Topic Stats

• 21,385 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,078 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 428.
#4751 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Good news is I've lost 76 pounds.

Impressive Dad, nice going dude for real!

#4752 9 months ago

About the persistence time of the coronavirus on various surfaces, very disparate / conflicting results have been reported.

This scientific article (link here: https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext) summarizes findings from different labs and compares decontamination protocols.

The consensus is that it lasts longer on glass, plastic and steel (several days). Your takeaway pizza in a cardboard box is only a bit safer... but if I were you, I would put it back in the oven for 30' at 170°F or more before eating it.

Abstract:
Currently, the emergence of a novel human coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, has become a global health concern causing severe respiratory tract infections in humans. Human-to-human transmissions have been described with incubation times between 2-10 days, facilitating its spread via droplets, contaminated hands or surfaces. We therefore reviewed the literature on all available information about the persistence of human and veterinary coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces as well as inactivation strategies with biocidal agents used for chemical disinfection, e.g. in healthcare facilities. The analysis of 22 studies reveals that human coronaviruses such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) coronavirus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus or endemic human coronaviruses (HCoV) can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62–71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute. Other biocidal agents such as 0.05–0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02% chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective. As no specific therapies are available for SARS-CoV-2, early containment and prevention of further spread will be crucial to stop the ongoing outbreak and to control this novel infectious thread.

#4753 9 months ago

There ya go!

burnt-pizza-on-tray (resized).jpg
#4754 9 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

About the persistence time of the coronavirus on various surfaces, very disparate / conflicting results have been reported.
This scientific article (link here: https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext) summarizes findings from different labs and compares decontamination protocols.
The consensus is that it lasts longer on glass, plastic and steel (several days). Your takeaway pizza in a cardboard box is only a bit safer... but if I were you, I would put it back in the oven for 30' at 170°F or more before eating it.
Abstract:
Currently, the emergence of a novel human coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, has become a global health concern causing severe respiratory tract infections in humans. Human-to-human transmissions have been described with incubation times between 2-10 days, facilitating its spread via droplets, contaminated hands or surfaces. We therefore reviewed the literature on all available information about the persistence of human and veterinary coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces as well as inactivation strategies with biocidal agents used for chemical disinfection, e.g. in healthcare facilities. The analysis of 22 studies reveals that human coronaviruses such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) coronavirus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus or endemic human coronaviruses (HCoV) can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62–71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute. Other biocidal agents such as 0.05–0.2% benzalkonium chloride or 0.02% chlorhexidine digluconate are less effective. As no specific therapies are available for SARS-CoV-2, early containment and prevention of further spread will be crucial to stop the ongoing outbreak and to control this novel infectious thread.

I believe that eating out is far more dangerous than the experts are letting on. I've ate fast food 2 or 3 times lately but I've also decided not to eat it many times and went ahead and fixed my own dinner at home. It sucks if you cant even go get a pizza without worrying about coronavirus germs on it.

#4755 9 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

There ya go![quoted image]

But see the bright side, now it's 100% safe

Quoted from Who-Dey:

It sucks if you cant even go get a pizza without worrying about coronavirus germs on it

Same problem may apply for anything delivered at your home. Processed food or not. Once you accept delivery, remove the external wrapping and throw it away immediately. Then wash your hands extensively and and clean your door knobs... If the goods are not perishable, leave them aside for a few days (a cellar is cool - just try to remember when everything was bought) or sanitize them immediately.

There is a delicate balance to find between paranoia and carelessness.

#4756 9 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

But see the bright side, now it's 100% safe

CC5B5535-90A5-4653-8DA1-BBBF792EC8CB (resized).jpeg
#4758 9 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm looking, not sure which one it is.[quoted image]

You're in the wrong thread!! This is the TDS thread!

#4759 9 months ago

I officially know someone with the virus. Owner of the company I worked at for 20 years has in, in ICU and on a ventilator.

I figured it’d make its way around to someone I knew eventually, and I suspect it will get much more personal down the road.

#4760 9 months ago

So if we are fed quarantine states, how are they going to determine who gets closed and who doesn’t? New York is out of control sure, but I suspect they are just 10 days early compared to many many regions. We are past the point of containment.

Mardi Gras was a complete and idiotic fiasco. Louisiana is just now starting to reap what they sow. more cases, more growth than CT.

77F6CC69-FA54-4F89-8652-F4EBE6128B0F.jpeg
#4761 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So if we are fed quarantine states, how are they going to determine who gets closed and who doesn’t? New York is out of control sure, but I suspect they are just 10 days early compared to many many regions. We are past the point of containment.
Mardi Gras was a complete and idiotic fiasco. Louisiana is just now starting to reap what they sow. more cases, more growth than CT.[quoted image]

Florida has set up check points on I-10, people coming in from Louisiana have to quarantine 14 days. This is going to be done on a state level just like the shut downs.

#4762 9 months ago

My main point is more along the lines of stop trying to divide the states up into little nations and instead have a unified national response. Also no criteria has been given for how does a state become a good little boy and get off the shit list. Or a naughty little boy and get on the shit list.

Us vs. Them isn’t gonna solve anything.

Also we are way past regional or state or county quarantine. Maybe a month ago but now? Can’t put the genie back in the bottle.

Those spring breakers and Mardi Gras partiers weren’t just from Florida and Louisiana. Those are national vectors that will lead to national spread.

#4763 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I should have posted the linear curve. It's already scary.

The one that’s almost a straight vertical line?

#4764 9 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

Mmmm... Pepperoni![quoted image]

Note to self...never order a pepperoni pizza while in Nevada.

#4765 9 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

There ya go![quoted image]

I take that back...don’t order any pizza while in Nevada.

#4766 9 months ago

Sorry for the ranting but I am just extremely frustrated with the lack of consistency STILL going on. There is no national vision, many states still have no state vision, my wife’s hospital network is still sorting out its vision (workflow, etc).

We have had months to brace for impact and we as a whole are still dithering.

What is the point of a national medical stockpile if we don’t release it and release it with a fury when needed? They are still holding back 25-50% of masks and gowns while healthcare workers are wearing trash bags. Literal trash bags. Empty out the god damn reserves.

Very very frustrating.

#4767 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Anyone know why Connecticut was hit with the threat of a federal quarantine? Doesn’t seem like much is going on there number wise compared to other states that would warrant a fed lockdown.

The threat of federal quarantine yesterday was absolutely ridiculous bc all three states are already on “essential workers only” lockdown. Anything stricter is pretty much unenforceable anyway—where I live, I can get up into Massachusetts from about 10-15 roads without breaking a sweat. There’s no way they can deploy enough LEO to shut down all of those roads. Not to mention blaming the spread on NYC when FL kept beaches open and NOLA had Mardi Gras. We live in a global world and the virus has had free range for at least 2 months now, so even if it originally was all NYC’s fault, it’s too late to isolate it here in this region. The biggest proof that it was ridiculous? They walked back the statement a few hours later and said “continue to follow the instructions of the governors”. I’m 2+ hours out of NYC, and while there are some idiots around (including some I’m related to, facepalm), the vast majority of folks are treating this very seriously and taking all of the recommended precautions.

As for why CT was included, the bulk of our cases are currently down in Fairfield county (ie NYC commuting region), where it’s getting as bad as NYC. Up here in Hartford county, we still are relatively light, though it’s definitely growing day by day.

A crazy fact from the local press conferences yesterday: Metro North Railroad (ie biggest commuter railroad) ridership is down 95%. You just have to look at that number to understand that people here are NOT carrying on like business as usual! I don’t think it’s possible to get lower than that, given the healthcare and other critical service workers that have to commute in daily!

#4768 9 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Same problem may apply for anything delivered at your home. Processed food or not. Once you accept delivery, remove the external wrapping and throw it away immediately. Then wash your hands extensively and and clean your door knobs... If the goods are not perishable, leave them aside for a few days (a cellar is cool - just try to remember when everything was bought) or sanitize them immediately.
There is a delicate balance to find between paranoia and carelessness.

My wife has been wiping everything for years but now when I get groceries we put them all in a room and fill the sink with bleach and rags. We wipe everything down and let dry. Also wipe down the car, throw out any produce bags, not needed packaging, etc. Takes a extra 10 minutes but not like we're in a rush to go anywhere.

#4769 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My main point is more along the lines of stop trying to divide the states up into little nations and instead have a unified national response. Also no criteria has been given for how does a state become a good little boy and get off the shit list. Or a naughty little boy and get on the shit list.
Also we are way past regional or state or county quarantine. Maybe a month ago but now? Can’t put the genie back in the bottle.
Those spring breakers and Mardi Gras partiers weren’t just from Florida and Louisiana. Those are national vectors that will lead to national spread.

The good thing up here is that the governors are working to coordinate their responses. There are still some minor variances—RI hunting down NYS license plates on Friday springs to mind—but they are trying hard to all stay on the same level of shutdown so that there’s no incentive to cross state lines. Except for the part where MA has legalized pot and CT hasn’t.

#4770 9 months ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

The good thing up here is that the governors are working to coordinate their responses. There are still some minor variances—RI hunting down NYS license plates on Friday springs to mind—but they are trying hard to all stay on the same level of shutdown so that there’s no incentive to cross state lines. Except for the part where MA has legalized pot and CT hasn’t.

Isn’t NY threatening to sue RI? Doesn’t seem to coordinated to me.

#4771 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Isn’t NY threatening to sue RI? Doesn’t seem to coordinated to me.

That situation is one of the exceptions and there are a few others, but overall they’ve aligned on when to go on shutdown, how to define “essential”, etc. As for the RI situation itself, all of the states involved had agreed to request a 14 day self-quarantine if you cross state lines. The part where RI varied is that they decided to go around specifically looking for NYC plates.

#4772 9 months ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

That situation is one of the exceptions and there are a few others, but overall they’ve aligned on when to go on shutdown, how to define “essential”, etc. As for the RI situation itself, all of the states involved had agreed to request a 14 day self-quarantine if you cross state lines. The part where RI varied is that they decided to go around specifically looking for NYC plates.

That’s good, when you start talking federal quarantines it gets a little dicey legally. That’s why it’s been left to the states to decide. I’m guessing that if it was to be done on the federal level it would have to be a total shut down of all states.

#4773 9 months ago

Looks like the combo of hydroxychloroquine and zinc showing excellent results in NY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=120&v=hPPkhmPOwi0&feature=emb_logo

#4774 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The strategy from the top treats this as a messaging program, trying to “win” each news cycle. The avalanche of blame NYC is ludicrous. They are a hot spot NOW(they have also tested the most by far). There are plenty of places that will get there, and they are not just in “blue” states. People need to get their heads around this and be real. Stop following his eminence’s messaging. Look at what’s actually happening, there’s a huge disconnect.

Now we’ll get people arguing that population density is the problem while their local, rural community hospital gets slammed in a week or so. Christ.

#4775 9 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looks like the combo of hydroxychloroquine and zinc showing excellent results in NY.

Do you have a non-hannity video source? That’s great IF true. Fauci said just yesterday that this was still anecdotal.

#4776 9 months ago

Just when I was thinking aloud that there’s good political free discussions going on here, in comes Wickerman2

#4777 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

good political free discussions

Ha! Just putting a critical eye to it. I believe the lead healthcare guy for the gov. not a guest on Hannity! Sorry if that’s too political. I’m more of a don’t trust and definitely verify type person.

#4778 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do you have a non-hannity video source? That’s great IF true. Fauci said just yesterday that this was still anecdotal.

No, unfortunately I don't. Nor could I find any which I find very odd. One refreshing thing about the report was the absence of politics.

350 cases cured.

The one MD from Tx specializes in vaccines and I noticed he's been on TV fairly often. The other MD I hadn't seen.

#4779 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Ha! Just putting a critical eye to it. I believe the lead healthcare guy for the gov. not a guest on Hannity! Sorry if that’s too political. I’m more of a don’t trust and definitely verify type person.

Always go with a professional voice over a talking head, which ever side of the political fence you’re on.

#4780 9 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

No, unfortunately I don't. Nor could I find any which I find very odd.
The one MD from Tx specializes in vaccines and I noticed he's been on TV fairly often. The other MD I hadn't seen.

In the CT press conference yesterday, they said they were part of some trials for that treatment, but that they would let the doctors have space to try any treatments they thought might be effective rather than clamoring for one specific one that was still being assessed. I thought that was a good response.

#4781 9 months ago

Crofton Maryland Report 3/29.

Still at 40hrs/week of work (Federal Contracting), although with personnel split up between different sites now and I have a weird schedule. Kids are going stir crazy. I am the only one in my household to have left the neighborhood since 3/18. Grocery stores have caught up on bottled water, but store shelves are still slowly emptying. About 50% of the different cereal is in stock. Plenty of food, but store stockers are working around the clock. The neighborhood kids are no longer congregating and no one is on the playground in the school behind my house.

Work is now no longer allowing people into the building that have been to certain areas hit hard by the Chinese Virus including New York and New Orleans.

Fish tank has never been this clean, and I just found out the UV sensor on my S10 makes the aquarium... pop.

Kids have been playing more pinball, with Jurassic Park being far and away the winner.

I sold/traded my Rick and Morty spot as I'm not sure when it would actually get delivered now.

Next acquisition is going to be a TSPP if one pops up local.

As far as when everything will get better. I think things will get worse first. I want to know if areas like New York that are getting hit hard first will be passing those ventilators along to other hard hit areas that go through the process later after New York is on the down-swing. I don't see a vaccine really helping us with this within a year, but if they could test for the anti-bodies, I could see people who have weathered the virus donating plasma to help those hardest hit. Some good news like that, even if it only cut down on deaths 10%, would be welcome news.

Markets are going to be a bloodbath next week. The kids college funds are back in (took out at DOW 21k, put back in at 20K... not many moves I can make with those). My IRA gambling funds are in Cracker Barrel and Red Robbin. They will bleed short term, but do well over a years time. I did a quick 2 day move in Six Flags that played well ~30%, but wouldn't touch it again. I took my 401k out at about Dow 21k, and will able to throw it back in as early as Wednesday (2 moves per calendar month). I expect the DOW to be back under 20k by then. I may sit it out a bit longer though. My 401k lost 30% before I took it out, and if it dives lower I can be back in at roughly where I was.

Hope everyone stays safe!

20200329_094256 (resized).jpg
#4782 9 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Abstract:

The only takeout we've done in the past 2-3 weeks is Papa Murphy's take and bake two weeks ago. Baked it at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Based on what we know, this should be enough to kill of any germs, right?

#4783 9 months ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I think Cuomo is being an a-hole threatening to sue RI for wanting to protect its state and citizens. So his attitude is my state has a right to flee and overcrowd yours and if you do anything to try to have my people quarantine, I'm going to sue you?

Whether he is within his legal right to do so, I'm of the opinion it is a bad look for him and the state. Strikes me as a bully trying to bully someone smaller that is trying to protect itself.

#4784 9 months ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I’m 43, wife is 45, kid 11.
Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it had gone through a war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was loosening up.
Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue waves lasted for about 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was spitting out clear phlegm.
Day 6-7: Worried I was beginning to relapse. Lungs felt like sandpaper, pressure was returning slightly and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with my parents one day to give them an update on how we were doing and let them chat with their grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.
Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did there was this weird additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.
Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.
It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine. Right away I suspected we had COVID19 so warned everyone I had been in contact with and the family immediately went into quarantine before we were even tested. Someone tested positive in our building the week before and I use the same elevator.
Pro tip: Get a pen with a cap to travel around with. Take the cap off to push buttons and put it back on when you’re done.

Wow, glad you guys made it through it without needing hospitalization. Did you have any conditions like hypertension, asthma, etc? It sounds like men generally are getting hit harder by this which seems to mirror your experience.

Scary stuff. I'm curious, now that you've all had it, do you feel relieved? It would be nice if we knew that having had it provided 100% immunity so you could just go about life not worrying about it anymore.

#4785 9 months ago

"Unlike in the US, France and Italy do not count deaths that take place at home or in nursing homes among their virus numbers - even though nursing homes are known coronavirus incubators around the world."

#4786 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It would be nice if we knew that having had it provided 100% immunity so you could just go about life not worrying about it anymore.

Based on interviews with Docs on this, the immunity thing is up in the air. Sounds like your immunity is based on the viral load you had. Even with a high amount you aren't forever immune--at most a year or two is their best guess. If you had a mild case, it may be only immunity for a few months and they aren't even positive on that!

So, if you've had it I wouldn't assume 100% anything...there were even anecdotal reports of reinfection. I would still avoid exposure even after having it.

#4787 9 months ago
Quoted from RGR:

"Unlike in the US, France and Italy do not count deaths that take place at home or in nursing homes among their virus numbers - even though nursing homes are known coronavirus incubators around the world."

do they have any idea how many people are dying at in their homes or care homes?..any ideas on this number out of NY?

#4788 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Strikes me as a bully trying to bully someone smaller that is trying to protect itself.

I didn’t like it either BUT he was forced to play the bullying card because of the bully in chief. Shit runs downhill.

#4789 9 months ago

Dreamed about a Therapy, would like to document it here first. Not recommending a medical procedure, just feel the idea may have
some credence.
Intubation with miniature UV Lights. If UV kills the virus on surfaces why could the light not be introduced deep into the trachea to
kill the clinging virus on the lungs?

#4790 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, glad you guys made it through it without needing hospitalization. Did you have any conditions like hypertension, asthma, etc? It sounds like men generally are getting hit harder by this which seems to mirror your experience.
Scary stuff. I'm curious, now that you've all had it, do you feel relieved? It would be nice if we knew that having had it provided 100% immunity so you could just go about life not worrying about it anymore.

I take medication for my blood pressure so hypertension was a risk factor for me.

Sounds like the body builds up enough antibodies for at least some sort of temporary immunity. Hopefully it’ll last until we have a vaccine. Lungs feel a bit compromised now so at least knowing that it wasn’t a typical respiratory virus and not having to worry about a one two punch with COVID19 is a huge relief.

#4791 9 months ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I didn’t like it either BUT he was forced to play the bullying card because of the bully in chief. Shit runs downhill.

I'm not sure how threatening smaller neighboring states to allow people fleeing his state and potentially spreading the virus fits that narrative.

Either way, since when do two wrongs make a right? I maintain Cuomo is being an a-hole (and don't disagree that Trump is as well but it doesn't make Cuomo's attitude and actions okay).

#4792 9 months ago

In normal times hot dog math is hard with 6 hot dogs in a package and 8 rolls in a package.
Now it’s even tougher with Candid Camera moments like this.
63A1985D-02A2-44FB-A99E-3B330E680271 (resized).jpeg

#4793 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Just when I was thinking aloud that there’s good political free discussions going on here, in comes Wickerman2

Hannity is an entertainment & opinion show, we shouldn't be using it in this thread regardless of politics. It's just like The View.

#4794 9 months ago

Did you forget to use this?

#4795 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Based on interviews with Docs on this, the immunity thing is up in the air. Sounds like your immunity is based on the viral load you had. Even with a high amount you aren't forever immune--at most a year or two is their best guess. If you had a mild case, it may be only immunity for a few months and they aren't even positive on that!
So, if you've had it I wouldn't assume 100% anything...there were even anecdotal reports of reinfection. I would still avoid exposure even after having it.

I've been reading the stories about some reinfections in China and Japan. This virus is bad. I hope vaccines show to be effective. Sounds like we'll need both vaccines and effective treatments to battle this thing long term.

#4796 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Hannity is an entertainment & opinion show, we shouldn't be using it in this thread regardless of politics. It's just like The View.

I agree, and have never said differently

#4797 9 months ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I’m 43, wife is 45, kid 11.
Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it had gone through a war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was loosening up.
Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue waves lasted for about 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was spitting out clear phlegm.
Day 6-7: Worried I was beginning to relapse. Lungs felt like sandpaper, pressure was returning slightly and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with my parents one day to give them an update on how we were doing and let them chat with their grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.
Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did there was this weird additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.
Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.
It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine. Right away I suspected we had COVID19 so warned everyone I had been in contact with and the family immediately went into quarantine before we were even tested. Someone tested positive in our building the week before and I use the same elevator.
Pro tip: Get a pen with a cap to travel around with. Take the cap off to push buttons and put it back on when you’re done.

This could be an exact description of what me and mine suffered back in mid-November. I will always be convinced it was around then in the US and we got it.

#4798 9 months ago

So, apparently the US gov't and a small Japanese specialty firm were on track to preemptively fix the ventilator shortage, maybe even worldwide, *years ago*... Til good ol' American capitalism swooped in and fucked it all up for everyone:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiELiDTG9L_Tvx-1yjkNJ8FjwqFwgEKg8IACoHCAowjuuKAzCWrzwwt4QY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

I don't care which political letter or color you are... Profits above health is literally against our own interests.

#4799 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The avalanche of blame NYC is ludicrous. They are a hot spot NOW(they have also tested the most by far). There are plenty of places that will get there, and they are not just in “blue” states.

“Every metro area should assume that they will have an outbreak equivalent to New York,” said Dr. Deborah Birx.

#4800 9 months ago

When this is all over...I think every single person here and anywhere will know someone who died from this. I am praying science can save us....that treatments and a vaccine are found sooner rather than later. Stay safe people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
€ 18.95
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 4.00
Electronics
Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 337.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 21395 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 428.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside