272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 576.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and new season of Reno 911 in a few weeks too!

Wait...WHAT?!?!
Best news of the week! Holy shit I'm ecstatic!

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but do we KNOW he's a doctor?

I do, by the way he responds.

#353 4 years ago

Exempted Services

Businesses involved in construction and "essential infrastructure" such as plumbers, electricians, gas stations, auto repair shops and hardware stores also are exempt.

I guess auto repair is exempt, but gardening services are NOT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Enforcement

Misdemeanor penalties apply but the governor said he hopes law enforcement won't need to enforce the order and believes social pressure will encourage people to "do the right thing."

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yup, I’m out right now. Texting and driving as well not giving an F

Such the BAD BOY!
If I were a 13 yr old girl with a learning disability, I would think you are SO hot.

#355 4 years ago

OK, rant post from of an average grocery store associate.

First let me say yesterday was a calm peaceful day, no panic buyers and at times there were only a few people in each isle. Then yesterday evening Gov Wolf (PA) doubled down and restated that all non life essential businesses will be closed for the second time but with more restrictions.
So today was another madhouse day. About 200 people an hour through our doors. Store was packed and personal space for customers and employees where thrown out the window.
I was lucky to have had other duties to take care of in the back room for first couple of hours. Then out on the floor. Today we had many more customers wearing masks and over half wearing gloves. But there are still many carefree people that just don't get it yet. About halfway through my day I'm leaning over pulling something out of a cart. Some guy comes up to me and leans over about a foot from my face. He's holding a tub of cream cheese and asks me if I had any with pineapple in the back. 50% of our shelves are completely emptied. How stupid do you have to be to figure out if it's not on the self we don't have it. Don't bother asking. Now when he says the word PINEAPPLE I can feel the spray of his spit hitting my face and my lips. I force an exhale and calmly tell him no. Then quickly head to the backroom where I have some sanitizer wipes and scrub my face and mouth off with them. Let me tell you, those lemon sent sanitizer wipes don't taste anything like lemons. Meanwhile I'm thinking the whole time You M-Fing SOB!! This is how this chit gets spread. If you have it I now have it also. I just can't believe these idiots in the stores. I'm 52, smoked for 15 years before I quit. Worst case that could happen is this idiot could have just killed me all because he wanted pineapple flavored cream cheese. People, please keep your distance from the workers. I have the weekend off then back on Monday. Found a pack of 5 R95 masks and will be wearing them from now on. Rant over.

#356 4 years ago

"Have you got any pineapple in the back?"

lol

#357 4 years ago

Dude needs a throat punch.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not sure I agree with this, and probably is something a district would have to clarify. If they aren't actually interacting with anyone, it shouldn't be an issue. It's not about stopping businesses, it's about limiting interaction. The same reason companies that can have their workers work from home can still be in business.

From what I saw it's places where people gather, or indoor type business:

"Most businesses and business venues such as indoor malls will be closed to the public. They include dine-in restaurants; bars, nightclubs and other entertainment places where people gather, along with gyms and fitness studios. Convention centers and public events are also out of bounds."

Infrastructure type businesses can stay open:

"Businesses involved in construction and "essential infrastructure" such as plumbers, electricians, gas stations, auto repair shops and hardware stores also are exempt. "

I imagine some level of landscaping is still allowed here at a minimum to deal with brush fires and the like. For example, some insurance companies will not give you home coverage here based on your foliage, and not everyone has the gear to trim trees, etc, hence they depend on landscapers to meet the requirement.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wait...WHAT?!?!
Best news of the week! Holy shit I'm ecstatic!

What up Gryszz! You were ahead of the curve at the LAX show, people walking by getting a couple of squirts while you were playing, that shit cracked me up.

7298F133-4A2D-4AAA-A759-FFAADFDA91A2 (resized).jpeg7298F133-4A2D-4AAA-A759-FFAADFDA91A2 (resized).jpeg
#360 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

First let me say yesterday was a calm peaceful day, no panic buyers and at times there were only a few people in each isle. Then yesterday evening Gov Wolf (PA) doubled down and restated that all non life essential businesses will be closed for the second time but with more restrictions.
So today was another madhouse day. About 200 people an hour through our doors. Store was packed and personal space for customers and employees where thrown out the window.
I was lucky to have had other duties to take care of in the back room for first couple of hours. Then out on the floor. Today we had many more customers wearing masks and over half wearing gloves. But there are still many carefree people that just don't get it yet. About halfway through my day I'm leaning over pulling something out of a cart. Some guy comes up to me and leans over about a foot from my face. He's holding a tub of cream cheese and asks me if I had any with pineapple in the back. 50% of our shelves are completely emptied. How stupid do you have to be to figure out if it's not on the self we don't have it. Don't bother asking. Now when he says the word PINEAPPLE I can feel the spray of his spit hitting my face and my lips. I force an exhale and calmly tell him no. Then quickly head to the backroom where I have a some sanitizer wipes and scrub my face and mouth off with them. Let me tell you, those lemon sent sanitizer wipes don't taste anything like lemons. Meanwhile I'm thinking the whole time You M-Fing SOB!! This is how this chit gets spread. If you have it I now have it also. I just can't believe these idiots in the stores. I'm 52, smoked for 15 years before I quit. Worst case that could happen is this idiot could have just killed me all because he wanted pineapple flavored cream cheese. People, please keep your distance from the workers. I have the weekend off then back on Monday. Found a pack of 5 R95 masks and will be wearing them from now on. Rant over.

You guys should be getting some big time hazard pay.

#361 4 years ago

I'll give the leaf blowers a pass as long as they don't show up before 9 AM.

I'm not the one to turn anybody in.

I've got several buckets of paint and will be painting my gate and picket fence since I got the time. If they blow any dirt or leaves on my wet paint, THEN we have a problem.

#362 4 years ago

My favorite Seattle pinball bar - Shorty's, shut down for the time being:

Shortys Temp Closed (resized).jpgShortys Temp Closed (resized).jpg

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I'm amazed you're able to do all of that at once while simultaneously having your head up your ass.

#364 4 years ago

I’m going to get drunk and shred my guitar ..see you later folks

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I was lucky to have had other duties to take care of in the back room for first couple of hours. Then out on the floor. Today we had many more customers wearing masks and over half wearing gloves. But there are still many carefree people that just don't get it yet. About halfway through my day I'm leaning over pulling something out of a cart. Some guy comes up to me and leans over about a foot from my face. He's holding a tub of cream cheese and asks me if I had any with pineapple in the back. 50% of our shelves are completely emptied. How stupid do you have to be to figure out if it's not on the self we don't have it. Don't bother asking. Now when he says the word PINEAPPLE I can feel the spray of his spit hitting my face and my lips. I force an exhale and calmly tell him no. Then quickly head to the backroom where I have a some sanitizer wipes and scrub my face and mouth off with them. Let me tell you, those lemon sent sanitizer wipes don't taste anything like lemons. Meanwhile I'm thinking the whole time You M-Fing SOB!! This is how this chit gets spread. If you have it I now have it also. I just can't believe these idiots in the stores. I'm 52, smoked for 15 years before I quit. Worst case that could happen is this idiot could have just killed me all because he wanted pineapple flavored cream cheese. People, please keep your distance from the workers. I have the weekend off then back on Monday. Found a pack of 5 R95 masks and will be wearing them from now on. Rant over.

That is a wild story. I am very eccentric that would definitely freak me out as well. Be safe out there.

Reposted...reposted...

Fuck Off Spray (resized).jpgFuck Off Spray (resized).jpg
#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not saying anything he is saying is wrong, or that he's not a doctor...but do we KNOW he's a doctor? We've had our share of healthcare workers telling us the last 2 weeks that this was overblown and not an issue.

Well, I suppose there's not much of a way to KNOW anyone on the internet is anything they claim to be. However, I know Daditude personally and he can vouch for my identity if he likes. Also, this is what I looked like at work today (please excuse the peeling sunburn):
79A63038-95A0-4FCA-91BF-D2E12B855D7F (resized).jpeg79A63038-95A0-4FCA-91BF-D2E12B855D7F (resized).jpeg

If that's not enough, then I guess you don't have to take my advice.

#367 4 years ago

Look mf you already posted it once leave the spare tire(s) in the trunk got damn.

#368 4 years ago

Jaybird keep it up and you'll never slumber in Violent Steve's bed again.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Piece of Work .

Covid 19 (resized).jpgCovid 19 (resized).jpg
#370 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Doctor thank you so much for being on here and allowing us to ask you questions! I work at 2 Behavior Health hospitals and we are reading and hearing from our Medical doctor there is some optimism about using Chloroquine as treatment for COVID-19. Any thoughts/insight if this is/will be effective? Thank you!

The chloroquine question is not certain at this time. There were some observational studies during the SARS outbreak in 2003 that patients on chloroquine for other conditions seemed to do better with SARS infection. There is a small study out of France that seems to show similar effects however it is a very small study and that is why Dr. Fauci is trying to throw some water on that fire.

Bottom line is it is not clear that there is a definite benefit as there have not been any large, randomized, controlled trials yet. Also, we want to protect the supply we do have and keep those for doctors and hospitals to use in cases to see if there is any benefit. There is probably concern from the administration to stop a run on chloroquine based on a small study and then not have any to use for the really sick patients.

#371 4 years ago

I Iook like the hunchback of ND drivin the Indy 500 but at at every lap stopped at the drive thru. Ffs I don't like that pic.
Thank you, be safe, drive thru.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I Iook like the hunchback of ND drivin the Indy 500 but at at every lap stopped at the drive thru. Ffs I don't like that pic.
Thank you, be safe, drive thru.

I loved you in that movie.

#373 4 years ago

So doctor can you tell us the latest on Remdesivir. I am hoping that this one can get through the trials ASAP. Everything I read says that it is the most promising Antiviral so far.

#374 4 years ago

Damn, that should be required viewing. Thank you for sharing it.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Anyone up for making collaborative consensual non physical music together?

#376 4 years ago

The timeline for the last week in the UK

People told to self-isolate if they had symptoms (Fever or NEW persistent cough) for 7 days

People told to stay away from pubs, clubs, bars, gyms, restaurants etc. BUT no enforcement for those business owners to close.

People then told to work from home if they can. Schools still open.

Thursday
Schools told they will be shut from Friday, for all but the children of essential workers, disabled or vulnerable children. Business loans could be had up to 25k for any business.
All exams cancelled - teachers will estimate/award grades for GCSE and A Levels.

Friday
All public locations to close by midnight tonight. Bars, clubs, cinemas, restaurants, etc. INDEFINITELY ( but expected to be for up to 12 months, with occasional relaxing of these measures)
UK government tells businesses not to sack any staff. The government will pay 80% of the staffs wages if they are kept on by closed businesses. (Estimated at £30 Billion) for first 3 months.
All vat returns suspended for businesses.
Landlords will not be allowed to evict anybody for non payment of rent for next 6 months.

The constant message is that all of these measures are being taken by looking at the science behind the virus, both from other outbreaks, and current data from other countries.

I am given twice daily reports on what PPE we are using so I can ensure we have enough on order and it is distributed to the right areas.
We have also converted an old ward, which had been turned into a store room, back into a usable area where we can ventilate patients when they come in.
IT department has ordered 750 laptops so staff can work from home if need be (to add to the 350 currently in circulation)
No annual leave over a week is authorised, and staff are being rotated from clean to dirty (infected or suspected infected) areas regularly. They are also being encouraged to take short (2-3 days) holidays regularly so they don't become over tired or stressed.

These are things that are happening right now - pure facts.

All of these decisions have been made after examining all possibilities, by people with far more resources to crunch the numbers than anyone on here. I can guarentee that no government in the world would choose to make these decisions, with the huge financial cost, if there was any other choices.

People need to start taking this seriously and following whatever government advice is issued or things will get significantly worse.

Wash your hands, and keep your distance.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I was lucky to have had other duties to take care of in the back room for first couple of hours. Then out on the floor. Today we had many more customers wearing masks and over half wearing gloves. But there are still many carefree people that just don't get it yet. About halfway through my day I'm leaning over pulling something out of a cart. Some guy comes up to me and leans over about a foot from my face. He's holding a tub of cream cheese and asks me if I had any with pineapple in the back. 50% of our shelves are completely emptied. How stupid do you have to be to figure out if it's not on the self we don't have it. Don't bother asking. Now when he says the word PINEAPPLE I can feel the spray of his spit hitting my face and my lips. I force an exhale and calmly tell him no. Then quickly head to the backroom where I have some sanitizer wipes and scrub my face and mouth off with them. Let me tell you, those lemon sent sanitizer wipes don't taste anything like lemons. Meanwhile I'm thinking the whole time You M-Fing SOB!! This is how this chit gets spread. If you have it I now have it also. I just can't believe these idiots in the stores. I'm 52, smoked for 15 years before I quit. Worst case that could happen is this idiot could have just killed me all because he wanted pineapple flavored cream cheese. People, please keep your distance from the workers. I have the weekend off then back on Monday. Found a pack of 5 R95 masks and will be wearing them from now on. Rant over.

If this wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious. Sorry but I had to laugh it this. Thank You for what you do.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Well, I suppose there's not much of a way to KNOW anyone on the internet is anything they claim to be. However, I know Daditude personally and he can vouch for my identity if he likes. Also, this is what I looked like at work today (please excuse the peeling sunburn):
[quoted image]

Fair enough, I assumed someone around here must know you personally.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So doctor can you tell us the latest on Remdesivir. I am hoping that this one can get through the trials ASAP. Everything I read says that it is the most promising Antiviral so far.

From what I have seen so far, Remdesivir has mixed results in the limited testing they have done and some significant possible side effects. It will certainly be looked at closer, but the jury is still out.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Fair enough, I assumed someone around here must know you personally.

I've only been into collecting pinball machines for about 18 months so I only have a couple Pinside buddies so far.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Same!

20200315_120603 (resized).jpg20200315_120603 (resized).jpg
#382 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

We have also converted an old ward, which had been turned into a store room, back into a usable area where we can ventilate patients when they come in.

In Los Angeles, they are trying to go big.

4578717 (resized).jpg4578717 (resized).jpg
#383 4 years ago

I've only been into collecting pinball machines for about 18 months so I only have a couple Pinside buddies so far.

You have a few more now!

#384 4 years ago

To the doctors on here would an iron lung work instead of a ventilator?
They are much simpler to make. They made plywood versions in Australia in the 1930s

Iron_lung (resized).jpgIron_lung (resized).jpg
#385 4 years ago

Iron lungs aren't able to provide enough ventilatory support for an ARDS patient. Unfortunately.

#386 4 years ago

Think I know why the spring breakers have been so cavalier about Coronavirus and it isn’t because their don’t care about anything other than themselves. It is not a lack of common sense nor fact they are largely asymptomatic. They are not trying to thin out the ranks of boomers either.

It comes down to fundamentals - they don’t have jobs to worry about or mortgages to fret over how to pay. Student loans aren’t required to be paid until they graduate and get jobs either. Because they are school age, their station in life doesn’t affect them nearly as much as those of us in the real world. Maybe in another month they will wonder why everything around them is shut down and they will see how the virus is impacting their families. They will probably know someone who has died and may even wonder how FL, TX and AL allowed them to have spring break since public gathering are so dangerous. Hopefully they will realize there is more to life than partying and will begin to take the advice from medical experts seriously.

#387 4 years ago

Well now you have A LOT.
Thanks for stepping in here as the voice of reason. You docs got it rough, I feel for ya.
Thank you.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well now you have A LOT.
Thanks for stepping in here as the voice of reason. You docs got it rough, I feel for ya.
Thank you.

You're most welcome! Thanks for the kind words.

#389 4 years ago

The chloroquine question is not certain at this time. There were some observational studies during the SARS outbreak in 2003 that patients on chloroquine for other conditions seemed to do better with SARS infection. There is a small study out of France that seems to show similar effects however it is a very small study and that is why Dr. Fauci is trying to throw some water on that fire.
Bottom line is it is not clear that there is a definite benefit as there have not been any large, randomized, controlled trials yet. Also, we want to protect the supply we do have and keep those for doctors and hospitals to use in cases to see if there is any benefit. There is probably concern from the administration to stop a run on chloroquine based on a small study and then not have any to use for the really sick patients.

I want to chime in a little bit here about the use of Chloroquine or Hydro-Chloroquine. About 10 years ago, I went overseas to an area where Malaria was possible and also yellow fever, among other nasty things. People that I went with were all required to get this medicine to prevent encephalitis and also take a bank of other shots for various diseases like hepatitus. What was available at the time were pink pills that you either took each day or some once per week. Taking that medicine was pretty much torture. If you have to take it, you can expect to have some serious gastrointestinal problems. Serious symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting and generally an upset stomach. Out of 10 people that I saw take the medicine, they all got sick, except for one person that only had mild symptoms of these same problems. I did not see one person take that medicine with no symptoms. Coincidentally, the treatment for malaria is the same medicine. Having experienced being around people that were required to take this stuff makes you understand the serious nature of the drug and desire to not have to take it. I guess if it keeps you from dying, it is worth it, but the results of taking this drug are severe. Two people even got dysentery. And if you don't know what that is, you can look it up, because I do not want to describe it here.

#390 4 years ago

Iron lungs aren't able to provide enough ventilatory support for an ARDS patient. Unfortunately.

Would they be of any benefit to a less severe case?

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

All of these decisions have been made after examining all possibilities, by people with far more resources to crunch the numbers than anyone on here. I can guarentee that no government in the world would choose to make these decisions, with the huge financial cost, if there was any other choices.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I want to chime in a little bit here about the use of Chloroquine or Hydro-Chloroquine. About 10 years ago, I went overseas to an area where Malaria was possible and also yellow fever, among other nasty things. People that I went with were all required to get this medicine to prevent encephalitis and also take a bank of other shots for various diseases like hepatitus. What was available at the time were pink pills that you either took each day or some once per week. Taking that medicine was pretty much torture. If you have to take it, you can expect to have some serious gastrointestinal problems. Serious symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting and generally an upset stomach. Out of 10 people that saw take the medicine, they all got sick, except for one person that only had mild symptoms of these same problems. I did not see one person take that medicine with no symptoms. Coincidentally, the treatment for malaria is the same medicine. Having experienced being around people that were required to take this stuff makes you understand the serious nature of the drug and desire to not have to take it. I guess if it keeps you from dying, it is worth it, but the results of taking this drug are severe. Two people even got dysentery. And if you don't know what that is, you can look it up, because I do not want to describe it here.

I did the whole malaria pills regiment way back when, but I don't recall it having any effect on me.

#393 4 years ago

"pineapple flavored cream cheese"? WTF is that?

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Think I know why the spring breakers have been so cavalier about Coronavirus and it isn’t because their don’t care about anything other than themselves. They don’t have jobs to worry about or mortgages to fret over how to pay. Student loans aren’t required to be paid until they graduate and get jobs either. Because they are school age it doesn’t affect them nearly as much as those of us in the real world. Maybe in another month they will wonder why everything around them is shut down and they will see how the virus is impacting their families. They will probably know someone who has died and may even wonder how FL, TX and AL allowed them to have spring break since public gathering are so dangerous. Hopefully they will realize there is more to life than partying and will begin to take the advice from medical experts seriously.

When you are that age, you are indestructible and invincible, and no little virus is going to bring you down.

They probably also see it as something they had nothing to do with unleashing on the world. And are too young to realize nothing this serious has happened in 100 years.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I did the whole malaria pills regiment way back when, but I don't recall it having any effect on me.

You must either be lucky or have a iron gut, is all I can say...
Personally, I will do everything possible to avoid taking that medicine.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Such the BAD BOY!
If I were a 13 yr old girl with a learning disability, I would think you are SO hot.

Excellent, I'm still laughing.Thanks

#397 4 years ago

[quoted image]

It's obvious you know what your talking about. Thanks for the clarity on this.

#398 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Pinball_Gizzard (a.k.a. Rick) is a personal friend of mine, and I can vouch for him. He is a doctor of internal medicine, and I am certain he is the MOST QUALIFIED person on this website to speak about the coronavirus and its' effects.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

"pineapple flavored cream cheese"? WTF is that?

I assumed he was wanted cottage cheese but we we out of that.

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Italy had nearly 400 deaths in one day. This ain't your typical flu people!!

Italy dropped the ball and they have a very OLD population

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/8?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.