disagree here.

#4913 9 months ago

And that is how a debate is done.

#4914 9 months ago

Florida. Duval county shutdown its beaches, its neighboring county did not. Wanna guess which is which (this is from Saturday):
1B08FF23-A9E2-405A-8BB9-A90CC27FEC12.jpeg

#4915 9 months ago

Can someone post the link(s) to the best website that’s has the daily updates to the graphs showing cases and deaths for countries and states?

#4916 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can someone post the link(s) to the best website that’s has the daily updates to the graphs showing cases and deaths for countries and states?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

#4917 9 months ago

It’s interesting to see how many Asian experts and pundits MSNBC has been putting on the air the past week or so...

#4919 9 months ago

Brother in law is being tested after working on the Covid floor of our local Hospital on Tuesday and showing symptoms on Saturday. Not fun times

#4920 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Florida. Duval county shutdown its beaches, its neighboring county did not. Wanna guess which is which (this is from Saturday):
[quoted image]

They are pulling this kind of crap around here.

https://www.counton2.com/news/local-news/folly-beach-reverses-access-bans/

They had restrictions on the beaches in place and the SC Attorney General decided they weren't legal, so they were forced to remove the restrictions and allow people back on the beach.

Our governor is such a slimy weasel he won't shut down the state because of tourism.

#4921 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Be safe!
Sorry if things sound political but when you are frustrated

Thanks!!
Yes many are frustrated so the political rants and the should have, could have posts will go on. Everyone needs to vent. My venting is calling out all the back and forth political bull crap. Where would I be without all you guys to complain about???
And be safe yourself. That goes for everyone else also.

#4922 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And be safe yourself.

I'm trying!

#4923 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Brother in law is being tested after working on the Covid floor of our local Hospital on Tuesday and showing symptoms on Saturday. Not fun times

Sorry to hear that! Classmate of my wife has it. He posted from his home that it wiped his ass out. Very healthy dude. 53 but looks 35.

Also, good friend works the ER as a nurse at local hospital. She says it’s becoming extremely serious. She’s working double shifts and she’s burnt. This hospital serves a specific part of the community that mostly refuses to social distance, and they’re being hit hard. County cited them twice last week for keeping two schools open. And then someone held a big wedding.

You really can’t fix stupid, when people think they’re entitled or special.

#4924 9 months ago

Watching Tiger King makes pinball drama seem insignificant.

#4925 9 months ago

Too much to try to keep up with on here and just the same back and forth. So leaving you tonight with a little words of wisdom.

A man can not strap a load down on a truck without shaking it and saying "That ain't going no where."
A women can not put on a pair of yoga paints without looking at her butt in the mirror, shaking it and saying "that ain't going no where."

And that's a fact Jack.

#4926 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

A man can not strap a load down on a truck without shaking it and saying "That ain't going no where."
A women can not put on a pair of yoga paints without looking at her butt in the mirror, shaking it and saying "that ain't going no where."

And if Superman had been raised in Germany before WWII, there might have been an entirely different outcome.

#4927 9 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

They had restrictions on the beaches in place and the SC Attorney General decided they weren't legal, so they were forced to remove the restrictions and allow people back on the beach.
Our governor is such a slimy weasel he won't shut down the state because of tourism.

We were just on the beach in Galveston and they booted everyone off. Sucks, we were having a good time.

#4929 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Yes. He drones on and on at times.

wake me up when Cuomo’s back on.

#4930 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Too much to try to keep up with on here and just the same back and forth. So leaving you tonight with a little words of wisdom.
And that's a fact Jack.

And one cannot use tongs without giving them a few clicks to make sure they are working properly

420C8888-8088-43EA-91FD-857CB58B3EAF (resized).jpeg
#4931 9 months ago
Quoted from s1500:

Watching Tiger King makes pinball drama seem insignificant.

How can you watch that show? That guy and the woman are total pieces of shit.

#4932 9 months ago
Quoted from JayDee:

And one cannot use tongs without giving them a few clicks to make sure they are working properly

I told my buddy the same thing about flippers last night. Don't wait for the ball to hit them to test them out.

#4933 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Freak shows never go out of style.

#4934 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

The weather must have something to do with this. California, the fifth largest economy in the world, and in parts some of the most densely populated areas in the USA still has just over 5000 reported cases. And a lot of those are in the northern, wetter areas like San Francisco.
And although Mexico's president is now telling residents to stay home, they have hardly been hit at all.
I think this bug doesn't really care that much for warm, dry climate.

Its actually about even as 1800+ are LA county alone...

#4935 9 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There are more cars and people at this shitty golf course than in the Dana Point Harbor with all their restaurants with to go food open. I grew up here and have never seen this golf course so busy. Every other golf course is closed except these clowns. My golfing buddies thought I was stupid for canceling a Vegas golf trip on March 2, 3, and 4. I didn't want to stay in an international city like that at the end of Feb. My wife has auto immune issues and I wouldn't risk it then. For them to be playing golf today should be a criminal act to the golf course. Nobody is on our beaches. Surfers are allowed in the water though.

#4937 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I don’t actually think there is anyone on that show who isn’t.

#4938 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That's exactly WHY I watch the show. If the pinball bubble ever bursts, it's because Carol did it.

#4939 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its actually about even as 1800+ are LA county alone...

Think how big and densely populated LA county is and all the incoming and outgoing tourists and commerce. More than most places in the world. It is also a melting pot of people from all the highly infected countries and everywhere else including the rest of the USA and they traveled back and forth as they pleased.

I say weather has something to do with it.

#4940 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

no lies detected. And Hannity / Tucker Carlson is on par, just for a different demographic. "Infotainment" garbage for people addicted to conspiracy theories and outrage. Alex Jones does the same thing as Carlson and Hannity, just with contemporary kayfabe.

This got flagged as political? This place is weird. All those shows are defined as "opinion entertainment" by their own network.
Is this like in pro wrestling where you're not supposed to talk about the artifice?

#4941 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

But the DPA was enacted, they won’t have much of a choice if companies pussyfoot like GM did.

GM didn’t pussyfoot. They’d already forged ahead while the publicity tour was busy trashing them (after first telling them no deal because of the cost). This information is readily available in select, high quality newspapers. Not sure if TV news has covered it because I don’t watch TV news.

Liberty University also open for business! God help them.

Liberty University Brings Back Its Students, and Coronavirus, Too
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/us/politics/coronavirus-liberty-university-falwell.html?referringSource=articleShar

#4942 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

GM didn’t pussyfoot. They’d already forged ahead while the publicity tour was busy trashing them, after telling them (after telling them no because of the cost). This information is readily available in select, high quality newspapers. Not sure if TV news has covered it because I don’t watch TV news.
Liberty University also open for business! God help them.
Liberty University Brings Back Its Students, and Coronavirus, Too
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/us/politics/coronavirus-liberty-university-falwell.html?referringSource=articleShar

That's GREAT news!

#4943 9 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's exactly WHY I watch the show. If the pinball bubble ever bursts, it's because Carol did it.

Doc Antle is from your neck of the woods right?

#4944 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Think how big and densely populated LA county is and all the incoming and outgoing tourists and commerce. More than most places in the world. It is also a melting pot of people from all the highly infected countries and everywhere else and they traveled back and forth as they pleased.
I say weather has something to do with it.

Totally understand... Bay Area is probably is probably as much of a melting pot due to all the tech. Possibly weather has something to do with it, but the weather isn't much different between so cal and nor cal

#4945 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

[quoted image]

#4946 9 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Articles on covid-19 organized by date:
https://www.covid19-archive.com/?repost

This is a good resource, thank you

#4947 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Doc Antle is from your neck of the woods right?

Oh yes. We frequent Myrtle Beach for short little weekend trips. My wife and I were wondering why we had never heard of his place, because we've done a lot of the other wildlife things in MB like https://alligatoradventure.com/.

Like they said in the series, it's like $400 PER PERSON to go to his place. Nah, I'm good.

#4948 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally understand... Bay Area is probably is probably as much of a melting pot due to all the tech. Possibly weather has something to do with it, but the weather isn't much different between so cal and nor cal

I guess what I'm saying is besides the fact we were the first to shut down, Ca's numbers are dramatically lower at this point in time than just about everywhere else with dense population.

If weather wasn't a factor, we should be one of the highest infected places in the world right now.

#4949 9 months ago
ZCHANGED (2) (resized).pngZEGO (2) (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Interactive
Cobra Amusements
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 21316 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 427.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside