272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 576.
#3351 4 years ago

I get what POTUS has been saying-In my eyes-and being a lifelong laborer of different sorts.

Bring production and manufacturing back to the USA-We are getting screwed by having too much outsourcing and it is now costing us in the long run.

When things like this impact the USA-We can and need to be self sufficient......it is costing us by "relying" on our pussy-supposed allies.

It makes no sense to Over Tax the BIG companies WHO are creating jobs and then Over Taxing those of us who have a nice paycheck and are fueling the economy...……….Yeah that's it lets Over tax the rich and those spending their money...………….and give it to those poor souls who are not working...……………………….OMG the DEMS

#3352 4 years ago

I can't keep up with this thread. Has mandatory vaccination been discussed yet?

#3353 4 years ago
#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I can't keep up with this thread. Has mandatory vaccination been discussed yet?

Step 1) create vaccine

#3355 4 years ago

Promising arthritis drug being used to treat coronavirus patients in China helped to cure 95 PER CENT of critically ill patients.
It has already been green-lighted by the FDA for trials on patients in the US, it was revealed yesterday.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8151865/Arthritis-drug-helped-cure-95-critically-ill-coronavirus-patients-scientists-claim.html

#3356 4 years ago

Sorry to get political....Everybody stay safe,well-be nice to your neighbor-
Stay Happy-Keep Flippin-Support your local eateries and breweries too !!
Long day...never been called essential till the last 2 weeks-off to bed,up at 0500 and to my 12 hr. shift.-Peace-Out

#3357 4 years ago

Yikes, I see what people have been saying about Brazil.

This is gonna end very very badly.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/25/821327282/in-brazil-bolsonaro-doubles-down-on-exaggerated-coronavirus

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

It makes no sense to Over Tax the BIG companies

That’s not happening. They just got a huge tax cut and used the extra funds to buy back their stock which lines investors and corporate pockets. Wage earners see shit from big companies getting tax breaks. That was exactly part of delay on stimulus “omg dems” demanded oversight so they could NOT use the money for stock buybacks and instead have to keep workers on board. You have it completely backwards.

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Has mandatory vaccination been discussed yet?

They would have to nail me to a cross first. I make my own immunities.

But for those that want it, great!

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That’s so scary. I just can’t believe the polling coming out. Can it be possible that after living through the last month, 55% of the country approve of the job the president is doing handling the pandemic? It’s crazy to me.

My only explanation when my kids ask about things like this is, Without ‘Dumb’ being in the dictionary, there wouldn’t be ‘Smart’. Depressing, but reality.

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They would have to nail me to a cross first. I make my own immunities.
But for those that want it, great!

Rumor is the ingredients needed for the vaccine are:

1 bottle Corona(tm)
1 quarter lime
1/4 oz mercury

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Rumor is the ingredients needed for the vaccine are:
1 bottle Corona(tm)
1 quarter lime
1/4 oz mercury

Do I get a spoon full of sugar to help that medicine go down?

#3363 4 years ago

Pulling this one out of the vault to share a little levity before I go to bed.

0EA1E1CD-2AF0-4F97-BF24-00E9A6094602.jpeg0EA1E1CD-2AF0-4F97-BF24-00E9A6094602.jpeg
#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Social distancing....Senate style!
[quoted image][quoted image]

They should take a lesson from the Beatles.

81D002CF-DF09-48F9-9E69-B5A2C8E308B1 (resized).jpeg81D002CF-DF09-48F9-9E69-B5A2C8E308B1 (resized).jpeg
#3365 4 years ago

I see three jaywalkers and a great guitarist...

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I once knew a young lady with the same nickname.

Wait....did this encounter happen in the 80’s?
Starting to get clearer and clearer in my crystal ball..........oh my gosh was she Gen X?

2E42395F-BA32-47EC-A96B-86B942592667 (resized).jpeg2E42395F-BA32-47EC-A96B-86B942592667 (resized).jpeg
#3367 4 years ago

Well that was eye opening to see. This entire thing could have been better contained if a week or two ago the country was shut down for 3 weeks. Instead some states are issuing stay at home orders, others are not, and the federal government is all over the place with their response. If a major project at a company was run this way (meaning no plan, no consistency) a number of people would be fired.

One thing I heard today is that if a family member or friend gets hospitalized you can't go see them as hospital staff won't take the risk for you to become infected and spread the virus to others. There's a real possibility that if a loved one goes into the hospital that it will be the last time you ever see them. Then imagine if you are the one in the one hospitalized and there's the possibility of passing away without any friends or family around you. I don't know about anyone else but that's enough to scare the s*it out of me.

#3368 4 years ago

As I go bed tonight, the US has the 3rd most cases to date. By tomorrow night we will be #2 and by Friday night #1. Not something I want to win. More states are issuing shelter in place commands and with more people practicing physical distancing and a heavy dose of luck, over the next four weeks we could see this virus peak. That would be some much needed good news.

UK has been fighting the notion of social distancing and still allows large crowds. Their outbreak numbers are pretty low, but I suspect that will change soon if nothing is done. There has been some denial by the UK government until now but there is also a growing desire by the people to start following safer guidelines. Enacting tougher measures is a stepwise process.

#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As I go bed tonight, the US has the 3rd most cases to date. By tomorrow night we will be #2 and by Friday night #1. Not something I want to win. More states are issuing shelter in place commands and with luck, over the next four weeks we could see this virus peak.

400 deaths today. We are well over 1,000.

Seems like just a week ago there were STILL imbeciles saying "Only 40 dead? More people die a year choking on gobstoppers!"

Oh wait, it was a week ago.

#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

400 deaths today. We are well over 1,000.
Seems like just a week ago there were STILL imbeciles saying "Only 40 dead? More people die a year choking on gobstoppers!"
Oh wait, it was a week ago.

Whysnow’s and Iceman’s posts from back then have not aged well.

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I see three jaywalkers and a great guitarist...

Some of my favorite Beatles songs were written by him.

#3372 4 years ago

Are the recovered US numbers really only 616? I thought it was way higher than that...if not..that's scary...

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are the recovered US numbers really only 616? I thought it was way higher than that...if not..that's scary...

I think those numbers have to be unreported. I can't imagine it is that few.

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Coronavirus infection takes 7-10 days to run its course, IF you don't have complications. You won't start seeing recovered numbers start to go up until next week probably.

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Coronavirus infection takes 7-10 days to run its course, IF you don't have complications. You won't start seeing recovered numbers start to go up until next week probably.

7-10 days is typical for recovery of healthy individuals and might take as long as 14 days. I see that new cases are 13k per day and growing. Over the next 2 weeks could see 200k new cases. It is good to also track those in serious condition where it is taking 4 to 6 weeks to recover. That group is not age dependent and is also experiencing the most fatalities.

#3376 4 years ago

So I was going for a bike ride at dusk, just before it got dark.

It was almost silent, no traffic, few people, and me riding home up 10th avenue. Maybe 6 cars passed me on the 20 block trip, usually it would be hundreds.

Anyway, I hear this cackle of seagulls. Like you'd hear at the beach. Look up and there's hundreds of them, just drifting around. It was kind of Fd up. Like "The Birds."

I wonder if our scavengers - rats, birds, etc. - are getting a little hungry. They can't eat masks and gloves, and that's what I see on the street now rather than the usual heaps of trash in front of restaurants and garbage left behind by pedestrians and drivers. Hope they don't start getting more aggressive.

So yeah. I'm starting to think this isn't all a hoax.

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This entire thing could have been better contained if a week or two ago the country was shut down for 3 weeks.

What do you mean by “shut down”?

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That was exactly part of delay on stimulus “omg dems” demanded oversight so they could NOT use the money for stock buybacks and instead have to keep workers on board. You have it completely backwards.

Ummm...Trump said at his press conference today that he doesn’t want to see anything go to executive compensation or stock buybacks. the other part of the delay is because the democrats are wanting $350M to use for ‘relocation of immigrants and migrants’, plus want lower emissions on airlines, and other stuff not related to the virus pandemic stuck into this bill. And....they are saying this is just the beginning and there might be 4 or 5 rounds of stimulus packages. What the hell???

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Ummm...the other part of the delay is because the democrats are wanting $350M to use for ‘relocation of immigrants and migrants’, plus want lower emissions on airlines, and other stuff not related to the virus pandemic stuck into this bill. And....they are saying this is just the beginning and there might be 4 or 5 rounds of stimulus packages. What the hell???

Reading outside of Right media, which has nicely omitted, were delays by 3 Republican Senators...including Graham. Its a crap load of money. We should see debate and concern.
There isnt this "Rush" since funds wont arrive for 8 weeks,

#3380 4 years ago

Serious question, what are the rules of moderation about politics on this thread?

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Reading outside of Right media, which has nicely omitted, were delays by 3 Republican Senators...including Graham. Its a crap load of money. We should see debate and concern.
There isnt this "Rush" since funds wont arrive for 8 weeks,

Both sides of the aisle are screwed up.....if anyone thinks one is better than the other they are fools. Two sides of the same nickel, that’s what they are.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Serious question, what are the rules of moderation about politics on this thread?

Seems like don't insult or place blame on whatever side you are not on.

I'm sure not a one of them wanted this to happen.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I was going for a bike ride at dusk, just before it got dark.
It was almost silent, no traffic, few people, and me riding home up 10th avenue. Maybe 6 cars passed me on the 20 block trip, usually it would be hundreds.
Anyway, I hear this cackle of seagulls. Like you'd hear at the beach. Look up and there's hundreds of them, just drifting around. It was kind of Fd up. Like "The Birds."
I wonder if our scavengers - rats, birds, etc. - are getting a little hungry. They can't eat masks and gloves, and that's what I see on the street now rather than the usual heaps of trash in front of restaurants and garbage left behind by pedestrians and drivers. Hope they don't start getting more aggressive.
So yeah. I'm starting to think this isn't all a hoax.

I would rather see flocks of seaguls than flocks of crows.
Several cities in China have had flocks of crows circling over them as crows are scavengers and eat carrion.
I.E. they can smell the death and are attracted to it.

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's way higher than that because many people have already had it and recovered and never reported being sick.

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Questioning the Moderators will get you a 3 day ban.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

"Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere."

I can tell you that we realize this subject is tied into politics somewhat, so it can be a bit difficult to divide the two for some. If you quote a political leader or share information that has come from a politician, we don't find it to necessarily be an issue. If you cast dispersions about political figures or parties, you will be moderated. We want information, not bickering. If you are not sure, you probably should not post it.

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's way higher than that because many people have already had it and recovered and never reported being sick.

Even higher are the numbers of people that had it but didn't even know it. No symptoms or anything.

Total population of China- 1.4 billion

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Questioning the Moderators will get you a 3 day ban.

I did not question the moderators, I asked what were the rules?

#3389 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I can tell you that we realize this subject is tied into politics somewhat, so it can be a bit difficult to divide the two for some. If you quote a political leader or share information that has come from a politician, we don't find it to necessarily be an issue. If you cast dispersions about political figures or parties, you will be moderated. We want information, not bickering. If you are not sure, you probably should not post it.

Thank you, that is what I was asking for.

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

What do you mean by “shut down”?

In New Zealand we are shut down for at least 4 weeks. The only things open are supermarkets, gas, and medical. You should not leave your house except for a walk. It could last longer and there will still be restrictions after this ends. Its harsh but no way around it. Modeling shows around 80k deaths (population just under 5 million) if we didn't take such strong measures. Its serious people look after yourself.

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules
"Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere."

They should allow "one" thread where people can discuss politics. People who don't like discussing that could simply just not come in and participate in the discussion. Just my opinion.....

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They should allow "one" thread where people can discuss politics. People who don't like discussing that could simply just not come in and participate in the discussion. Just my opinion.....

I will bring it up for discussion among the moderators.

#3394 4 years ago

Anaheim is a city with a population of 350,000. That is what the total number of recorded cases in the entire world was a few days ago.

Now I guess we are nearing 500,000 cases, so it is going to take a larger city to compare it to.

Still, if we do nothing, we might be looking for an entire state to compare it to. Not talking about a Rhode Island either, because at the current rate, it will easily surpass their one million population.

#3395 4 years ago

With all the people getting laid off, will they lose their employer healthcare? In a few months I think we are going to see a lot of bankruptcies from people who got outrageous medical bills.

45829B63-D878-470C-8502-22548FF8F15D (resized).jpeg45829B63-D878-470C-8502-22548FF8F15D (resized).jpeg
#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I did not question the moderators, I asked what were the rules?

I was just having fun.

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

In New Zealand we are shut down for at least 4 weeks. The only things open are supermarkets, gas, and medical. You should not leave your house except for a walk. It could last longer and there will still be restrictions after this ends. Its harsh but no way around it. Modeling shows around 80k deaths (population just under 5 million) if we didn't take such strong measures. Its serious people look after yourself.

Just another country making us look bad.

For all its bluster, I’m starting to think modern day America simply has no balls. Forget about “winning the war,” most of us can’t do without Fuddruckers for 2 weeks.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For all its bluster, I’m starting to think modern day America simply has no balls. Forget about “winning the war,” most of us can’t do without Fuddruckers for 2 weeks.

It's amazing to me that there are people that think you can fight a virus with money.

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be accurate, I'd rather say "One of the few countries making us look bad".

Very, very few governments chose the right path.
And NZ had the chance to have more time to consider all options.
Yet, they took the right decision.

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Imagine if Porn Hub went down for 3 months!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.