272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 575 of 576.
#28701 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-patient-flown-texas-minnesota-192436383.html
" COVID Patient Flown to Texas After Minnesota Doctors Decided to Pull Plug on Ventilator"
“The last update I got was yesterday afternoon after some tests had been run; all organs are working except his lungs.”
Wow. I wish the man well. But somewhere in here his lungs have to be working or nothing else matters. He has been on a ventilator since November.

From a different article about him: "I think the world is watching what is going on with Scott," Holsten told FOX 9’s Paul Blume. "And as he gets better and better, we are going to see that you know what, there are protocols that should be used that hospitals have not been using. And I am hoping that changes are going to be made as a result of this case."

(Note: Holsten above is the families lawyer)

From me: I’ve been through having someone I love be on a ventilator from Covid, and the emotional roller coaster that comes with it. I sincerely doubt there has been no other organ damage after this much time, but hey, modern medicine? It sounds fishy that his family is saying they found out about his planned disconnection by reading a chart. I found doctors and nurses to be much more communicative than that.

I understand their desire to fight, but Scott (the patient) will never be the same. They are holding out too much hope here. It was time to say goodbye. And believe me, I remember exactly how much that day hurts. But after that, all they are doing is torturing him. Even if he lives, it’s going to be a disaster for him.

Finally, I saw a picture of the family around his bed, with two people wearing their masks around their necks. In a hospital… in a Covid ward… next to a person dying of Covid… and this is the family wanting to change hospital protocols…

#28702 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" COVID Patient Flown to Texas After Minnesota Doctors Decided to Pull Plug on Ventilator"
“The last update I got was yesterday afternoon after some tests had been run; all organs are working except his lungs.”
Wow. I wish the man well. But somewhere in here his lungs have to be working or nothing else matters. He has been on a ventilator since November.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/bottoms-anally-delivered-oxygen-keeps-pigs-and-mice-alive-180977767/

#28703 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

From a different article about him: "I think the world is watching what is going on with Scott," Holsten told FOX 9’s Paul Blume. "And as he gets better and better, we are going to see that you know what, there are protocols that should be used that hospitals have not been using. And I am hoping that changes are going to be made as a result of this case."
(Note: Holsten above is the families lawyer)
From me: I’ve been through having someone I love be on a ventilator from Covid, and the emotional roller coaster that comes with it. I sincerely doubt there has been no other organ damage after this much time, but hey, modern medicine? It sounds fishy that his family is saying they found out about his planned disconnection by reading a chart. I found doctors and nurses to be much more communicative than that.
I understand their desire to fight, but Scott (the patient) will never be the same. They are holding out too much hope here. It was time to say goodbye. And believe me, I remember exactly how much that day hurts. But after that, all they are doing is torturing him. Even if he lives, it’s going to be a disaster for him.
Finally, I saw a picture of the family around his bed, with two people wearing their masks around their necks. In a hospital… in a Covid ward… next to a person dying of Covid… and this is the family wanting to change hospital protocols…

I can only imagine how much his body/muscles have atrophied already.

#28704 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It was time to say goodbye. And believe me, I remember exactly how much that day hurts

I have had to say goodbye several times. for 2 of them, I was holding their hand as they drew their last breath. It does hurt. It is life.

My questions are financial. I assume the Federal govt. was picking up the tab while he was in Minnesota.

" Quiner’s care has drawn attention across the country, and his family has raised more than $70,000 on GoFundMe and GiveSendGo.

I assume his family paid for transporting him to Texas. I seriously doubt that $70K on GoFundMe is going to last that long.

My questions are financial :

What if he needs a lung transplant? I seriously doubt his insurance company will step up.

What happens when the money runs out? Will Uncle Sugar be expected to pick up the tab for what could become perpetuity? Or will the "Death Panels" say pull the plug?

#28705 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And it went up in places with new restrictions….so what exactly is the point?
Maybe omicron is just highly transmissible and can evade the vaccine.

New Jersey has a population under 9 million, and has close to the same amount of cases as the entirety of Japan, a country of 125 million. The point is good health policy and a willing population helps. We don't have that.

#28706 2 years ago

I just went to covidtests.gov and was able to place an order for 4 covid tests to be shipped out by USPS.

The feds only allowing 4 tests per valid physical address.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#28707 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Right after I wrote this the day turned bad. All I could do was stay in bed. The next day I felt better and made a grocery run. It probably took and hour and a half. I got home and I was wasted. Completely exhausted. It was another day in bed.
Yesterday, I felt good so I went on a pawn shop run looking for bargains. I got around OK.
Last night I went to bed with the chills and woke up in the middle of the night with my pajama top soaked in sweat.
I don't feel bad. Just weak. My lungs are clear. And food is tasting OK again.
This stuff is lingering. I have no idea when I will be back at 100%.

It was December 21st when I was diagnosed with Covid. I still have no stamina. A two hour trip to buy groceries and get them stowed away when I got home was all I could manage. The rest of the day, and night, were spent in bed.

This morning I went to the VA for a blood/oxygen check. I am at 98%. The nurse says a lot of their Covid patients are taking a long time to recover all of their energy and that I am in good shape and as normal as I can be. Anybody who tells you this shit is the flu does not know what they are talking about. It is not the flu.

As well as going to the VA, I also went to the post office to mail a package. Now I have to lay down and take a nap.

#28708 2 years ago

Omicron in NJ is quickly burning itself out.

Transmission rate down to 0.92.

The governor did the right thing with no restrictions. For the first time, I actually agree with his response.

#28709 2 years ago

Free test kits are available now:

https://special.usps.com/testkits

#28710 2 years ago

Work supplies, 2022 Edition. KN-95s, hand sanitizer, PCR self-test kit.

272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
#28711 2 years ago

Florida doctor put on leave for encouraging Orange County Department of Health employees to get vaccinated:

https://www.wmfe.org/pino-put-on-leave-for-encouraging-orange-county-department-of-health-employees-to-get-vaccinated/195298

#28712 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

New Jersey has a population under 9 million, and has close to the same amount of cases as the entirety of Japan, a country of 125 million. The point is good health policy and a willing population helps. We don't have that.

It’s 2 completely different cultures…..

Geez.

#28713 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Omicron in NJ is quickly burning itself out.

Seeing exactly the same here in Walsall - hospitalisations are still rising though not going to get anywhere near previous levels.

Covid (resized).pngCovid (resized).png
#28714 2 years ago

Ooops

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

To summarize:
Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

#28715 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Ooops
To summarize:
Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

That was grade A Stupid right there. Not getting vaccinated and catching Covid on purpose at age 57 so she could get a "recovery pass" instead of a vaccine pass? Misinformation killed her as much as Covid did.

#28716 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Florida doctor put on leave for encouraging Orange County Department of Health employees to get vaccinated:
https://www.wmfe.org/pino-put-on-leave-for-encouraging-orange-county-department-of-health-employees-to-get-vaccinated/195298

Why don't they do this for Doctors that encourage us to lose weight? Unfair!!

#28717 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It’s 2 completely different cultures…..
Geez.

I think that's my point?

#28718 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Ooops
To summarize:

"Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues."

!!!!! GOT INFECTED ON PURPOSE !!!!! SHE WANTED TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO VENUES THAT BLOCKED HER BECAUSE SHE WAS UNVACCINATED!

She deliberately chose to get Covid over getting vaccinated for Covid... I guess she won't be getting access to those venues after all.

#28719 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don't know whether that is sad. Or pathetic. Or both. I am really learning to not like politics.

#28720 2 years ago

Just heard today on the news that Unca Joe is going to get everyone who wants them N95 masks ( 3 free per person)
available at most any Pharmacy or clinic.
Not 100% sure when this take effect.
I already bought the KN95 masks online about 3 weeks ago and have switched over to using them exclusively
from cloth masks or normal surgical masks or gaiters.

#28721 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Seeing exactly the same here in Walsall - hospitalisations are still rising though not going to get anywhere near previous levels.[quoted image]

Hospitalizations are dropping in NJ.

Just another sign omicron is burning itself out here.

#28722 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I think that's my point?

It came across that Japan is better than the USA.

Which I don’t agree with at all.

#28723 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues."
!!!!! GOT INFECTED ON PURPOSE !!!!! SHE WANTED TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO VENUES THAT BLOCKED HER BECAUSE SHE WAS UNVACCINATED!
She deliberately chose to get Covid over getting vaccinated for Covid... I guess she won't be getting access to those venues after all.

That's just like back in the 1970's when people would have infection "Parties" for their kids to spreadChicken Pox. Only stupider and deadlier.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323728#what-is-chickenpox

#28725 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I just went to covidtests.gov and was able to place an order for 4 covid tests to be shipped out by USPS.
The feds only allowing 4 tests per valid physical address.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered as well but…am I the only one a bit concerned about this part…in January…in Minnesota?

5DF2BB88-09A7-428D-8541-D58AF943BF81.jpeg5DF2BB88-09A7-428D-8541-D58AF943BF81.jpeg
#28727 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm not sure I agree with you.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.13.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.13.18 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.12.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.12.01 PM (resized).png

By cases.

By total deaths.

By new deaths

By total case per population

And by total deaths per population. Japan = 147 deaths per one million of population.

And the US?..............................................= 2,630 deaths per one million of population.

By deaths per population, the U.S. is not the worst. That distinction belongs to Peru in South America with 6,046 deaths per one million of population. The U.S. is number 19 on the list. Japan is number 154 on the list.

By just about any metric you wish to measure on the table at the link, the U.S. is number one. and this is number one in not a good way.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

#28729 2 years ago

Booster shot 2 days ago..slept 12 hours yesterday and feel great now.

#28730 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Ordered as well but…am I the only one a bit concerned about this part…in January…in Minnesota?[quoted image]

Trucks are heated so there should not be an issue

#28731 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Darwin Award winner this year without fail

#28732 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Japan is better at masking and getting vaccinated than Americans. They also have better sushi and are better at traditional bamboo needle tattoos. We have better whiskey and rock and roll. Probably a few other things.

#28733 2 years ago

It looks like my county (King County, WA) has peaked in infections and the rate is dropping, hospitalizations and deaths will follow that drop a week later. With Omicron, the county stats show people not fully vaccinated were 2.4 times more likely to catch it, 12 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 20 times more likely to die. You know who to thank for the increase in your insurance costs.

cases (resized).pngcases (resized).pngking county (resized).pngking county (resized).png
#28734 2 years ago

Boris Johnson lifted most of the restrictions and mandates today. Is it over in the UK?

#28735 2 years ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60047438

Looks like England is over it...
No more masks or mandates.

#28736 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In their COVID response, if the goal is to reduce harm to their population, they absolutely are. I'm guessing they have less folks going on about "No restrictions! No masks!" than us at the very least. If your point is restrictions are pointless, you're right if no-one follows them. If people do follow them, they're useful.

#28737 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trucks are heated so there should not be an issue

My mailbox/porch is not though.

USPS packages sometimes come at 9 am. Sometimes at 9 pm. Could easily sit overnight or for many hours during the day.

#28738 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Looks like the U.S. is over it, too.

" Starbucks scraps vaccine requirement following Supreme Court decision "

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/business/starbucks-vaccine-mandate/index.html

'Starbucks is no longer requiring employees to get vaccinated or submit to weekly testing, following the US Supreme Court's rejection last week of President Joe Biden's vaccine and testing requirement for large businesses."

" Without the national vaccine mandate, large businesses are charting their own course. General Electric (GE) said last week that it is suspending its testing and vaccine requirements following the ruling, Bloomberg reported."

There is this: " Starbucks also told workers this week that they have to wear 3-ply medical masks at work, following the CDC's updated guidance. Employees can also wear N95, KN95 or KF94 masks, but can no longer wear cloth masks (unless they cover medical masks)."

This at least sounds like no more dicknoses wearing their mask around their chin.

I have not read if the Wall Street banks are going to back off.

#28739 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is just pathetic. Embarrassing Florida.

#28740 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My mailbox/porch is not though.
USPS packages sometimes come at 9 am. Sometimes at 9 pm. Could easily sit overnight or for many hours during the day.

The solution that comes in the test would freeze but I'd assume once it thaws out at room temperature it would still likely work for the test. They just don't want you storing them in the freezer.

#28741 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

My family in London just all caught it this last week and are still sick, but it sounds like the country is over the peak. Less people are dying at least, but that's not exactly over it.

#28742 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm not sure I agree with you.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
By cases.
By total deaths.
By new deaths
By total case per population
And by total deaths per population. Japan = 147 deaths per one million of population.
And the US?..............................................= 2,630 deaths per one million of population.
By deaths per population, the U.S. is not the worst. That distinction belongs to Peru in South America with 6,046 deaths per one million of population. The U.S. is number 19 on the list. Japan is number 154 on the list.
By just about any metric you wish to measure on the table at the link, the U.S. is number one. and this is number one in not a good way.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I meant culturally.

#28743 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

In their COVID response, if the goal is to reduce harm to their population, they absolutely are. I'm guessing they have less folks going on about "No restrictions! No masks!" than us at the very least. If your point is restrictions are pointless, you're right if no-one follows them. If people do follow them, they're useful.

If restrictions are useful, then how did NY reach record highs with the omicron wave?

#28745 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If restrictions are useful, then how did NY reach record highs with the omicron wave?

With your constant passive/aggressive questions about NY & NJ it is clear this is just trolling now.

Please stop, it's becoming more than a little boring.

#28746 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If restrictions aren't useful, then how did Australia keep their COVID death total per million to 4% of U.S.
(Australia = 112/M, USA = 2590/M)

Again, you can't prove, estimate, or imply what would happen if restrictions were not put in place.

#28747 2 years ago

My wife called our insurance company to find out how to submit our bill for the 8 test kits we get per month.

We were told because we're on Medicare, we don't qualify and Medicare won't pay for them either.

WTF!

#28748 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This is just pathetic. Embarrassing Florida.

There’s more to the story we don’t know yet. Whistleblower found something serious. Regardless Dr Pino is a good guy. He thinks he got Covid in December 2019 like I thought I did before anyone knew it existed:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqoPEeSaU3W1gbgMc_cYj9k2uiLnLQ

#28749 2 years ago

“Anti-vax kickboxing champ Frederic Sinistra dies from Covid complications days after discharging himself from hospital”

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4344694/anti-vax-kickboxing-champ-frederic-sinistra-dead-covid/

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 575 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/575?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.