272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 576.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Meanwhile Pinside nerds claiming they beat people daily on Coronavirus threads[quoted image]

Paging oneangrymo!

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Paging oneangrymo!

Never did get an update on his Pinside ass-kicking tour.

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Never did get an update on his Pinside ass-kicking tour.

last I heard he was 0-12

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wondering if NAVL / Beltman / Precision are shut down or are they still moving product? Anybody with recent contact using one of these pinball delivery companies please provide an update. I've heard truckers are still trucking.

Beltman is still operating.

Michelle Bianchi
800-959-8880
cell: 630-344-3093 [email protected]

#3556 4 years ago

Yikes

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3557 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

"dry" was emphasized over heat as an enemy. Dry heat, good. Cold dry good.

So, this is as simple as us going and camping out in "Death Valley"? Always loved the name of that place.

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh look, now we're concerned about suicides. Those poor 1%'ers.

Yeah this is one of the worst recent talking points I'm seeing regurgitated by the usual suspects, and filtering down to here.

We have to open everything back up and kill grandma so Cheesecake factory can open and broke people won't kill themselves.

It's almost ingenious in it's ridiculousness but people are looking for anything to back up their reckless point of view. You do not base public health policy decisions like this on fantasies. You base it on what the health experts say. And they are UNANIMOUS that we need to continue and double down on the containment measures we have in place.

I can't believe that 2 weeks in, we are right back where we were when this started: with people in charge trying to downplay the crisis and make it seem like it's no big deal. It's outrageous.

This happy talk nonsense is what helped us get into this growing mess; please, don't fall for it.

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wondering if NAVL / Beltman / Precision are shut down or are they still moving product? Anybody with recent contact using one of these pinball delivery companies please provide an update. I've heard truckers are still trucking.

I'm wondering if the three dozen guitar picks I just ordered will show up.

#3560 4 years ago

I can no longer keep up with this thread. I'll leave you with this.

Several days ago I put up a pie chart. Perhaps you will remember it.

Here we are today.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.49.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.49.35 AM (resized).png

#3561 4 years ago

Jame's theory of dry weather may hold true. Take a look at Africa, driest continent on the planet. Unfortunately, So Cal has had one of it's wettest winters and springs in a while. Very short periods of dry. But it's starting to dry up now.

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yikes[quoted image]

Relax. Back to work by Easter. Sigh.

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jame's theory of dry weather may hold true. Take a look at Africa, driest continent on the planet. Unfortunately, So Cal has had one of it's wettest winters and springs in a while. Very short periods of dry.[quoted image]

But...is anyone even testing in the bulk of Africa? You notice that there ARE cases in South Africa and Egypt where it makes sense they'd be testing...

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Relax. Back to work by Easter. Sigh.

Sorry Grandma, you need to take one for the stock market.

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You notice that there ARE cases in South Africa

South Africa has more moderate climate than the rest of the continent. Don't know about testing in other parts, but we are always hearing about other diseases when they strike there.

In So Cal we had a few periods of dry Santa Anas between the rains, so that could account for why it's been slower developing here than other areas of dense population in the country.

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But...is anyone even testing in the bulk of Africa? You notice that there ARE cases in South Africa and Egypt where it makes sense they'd be testing...

Also the lesser developed countries don’t have the international business that helps spread this around

#3567 4 years ago

How long before researchers in Antartica get ill?

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

about Easter or so

#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

When they dig up that spaceship out of the ice?

And what's up with Greenland?

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When they dig up that spaceship out of the ice?

thing (resized).jpgthing (resized).jpg
#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, this is as simple as us going and camping out in "Death Valley"? Always loved the name of that place.

Very interesting place...definitely worth a visit for those that have never been there...looking forward to going back again someday!

#3572 4 years ago

The EDD just sent me a message that I will not be required to look for work during this period of unemployment, but that I must be ready and willing to accept work.

Wonder what kind of work they have in mind.

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The EDD just sent me a message that I will not be required to look for work during this period of unemployment, but that I must be ready and willing to accept work.

Grave digger

#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Very interesting place...definitely worth a visit for those that have never been there...looking forward to going back again someday!

Yep, looks like all the desert areas are so far, so good.

CA-covid-19-map (resized).pngCA-covid-19-map (resized).png
#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So here is what is happening right now. Our state really hasn't been hit hard (yet) so they haven't put in a shelter in place rule. My wife's employees called unemployment, and unemployment told them they didn't have to go into work, and could file for unemployment so they are basically voluntarily laying themselves off. Which means, the wife has to work more. I see both sides of it, but this is exactly why our leaders should be stepping up and quit being wishy washy about how to handle this. Such a failure.

#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just one of many good charts from Robert Williams on his Twitter account, @isfBob:

Thanks for sharing and id'ing the source swampfire - that's an excellent graphical representation!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

3/26 NY Governor briefing

Highlights:
-Taking over convention centers, college campuses, and other facilities to increase hospital capacity for each of the boroughs in NYC.
-Ventilator splitting approved (two patients on one ventilator)
-Converting ~2,000 anesthesia machines into ventilators
-Immediate PPE needs for NYC hospitals are met
-Under normal conditions, hospital patients on average need ventilators for 3-4 days. Covid patients on average need a ventilator for 11-21 days.
-Initiating a plan to move downstate patients to upstate hospitals
-Estimated loss of state revenue is $10-$15 billion (a "double whammy" between the high costs of combating covid, and the loss of revenue from closed businesses). Received $5 billion from stimulus bill marked for covid expenses only.
-State budget due 4/1. Too many unknowns to project an accurate budget. Will evaluate quarterly if enough revenue comes in to actually fund the budget.
-12,000+ medical staff have volunteered for service
-2,400+ mental health professionals volunteered their services

-This situation is not a sprint, it's a marathon

#3578 4 years ago

blockquote cite="#5554249">
When :Dthey dig up that spaceship out of the ice?
And what's up with Greenland?

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Highlights:
-Taking over convention centers, college campuses, and other facilities to increase hospital capacity for each of the boroughs in NYC.
-Ventilator splitting approved (two patients on one ventilator)
-Converting ~2,000 anesthesia machines into ventilators
-Immediate PPE needs for NYC hospitals are met
-Under normal conditions, hospital patients on average need ventilators for 3-4 days. Covid patients on average need a ventilator for 11-21 days.
-Initiating a plan to move downstate patients to upstate hospitals
-Estimated loss of state revenue is $10-$15 billion (a "double whammy" between the high costs of combating covid, and the loss of revenue from closed businesses). Received $5 billon from stimulus bill marked for covid expenses only.
-State budget due 4/1. Too many unknowns to project an accurate budget. Will evaluate quarterly if enough revenue comes in to actually fund the budget.
-12,000+ medical staff have volunteered for service
-2,400+ mental health professionals volunteered their services

-This situation is not a sprint, it's a marathon

Really impressed with his press conferences. Any chance you guys would be willing to swap him out with Biden? No givebacks...

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So here is what is happening right now. Our state really hasn't been hit hard (yet) so they haven't put in a shelter in place rule. My wife's employees called unemployment, and unemployment told them they didn't have to go into work, and could file for unemployment so they are basically voluntarily laying themselves off. Which means, the wife has to work more. I see both sides of it, but this is exactly why our leaders should be stepping up and quit being wishy washy about how to handle this. Such a failure.

State and local government has the final say, not the Federal government, as to whether or not businesses are open or closed.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Any chance you guys would be willing to swap him out

It’s going to be strange having someone competent in the future

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

State and local government has the final say, not the Federal government, as to whether or not businesses are open or closed.

I get that, but once a national emergency has been declared you would think that kind of changes.

#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I get that, but once a national emergency has been declared you would think that kind of changes.

You would think that but it does not.

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Now that is funny

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Still about that "wishy washy" thing...

#3587 4 years ago

I see people out and about, most keeping their distance. They smile and wave as they walk by. Saw a group of what looked like young gangers walking by that weren't distancing themselves. Of the few stores I have ventured in, most people don't look to be sick or overly worried.

Haven't been to Costco in a couple weeks, so I don't know if it is still a madhouse, but I imagine it still is.

It's a full sunny day today, so I'm going outside to enjoy it.

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

My point is it sends mixed messages, as well as pretty much everything coming out of the federal sides mouth. They aren't even offering stern advice. Useless.
And the unemployment rules apparently don't line up with whats going on either, so once more people catch wind of this, they are right, many people are going to start voluntarily laying themselves off. Many WILL be out of jobs after that when they won't get rehired (unless something was stated that they have to hire them back).

#3589 4 years ago

Forgetting about what is right or wrong for a moment...President Trump has no authority to override the decisions of each individual State. He cannot “order” businesses to reopen or to close.

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Forgetting about what is right or wrong for a moment...President Trump has no authority to override the decisions of each individual State. He cannot “order” businesses to reopen or to close.

Still internationally we only see him and without judging him (to not spawn a political discussion)... he, uh... kinda changes his opinion quite rapidly?

#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still internationally we only see him and without judging him (to not spawn a political discussion)... he, uh... kinda changes his opinion quite rapidly?

Almost like his mood is based on the market direction?

#3592 4 years ago

So much for the Easter miracle reopening of USA:

https://www.thekitchn.com/peeps-shuts-down-easter-coronavirus-23019730?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Peeps Factory Temporarily Shuts Down Right Before Easter Due to Coronavirus

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Thank god.

I feel bad for states with stupid governors.

And, the mixed messages are terrible.

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Almost like his mood is based on the market direction?

It's your president not mine, so I refrain to comment,...

...but beeing who he is he spawned an international discussion about social darwinism, wich really isn't helping.

(I'm sitting, helping out in a hospital at the moment. - On a break.)

#3596 4 years ago

I am doing my very best, it is not easy at times, to leave politics out of this as much as possible as should everyone. There is a lot of very good information in this thread, I have learned a lot and it has made me think about and understand opposing views. I am very appreciative this thread exists. As soon as political discussions ramp up in this thread tempers flare and it turns into a shitshow.

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

https://www.thekitchn.com/peeps-shuts-down-easter-coronavirus-23019730?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

I already see them out there...maybe I should go buy them all as the next hoarding investment. I wonder if you can flatten them and sell them as a toilet paper alternative...

#3598 4 years ago

Odin, we need a Comet update!

#3599 4 years ago

I'm sorry, but that photo is hilarious.

EDIT: awww

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I’ve heard.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.