272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 576.
#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

City and county beaches were closed Monday and Tuesday. Today Doheny state beach won't allow cars. I've never seen this. Just bikes and walkers and joggers. The very few golf courses open looks like they stopped taking tee times starting Monday. It was odd not to see any boats out in the water either. Pretty sure these are signs of things becoming more restrictive around here, not less. My electric bike is a blast to have in these times.[quoted image]

Nice bike!! Any details on it? You can PM me since it's off this topic.

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A visual chart on where money is going in the stimulus bill

I'll take blue shaded graph for 10,000, Alex.

#4154 4 years ago

I'm starting a new Pink Floyd conspiracy. They saw this coming:

On The Turning Away:

On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we won't understand

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting it's shroud
Over all we have known

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like business as usual to me.[quoted image]

O-din, I have been wanting a 1957 Ford station wagon for years. That green and white one in this pic would do just fine. Of course, that '58 Chevy just behind it would be OK, too.

280264079b84aa3a74bbc6f125b224f848e8e1df (resized).jpg280264079b84aa3a74bbc6f125b224f848e8e1df (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 1.42.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-27 at 1.42.18 PM (resized).png

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry if this is deemed political, but seemed like info that some may want to know:
NPR Station Stops Airing Trump Coronavirus Briefings For ‘False Information’
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/npr-donald-trump-coronavirus_n_5e7dd6dec5b6256a7a28941d

I feel the only real issue, other than specific criticism of specific events, is what is True, and what is False.
I most always remind myself that "Fake" means I dont like it for one, and a "Lie", to the next person in line.

#4158 4 years ago

From SF Chronicle updates: https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-live-updates-news-bay-area-15151165.php

7:48 a.m. California teen who died from coronavirus denied health care over lack of insurance: The 17-year-old who passed away after contracting coronavirus despite not having any previously reported health conditions was denied treatment at an urgent care facility in Lancaster because he lacked insurance, according to that town’s mayor. In a video posted to YouTube, Mayor R. Rex Parris urged his community to take the threat of COVID-19 seriously and said the teen “didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him.” The mayor added: “The Friday before he died, he was healthy. By Wednesday, he was dead.”

#4159 4 years ago
847BB10E-8496-4B7E-AA99-3F5299FD1F42 (resized).jpeg847BB10E-8496-4B7E-AA99-3F5299FD1F42 (resized).jpeg
#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have been wanting a 1957 Ford station wagon for years.

I used to have one.

Same color. Someday I'll dig out a pic of my dad's '57 ragtop, same color.

#4161 4 years ago

What the world needs now is gloves, blue gloves!

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I feel the only real issue, other than specific criticism of specific events, is what is True, and what is False.
I most always remind myself that "Fake" means I dont like it for one, and a "Lie", to the next person in line.

NPR is a PUBLIC funded service, the organization should not filter based on their own very well known biases. If you don't like the briefing turn it off.

Can you imagine the rayyyycisssssst @#$% storm if Fox had stopped showing Obama's briefings during H1N1, Ebola, etc. The mental gymnastics and balkanization of this country in a time of true crisis is really sad.

AMERICANS set aside differences and RALLY behind a cause for the good of everyone. They don't sit and whine behind a computer playing Monday Morning QB.

Can you imagine this same sort of attitude being exhibited now during WWII? Protip - we'd all be speaking German or Japanese if that was the case.

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Nice bike!! Any details on it? You can PM me since it's off this topic.

Cheetah by civi bikes. A lot more torque than you would think. Pedal assist to 28 mph. Governor on bike because same bafang motor goes 37 in other bikes. Manual shows way to bypass. 17 AH battery. Around 2800 after shopping around.

#4164 4 years ago

The extra unemployment benefits are huge and a bit of a hint as to how long the government expects this to go on for. The extended unemployment benefits ($600 extra per week on top of state benefits) is for up to 4 months.

I have a family member that is 63 working at a pharmacy during this time. She's been considering retiring at the end of the year but now doesn't know what to do in the current situation as she could bring home the disease to her husband (retired) who is a lifetime smoker. I mentioned to her that the best thing that could happen to her is to be laid off at this point. She doesn't want to quit but also may have to consider it.

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

We’ve been making our own pizzas instead of ordering like we usually would...with kids home 24/7, no school, sports practices etc lots of time to fill...lots, lots, oh god there is a lot of time, so much.
Suppose we’ll look back on this as a unique moment in the kid’s lives, being able to connect...if all our friends and family live of course. If it goes south, memories won’t be so great.

My daughter said her favorite thing about all of this is that we eat most of our breakfast/lunch/dinner meals together now versus them being at school for breakfast and lunch. She also likes that part of "homeschool" is daily board games.

#4166 4 years ago
2EB51E4A-F2B0-480F-BCBA-CDBF17A3A3F5 (resized).jpeg2EB51E4A-F2B0-480F-BCBA-CDBF17A3A3F5 (resized).jpeg68FE57A4-65D1-4620-A9D2-F84D9258B0CF (resized).jpeg68FE57A4-65D1-4620-A9D2-F84D9258B0CF (resized).jpeg
#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have a family member that is 63 working at a pharmacy during this time. She's been considering retiring at the end of the year but now doesn't know what to do in the current situation as she could bring home the disease to her husband (retired) who is a lifetime smoker. I mentioned to her that the best thing that could happen to her is to be laid off at this point. She doesn't want to quit but also may have to consider it.

A pharmacist in a neighboring county here tested positive a few weeks ago.

https://poststar.com/news/local/pharmacist-at-queensbury-cvs-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/article_955c61d3-7112-526d-b7f3-10b58fbcee4f.html

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't need barley but I am on the hunt for Bread Flour.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I don't need barley but I am on the hunt for Bread Flour.

Just don’t damage the oil and wine

#4170 4 years ago

Dang too hard to keep up with this thread when at work. It sure if this has been posted. York county PA is now on stay at home alert. Over 200 new cases yesterday.

FC320B05-08D2-4F79-968D-CEF3E5DD319D (resized).pngFC320B05-08D2-4F79-968D-CEF3E5DD319D (resized).png
#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What the world needs now is gloves, blue gloves!

How about red?

china (resized).PNGchina (resized).PNG

#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As for food, you could see if they can make it and not bake it. Then you bring it home and cook it yourself. It doesn't survive baking.

The only takeout we’ve done for the past two weeks is one night getting a couple of Papa Murphy’s take and bake pizzas. We only did that because we knew we could take it home to bake it at high temperature ourselves.

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I don’t understand why people get bent out of shape about being moderated, they’re in a tough spot as this topic is damn near impossible to discuss honestly without some political talk. Personally I think they’ve done a pretty good job, all things considered.

I actually donated to Pinside about an hour after I got a moderation notice. You can’t take it personally, just try to be better I guess.

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I actually donated to Pinside about an hour after I got a moderation notice. You can’t take it personally, just try to be better I guess.

I guess I have my sensitive panties on. I contributed in the past and was honest about a game sale on here. The moderation did not sit well with me given that so much of this thread is political and I found my comment to be benign. I figure someone takes offense, flags the post, and you get moderated. Whatever though, lot bigger fish to fry right now. Being moderated on here is very low on my list of worries.

#4175 4 years ago

I got a no-no for being a dumbass. It was only a matter of time.

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My daughter said her favorite thing about all of this is that we eat most of our breakfast/lunch/dinner meals together now versus them being at school for breakfast and lunch. She also likes that part of "homeschool" is daily board games.

We've eaten dinner as a 3 generation family 15 days in a row. We maybe ate 2 or 3 days in a row at most together before. Wife is a mortgage executive who is now cooking as a way to cope with stress. Son in law works at Costco, so wife and I aren't eating at the table, but are in the room and enjoying the conversation. We probably have less toilet paper than usual as he's been bringing home paper products from Costco for years.

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I actually donated to Pinside about an hour after I got a moderation notice.

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

NPR is a PUBLIC funded service, the organization should not filter based on their own very well known biases. If you don't like the briefing turn it off.
Can you imagine the rayyyycisssssst @#$% storm if Fox had stopped showing Obama's briefings during H1N1, Ebola, etc. The mental gymnastics and balkanization of this country in a time of true crisis is really sad.
AMERICANS set aside differences and RALLY behind a cause for the good of everyone. They don't sit and whine behind a computer playing Monday Morning QB.
Can you imagine this same sort of attitude being exhibited now during WWII? Protip - we'd all be speaking German or Japanese if that was the case.

I believe perhaps you are looking for Leadership?

Im not sure, but either you have read me wrong, or are agreeing?

Dont know, but if one is critical of Todays Press Conference, there are statements that are True,
and there are some that are Lies.
My Position is and always be to gather information, from different sources, and think for myself.
It isnt "Armchair Quarterbacking", but I do appreciate how you might feel that way.
My position is if one only receives news from Any Biased Source, on either side only, their beliefs
of Truth are controlled, by the Agendas behind them.

To tackle this "War" we need decisive, clear, and Factual/Truthful information.
If you believe that is what we are receiving today, as also reflected on the Virus issue,
that is your prerogative. Perhaps respect that others see Lies, as a quality detrimental to leadership.

#4179 4 years ago

Haha just got an email with this:

“Per the statement issued by Governor Walz, Squeegee Squad is classified as an essential services provider”

Window Cleaners are an essential business. Gotta have that crystal clear view as the world burns.

#4180 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, and Ive been saying this since January.
I am waiting for your links. I dont disagree governors "should have done better, or earlier"
But they take their Leads from the President, whom you equally criticize.
The Buck stops at the top. Blaming Governors right now, is rhetoric from Newscorp and relations,
to deflect from the top.
Fine to disagree, so draw the line Now. NY has been begging for weeks for Ventilators.
Trump says no more you have enough, TODAY. If people die because of a Ventilator shortage, who
is responsible? The Governor? Or the President?
That answer is where I hope I can understand your position.

I posted 4 articles and links previously from The NY Times, NY Post, CNN, etc. They all outline very clearly the mistakes Diblasio and yes, even Cuomo who has the ultimate say at the state level, made in not taking action sooner to shut things down in NYC.

You guys don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. I’m not absolving Trump or the feds for their lack of preparation and blunders they’ve made in preparing the country (testing, etc). I’m not happy about a lot of that stuff as well, including not shutting down airports in NYC, Seattle, etc at the same time or before he did with Europe.

What I am saying is that crying and blaming only the feds for the current situation while not be willing to acknowledge the obvious blunders of your own state and local politicians comes off as just partisan politics. At the state and local level, decisions on when to close businesses, schools, restaurants, clubs, etc. can and should be made by the governors and in big city areas like NYC, mayors. Just because Trump didn’t tell them or force them to shut down their city and state doesn’t give them an excuse for waiting too long.

There are states all over the country whose governors have sent out stay at home orders without federal guidance or permission. California’s governor issued those orders before anyone in New York did for NYC and at a time when they still had fewer diagnosed cases.

Maybe there is just a disconnect between those of us that think the federal government should make every decision for our states and lives and those of us that believe you don’t wait for the federal government (or government in general) to take care of things. I’m not happy with my governor here in Utah right now either as he still hasn’t given the stay at home order I think he should have already. As a result, I’m doing what is necessary to try to take care of myself and family.

#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Haha just got an email with this:

“Per the statement issued by Governor Walz, Squeegee Squad is classified as an essential services provider”

Window Cleaners are an essential business. Gotta have that crystal clear view as the world burns.

Wow, funny what is "essential". I shared a link from a local news outfit here that listed what was essential, would have been MUCH shorter to list was is NOT essential!

#4183 4 years ago
DSCN6731 (resized).JPGDSCN6731 (resized).JPGDSCN6733 (resized).JPGDSCN6733 (resized).JPG
#4184 4 years ago

I love filet-o-fish sandwiches.
That is all.

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I posted 4 articles and links previously from The NY Times, NY Post, CNN, etc. They all outline very clearly the mistakes Diblasio and yes, even Cuomo who has the ultimate say at the state level, made in not taking action sooner to shut things down in NYC.
You guys don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. I’m not absolving Trump or the feds for their lack of preparation and blunders they’ve made in preparing the country (testing, etc). I’m not happy about a lot of that stuff as well, including not shutting down airports in NYC, Seattle, etc at the same time or before he did with Europe.
What I am saying is that crying and blaming only the feds for the current situation while not be willing to acknowledge the obvious blunders of your own state and local politicians comes off as just partisan politics. At the state and local level, decisions on when to close businesses, schools, restaurants, clubs, etc. can and should be made by the governors and in big city areas like NYC, mayors. Just because Trump didn’t tell them or force them to shut down their city and state doesn’t give them an excuse for waiting too long.
There are states all over the country whose governors have sent out stay at home orders without federal guidance or permission. California’s governor issued those orders before anyone in New York did for NYC and at a time when they still had fewer diagnosed cases.
Maybe there is just a disconnect between those of us that think the federal government should make every decision for our states and lives and those of us that believe you don’t wait for the federal government (or government in general) to take care of things. I’m not happy with my governor here in Utah right now either as he still hasn’t given the stay at home order I think he should have already. As a result, I’m doing what is necessary to try to take care of myself and family.

What I am saying is your criticism, in hindsight is fair.
When the criticism from the articles neglects the timeline, and the messages from the Top, which dont stand alone, they do act with the governors, some of the criticism is both time, and working with
the White House. So to say, the governor should have locked down earlier than they did in New Rochelle,
is incorrect. To say they should have locked down the state earlier, is true, but omitting that decision wasnt exclusively theirs to make at the time, and in hindsight, it should have been done.
This DOES agree when you say the Lockdown Nationwide should have been Done 2-3 weeks ago,
In no way does my view absolve any responsibility to governors, it is more that the Top and News corp,
are running the narrative, like Tucker, that any fault for what happens in NY, is on NY, and is not the responsibility at the top. You support this narrative from Opinion articles.

This is to deflect from the Ventilator issue, and the Now deployed National guard.
The cries of help are being answered, we only hope it is enough, and quick enough.

What is happening in the other 2 democratic led states receiving criticism, I do not know.

But stating that in a National Emergency, anything Bad, is the fault of the State, and Anything Good,
was done at the Top, is a bit insulating in an election year.

#4186 4 years ago
DSCN6734 (resized).JPGDSCN6734 (resized).JPGDSCN6735 (resized).JPGDSCN6735 (resized).JPG
#4187 4 years ago

I'm real close to hitting the magical "100" for moderated posts. You guys and your rookie numbers...ha!

#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Happy your eating healthy Odin peace out!

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What I am saying is your criticism, in hindsight is fair.
When the criticism from the articles neglects the timeline, and the messages from the Top, which dont stand alone, they do act with the governors, some of the criticism is both time, and working with
the White House. So to say, the governor should have locked down earlier than they did in New Rochelle,
is incorrect. To say they should have locked down the state earlier, is true, but omitting that decision wasnt exclusively theirs to make at the time, and in hindsight, it should have been done.
This DOES agree when you say the Lockdown Nationwide should have been Done 2-3 weeks ago,
In no way does my view absolve any responsibility to governors, it is more that the Top and News corp,
are running the narrative, like Tucker, that any fault for what happens in NY, is on NY, and is not the responsibility at the top. You support this narrative from Opinion articles.
This is to deflect from the Ventilator issue, and the Now deployed National guard.
The cries of help are being answered, we only hope it is enough, and quick enough.
What is happening in the other 2 democratic led states receiving criticism, I do not know.
But stating that in a National Emergency, anything Bad, is the fault of the State, and Anything Good,
was done at the Top, is a bit insulating in an election year.

I think my issue is there's a fine line between trying to calm the masses, and not educating yourself and saying whatever you like to try to manipulate the stock market. I agree that this would be hard on any leader and the path is not at all clear, but how you handle it separates the true leaders from the wannabe leaders. I see very little that makes me believe he has any empathy for anyone else.

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm real close to hitting the magical "100" for moderated posts. You guys and your rookie numbers...ha!

I believe that’s a pinside achievement!

#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I love filet-o-fish sandwiches.
That is all.

Nice buns.

DSCN6736 (resized).JPGDSCN6736 (resized).JPG
#4192 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

magical "100" for moderated posts.

You get a t-shirt for that right? I gotta get moving. #trumpisalunatic

#4193 4 years ago

Being responsible and drinking alone.

20200327_161549 (resized).jpg20200327_161549 (resized).jpg
#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Dang too hard to keep up with this thread when at work. It sure if this has been posted. York county PA is now on stay at home alert. Over 200 new cases yesterday.[quoted image]

This is Exactly why I just returned from a 45 min drive to the Susquehanna and back through the woods in my convertible. It was wonderful.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice buns.[quoted image]

Did you ask for extra corona sauce?

#4196 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did you ask for extra corona sauce?

I go with ketchup instead of tarter sauce. And they were yummy.

Mostly, I don't feel sick!

#4197 4 years ago

EDDIE......EDDIE......EDDIE!!!!

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Being responsible and drinking alone.[quoted image]

I prefer the Chris Davis IPA, real expensive and total shit.

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well, you finally passed my ass up.

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, you finally passed my ass up.

I wish there was a way to view all the too thread posters simultaneously

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/84?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.