Topic Stats

• 21,385 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,078 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
20210116_224325 (resized).jpg
20210116_224251 (resized).jpg
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg
E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif
Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21394 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 428.
#3051 10 months ago

Which I think is fine..the middle class is already going to eat this in taxes for the rest of our lives.

#3052 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If only the Red Cross vampires would leave me alone since I donated. Their persistence can make you think twice about ever donating again.

Man they are horrible when giving blood, I come back and my arm just turns black and blue where they stick me. I have blood taken at the docs (admittedly much less than giving blood) and I barely have a mark.

#3053 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Which I think is fine..the middle class is already going to eat this in taxes for the rest of our lives.

The middle class wasted long ago. They were absorbed into the lower class ...

#3054 10 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Cycle this until we get to vaccine, more effective treatment, or herd immunity.

Or gloves and N-95 masks for all US Citizens who need them. With the proper PPE we can go back to sense of normalcy by Easter. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Yeah, they tried to lie to us early on saying they don't work and to donate them to Pro's.
Now that lie has been discarded we can work toward everyone having these items, learning how to use them, and using them.
Instead of cussing people not at home we can cuss them for not wearing a mask and gloves.

#3055 10 months ago
Quoted from chad:

he middle class wasted long ago. They were absorbed into the lower class ...

One of the few actual truths spoken in this thread!

#3056 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Man they are horrible when giving blood, I come back and my arm just turns black and blue where they stick me.

I received at least a phone call a week for a year before I finally shut them down. They have no idea how to make you want to come back.

#3057 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed...setting an arbitrary date whatever it may be is irresponsible. Once we get a better handle on things and the testing is “caught up” and trends and info analyzed, only then can dates be discussed.

Watching last night, I viewed/hoped the date was more a goal post. It's unreasonable to set a date of any kind, yet at the same time humans need a sense of hope, an idea that stability, as opposed to anarchy, does and will exist again.

The idea is sound. We really need to wait for the execution of the idea for assessment/judgement.

Every day at this point seems like a week. I don't feel it's reasonable for anyone to feel like any plan of action won't shift and develop as the virus does. Last night during the briefing, even if stubborn, I got the sense that flexibility exists in the cards, as much as the goal post.

#3058 10 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Or gloves and N-95 masks for all US Citizens who need them. With the proper PPE we can go back to sense of normalcy by Easter. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Yeah, they tried to lie to us early on saying they don't work and to donate them to Pro's.
Now that lie has been discarded we can work toward everyone having these items, learning how to use them, and using them.
Instead of cussing people not at home we can cuss them for not wearing a mask and gloves.

I think someone started a thread about buying Masks and got skewered in january, by loyalists.

#3059 10 months ago

I honest think we need to wait until sometime very close to end of April 2th-27th and then revisit and see where our country is at before we do anything.

#3060 10 months ago

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks. For this to work government would have to cover all bills, small businesses, etc. These could be loans that were forgiven if you abided by the quarantine. But we chose another way to address the problem. Get back to work and let the virus run it’s course. Notwithstanding the lung and heart damage the virus causes in young and old who survive the illness. What a cluster.

15D19BA6-8F6A-4ABF-9E54-857F02BB46A2 (resized).jpeg727632A9-F6D7-43BB-A4A8-0DA0F3729D47 (resized).jpeg
#3061 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

I honest think we need to wait until sometime very close to end of April 2th-27th and then revisit and see where our country is at before we do anything.

It will show more infections and more deaths, with more testing, which will result in more human fear and panic.
The numbers wont go down for months, at best, unless we get lucky in Science.

#3062 10 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

I honest think I should do almost exactly what I did yesterday.

#3063 10 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think someone started a thread about buying Masks and got skewered in january.

Not by me. The mis-informed who run their mouth were just parroting the talking heads saying masks don't work. This is lie is still being pushed but the body of evidence indicates they do indeed work. Those people who insisted otherwise should be called out. I get it, there was a Nationwide shortage and Medical people needed them
No reason to lie to the American people, they need to prevent this mess so the Doctors have less work to do.

#3064 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks. For this to work government would have to cover all bills, small businesses, etc. These could be loans that were forgiven if you abided by the quarantine. But we chose another way to address the problem. Get back to work and let the virus run it’s course. Notwithstanding the lung and heart damage the virus causes in young and old who survive the illness. What a cluster.[quoted image][quoted image]

You mean the answer for all people is to have saved 3 months of $$$ or a Credit Card?

i save, my brother does not. He earns close to 7 figures with nothing saved. He will lose his cash flow, so he wants the country opened now!

My neighbor was crying for losing $30K in his retirement.
My other friend, lost 60 Million in one portfolio, he doesnt care, he is still playing golf, and Tennis in Boca.

Crazy, huh?

#3065 10 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not by me. The mis-informed who run their mouth were just parroting the talking heads saying masks don't work. This is lie is still being pushed but the body of evidence indicates they do indeed work. Those people who insisted otherwise should be called out. I get it, there was a Nationwide shortage and Medical people needed them
No reason to lie to the American people, they need to prevent this mess so the Doctors have less work to do. Thanks for the down vote!

Vote click error on my part, fixed

#3066 10 months ago

Well that's the rub isn't it. Do you think those CEO's that are begging to have their companies bailed out with barely any provisions (if the current draft is accurate) are worried about money right now? Hell no, they have money. Apparently they get paid too much or something...sounds like piss poor money management to me. If only they could pay their employees less, they'd have more money for the company. This is why you can't convince me that throwing money at them is an answer. It's a quick fix to try to get markets up and that's it.

#3067 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks.

Nope. It will still be waiting for you 12 months from now, not just 12 days or 12 weeks.

It is here and like all Viral outbreaks, it is here to stay.

All they can hope to mitigate is a surge on services. Nothing done know will preclude it from spreading through the population in the next 2-3 years.

#3068 10 months ago
Quoted from bwill:

Rinse and repeat until people can get back to work

Unfortunately...money doesn’t grow on trees.

#3069 10 months ago
Screenshot_20200325-143903~2 (resized).png
#3070 10 months ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Unfortunately...money doesn’t grow on trees.

It does when avocados are going for a buck a piece.

#3071 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nope. It will still be waiting for you 12 months from now, not just 12 days or 12 weeks.
It is here and like all Viral outbreaks, it is here to stay.
All they can hope to mitigate is a surge on services. Nothing done know will preclude it from spreading through the population in the next 2-3 years.

#3072 10 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It will show more infections and more deaths, with more testing, which will result in more human fear and panic.
The numbers wont go down for months, at best, unless we get lucky in Science.

Well in that case we extend it, that's the purpose for revisiting to see where we're at.

#3073 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I really feel like this is way off topic *kidding*

#3074 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks.

So you mean bringing the military in for Martial Law right? Telling people to stay home for three months is still done on the honor system that you will not go out unless it's essential. I'm going to work tonight to keep generation running on the power grid, should I stay home and let people go without power?

#3075 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

Hand raised.

Genuinely thought it was Thursday.

#3076 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

So you mean bringing the military in for Martial Law right? Telling people to stay home for three months is still done on the honor system that you will not go out unless it's essential. I'm going to work tonight to keep generation running on the power grid, should I stay home and let people go without power?

Moats with sharks with laser beams. It's the only way to be sure.

#3078 10 months ago

Let's see. If I go do something productive and come back in say three hours, what's the over/under on 500 new posts?

#3079 10 months ago

But, before I do, it looks like that stock market stimulus surge is petering out.

#3080 10 months ago

I just saw this in a comment in an article about that spring break kid:

"Someone should issue a stay-at-home challenge. His generation loves to do those so they can get attention".

#3081 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's see. If I go do something productive and come back in say three hours,

Wait, I thought you were going to do what you did yesterday? That implies you actually did something productive yesterday?

#3082 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

But, before I do, it looks like that stock market stimulus surge is petering out.

Nah people are selling off their trades as end of day approaches. I think this is how it will be for awhile. Having said that, last 2 days have been quite a run.

#3083 10 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

The virus can be stopped dead in its tracks if you enforce strict home isolation for 12 weeks. For this to work government would have to cover all bills, small businesses, etc. These could be loans that were forgiven if you abided by the quarantine. But we chose another way to address the problem. Get back to work and let the virus run it’s course. Notwithstanding the lung and heart damage the virus causes in young and old who survive the illness. What a cluster.[quoted image][quoted image]

What you are talking about is impossible to achieve. There are millions that have to work or we will not have food, hospital care, electricity, running water, law enforcement, etc, etc. Not to mention, where is the government getting all this money to cover everything you speak of? This all goes back to a point I made a few hours ago that many people ARE working right now and have to.

#3084 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wtf is going on in China, now they are reporting a human Hatanvirus death from rats. One died and now they are testing a whole bus load to see if it is spreading human to human.

Good hell, what next?... and why does 85% of this stuff seem to originate in China?

#3085 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

and why does 85% of this stuff seem to originate in China?

Well, now you're just being racist. /

#3086 10 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wait, I thought you were going to do what you did yesterday? That implies you actually did something productive yesterday?

I have a project or two.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/52#post-5550230

#3087 10 months ago

Did you get your official card from the president on how to weather these trying times. I for one feel lots better.
0C1610A5-B35F-4DD6-B809-8D8A0BD79A3C (resized).jpeg60F0C7C5-7D83-469A-BF3E-49A3A8536CDA (resized).jpeg

#3088 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Oh brother. Give it a rest.

#3089 10 months ago
Screenshot_20200325-145554~2 (resized).png
#3090 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Oh brother. Give it a rest.

I believe he was just joking. At least...I hope he was.

#3091 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Good hell, what next?... and why does 85% of this stuff seem to originate in China?

We have native Hanta here too. Pretty sure this is sensationalizing of a non-threat. Here's a news story - let's get us some clicks!

Carried by rodents in urine and feces. Gets in the news here every once in while because someone camping or in a dirty house usually out west inhales dust from a mouse nest and gets infected.

It's pretty much the least of our worries at the moment.

#3092 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I believe he was just joking.

How could anyone not get that?

#3093 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I believe he was just joking. At least...I hope he was.

Yeah I couldn't tell. If so, my apologies. If serious, no apology

#3094 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well that's the rub isn't it. Do you think those CEO's that are begging to have their companies bailed out with barely any provisions (if the current draft is accurate) are worried about money right now? Hell no, they have money. Apparently they get paid too much or something...sounds like piss poor money management to me. If only they could pay their employees less, they'd have more money for the company. This is why you can't convince me that throwing money at them is an answer. It's a quick fix to try to get markets up and that's it.

You should apply for a CEO position and show them how it's done. I hear there are a few openings....

#3095 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

We have native Hanta here too. Pretty sure this is sensationalizing of a non-threat. Here's a news story - let's get us some clicks!
Carried by rodents in urine and feces. Gets in the news here every once in while because someone camping or in a dirty house usually out west inhales dust from a mouse nest and gets infected.
It's pretty much the least of our worries at the moment.

We will know soon, they tested all 32 on the bus. Hopefully this didn’t mutate into another human to human virus. Symptoms apparently very similar to Covid - 19 but with a 30% mortality rate.

#3096 10 months ago
bill (resized).jpg
#3097 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If someone say's "why does 85% of this stuff seem to originate in USA" is that racist?

Asking for a friend.

#3098 10 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

N-95s are not needed for the average citizen and if people buy up N-95s that means there won’t be any for the healthcare workers who do need them. A simple surgical mask will do fine for the average citizen going about their day in the public.

N-95s have to be fit to the face and you have to know your size for them to be truly effective. Docs wear them when performing high risk procedures like intubations. Please don’t go out and buy N-95s. Donate them to hospitals.

#3099 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

How could anyone not get that?

I'm fluent in sarcasm.

#3100 10 months ago

I'm having Italian food tonight with Mexican Beer and American whisky, so there!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 1,099.00
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
There are 21394 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 428.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside