272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 576.
#251 4 years ago

Just saw the ibuprofen issue. This appears to be the case at this time. I recommend Tylenol for cold and flu symptoms until we know more.

Ok guys, have to see patients. I’ll check back in this evening.

Thanks for the excellent questions!

#252 4 years ago

At this point we're just fighting math. 30% increase per day makes me want to become a loan shark:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 2.06.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-20 at 2.06.08 PM (resized).png
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Hah, no. This virus will probably be an issue at some level for 12-18 months until the vaccine is widely available. Life will probably look different until then but I don’t think a shutdown will be needed for that long.

12-18 months ? Quarantine in the home

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, confirmed. So not panicking over 2 strains. If that’s increases significantly then I’ll change my opinion

Wow

#255 4 years ago

Here’s a good article about what we might expect after the initial lockdown (the “Hammer” in this metaphor):

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

#256 4 years ago

Apparently asking for words to calm the nation in this time of crisis is now considered a nasty question.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Apparently asking for words to calm the nation in this time of crisis is now considered a nasty question.

Yeah, I picked up on that, too. Softball questions only.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

By only 2 or 3 people to represent the country.

#259 4 years ago

It was a softball question but he couldn't handle it. Conflicting statements from him that go against his own experts...again. I love how everyone stepping up to the mic fauns all over him before getting into their statement.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/20/trump-message-to-americans-coronavirus-presser-vpx.cnn

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Seemed like the softest of balls that any normal person should be able to handle, including you or I.

#261 4 years ago

I’ve been reading this thread for a while and it’s growing faster than I have time to read it all.

I’m in the better safe than sorry camp and I’m pretty much staying home as much as possible to ride this out. It seems like people around here are taking it seriously but some take it to extremes. Take care of each other and exercise patience and tolerance, be smart with your words and actions. We will need each other’s strengths to get this big ball rolling again when the smoke clears... speaking of which, it’s time for my de-stress medicine.

Take a break from this thread and head on over to my thread to help me figure out my sttng cannon issue! It’ll be good to think about something else for a bit.

Take care everyone!

#262 4 years ago

I'm thinking one of my neighbors may have this now. I'm hearing coughing from a couple doors down that I don't usually hear. Usually I'm the only one hacking his lungs out around here.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm thinking one of my neighbors may have this now. I'm hearing coughing from a couple doors down that I don't usually hear. Usually I'm the only one hacking his lungs out around here.

Better dig out the flamethrower!

#264 4 years ago

Just Like John Carpenters The Thing !!!

#265 4 years ago

That is one method of containment. The other night I started a fire on my stove by leaving a potholder too close to the burner.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Just saw the ibuprofen issue. This appears to be the case at this time. I recommend Tylenol for cold and flu symptoms until we know more.
Ok guys, have to see patients. I’ll check back in this evening.
Thanks for the excellent questions!

Thanks for all your information. Nice to have a real doctor here answering instead of all the Dr. Googles out there.

Thank you.

#267 4 years ago

Just leaving work and wanted to bring a little good news on our local food supply situation. Was told to be prepared for long days starting Monday. Our supplier said they will be back to delivering full loads again. Production has been ramped up so shouldn’t be a lot of food shortages going forward. Keep in mind it will take a couple days to get stores restocked. No need to panic buy every damn thing in the stores.

#268 4 years ago

Filled out the unemployment forms online this morning. Pretty straightforward and simple until they asked the exact date I started... in 2012.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Thanks for all your information. Nice to have a real doctor here answering instead of all the Dr. Googles out there.
Thank you.

I'm not saying anything he is saying is wrong, or that he's not a doctor...but do we KNOW he's a doctor? We've had our share of healthcare workers telling us the last 2 weeks that this was overblown and not an issue.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just leaving work and wanted to bring a little good news on our local food supply situation. Was told to be prepared for long days starting Monday. Our supplier said they will be back to delivering full loads again. Production has been ramped up so shouldn’t be a lot of food shortages going forward. Keep in mind it will take a couple days to get stores restocked. No need to panic buy every damn thing in the stores.

You guys working the grocery stores are pretty much heroes, you couldn’t pay me enough to be doing what you folks are doing, Thank you!

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Filled out the unemployment forms online this morning. Pretty straightforward and simple until they asked the exact date I started... in 2012.

Lineup at one of the unemployment offices before opening in Saskatoon, SK this morning

6670AC7A-0DE4-4415-9463-7BC58697B705 (resized).jpeg6670AC7A-0DE4-4415-9463-7BC58697B705 (resized).jpeg
#272 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Lineup at one of the unemployment offices before opening in Saskatoon, SK this morning[quoted image]

That’s crazy, can’t this be done online?

#273 4 years ago

On the Ibuprofen issue, there was an update 2 days ago, WHO:"Based on currently available information, WHO does not recommend against the use of of ibuprofen."
So Ibu shoud be ok to use for now.

#274 4 years ago

Lineup at one of the unemployment offices before opening in Saskatoon, SK this morning

It's like voting. Why do some people always have to do it the hard way? That's like a throwback to the 1970s there.

#275 4 years ago

no rules against more than 10 folks in a common setting eh?

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

no rules against more than 10 folks in a common setting eh?

Yeah, no shit. Seems archaic to me to stand in line for this nowadays. This was on Twitter.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

On the Ibuprofen issue, there was an update 2 days ago, WHO:"Based on currently available information, WHO does not recommend against the use of of ibuprofen."
So Ibu shoud be ok to use for now.

That the same WHO, who told us it couldn't be transmitted to humans back in January?

#278 4 years ago

Fauci 2020

#279 4 years ago

Perhaps Canada's unemployment system isn't quite as advanced as their healthcare system.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps Canada's unemployment system isn't quite as advanced as their healthcare system.

Ha!
I’m sure our EI (Employment Insurance) is highly sophisticated, more so than healthcare. Our healthcare isn’t necessarily advanced, it’s just slow and free, lol.
Crazy people are in line.

Sorry. Going off the rails here........

#281 4 years ago

1 3 years immunity after recovery but relapse possible
That's comforting CNN and no push back From Jake Tapper as usual.

#282 4 years ago

In positive news, there's a Red Dwarf movie special coming out on the 9th! and new season of Reno 911 in a few weeks too!

#283 4 years ago

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m guessing it won’t be found in Canada.

Ooooooo that burns!! 1993 was a loooong time ago.

Be safe everyone!

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

did you mean to link an email?

I couldn't figure out how to download it. You couldn't hear it?

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

At this point we're just fighting math. 30% increase per day makes me want to become a loan shark:[quoted image]

That's the problem with computer models, I wouldn't count on those numbers. Again this just straight math if no one does anything....but serious mitigation is already underway, so I don't think we'll see numbers like that. I'd be very surprised if the number of infected even gets close to 500k, much less a million. China's numbers is a much better gauge. I also think Italy's large numbers reflect their government's lack of response in the early days of the virus.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I couldn't figure out how to download it. You couldn't hear it?

No, it just tries to get you to log into an email account

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No, it just tries to get you to log into an email account

I'll try again

#291 4 years ago

My stupid white trash neighbors are having a party this weekend. They invited me I said nah all set. Idiots in our country are going to make this worse.

#292 4 years ago
CB90276C-442A-4EE6-884B-B7880A2BC85C (resized).jpegCB90276C-442A-4EE6-884B-B7880A2BC85C (resized).jpeg
#293 4 years ago

How are people feeling now about going to people's houses to buy games? Seems like this should be a no-no now .. I was considering it but it doesn't feel worth the risk currently.

#294 4 years ago

In case I am missing something here, can somebody explain to me how trying to lock down 40 million people in California is going to work? First, you would need 100 percent participation and we know that simply is not possible. How many rebels are in there? 1 percent only is 400,000 people not abiding by the lock down. Then they tell everyone, "go ahead and stay inside but you can run down to the grocery store to get food" where millions of other people are doing the same thing. I'm not buying it as a viable strategy at all.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

In case I am missing something here, can somebody explain to me how trying to lock down 40 million people in California is going to work? First, you would need 100 percent participation and we know that simply is not possible. How many rebels are in there? 1 percent only is 400,000 people not abiding by the lock down. Then they tell everyone, "go ahead and stay inside but you can run down to the grocery store to get food" where millions of other people are doing the same thing. I'm not buying it as a viable strategy at all.

Yeah it’s probably not worth even trying. Let’s all go to the beach!

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

I'm not buying it as a viable strategy at all.

And yet it worked in China, Hubei Province (80 million people in total). Strict enforcement, only the most necessary workers allowed to go out, groceries often delivered home, etc.

#298 4 years ago

Forgot to include the sarcasm emoji on my last post...just to be clear

#299 4 years ago

I was talking to my daughter who refurbishes medical equipment, and won't be getting laid off or being told to go home, about the worst case of the flu I ever had, and how I figured out how I would never let that happen again.

It was the early 90s and some really nasty shit was going around. I was working my ass off refurbishing used cars at a dealer as the market was hot and I got a bonus depending on how many cars I did. I was a working machine.

I was working when I first felt it, but continued to power along. The next day around lunch I told the boss I did not feel right and should probably go home. He said "here are some aspirin, we need to get these cars out", so I finished the day.

That night I fell into bed and that started a two week nightmare of sweating constantly, and I did not have enough sheets or towels to keep dry. Basically pneumonia that could have been prevented if I hadn't tried to work through it. Once it was done I felt like a new man, and had learned my lesson, and never let it happen again. Which it hasn't.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

Sorry, had to. Eject away

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/6?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.