272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 576.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

If someone say's "why does 85% of this stuff seem to originate in USA" is that racist?
Asking for a friend.

Tell your "friend" NO

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You should apply for a CEO position and show them how it's done. I hear there are a few openings....

On second thought. Nah, I'm good. Never been greedy. I have morals. You sure seem to be taking this personally. Why would a billionaire be wasting his time around here?

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

We will know soon, they tested all 32 on the bus. Hopefully this didn’t mutate into another human to human virus. Symptoms apparently very similar to Covid - 19 but with a 30% mortality rate.

Hantavirus does not spread human to human. They’re testing the bus because they were all in the same place and could have been exposed.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I received at least a phone call a week for a year before I finally shut them down. They have no idea how to make you want to come back.

Just tell them you banged a heard of sheep in Africa last month. They will never call you again!

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On second thought. Nah, I'm good. Never been greedy. I have morals.

Uh....I have read some of your posts in the stock market thread....just saying.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Hantavirus does not spread human to human. They’re testing the bus because they were all in the same place and could have been exposed.

Could it not mutate into human to human?

Wasn’t this particular Covid 19 supposed to be non transmissible between humans as well?

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Uh....I have read some of your posts in the stock market thread....just saying.

Which means what exactly? Do you think that anyone deserves to make 300x or more than anyone who works for them and beg for a bail out? You seem to think I'm against capitalism which I'm not. I'm just very anti predatory capitalism which is the state this country has been in for some time. Even if what I say sounds like a generalization, if it doesn't apply to you, then don't take it personally. I have nothing but respect for people who've built something for themselves honestly.

#3108 4 years ago

I could only find the 2018 map for HantaVirus, or as some people say America Virus. /s

It's pretty rare (around 800 known cases since 1993 in the US) and human to human is super rare. So you guys can stop with that one now and look for something else.

Screenshot 2020-03-25 15.10.57 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-03-25 15.10.57 (resized).png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 15.08.38 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-03-25 15.08.38 (resized).png
#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could it not mutate into human to human?
Wasn’t this particular Covid 19 supposed to be non transmissible between humans as well?

No, COVID-19 is a new virus that leapt from animal to human. Hantavirus has been around for a long time and has never transmitted human to human. The virus is shed in mice and rat feces and urine. Humans get it when they inhale the dust from the urine and feces. It’s a very rare disease and localized to very specific areas of the world.

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's the ONLY place that I go for my news. Anything else is fake news!

You know what other demographic gets all it’s information from one source? Cult members....
So if your current life plans don’t work out for you at least you will have another option.

#3111 4 years ago

No, COVID-19 is a new virus that leapt from animal to human. Hantavirus has been around for a long time and has never transmitted human to human. The virus is shed in mice and rat feces and urine. Humans get it when they inhale the dust from the urine and feces. It’s a very rare disease and localized to very specific areas of the world.

Ok - thx for clarifying that.

#3112 4 years ago

N-95s are not needed for the average citizen and if people buy up N-95s that means there won’t be any for the healthcare workers who do need them. A simple surgical mask will do fine for the average citizen going about their day in the public.
N-95s have to be fit to the face and you have to know your size for them to be truly effective. Docs wear them when performing high risk procedures like intubations. Please don’t go out and buy N-95s. Donate them to hospitals.

Luckily I took up the hobby of playfield restoration a few years ago. I bought one of these bad boys which might come in handy soon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Unfortunately...money doesn’t grow on trees.

How come that always get said when talking about helping our fellow citizens and is never mentioned when spending trillions on optional wars in the Middle East? We can afford it, we just don’t want to do what it takes to make it happen.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Luckily I took up the hobby of playfield restoration a few years ago. I bought one of these bad boys which might come in handy soon.[quoted image]

Yeah, that would work. I was planning to buy a respirator to start clear coating playfields. Fat chance of that now I guess.

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Luckily I took up the hobby of playfield restoration a few years ago. I bought one of these bad boys which might come in handy soon.[quoted image]

Hell, put that up for auction... you be a rich man!

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

Hell, put that up for auction... you be a rich man!

I've been thinking of wearing it along with a full Tyvek suit and gloves on my next grocery trip. Not because I think I need it, but more for the "shock and awe" effect.

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Unfortunately...money doesn’t grow on trees.

That is correct.
It actually grows in cotton fields.
The other 25% is linen.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.33.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-25 at 1.33.30 PM (resized).png
#3118 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Which means what exactly? Do you think that anyone deserves to make 300x or more than anyone who works for them and beg for a bail out? You seem to think I'm against capitalism which I'm not. I'm just very anti predatory capitalism which is the state this country has been in for some time. Even if what I say sounds like a generalization, if it doesn't apply to you, then don't take it personally. I have nothing but respect for people who've built something for themselves honestly.

There isn't anything wrong with being a capitalist or wanting to make money, and just because you do, doesn't necessary make you "greedy".

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

I've been thinking of wearing it along with a full Tyvek suit and gloves on my next grocery trip. Not because I think I need it, but more for the "shock and awe" effect.

Do it! I think the look on the check out clerks face would be priceless?!

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tell your "friend" NO

He and the CCP agree,

Covid 19 is now the “Japanese virus.” “Italian virus” “Iranian virus.” Soon to be the "USA virus"

https://bitterwinter.org/de-sinicizing-the-virus-how-ccp-propaganda-is-rewriting-history/

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not by me. The mis-informed who run their mouth were just parroting the talking heads saying masks don't work. This is lie is still being pushed but the body of evidence indicates they do indeed work. Those people who insisted otherwise should be called out. I get it, there was a Nationwide shortage and Medical people needed them
No reason to lie to the American people, they need to prevent this mess so the Doctors have less work to do.

So the medical experts are all lying and you’re the one who has the truth? Would you let someone with COVID-19 cough into your face while you’re wearing a mask?

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think u need a heavy dose of Hannity .... your right though....we should just shut down the world economy until nobody ever gets sick from this virus....brilliant theory....more people would die of poverty than the virus

He doesn't listen to Hannity, his go to is Rachel Maddow!!

#3123 4 years ago

So now that they are sending everyone money, I assume they are being mailed. Banks are going to get slammed. So much for quarantine if that is the case.

#3124 4 years ago

Why would you assume that? Hopefully most people can receive it via direct deposits just like their tax refunds. Let them implement this first...

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

There isn't anything wrong with being a capitalist or wanting to make money, and just because you do, doesn't necessary make you "greedy".

You're correct, and that isn't what I said. That's how you took it. My assumption being that the people in the money category I'm talking about don't frequent this place. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So now that they are sending everyone money, I assume they are being mailed. Banks are going to get slammed. So much for quarantine.

They could do it like the IRS does and do a transaction right in your account I suppose but there would still be many that they would have to mail too.

#3127 4 years ago

Damn you guys type fast!!!!!lol

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why would you assume that? Hopefully most people can receive it via direct deposits just like their tax refunds. Let them implement this first...

Because the people who need it the most most likely didn't file tax returns the last 2 years because they didn't make enough which means no tax refunds or direct deposits. (granted I don't know what those numbers are)

#3129 4 years ago

N-95s are not needed for the average citizen and if people buy up N-95s that means there won’t be any for the healthcare workers who do need them. A simple surgical mask will do fine for the average citizen going about their day in the public.
N-95s have to be fit to the face and you have to know your size for them to be truly effective. Docs wear them when performing high risk procedures like intubations. Please don’t go out and buy N-95s. Donate them to hospitals.

Still delivering the official spiel huh? You know it would be better if everyone had access to 3m -95 masks, every case that is avoided on the street is a case that doesn't end up in the ER. I taught PPE to 120 workers at a chemical plant and it takes 30 seconds to properly don a mask.
With calls to return to normalcy as soon as possible masks and gloves are the ESSENTIAL tools to do this. People that must continue to work need masks and gloves, period.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Still delivering the official spiel huh? You know it would be better if everyone had access to 3m -95 masks, every case that is avoided on the street is a case that doesn't end up in the ER. I taught PPE to 120 workers at a chemical plant and it takes 30 seconds to properly don a mask.
With calls to return to normalcy as soon as possible masks and gloves are the ESSENTIAL tools to do this. People that must continue to work need masks and gloves, period.

What about body condoms?

#3131 4 years ago

What about the homeless that could be a challenge to get to them. What do you think?

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What about body condoms?

I've seen Haley Berry in what amounts to a body condom and I approve that message.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Yes, look at how people go about in some other countries. All wearing masks in public. I’m all for it if we had enough masks. But unfortunately we don’t right now, someday soon I hope we do.
Tomorrow I go to the grocery, wearing my painting respirator and gloves, (own a painting company). I grew up with asthma and want nothing to due with this respiratory virus.

12E1E247-62F6-4C00-AC85-4B025667D564 (resized).jpeg12E1E247-62F6-4C00-AC85-4B025667D564 (resized).jpeg
#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I taught PPE to 120 workers at a chemical plant and it takes 30 seconds to properly don a mask.

But a virus is very very tiny. It's not a chemical where you can mitigate harm by blocking most of it. I think the virus goes through an N95 mask as easily as a neutrino goes through our bodies.

EDIT: I don't know, but I'll listen to the experts on this one (like our doctor friend here).

#3135 4 years ago

Presidential message, this was Simpson’s esque satire just a few years ago, so sad:

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What about body condoms?

It is better to prevent a pregnancy, or sickness than to resort to surgery

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

But a virus is very very tiny. It's not a chemical where you can mitigate harm by blocking most of it. I think the virus goes through an N95 mask as easily as a neutrino goes through our bodies.

Not according to the CDC

#3138 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No I don't think so it is filtered out, I used those regularly for fumes and they are pretty effective if used correctly. I could be wrong though so don't listen to me.lol

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

People that must continue to work need masks and gloves, period.

I wear a R95 mask at work now. They have hundreds for sale on Amazon and ebay. Anyone that has work in the public should have one. I did buy some surgical masks but read that they don't protect you as good as the 95masks do.

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

EDIT: I don't know, but I'll listen to the experts on this one (like our doctor friend here).

Doesn’t

#3141 4 years ago

I just did something productive.

The hill above my house offers a beautiful view of the northern part of Orange County. And right in the middle is the Disneyland Resort where at one time you could watch the fireworks every night and people shared germs like candy on Halloween. I remember when the only three structures sticking up were two hotels and the Matterhorn.

Just thought I'd share this on such a beautiful day.

DSCN6720 (resized).JPGDSCN6720 (resized).JPG
#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No I don't think so it is filtered out, I used those regularly for fumes and they are pretty effective if used correctly. I could be wrong though so don't listen to me.lol

N95 does nothing for fumes

#3143 4 years ago

“Sacrifice grandpa to save the economy”doesn’t seem like the best re election motto....but what do I know. I thought Trump needed the senior citizen vote to win re election. I’m sure they are fine with being sacrificed and will not take it personal though.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I've never smelled any of the ammonia when using them.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

“Sacrifice grandpa to save the economy”doesn’t seem like the best re election motto....but what do I know. I thought Trump needed the senior citizen vote to win re election. I’m sure they are fine with being sacrificed and will not take it personal though.

That saying has/had nothing to do with Trump. Nice try to make it look that way though.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Because the people who need it the most most likely didn't file tax returns the last 2 years because they didn't make enough which means no tax refunds or direct deposits. (granted I don't know what those numbers are)

Actually, living in a depressed area, a lot people that do not have an income file taxes because they get an Earned Income Credit. You can show 0 income and get a refund because of this.

#3147 4 years ago

It is easier to stop and infection than to treat it.Whoever gets in front of this and demands masks be made available to the general Public will be appreciated. When production does ramp up they will then require people working in public to use them.
2 Frito Lay workers shut down an entire Plant cause of infection. I'm sure everyone involved would have appreciated masks and gloves.
Remember, 1 mask protects 2 people (or more).

#3148 4 years ago

And as I was driving up the hill to take that pic, this came on the radio. How appropriate.

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Quoted from RWH:

I've never smelled any of the ammonia when using them.

You need P95 for fumes. There are N95 good, R95 better, P95 best. This is what some painters respirator are.
I'm no expert, just know when I used to paint cars I always had to have P95 filters.

#3150 4 years ago

In the US, it is typically in the desert southwest. We had a small cluster of it several years back in So. Utah.

Didn't realize they had it over in China as well. When I read the initial post that they were testing everyone on the bus, the first thing that leapt into my mind was another concern over the virus possibly mutating and jumping human to human.

While not likely, it isn't impossible. I think SARS and now Covid19 have taught us that.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/63?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.