272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 576.
#4701 4 years ago

Not so cute..

vbat (resized).pngvbat (resized).png
#4702 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4704 4 years ago

Kind of hot...

f813dddc99e44769971137e1c3125fd6 (resized).jpgf813dddc99e44769971137e1c3125fd6 (resized).jpg
#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Dougherty County. They have 10% of the confirmed cases in GA and probably 0.000001% of the hospital resources. It is serious.

My understanding is they stockpiled 6 months of PPE and burned through it in a week or so.

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

3/28/2020
Another big day here in the USA. NY has to be close to tipping point.[quoted image]

It seems Ohio's early jump on locking things down has done some good. Ranked 7th in population (and not the most spread out of states) yet it's not in the top 12 cases reported. Of course this may be due to testing numbers, but I do know Ohio was one of the first to go into lockdown and then others shortly followed.

#4710 4 years ago

We have bats flying around in the back yard quite often. They do flybys on the lights grabbing moths and other insects.
I find them highly entertaining and enjoy watching them.
It’s really cool during the summer here.
If we turn the pool light on at night it will attract some moths and the bats will scoop them up out of the water.

#4711 4 years ago

Anyone know why Connecticut was hit with the threat of a federal quarantine? Doesn’t seem like much is going on there number wise compared to other states that would warrant a fed lockdown.

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

We have bats flying around in the back yard quite often. They do flybys on the lights grabbing moths and other insects.
I find them highly entertaining and enjoy watching them.
It’s really cool during the summer here.
If we turn the pool light on at night it will attract some moths and the bats will scoop them up out of the water.

1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats that roost under the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge in Austin, Texas comprise the largest urban bat colony in the world.

Screenshot_20200328-233221~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200328-233221~2 (resized).png
#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Anyone know why Connecticut was hit with the threat of a federal quarantine? Doesn’t seem like much is going on there number wise compared to other states that would warrant a fed lockdown.

Blue.

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

They may be trying to get ahead of everyone evacuating New York.

#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Most likely to do with NYC's high infection rate, and the amount of people that commute into the city from Connecticut for work. We are finding out that this thing has some staying power, and people that have not been in the city for days may be infecting other communities.

#4716 4 years ago

It’s a freaking puppy with wings! I want 10

#4717 4 years ago

fuck those ugly rabid bats!..i got bit up by one 10 years ago in mchenry county..flew out the bottom of a rotting tree in my yard while i was running a weed eater..freaked me out.not much left of it after i beat it to death with the weed eater..saw so many in china they blocked out the sun..hate those fuckin things

#4718 4 years ago

With regard to the airline bailout, I find this interesting.

Airlines have cut back on the number of flights because of weekend demand. But read where some of the flight are only 20-30% full. That 's waste of fuel. I mean it is what it is but gas is being wasted.

The bailout package is this:

"The Senate's bailout package, which deals with the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus, will give airlines $25 billion in direct grants as long as they agree not to place any employees on involuntary furloughs or discontinue service at any airports they now serve until at least the end of September. Another $25 billion is available for loan guarantees."

I can see where the airlines need to keep paying their employees. No problem with that. But the (if this article is correct) requirement that they cannot discontinue any future service at any airports they currently serve. I understand this; Herculean efforts are being applied to keep the lines of transportation open. But if demand were to fall further, there is the possibility of a lot of empty airplanes flying around wasting gas on my taxpaying dime.

IMO, we will be seeing many strange things going on with so much government money floating around. Accountability will be lacking.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/business/airlines-bailout-outlook-coronavirus/index.html

#4719 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200329-003558 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-003558 (resized).png
#4720 4 years ago

I have a feeling that those charts are going to get so scary eventually that people arent going to want to look at them.

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that those charts are going to get so scary eventually that people arent going to want to look at them.

I should have posted the linear curve. It's already scary.

#4722 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I heard on the radio that they are expecting the hospitals to start getting overrun in Ohio in about two weeks and they dont expect it to level off until mid may. There is something that they aren't telling us about this. I am confident of that.

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Daditude:

Ok....here it is.

Screenshot_20200329-004350 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200329-004350 (resized).png
#4724 4 years ago

So 10K people have died in less than ten days? Not good!

#4725 4 years ago

I've come to the conclusion that after what transpired today, this whole thing is never going to resolve itself without a full shutdown. Both the federal government and NY both really screwed up in my opinion (with New York having more cases than the other 49 states combined earlier this week and the Federal government being uber slow and kind of just awful on getting things going). I know people are applauding the NY Gov and he's done good with handling the outbreak now but frankly he was asleep at the wheel prior by not shutting things down earlier. FINALLY today, I thought the Federal Government was making the right move by sectioning off those states to protect everyone else...and then NY says absolutely not. Right now NY is like that cruise ship from Japan that nobody wanted to take, it's a mess. And the governors of those heavily affected states should realize by letting everyone out of their state, they're going to cost that many more lives as a result. Do what's good for the country, don't just piss over the idea because you're in different political parties.

It's frustrating to watch from the midwest. At the very least, everyone leaving New York should be tested. Stop putting states like Rhode Island in these awkward positions when all they're trying to do is protect their citizens. Take some responsibility NY. Threatening to sue RI is just plain crap.

#4726 4 years ago

The acclaimed Italian novelist Francesca Melandri, who has been under lockdown in Rome for almost three weeks due to the Covid-19 outbreak, has written a letter to fellow Europeans “from your future”, laying out the range of emotions people are likely to go through over the coming weeks.

I am writing to you from Italy, which means I am writing from your future. We are now where you will be in a few days. The epidemic’s charts show us all entwined in a parallel dance.

We are but a few steps ahead of you in the path of time, just like Wuhan was a few weeks ahead of us. We watch you as you behave just as we did. You hold the same arguments we did until a short time ago, between those who still say “it’s only a flu, why all the fuss?” and those who have already understood.

As we watch you from here, from your future, we know that many of you, as you were told to lock yourselves up into your homes, quoted Orwell, some even Hobbes. But soon you’ll be too busy for that.

First of all, you’ll eat. Not just because it will be one of the few last things that you can still do.

You’ll find dozens of social networking groups with tutorials on how to spend your free time in fruitful ways. You will join them all, then ignore them completely after a few days.

You’ll pull apocalyptic literature out of your bookshelves, but will soon find you don’t really feel like reading any of it.

You’ll eat again. You will not sleep well. You will ask yourselves what is happening to democracy.

You’ll have an unstoppable online social life – on Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom…

You will miss your adult children like you never have before; the realisation that you have no idea when you will ever see them again will hit you like a punch in the chest.

Old resentments and falling-outs will seem irrelevant. You will call people you had sworn never to talk to ever again, so as to ask them: “How are you doing?” Many women will be beaten in their homes.

You will wonder what is happening to all those who can’t stay home because they don’t have one. You will feel vulnerable when going out shopping in the deserted streets, especially if you are a woman. You will ask yourselves if this is how societies collapse. Does it really happen so fast? You’ll block out these thoughts and when you get back home you’ll eat again.

You will put on weight. You’ll look for online fitness training.

You’ll laugh. You’ll laugh a lot. You’ll flaunt a gallows humour you never had before. Even people who’ve always taken everything dead seriously will contemplate the absurdity of life, of the universe and of it all.

You will make appointments in the supermarket queues with your friends and lovers, so as to briefly see them in person, all the while abiding by the social distancing rules.

You will count all the things you do not need.

The true nature of the people around you will be revealed with total clarity. You will have confirmations and surprises.

Literati who had been omnipresent in the news will disappear, their opinions suddenly irrelevant; some will take refuge in rationalisations which will be so totally lacking in empathy that people will stop listening to them. People whom you had overlooked, instead, will turn out to be reassuring, generous, reliable, pragmatic and clairvoyant.

Those who invite you to see all this mess as an opportunity for planetary renewal will help you to put things in a larger perspective. You will also find them terribly annoying: nice, the planet is breathing better because of the halved CO2 emissions, but how will you pay your bills next month?

You will not understand if witnessing the birth of a new world is more a grandiose or a miserable affair.

You will play music from your windows and lawns. When you saw us singing opera from our balconies, you thought “ah, those Italians”. But we know you will sing uplifting songs to each other too. And when you blast I Will Survive from your windows, we’ll watch you and nod just like the people of Wuhan, who sung from their windows in February, nodded while watching us.

Many of you will fall asleep vowing that the very first thing you’ll do as soon as lockdown is over is file for divorce.

Many children will be conceived.

Your children will be schooled online. They’ll be horrible nuisances; they’ll give you joy.

Elderly people will disobey you like rowdy teenagers: you’ll have to fight with them in order to forbid them from going out, to get infected and die.

You will try not to think about the lonely deaths inside the ICU.

You’ll want to cover with rose petals all medical workers’ steps.

You will be told that society is united in a communal effort, that you are all in the same boat. It will be true. This experience will change for good how you perceive yourself as an individual part of a larger whole.

Class, however, will make all the difference. Being locked up in a house with a pretty garden or in an overcrowded housing project will not be the same. Nor is being able to keep on working from home or seeing your job disappear. That boat in which you’ll be sailing in order to defeat the epidemic will not look the same to everyone nor is it actually the same for everyone: it never was.

At some point, you will realise it’s tough. You will be afraid. You will share your fear with your dear ones, or you will keep it to yourselves so as not to burden them with it too.

You will eat again.

We’re in Italy, and this is what we know about your future. But it’s just small-scale fortune-telling. We are very low-key seers.

If we turn our gaze to the more distant future, the future which is unknown both to you and to us too, we can only tell you this: when all of this is over, the world won’t be the same.

#4727 4 years ago

We need to see the new case trendlines going horizontal within about 9 more days and hold... and hopefully decline.

Otherwise, we got... problems.

Big problems.

If this gets too far out of control, we could very well see American deaths in the tens of millions. Not necessarily only due to COVID-19, but also the splash effect of having no hospitals for anything else available.

Whatever you do, stay healthy and don't risk injury right now. We are on thin ice.

Mexico, India, and Pakistan are in denial. Expect them to get hit hard. Texas may also become a flashpoint... they aren't taking this seriously.

#4728 4 years ago

Looks like it wouldn’t have matter if TPF was cancelled or not we would have been out. Family just tested positive for COVID19 after being sick for a week. We’re over and done with it, no one was hospitalized thank god. Luckily the kid had it the easiest, just shit her pants one day and was done with it.

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I've come to the conclusion that after what transpired today, this whole thing is never going to resolve itself without a full shutdown. Both the federal government and NY both really screwed up in my opinion (with New York having more cases than the other 49 states combined earlier this week and the Federal government being uber slow and kind of just awful on getting things going). I know people are applauding the NY Gov and he's done good with handling the outbreak now but frankly he was asleep at the wheel prior by not shutting things down earlier. FINALLY today, I thought the Federal Government was making the right move by sectioning off those states to protect everyone else...and then NY says absolutely not. Right now NY is like that cruise ship from Japan that nobody wanted to take, it's a mess. And the governors of those heavily affected states should realize by letting everyone out of their state, they're going to cost that many more lives as a result. Do what's good for the country, don't just piss over the idea because you're in different political parties.
It's frustrating to watch from the midwest. At the very least, everyone leaving New York should be tested. Stop putting states like Rhode Island in these awkward positions when all they're trying to do is protect their citizens. Take some responsibility NY. Threatening to sue RI is just plain crap.

My sentiments exactly. Cuomo was slow to react along with Trump and the feds. Trump is making the painful, correct call finally to quarantine that area (albeit 1-2 weeks late) and Cuomo blows a gasket.

I feel for NYC and their predicament but it isn’t right for New Yorkers to flee to other areas and states, spreading the virus to those communities and overloading their hospitals. Hospitals in surrounding communities and states don’t have the beds or capacity to handle thousands from states and communities outside their own. They are set up for the population numbers and taxpayers of the areas they serve.

I’m sure the New Yorkers and a few others will blast me for saying this but without a quarantine, it almost ensures communities and states across the entire eastern seaboard will be devastated by the epidemic as well.

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Looks like it wouldn’t have matter if TPF was cancelled or not we would have been out. Family just tested positive for COVID19 after being sick for a week. We’re over and done with it, no one was hospitalized thank god. Luckily the kid had it the easiest, just shit her pants one day and was done with it.

Wow, glad you guys are all feeling better. Do you mind me asking how old all of you are and what symptoms you experienced through the past week or so while you were sick? Did you all pretty much assume you had it or was there still a question if you had the flu or something else?

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

without a quarantine, it almost ensures communities and states across the entire eastern seaboard will be devastated by the epidemic as wel

So true

#4732 4 years ago

Things could get quite chaotic in the coming days. Rhode Island is already instructing police to stop cars with New York plates and instruct them that they will be required to quarantine for 14 days.

Are other states going to follow their lead or take the next step and put the national guard at their border? This isn’t over as Trump is undoubtedly getting a ton of pressure from governors of other states around the NE to lock down the NYC area.

#4733 4 years ago

You can only go so hungry for so long.

DSCN6737 (resized).JPGDSCN6737 (resized).JPG
#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can only go so hungry for so long.[quoted image]

Looks good odin!

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, glad you guys are all feeling better. Do you mind me asking how old all of you are and what symptoms you experienced through the past week or so while you were sick? Did you all pretty much assume you had it or was there still a question if you had the flu or something else?

I’m 43, wife is 45, kid 11.

Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it had gone through a war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was loosening up.

Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue waves lasted for about 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was spitting out clear phlegm.

Day 6-7: Worried I was beginning to relapse. Lungs felt like sandpaper, pressure was returning slightly and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with my parents one day to give them an update on how we were doing and let them chat with their grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.

Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did there was this weird additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.

Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.

It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine. Right away I suspected we had COVID19 so warned everyone I had been in contact with and the family immediately went into quarantine before we were even tested. Someone tested positive in our building the week before and I use the same elevator.

Pro tip: Get a pen with a cap to travel around with. Take the cap off to push buttons and put it back on when you’re done.

#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I’m 43, wife is 45, kids 11.
Day 1: Started with a small cough that I thought was just from the allergies that usually hit me this time a year. Left for work one morning feeling fine then around 3 started to get lightheaded and dizzy after having long conversations. Rushed home and within four hours was in bed with phenomena like symptoms. Lots of growing pressure in the lungs, trouble getting enough oxygen when I breathed, fever, dizzy. Next morning my body felt like it went through war, coughing up a storm and just felt really weak. Slowly improved that day. Lungs still had lots of pressure, coughing a shit load but nothing was losing up.
Day 2-5: Over the next few days the pressure in the lungs started to dissipate and I started to feel better but still would have waves of fatigue. One day it got so bad I had to lie down after pouring myself a bowl of cereal. The fatigue lasted would come and go in waves for 3 days and my cough started to shift from dry to wet. Finally whatever was in my lungs was starting to loosen up and I was starting to spit out clear phlegm.
Day 6-7: Worried I was starting to relapse a bit. Lungs felt like sandpaper and the fatigue was so bad I was couch locked for the majority of it. FaceTimed with The parents on one of those days so they could talk grandkid and it just exhausted me from just talking.
Day 8: Energy returned but my lungs felt destroyed. Hurt to take deep breaths and when I did breath deep there was an additional breath noise. Luckily that progressively improved over the last week and I’m almost back to 100%.
Wife also had the fatigue and fever but luckily no lung, just GI issue. Strangely I only had hot flashes, no sustained high fever, just small spikes that only lasted a few mins.
It was the weirdest sickness I’ve ever experienced. Usually I feel it in my sinuses with a cold or sick to my stomach with a flu. This just felt like something was attacking my lungs, everything else felt fine.

Glad you and your family are ok. Sounds like you were borderline needing to be hospitalized.

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks good odin!

As my long deceased grandfather who I still respect very much used to say.. mighty fine.

#4738 4 years ago

Cuomo is having eight temporary hospitals built in New York. Expects peak surge to hit within three weeks (around April 17th, give or take). This will triple the available number of hospital beds to about 150,000. Still won't be enough, but close, IF the peak estimate holds. Could be a million cases by then... holy shit.

A bit of good news: Cases are doubling every four days instead of every three days. Social distancing is believed to be the primary helpful factor here. Hopefully the doubling will continue to slow down.

#4739 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can only go so hungry for so long.[quoted image]

Mmmm... Pepperoni!

F729E74E-F008-4F6C-B806-24DE4007F3BB (resized).jpegF729E74E-F008-4F6C-B806-24DE4007F3BB (resized).jpeg
#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As my long deceased grandfather who I still respect very much used to say.. mighty fine.

Pizza is like sex odin. Even when it's bad it's still good.

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Glad you and your family are ok. Sounds like you were borderline needing to be hospitalized.

The scary thing is when I originally called to get tested they told me to stay away. The nurse on the phone said if I can finish a sentence I’m not high priority right now and to only rush myself to the ER if I’m out of breath while just sitting down. Hospitals are so slammed here in Washington they seem to be only focusing on the really sick and high risk.

#4742 4 years ago

That don't look like pereroni

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That don't look like oepreroni

What is an oeperoni?
Must be one of those fancy California toppings

#4744 4 years ago

Only because we are waigng for the sexy bug shti to happen,

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That don't look like pereroni

Quoted from o-din:

Only because we are waigng for the sexy bug shti to happen,

Are you drunk? Lol

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Are you drunk? Lol

Why not.

#4747 4 years ago

He’s not as think as you drunk he is.

#4748 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with that. The question is...what are you drinking?

Also, do you think it protects you from covid-19?

#4749 4 years ago

If you are not drunk, you are seriously missing all the opportunities investing in pinball futures.

#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you are not drunk, you are seriously missing all the opportunities investing in pinball futures.

I haven't been drinking for over 5 months now. I had an unpleasant doctor visit, and it started a health change for me. Bad news is no alcohol. Good news is I've lost 76 pounds.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.