272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 576.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think u know the answer to that

I actually enjoy switching between CNN and Fox. CNN spends too much time trying to bash Trump (they have good reason to but it does grow tiresome) and Fox switches up their time constantly coming up with new narratives to Shift blame away from Trump. After weeks of downplaying this whole mess, once they realized that was no longer possible they shifted to blaming China and the governors and mayors and city councilmen, dog catcher, etc. who should have done a better job handling the matter. It’s quite entertaining. Occasionally some rebel on Fox will hint at a smidgen of blame, that possibly the Pres could have handled something better. Then Trump tweets that Fox has lost its way and isn’t the Great News outlet they used to be.

#3902 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200327-014506~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-014506~2 (resized).png
#3903 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200327-015111~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-015111~2 (resized).png
#3905 4 years ago

Somebody remind me when it's Friday.

#3906 4 years ago

Stats based on cell phone location indicate that 17% of inhabitants of the Greater Paris area have left the city between March 14 and 16.
Add to that that there is virtually no tourist left as compared to the usual 100,000 on a given day. So over 1,100,000 people less than usual.

Could you have been good news for the local Parisians hospitals... but they are still flooded with patients.

And these 1 million Parisians are now actively spreading their germs nation wide.
Population of an island on the Atlantic coast (Ile de Ré) increased by 30%. And I am not even sure there is a hospital there!

#3908 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200327-022417~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-022417~2 (resized).png
#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Somebody remind me when it's Friday.

been there done that, only 3 hours 30 mins till Saturday

#3910 4 years ago

Summary of our current knowledge on Coronavirus vaccine development (extract from a prestigious and highly read scientific journal, Nature, March 26 issue - probably one of the most reliable sources available):

- Do people develop immunity?
Most researchers assume that people who have recovered from SARS-CoV-2 infection will be protected from reinfection. But evidence is needed. In studies, laboratory animals do not seem to become reinfected when exposed to the virus for a second time. Researchers will be looking for evidence that humans react in the same way. How long any immunity might last is another big unknown.

- What kind of immune response should vaccine developers look for?
A clinical trial that began last week focuses on a vaccine developed by Moderna, a company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The vaccine consists of an RNA molecule that is designed to train the immune system to make antibodies that recognize and block the protein that the virus uses to enter human cells. However, a successful SARS-CoV-2 vaccine might also need to prompt the body to generate antibodies that block other viral proteins, or make T cells that can kill infected cells.

- How do we know whether a vaccine will work?
Normally, vaccines go into human trials after tests for safety and effectiveness in animals. But vaccines being developed by US drug firms Moderna and Inovio Pharmaceuticals are being tested in animals in parallel with human phase I trials. Vaccinated animals will be infected with the virus to see whether they are protected. As researchers learn more about the infection from human and animal studies, they will get a better sense of which vaccines are likely to work best.

- Will it be safe?
Researchers’ main safety concern is to avoid ‘disease enhancement’, in which vaccinated people who do get infected develop a more severe form of the disease than people who have never been vaccinated. Larger human studies of the Moderna vaccine will begin only once human and animal studies confirm that the vaccine is safe.

By Ewen Callaway

#3911 4 years ago

... And from the same source (Nature, March 26), Covid-19 vs other diseases.
Remember that both R0 and fatality rates are only estimates - they will be refined over time.

At first glance, Covid-19 is not as bad as it seems, but is still a bit more deadly than the 1918 flu (the "Spanish flu") and at least as contagious. And this 1918-1919 outbreak killed dozen of millions !

Capture d’écran 2020-03-27 à 09.40.09 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-03-27 à 09.40.09 (resized).png
#3912 4 years ago

Starting at midnight, Finland will isolate the southernmost Uusimaa region (with abt. 1.7 million people) for at least 3 weeks. The region has over 2/3 of all verified corona cases in Finland. Hopefully this will help flattening the curve.

#3913 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is worse is what they are doing to the economy. It’s a upper respiratory virus. It’s death rate is what, 1.5%? More people die from the flue every year. More people die from obesity and/or car accidents. Watch how many people die from the fucked up economy due to blowing this out of proportion.

False False False

In 2019, the NSC estimates 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes. 107 per day.
The CDC lists flu deaths at 34,200 for the 2018-2019 flu season, so 94 a day (not flue )
268 people died from COVID-19 in the US yesterday. And the curve is accelerating.

Stop spreading false narratives and wake up!!

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

False False False
100 people a day die in car accidents.
167 a day die from the flu. (not flue )
268 people died from COVID-19 in the US yesterday. And the curve is accelerating.

"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it".

#3915 4 years ago

I read where Larry David and Lloyd Braun donated $100,000 for the caddies at Riviera CC. Pretty cool that they helped the caddies, and that there is a real Lloyd Braun.

#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Summary of our current knowledge on Coronavirus vaccine development (extract from a prestigious and highly read scientific journal, Nature, March 26 issue - probably one of the most reliable sources available):
- Do people develop immunity?
Most researchers assume that people who have recovered from SARS-CoV-2 infection will be protected from reinfection. But evidence is needed. In studies, laboratory animals do not seem to become reinfected when exposed to the virus for a second time. Researchers will be looking for evidence that humans react in the same way. How long any immunity might last is another big unknown.
- What kind of immune response should vaccine developers look for?
A clinical trial that began last week focuses on a vaccine developed by Moderna, a company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The vaccine consists of an RNA molecule that is designed to train the immune system to make antibodies that recognize and block the protein that the virus uses to enter human cells. However, a successful SARS-CoV-2 vaccine might also need to prompt the body to generate antibodies that block other viral proteins, or make T cells that can kill infected cells.
- How do we know whether a vaccine will work?
Normally, vaccines go into human trials after tests for safety and effectiveness in animals. But vaccines being developed by US drug firms Moderna and Inovio Pharmaceuticals are being tested in animals in parallel with human phase I trials. Vaccinated animals will be infected with the virus to see whether they are protected. As researchers learn more about the infection from human and animal studies, they will get a better sense of which vaccines are likely to work best.
- Will it be safe?
Researchers’ main safety concern is to avoid ‘disease enhancement’, in which vaccinated people who do get infected develop a more severe form of the disease than people who have never been vaccinated. Larger human studies of the Moderna vaccine will begin only once human and animal studies confirm that the vaccine is safe.
By Ewen Callaway

antivirals are the most likely silver bullet, or at least the one we will see do real work first.

Vaccines will come down the road.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm sure it's coming our way next[quoted image]

Yup because the world is full of COVIDIOTS including here in Canada. Want an example..... My sister-in-law (SIL).

She had adopted a dog (17 years old) out of compassion about 1.5 years ago from an elderly couple that couldn't take care of the dog anymore. Flashforward to 3 days ago, the dog was crying and staying on the bed, peeing all over the place and clearly something was up.

My SIL calls her sister(my wife) and tells her to come over to her house to see the dog. She says "No. Under normal circumstances she would have but in the world of COVID, she can't risk getting infected because she has asthma and we don't want to compromise the kids".

Who is my SIL?
She's the type that kept getting visits up until 3 days ago from other people, kept going to McDonald's every morning to go pick up coffee, kept sending her kdi to other peoples places, kept going to see her parents (Her Dad: 75, heart conditions, high blood pressure and diabetic. Her Mom 72: Osteoporosis, diabetic and a weak immune system) every single day until the event.

What happened?
My SIL is deranged and also an alcoholic. At this point it's been a day since the dog has been put down. She has called the house around 10 times to give my wife shit and keeps telling her that she's a complete bitch for not going with her. Keeps trying to reinforce that she chose my family over hers and that she deserves to die with all of us in quote "all insert family name deserve to die". After roughly the 10th call I had had enough. I took the phone from my wife (who is incapable of giving her shit) and I gave her such a mouthful (not even sure where it all came from) and hung up the phone.

At this point, we know she is drunk but we fail to realize that she is yet again at her parents, completely wasted (2 bottles of red wine into her). Socializing for the last few hours with them (my in-laws are not the brightest either - I have no clue how my wife turned out the way she is). Her parents let her drink the last portion of her second bottle with them (they know fully well she's an alcoholic but don't intervene).

Now the SIL is all over herself....she doesn't want to go home (10 houses down) because she's too drunk. Instead of walking home what does she do? She calls her brother that works at Costco (prime COVID candidate) and tells him to come pick her up. So Covidiot #2 (BIL) shows up to pick her up. But instead of bringing her home, he brings her to his place. Covidiot #2 is probably the more stupid of the 2 and I wouldn't even want to step in his house (haven't since 6 years ago) since it's completely filthy. If you were to catch a disease you would go to his house.

At the house, she's so drunk that she slips on the concrete step and cracks her head open. Blood everywhere, huge gash in the back of her head, she's delirious. Covidiot#2 calls my wife. He's frantic doesn't know what to do and tells my wife to come help him. Again my wife says "no. Call 911". After 20 minutes she gets a call back. The paramedics are there and are pleading with Covidiot#1 to get into the ambulance so they can go to the ER for stitches and get a scan because they believe she has a serious concussion.

In typical fashion Covidiot #1 throws a tantrum scene. Covidiot#2 signs a waiver stating that he officially releases the paramedics. Covidiot #2 drives SIL home.

We get a phone call around midnight. My wife's father tells her that he is going to the ER with Covidiot #1. My wife says "No. You can't go. you are a prime target for this virus." Why doesn't husband of covidiot #1 go?...... he's high has a kite on pot.

At this point I'm lost, I've lost all compassion for anything in this situation. "I keep telling my wife it's not our problem....but at this point it is". My wife jets out of bed, grabs the keys and leaves. She picks up High husband and covidiot #1 and they drive her to the ER themselves. Once there get there they drop her off and leave her there. High boy and SIL go in H. He drops her offs, sanitizes himself and gets back in the car.

Fast forward now 3 days. We have been exposed more than we should have been. My wife has put her life in danger as well as mine and the kids because of at least 3 covidiots.

My SIL exposed everyone (13 people):
Herself
Her two kids
Her husband
Her brother
Myself
My wife
Our two kids
Her parents
The paramedics

Because of her lack of rational thinking.

I am now known in our family circle as "CAPTAIN COVID". Yet I am the one doing groceries for her parents and mine. I've been out of the house 3 times in the last 14 days to go to the grocery store 1 mile away from home. I wear gloves and safety glasses. I make sure to sanitize before I go in and when I go out. That's my footprint. That's the way I envision keeping it for the foreseeable future. and if everyone did the same instead of drive out to McDonald's and their hairdresser this thing would be over in 3 months. But it won't be I'm forecasting a pretty lonely Xmas this year because some people just don't get it.

What's the saying: You can pick the wife but not the in-laws?

Rant over. #FML

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This may be the rum talking but read if you want.....
I made over 99K so I get no relief so why should I even pay taxes when they don’t benefit me in times of need like this.

People that are in desperate situations can be dangerous. I'd rather live among a population that's not scared about getting thrown to the street or where their next meal is coming from than one that is. That could be seen as a spillover benefit to people in your situation.

#3919 4 years ago

My goodness, there are some really despicable people in this world. Fauci under fire. Accused of being a “deep state stooge”. Who are the loons that say this stuff? And who are the loons that believe it? Feel free to represent, as I’d like to be able to stop guessing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-trump-signals-readiness-to-break-with-experts-his-online-base-assails-fauci/2020/03/26/3802de14-6df6-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

I hope people realize that undermining the health and welfare of the country is sabotage. The people discrediting Fauci are not good Americans.

#3920 4 years ago

This is more of a question and line of thought based on a lot of reading than a statement:

Lots of people stating the flu is worse still. One thing that is being found as we learn more is that there is a growing thought that the 'real bad flu' we had this season was actually the coronavirus going around, we just didn't know it at the time. Many people who had the same symptoms (the worst of them) were tested for flu back as early as October but tested negative - including a family member of mine. This leads to the thought that many of the flu deaths were actually undiagnosed corona deaths that were stated as flu and/or pneumonia. Of course, I'm not really clear if we can prove or disprove this theory or not.

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

People that are in desperate situations can be dangerous. I'd rather live among a population that's not scared about getting thrown to the street or where their next meal is coming from than one that is. That could be seen as a spillover benefit to people in your situation.

Additionally, those taxes are paying for every day things that you do benefit from, not just this. This is a special case.

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yup because the world is full of COVIDIOTS including here in Canada. Want an example..... My sister-in-law (SIL).
She had adopted a dog (17 years old) out of compassion about 1.5 years ago from an elderly couple that couldn't take care of the dog anymore. Flashforward to 3 days ago, the dog was crying and staying on the bed, peeing all over the place and clearly something was up.
My SIL calls her sister(my wife) and tells her to come over to her house to see the dog. She says "No. Under normal circumstances she would have but in the world of COVID, she can't risk getting infected because she has asthma and we don't want to compromise the kids".
Who is my SIL?
She's the type that kept getting visits up until 3 days ago from other people, kept going to McDonald's every morning to go pick up coffee, kept sending her kdi to other peoples places, kept going to see her parents (Her Dad: 75, heart conditions, high blood pressure and diabetic. Her Mom 72: Osteoporosis, diabetic and a weak immune system) every single day until the event.
What happened?
My SIL is deranged and also an alcoholic. At this point it's been a day since the dog has been put down. She has called the house around 10 times to give my wife shit and keeps telling her that she's a complete bitch for not going with her. Keeps trying to reinforce that she chose my family over hers and that she deserves to die with all of us in quote "all insert family name deserve to die". After roughly the 10th call I had had enough. I took the phone from my wife (who is incapable of giving her shit) and I gave her such a mouthful (not even sure where it all came from) and hung up the phone.
At this point, we know she is drunk but we fail to realize that she is yet again at her parents, completely wasted (2 bottles of red wine into her). Socializing for the last few hours with them (my in-laws are not the brightest either - I have no clue how my wife turned out the way she is). Her parents let her drink the last portion of her second bottle with them (they know fully well she's an alcoholic but don't intervene).
Now the SIL is all over herself....she doesn't want to go home (10 houses down) because she's too drunk. Instead of walking home what does she do? She calls her brother that works at Costco (prime COVID candidate) and tells him to come pick her up. So Covidiot #2 (BIL) shows up to pick her up. But instead of bringing her home, he brings her to his place. Covidiot #2 is probably the more stupid of the 2 and I wouldn't even want to step in his house (haven't since 6 years ago) since it's completely filthy. If you were to catch a disease you would go to his house.
At the house, she's so drunk that she slips on the concrete step and cracks her head open. Blood everywhere, huge gash in the back of her head, she's delirious. Covidiot#2 calls my wife. He's frantic doesn't know what to do and tells my wife to come help him. Again my wife says "no. Call 911". After 20 minutes she gets a call back. The paramedics are there and are pleading with Covidiot#1 to get into the ambulance so they can go to the ER for stitches and get a scan because they believe she has a serious concussion.
In typical fashion Covidiot #1 throws a tantrum scene. Covidiot#2 signs a waiver stating that he officially releases the paramedics. Covidiot #2 drives SIL home.
We get a phone call around midnight. My wife's father tells her that he is going to the ER with Covidiot #1. My wife says "No. You can't go. you are a prime target for this virus." Why doesn't husband of covidiot #1 go?...... he's high has a kite on pot.
At this point I'm lost, I've lost all compassion for anything in this situation. "I keep telling my wife it's not our problem....but at this point it is". My wife jets out of bed, grabs the keys and leaves. She picks up High husband and covidiot #1 and they drive her to the ER themselves. Once there get there they drop her off and leave her there. High boy and SIL go in H. He drops her offs, sanitizes himself and gets back in the car.
Fast forward now 3 days. We have been exposed more than we should have been. My wife has put her life in danger as well as mine and the kids because of at least 3 covidiots.
My SIL exposed everyone (12 people):
Herself
Her two kids
Her husband
Myself
My wife
Our two kids
Her parents
The paramedics
I am now known in our family circle as "CAPTAIN COVID". Yet I am the one doing groceries for her parents and mine. I've been out of the house 3 times in the last 14 days to go to the grocery store 1 mile away from home. That's my footprint. That's the way I envision keeping it for the foreseeable future. and if everyone did the same instead of drive out to McDonald's and their hairdresser this thing would be over in 3 months. But it won't be I'm forecasting a pretty lonely Xmas this year because some people just don't get it.
Rant over. #FML

Sorry for your situation. Nothing worse than your partner thinking the pandemic is a joke when you as a provider are trying to protect your family. You are not alone.

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My goodness, there are some really despicable people in this world. Fauci under fire. Accused of being a “deep state stooge”. Who are the loons that say this stuff? And who are the loons that believe it? Feel free to represent, as I’d like to be able to stop guessing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-trump-signals-readiness-to-break-with-experts-his-online-base-assails-fauci/2020/03/26/3802de14-6df6-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html
I hope people realize that undermining the health and welfare of the country is sabotage. The people discrediting Fauci are not good Americans.

Nothing happening here that you couldn’t see coming from 50 miles away. I’m sure the Fauci smearing will filter it’s way down to pinside within a matter of days, if not hours.

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

The message is cute, but is it wrong that I'm more impressed they cut the (damaged?) legs off a portable sign and embedded the marquee in a masonry pedestal?

#3925 4 years ago

Who is my SIL?
What happened?
Herself
Her two kids
Her husband
Her brother
Myself
My wife
Our two kids
Her parents
The paramedics
I am now known in our family circle as "CAPTAIN COVID". Yet I am the one doing groceries for her parents and mine. I've been out of the house 3 times in the last 14 days to go to the grocery store 1 mile away from home. I wear gloves and safety glasses. I make sure to sanitize before I go in and when I go out. That's my footprint. That's the way I envision keeping it for the foreseeable future. and if everyone did the same instead of drive out to McDonald's and their hairdresser this thing would be over in 3 months. But it won't be I'm forecasting a pretty lonely Xmas this year because some people just don't get it.
Rant over. #FML

This is why I screen my calls.

#3926 4 years ago

People like to say that the majority of humanity is good. I think the internet is proving daily that the bulk of humanity are only good when forced to be. Actual 'good' people are rare.

#3927 4 years ago

Who is my SIL?
What happened?
Herself
Her two kids
Her husband
Her brother
Myself
My wife
Our two kids
Her parents
The paramedics
Rant over. #FML

Your wife is lucky to have you! I hope it all turns out for everyone, including your covidiots-in-law. Wear the Captain Covid badge with honour!

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

The message is cute, but is it wrong that I'm more impressed they cut the (damaged?) legs off a portable sign and embedded the marquee in a masonry pedestal?

It's just sitting on the masonry pad.

#3929 4 years ago

UK Prime Minister tests positive for covid19

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

It's just sitting on the masonry pad.

Don't think so.... where is the metal bottom for the sign frame?

sign2 (resized).pngsign2 (resized).png

If it was just sitting on the masonry with no bottom metal frame, if you picked the frame up the corrugated plastic letterboard would fall out. Also it would be prone to tipping over in a breeze... The concrete appears to surround and go all the way against that plastic panel. (And if the frame was resting in shallow depression only deep enough to hide the bottom metal, it could still tip over).

It appears to be a nicely crafted if overdone "hack"... as some might say

#3931 4 years ago

Adam Serwer is one of the best writers in America today, and nails it as usual: https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1243152762961113091?s=19
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1242115311496826883?s=09

Interesting new chart today, showing the RATE of change
IMG_20200327_085115 (resized).jpgIMG_20200327_085115 (resized).jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/jshkatz/status/1243212488893779970?s=19

#3932 4 years ago
#3933 4 years ago

Thanks for the link.

#3935 4 years ago

My Morning Point of being pissed.
With infinite wisdom, the chosen one doesnt "feel" the numbers of people
getting critically sick will be as high, and no more ventilators for New York.
He shares, "They have enough".
WTF?

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My Morning Point of being pissed.
With infinite wisdom, the chosen one doesnt "feel" the numbers of people
getting critically sick will be as high, and no more ventilators for New York.
He shares, "They have enough".
WTF?

Trump did a thing on Hannity last night. Check the transcripts but I think the current strategy going forward is to blame governors he doesn't like
Screenshot_20200327-091434~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-091434~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-091457~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-091457~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200327-092000~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-092000~2 (resized).png

Screenshot_20200327-093421~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200327-093421~2 (resized).png
#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Trump did a thing on Hannity last night. Check the transcripts but I think the current strategy going forward is to blame governors he doesn't like[quoted image][quoted image]

Because he wont win NY, but he could swing the others.
The bias and rhetoric is about the election.
Sometimes it seems thats more important than lives.

#3938 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Starting at midnight, Finland will isolate the southernmost Uusimaa region (with abt. 1.7 million people) for at least 3 weeks. The region has over 2/3 of all verified corona cases in Finland. Hopefully this will help flattening the curve.

Wish our government had isolated our hotzones. We stopped travel from Europe but tried to pretend it wasn't already breaking out domestically in NYC, Seattle, and some pockets of California. On top of that, they're still allowing people to leave or flee these areas which ensures spread into other pockets of the couhtry.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I actually enjoy switching between CNN and Fox. CNN spends too much time trying to bash Trump (they have good reason to but it does grow tiresome) and Fox switches up their time constantly coming up with new narratives to Shift blame away from Trump. After weeks of downplaying this whole mess, once they realized that was no longer possible they shifted to blaming China and the governors and mayors and city councilmen, dog catcher, etc. who should have done a better job handling the matter. It’s quite entertaining. Occasionally some rebel on Fox will hint at a smidgen of blame, that possibly the Pres could have handled something better. Then Trump tweets that Fox has lost its way and isn’t the Great News outlet they used to be.

Its good to know u switch it up every now and then.....I won't debate politics as we both know where that will end.....the good news is you'll have another 4 years to complain

#3940 4 years ago

The "kissing" of the ring will be required to tap into the 4.5 Trillion Money grab.
This is abuse.

Thats the most I can say without getting in trouble.

Source: 2nd hand from former WH chief of staff.

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Secondly, I would like to be very clear that the moderator team would like to encourage discussion, information, and experiences concerning the coronavirus and discourage political speak, personal attacks, and other such website violations.

So far so good!

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Because he wont win NY, but he could swing the others.
The bias and rhetoric is about the election.
Sometimes it seems thats more important than lives.

Maybe that’s why Florida gets supplies and NY doesn’t? May not be reason but statements like that make you suspicious.

https://www.propublica.org/article/heres-why-florida-got-all-the-emergency-medical-supplies-it-requested-while-other-states-did-not

#3943 4 years ago

We can agree on that.

#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The "kissing" of the ring will be required to tap into the 4.5 Trillion Money grab.
This is abuse.
Thats the most I can say without getting in trouble.
Source: 2nd hand from former WH chief of staff.

I'm reading other things. That the dems did get an oversight committee put in place so that Trump isn't the oversight (which he wanted to be).

#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Spot on, slow down the exposure so hospitals are not overwhelmed but you will be exposed eventually and have to build an immunity towards it. The high risk and elderly need to quarantine until they find a vaccine or drug that helps.

This is not a new idea! Consensus is not just being reached. A lot of us have been saying this for three weeks. And now there’s movement to go back the other way, because the fools that didn’t get it the first time are being suckered.

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm reading other things. That the dems did get an oversight committee put in place so that Trump isn't the oversight (which he wanted to be).

Yes, there is a small committee, but it is still up to Mnuchin, and his reporting wont come out until 6 months of disbursements. Businesses that dont support him, will simply get less.
His personal battle with Bezos shines, in how the game is played.
Using the Pandemic, and the Stimulus, as a tool for personal gain in re-election should be called out.

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its good to know u switch it up every now and then.....I won't debate politics as we both know where that will end.....the good news is you'll have another 4 years to complain

I think it is safe to assume that regardless of outcome, I will complain another 4 years. If I play my cards right, I will get to complain for another 30-40 years.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is worse is what they are doing to the economy. It’s a upper respiratory virus. It’s death rate is what, 1.5%? More people die from the flue every year. More people die from obesity and/or car accidents. Watch how many people die from the fucked up economy due to blowing this out of proportion.

You sound like a guy trying to sell a used car.

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, there is a small committee

Probably just release an IG report that will last 5 minutes in our blow torch news cycle and be forgotten. If they can’t enforce actual rules, it’s pretty meaningless with these guys.

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

False False False
In 2019, the NSC estimates 38,800 people lost their lives to car crashes. 107 per day.
The CDC lists flu deaths at 34,200 for the 2018-2019 flu season, so 94 a day (not flue )

According to President last night everything is beautiful. This persons beautiful that’s persons beautiful. Beautiful!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.