272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 576.
#3201 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Let me try to explain the n-95 issue a bit. I can understand why someone would question why a healthcare worker would need an n-95 yet they don’t need one for personal use. Here’s why:
N-95s are currently recommended during aerosolization procedures like intubations or bronchoscopies. This is because during these procedures air and material from inside the lungs are aerosolized into the air and put the doctors and nurses doing the procedure at high risk. PPE is a matter of degrees. You could argue that everyone being in level 4 isolation suits would be the best but that simply isn’t possible. Neither is everyone walking to the grocery store wearing an N-95. For walking around, a simple surgical mask has been shown to be effective in protecting yourself from another person who may cough or sneeze. Staying 6 feet away from others is also effective.
If you take the selfish route and decide your personal need for an N-95 with low risk of exposure is higher than an ICU doc who is swimming in virus during a procedure while trying to save someone else’s life....well I don’t know what to say to that.

Aren’t all the N-95 masks sold out to the public? Shouldn’t the manufacturers be forced to now sell all newly produced masks directly to the hospitals? Has this been mandated?

#3202 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Or have less money,

And have less money. But I have learned way more from them than I ever did any GenX.

All they want to teach me is what happened in the 1980s like I didn't already live thru it.

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Aren’t all the N-95 masks sold out to the public? Shouldn’t the manufacturers be forced to now sell all newly produced masks directly to the hospitals? Has this been mandated?

I have looked at my local stores and everything is sold out.

My brother in law works with a commercial construction firm and I received two boxes of n-95s from them via FedEx yesterday to distribute to my clinic staff and the ED guys at the hospital. This was their personal stash they had in their trucks or whatever and they didn't keep them for themselves to make a trip to Kroger. They sent them to the people who need them most. THAT'S the kind of attitude that will get our country out of this with the least life lost.

Sorry if I'm salty about this issue but the men and women I work with are putting their lives on the line to help others. If they had the same selfish attitude as some of the people in this country they would simply say "F YOU" and stay home.

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And have less money. But I have learned way more from them than I ever did any GenX.
All they want to teach me is what happened in the 1980s like I didn't already live thru it.

Haha , the only thing I’ve learned from them is don’t hire them

#3205 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

“Sacrifice grandpa to save the economy”doesn’t seem like the best re election motto....but what do I know. I thought Trump needed the senior citizen vote to win re election. I’m sure they are fine with being sacrificed and will not take it personal though.

More like Bill Gates...

#3206 4 years ago

Is it now a GOP Holdup?

#3207 4 years ago

So I stand corrected, N95 masks do protect us better than nothing. But if you have one and your doctor’s office and hospital don’t, you’re an asshole. Do I have it right now? Just to drive it home, most of us have the luxury of standing well clear of other people, even while at work. Doctors and nurses don’t.

#3208 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well, now you're just being racist. /

Please go figure out what the term "racist" really means. The comment was no where near being racist. It's called stereotyping, not racism.

#3209 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Your knowledge is conspiratory. That's not knowledge, that's speculation. It is the product of fear.

Nothing conspiratory about it, just facts. Show me where I am wrong. Knowledge about a situation helps you make the right decision, ignorance leads to negative incidents. Everyones life is important, not a select few. Everyone has a right to protect their health, it is not a "Selfish" decision.
Looking at all the options at this point of time PPE is the best one at avoiding this virus barring complete isolation.
When masks are readily available for everyone Guidelines will be put in place for essential employees to use them, this will not be long from now.
If Power Plants shut down due to illness all of the affected Hospitals will revert to 1860. If food is not delivered starving people will become a much worse problem than any virus.
We are all important, we all deserve and need to use PPE to help return to normalcy as soon as possible until a cure comes about.

#3210 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Please go figure out what the term "racist" really means.

Sure thing. As long as you promise to look up the word Sarcasm.

Deal?

#3211 4 years ago

So far in this thread I've been called a sarcastic racist.

#3212 4 years ago

700 posts in 24 hours. This thread is on fire!

I’ve noticed that I can’t even keep up. I have to skip hundreds of posts each time I check the thread.

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’ve noticed that I can’t even keep up. I have to skip hundreds of posts each time I check the thread.

And amazingly there has been no political talk!

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just click on the little figure on the top of one of my posts, and that will get you to all the good stuff.

#3215 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But if you have one and your doctor’s office and hospital don’t, you’re an asshole.

I'd say if the local doctors and hospitals are forced to buy their medical respirators at a hardware store, somebody else has been the big f'n asshole.

#3216 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

These bailout bills always screw people from high cost of living states. $75000 income living in Mississippi goes a lot farther than $75000 in NY or CA. Last year was a good year for some of us, so we won’t get a dime from this bailout. This years income will be pretty bad but unfortunately will not be taken into account. Oh well.

You can always move to Mississippi if you want lower costs... free country.

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So I stand corrected, N95 masks do protect us better than nothing. But if you have one and your doctor’s office and hospital don’t, you’re an asshole. Do I have it right now? Just to drive it home, most of us have the luxury of standing well clear of other people, even while at work. Doctors and nurses don’t.

An n-95 would be better than nothing IF you were coughed or sneezed on. A surgical mask would also offer decent protection in that case. However, in the case where someone coughs or sneezes in close range you are also at risk for transmission through the eyes so are you going to wear goggles too?

Think of it like welding. The guy holding the torch and doing the welding needs eye protection, gloves and maybe even an apron. A guy standing 10 feet away watching only needs eye protection because he's out of the range of sparks and such. Now if the observer was an a-hole and decided HE needed the apron and gloves and left the dude doing the welding unprotected? That's what we're talking about.

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Sure thing. As long as you promise to look up the word Sarcasm.
Deal?

My bad, I was hoping you were not serious

#3219 4 years ago

Can we change the title to "The Official Coronavirus Entertainment Thread"?

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I prescribe re-reading the part about intubation until your ignorance clears up.

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So far in this thread I've been called a sarcastic racist.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3222 4 years ago

Granted this was in 2018.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/heres-how-many-days-congress-will-spend-away-from-the-office-in-2018.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress

Sadly big government equals small citizen. Slightly off topic , but we as over taxed payers pay the price. These wankers always seem to stall everything, fatten their pockets with with endless benefits. They are the ones that come out smelling like roses time and time again.

Rant off, if I need be moderated no problem

#3223 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:I get that in the scenario we are in things are in an unknown area. The point is we don't need to hand them free money. We've already seen what they do and who they care about. It isn't the employees.
My thoughts are:
Any provisions need to be a loan with strict conditions. No stock buybacks, no CEO bonus/raises - maybe even drop in pay, until it's paid back.
Not one cent should go to a company that is not based in the US.
We cannot guarantee they won't have to cut employment, but we should have a guarantee that if they have health coverage they get to keep it (for a period of time - due to the current crisis)

We definitely know what they do with free money. They pad their balance sheets and build their golden parachutes. And then they lie about their business to the point of negligently killng people and then declare their special, because they basically have a fucking monopoly.

Isn’t this the kind of hostage taking we should be against? Institutionally constructed to prevent?

In the age of web meetings, I don’t know why we need to continue to kow tow to Boeing. Take a bus, drive a car, book a cruise. Charter a boat or Space X. Ride a bike. WALK. Fuck these monopolists that can’t take care of their business enough to survive a 3 month downturn. It’s pathetic.

#3224 4 years ago

Just 5 more days left of "15 Days to Slow The Spread."

Maybe putting an expiration date in the name of the campaign was a bad idea.

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I’m so excited that in 5 days this is all over and we continue life exactly as before!

God bless the USA!

#3226 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You can always move to Mississippi if you want lower costs... free country.

As soon as they figure out a way to move the Pacific Ocean to Mississippi I’m there man.

#3227 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Iceman was right!

His stocks are booming and next week we will all be back at work.

#3228 4 years ago

Before forced lockdown
Me: man, I wish I had more time to play pinball!!
Two weeks in forced lockdown:
Me: I have nothing to do!!

#3229 4 years ago

I hope everyone is watching the Old Mainstream News.
Hospitals are full.
Lines to get seen, stretching blocks.
Make shift Morgues being erected.
New York areas, seeing a Spike in Youth Hospitalizations.
The worst will be this flowing across the country, repeating for 90 days?

#3230 4 years ago

The day this is officially over is the day Disneyland reopens it's gates. Mark that one on you calendar.

#3231 4 years ago

Now Prince Charles has it.

God save the queen!

#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I thought it was a good first effort. People can wrap their heads around 15 days of self-sacrifice, and it WILL make a difference and slow the spread. What comes next will be interesting.

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This sums up this entire thread in 1 chart

96386972-38CF-43D3-B1E5-293974283E1F.jpeg96386972-38CF-43D3-B1E5-293974283E1F.jpeg
#3234 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Before forced lockdown
Me: man wish I had more time to play pinball!!

Plenty of time for that. I just don't like to start drinking too early in the day.

#3235 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This sums up this entire thread in 1 chart[quoted image]

LOL. That's funny no matter what you feel on the subject.

#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just don't like to start drinking too early in the day.

Where’s Gryszz to slap some sense into ya!

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plenty of time for that. I just don't like to start drinking too early in the day.

I haven’t had a drink since the Super Bowl. Down 20 pounds since then. Been exercising everyday. When this hits me, I want my immune system and lungs to be in the best shape possible.

#3238 4 years ago

If we want a vaccine and/or cure, purposely give every billionaire and politician the virus. Watch how quickly things get done.

#3239 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even though I’m still working I can’t go anywhere after work so built this little pedestal. Converting a GT 2005 to this with 43” monitor. Work still in progress.

449CE7CD-5450-4052-A8AD-9892914D28C6 (resized).jpeg449CE7CD-5450-4052-A8AD-9892914D28C6 (resized).jpeg
#3240 4 years ago

The Governors better be kissing ass right now if they want those ventilators allocated to them from the Federal government.

7DC8163A-687F-4949-B42D-DCF8C8FC3886 (resized).jpeg7DC8163A-687F-4949-B42D-DCF8C8FC3886 (resized).jpeg
#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Even though I’m still working I can’t go anywhere after work so built this little pedestal. Converting a GT 2005 to this with 43” monitor. Work still in progress.[quoted image]

I'm suddenly in an awesome time machine looking at your floor!

#3242 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I haven’t had a drink since the Super Bowl. Down 20 pounds since then. Been exercising everyday. When this hits me, I want my immune system and lungs to be in the best shape possible.

I've lost weight too by not eating so much. Better stretch it to make it last.

Just like my projects. I put wax on a playfield about an hour ago. Might wipe it off by sundown.

I'd like to say I am taking better care of myself now, but hopefully all this extra sleep I've been getting will be enough. Only time I ever do get sick is with not enough rest or liquids.

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m so excited that in 5 days this is all over and we continue life exactly as before!
God bless the USA!

Look at a calendar, Easter's not in 5 days. Ain't shit over!!

#3244 4 years ago

They keep moving Easter around. I never know when it is. Like there are too different Easters or something. I guess I'll just wait for the bunny.

#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Governors better be kissing ass right now if they want those ventilators allocated to them from the Federal government.

Keep spreadin that fake news.

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

As soon as they figure out a way to move the Pacific Ocean to Mississippi I’m there man.

EARTHQUAKE!!!

#3247 4 years ago

Still no distraction. Canada? Don't you have a beef with us? I heard you called us yellow...

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

I'm suddenly in an awesome time machine looking at your floor!

I've had sooo many knocks on that carpet here on Pinside for the 6 years I've been on. I'm going to have to have a charity auction selling off swatches of the carpet when I finally tear it out.

#3249 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

How come that always get said when talking about helping our fellow citizens and is never mentioned when spending trillions on optional wars in the Middle East? We can afford it, we just don’t want to do what it takes to make it happen.

Valid point.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Still no distraction. Canada? Don't you have a beef with us? I heard you called us yellow...

Speaking of Canada, did they pass a relief bill? Sorry can't keep up if it was mentioned before.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/65?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.