272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 576.
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

When have bankers been cool. They are a large part of the worlds problems

Oh, I agree. This is why I'm suggesting what I'm suggesting. Everyone has to be on board and some aren't going to do it out of the kindness of their hearts. The fact is the government is going to spend a ton of money no matter what we do, and we the taxpayers are going to be paying for this forever anyway, so why have people lose jobs and businesses in the process? Eliminate that from the equation.

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have the tool to do connectors and I can never get it to work correctly.

Fk that tool. I meticulously squeeze and solder the wire to each terminal. Aint never coming off.

#3753 4 years ago

Cuomo’s been impressive.

#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fk that tool. I meticulously squeeze and solder each one. Aint never coming off.

I solder each as well after I crimp. But crimping them on is a pain in the ass when you have big klutzy hands.

#3755 4 years ago

Can’t say areas are “low risk” for a tiered reopening without testing. Furthermore you can’t open one area and expect no travel? WTF? Another hair brained reactive idea. New approach every day it seems. What’s tomorrow’s new idea?

#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I solder each as well after I crimp. But crimping them on is a pain in the ass when you have big klutzy hands.

I read somewhere you shouldn't solder them, but that's better than the halfass way some of these are just pushed in at the factory.

I also use the heavy duty terminals that get a good bite on the pin when you push it on.

#3757 4 years ago

I can't say what I want to say that explains this, but look at his business history. It explains everything.

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And people were worried about food shortages. lol.
Is tomorrow Friday? MickyDs is still doing discount Filet O Fish. Drive thru only. I'll take two please.

Isn't going out for fast food a little like Russian roulette right now, even worse in weeks to come?

#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Isn't going out for fast food a little like Russian roulette right now, even worse in weeks to come?

I agree. I’ve gotten sick in the past from that crap, I always assumed from someone not washing their hands. We don’t eat it anymore. I can imagine them coughing, rubbing their nose, etc. and then serving up some hot snot on your burger. No thanks.

#3760 4 years ago

Not when you don't give a shit and are craving a Filet-O-Fish. Or two. Sure beats cooking sometimes.

My mindset is I am stronger than any virus they can throw at me, and I've got nobody to put at risk when I get home.

#3761 4 years ago

Just right now?

#3762 4 years ago

Well CDC is saying that you can't catch it from eating food that's been coughed on...not sure if I want to test the odds though.

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Cheesecake Factory took that into their own hands and said they weren't paying rent at any of their locations for April. Curious to see how that plays out.

At least in my area, I've heard Cheesecake Factory is still doing a pretty good take out business. Taking the stance they arent paying rent anywhere for April strikes me as pretty bold and questionable.

Are they a company not healthy at all financially? With many of their locations still open for take out, they can't afford to pay rent for a few months if they have to? Hard to believe.

#3764 4 years ago

It’s been Russian roulette long before Covid

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well CDC is saying that you can't catch it from eating food that's been coughed on...not sure if I want to test the odds though.

Just let it sit for 3 days and it should be fine.

#3766 4 years ago

Well, to be on the safe side, McDs is now asking what condiments you would like and are putting them in a small plastic bag.

Not sure what good that does, but I will post pics come Friday if I can figure out when that is.

I also ate Jack in the Box tacos right after a bunch of people died from that. 4 for a buck was hard to beat.

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

"Buried in the 900-page bill is a provision that would establish a $4.5 trillion corporate bailout fund, which will be overseen by Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin with very little oversight. Sure, a five-member oversight panel with appointees by House and Senate leaders will report to Congress every 30 days, but crucially, it won’t have the power to veto Mnuchin’s decisions."
online article
7 Trillion and growing....wonder why the market is behaving this way?
Who will pay for this?

I've been saying the same thing. How on earth can the market think spending and printing money on that level spells anything other then long term inflation and problems?

I've been a decent saver for most of my life which gives me some comfort at times like these. Problem is, it may not be worth much by the time I retire.

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it is pretty low risk. My greater concern would be touching something contaminated, then touching my face, especially something like a napkin. I try to keep a stash of napkins in the car which I know have been untouched for at least 24 hours. I also hand sanitize a lot.

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

At least in my area, I've heard Cheesecake Factory is still doing a pretty good take out business. Taking the stance they arent paying rent anywhere for April strikes me as pretty bold and questionable.
Are they a company not healthy at all financially? With many of their locations still open for take out, they can't afford to pay rent for a few months if they have to? Hard to believe.

That I don't know. It says only 27 of their 294 North American restaurants are open except for take-out.

#3770 4 years ago

Quarantine day 3: My mom is in a nursing home, so I can only call her. My girlfriend works in a nursing home, so she doesn’t want me out and about, otherwise no getting together and sexy time.
I’m in the north woods, and have a family of deer that come by, so trying to decide which one I like the least.
Also, today, I learned birds don’t pee.

Edit: isolation, not quarantine.

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Quarantine day 3: My mom is in a nursing home, so I can only call her. My girlfriend works in a nursing home, so she doesn’t want me out and about, otherwise no getting together and sexy time.
I’m in the north woods, and have a family of deer that come by, so trying to decide which one I like the least.

She should be the one in quarantine so you can be alone with your Big Daddy

#3772 4 years ago

She ice fishes, so I can’t screw that up. Better be a good boy.

#3773 4 years ago

In other news, we put a $15 million bounty on the Venezuelan head of state. A good time to overthrow foreign governments without much fanfare.

#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is tomorrow Friday? MickyDs is still doing discount Filet O Fish. Drive thru only. I'll take two please.

Speaking of McDonalds....I’ve been secretly hoping that they bring back the McRib when this thing finally passes

#3776 4 years ago

I decided to come back to the thread and offer a good read by a friend of mine. Stephen Fenech has Backpacked in 193 Countries Around the world And written 2 great books about his adventures. He is also an award winning filmmaker and photographer. Here is a picture of him at my house just before the virus hit. Please look him up! He is a very interesting person. I included a passage that mentions the notorious animal markets.
4624A4FC-0F9D-4FE4-AA2E-E814E7683CFF (resized).jpeg4624A4FC-0F9D-4FE4-AA2E-E814E7683CFF (resized).jpeg82C725C7-D58A-4707-B5F8-4B946E88D320 (resized).jpeg82C725C7-D58A-4707-B5F8-4B946E88D320 (resized).jpeg860DB7E3-6126-4443-B592-8FC101B2978F (resized).jpeg860DB7E3-6126-4443-B592-8FC101B2978F (resized).jpegEC6D94AC-FB47-43C7-A334-CE30C35B30D2 (resized).jpegEC6D94AC-FB47-43C7-A334-CE30C35B30D2 (resized).jpeg

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Was thinking the same thing when I took this picture today. Kind of hard to see them way in the back. They come through just about every evening.
I had just got done planting some peach trees and apple trees.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

In other news, we put a $15 million bounty on the Venezuelan head of state. A good time to overthrow foreign governments without much fanfare.

The other day on NBC with Lester Holt at the daily briefing, someone asked Trump to confirm if the FBI agent that Iran was holding died from the coronavirus....NBC cut it off and sent it back to the studio, where Lester Holt said “well, the press conference will continue while we send you back to regularly scheduled programming. Join us tonight on Nightly News for the latest updates”

Things that make you say ... hmmmmmm????

#3779 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’ve been secretly hoping that they bring back the McRib when this thing finally passes

Why wait? Real time.

"Here in my car, I feel safest of all... it's the only way to live.. in cars"

DSCN6723 (resized).JPGDSCN6723 (resized).JPGDSCN6724 (resized).JPGDSCN6724 (resized).JPG
#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Was thinking the same thing when I took this picture today. Kind of hard to see them way in the back. They come through just about every evening.
I had just got done planting some peach trees and apple trees.[quoted image]

They all look alike, but when together one always starts lowering her ears and kicking the others. That’s probably the one that should be in the freezer.

#3781 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why wait? Real time.
"Here in my car, I feel safest of all... it's the only way to live.. in cars"[quoted image][quoted image]

Heck ya!!!! Bring on McRibs now!!!!

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Cuomo’s been impressive.

Not sure who likes to hear himself talk more...Cuomo or Trump.

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

My girlfriend works in a nursing home, so she doesn’t want me out and about, otherwise no getting together and sexy time.
I’m in the north woods, and have a family of deer that come by, so trying to decide which one I like

I think the quote is funnier if truncated.

#3784 4 years ago

Tonight I am celebrating Wendell McAdams!
20200326_203212 (resized).jpg20200326_203212 (resized).jpg
Not sure why or what he did, and honestly, I'm not even gonna flip the card over to find out.

#3785 4 years ago

McDonald’s spits in your food. I mean, that‘s what fellow high school chums would do.
*Never give drive up people a hard time.

#3786 4 years ago

Heck ya!!!! Bring on McRibs now!!!!

That place is cranking! I drove over a curb and lost a hubcap to get that pic. lol.

Little Caesars is still cruising too, but it is not rush hour yet. Wait until the sun goes down.

DSCN6722 (resized).JPGDSCN6722 (resized).JPG
#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That place is cranking! I drove over a curb and lost a hubcap to get that pic. lol.
Little Caesars is still cruising too, but it is not rush hour yet. Wait until the sun goes down.[quoted image]

Screw Caesar’s, I’m going to flame broiler

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I read somewhere you shouldn't solder them, but that's better than the halfass way some of these are just pushed in at the factory.
I also use the heavy duty terminals that get a good bite on the pin when you push it on.

If you solder them it reduces the voltage. You are not supposed to solder wires on oxygen sensors on cars for that reason. At least that is what I have been told by mechanics. When I put headers on my Bette and took out the cats we had to buy extensions

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If you solder them it reduces the voltage.

Oh well, haven't noticed that yet and all my GI are bright and shiny, and everything else works.. And I'm really looking forward to Friday.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Screw Caesar’s, I’m going to flame broiler

That is the original Flame Broiler. Used to be a Shell gas station. To the right they sell bongs. And donuts.

#3790 4 years ago

Disney is re-releasing mulan this summer. Will they bring back schezuan sauce with the movie. Could it be a covid cure.

Only rick and morty will know for sure.

#3791 4 years ago

Speaking of McDonalds....I’ve been secretly hoping that they bring back the McRib when this thing finally passes

When pork gets cheap enough, they will...

#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

How much cheaper can it get?

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

How much cheaper can it get?

I don't know, but I've read that when it hit's a certain price point, that's when they bring McRibs back.

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't know, but I've read that when it hit's a certain price point, that's when they bring McRibs back.

Interesting

#3795 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Does a McRib actually have any real pork in it?

#3796 4 years ago

What percentage of the police force would have to be incapacitated for the National Guard or military to be utilized in that role? I read today NYPD has over 200 infected cops with a few thousand calling in sick.

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

At least they didn't just straight-up assassinate him like they do most everyone else.

#3798 4 years ago

Thanks Blitzburgh, now I want something I can’t have, story of my life.

#3799 4 years ago

Well, We are #1!

Who do I thank?

And this is now a headline:

Coronavirus: Mexicans demand crackdown on Americans crossing the border

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

#3800 4 years ago

Oh darn. Now they have closed the DMV.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.