272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 576.
#3151 4 years ago

With apologies to The Clash, I thought it was time for this:

Fauci, you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that I should stay here
I'll stay home 'til the coast is clear
So you got to let me know

It's always tease, tease, tease
You say we might beat this disease
One day it's fine and next it's black
So if you want me off your back
Well, come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

My neighbor's music's bugging me
He's playing Cher and Black Eyed Peas
Can't even drink outside in peace
Because we're stuck with this disease
Come on and let me know
Should I cool it or should I blow?

Split

Should I stay or should I go now? (yo me enfrió o lo soplo)
Should I stay or should I go now? (yo me enfrió o lo soplo)
If I go there will be trouble (si me voy va a haber peligro)
And if I stay it will be double (si me quedo sera el doble)
So ya gotta let me know (me tienes que decir)
Should I cool it or should I blow? (me debo ir o quedarme)
Should I stay or should I go now? (tengo frío por los ojos)
If I go there will be trouble (si me voy va haber peligro)
And if I stay it wil be double (si me quedo sera el doble)
So ya gotta let me know me tienes que decir

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I've never smelled any of the ammonia when using them.

A half-faced or full face respirator with Organic Vapor cartridges would be best for ammonia.

#3153 4 years ago

I'm taking Doctors advice ("spiel,") over the fellow who taught 120 people how to put on PPE.

Not sure about you all but I am on my 15th day of volunteer isolation. I remember a Doctor recommending that back then somewhere.

EDIT: Save them for the healthcare professionals people. Please. We havent even had the shit hit the fan. It's literally mid air. It's coming and know what? I dont want to be the guy justifying buying a N95 to do ANYTHING if it means a healthcare professional risk going without one.

I wonder how many people die as co sequence for every nurse doctor or healthcare death.

Sadly we will find out

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

We will know soon, they tested all 32 on the bus. Hopefully this didn’t mutate into another human to human virus. Symptoms apparently very similar to Covid - 19 but with a 30% mortality rate.

We know now.

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'm taking Doctors advice ("spiel,") over the fellow who taught 120 people how to put on PPE.
Not sure about you all but I am on my 15th day of volunteer isolation. I remember a Doctor recommending that back then somewhere.

Bless your heart

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Bless your heart

You and people with your thought process will have blood on your hands.

Sleep well

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They caught him and he has been charged with something like Terroristic Threats. Happened in Missouri.

Just castrate him, sew him up and let him go.

PS: I’m back.

#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just castrate him, sew him up and let him go.
PS: I’m back.

Now that's a strong entrance

#3159 4 years ago

In other coronavirus news.
In the Gallup poll, 60% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing in handling the crisis while 38% disapprove of how he has done. Six in 10 independents approve of how Trump has done on the coronavirus as do more than 1 in 4 (27%) of Democrats. In the Monmouth poll, 50% say Trump has done a good job with coronavirus while 45% said he has done a bad job.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-approval-polling/index.html

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

You and people with your thought process will have blood on your hands.
Sleep well

The cure is prevention. Spare the hyperbole.

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Presidential message, this was Simpson’s esque satire just a few years ago, so sad:
The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

He could have come up with something better than "LameStream"...

I'm disappointed. Even Bob Hope had his own writers.

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

He doesn't listen to Hannity, his go to is Rachel Maddow!!

Gawd....she is terrible to listen to for any length of time. The patronizing know-it-all, lecturing attitude in that monotone voice. Like fingernails across a chalk board.

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It is easier to stop and infection than to treat it. Whoever gets in front of this and demands masks be made available to the general Public will be appreciated.

I’ll go out again when I can wear one of these.

7E1AF5F4-A463-4407-9CB7-0C1E93BEB089 (resized).jpeg7E1AF5F4-A463-4407-9CB7-0C1E93BEB089 (resized).jpeg
#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The cure is prevention. Spare the hyperbole.

Hows that prevention working out?

Build you a time machine and go back a 3 weeks and spread your word of N95 need and it would make sense.

Your fuck it we should all just buy N95s and go about our life attitude will lead to additional spread and additional death. Including healthcare professionals who couldnt get proper PPE because of people like you.

Again. This is the reality of where we are at now. Prevention? Jesus you're late to the dance.

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Gawd....she is terrible to listen to for any length of time. The patronizing know-it-all, lecturing attitude in that monotone voice. Like fingernails across a chalk board.

Trying to think of the equivalent on the other side...maybe someone like Ben Stein?
Monotone? Check
Know it all? Check
Generally fact based? Check
I do find him entertaining and funny though...

#3166 4 years ago
90551363_1483984775113818_5958400274245615616_n (resized).jpg90551363_1483984775113818_5958400274245615616_n (resized).jpg
#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

In other coronavirus news.
In the Gallup poll, 60% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing in handling the crisis while 38% disapprove of how he has done. Six in 10 independents approve of how Trump has done on the coronavirus as do more than 1 in 4 (27%) of Democrats. In the Monmouth poll, 50% say Trump has done a good job with coronavirus while 45% said he has done a bad job.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-approval-polling/index.html

It's a good strategy. "We'll be back to work at Easter"

Anyone with a brain: "yeah right."

#3168 4 years ago

Even the Pope has his hand to his head.

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Looks like we have a giant aid package that just passed. I wonder if we're going to see inflation or if it will be all relative. If we do see it, I hate the fact that I'll be punished for being a good manager and saver with my finances.

Personal responsibility is, and always has been, its own reward.

Ironically, the reason these mega bailouts are so important is that otherwise the people that do have savings (rainy day, retirement, 529bs, and aren’t in debt up to their eyeballs) would be as wiped out as everybody else. At least now we can still maintain some relative prosperity.

It sucks, I know. And it’s now happened twice in my adult lifetime. If anyone truly believes that the economy isn’t fake, they’re kidding themselves. How can this great nation be so exceptional if a couple months out of work tanks the whole freaking country?

And it’s really more like a couple weeks, if not a couple days. We need to wake up, re-prioritize, and create heaven on earth with all the marvelous resources and brain power we have on this continent alone. We could create a veritable garden spot, but we don’t. Why is that exactly?

By the way, that Mexican leader is so freaking whack, I’ve reconsidered my opinion on building a wall. And irony of all ironies, that dude is such a freaking loon, he might actually pay for it.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Hows that prevention working out?
Build you a time machine and go back a 3 weeks and spread your word of N95 need and it would make sense.
Your fuck it we should all just buy N95s and go about our life attitude will lead to additional spread and additional death. Including healthcare professionals who couldnt get proper PPE because of people like you.
Again. This is the reality of where we are at now. Prevention? Jesus you're late to the dance.

People are being asked to go out in Public, to work without protection. PPE is available to stop the spread, I've been saying this since January. I get it, there is not enough to go around, medical workers need them. So does anyone deemed essential and has to work and keep everything running.
But the lies told early on concerning masks needs to be corrected, and the Professionals pushing this false narrative need to be called on it.
You on a voluntary quarantine? Great, you prevented catching it so far. When you leave the house, don a mask and gloves. Keep right on preventing it until a vaccine or remedial drugs become available.
It is easier to prevent an infection than to try and remediate it without a cure.
It is easier to avoid a gunshot then perform surgery to correct it.

#3171 4 years ago

There are asking me if I would like a check for $1200 and full salary unemployment for four months.

What should I tell them?

#3172 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There are asking me if I would like a check for $1200 and full salary unemployment for four months.
What should I tell them?

Tell them the pinball economy cannot survive on such a piddly sum.

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

let's start with Goldman Sachs? I'm talking the big guys who have stolen from the coffers in the past.

More like the coffins. Of true, hardworking people. Past, present and future (if the status quo holds). Why this is so hard for some to understand is beyond me. It’s the riddle, wrapped in a mystery couched in the enigma of our times.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Tell them the pinball economy cannot survive on such a piddly sum.

Mine can.

I couldn't have written that bill any better.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:Now that is funny right there.

It’s actually a good post, but paragraph’s lives matter.

#3176 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

More like the coffins.

That's one thing Germany won't be needing.

Too soon?

#3177 4 years ago

So the CDC is now reporting that the virus has been found on the Princess cruise ship up to 17 days. That's a pretty damn long time for the virus to be on a surface.

Also if these PPE's are so great and prevent the transmission why are healthcare workers contracting the disease and dying? Perhaps they help but they certainly doesn't seem to be fool proof.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Bless your heart

Power Plant Operators, Food service workers, Telephone and Internet providers, all of the people required to work and face the Public to keep this Nation operating are just as important as healthcare providers. We are all in this together and shouldn't be respecters of persons.

#3179 4 years ago

The friend of mine who logged the data works at Batteries Plus.

Screenshot_20200325-180806_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200325-180806_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3180 4 years ago

Bernie Sanders said it's his way or the highway and if they do not agree he will hold the bill up. WTF?

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Still delivering the official spiel huh? You know it would be better if everyone had access to 3m -95 masks, every case that is avoided on the street is a case that doesn't end up in the ER. I taught PPE to 120 workers at a chemical plant and it takes 30 seconds to properly don a mask.
With calls to return to normalcy as soon as possible masks and gloves are the ESSENTIAL tools to do this. People that must continue to work need masks and gloves, period.

I’m delivering the truth. This will be my last response to you.

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

So the CDC is now reporting that the virus has been found on the Princess cruise ship up to 17 days. That's a pretty damn long time for the virus to be on a surface.
Also if these PPE's are so great and prevent the transmission why are healthcare workers contracting the disease and dying? Perhaps they help but they certainly doesn't seem to be fool proof.

Nothing is foolproof. We all need a fighting chance. There is no cure, ventilators are a desperate,last ditch attempt to save a life. Isn't it worth trying to prevent getting to this point?
1000 dollar checks? Why do they not force Companies to scale up production for masks? Does it have something to with ridiculous Patents or Trademarks? Send me a few boxes of 3M -95 and keep the cash.

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m delivering the truth. This will be my last response to you.

Don't mind him. He means well, he's just afraid, like many.

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bernie Sanders say it his or the highway and if they do not agree he will hold the bill up. WTF?

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The friend of mine who logged the data works at Batteries Plus.[quoted image]

He is taking a poll?

#3186 4 years ago

Young people don't go to batteries plus because the only electronics they use are Apple products. They just throw those away before/when the batteries die

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bernie Sanders said it's his way or the highway and if they do not agree he will hold the bill up. WTF?

If Bernie gets this, I think his fight to the bitter end campaign is effectively over. He looks like he already has one foot in the grave. No way he'd survive Covid19.

#3188 4 years ago

If I walked in, they would probably mark me down as a millennial.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Good. The Bill is a POS.

I know Bernie wants more of the same, but let him hold it up. Call his bluff.

His Political Career is already over and he's just posturing for his final payoff. Let him eat it.

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't mind him. He means well, he's just afraid, like many.

No, I am not afraid. Knowledge takes the fear away. Can I speak for you on how you are feeling? Yeah

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

His Political Career is already over and he's just posturing for his final payoff. Let him eat it.

I figured we'd be getting more hot air in four years.

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No, I am not afraid. Knowledge takes the fear away. Can I speak for you on how you are feeling? Yeah

Your knowledge is conspiratory. That's not knowledge, that's speculation. It is the product of fear.

#3193 4 years ago

Let me try to explain the n-95 issue a bit. I can understand why someone would question why a healthcare worker would need an n-95 yet they don’t need one for personal use. Here’s why:

N-95s are currently recommended during aerosolization procedures like intubations or bronchoscopies. This is because during these procedures air and material from inside the lungs are aerosolized into the air and put the doctors and nurses doing the procedure at high risk. PPE is a matter of degrees. You could argue that everyone being in level 4 isolation suits would be the best but that simply isn’t possible. Neither is everyone walking to the grocery store wearing an N-95. For walking around, a simple surgical mask has been shown to be effective in protecting yourself from another person who may cough or sneeze. Staying 6 feet away from others is also effective.

If you take the selfish route and decide your personal need for an N-95 with low risk of exposure is higher than an ICU doc who is swimming in virus during a procedure while trying to save someone else’s life....well I don’t know what to say to that.

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Young people don't go to batteries plus because the only electronics they use are Apple products. They just throw those away before/when the batteries die

They are also super expensive for what it is...the younger crowd can find it cheaper online.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Good. The Bill is a POS.
I know Bernie wants more of the same, but let him hold it up. Call his bluff.

I have to agree, but unfortunately, the people suffering now want something now, they aren't looking at the long run, so any hold ups are going to be twisted into an evil 'anti american' agenda. If the people selected to run the country actually had to live by the same rules as everyone else, we would have less of these conflicts of interest.

#3196 4 years ago

These bailout bills always screw people from high cost of living states. $75000 income living in Mississippi goes a lot farther than $75000 in NY or CA. Last year was a good year for some of us, so we won’t get a dime from this bailout. This years income will be pretty bad but unfortunately will not be taken into account. Oh well.

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I've never smelled any of the ammonia when using them.

Can you smell through n95 mask?

They are filter masks that fit over the nose and mouth, and when properly fitted, can filter 95% of particles. However, N95 masks do not filter toxic gases, vapors or the smell of smoke.

Now let’s get back on topic.

#3198 4 years ago

From Bernie:

"Unless these Republican Senators drop their objections, I am prepared to put a hold on this bill until stronger conditions are imposed on the $500 billion corporate welfare fund to make sure that any corporation receiving financial assistance under this legislation does not lay off workers, cut wages or benefits, ship jobs overseas, or pay workers poverty wages," he continued.

#3199 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

the younger crowd can find it cheaper online.

They are obviously smarter than the prior generations.

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:They are obviously smarter than the prior generation.

Or have less money, I still prefer to go into a brick and mortar even if I know I’ll pay a few dollars more

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/64?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.