272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 576.
#4001 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Definitely some passionate opinions here, perhaps some of you should do something about it and run for office?
Seem to have an answer for everything so you fit right in.
This thread is worse than watching the evening bash sessions on CNN.

Running for office is nothing more than a popularity contest. Most people don't like the truth, and most people without agendas have no desire to run for office.

#4002 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Been a master tech for 28 years. Been out of work since Tuesday, so I’m bored right now.

And you said to me months ago your job was solid. Goes to show how f@cked we are right now. But everything is just beautiful. Take care. I am still working but my wife will be done soon.

#4003 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are comparing an average over a year to an absolute measurement (not averaged)

And this is going to end by Easter, right?
Death rate growing at roughly 33% a day. In 14 days, we will be at 70,000 deaths.

I used days as my unit of time....14 of them.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Running for office is nothing more than a popularity contest. Most people don't like the truth, and most people without agendas have no desire to run for office.

Plus the $$$. Takes a lot of $$$ to run, and then afterwards leadership expects you to spend most of your time grubbing for more $$$. It is even more soul crushing than watching those in charge sip wine as Rome burns.

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And this is going to end by Easter, right?
Death rate growing at roughly 33% a day. In 14 days, we will be at 70,000 deaths.
I used days as my unit of time....14 of them.[quoted image]

LOL. okay dude. you freak out much?

#4006 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

LOL. okay dude. you freak out much?

Math is hard, I know.

#4007 4 years ago

Yeah, that’s like saying we’re at 15 and will soon be ZERO. Fucking delusional!? Am I right? Can I get a HELLYEAAAH?!!

#4008 4 years ago

Math is just a form of science and we know all science is fake.

“Hunches” are where it’s at.

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, damn that electoral college and Constitution. It only applies with where I agree with it too.

I said majority rule. Not the electoral college. Guess you missed that part?

And yes, I think 250 years after the constitution was written some changes are necessary. They’re called “amendments”, and we need one to abolish the electoral college. So that the majority of Americans hopes and dreams aren’t highjacked by a bunch of yahoos gaming the system.

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

that skew left like The NY Times

The newspaper of record, with the highest amount spent on fact-checking, with a republican editorial board, is not "left" just because one guy built a flimsy narrative that everyone who reports facts is part of a cabal against him.
Just because new media ventures were started up to praise him like a North Korean god, that doesn't push all centrist publications "left". All that means is that serious people should discard his pomp and noise.

Lots of things to criticize NYT over. Being "skewed left" is not one of them.

#4011 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Math is hard, I know.

That's what many don't get. This is literally a math problem. Remember those word problems in algebra that everyone hated so much? This is the practical application of that.

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

And you said to me months ago your job was solid. Goes to show how f@cked we are right now. But everything is just beautiful. Take care. I am still working but my wife will be done soon.

It is solid, recession solid. This is different. I’m still employed. Voluntary dealership closedown til apr 7th. May go on longer if Gov Baker deems so. Essential is all well and good, but when I’m the only one willing to get into everyone’s car, well, things get done slowly. Owner decided not worth the risk. Other 5 techs were acting like it’s the plague. I put gloves on, Hand-sanitized, before and after repairs.

Up until we closed we still had customers trying to schedule in.

#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Yeah, that’s like saying we’re at 15 and will soon be ZERO. Fucking delusional!? Am I right? Can I get a HELLYEAAAH?!!

Yep, he broke the cardinal rule of this, disagreeing with the echo chamber.

#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Please do share a link or two. If the states officials are trying to get resources, and in doing so
need to tow the line with the Presidents view, to gain favor, then yes, they should have disagreed
even stronger. Sadly, that line of disagreement is so unnerving to the top, we see today, a
straight "NO" for more Ventilators.
So yes, they should have shut down the city early, but NO, Trump was in a position to affect this decision bigly.
But please do share, I cant find articles as you describe....

Your wish is my command:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/nyregion/coronavirus-bill-de-blasio.html

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/de-blasios-senior-staff-in-near-revolt-over-his-coronavirus-response/

https://www.cityandstateny.com/articles/politics/new-york-city/coronavirus-de-blasios-

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/new-york-coronavirus-explainer/index.html (See slow response portion of article)

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True. But I also have to replace 30 light sockets. Such garbage!

I hear you there. !

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

That's what many don't get. This is literally a math problem. Remember those word problems in algebra that everyone hated so much? This is the practical application of that.

And you don't even have to be good at it on your own. Math weenies have literally created internet calculators for every equation you can think of. Boy, my 6th grade math teacher would be pissed if she knew what we know now! "What happens if you don't have a calculator?!? Show your work!!"

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Yep, he broke the cardinal rule of this, disagreeing with the echo chamber.

Yea, damn those medical experts. Funny how when all this started the deniers were constantly saying "numbers don't lie!!", but now, when people present them numbers they don't like...those numbers mean nothing.

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Go back and read my comments here over the past 7-10 days. I’ve already said on numerous occasions that if the goal was to truly stop the spread across the country, air travel in and out of NYC, Seattle, etc should have been locked down byTrump at the same time (or earlier) as he did Europe. I’ve been saying this here and to friends and family for almost 3 weeks now.

It was dude.

#4019 4 years ago

Haha, this.
Interesting how people bash others for blindly supporting their elected officials, only to do the same..
They all dropped the ball because very few of them have a medical background.

#4021 4 years ago

Can we just outlaw math already, along with the first amendment, or at least suspend them indefinitely?

These are dangerous times and we can’t allow things like math and free press to make things worse.

#4022 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So there you go again claiming to know what MOST think or want.

Your wrong.

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I said majority rule. Not the electoral college. Guess you missed that part?
And yes, I think 250 years after the constitution was written some changes are necessary. They’re called “amendments”, and we need one to abolish the electoral college. So that the majority of Americans hopes and dreams aren’t highjacked by a bunch of yahoos gaming the system.

You do understand why the Constitution and the electoral college were written they way they were, right? Nothing has changed in that regard. If anything, those reasons are even more amplified now.

#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, damn those medical experts. Funny how when all this started the deniers were constantly saying "numbers don't lie!!", but now, when people present them numbers they don't like...those numbers mean nothing.

20200327_110032 (resized).jpg20200327_110032 (resized).jpg
#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your wrong.

No, you're wrong.

*cough* dry cough.

In all seriousness though - it's not something we are going to agree on and forum rules prohibit me for going into detail of why it's my stance. Rest assured it's not as insulting as you may think. It's just the rule of averages.

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The newspaper of record, with the highest amount spent on fact-checking, with a republican editorial board, is not "left" just because one guy built a flimsy narrative that everyone who reports facts is part of a cabal against him.
Just because new media ventures were started up to praise him like a North Korean god, that doesn't push all centrist publications "left". All that means is that serious people should discard his pomp and noise.
Lots of things to criticize NYT over. Being "skewed left" is not one of them.

Wish I had more upvotes for this (and more downvotes for others, as I seem to have exhausted mine for this session).

I would like this to be a sticky “Key Post” please. In fact, I’m going to cut and paste this to repost every time some ignoramus bashes the NYT.

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Math is hard, I know.

So at what magic number of deaths per day do we go back to work then? Easter is a dream so scared people have some light. This virus will still be raging and everyone will have to go back to work. Or is it only fair that grocery, factory, amazon warehouse, and healthcare workers risk their families lives?

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You do understand why the Constitution and the electoral college were written they way they were, right? Nothing has changed in that regard. If anything, those reasons are even more amplified now.

It's important to remember that the electoral college helps wealthy land owners in sparsely populated states control the government instead of those fickle "people" who live near the coasts.
What do those schlubs even know, what with their avocado toast and their yearning to be free?

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Your wrong.

I know how “most” wanted the last election to go. But that’s that “math” that Levi was talking about. And it’s dangerous!

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Go back and read my comments here over the past 7-10 days. I’ve already said on numerous occasions that if the goal was to truly stop the spread across the country, air travel in and out of NYC, Seattle, etc should have been locked down byTrump at the same time (or earlier) as he did Europe. I’ve been saying this here and to friends and family for almost 3 weeks now.

Yes, and Ive been saying this since January.

I am waiting for your links. I dont disagree governors "should have done better, or earlier"
But they take their Leads from the President, whom you equally criticize.

The Buck stops at the top. Blaming Governors right now, is rhetoric from Newscorp and relations,
to deflect from the top.

Fine to disagree, so draw the line Now. NY has been begging for weeks for Ventilators.
Trump says no more you have enough, TODAY. If people die because of a Ventilator shortage, who
is responsible? The Governor? Or the President?

That answer is where I hope I can understand your position.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

we can’t allow leftist tools like math

Yeah, cuz that's negative territory! Stay positive, motherfucker!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#4033 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

So at what magic number of deaths per day do we go back to work then? Easter is a dream so scared people have some light. This virus will still be raging and everyone will have to go back to work. Or is it only fair that grocery, factory, amazon warehouse, and healthcare workers risk their families lives?

That is a question for the guys who make the big bucks. Cuomo was discussing this yesterday that at some point they may have to blend who can work and who must stay home based on risk categorizations. He mentioned young people going back first, which I do not agree with them necessarily being less at risk. I think it is really too early to know right now. But until the curve flattens, I am not sure we have an option. So get people to stay home and stop mingling if you want to get back to work sooner is the only advice I have.

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

If people start dropping like flies at all those 'necessary' establishments, people are going to be walking off jobs. There is a point where people will just say f*ck it.

#4035 4 years ago

I know how “most” wanted the last election to go. But that’s that “math” that Levi was talking about. And it’s dangerous!

The left and right armpit of this country are exactly why the electoral college will never EVER go away.

The heart of the country matters.

#4036 4 years ago

The dumbass was shaking hands with his own task force at the podium as recently as last week.

Every time this thread turns into a political shitshow, you (@thefamilyarcade) are at the center of it. We get it...you hate President Trump...and you have that right. I personally fall somewhere in the middle regarding him. Almost every one of your posts has some snide political comment. Please stop with all of the inflammatory and pointed comments that just gets everyone riled up so that this thread does not continue to get derailed and can stay on track. This is a VERY important thread with a ton of good information within it, lets all try to keep it that way. It benefits all of us...the more “good” info the better. Some small piece of info that someone reads here could save their life! I only singled you out, there are definitely others, because I feel you are the biggest offender of the Pinside rule regarding politics...please don’t take it personal. Thank you!

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Amplified? Please. Now you’re just being ridiculous. Or political. Or maybe ignorant and/or lazy.

Yes, I know when it was necessary at the time. 250 years ago.

There are many valid reasons and scholarly texts describing why the electoral college is antiquated, unfair and unfit for this democracy. How the country is MUCH much different now than then, and why it existed in the first place isn’t relevant now.

Not to mention that it now consistently works against the MAJORITY wishes of this country. That doesn’t work for me. You’re saying it works for you?

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If people start dropping like flies at all those 'necessary' establishments, people are going to be walking off jobs.

Yeah that seems to be lost in the avalanche of happy talk and bullshit...as the situation becomes more dire and the death counts Grow and hospitals become overrun, what makes these people think that workers are going to be eager to put on their Applebee’s uniform or man the cash register at Penny’s?

There’s only
So much you can control and as the situation deteriorates it’s gonna be harder to convince shoppers and non-essential workers to go about their business as if nothing is happening.

That pesky media will keep showing the world what’s actually happening and that may clash with the beautiful Easter plans.

#4039 4 years ago

My favorite conspiracy theory is that this is all being politically orchestrated to ensure that Trump doesn’t get reelected. Which is laughable. During times of crisis/war a presidents approval rating always goes up. Which is what has happened again. What really is going to matter is how this ends.

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It will be great if the House can make these changes....I this happening now?
I wish a BiPartisan Committee made the decisions.
4.5 Trillion is a big issue.

It’s already in the Senate version, so it’s good from that standpoint. It just needs the House to pass it and hopefully the Rep from KY or some rogue Dem doesn’t get cute and stop it.

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It's important to remember that the electoral college helps wealthy land owners in sparsely populated states control the government instead of those fickle "people" who live near the coasts.
What do those schlubs even know, what with their avocado toast and their yearning to be free?

This and other reasons. Bottom line is that in 21st century America NO VOTE should be worth more than any other vote. That is NOT true representative democracy. Especially in the age of the Internet.

#4042 4 years ago

My local dump of a golf course is still open. I looked up Trump National in Palos Verdes. Been playing the course on a yearly basis with guys at a club from San Diego when our club is overseeding or when they aerate the greens. Perfect course to play in these times, as its expensive and out of the way. But they are not accepting tee times for at least the next 30 days. Says the property is open. Probably for take out food. Seemed odd to me.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

My local dump of a golf course is still open. I looked up Trump National in Palos Verdes. Been playing the course on a yearly basis with guys at a club from San Diego when our club is overseeding or when they aerate the greens. Perfect course to play in these times, as its expensive and out of the way. But they are not accepting tee times for at least the next 30 days. Says the property is open. Probably for take out food. Seemed odd to me.

I know in Florida most courses are open, but some counties like Miami/ Dade have ordered them close.

#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My favorite conspiracy theory is that this is all being politically orchestrated to ensure that Trump doesn’t get reelected. Which is laughable. During times of crisis/war a presidents approval rating always goes up. Which is what has happened again. What really is going to matter is how this ends.

I think it's going to actually work to his benefit. It's practically shut down all other hot topics and election news. On top of that...who wants to bet if this goes on the elections get delayed? Probably won't happen, but I guarantee someone in particular is going to bring it up and suggest it before november.

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it's going to actually work to his benefit. It's practically shut down all other hot topics and election news. On top of that...who wants to bet if this goes on the elections get delayed? Probably won't happen, but I guarantee someone in particular is going to bring it up and suggest it before november.

I still think it’s all going to matter how this plays out

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/81?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.