272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 576.
#4801 4 years ago

lmao so all this quarantine nonsense was this dipshit’s idea? Shocker.

Yeah, defiantly allow spring break to rage unabated for weeks in your state, and then blame it all on New York and beg your crony to institute an illegal NY wall off? Pretty much 2020 politics in a nutshell.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/helpers-heroes/os-ne-coronavirus-desantis-trump-quarantine-nyc-20200329-qdiiefpy7zfdjnc7b5wnniplmi-story.html

#4802 4 years ago

This is all part of the CCP's plan to create a ludicrous narrative it was created by the US military and deflect their global liability for this mess.

#4803 4 years ago

Just curious, what’s driven the increase in partisanship the last day or two. Everyone was united and on the same page with facts. The Wickerman posts used to be almost unanimously upvoted now it’s split again. Couple of questions for the folks down voting him recently:
- Is it just starting to get real for folks in other parts of the country that they’re checking the thread?
- Have you seen more memes and content on social media pop up that shifts blame to folks outside federal government?
- Have the Fox Opinion shows changed their content to shift blame?

I’m trying to figure out why this has become partisan again.

Hopefully this won’t get moderated. *hesitantly pushes send post*

*Updated with additional hypothesis.*

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

“Every metro area should assume that they will have an outbreak equivalent to New York,” said Dr. Deborah Birx.

Chicago has had the advantage of time, while I know this area will get crushed, there’s already large shuttered hospitals that are reopened and more in the works as we speak, and again Illinois was one of the first states to put the clamps down, hoping for the best and trying to stay positive here.
I honestly don’t care about anyone’s politics, we’re all here because we have one thing in common, the love of pinball. Stay safe everyone!

#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have found staying hungry throughout this stay at home ordeal has not only made me feel healthier, but also is showing great improvement at my waistline.

When have you ever been anything but skinny,
at least thin by todays standards.
A better way for you to stay skinny is maybe cut back on the booze intake,
but that would probably kill you, faster than the virus.

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Just curious, what’s driven the increase in partisanship the last day or two. Everyone was united and on the same page with facts. The Wickerman posts used to be almost unanimously upvoted now it’s split again. Couple of questions for the folks down voting him recently:
- Have you seen more memes and content on social media pop up that shifts blame to folks outside federal government?
- Have the Fox Opinion shows changed their content to shift blame?
Hopefully this won’t get moderated. *hesitantly pushes send post*

People are angry and anger drives opinion.

Those who have been paying attention for weeks are still furious this was allowed to happen.

People who are just getting the point now are newly angry and looking for someone to blame besides those who refused to prepare us properly for this and told us for months this was not a big deal and everybody should stop whining about it.

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, allow spring break to rage unabated for weeks in your state, and then blame it all on New York and beg your crony to institute an illegal NY wall off? Pretty much 2020 politics in a nutshell.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I found it interesting. Cell phone tracking from Spring Break and showing how far those phones have traveled in 2 weeks (spoiler alert - Hello Ohio!)

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/27/cell-phone-tracking-analysis-shows-where-florida-springbreakers-and-new-yorkers

They also have a 2nd link that shows the flight of New Yorkers out of the city, so there's that too.

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Fear

#4809 4 years ago

Today’s Faheed Zacharia GPS show on CNN was one of the better shows on in recent days. Very insightful and sobering. I believe it will be replayed at 1pm eastern/noon central.

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lmao so all this quarantine nonsense was this dipshit’s idea? Shocker.
Yeah, defiantly allow spring break to rage unabated for weeks in your state, and then blame it all on New York and beg your crony to institute an illegal NY wall off? Pretty much 2020 politics in a nutshell.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/helpers-heroes/os-ne-coronavirus-desantis-trump-quarantine-nyc-20200329-qdiiefpy7zfdjnc7b5wnniplmi-story.html

I don't blame him. His job as governor of Florida is to do his best protectt his state and citizens. The reality is thousands of New Yorkers are fleeing and potentially spreading the virus throughout the eastern seaboard.

Strong federal leadership would have and should have quarantined breakout areas at least a week ago. This is what has happened in countries that better contained the virus like So. Korea and increasingly throughout Europe.

What makes New York and the US so unique that we can't use quarantines in an emergency public health crisis?

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This could be an exact description of what me and mine suffered back in mid-November. I will always be convinced it was around then in the US and we got it.

I think lots of people have had it and don’t realize. In Washington state they predict it was in the state for weeks before the first case was identified. Hopefully there’s an accessible antibody test soon.

#4812 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

His job as governor of Florida is to do his best protectt his state and citizens.

His job as governor of New York is to do his best protectt his state and citizens.

#4813 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What makes New York and the US so unique that we can't use quarantines in an emergency public health crisis?

Can’t use that strategy without testing. We are 4-6 weeks late at least in testing. It makes no sense to quarantine based on inadequate testing. NYC has done THE MOST testing in US. This is everywhere, stop saying NYC is spreading it up and down the coast. Manhattan folks don’t flee to rural Georgia.

News flash: it’s where you are, it’s where I am...there is no typhoid mary state.

#4814 4 years ago
3D9FD064-C531-48A8-9979-BD578A0A3604 (resized).jpeg3D9FD064-C531-48A8-9979-BD578A0A3604 (resized).jpeg
#4815 4 years ago

Man, our contry is still completely asleep on this. The new "rule" is that IF you have covid symptoms, you can't board a plane. How in the hell can you still board a plane??? There's lineups to get into grocery stores, yet you can get on an inclosed tube for hours and sit right beside a fellow idiot. I suppose we'll wait for the death numbers to go up before cancelling all air travel. Man, the stupidity is astounding.

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Man, our contry is still completely asleep on this. The new "rule" is that IF you have covid symptoms, you can't board a plane. How in the hell can you still board a plane??? There's lineups to get into grocery stores, yet you can get on an inclosed tube for hours and sit right beside a fellow idiot. I suppose we'll wait for the death numbers to go up before cancelling all air travel. Man, the stupidity is astounding.

This is all true.

Yet it’s NYC’s fault.

Everybody is still just in denial and still trying to pass the buck. Meanwhile your kids came back from Florida to Ohio or Mardi Gras to Kentucky and they are spreading it around.

#4817 4 years ago

11:00 break and political attacks and blame game are full swing once again. Now back to work for me.

#4818 4 years ago

Only because it constantly changes, and Im unsure why this is of no concern.

We went through several days of blame China. The rhetoric wasnt there for the 4 weeks before.
As soon as it was mentioned and repeated, talking heads in media, were on the blame game.

Then, when this pushed at the recent G7 discussion, there were countries against it.
So this morning, at 1 AM, it shifted again, to now, we can no longer use blame china.

Will this new change of direction cause everyone who followed the Blame Rhetoric change their view?
Not likely. Once released, its hard to undo.

The cathertic speaking causes issues, as it is inconsistent at best, and harmful at worst.

So with this tweet, our position has changed back:

"Just finished a very good conversation with President Xi of China. Discussed in great detail the CoronaVirus that is ravaging large parts of our Planet. China has been through much & has developed a strong understanding of the Virus. We are working closely together. Much respect!"

#4819 4 years ago
index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Dreamed about a Therapy, would like to document it here first. Not recommending a medical procedure, just feel the idea may have
some credence.
Intubation with miniature UV Lights. If UV kills the virus on surfaces why could the light not be introduced deep into the trachea to
kill the clinging virus on the lungs?

This would cause severe burns in the trachea. Remember, UV light is what causes sunburns.

#4821 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This would cause severe burns in the trachea. Remember, UV light is what causes sunburns.

Good to see you back, buddy!

#4822 4 years ago

Anxiety is easier to cope with when you recognize it. I am envious of those of you who have the tech type skills. I've learned that finishing projects in times like these helps greatly. Start small and go from there. Finishing tasks can give us a feeling of "control" in times like this. I'm actually looking forward to waxing my playfields next week. I can't play pinball as much as I have 2 financial business employees now working from home.

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

you're just "following" most of others countries, being late by 2 or 3 weeks (and not learning from our errors)... but yes, same deny, same bad reactions, same fate...

:/

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Good to see you back, buddy!

Needed some time away from this thread. Hopefully in the future we can avoid the amount of pointless bickering that was going on over those couple days.

I probably won't recognize you the next time we see each other, good on you for the weight loss!

#4825 4 years ago

Hey Doc,

A question if you have knowledge on Proteolytic Enzyme treatment for the Virus.
I use Serrapeptase to keep my lungs clear, and remove soft arterial plaque, based on my condition.
Are you aware of this being of any help with the virus, as it clear mucus in the lungs, or is this mucus helping more?

#4826 4 years ago

The governor of Kansas has put the entire state on shutdown. Essential stuff only. Food. Medical. Go take care of family member. etc.

Here is the scary part. Our previous governor did not sign Kansas up for the Medicade expansion that was coming around with Obamacare. And all of the government money being spent does not look like is helping some people in this state. We have people who are sick but not getting tested because they cannot afford to get tested.

https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavirus/article241558646.html

" As the single mother of a daughter with a congenital heart defect and compromised immune system, Melissa Dodge is taking every precaution she can to limit her exposure to COVID-19.

She’s cut her hours at the grocery store where she works in Derby, Kansas. When she comes home, she doesn’t touch any of her four children before changing her clothes.

Worries about illness aren’t new for Dodge, 35. She doesn’t have health insurance, and getting sick means having to calculate the risk of skipping a doctor’s visit versus paying out of pocket. The coronavirus pandemic has amplified those concerns..."

But Dodge is caught in the triple bind that ensnares thousands of working poor in Kansas and Missouri. She makes too much from her part-time customer service job at the grocery store to qualify for Medicaid herself. She makes too little to buy insurance through the federal health care exchange, and she works too few hours to receive benefits from her employer.

Dodge is one of roughly 130,000 Kansans and 200,000 Missourians who would be covered by Medicaid if their states had expanded eligibility under the Affordable Care Act. The change would cover adults who make up to 138% of the federal poverty line — an income of a little more than $17,600 for a single adult, or $42,300 for a family of five like Dodge’s. "
=================================================

" James Owens, a 51-year-old father of two, has Medicaid, but whether he keeps it each month comes down to a few hundred dollars.

He does handyman jobs for clients around Kansas City, but “unfortunately I report my income honestly.” That means the harder he works, the more likely he’ll earn too much to qualify for Medicaid.

Since the outbreak, all of Owens’ business has dried up. The bills haven’t. “I had work lined up, but it all canceled. I had a couple commercial jobs, too, and again economic uncertainty led to them canceling,” he said.

“When this is over, I need to catch up. I still have to pay my other bills. I’m gonna have to work my butt off to catch up on bills,” Owens said. “So I know I will lose my Medicaid again. There’s no doubt about that. I’m gonna lose my Medicaid coverage because I have to pay bills accrued during this economic shutdown.”
==============================================
There is more of the same at the link.
-----------------------------------------------------

#4827 4 years ago

Here’s Cyd (for Cyd Charisse) demonstrating how to quarantine. She spends at least half the day in this spot, and in this position.

1EC4C54F-25E6-4A45-8851-748F97A316AA (resized).png1EC4C54F-25E6-4A45-8851-748F97A316AA (resized).png
#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hey Doc,
A question if you have knowledge on Proteolytic Enzyme treatment for the Virus.
I use Serrapeptase to keep my lungs clear, and remove soft arterial plaque, based on my condition.
Are you aware of this being of any help with the virus, as it clear mucus in the lungs, or is this mucus helping more?

I'm not aware of any current research on this topic. The real issue with severe COVID-19 is ARDS which isn't a mucus problem. It's a lung stiffness problem. The air sacs of the lungs need to be stretchy to be able to inflate and deflate as you breathe. If they get inflamed and stiff you end up with very high airway pressures and difficulty with gas traveling across the membranes of the lungs to let CO2 out of the blood and O2 in. Eventually this problem can advance to the point we can't adequately ventilate the patient even with extreme measures like proning or high frequency oscillator vents.

#4830 4 years ago

We are NOT asking for donations. We have plenty of people from New Mexico donating. Just want to give a shout out to Kristin, Mrs. Mezelmods for starting this in our state. And keeping the mods shipping to the many in quarantine.

https://nmmakersunited.com/

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Profits above health is literally against our own interests

co-signed 100%. We do OK here, but we also need to get dental and medication fully funded as well. All essential and part of the public good.

#4832 4 years ago

Anger, disbelief and an exhaustion of patience.

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

When this is all over...I think every single person here and anywhere will know someone who died from this. I am praying science can save us....that treatments and a vaccine are found sooner rather than later. Stay safe people.

These are just generalized numbers, but going off 70% of people infected, 3% die, that gives 2.1% of any given person dying. (yes, mega simplified math here)
So for a close circle of 20 friends and family, there is a 65% no one in that circle will die.

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

His job as governor of New York is to do his best protectt his state and citizens.

How is lashing out and threatening lawsuits of neighboring states for requiring quarantines of New Yorkers fleeing to other states related to that? This is a public health and safety issue and governors of states outside of New York have every right to take measures to protect the citizens under their jurisdiction.

His jurisdiction is New York. In my mind trying to bully smaller states trying to get a handle on their own problems doesnt help anyone.

#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is all true.
Yet it’s NYC’s fault.
Everybody is still just in denial and still trying to pass the buck. Meanwhile your kids came back from Florida to Ohio or Mardi Gras to Kentucky and they are spreading it around.

Last I checked NYC was still part of the US. It seems to me that collaboration with the Feds should have occurred and plans should have been in place back in January for anticipating this in the nation’s largest city. But we were being told not to worry and it wasn’t an issue then.

NYC should have been Federal priority #1 then and it should be Federal priority #1 now. But it isn’t. Feel free to opine.

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If a pinball company is sitting on a JAWS reveal, now would be the perfect time to unveil that machine!

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The governor of Kansas has put the entire state on shutdown. Essential stuff only. Food. Medical. Go take care of family member. etc.
Here is the scary part. Our previous governor did not sign Kansas up for the Medicade expansion that was coming around with Obamacare. And all of the government money being spent does not look like is helping some people in this state. We have people who are sick but not getting tested because they cannot afford to get tested.
https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavirus/article241558646.html
" As the single mother of a daughter with a congenital heart defect and compromised immune system, Melissa Dodge is taking every precaution she can to limit her exposure to COVID-19.
She’s cut her hours at the grocery store where she works in Derby, Kansas. When she comes home, she doesn’t touch any of her four children before changing her clothes.
Worries about illness aren’t new for Dodge, 35. She doesn’t have health insurance, and getting sick means having to calculate the risk of skipping a doctor’s visit versus paying out of pocket. The coronavirus pandemic has amplified those concerns..."
But Dodge is caught in the triple bind that ensnares thousands of working poor in Kansas and Missouri. She makes too much from her part-time customer service job at the grocery store to qualify for Medicaid herself. She makes too little to buy insurance through the federal health care exchange, and she works too few hours to receive benefits from her employer.
Dodge is one of roughly 130,000 Kansans and 200,000 Missourians who would be covered by Medicaid if their states had expanded eligibility under the Affordable Care Act. The change would cover adults who make up to 138% of the federal poverty line — an income of a little more than $17,600 for a single adult, or $42,300 for a family of five like Dodge’s. "
=================================================
" James Owens, a 51-year-old father of two, has Medicaid, but whether he keeps it each month comes down to a few hundred dollars.
He does handyman jobs for clients around Kansas City, but “unfortunately I report my income honestly.” That means the harder he works, the more likely he’ll earn too much to qualify for Medicaid.
Since the outbreak, all of Owens’ business has dried up. The bills haven’t. “I had work lined up, but it all canceled. I had a couple commercial jobs, too, and again economic uncertainty led to them canceling,” he said.
“When this is over, I need to catch up. I still have to pay my other bills. I’m gonna have to work my butt off to catch up on bills,” Owens said. “So I know I will lose my Medicaid again. There’s no doubt about that. I’m gonna lose my Medicaid coverage because I have to pay bills accrued during this economic shutdown.”
==============================================
There is more of the same at the link.
-----------------------------------------------------

Decisions have consequences. There’s going to be a lot of stories like this. And some of them won’t end well.

#4839 4 years ago

New data just released

DE42BDB2-229D-4F66-AE6E-EFAE4F29F3DF (resized).pngDE42BDB2-229D-4F66-AE6E-EFAE4F29F3DF (resized).png
#4840 4 years ago

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and my question is will the Coronavirus change your life in other ways to be more healthy long term?

I see so many people worried about virus and the spread yet they continue to have other horrible habits that effect their health but don’t ever seem to focus on them.

Will people stop eating shit, drinking alcohol, smoking and start exercising regularly?

I don’t understand the people that don’t take care of themselves, basically killing themselves from vices but then going hyper crazy over the virus.

Think if we gave cancer and heart disease the kind of attention we have given the virus. Those are the true killers yet no one pays attention to them.

#4841 4 years ago

Thanks Doc,

Could I trouble you to look at this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boqi-international-medical-announces-distributorship-133010769.html

Enteric Enzymes used in China against the Virus. It is being used after the fact for easing of symptoms.
Not as a preventative, as no studies on regular use as a defense.
This is Prescription around the world and OTC here, unless combined to patent, current approval is
thrombosis in legs.

#4842 4 years ago

Not many people have faced both 1918-1919 H1N1 ("Spanish Flu") and Covid-19.

This lady survived (and remembered) the former, but not the latter:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/29/spanish-flu-survivor-dies-from-coronavirus-aged-108

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Can’t use that strategy without testing. We are 4-6 weeks late at least in testing. It makes no sense to quarantine based on inadequate testing. NYC has done THE MOST testing in US. This is everywhere, stop saying NYC is spreading it up and down the coast. Manhattan folks don’t flee to rural Georgia.
News flash: it’s where you are, it’s where I am...there is no typhoid mary state.

You're missing the point. Yes it is everywhere. However, pretending like quarantines of hotzone areas where thousands already have it are worthless at this point is ridiculous.

Every state and area's situation is different right now. Some have a handle on getting it better controlled and flattening the curve for their situation, hospitals, and healthcare workers. No quarantines at all will just guarantee those areas and states will be overrun as well.

If you guys want to say otherwise, fine. What I'm saying is just common sense and what is happening in just about every country trying to contain this out side of the US right now.

Everything in this thread has become political so I'm going to check out. I'm sure some of you will be happy to hear that so you can continue on with your group think commentary with no differing viewpoints.

#4845 4 years ago

Are the files for printing these available?
I was talking with a friend of mine in California yesterday who is in the laser cutting and 3D printing business who is interested in doing this. I told him about the post made by @rotordave and how people are doing this in New Zealand and he sounded very interested.

His business was predominantly making custom tap handles for breweries so as you can imagine he’s not doing much at the moment.

#4846 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s Cyd (for Cyd Charisse) demonstrating how to quarantine. She spends at least half the day in this spot, and in this position.[quoted image]

OMGosh what a (socially responsible) cutie. And I love Cyd Charisse! here is a blog post I did about the arcade in The Band Wagon, and at the end I have a video of one of my favourite routines with Charisse. http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2020/01/exploring-penny-arcade-of-band-wagon.html

#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

11:00 break and political attacks and blame game are full swing once again.

Be safe!

Sorry if things sound political but when you are frustrated with the response and the response is partially driven by partisan politics it’s almost impossible to “sound” neutral. States that happen to have outspoken dem governor’s getting less product than the opposite is outrageous. Telling the vp not to talk to that woman from Michigan...there is case after case showing the occupant of wh is at least trying to punish certain states.

#4848 4 years ago

isfBob on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/isfBob , brought to my attention by this thread) posted this graphic last night - it shows the US trend line is one of the steepest in the world. He also has state-by-state trendlines in the other posts from last night.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 12.20.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-29 at 12.20.06 PM (resized).png

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#4849 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

However, pretending like quarantines of hotzone areas where thousands already have it are worthless at this point is ridiculous.

No testing = you can not identify hot zones. See korea, taiwan, China. This is not hard to understand.

SO, again, you “quarantine “ a hot zone with no idea of what’s happening outside hot zone because of lack of testing.

#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Not many people have faced both 1918-1919 H1N1 ("Spanish Flu") and Covid-19.
This lady survived (and remembered) the former, but not the latter:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/29/spanish-flu-survivor-dies-from-coronavirus-aged-108

this 101 year old beat both the 1918 flu and the 2020 one: https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/03/27/the-miraculous-mr-p-101-year-old-italian-man-beats-coronavirus/#6a90398348bc

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/97?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.