272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 576.
#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does a McRib actually have any real pork in it?

Real pork fat.

#3802 4 years ago

Fat=Flavor

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, We are #1!
Who do I thank?
And this is now a headline:
Coronavirus: Mexicans demand crackdown on Americans crossing the border
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

Not only are they going to pay for the wall. They will also finish it...under budget

#3804 4 years ago

Oh, and docquest, remember when I told you when you left here during the Super Bowl, there would never be less traffic on the freeway?

I lied.

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

At least they didn't just straight-up assassinate him like they do most everyone else.

the nights still young

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

the nights still young

Nows the time

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Not only are they going to pay for the wall. They will also finish it...under budget

Holy.....profit.

#3810 4 years ago

I’m gonna pack 2 rants into one post.

It bugs me that people are making a big deal of the fact that the US has more infections than a country that’s 5 times smaller. We may get to #1 on a per-capita basis, but we’re a long way from there right now,

It annoys me that the statistics are focused on states (like GA) instead of big cities (like Atlanta). All of the metrics should be laser-focused on the top 50 US markets: Chicago, Atlanta, LA, Boston, etc. Yes I’m happy for the folks in small towns who have zero infections. Here in ATL and NYC we have real problems.

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh, and docquest, remember when I told you when you left here during the Super Bowl, there would never be less traffic on the freeway?
I lied.

LOL, things are certainly not the same as 6 weeks ago.

After I played that awesome Bally Skill in your garage I've moved that to my short list of future purchases once I free up some more space in the gameroom. Assuming I dont die or get laid off, or even worse both.

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m gonna pack 2 rants into one post.
It bugs me that people are making a big deal of the fact that the US has a few hundred more infections than a country that’s 5 times smaller. We may get to #1 on a per-capita basis, but we’re a long way from there right now,
It annoys me that the statistics are focused on states (like GA) instead of big cities (like Atlanta). All of the metrics should be laser-focused on the top 50 US markets: Chicago, Atlanta, LA, Boston, etc. Yes I’m happy for the folks in small towns who have zero infections. Here in ATL and NYC we have real problems.

Surprisingly Chicago seems to be in the best shape of all the urban areas, of course that can change, but Illinois was one of the first states to put the clamps down.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

LOL, things are certainly nice than 6 weeks ago.
After I played that awesome Bally Skill in your garage I've moved that to my short list of future purchases once I free up some more space in the gameroom. Assuming I dont die or get laid off, or even worse both.

I never did ask you, how was traffic that day?

Skill Roll is going back to Wisconsin to it's rightful owner AlexF. But his 4 Bagger will remain.

#3814 4 years ago

Just saw this. People stepping up. These people repurposed their facility to make face shields front line workers need in the hospitals. They are turning out 1000 face shields a day that can be cleaned and reused. They are donating their time and have a go fund me to help pay for the plastics to make the shields.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/3d-face-shields-for-health-care-workers

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yes I’m happy for the folks in small towns who have zero infections. Here in ATL and NYC we have real problems.

Which small towns truly have zero infections? We don't know until we have adequate testing which we still don't have.

#3816 4 years ago

I've been wondering about the war. They just announced all soldiers will need to stay put for the next 90 days. They did not mention if they would still be doing battle.

And VA hospitals are seriously short on beds.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Which small towns truly have zero infections?

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#3818 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You’ve got a serious hard on for trying to describe “how to shut things down”...when the only real answer is totally. Any deviation from that is risky. So, what is your point exactly? That a shut down hurts the economy? Ok. Granted. That people are going to suffer economically? Yup. That “we can’t shut down everything!”. Clearly.
Dude, what’s your point? We need a major shut down. If you want to be a part of the decision about how it gets done, then run for office. And if you get there, actually make an informed, educated decision. And don’t wait.
Every activity that opens up the populace and economy right now, spells disaster for the future economy. Do you get that?

You completely missed the point...A COMPLETE SHUTDOWN IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I’m not talking about the economy at all...I’m talking about the millions that have to work so we as humans can survive in this country.

Let me go slow for you as to what happens if we do this total shutdown you speak of and close the following...

Hospitals and those associated with healthcare - people die
Grocery stores - no food/people die
Pharmacies - no drugs/people die
Gas stations - no supply chain
Power plants - no electricity
Electric companies - same as above
Water companies - no running water/people die
Waste treatment facilities - disease/people die
Gas companies - no heat or fuel
Data/internet providers - collapse
Law enforcement - anarchy/people die
Fire fighters - people die
911 call centers - people die
Ambulance companies - people die
Financial institutions - collapse
Railroad workers - no supply chain
Truck drivers - no supply chain
Any job critical to the supply chain including warehouse operations and delivery - no goods
All branches of the military
and any job associated with maintaining our national security - terrorism/war/people die
The media - no information

My point was clearly made in post #3496...here it is again just for you...

Most of the above millions of workers finish their day of work and then go home or out to run essential errands, which continues to spread the virus. I AGREE 100% WE NEED TO KEEP AS MANY PEOPLE HOME AS POSSIBLE. This will slow the spread and help not overload our hospitals and health system. But to those that think a few weeks or even months of a lockdown will stop this are mistaken...this will spread throughout our nation regardless...we just want it to spread as slow as possible. Until a vaccine/cure is found this will have to run its course. Everything we can do no matter how insignificant it may seem will help “flatten the curve” and buy us more critical time to find effective treatment.

I’ve noticed you seem to follow me around and downvote me every chance you get...are you enjoying yourself? Do you get it now???

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never did ask you, how was traffic that day?
Skill Roll is going back to Wisconsin to it's rightful owner AlexF. But his 4 Bagger will remain.

Traffic wasn't bad. I was meeting some of my work peers for dinner and was almost on time.

I need to find some friends that will loan me games like that.

#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I had just got done planting some peach trees and apple trees.

Keep an eye on those new fruit trees.. Might want to think about throwing some chicken wire or predator piss around them. Otherwise those deer will likely eat the buds and kill the trees. At least that’s what happened to mine.

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Keep an eye on those new fruit trees.. Might want to think about throwing some chicken wire or predator piss around them. Otherwise those deer will likely eat the buds and kill the trees. At least that’s what happened to mine.

A decent canine will suffice.

#3822 4 years ago

Only in America?

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You completely missed the point...A COMPLETE SHUTDOWN IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I’m not talking about the economy at all...I’m talking about the millions that have to work so we as humans can survive in this country.
Let me go slow for you as to what happens if we do this total shutdown you speak of and close the following...
Any job critical to the supply chain including warehouse operations and delivery - no goods
and any job associated with maintaining our national security - terrorism/war/people die
Most of the above millions of workers finish their day of work and then go home or out to run essential errands, which continues to spread the virus. I AGREE 100% WE NEED TO KEEP AS MANY PEOPLE HOME AS POSSIBLE. This will slow the spread and help not overload our hospitals and health system. But to those that think a few weeks or even months of a lockdown will stop this are mistaken...this will spread throughout our nation regardless...we just want it to spread as slow as possible. Until a vaccine/cure is found this will have to run its course. Everything we can do no matter how insignificant it may seem will help “flatten the curve” and buy us more critical time to find effective treatment.
I’ve noticed you seem to follow me around and downvote me every chance you get...are you enjoying yourself? Do you get it now???

Spot on, slow down the exposure so hospitals are not overwhelmed but you will be exposed eventually and have to build an immunity towards it. The high risk and elderly need to quarantine until they find a vaccine or drug that helps.

#3824 4 years ago

A 90 year old grandma's family said all their last goodbyes... then she recovered.

#3825 4 years ago

Nominating this guy as the Pinside COVID mascot.

C5580BED-E134-4777-93FA-997C46992091 (resized).jpegC5580BED-E134-4777-93FA-997C46992091 (resized).jpeg
#3826 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Calm down man. You are correct, but even with those it will slow the spread...which is the point.

#3828 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A 90 year old grandma's family said all their last goodbyes... then she recovered.

That happened to me 3 years ago. She was really sick, they didn't think there was any saving her...kept getting worse every day. Per her instructions, me and my dad cleaned out her house and gave all her stuff away to family/charity. Then one day they said she wouldn't make it through the night, everyone came and said their goodbyes . Then she fully recovered. To this day she keeps saying "If I go again, don't get rid of my stuff until you're sure I'm dead". LOL.

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If you solder them it reduces the voltage. You are not supposed to solder wires on oxygen sensors on cars for that reason. At least that is what I have been told by mechanics. When I put headers on my Bette and took out the cats we had to buy extensions

It increases the voltage and reduces resistance. The harness and connectors are included in H02s calibrations. Once harness is damaged you throw the whole sensor out. Of course this is only in the 2 wires sending signals to the ECM, not the heater circuit itself. If any wires are damaged in a 6 pin sensor just replace the entire component.

#3830 4 years ago

Suddenly, New Yorkers aren't welcome anywhere else.

And it's not Friday yet.

DSCN6727 (resized).JPGDSCN6727 (resized).JPG
#3831 4 years ago

No athletic supporters on this weeks Sports Illustrated cover

FAAC224D-1F6F-4CFD-8BBB-EFEB3A350EEC (resized).jpegFAAC224D-1F6F-4CFD-8BBB-EFEB3A350EEC (resized).jpeg
#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like I was saying, this is worse than 9/11.
I was here for that too. This is just as strange.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/nyc-doctors-say-coronavirus-is-worse-than-9-11-theres-no-escaping-this/

With 9/11 it was terrifying that day, on the 12th I felt safe but angry, this is a different animal.

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

It increases the voltage and reduces resistance. The harness and connectors are included in H02s calibrations. Once harness is damaged you throw the whole sensor out. Of course this is only in the 2 wires sending signals to the ECM, not the heater circuit itself. If any wires are damaged in a 6 pin sensor just replace the entire component.

Ok. Something I did not know. One of many things. Thanks for the info.

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Spot on, slow down the exposure so hospitals are not overwhelmed but you will be exposed eventually and have to build an immunity towards it. The high risk and elderly need to quarantine until they find a vaccine or drug that helps.

Well said...this is exactly what I have been trying to get some people to understand...thank you.

#3835 4 years ago

Nice to see lots of critical thinking posts in this thread (likely, others got banned ).

Hoping we wisen up so we don't have to do this for the next 6 months -- it sucks. Lots of people still making brutally bad decisions.

This summed it up real well:

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So, at our current rate, do you think it's enough? Because I don't.

#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Nice to see lots of critical thinking posts in this thread (likely, others got banned ).
Hoping we wisen up so we don't have to do this for the next 6 months -- it sucks. Lots of people still making brutally bad decisions.
This summed it up real well:

I agree with most all of this, except the jogging/running stuff. It's a contact/area issue. Being outside out of reach isn't an issue. A little common sense goes a long way.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nobody knows, it’ll depend on the public.

#3839 4 years ago
Power Of  Social  Distancing (resized).jpgPower Of Social Distancing (resized).jpg
#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nobody knows, it’ll depend on the public.

That's the problem. The mindset that we're doing TOO much shouldn't even be in this discussion. Doing too little shouldn't be an option. Remember, at the beginning of all this, it was fine, it was overblown. Look where we are now. We've already spent too long not doing enough. If people including our leaders think we're doing too much? Then they obviously still believe this isn't a serious issue. They've done jack all to prove it though. We've been brainwashed to worship money. That's really what it all comes down to. It's just the sad truth.

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Calm down man. You are correct, but even with those it will slow the spread...which is the point.

I’m calm. Every little thing we can do matters, no matter how insignificant it may seem right now, but unfortunately there are real limitations.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would like to leave it up to a state by state basis rather than a national lock down or a martial law situation. We are in lock down in CO but they leave the liquor and pot shops open as essential. I am trusting in most of my fellow Americans to take it seriously whether they live in a lock down state or not, still going to have idiots abusing the essential part even if it was a national order.

#3843 4 years ago

Social Distancing?

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like I was saying, this is worse than 9/11.
I was here for that too. This is just as strange.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/nyc-doctors-say-coronavirus-is-worse-than-9-11-theres-no-escaping-this/

What is worse is what they are doing to the economy. It’s a upper respiratory virus. It’s death rate is what, 1.5%? More people die from the flue every year. More people die from obesity and/or car accidents. Watch how many people die from the fucked up economy due to blowing this out of proportion.

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Hard to see in the other picture but, yeah I have 5' high fencing around two trees. Have to install around the other 3 tomorrow. Next week getting some plum and pear trees also. Always enjoyed gardening and growing fruit. Great way to help when the apocalypse sets in. Deer meat, fruit and vegies.

90765724_3126277230736219_4302141132629868544_n (resized).jpg90765724_3126277230736219_4302141132629868544_n (resized).jpg
#3846 4 years ago

sigh...

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I’m calm. Every little thing we can do matters, no matter how insignificant it may seem right now, but unfortunately there are real limitations.

I have more problem with the messaging than the reality that we NEED some people working to keep society from collapsing.

Its a big problem when a large portion of the country really believes we can start moving toward something like “business as usual” soon. All of the experts are saying otherwise.

Speaking of experts; not a big surprise, but the smear campaign against dr. Fauci is in full force now. I really don’t think we’ll have his services for much longer.

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Hard to see in the other picture but, yeah I have 5' high fencing around two trees. Have to install around the other 3 tomorrow. Next week getting some plum and pear trees also. Always enjoyed gardening and growing fruit. Great way to help when the apocalypse sets in. Deer meat, fruit and vegies.[quoted image]

I’ve got a spice guy

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is worse is what they are doing to the economy. It’s a upper respiratory virus. It’s death rate is what, 1.5%? More people die from the flue every year. More people die from obesity and/or car accidents. Watch how many people die from the fucked up economy due to blowing this out of proportion.

Two weeks ago called. It wants all of this misinformation back.

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nominating this guy as the Pinside COVID mascot.[quoted image]

Awwww. Now I'm sad.

I've only played Andromeda once (well, actually about 20 times, but all during the same weekend). And that was at Pinburgh last year. I played it during the competition for the first time. And after the competition, I went back to it. Have you ever had that wonderful feeling of just clicking with a game? Not in the way of playing great, but just that you fell in love with the it? Of course you have, because you are a pinhead, and you're on a pinball site. That was me with Andromeda. I just wanted to play it again and again. Unfortunately after about 5 games on it, the game went down. However, if you have ever been to Pinburgh, you know that the tech staff there is just AMAZING! So the next time I went over there, it was working perfectly again. That meant I got to play it more

The reason I'm sad about it is that I don't think Pinburgh will happen this year, so I won't get to play it again. I realize that won't be a popular opinion, but I'm thinking that it will be just a bit too soon to have a thousand people from all over the world sharing flipper buttons. Oh crap, I was discussing pinball. Sorry guys, back to the end of the world...

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.