Topic Stats

• 21,315 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,072 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
632156087 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21316 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 427.
#3701 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

zero chance their numbers are accurate....

Zero's is what's missing.

#3702 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I see a lot of calls for a total shutdown or lock down. Are you talking about martial law or the lock down honor system that they are practicing in the worst hit states?

no need for shutdown, maybe Cal, NY and a couple others. This virus is not a death sentence. If you are old or have existing conditions you can stay home.

#3703 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The peasants deserve a win once in awhile..

The “extra” cash will be a down payment on your medical debt.

#3704 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I see a lot of calls for a total shutdown or lock down. Are you talking about martial law or the lock down honor system that they are practicing in the worst hit states?

Honor system. If enough people dont obey, then escalation in some areas might be necessary.

#3705 9 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

no need for shutdown, maybe Cal, NY and a couple others. This virus is not a death sentence. If you are old or have existing conditions you can stay home.

See: news
Also: State borders can be crossed.

#3706 9 months ago

Me to Paul: We're living through a shitshow.. a scary, scary shitshow

Paul (not missing a beat): Do you think we should put yellow rubbers on Taxi?

Me: LOL .... no.

-Chrissi

#3707 9 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

This is why the numbers of actual cases are so much higher, if they posted the true numbers that are actually 10-40 times higher more people would take notice and follow the restrictions. My wife has been ill in bed for 6 days, called the 811 health line after 5 days and got told they are only testing health workers, hospitalized patients and extended care facilities so you know the true case totals are way off.

If she does get a test though, keep your wits about you. Because they’re gorgeous, and your wife might fall in love.

#3709 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well we have three kids at home (10, 12), and we've been in lockdown for two weeks.....its not easy, but mine seem to get it as they haven't complained at all. My biggest challenge is doing all the work of their teachers, and hoping they don't kill each other....the long term problem is my kids now say they would much rather be home schooled....ouch!

im over here already at 2 week lock down with my 9 year old twin grandkids..school closed until may15 ..i have no drugs or alcohol..im down to maybe 2lbs of mike and ikes to try to fend them off..the virus stopped by here late yesterday,took one look in the window at the chaos going on in here and left scared

#3710 9 months ago

Just watching the presidents daily briefing. He said he held a meeting (videoconference I assume) with the 50 governors and that it went well except for one troublemaker. He then said he took care of him and he’s no longer a problem. I wonder which governor had the gall to cause problems? And how was he taken care of? Anyone else see that?

#3711 9 months ago

My work for the day is done. Hope it doesn't take them too long to send out my paycheck.

Tomorrow I think I might tackle the slingshots and the drop target.

DSCN6721 (resized).JPG
#3712 9 months ago

"Buried in the 900-page bill is a provision that would establish a $4.5 trillion corporate bailout fund, which will be overseen by Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin with very little oversight. Sure, a five-member oversight panel with appointees by House and Senate leaders will report to Congress every 30 days, but crucially, it won’t have the power to veto Mnuchin’s decisions."
online article

7 Trillion and growing....wonder why the market is behaving this way?
Who will pay for this?

#3713 9 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If she does get a test though, keep your wits about you. Because they’re gorgeous, and your wife might fall in love.

Fake news. They’re beautiful and perfect, not gorgeous. Get your facts straight.

#3714 9 months ago

for anyone interested in actually learning, this is a really good video that breaks it down in a common language manner

#3715 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

took care of him and he’s no longer a problem

Well that eliminates ours as it.

#3716 9 months ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

im over here already at 2 week lock down with my 9 year old twin grandkids..school closed until may15 ..i have no drugs or alcohol..im down to maybe 2lbs of mike and ikes to try to fend them off..the virus stopped by here late yesterday,took one look in the window at the chaos going on in here and left scared

Good luck with that .... I feel your pain....my 10 year old twins love Mike and Ikes

#3717 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

My work for the day is done. Hope it doesn't take them too long to send out my paycheck.
Tomorrow I think I might tackle the slingshots and the drop target.[quoted image]

I’m doing one connector a day on Stern Magic.

What can I say, I hate doing connectors.

#3718 9 months ago

You people screaming for a total shut down must not realize that some people with small businesses need to be open. If I’m not selling cars and taking payment I’m fucked. I’m staying open for business and this over rated flue be damned.

#3719 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You people screaming for a total shit down must not realize that some people with small businesses need to be open. If I’m not selling cars and taking payment I’m fucked. I’m staying open for business and this over rated flue be damned.

Selling a lot of cars this month?

Are you doing “Overrated Flue Sale?” Kinda catchy!

#3720 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You people screaming for a total shit down must not realize that some people with small businesses need to be open. If I’m not selling cars and taking payment I’m fucked. I’m staying open for business and this over rated flue be damned.

You aren't grasping the whole scenario. It's about stopping everything but essentials. Therefore, you wouldn't be 'fucked' because you'd be taken care of as your payments would be postponed. That being said, you aren't going to have much choice shortly.

The problem is no one in charge is looking outside the box and only thinking about the markets and money, so here we are with this half assed attempt that will indeed screw a lot of people.

#3721 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just watching the presidents daily briefing. He said he held a meeting (videoconference I assume) with the 50 governors and that it went well except for one troublemaker. He then said he took care of him and he’s no longer a problem. I wonder which governor had the gall to cause problems? And how was he taken care of? Anyone else see that?

I think it was that governor from Washington.

#3722 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Selling a lot of cars this month?
Are you doing “Overrated Flue Sale?” Kinda catchy!

Speaking of overrated flu, has Whysnow changed his tune on this?

#3723 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I don't even know what a "total shutdown" means....we've been shutdown except for essential services for almost two weeks, and the schools are shutdown the entire month of April (doubt they'll even reopen).... zero end in sight....

#3724 9 months ago

Actually I was pretty busy the last few days.

How will I betaken care of. If I’m closed I’m not selling or taking payments

#3725 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m doing one connector a day on Stern Magic.
What can I say, I hate doing connectors.

You'll have every connector done with days or months to spare at this rate.

Think I'll crack a beer and BBQ chicken now.

My buddy Bob just stopped by and he said the grocery stores are getting back to normal. I may have to visit one next week. And this is the longest time I've gone without a shave since I was 14.

#3726 9 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Actually I was pretty busy the last few days.
How will I betaken care of. If I’m closed I’m not selling or taking payments

Well, the way they are doing things, you won't. I was explaining why some of us are pushing for total shutdown - but even wishing for that requires some extra hoops that I don't think our leadership is willing to do. This limbo situation they've put people in, yes, that's going to hurt. I'm sorry to hear your situation though. Don't think I'm not. It sucks for everyone in that situation.
EDIT: actually supposedly the stimulus does have provisions for small businesses but I don't know the details.

#3727 9 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Wait until the US spring breakers become sick. Those charts are going to spike like crazy. I feel so bad for the non covidiot American. Hell California will surpass all of Canada's cases tomorrow. I wouldn't want to be in any of your shoes right now.

California has twice the population of Canada, so not too shocking there, but otherwise, agreed. Not a fan of their shoes.

#3728 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, the way they are doing things, you won't. I was explaining why some of us are pushing for total shutdown - but even wishing for that requires some extra hoops that I don't think our leadership is willing to do. This limbo situation they've put people in, yes, that's going to hurt. I'm sorry to hear your situation though. Don't think I'm not. It sucks for everyone in that situation.
EDIT: actually supposedly the stimulus does have provisions for small businesses but I don't know the details.

How do you define a total shutdown?

#3729 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You'll have every connector done with days or months to spare at this rate.
Think I'll crack a beer and BBQ chicken now.
My buddy Bob just stopped by and he said the grocery stores are getting back to normal. I may have to visit one next week. And this is the longest time I've gone without a shave since I was 14.

Quality prime beef on the cheap right now around here, restaurants ain’t buying much now, freezers full, going to need something to barter for the tp.

#3730 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was explaining why some of us are pushing for total shutdown

You mean the honor system where the idiots that have no honor make it not a total shutdown.

#3731 9 months ago

Remember when it was the government that shut down and the rest of us kept on going? Good times man, good times.

#3732 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Quality prime beef on the cheap right now around here, restaurants ain’t buying much now, freezers full, going to need something to barter for the tp.

I heard last week about pork futures or something plummeting last week. They were saying herds would swell in a few months and meat would be dirt cheap.

#3733 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would take that with a grain of a salt. Remember yesterday when he said if not for him and his team "you wouldn't even have a country left"?

#3734 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What can I say, I hate doing connectors

People that enjoy doing connectors are as rare as people that enjoy doing drywall.

#3735 9 months ago

nevermind... he is a racist moron and not worth it

#3736 9 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I heard last week about pork futures or something plummeting last week. They were saying herds would swell in a few months and meat would be dirt cheap.

Mmmmmm. Bacon

#3737 9 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do you define a total shutdown?

I've very high level outlined it a few times, but it's basically short term communism by hitting the pause button on everything. No bills, no rent, no mortgage, basically everything just freezes.

1. Shutdown all but essentials which is a much smaller list than what some states are making. (Utilities, Food, medical, transport as needed)
2. Government subsidize the above - it may require a ration ticket type scenario (again high level)
3. Adjust as necessary

Again, this is a great simplification of it. I know it's much more intricate, but the general idea would alleviate many peoples money concerns. Once things are back to 'normal' flip the switch. No job losses, no evictions, no bankruptcies. Everything more or less like it was. Like a game save state I guess. Obviously length of time regarding this is a thing, but that same variable impacts every solution.

The biggest issue everyone is concerned about is they owe someone money. That piece needs eliminated top to bottom, and if it isn't...it's going to get ugly.

##Disclaimer: I could be completely off my rockers on this...

#3738 9 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

daily briefing

Reactive: current meltdown in all areas of response

Proactive: pandemic response team, fully funded CDC, NIH, WHO

Proactive approach would have saved us trillions.

#3739 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've very high level outlined it a few times, but it's basically short term communism by hitting the pause button on everything. No bills, no rent, no mortgage, basically everything just freezes.

Cheesecake Factory took that into their own hands and said they weren't paying rent at any of their locations for April. Curious to see how that plays out.

#3740 9 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Cheesecake Factory took that into their own hands and said they weren't paying rent at any of their locations for April. Curious to see how that plays out.

Pork belly up, I’m guessing, probably in trouble before this.

#3741 9 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

That's the problem. If their bankers are cool with it...should be fine. If they're not? Eh... Has to be an agreement across the board. Imagine if customers came in and said, oh I'm short on cash this month, I'm not going to pay my bill...

#3742 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

And people were worried about food shortages. lol.

Is tomorrow Friday? MickyDs is still doing discount Filet O Fish. Drive thru only. I'll take two please.

#3743 9 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

It’s a variation on the old saying “If you owe the bank $10k it’s your problem; if you owe them $100M it’s the bank’s problem”

#3744 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Not a fan of their shoes.

Well, in Canada, it's too damn freezing cold to wear my shoes.

#3745 9 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Not well for Cheesecake factory.....I'm certainly not getting notices from my mortgage company saying "we realize your in lockdown so don't worry about paying us for a few months".... If I did I could survive in lockdown for years

#3746 9 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

People that enjoy doing connectors are as rare as people that enjoy doing drywall.

I have the tool to do connectors and I can never get it to work correctly.

#3747 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's the problem. If their bankers are cool with it...should be fine. If they're not? Eh... Has to be an agreement across the board. Imagine if customers came in and said, oh I'm short on cash this month, I'm not going to pay my bill...

When have bankers been cool. They are a large part of the worlds problems

#3748 9 months ago

ITS A CLUSTER FUCK. WE’RE ALL DOOMED. THIS WILL GET MULTIPLE FACTORS WORSE.

#3749 9 months ago

I don't see it so bad.

I don't have a $100,000 pinball collection, but I do have plenty of food, beer, Jack Daniels, weed, and free time.

#3750 9 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

3/26 NY Governor briefing

It’s inspiring to see what can be communicated by an effective leader when the only motive is to impart cold facts on a situation and convey as much helpful information - and empathy - as possible.

No selling. No self congratulations. No finger pointing. No pettiness. No name calling or insults. No pie in the sky pronouncements. No pride. No bullshit.

Proud to be a New Yorker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 17.95
$ 36.99
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Protection
COINTAKER.COM
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.95
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 16.00
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 102.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 7.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
There are 21316 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 427.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside