4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17,886 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by BazilBLast
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,602 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unnamed (11) (resized).jpg
IMG_3871 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200811-100902~2 (resized).png
back to school (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9A63A7B0-D00B-46B6-AB22-F00D623E019B (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200811-003234~3 (resized).png
AED78814-D612-4FFA-BC07-D111DEC196AB (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200810-204839~2 (resized).png
IMG_4121 (resized).JPG
1CFDBA53-52D2-4ABD-8AE7-E4C24E596F53 (resized).jpeg
D3FAF6B3-267F-42BD-A8EC-C340508A66D0 (resized).jpeg
F1906A9A-D5C5-4F8C-A03A-2746904D1169 (resized).jpeg
618FB643-ABBB-42F0-95B2-0665B955AB30.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
479d5f9b632529590650d2f75c78a3ba7a359ad5.jpeg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

136 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17893 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 358.
#4251 4 months ago

The political venting on Pinside could sustain all of North America.

#4252 4 months ago

If this don't get me a highlighted post, nothing will.

https://news.yahoo.com/not-afraid-swiss-woman-95-172819156.html

#4253 4 months ago

Another question(s): so far it’s just GM and ventilators. Is he gonna invoke the act on other high shortage items like gloves gowns and masks? How about other manufacturers capable of making ventilators at scale like Ford?

In for a penny, in for a pound. Let’s do this thing.

#4254 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If this don't get me a highlighted post, nothing will.
https://news.yahoo.com/not-afraid-swiss-woman-95-172819156.html

That lady is a rock star.

#4255 4 months ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

That lady is a rock star.

Yep, so far all the highlighted posts are just a bunch of graphs and statistics like we are all a bunch of nerds or something.

And I went to McDonalds today.

#4257 4 months ago

@crazylevi
Agree. Unfortunately with me still being labeled as an essential employee here in Maryland I have to drive past 33rd street daily. Memorial Stadium now replaced by several senior living apartment complexes. Can only hope the “new players” on that field make it thru this crisis. Sure plenty of Oriole Magic still left there (seems the magic never mutated over to Camden yards) Hurts to say this but I got a bad feeling those seniors may need it. Hell if my governor doesn’t shut down my state soon...... I may need it.

#4258 4 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:Another question(s): so far it’s just GM and ventilators. Is he gonna invoke the act on other high shortage items like gloves gowns and masks? How about other manufacturers capable of making ventilators at scale like Ford?
In for a penny, in for a pound. Let’s do this thing.

If GM can produce what they’re saying they can, other car companies probably wouldn’t be needed. As far as other medical supplies being made, I’m pretty sure he would use DPA if needed, which is looking like a probability.

#4259 4 months ago

When we have EMTs using homemade masks and doctors being asked to use single use masks for a week at a time....I’m going with it’s necessary.

#4260 4 months ago

Well, 2 weeks at home, been out all of 3 times in last 3 weeks, and one was yesterday to have my 16 year old cat euthanized due to total kidney failure. I guess I could have taken care of it myself, but I figured he gave me 16 years of love, devotion, and companionship, the least I could do was take the risk and send him out in the most humane way possible, instead of the “Size 12” curb stomp my uncle used to get rid of an unwanted litter of kittens back when I was 8. Over the years, I learned to forgive my uncle for what seemed like a callous, inhuman treatment of life and learned that sometimes, it’s a blessing for a quick death instead of a protracted period of pain and suffering. Borneo was a great cat, and now, for the rest of my life, every time someone mentions the Covid19 virus, I will have a big black shadow cross my heart. I am hoping those who feel bad for me and my cat will possibly make one less unnecessary trip out in public, so when someone mentions Covid19 in the future, you will not have a shadow pass over your heart because it reminded you of a loved one that was lost due to this bitch of a virus. When the victims starts getting down to one degree of separation in the game of six degrees of Kevin Bacon, maybe people will understand that what they could of done wasn’t that hard, and maybe they should have listened to the scientists and medical professionals just a bit sooner.

RIP Borneo, aka Mr. Bitey. :’-(

57E2AABD-9FD6-4756-A08E-F4D13DB10510 (resized).jpeg
#4261 4 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The mask shortage is over![quoted image]

I figured this was in Florida but they have wine in the cart. What state?

#4262 4 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

When we have EMTs using homemade masks and doctors being asked to use single use masks for a week at a time....I’m going with it’s necessary.

Agreed

#4263 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sorry for your loss, Buble. Losing our fur friends is simply terrible.

#4264 4 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd prefer Honda or Toyota make my ventilator.

Agree but now how to decide.... lease or buy?

#4266 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I guess I could have taken care of it myself, but I figured he gave me 16 years of love, devotion, and companionship, the least I could do was take the risk and send him out in the most humane way possible, instead of the “Size 12” curb stomp my uncle used to get rid of an unwanted litter of kittens back when I was 8. Over the years, I learned to forgive my uncle for what seemed like a callous, inhuman treatment of life and learned that sometimes, it’s a blessing for a quick death instead of a protracted period of pain and suffering.

If you ever get a DNA test, don't be shocked if the cops come a calling about your uncle. That ain't normal dude.

#4267 4 months ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Agree but now how to decide.... lease or buy?

Get a used one with 100,000 miles on it and it will be just like new.

#4268 4 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m pretty sure he would use DPA if needed,

Needed about 2-3 weeks ago. PPE should be up there with vents. Healthcare workers have been screaming for it for awhile. Italy had 51? Doctors die due to lack of PPE among other things.

#4269 4 months ago

White House briefing scheduled to start shortly:

Briefing statements issued by the White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/

#4270 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

RIP Borneo, aka Mr. Bitey. :’-([quoted image]

Ha, I used to call my old cat Mr. Bitey. Let’s all raise a toast to black cats who lived better than we ever will. Cheers!

#4271 4 months ago

The Mercy arrived this morning at the Port of Los Angeles. A couple co-workers sent me these pics.

55601F34-C04A-4481-9080-17363C27C60E (resized).jpeg96111158-C535-4A07-A52F-371259F61EA5 (resized).jpeg
#4273 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Get a used one with 100,000 miles on it and it will be just like new

Good call. I’m going used. Added bonus....my ventilator insurance prolly won’t go up.

#4274 4 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Mercy arrived this morning at the Port of Los Angeles. A couple co-workers sent me these pics.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sent to LA:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Mercy_(T-AH-19)

Heading to NY:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Comfort_(T-AH-20)

It looks like these are the only two hospital ships in the US fleet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_ship#Current_hospital_ships

#4275 4 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you ever get a DNA test, don't be shocked if the cops come a calling about your uncle. That ain't normal dude.

My uncle was raised as a farm boy from Kentucky, so he could of tied them in a burlap sack with a brick and thrown them in the pond, shot them with his shotgun, or took care of it the way he did, which would you prefer? They handled animal husbandry a bit differently in Kentucky in 1969, and heck still do to this day. And since he has also passed on, I am not afraid of taking any DNA tests or cops showing up at my door, but thanks for your concern.

#4276 4 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Please don’t ever go to a farm. Your sensibilities might get injured.

This is purely just a commentary on the things that happen to animals on farms. I don’t know if that is where his uncle killed these cats, but all animals are just things on farms that eat food and cost money. Pigs are just bacon that hasn’t been harvested yet. Cows are just production machines or steaks.

Quoted from Bublehead:

Sorry for your loss. Cats rule, dogs drool.

#4277 4 months ago

Gettin weird up in here

#4278 4 months ago

Illinois just reopened a hospital that closed 3 years ago in Blue Island just south of Chicago

#4279 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My uncle was raised as a farm boy from Kentucky, so he could of tied them in a burlap sack with a brick and thrown them in the pond, shot them with his shotgun, or took care of it the way he did, which would you prefer? They handled animal husbandry a bit differently in Kentucky in 1969, and heck still do to this day. And since he has also passed on, I am not afraid of taking any DNA tests or cops showing up at my door, but thanks for your concern.

Uh, take them to a shelter? You were a kid and your uncle stomped their heads in front of you? Reading your post made me recall a Dateline episode where the daughter of a serial killer described how her dad would torture and kill cats in front of the kids. That's all. Creepy as hell to me.

#4280 4 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Needed about 2-3 weeks ago. PPE should be up there with vents. Healthcare workers have been screaming for it for awhile. Italy had 51? Doctors die due to lack of PPE among other things.

Some of the responsibility relies on the hospitals as well, we were a little underprepared on a lot of fronts, all I hope for is that lessons have been learned all around, but I still know we will pull through this.

#4281 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ha, I used to call my old cat Mr. Bitey.

That name came from the movie “Kickass”, and Borneo picked it up along with one other, “Mr. Pinch”... he used to get a bit “wild” (hence the name Borneo) and would start biting you when you petted him for a long time and got a little rough at it... Mr. Pinch came about because he would not bite with his whole mouth, but would try and just “pinch” you between his top and bottom fangs on one side. And yes, it left a bruise every time if not an open wound. Had to love him.

#4282 4 months ago
Quoted from jamesmc:My local dump of a golf course is still open. I looked up Trump National in Palos Verdes. Been playing the course on a yearly basis with guys at a club from San Diego when our club is overseeding or when they aerate the greens. Perfect course to play in these times, as its expensive and out of the way. But they are not accepting tee times for at least the next 30 days. Says the property is open. Probably for take out food. Seemed odd to me.

They had a 70th birthday party at Trump National on March 8th for my former mayor Susan Brooks where a bunch of people including her came down with the virus. That shut it down. Back in 1994 my friend and I helped put up signs and set up venues for her congressional bid against Jane Harmon. Yes she is republican as I was until Bush Jr’s 2nd term. She’s getting a lot of flack for going through with the party, but it was a tough call at the time.

https://www.lamag.com/article/trump-golf-course-coronavirus/

#4283 4 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Uh, take them to a shelter? You were a kid and your uncle stomped their heads in front of you? Reading your post made me recall a Dateline episode where the daughter of a serial killer described how her dad would torture and kill cats in front of the kids. That's all. Creepy as hell to me.

Even creepier... are we all soon to become a kitten on “someone’s” shoe?

#4284 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I come from Uranus.

Now that stinks.

#4285 4 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

all I hope for is that lessons have been learned all around

Right on. One I can think of, don’t disband the pandemic response team and fire 2/3 of the people that wargamed this exact scenario in 2016...I digress though we can’t ever look backwards, now is not the time, thoughts and prayers yadayada

#4286 4 months ago

Updated chart

IMG_20200327_181107.jpg
#4287 4 months ago

Tonight we salute Robin van Whatever!20200327_181147 (resized).jpg
I for one could not imagine how boring, yet productive, my life would've been had I not found this guy!

#4288 4 months ago

Good luck NYC.

New York City emerges as the global epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic
New York City, perhaps the epicentre of the global pandemic, has recorded 366 deaths and 25,300 cases as of Friday. To put that death toll into perspective, New York City had 316 homicides in the entirety of 2019.
The first recorded case in New York was on March 1, a Manhattan woman in her 30s who contracted the virus while travelling in Iran.

We're three weeks from the 'apex' of the crisis, Cuomo says
Cuomo said he anticipated the "apex" of the crisis - the highest need for hospital beds and medical supplies - is around three weeks or 21 days out.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/new-york-just-had-its-deadliest-day-since-the-coronavirus-outbreak-began/ar-BB11OoKY?ocid=spartanntp

#4289 4 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tonight we salute Robin van Whatever![quoted image]
I for one could not imagine how boring, yet productive, my life would've been had I not found this guy!

Back to you Gryszzz
DCA48470-6B80-48EA-894F-868AFAF06502 (resized).jpeg

#4290 4 months ago

Trump signs $2T stimulus bill after House approves historic coronavirus response.
And that's a wrap. Bill is now set in stone.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-massie-bill-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR2zAvr-YsdQxVNdAu94RSwjHLjWd2clCK4uXIPtvZ8Sd-FedQ-5t20Jukc

#4291 4 months ago

So the TPF 2020 thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/18#post-5539370) is closed and points to here, so I'll add this here:

Right about now TPF would have been opening. I'm missing the annual trek to Texas so earlier today I started a virtual TPF event for Pinside - more about it in the thread I created at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-doing-tpf-in-my-pinside-shop . It ends when TPF would have ended on Sunday.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#4292 4 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If you like things the way they are, that’s your prerogative. Agree to disagree.
Why should smaller states be protected exactly? Why should the will of the people be based on geography?

Because it is not based geography- the states are separate entities. Maybe in your brain the idea of a state is immaterial and just something transparent- but thats not how our country was setup and very intentionally so. Our country is a collection of separate states - not one big state with just local governors.

#4293 4 months ago

It sounds like China was going to start reopening their theaters this weekend, but decided on a different plan.

https://variety.com/2020/biz/entertainment-industry/china-moves-to-re-shutter-all-cinemas-nationwide-1203546923/

#4294 4 months ago

What I gathered from that presser was buy Ford, GE, Boeing and Panera. Sell GM

C8C3622B-9CEB-4CA0-B698-3AF98F82BDE3 (resized).png
#4295 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because it is not based geography- the states are separate entities. Maybe in your brain the idea of a state is immaterial and just something transparent- but thats not how our country was setup and very intentionally so. Our country is a collection of separate states - not one big state with just local governors.

Americans don't read that outdated old document any more.

#4296 4 months ago

Saw the press conference of your president Trump. I don't want to say he's lying, but he said they want to built 100000 ventilators, or have I misunderstood something?
Today I read an new interview here in germany with Stefan Dräger, he is the boss of "Drägerwerk". They are the biggest ventilator builting company here in germany and perhaps in the world. And he explained why it's so hard to built more of these. Mercedes and other car companies had offered help. But he don't think that they can help: „You cannot have a baby in one month by impregnating nine women“. He said in this interview that they need essential parts from the whole world to built these ventilators, even from new zealand. And he said that if there will be a fight between the countrys over the parts, it is possible that no one will get anymore ventilators. And he said that he doesn't think that it will be possible for the USA to get 100000 ventilators over the next year cause this would be almost the capacity of all manufacturer in the world together.
I don't know if he is right. Just want to let you know about the interview. That doesn't look good to me, I thought this virus could bring all countrys in the world more together to fight this, now I am starting to think it will be the opposite.
Sry, the interview is only in german language:
https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article206850889/Beatmungsgeraete-Nachfrage-uebersteigt-Produktion-bei-Weitem-sagt-Hersteller.html

#4297 4 months ago
91398045_10214425935876794_4733429507837394944_n (resized).jpg
#4298 4 months ago
3CB40780-9450-40CB-810D-D20C64CB6760 (resized).jpegADD2EA98-A266-40F4-A3BF-91A1A1D30E33 (resized).jpegC2C79135-BEC6-4A84-A957-313ABE895BE3 (resized).jpegFC32176E-E229-46D9-8529-9DE1E3240E28 (resized).jpeg
#4299 4 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What I am saying is your criticism, in hindsight is fair.
When the criticism from the articles neglects the timeline, and the messages from the Top, which dont stand alone, they do act with the governors, some of the criticism is both time, and working with
the White House. So to say, the governor should have locked down earlier than they did in New Rochelle,
is incorrect. To say they should have locked down the state earlier, is true, but omitting that decision wasnt exclusively theirs to make at the time, and in hindsight, it should have been done.
This DOES agree when you say the Lockdown Nationwide should have been Done 2-3 weeks ago,
In no way does my view absolve any responsibility to governors, it is more that the Top and News corp,
are running the narrative, like Tucker, that any fault for what happens in NY, is on NY, and is not the responsibility at the top. You support this narrative from Opinion articles.
This is to deflect from the Ventilator issue, and the Now deployed National guard.
The cries of help are being answered, we only hope it is enough, and quick enough.
What is happening in the other 2 democratic led states receiving criticism, I do not know.
But stating that in a National Emergency, anything Bad, is the fault of the State, and Anything Good,
was done at the Top, is a bit insulating in an election year.

I have listened to FOX, CNN, and national news TV outlets a total of about 1 hour the past 2 weeks. I can honestly tell you I haven't heard anything Tucker has said in regards to NYC's situation. I am getting my news from reading the Washington Post, NY Times, WSJ, local news sites, and other international sources available online right now.

Like I said, I dont absolve the feds and Trump of any blame, not only for NYC but the entire country. I am informed enough, however, to compare and contrast New York's local government response with the response of other local governments around the country. My conclusion remains it is more then fair to hold them accountable for their mistakes as well.

#4300 4 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How much documentation do I need to provide from national media outlets (including those that skew left like The NY Times, CNN, etc) that Cuomo and Diblasio’s responses to the outbreak there were too slow before you can bring yourself to admit they are less than perfect? I get that NYC is the most densely populated metro area in the US but there is more to this situation then just that.
You’ll notice I haven’t criticized other state’s leadership like Governor Newsome in California, right? That is because they acted and took steps to mitigate spread in their states sooner. Last I checked, California is a pretty densely populated state too, no?

I don’t know how anyone can not condemn deblasios lack of leadership. Bozo’s own people think he has sucked this up, and his little display ofnriding the subway to go to a show a week and half ago is mind boggling His refusal to close schools, his ass-wipe Superintendent Of schools insisting his staff continue to work, cutting subway service so cars are overpacked, etc all reek of incompetence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7.00
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 129.25
$ 11.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 254.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 12.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 7.90
There are 17893 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 358.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside