272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 576.
#4651 4 years ago

Damn.

Screenshot_20200328-211557~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200328-211557~2 (resized).png
#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems like a lot of people are reaching the “cranky” stage of the pandemic...at least in this thread.

I agree, I even posted a picture of kittens and didn't get a single up vote. The crankiness runs strong in this thread.

#4653 4 years ago

My heart goes out to NYC and all the other hard hit areas. Whenever this is over do you think people will reconsider living in such a high population density area?

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ok guys, too much political BS and not enough coronavirus talk.
I'm out.

Yep, all the political BS and "moderation for criticizing pinside staff" has me moving on too.

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

My heart goes out to NYC and all the other hard hit areas. Whenever this is over do you think people will reconsider living in such a high population density area?

Do people still live on sides of volcanoes??

#4656 4 years ago

I just watched the Tiger King in it’s entirety, did I miss anything here?

#4657 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

reconsider living in such a high population density area?

Just read a story in a rural Georgia hospital that had stockpiled for covid and they blew through all of it in a week. Population density or not it’s slamming healthcare.

#4658 4 years ago

I googled “horseshoe bat” and stumbled on a Wired article that predicted this back in 2013.

https://www.wired.com/2013/10/bats-next-sars-pandemic/

“Bats are still hunted and eaten in large numbers in China, he notes with concern. "I think people should stop hunting bats and stop eating bats."

#4659 4 years ago

Random thoughts:

I wish the big three news networks would provide more facts and education than opinions and party spin.

This thread is going to end up being the same four or five guys bickering about said opinions and party spin.

I don’t see a “flattened curve” anywhere yet....

#4660 4 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

“Let them eat cake” code has just been updated to “Let them vent while their lungs still can”
Only took 400 years.

Ok. That’s comedy gold right there.

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

3 taps for Ohio!
Governor DeWine Announces Closure of ALL Alcohol Sales in Ohio
Time to flee that state also.

That will cause problems....

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

No doubt. How dumb

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No doubt. How dumb

If they do that here in Texas, all hell will break loose. I'm not even joking...Texans will flip out.

I'm glad I stopped drinking.

#4664 4 years ago

3/28/2020
Another big day here in the USA. NY has to be close to tipping point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If they do that here in Texas, all hell will break loose. I'm not even joking...Texans will flip out.
I'm glad I stopped drinking.

I'm not sure what the point of it is?

#4666 4 years ago

Do you guys not have a read first policy?

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No doubt. How dumb

They tried it in Denver earlier in the week, lasted a few hours until things started to get out of hand. Lines running down the block outside of every store with people trying to buy before the closures. The more you try to restrict things, the more people will panic, and it will lead to acts of vandalism too. It is in the public's best interest to keep these stores open.

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not sure what the point of it is?

Quoted from beergut666:

They tried it in Denver earlier in the week, lasted a few hours until things started to get out of hand. Lines running down the block outside of every store with people trying to buy before the closures. The more you try to restrict things, the more people will panic, and it will lead to acts of vandalism too. It is in the public's best interest to keep these stores open.

It seems like pick up or delivery would be good options. They already have both here, I'm not sure about Ohio.

I have a pretty well stocked bar, and with me not drinking, I guess I could have a burgeoning business opportunity?

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

You can still buy it at a store surely though cant you? I think he just shut the bars and restaurants down for dine in.

#4670 4 years ago

Glad there is no shortage of corona beer.

#4671 4 years ago

For those that were expecting another Comet update, I haven't touched it since the pop bumpers and now it is being loaded into my buddy's truck. We have passed that one back and forth like girls when we were in Jr. High. I don't need two of them.

Soon it will be a thin crust extra most bestest coming our way.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If you're dependent on alcohol, withdrawal can be terrifying and dangerous and life threatening. Alcohol dependency is not uncommon. Closing liquor stores seems shortsighted.

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No doubt. How dumb

Quoted from beergut666:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can still buy it at a store surely though cant you? I think he just shut the bars and restaurants down for dine in.

It looks like it was a prank. I thought it was a joke by arcademojo, but the statement was a joke all together (rick rolled!)

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If you're dependent on alcohol, withdrawal can be terrifying and dangerous and life threatening. Alcohol dependency is not uncommon. Closing liquor stores seems shortsighted.

Getting coronavirus and spreading it around is also terrifying and dangerous and life threatening.

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It looks like it was a prank. I thought it was a joke by arcademojo, but the statement was a joke all together (rick rolled!)

Yeah I got rick rolled! Thanks for deleting it for me.

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:It looks like it was a prank. I thought it was a joke by arcademojo, but the statement was a joke all together (rick rolled!)

What if I would have rioted and did something really crazy??

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I did specifically ask Daditude to delete the post before Who-Dey bum rushed the closes beer distro. LOL

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We would have offered you bail money in exchange for Pins.

#4679 4 years ago

So now youtube keeps recommending this "Wes" guy who teaches how to do hard time. In California somewhere.

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just read a story in a rural Georgia hospital that had stockpiled for covid and they blew through all of it in a week. Population density or not it’s slamming healthcare.

I would find a story about a rural area that didn't get slammed but the media usually doesn't bother with boring stuff like that. PPE is going to get used as a precaution even if they get a surge of people who think they have it but end up testing negative.

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So now youtube keeps recommending this "Wes" guy who teaches how to do hard time. In California somewhere.

Ha Ive watched a couple of that guys videos. Hes pretty intense.

#4682 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I did specifically ask Daditude to delete the post before Who-Dey bum rushed the closes beer distro. LOL

Just be glad you didn't say that happened in Indiana. Can you imagine what a guy like Gryszzz might have done? They would have came and arrested you for inciting a riot......or maybe rampage would be a better word!

#4683 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Ha Ive watched a couple of that guys videos. Hes pretty intense.

you aint kidding. I guess the algorithm decided I needed to see some real hard down time.

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I would find a story about a rural area that didn't get slammed but the media usually doesn't bother with boring stuff like that. PPE is going to get used as a precaution even if they get a surge of people who think they have it but end up testing negative.

My Dentist told me one time "Fear? Of me or drilling? I have patients that need a shot of novacaine just to drive by my office"

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

D45850F7-BF30-412D-B2EC-C0EA48EBBA05 (resized).jpegD45850F7-BF30-412D-B2EC-C0EA48EBBA05 (resized).jpeg
#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ok guys, too much political BS and not enough coronavirus talk.
I'm out.

I'm with you Doc, time to drain this thread. There are 8-10 people on here who absolutely can't help themselves but to bring politics into their posts over and over again so that they can signal their common hatred to each other.

#4687 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

PPE is going to get used as a precaution even if they get a surge of people who think they have it but end up testing negative.

This was specifically about hospitalizations...they had 1 ICU bed left...this was a couple days ago. Not a bunch of nervous nellies bum rushing them...sick people.

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

One of the reasons I’ve never wanted to live in a high density, heavily populated metro area if I’m honest... of course, if my state’s governor doesn’t pull his head out and issue a state in place/state at home order soon, were going to have problems here in 2-3 weeks as well.

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

This was specifically about hospitalizations...they had 1 ICU bed left...this was a couple days ago. Not a bunch of nervous nellies bum rushing them...sick people.

Dougherty County. They have 10% of the confirmed cases in GA and probably 0.000001% of the hospital resources. It is serious.

#4690 4 years ago

Nowhere near any big metro area, yet enough covid to overwhelm healthcare system...so this is not just a “big city” problem which seems to be today’s talking point:

93394BDA-ACE7-4D9F-BBB1-827ED0D7C9DE (resized).png93394BDA-ACE7-4D9F-BBB1-827ED0D7C9DE (resized).png
#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So today, we have a National Story of a Quarantine possible for the North East.
Maybe only 2 weeks.
So I can sleep better. Which Direction are we heading, from the top?
Are we United in Quarantining, and using methods seen in South Korea and Singapore,
or are we done, and its open season?
Zero Criticism here...Just looking for the same answer since January. It changes often,
and Im unsure.

Honestly, it depends on if the government wants to keep it from spreading to less infected areas or throughout the eastern seaboard and country. No one wants to hear it but that is how it has been contained in Asian countries that have had breakouts.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nowhere near any big metro area, yet enough covid to overwhelm healthcare system...so this is not just a “big city” problem which seems to be today’s talking point:[quoted image]

Chances that you will get it or spread it in a highly dense populated area are greater. Yes we all understand it can happen in rural areas under the right conditions, someone probably brought it in from traveling and was in a group setting before the precautions were put in place.

#4693 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200328-223819~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200328-223819~2 (resized).png
#4694 4 years ago

Very heartbreaking. 26 weeks pregnant and positive for COVID-19
https://www.facebook.com/unforgettable2K20/videos/1824549951015202/

#4695 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I googled “horseshoe bat” and stumbled on a Wired article that predicted this back in 2013.
https://www.wired.com/2013/10/bats-next-sars-pandemic/
“Bats are still hunted and eaten in large numbers in China, he notes with concern. "I think people should stop hunting bats and stop eating bats."

Bats are too cute to eat!

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Bats are too cute to eat!

Screenshot_20200328-224630~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200328-224630~2 (resized).png
#4697 4 years ago

That is not a bat, it is a flying fox.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Cuteness depends on species of bad. But ya. I respect the bats. They eat insects! Like Mosquitoes!

#4699 4 years ago

And he is cute

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/94?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.