Topic Stats

• 21,249 posts
  • 516 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pinball_Gizzard
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,064 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
632156087 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210110-212343~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210109-135825~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210108-135004~2 (resized).png
ki7F73qMI7238_VB3t1r4Y8Yw_5bwYdW5OtJdhF5yTo (resized).jpg
5g covid (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 1.52.07 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 8.23.11 AM (resized).png
georgia (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

139 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21252 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 425.
#4052 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

There are many valid reasons and scholarly texts describing why the electoral college is antiquated, unfair and unfit for this democracy. How the country is MUCH much different now than then, and why it existed in the first place isn’t relevant now.

Last I checked... we were still a union of states- not one federal unit.

#4053 9 months ago

anyways, 25278 deaths and counting. Good morning.

#4056 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Last I checked... we were still a union of states- not one federal unit.

Doesn’t make my point any less valid.

#4057 9 months ago

Hey guys, this morning has been awesome! Love the dialogue. A good mix of ideas and perspectives! A nice stew!

Gotta go make that money, but I’ll be back! See ya later today!

#4058 9 months ago

You should get that checked out.

#4059 9 months ago

https://getusppe.org/

https://www.donateppe.org/

https://www.mask-match.com/

https://ppelink.wordpress.com/

Or search for your local hospital / news station for info about how to donate.

PPE is universally badly needed.

#4060 9 months ago

Doesn’t make my point any less valid.

Yes it does... because, like the makeup of the senate... the design is to ensure the simple majority don’t dominate. Yes how each state names it’s electors etc is funky etc... but the idea of a straight popular vote nukes the protections of the smaller states.

Electoral college is not perfect by any means.... but it serves a purpose over popular vote.

#4061 9 months ago
Quoted from chad:

I hear you there. !

I have read all those, but thank you.
What is missing is crossing those messages of hope, with what was happening at the top,
and the additional press meetings, that he tried to follow the leader, to get aide.
NY has gone back and forth, from Towing the line from the top, to outright screaming for help.
This position is True, just to get help.
It is however fail to criticize that they should have simply locked down, in defiance of leadership,
But hopefully we can share a belief as to how this would have been received as a Nation, and by Leadership, if they locked down sooner.

Here is a bit of the Timeline:

The numbers bear out that success. The first known case in New Rochelle was discovered March 2. By March 10, that number had shot up to 108 coronavirus cases, evidence of exponential growth. The containment zone was established two days later.

15 days ago.

Here is the Tweet in that time frame:

"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”"

So should they have locked the state down, in addition to the Outbreak area? Yes, perhaps, now in hindsight.

But at that time, it wouldnt have been tolerated, and maybe even today, there is debate on the legality of some of this....

I Understand you now, though, which is why I asked the ventilator question.

Hindsight makes everyone right, and Im not trying to be rude to you, but it allows one to
create views that are likely different than real time decisions.

#4063 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

The newspaper of record, with the highest amount spent on fact-checking, with a republican editorial board, is not "left" just because one guy built a flimsy narrative that everyone who reports facts is part of a cabal against him.
Just because new media ventures were started up to praise him like a North Korean god, that doesn't push all centrist publications "left". All that means is that serious people should discard his pomp and noise.
Lots of things to criticize NYT over. Being "skewed left" is not one of them.

Care to comment on the content of the articles I posted rather than nitpicking?

They all slant one way or another now days. Some more than others bit that wasn't really the point of my post.

#4064 9 months ago
118864F8-081D-4D2A-B1ED-48183B629497 (resized).jpeg
#4066 9 months ago
50718AC9-3CB6-431E-9CC4-5E4324B9C8F9 (resized).jpeg
#4067 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes it does... because, like the makeup of the senate... the design is to ensure the simple majority don’t dominate. Yes how each state names it’s electors etc is funky etc... but the idea of a straight popular vote nukes the protections of the smaller states.
Electoral college is not perfect by any means.... but it serves a purpose over popular vote.

If you like things the way they are, that’s your prerogative. Agree to disagree.

Why should smaller states be protected exactly? Why should the will of the people be based on geography? In today’s world, when pretty much everyone can pack up and move where they want? Where you live is much more of a choice now. And what about the “protections” of the millions of others disenfranchised people?

#4068 9 months ago

Wish I had more upvotes for this (and more downvotes for others, as I seem to have exhausted mine for this session).
I would like this to be a sticky “Key Post” please. In fact, I’m going to cut and paste this to repost every time some ignoramus bashes the NYT.

Let's stay focused on the topic instead of avoiding the elephant in the room.

Did you read those articles? Are they from reputable, unbiased news outlets? What are your thoughts after reading them?

I still am waiting to hear from the New Yorkers here how Diblasio and ultimately Cuomo's slow responses to their city and states situation is a acceptable given the criticisms of Trump and the feds for basically the same type of blunders.

#4069 9 months ago

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, not his own set of facts". Daniel Moynihan

#4072 9 months ago

I am a registered Republican (there, I sacked up ) but am not exactly thrilled with everything President Trump says or does. There are many days I wish I could just tell him to stop talking or stop tweeting! Some things I agree with some I don’t. I am not “pretending” or trying to “fool” anyone about anything. I like to hear and truly understand opposing views. Sometimes an opposing viewpoint opens my eyes and changes my mind about how I feel about something. This is why I wanted to engage with you specifically a few days ago and we had good conversation, it gave me lots to think about. thefamilyarcade has many valid points but he undermines his own points and validity by putting in political bs. That’s what needs to stop. In my opinion, people would listen to his and other’s points more if they left that stuff out of it. That’s all I was trying to ask of him and others. Carry on...

#4073 9 months ago

Can we just put Dr. Fauci interviews on a loop as the only content on all TV channels, YouTube, and Twitch for a week?

#4074 9 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I am a registered Republican (there, I sacked up ) but am not exactly thrilled with everything President Trump says or does. There are many days I wish I could just tell him to stop talking or stop tweeting! Some things I agree with some I don’t. I am not “pretending” or trying to “fool” anyone about anything. I like to hear and truly understand opposing views. Sometimes an opposing viewpoint opens my eyes and changes my mind about how I feel about something. This is why I wanted to engage with you specifically a few days ago and we had good conversation, it gave me lots to think about. thefamilyarcade has many valid points but he undermines his own points and validity by putting in political bs. That’s what needs to stop. In my opinion, people would listen to his and other’s points more if they left that stuff out of it. That’s all I was trying to ask of him and others. Carry on...

Well thanks for being honest anyway.

There is a difference between a considered opinion I sometimes disagree with (you) and what I consider willful ignorance or one-side cheerleading (others). I just think some things should be above politics and this is one of them - the experts should be leading us through this, not the politicians.

#4075 9 months ago

Dude, I’ve been moderated like 40 times in this thread. Relax. There’s no “bias” here except Confirmation bias. Most of us are trying to walk a tightrope here.

#4076 9 months ago

This maybe says more about how things are normally treated...you may have just dunked on yourself

#4077 9 months ago

You are not alone. I have been a Pinsider for going on 5 years and just received my first moderation notice ever. All I was trying to do was keep this thread on track by asking fellow Pinsiders to try and leave politics out of it which IS a Pinside rule and I was moderated.

#4078 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:This maybe says more about how things are normally treated...you may have just dunked on yourself

Posterized! Now I’m really out. See ya later.

#4079 9 months ago

I don’t understand why people get bent out of shape about being moderated, they’re in a tough spot as this topic is damn near impossible to discuss honestly without some political talk. Personally I think they’ve done a pretty good job, all things considered.

#4080 9 months ago

The other thing is this thread moves so fast, the people
Who are moderated are the only people who think they get moderated.

You think most people are going back 2 pages to see if someone else got shanked by a mod?

#4081 9 months ago

As one of the moderators, let me explain why I personally think this thread is useful and why I advocate keeping it open, despite the hard-to-avoid "political bs" and multiple moderation notices:

It may help saving lives later and I hope you will find useful information (again, look for key posts if you want to decrease noise...) and perhaps some comfort.

Believe me, I now live in a ghost town and it's kind of scary.

It would be so much easier for us to close this thread!

#4082 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:You think most people are going back 2 pages to see if someone else got shanked by a mod?

I’ve been removed several times but keep coming back! Like a virus

#4083 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The other thing is this thread moves so fast, the people
Who are moderated are the only people who think they get moderated.
You think most people are going back 2 pages to see if someone else got shanked by a mod?

This thread needs a moderation scoreboard.
Wonder who’s in the lead?

#4084 9 months ago

Cuomo making a historic speech right now. wow.

#4085 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wickerman2= Athletes foot

#4086 9 months ago

This one aged like milk:

“I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands." - Boris Johnson, 3rd March

#4087 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I wish I had this "eject virus" option for covid-19!

Capture d’écran 2020-03-27 à 17.06.04 (resized).png
#4088 9 months ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Cuomo making a historic speech right now. wow.

paraphrase?

#4089 9 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You are not alone. I have been a Pinsider for going on 5 years and just received my first moderation notice ever. All I was trying to do was keep this thread on track by asking fellow Pinsiders to try and leave politics out of it which IS a Pinside rule and I was moderated.

I was actually moderated for another reason than what I stated, it was for a comment I made to another Pinsider regarding this topic. To the mods, I stand corrected.

#4090 9 months ago

He was talking to the people working in this fight of how they will look back on all of this 10 years from now and shed a tear because of all the bad stuff they will have seen, but they will know that they showed up and helped.
I can't do it justice. Should be required viewing.

#4092 9 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

As one of the moderators, let me explain why I personally think this thread is useful and why I advocate keeping it open, despite the hard-to-avoid "political bs" and multiple moderation notices:
It may help saving lives later and I hope you will find useful information (again, look for key posts if you want to decrease noise...) and perhaps some comfort.
Believe me, I now live in a ghost town and it's kind of scary.
It would be so much easier for us to close this thread!

Right on! If you can’t take it, go talk about pinball. Can you disable the up-down votes in this section? Seems a gang are going around just down voting even relevant posts.

#4093 9 months ago

He got applause after from the army corp. He's just taking questions now. It will be all over the place later. Powerful stuff.

#4094 9 months ago

Does anyone have facts about the usefulness of ventilators? I heard that 95% of the people in Wuhan placed on ventilators ended up dying. I dont know if its true or not .

#4095 9 months ago
Quoted from Astill:

Does anyone have facts about the usefulness of ventilators? I heard that 95% of the people in Wuhan placed on ventilators ended up dying. I dont know if its true or not .

Straight from the local hospitals - from my neighbor is a E.R. doctor and from a report yesterday from the person in charge of hospitals in France: Ventilators save lives... but sadly not all of them - not even close, but not as bad as 5%. The longer you have to stay with vent assistance, the lower your chances of making it.
Also depends on your age.

#4097 9 months ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

It will be all over the place later. Powerful stuff.

21 more days till their possible peak, damn!

#4098 9 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have read all those, but thank you.
What is missing is crossing those messages of hope, with what was happening at the top,
and the additional press meetings, that he tried to follow the leader, to get aide.
NY has gone back and forth, from Towing the line from the top, to outright screaming for help.
This position is True, just to get help.
It is however fail to criticize that they should have simply locked down, in defiance of leadership,
But hopefully we can share a belief as to how this would have been received as a Nation, and by Leadership, if they locked down sooner.
Here is a bit of the Timeline:
The numbers bear out that success. The first known case in New Rochelle was discovered March 2. By March 10, that number had shot up to 108 coronavirus cases, evidence of exponential growth. The containment zone was established two days later.
15 days ago.
Here is the Tweet in that time frame:
"The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”"
So should they have locked the state down, in addition to the Outbreak area? Yes, perhaps, now in hindsight.
But at that time, it wouldnt have been tolerated, and maybe even today, there is debate on the legality of some of this....
I Understand you now, though, which is why I asked the ventilator question.
Hindsight makes everyone right, and Im not trying to be rude to you, but it allows one to
create views that are likely different than real time decisions.

What does this have to do with my response
To Levi changing 30 lamp sockets out?

#4099 9 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

21 more days till their possible peak, damn!

Yeah, that’s pretty unsettling.
Stay strong New Yorkers, stay healthy.

#4100 9 months ago

I just hope this ends soon, I’m going to be 400lbs if I keep trying to singlehandedly keep all my favorite local spots in business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,999.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 139.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
There are 21252 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 425.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside