Topic Stats

• 21,358 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by robm
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,075 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21360 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 428.
#3851 9 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The reason I'm sad about it is that I don't think Pinburgh will happen this year, so I won't get to play it again.

I really hope you’re wrong... this would have been my first time going to Pinburgh.

#3852 9 months ago

This may be the rum talking but read if you want.....
Look, a complete shutdown is impossible. But all the people out and about ARE not all essential/critical services/jobs.

They could LITERALLY shit down EVERYTHING but healthcare/police/fire and utilities. Government aid should step in to not give money...but perhaps work with grocers to supply food and deliver it in as non contact of a way as possible. So trucking industry would be needed but they are pretty isolated. There is a better way to distance everyone than what we are doing.

My belief however is from an economic standpoint people of power And wealth that have the means to protect themselves have lots to gain once we recover from this. Throwing money in people’s pockets is NOT the answer. I made over 99K so I get no relief so why should I even pay taxes when they don’t benefit me in times of need like this. Politics aside it does not matter who was running the country. No one was prepared to tackle this. No president has the balls to shut a country down a month in advance. Why is there ANY air travel allowed??? Local authorities should should have state borders shut down!!! If they were serious about this isolation they would have National Guard/military shitting down ALL non essential travel. Threaten people with fines and jail for being out is a JOKE!!! They are RELEASING people from jail.

The truth is government knows people are DUMB and PANICKY ANIMALS...so shutting down a whole country when the average person cannot understand the threat that is coming would cause a huge uproar.

We have done too little too late to flatten the curve. Watch the numbers....can’t say how bad it’s really gonna get but we have not peaked in the US....too many people out and about. Many have the virus and don’t know.

Stay safe everyone!!!

#3853 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Hard to see in the other picture but, yeah I have 5' high fencing around two trees. Have to install around the other 3 tomorrow. Next week getting some plum and pear trees also. Always enjoyed gardening and growing fruit. Great way to help when the apocalypse sets in. Deer meat, fruit and vegies.

Man, you guys got real farms.

#3854 9 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

They could LITERALLY shit down EVERYTHING

I believe that is the rum talking and the rum is right

#3855 9 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I believe that is the rum talking and the rum is right

What’s everybody like for rum around here?

#3856 9 months ago

Well, it's official.

.006% of the world's population has now been reported as positive with the coronavirus. What are our chances of survival?

#3857 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is worse is what they are doing to the economy. It’s a upper respiratory virus. It’s death rate is what, 1.5%? More people die from the flue every year. More people die from obesity and/or car accidents. Watch how many people die from the fucked up economy due to blowing this out of proportion.

You have a big puffy chest until one of your family or friends is infected. Then the reality will sink in. If someone had a bowl of 100 skittles and tells you a couple of them will cause you a certain death, are you going to eat one?

#3858 9 months ago

End if the day tallies. USA with 17224 new cases and 268 deaths. Italy will pass China tomorrow.
pasted_image (resized).png

#3859 9 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Krakan, Captain....really I like just about any rum, but I doubt I've had the really good stuff.

#3860 9 months ago
Quoted from finman2000:

You have a big puffy chest until one of your family or friends is infected. Then the reality will sink in. If someone had a bowl of 100 skittles and tells you a couple of them will cause you a certain death, are you going to eat one?

Wait...are they green skittles...cause...I like those odds...

#3861 9 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Well, my daughter is named Morgan. Pretty much tells you what I drink. Just don't tell my wife that's why I picked the name. LOL

#3862 9 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You completely missed the point...A COMPLETE SHUTDOWN IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I’m not talking about the economy at all...I’m talking about the millions that have to work so we as humans can survive in this country.
Let me go slow for you as to what happens if we do this total shutdown you speak of and close the following...
Hospitals and those associated with healthcare - people die
Grocery stores - no food/people die
Pharmacies - no drugs/people die
Gas stations - no supply chain
Power plants - no electricity
Electric companies - same as above
Water companies - no running water/people die
Waste treatment facilities - disease/people die
Gas companies - no heat or fuel
Data/internet providers - collapse
Law enforcement - anarchy/people die
Fire fighters - people die
911 call centers - people die
Ambulance companies - people die
Financial institutions - collapse
Railroad workers - no supply chain
Truck drivers - no supply chain
Any job critical to the supply chain including warehouse operations and delivery - no goods
All branches of the military
and any job associated with maintaining our national security - terrorism/war/people die
The media - no information
My point was clearly made in post #3496...here it is again just for you...
Most of the above millions of workers finish their day of work and then go home or out to run essential errands, which continues to spread the virus. I AGREE 100% WE NEED TO KEEP AS MANY PEOPLE HOME AS POSSIBLE. This will slow the spread and help not overload our hospitals and health system. But to those that think a few weeks or even months of a lockdown will stop this are mistaken...this will spread throughout our nation regardless...we just want it to spread as slow as possible. Until a vaccine/cure is found this will have to run its course. Everything we can do no matter how insignificant it may seem will help “flatten the curve” and buy us more critical time to find effective treatment.
I’ve noticed you seem to follow me around and downvote me every chance you get...are you enjoying yourself? Do you get it now???

well said....theres no reasoning with that guy so don't even try....

#3863 9 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, We are #1!

He was right! I AM tired of all the winning!

#3864 9 months ago

expecting America’s Most Haunted 2020 Extra Spooky LE announcement any day now

#3865 9 months ago
Quoted from finman2000:

You have a big puffy chest until one of your family or friends is infected. Then the reality will sink in.

Nah.

But him gasping for breath thru a ventilator might get the message across.

#3866 9 months ago

Singapore, China, and South Korea, almost back to normal.
Help and advice offered first week of January.
We followed a different Path, because we are Smarter!
Now, We are Number 1, and skyrocketing!
Mexicans closing Borders to prevent American Immigration.

#3867 9 months ago

Very stable genius at work:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/amid-coronavirus-crisis-trump-says-i-dont-believe-you-need-40000-or-30000-ventilators-2020-03-26

“I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals, sometimes they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

#3868 9 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Mexicans closing Borders to prevent American Immigration.

Is where I live considered part of old Mexico or new Mexico?

il_794xN.1264998413_ccr1 (resized).jpg
#3869 9 months ago

The original name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula" (in English, "town of our lady the Queen of Angels of the River Porciúncula")

Id say Mexico....

#3870 9 months ago

Cool. I knew they would know what to do.

#3872 9 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Release the Kraken!

IMG_7139 (resized).JPG

#3873 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

End if the day tallies. USA with 17224 new cases and 268 deaths. Italy will pass China tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Ouch.

Remember when it was just one person coming in from China? Seems like such a short time ago.

#3874 9 months ago

Better put troops at the border. Damn those Canadians and their Chinese steel

index.jpg
#3875 9 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Better put troops at the border. Damn those Canadians and their Chinese steel [quoted image]

Strange Brew!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

#3876 9 months ago
3u8ddj (resized).jpg
#3877 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I would like to leave it up to a state by state basis rather than a national lock down or a martial law situation. We are in lock down in CO but they leave the liquor and pot shops open as essential. I am trusting in most of my fellow Americans to take it seriously whether they live in a lock down state or not, still going to have idiots abusing the essential part even if it was a national order.

I agree except it was largely air travel in and out of hotzone cities here in the US that contributed significantly to spread around the country.

If some states get it under control on their own, should the feds allow travelers from states where there are still a lot of infections to travel via plane, etc . to low or disease free states?

Until we have an effective vaccine, allowing freedom of movement throughout the country makes it pretty difficult for states to get and maintain outbreak control.

#3878 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

2679586B-229B-41A1-94D8-FBAE46E27A36 (resized).jpeg
#3879 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I'm sure it's coming our way next

index(2).jpg
#3880 9 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image]

Either China is lying or they have an antedote for their people. I hope it’s the first. because of it’s the second, world war three is well underway.

#3881 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Cuomo’s been impressive.

I typically judge people more by actions than words. I still have my doubts Cuomo did enough early on the outbreak and feel Diblasio completely dropped the ball in NYC.

I'm not absolving Trump or the feds for their shortcomings as it pertains to testing, and not doing enough early either. While admittedly not close to what is happening in New York and hearing daily press conferences, I can't say I understand why New Yorkers are so happy with how their state and local government has handled things to this point.

#3882 9 months ago

It’s the few and far between useful links like this that keeps me coming back to deal with the horse ka ka in this thread. Thank you for posting.

#3883 9 months ago

It's official, that man still believes this is an overblown hoax, and he's petty (which we already knew). Someone give him the shit already. Force him to go shake hands, hug, and kiss the sick on the cheek. Walk his ass through an infected hospitals. Then when he asks for a ventilator say 'sorry, we don't have any more'.

#3884 9 months ago

NintendoBear was the canary in the coal mine.........

#3885 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree with most all of this, except the jogging/running stuff. It's a contact/area issue. Being outside out of reach isn't an issue. A little common sense goes a long way.

it's people jogging together. Basically any excuse to get outside, which is what he's getting at.

I have Italian friends: a new thing is going outside with a leash and claiming you're looking for your dog.

That type of shit.

#3886 9 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Stimulus calc, see if you qualify:

And you got a highlighted post for that?

I quit.

#3887 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

and feel Diblasio completely dropped the ball in NYC.
I'm not absolving Trump or the feds for their shortcomings as it pertains to testing, and not doing enough early either.

I suppose this is a start. Because up until now you’ve pretty much been defending trump at every turn as if he’s doing a great job, and bashing Diblasio in every post as if he was the sole person who caused this whole mess. Did you accidentally flip the channel on your tv from your normal news source?

#3888 9 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

NintendoBear was the canary in the coal mine.........

That thread seemed... fishy at best. If it was a prank, it hasn't aged well. If it wasn't a prank, well... we can only wonder, but some updates would have been telling.

OTOH, one that seemed possibly legit and I'm actually worried about is Travish. Anyone heard from him? He took a lot of flak for a poorly worded title but has been gone for a while.

#3889 9 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Either China is lying or they have an antedote for their people.

North Korea probably has the antidote.

#3890 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

And you got a highlighted post for that?
I quit.

Don’t quit. You can’t get your unemployment unless you are laid off or fired.

#3891 9 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I'm actually worried about is Travish. Anyone heard from him?

Yes

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-my-thread#post-5548355

#3892 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

it's people jogging together. Basically any excuse to get outside, which is what he's getting at.
I have Italian friends: a new thing is going outside with a leash and claiming you're looking for your dog.
That type of shit.

Yea I get it, I guess I forget I live in the middle of nowhere. I rarely see my neighbors lol.

#3893 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Release the Kraken!
[quoted image]

I feel this needs to be a highlighted post, that tentacle wall display is glorious! Having said that, Sailor Jerry comes a close second for me...

#3894 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I suppose this is a start. Because up until now you’ve pretty much been defending trump at every turn as if he’s doing a great job, and bashing Diblasio in every post as if he was the sole person who caused this whole mess. Did you accidentally flip the channel on your tv from your normal news source?

I get my news from a variety of sources. How about you?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/new-york-coronavirus-explainer/index.html

I am not defending Trump at all and have never defended his response to Covid19. I also voted 3rd party in 2016 btw so who is the partisan in this discussion?

This is my exact point. Some of you want to point that finger only at the feds but blow up at even the slightest insinuation that there have been guys at the state and local level that have dropped the ball as well.

I see the situation as one where there is plenty of blame to go around, and as the CNN article implies, that includes some of New York's officials.

#3895 9 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I'm actually worried about is Travish. Anyone heard from him? He took a lot of flak for a poorly worded title but has been gone for a while.

I reached out to him to make sure he was ok. He responded accusatorily asking why his thread was shut down. I responded and asked again if he was doing alright, and he continued asking about the thread.
I am 99.9% sure he is completely fine.
He deactivated his account right after.

#3896 9 months ago

I completely missed that turn of events...

#3897 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You mean this news source? I am not defending Trump at all. I get my news from a variety of sources. Do you?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/new-york-coronavirus-explainer/index.html

I think u know the answer to that

#3898 9 months ago

In other news, the girl that filmed herself licking the toilet seat did it 'because the coronavirus was getting more attention'.

#3899 9 months ago

A 1000 more hospital beds that aren't needed yet are set to dock in the port of Los Angeles. Care of the navy ship Mercy and the persuasiveness of Mr. Newsom. And the Don for cutting it loose. Hope if San Diego needs it they can have it back.

I heard there is a similar docking in New York.

#3900 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

A 1000 more hospital beds that aren't needed yet are set to dock in the port of Los Angeles. Care of the navy ship Mercy and the persuasiveness of Mr. Newsom. And the Don for cutting it loose. Hope if San Diego needs it they can have it back.
I heard there is a similar docking in New York.

My understanding is they are there to carry out operations your hospitals cant carry out because of Convid-19,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 122.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 9.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 8,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 5.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 21360 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 428.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside