272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 576.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

21 more days till their possible peak, damn!

Hopefully that's a worse case scenario. Along with that, makes you think about what the rest of us are looking at time wise for peak. We're about 4 hours from NYC, and we're seeing big spikes. Guess we're next on stage.

#4102 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not a fan of Dr. Birx? I thought she was very insightful.

This is why I’m not super confident:

Birx: "[Trump is] so attentive to the scientific literature & the details & the data. I think his ability to analyze & integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit”

That statement would be laughable if it weren’t so sad.

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Can we just put Dr. Fauci interviews on a loop as the only content on all TV channels, YouTube, and Twitch for a week?

Seriously. I wait to unmute my TV until he comes on. I'm generally apolitical and have listened to several briefings from state and national officials but this guy you can at least get some straight answers or "real talk" from.

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just hope this ends soon, I’m going to be 400lbs if I keep trying to singlehandedly keep all my favorite local spots in business.

Yep. I'm ordering double of everything I normally get. I'll stop at 2 or 3 restaurants in one trip and freeze some foods in case it gets to a point they need to close their doors for awhile. Admittedly I've stopped at a couple fast food places last week and they said business is quite slow but that's probably due to everyone going to the smaller businesses.

#4105 4 years ago

This post was moderated inmediately: Take it to PM

(Thought I'd get ahead of myself for the mods on this one.)

#4106 4 years ago

A must watch video:

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Yep. I'm ordering double of everything I normally get. I'll stop at 2 or 3 restaurants in one trip and freeze some foods in case it gets to a point they need to close their doors for awhile. Admittedly I've stopped at a couple fast food places last week and they said business is quite slow but that's probably due to everyone going to the smaller businesses.

I hope people are supporting the mom and pop takeout places, the McDonald’s of the world will survive this no matter what, not sure about the smaller places.

#4108 4 years ago

Some big companies have shuttered operation, if just temporarily. But I see that as a trend. A company local to my area ceased production for a week due to some people being sick. No confirmation of it being the coronavirus, but they ceased operation out of an abundance of caution.

I see that as a trend, and most likely will effect Amazon and the delivery companies. My point being: us relying on delivery service for stuff will most likely not be a good short term strategy. A local Amazon center already closed for a day or two this week. I think facilities will close as soon as a person tests positive for it, and stay closed for a day or two. Maybe longer.

Crazy times we are living in.

#4109 4 years ago

I hope this is allowed? Eeep

IMG_20200327_124908 (resized).jpgIMG_20200327_124908 (resized).jpg

#4110 4 years ago
9F54691A-7F1A-479B-8E10-1C6168B0F280 (resized).jpeg9F54691A-7F1A-479B-8E10-1C6168B0F280 (resized).jpeg
#4111 4 years ago

Anyone else feel like this:

#4112 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well thanks for being honest anyway.
There is a difference between a considered opinion I sometimes disagree with (you) and what I consider willful ignorance or one-side cheerleading (others). I just think some things should be above politics and this is one of them - the experts should be leading us through this, not the politicians.

I appreciate that.

#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

As one of the moderators, let me explain why I personally think this thread is useful and why I advocate keeping it open, despite the hard-to-avoid "political bs" and multiple moderation notices:
It may help saving lives later and I hope you will find useful information (again, look for key posts if you want to decrease noise...) and perhaps some comfort.
Believe me, I now live in a ghost town and it's kind of scary.
It would be so much easier for us to close this thread!

Thanks for keeping it open...it is appreciated!

#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What does this have to do with my response
To Levi changing 30 lamp sockets out?

Nothing. My Quote referenced another post!

This is from Fox via the Atlantic.

Previously, estimates were 200,000....but flawed, because all these estimates, assumed Treatment.

"In a worst-case scenario, without serious mitigation efforts, hospital beds in the U.S. could be full by April and 2.2 million Americans could die of the virus – not to mention those who would die of other ailments because they couldn’t get medical care – a study from the Imperial College London concluded, according to The Atlantic."

Is 2 Million deaths, worth opening the country, and further overwhelming healthcare?

I Dont have the Answer, I know in my family we are disagreeing using this number....

#4116 4 years ago

There are over 440 posts since I was last here yesterday. I would like to tell you that I have read them all bit no one would believe me

anyway, this is something that came in my mail yesterday. Enjoy.

Of course, the part about staying home if you feel sick might be a problem if you run out of money.

PREZ (resized).jpegPREZ (resized).jpeg

#4117 4 years ago

Michigan in the crosshairs now?

“ After T**** Attacks Whitmer, She Says Vendors Aren't Sending Desperately Needed Coronavirus Supplies”

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/articles/after-trump-attacks-whitmer-she-says-fed-supplies-delayed

#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I hope this is allowed? Eeep
[quoted image]

It will be interesting to see who will right, when it is all over.

#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I hope people are supporting the mom and pop takeout places, the McDonald’s of the world will survive this no matter what, not sure about the smaller places.

Yep. Thai place and mexican joint on our block got our business this week. She's heading to the bakery now to pick up a nice fresh Challah!

#4121 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A Positive one!

AWESOME stuff right there

#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A Positive one!

That’s flippin awesome!

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There are over 440 posts since I was last here yesterday. I would like to tell you that I have read them all bit no one would believe me
anyway, this is something that came in my mail yesterday. Enjoy.
Of course, the part about staying home if you feel sick might be a problem if you run out of money.
[quoted image]

Mine arrived Wednesday. I shed a tear and feel a bit better.

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It will be interesting to see who will right, when it is all over.

It's grim that it gets boiled down to that, but such are the times, eh?
After it's all over, the only way skeptics will admit to being wrong would be if there were mass deaths, and no one wants that.
Bit of twisted game theory, that.

#4125 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. Thai place and mexican joint on our block got our business this week. She's heading to the bakery now to pick up a nice fresh Challah!

Yes, please support mom and pop restaurants. Experts are saying that over 50% will close and never open again.

#4126 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just register and you get free access now.

Pro tip for accessing the NYT articles now that they’ve dropped the paywall on the coronavirus content:

Many common domains have had “guest@“ accounts set up so that you can get past forced registration. Just yesterday I was able to get on using “[email protected]”, pw: guest

Hope that helps!

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Yes, please support mom and pop restaurants. Experts are saying that over 50% will close and never open again.

and most of them you can't really even support at this point even if you want to.

#4128 4 years ago

Highlights from the 3/27 NY Governor's briefing:
-Schools throughout the state will remain closed another 2 weeks until April 15th. They will continue child care, meal, and distance learning programs. The situation will be reassessed at that point. If the number of cases continue to rise, then schools will remain closed another 2 weeks (which would be May 1st).
-Apex of cases could be in about 21 days (April 17th)
-Equipment and supplies (masks, gloves, gowns, ventilators) are being stockpiled in anticipation of that need, and will be distributed to the hospitals and facilities that need it.
-Need 140,000 beds. Currently have 53,000 beds.
-Need 40,000 ICU beds with ventilators. Have 3,000 beds & ventilators.
-4 week plan to get there:
--hospitals need to increase capacity, FEMA & Army Corps prepping 4 temporary emergency hospital sites.
--Plans for preparing another 4 temporary emergency hospital sites, pending approval from the president.
--That gets to about 93,000 beds.
--Navy ship USNS Comfort arriving in NY harbor on Monday with 1,000 beds & medical personnel.
--Also looking at CUNY dorms (29,000 beds)
--Also looking at a hotel & nursing home
-cases are continuing to increase, but the increase in cases is slowing. Now doubling every 4 days.
-The number of beds & ventilators needed are based on data & projections from the CDC, Weill Cornell, McKinsey & Company
-Non-essential construction is going to be stopped.

#4129 4 years ago

Bill finally passed - heading to POTUS.

#4130 4 years ago

Following up on my earlier post. Here's Cuomo's briefing today. Overall very informative, but if you want to see a heck of a speech to workers, jump to 35 minutes. It starts about there.

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love me some Thai food!

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

-Schools throughout the state will remain closed another 2 weeks until April 15th. They will continue child care, meal, and distance learning programs. The situation will be reassessed at that point. If the number of cases continue to rise, then schools will remain closed another 2 weeks (which would be May 1st).

Based on this, and that recovery time can be 7-20 days, I'm not expecting to see the lockdown in NY to be lifted before June.

#4133 4 years ago

City and county beaches were closed Monday and Tuesday. Today Doheny state beach won't allow cars. I've never seen this. Just bikes and walkers and joggers. The very few golf courses open looks like they stopped taking tee times starting Monday. It was odd not to see any boats out in the water either. Pretty sure these are signs of things becoming more restrictive around here, not less. My electric bike is a blast to have in these times.

20200327_094327 (resized).jpg20200327_094327 (resized).jpg
#4134 4 years ago

Could be worse.
Tossing a potential laugh in the mix.

#4135 4 years ago

If you are for throwing Faucci, old people, NYC, Science, California, certain Governors, GM, China, Oprah, news media, Obama, or anyone other than the people who were in the (very early) know and in charge of our national response - you need to better understand how we got here.

If you waste one breath or keystroke talking about how this is no worse than the flu, that it pales in comparison to many other ways to die, you are encouraging vulnerable people to take this less seriously.

If you are spending effort on any of the above - either here or on Twitter, Facebook, Nextdoor or whatever - you are an unhelpful distraction from the tasks at hand and working to cause people to take this with less seriousness than this deserves.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-coronavirus-test-that-wasnt-how-federal-health-officials-misled-state-scientists-and-derailed-the-best-chance-at-containment/ar-BB11MJRy

#4136 4 years ago

Thread Notice:

I truly appreciate everyone pitching in with information, insights, anecdotes, and even injecting humor. I am really sorry that some have gotten too political and it turns others off. I hope that you are all enjoying the thread, however, and can look past some of the frustrations that we are all feeling surrounding these circumstances.

I am very glad that we are able to keep this thread open to share information with everyone. It has been difficult for the Mods. Please bear with us. We truly want to be fair to all, in order that everyone can enjoy.

Please use the abuse report for anything you feel warrants it. You can also use the moderator feedback form. Heck, send me a PM...i will get back to you.

Thank you all for being part of this thread and sharing with us. My thoughts go out to you all.

#4137 4 years ago
CRbJ6IxW0AAwAju (resized).jpgCRbJ6IxW0AAwAju (resized).jpg
#4138 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Following up on my earlier post. Here's Cuomo's briefing today. Overall very informative, but if you want to see a heck of a speech to workers, jump to 35 minutes. It starts about there.

Nice video. Thank you. I did catch this; It went by real fast. It feels strange to see a military gathering with that much space between the soldiers. When I was in the military it was always shoulder-to-shoulder or nuts-to-butts.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 12.58.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-27 at 12.58.38 PM (resized).png

#4139 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I love me some Thai food!

Me too. Like I said, pre virus probably eating it three times a week!

Told you I'm dropping a few pounds through this whole thing!

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nope. Not right now. And that is a total bummer, because I help support a few mom and pop places. One especially that I would be really bummed about if they are not able to survive the economic hit. But I just can't risk it right now. But what is more important? A Rib Eye & Risotto that is one of the best things I've ever tasted or my health? The best pizza in the world (eggplant and black olive by my local shop) or my health?

This all has to pass before I start letting someone else cook food and handle dishes for me again. I don't mind the normal risks of life, but this one has me spooked. And yeah, someone very close to me (the closest person in the world to me) caught it. So I'm being even more careful now.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nice video. Thank you. I did catch this; It went by real fast. It feels strange to see a military gathering with that much space between the soldiers. When I was in the military it was always shoulder-to-shoulder or nuts-to-butts.
[quoted image]

The reporters were in a similar seating arrangement in previous briefings.

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The best pizza in the world

We’ve been making our own pizzas instead of ordering like we usually would...with kids home 24/7, no school, sports practices etc lots of time to fill...lots, lots, oh god there is a lot of time, so much.

Suppose we’ll look back on this as a unique moment in the kid’s lives, being able to connect...if all our friends and family live of course. If it goes south, memories won’t be so great.

#4143 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nope. Not right now. And that is a total bummer, because I help support a few mom and pop places. One especially that I would be really bummed about if they are not able to survive the economic hit. But I just can't risk it right now. But what is more important? A Rib Eye & Risotto that is one of the best things I've ever tasted or my health? The best pizza in the world (eggplant and black olive by my local shop) or my health?

Same here. I'd rather limit my potential exposure to be as low as possible.

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Today Doheny state beach won't allow cars.

Looks like business as usual to me.

doho-feature (resized).jpgdoho-feature (resized).jpg
#4145 4 years ago

As for food, you could see if they can make it and not bake it. Then you bring it home and cook it yourself. It doesn't survive baking.

#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why should smaller states be protected exactly? Why should the will of the people be based on geography? In today’s world, when pretty much everyone can pack up and move where they want? Where you live is much more of a choice now. And what about the “protections” of the millions of others disenfranchised people?

Because that was the deal, i.e. Constitution, when they joined and fought to preserve he Union - and the oil, gas, chemicals, minerals, crops and multitude of other resources and cultural diversity they contribute deserve a meaningful voice.

#4147 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

My electric bike is a blast to have in these times.[quoted image]

Sweet ride, and i'm not even an eBike fan.

#4149 4 years ago

Sorry if this is deemed political, but seemed like info that some may want to know:

NPR Station Stops Airing Trump Coronavirus Briefings For ‘False Information’

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/npr-donald-trump-coronavirus_n_5e7dd6dec5b6256a7a28941d

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/83?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.