272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 576.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He's not sidelined....fake news....

Yea, I hadn't seen the press conference or any notes regarding anything he'd said for a few days. Glad he's still kicking.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

35M in there

Is that the latest boogie man? You keep repeating it. Hard to keep up! Maybe focus on which people fought for workers in the bill...get ready for your mind to be baaahlooown.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is that the latest boogie man? You keep repeating it. Hard to keep up! Maybe focus on which people fought for workers in the bill...get ready for your mind to be baaahlooown.

I do admit, some of that stuff was stupid AF...but yes, they keep focusing on those points rather than the bigger ones.

#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

...good thing they got that $35M in there for the Kennedy Center...that will really help this mess were in

And it goes right into the pockets of the poor.

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

We get it, you just don't like hearing it.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

https://www.popplock.com/en
There may be some of these left, because of the world now.
Normally, people keep, but when they finish production and go up for Auction,
it is usually, a 2x to 3X price, because demand outstrips supply, and you have to be on a list.
I just sold this yesterday at auction, for just under $4K, with an $800 cost.[quoted image]

Damn. Did you find the road to riches, or what?

#2907 4 years ago

Here it comes:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's been pretty easy to track. On one side you only hear: they want all these other things that don't concern the issue at hand. On the other side you hear: they want to give all the money to the corporations untethered, scraps to everyone else.

Seems pretty cut and dry. Neither side are denying what the other is saying.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, I hadn't seen the press conference or any notes regarding anything he'd said for a few days. Glad he's still kicking.

He's still around, but tired of the media trying to manipulate him:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-anthony-fauci-slams-media-for-attempting-to-create-a-rift-between-him-and-trump-i-wish-that-would-stop

#2910 4 years ago

Irony, thy name is: someone complaining about media manipulation by posting Fox News links.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irony of someone complaining about media manipulation posting Fox News links.

LOL I was about to post the same thing.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Heard it the first time and am able to look at the big picture. Thanks to Professor Warren we have oversight and a BAN on stock buybacks on the 500 billion Mnuchin fund. Thanks to the minority we have slightly better unemployment benefits—added a month plus additional cash...they wanted more but a turtle fought it. Not sure why you’re obsessed with scoring a dig on this...peace and health to you. I wish upon you the ability to use critical thinking. Peace and love, peace and love.

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irony, thy name is: someone complaining about media manipulation by posting Fox News links.

Well then, show us where Fauci has gone on another network and complained that Fox quoted him out of context. Or, continue to dip all of your posts in a healthy dose of virtue signaling.

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Heard it the first time and am able to look at the big picture. Thanks to Professor Warren we have oversight and a BAN on stock buybacks on the 500 billion Mnuchin fund. Thanks to the minority we have slightly better unemployment benefits—added a month plus additional cash...they wanted more but a turtle fought it. Not sure why you’re obsessed with scoring a dig on this...peace and health to you. I wish upon you the ability to use critical thinking. Peace and love, peace and love.

The bill also prohibits elected officials in the executive and legislative branches from dipping into the $500 billion to prop up their own failing businesses, including hotels and golf courses. This is huge.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's always funny until someone loses an eye.
Or when a contaminated city seeks shelter and ends up spreading the infection.

I think just the general tone ends up irking me. President bashing and supporting, annoy me equally. It's like guys, we get which side of the fence you're on, enough already....

I'm not one to cheerlead for any nozzle in politics or corporate. I can only hope for the best from them, and most likely....assume the worst from them.

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well then, show us where Fauci has gone on another network and complained that Fox quoted him out of context. Or, continue to dip all of your posts in a healthy dose of virtue signaling.

Fauci isn’t “slamming” the media any more than he’s “slamming” his boss. Fauci doesn’t “slam” anybody, he’s simply trying to do his job as well as he can until he’s fired and replaced by Meat Loaf later this week, or contracts the virus due to his daily facepalms. Enjoy his guidance while it lasts.

#2917 4 years ago

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The bill also prohibits elected officials in the executive and legislative branches from dipping into the $500 billion to prop up their own failing businesses, including hotels and golf courses. This is huge.

The money will just have to go through an intermediary now. Career grifters will always figure out new ways to grift as the game changes.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It's more about Fox is not at all non biased, non sensationalist, or non misleading. This is fact and has been fact. Go read the link Daditude made regarding the bill, and see just how one sided and biased they can be.

I will give them credit that they actually turned a corner during this crisis to make some callouts when they needed to be made.

This in no way means I think CNN/CNBC, etc are any better. Let's just not pretend that one is any better than the other. They are all slanted to whoever they bow to.

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

virtue signaling

I hate that term. It's just made up weasel FUD used to distract and complain that someone dares have a differing viewpoint. But it most often seems those who complain about "virtue signaling" have an indefensible position. I mean, nothing prevents them from "signaling" their own "virtues", right? Or are they seeing virtue in a counterargument, and worried for the lack of such in their own position?

It's such a bizarre term.

#2921 4 years ago

The media is being easy on them, IMO. Trump, Birx, and Pence were all breaking their own arms patting themselves on the back in the press conference yesterday about TESTING of all things. As if we were somehow ahead of the curve on that now. That was some straight up 1984 bullshit right there.

Maybe it's good reporters didn't take the bait and hammer them as there is nothing we can do about it now and time was probably better spent on other questions.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's more about Fox is not at all non biased, sensationalist, or misleading. This is fact and has been fact. Go read the link Daditude made regarding the bill, and see just how one sided and biased they can be.
I will give them credit that they actually turned a corner during this crisis to make some callouts when they needed to be made.
This in no way means I think CNN/CNBC, etc are any better. Let's just not pretend that one is any better than the other.

I didn't say that Fox is less biased than the other networks. I no longer trust any of them. I googled Fauci and Fox happened to be the news outlet that had the article I posted, which kind of explained where Fauci has been.

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I didn't say that Fox is less biased than the other networks.

Anyone that puts trust in any of the news outlets is an idiot, they ALL have their agendas bar none.

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I didn't say that Fox is less biased than the other networks. I no longer trust any of them. I googled Fauci and Fox happened to be the news outlet that had the article I posted, which kind of explained where Fauci has been.

"I don't trust any of the news outlets" is sort of a both sides argument, but in reverse.

We are getting both sides arguments quite a bit today.

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I hate that term. It's just made up weasel FUD used to complain that some has a different viewpoint. In fact it most often seem that those who complain about "virtue signaling" have an indefensible position. I mean, nothing prevents them from "signaling" their own "virtues", right? Or are they seeing virtue in a counterargument, and worried for the lack of such in their own position?
It's such a bizarre term.

I would agree that it's a bizarre term. However, it's perfect for describing so many of the posts in this thread. Some people just can't help but sneak in some snide comment into their posts to subtly remind everyone that they hate the President, or hate politicians from the other side. It has to be threaded very carefully to avoid moderation while still reminding or signaling others what the real problem is (wink-wink). It's really bringing down an otherwise good and important Coronavirus thread.

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It has to be threaded very carefully to avoid moderation while still reminding or signaling others what the real problem is (wink-wink). It's really bringing down an otherwise good and important Coronavirus thread.

Some are exempt or simply the luckiest bastards in the world, I'm not that's for damn sure.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Here it comes:[quoted image]

Wife works for a private hospital network and I can tell you that this crisis has destroyed their business model. Two weeks ago they were looking at being unable to pay the doctors past April. Now thanks to maxing out the credit lines and assurances from the state, they will be able to pay “something”.

The hospital networks are getting slammed big time. Most private ones are “not for profit” and so have a mission to use a portion of profits to serve unprofitable locations. Satellite clinics are going to be closed permanently unless someone steps in.

So, there are only a few ways to save the networks. Blank checks are one. Perma taking over is another. I hope we choose a third path of temporary support. (Govt takes over and keeps the lights on until the networks get back on their feet).

Honestly any path that keeps clinics open is acceptable to me at this point.

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.good thing they got that $35M in there for the Kennedy Center...that will really help this mess were in

I assume you don't know or have ever met people who work in the performing arts. Just so you are aware, most of the stagehands, designers, actors, etc are not earning huge salaries doing this work. They are not working and not earning at this time and since most are independent contractors they don't get unemployment.

Here is the bill text: 'funds provided in this Act shall be made available to cover operating expenses required to ensure the continuity of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and its affiliates, including for employee compensation and benefits, grants, contracts, payments for rent or utilities, fees for artists or performers'

The amount is a pittance compared to what is being handed out to major industries and much will go into protecting people who create art for living. I really don't see why this is making someone upset, unless I guess you just hate art?

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Looks like we have a giant aid package that just passed. I wonder if we're going to see inflation or if it will be all relative. If we do see it, I hate the fact that I'll be punished for being a good manager and saver with my finances.

I keep hearing that inflation is not a problem. That's what all of the government mouthpieces tell me. The country has succeeded in getting house prices jacked back so all of the people who were underwater in 2009 are no longer under water. Some of those are selling and a new group of replacements could wind up taking their place. But inflation is under control.

I go to the grocery store a couple of times a week. The stores all have milk priced at a $1.89 per gallon as they are busy sneaking prices up on everything else.

10 years ago, inflation was a problem, but it was hidden, not by prices going up but by package sizes going down. Cat food went from a 20 pound bag to a 16 pound bag (-25%). The price stayed the same. That is a 30% increase in unit price. It is the same for everything. A bag of chips went down in size, but the price stayed the same. And most of the items, if you did the math, the smaller package/same price worked out to about a 30% increase. But people did not notice it as much because a bag of cat food still cost $10.00.

There is not too much more room for the packages to get smaller this time around.

Compounded with this was my observation that when gas prices went up, everybody raised their prices (or smaller packages), then gas fell back in price but prices stayed the same. Then gas prices went back up and everybody raised their prices again. Then gas backed off again but prices stayed the same. Gas prices went back up ands so did prices.

Now we are at low prices on gas again. But I have noticed any prices backing off. So when gas goes back up in price, everybody will start jacking their prices again.

With this flood of money, it seems inflation will be a no-brainer, but if everybody is broke from not working it is anybody's guess.

As far as you being punished for being a saver, you have been get bent over by The Fed with 0% interest rates. Wall Street took everybody for a ride with the collateralized mortgage bonds and the savers got to help pay for that fiasco/criminal? action by low rates.

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what am i supposed to about my dried up hands that I have from washing the shit out of them so much???? And don't say lotion either because while it helps it isnt helping enough. My hands feel like alligator skin dammit!!

An old construction workers trick; rub your hands down with Preparation H and wear a loose fitting glove. Next day healed!
The stuff used to have sharks liver oil in it, if they took it out it might not work miracles anymore.

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He's not sidelined....fake news....good thing they got that $35M in there for the Kennedy Center...that will really help this mess were in

$35 Million for Kennedy Center?
Complete Joke. Look up how much that Board is paid. That's some wasted money right there.

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

My sister's fiancee just tested positive, he has zero symptoms. Feb 29th he did share a beer with somebody who also now has it and is in very bad shape.

hey remember this post, I've contacted him and was hoping we could all just send him a positive note or two. I can't imagine his fright and feelings of helplessness and I pray I don't or any more of us have to face this.

Whatever words of comfort I'm sure would be welcome.
Stay safe for you and yours and all of us.

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

come on even you have to admit that some of the asks on the other side had nothing to do with dealing with our economic problems. I also enjoyed the piece on the NY Governor....apparently he had the opportunity to buy 16000 respirators yet refused to allocate the funds yet somehow its Washington's problem....its crazy the spin people put on the facts. I'm just happy that Washington and these Governors (mine included) seem to be working well together to solve this problem....now all we need to do is get back to work by Easter

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

$35 Million for Kennedy Center?
Complete Joke. Look up how much that Board is paid. That's some wasted money right there.

couldn't agree more....its a total joke

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

come on even you have to admit that some of the asks on the other side had nothing to do with dealing with our economic problems. I also enjoyed the piece on the NY Governor....apparently he had the opportunity to buy 16000 respirators yet refused to allocate the funds yet somehow its Washington's problem....its crazy the spin people put on the facts. I'm just happy that Washington and these Governors (mine included) seem to be working well together to solve this problem....now all we need to do is get back to work by Easter

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm off on easter. It's going to have to wait.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

An old construction workers trick; rub your hands down with Preparation H and wear a loose fitting glove. Next day healed!
The stuff used to have sharks liver oil in it, if they took it out it might not work miracles anymore.

Really I've never heard of that but I'd be willing to try it next time my hands are dry and cracking. I used to get cracking bad when I'd do tile work. I just could never work with the gloves on.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Really I've never heard of that but I'd be willing to try it next time my hands are dry and cracking. I used to get cracking bad when I'd do tile work. I just could never work with the gloves on.

I use vitamin e cream (basically like udder balm). Works great.

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

I assume you don't know or have ever met people who work in the performing arts. Just so you are aware, most of the stagehands, designers, actors, etc are not earning huge salaries doing this work. They are not working and not earning at this time and since most are independent contractors they don't get unemployment.
Here is the bill text: 'funds provided in this Act shall be made available to cover operating expenses required to ensure the continuity of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and its affiliates, including for employee compensation and benefits, grants, contracts, payments for rent or utilities, fees for artists or performers'
The amount is a pittance compared to what is being handed out to major industries and much will go into protecting people who create art for living. I really don't see why this is making someone upset, unless I guess you just hate art?

I actually know quite a bit since I've raised a lot of money over the years supporting the arts....why was the Kennedy center spelled out in the bill? Why wouldn't they be treated like all other businesses in the country....no business is immune to these issues including the arts

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I use vitamin e cream (basically like udder balm). Works great.

Yeah I used that and aloe vera crème and it works pretty good.

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The 16,000 ventilators story is a complete fabrication.

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/trump-slings-death-panels-lie-cuomo-taken-far-right-blogs

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Conspiracy theory nonsense.

Why do you believe this stuff?

And, the idea that we can or should all be back at work by Easter is so ridiculous it doesn't deserve comment. Once again, we are being lied to and apparently half the country is eating it up. This is the most shameful period in recent American history.

#2943 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why was the Kennedy center spelled out in the bill?

Because the US Government owns the Kennedy Center. It is the United States National Cultural Center. I'd consider it a business the same way I'd consider Yellowstone National Park a business. That's why.

#2944 4 years ago

It took a while but I finally caught up. Reading everything to see if there is something I can take away from this thread to make things better for myself.
Here’s what I observed:

59 pages of about 20 or so of the same dudes just trying to be the first to post info that was posted on another site. Then arguing with each other about if their post is true or how they feel about it.

Mixed with a dr chiming in to correct a few things which all got eclipsed by a tidal wave of arguments and trying to be the first to post other site’s info.

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It took a while but I finally caught up. Reading everything to see if there is something I can take away from this thread to make things better for myself.
Here’s what I observed:
59 pages of about 20 or so of the same dudes just trying to be the first to post info that was posted on another site. Then arguing with each other about if their post is true or how they feel about it.
Mixed with a dr chiming in to correct a few things which all got eclipsed by a tidal wave of arguments and trying to be the first to post other site’s info.

Thanks!

Now summarize the "close the top 100" thread for us please.

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Because the US Government owns the Kennedy Center. It is the United States National Cultural Center.

Good point, but they shouldn't be treated any differently than private businesses....

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks!
Now summarize the "close the top 100" thread for us please.

Ok give me a few moments I gotta pull them up

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Here’s what I observed:

You forgot to count the posts of people coming in only to post how bad the thread is...

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm wondering about that can you give any particulars. I don't work (retired) but my wife does (for about another week as they let her go) and I was just curious if they'll count me at all? I mean I obviously don't contribute to the economy GNP anymore and let me tell ya when that happens you're left out of a lot of things!

Goes by 2019 tax returns. Did you both file jointly and together less than 150k gross?

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Conspiracy theory nonsense.
Why do you believe this stuff?
And, the idea that we can or should all be back at work by Easter is so ridiculous it doesn't deserve comment. Once again, we are being lied to and apparently half the country is eating it up. This is the most shameful period in recent American history.

I think u need a heavy dose of Hannity .... your right though....we should just shut down the world economy until nobody ever gets sick from this virus....brilliant theory....more people would die of poverty than the virus

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.