272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 574 of 576.
#28651 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The mandate is unconstitutional and struck down says SCOTUS.
Didn’t see that coming.

Not surprising….

Isn’t it ironic that the Supreme Court made everyone involved in the hearing for the vaccine mandate case take a PCR test in advance, guaranteeing a level of protection that is wildly out of reach for nearly every worker affected by this decision?

#28652 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cases, hospitalizations and transmission rate are all dropping in NJ. Looks like we are beyond the peak here.
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2022/01/nj-reports-20624-covid-cases-106-deaths-hospitalizations-drop-again.html

Definitely going down. In Boston the wastewater level of Covid is also past peak and dropping.

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

That is normally a leading indicator, so cases are dropping everywhere... however they are still crazy high.

This is the NJ cases currently in cases per 100k people.

NJ_Cases (resized).JPGNJ_Cases (resized).JPG

#28653 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Here is my experience with COVID and the vaccine this week. I had our new sales rep meet me in Phoenix this week. We were in close proximity Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He arrived on Sunday and we went to dinner. He started coughing at dinner complaining about the dryness. Monday we were in the car and symptoms kept getting worse. Tuesday morning he looked even worse. I told him that we need to get tested. His came back positive mine negative. He was not vaccinated, I got my booster in December. I have tested myself twice a day and still no positive and no symptoms. Even if the new strain is less severe, I will take a shot over a cold any day.

Hope he's ok

#28654 2 years ago

My friend told me his coworker’s wife died from COVID in November. 2 months later, the coworker is gone too. Neither of them were vaccinated. They left behind 2 teenage kids, really sad.

#28655 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My friend told me his coworker’s wife died from COVID in November. 2 months later, the coworker is gone too. Neither of them were vaccinated. They left behind 2 teenage kids, really sad.

That's tough. The anti-vax faction of our family now has a toddler in the hospital on a ventilator. They are saying it's not covid, and that the doctors suspect some other unknown virus combination. I feel bad for the kid and am just totally disgusted with these people who are so vocal with their BS and blatantly disregard that we are in the middle of a pandemic, but hey, they do send their prayers.

#28656 2 years ago

He is ok and tested negative today. Minor symptoms and I didn’t have to experience any of them.

#28657 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Here is my experience with COVID and the vaccine this week. I had our new sales rep meet me in Phoenix this week. We were in close proximity Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He arrived on Sunday and we went to dinner. He started coughing at dinner complaining about the dryness. Monday we were in the car and symptoms kept getting worse. Tuesday morning he looked even worse. I told him that we need to get tested. His came back positive mine negative. He was not vaccinated, I got my booster in December. I have tested myself twice a day and still no positive and no symptoms. Even if the new strain is less severe, I will take a shot over a cold any day.

Sounds like he is off to a great start with his new boss and company. I know I would have told my boss I was experiencing symptoms before spending 2-3 days in close contact to you.. or anyone else for that matter.

#28658 2 years ago

Just got done with Covid 2.0. Was much milder than 1.0 but holy shit it seems this variant is 5x as a contagion. I have to test every week at work and it’s nuts how many people are getting it. I’ve also read, as has been mentioned, that this strain might be what it takes to bring us to epidemic levels from pandemic. Fingers crossed that we’ve peaked and we decelerate quickly. I have no hill to die on here, I just want my kids to get to take their masks off and enjoy being kids.

#28659 2 years ago

At our COVID update today I learned that the positivity rate for our organizations tests sits around 46% currently and it is estimated that 1 in 7 D/FW Metroplex citizens currently have COVID. That’s mind boggling.

#28660 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

At our COVID update today I learned that the positivity rate for our organizations tests sits around 46% currently and it is estimated that 1 in 7 D/FW Metroplex citizens currently have COVID. That’s mind boggling.

That's insane. I would be very curious to know how many (%) are A symptomatic.

For those that may not know, the Dallas-Ft. Worth metropolitan area is approximately 6.5 million people NOT including surrounding areas, which are also densely populated.

#28661 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That's insane. I would be very curious to know how many (%) are A symptomatic.
For those that may not know, the Dallas-Ft. Worth metropolitan area is approximately 6.5 million people NOT including surrounding areas, which are also densely populated.

My personal experience is that the vast majority have mild to moderate symptoms. Last week I’d say I saw 4-5 patients each day with upper respiratory symptoms and my personal positivity rate on the people I tested was over 50%. I haven’t had a patient have to go to the hospital yet though so that’s good.

#28662 2 years ago

My personal experience is that the vast majority have mild to moderate symptoms. Last week I’d say I saw 4-5 patients each day with upper respiratory symptoms and my personal positivity rate on the people I tested was over 50%. I haven’t had a patient have to go to the hospital yet though so that’s good.

Are you experiencing any of the abuse I read about regarding people threatening their doctors?

I read where one family made all sorts of threats to a hospital/docters because the docs would not give their sick relative ivermectin.

Are you getting any of that?

#28663 2 years ago

A 50% positive test rate?!? Whoa. If that is what you are seeing *inside* the clinic… then…

#28664 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you experiencing any of the abuse I read about regarding people threatening their doctors?
I read where one family made all sorts of threats to a hospital/docters because the docs would not give their sick relative ivermectin.
Are you getting any of that?

No, I’ve had some patients ask about Ivermectin. I politely tell them that at this time I do not have solid data to justify its use in COVID and it is not a medication I prescribe for COVID. So far that’s been good enough.

#28665 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

A 50% positive test rate?!? Whoa. If that is what you are seeing *inside* the clinic… then…

Well, these are all symptomatic patients so the overall positive rate in the general population would be significantly lower.

#28666 2 years ago

Well, these are all symptomatic patients so the overall positive rate in the general population would be significantly lower.

Oops… that’s right. Was thinking random sample.

#28668 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Not surprising….
Isn’t it ironic that the Supreme Court made everyone involved in the hearing for the vaccine mandate case take a PCR test in advance, guaranteeing a level of protection that is wildly out of reach for nearly every worker affected by this decision?

If a mandate to vaccinate is unconstitutional then with that thinking is Floridas law on vaccinations unconstitutional as well ?
Just asking not pushing an agenda.

#28669 2 years ago

NJ cases are down 50% in the past 2 weeks.

The virus is running out of people to infect.

#28670 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can I ask how you are measuring it as a 50% drop? It’s a great trend, but I’m not quite sure of the specific way you are calculating that.

BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpegBD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

#28671 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

If a mandate to vaccinate is unconstitutional then with that thinking is Floridas law on vaccinations unconstitutional as well ?

Floridas law bans private employers from from requiring vaccinations.

Supreme Court said Bidens mandate forcing private companies with 100 persons to vaccinate or test is unlawful.

They are not the same but similar. Floridas law is clearly constitutional and would be upheld by the Supreme Court because they voted to protect freedom of Americans to choose their medical treatment. (By pushing aside the idea that OASHA can force vaccinations)

Florida was quick to protect rights that the court just backed.

What’s not clear to me is the court allowed certain government agencies to require vaccinations. This is contrary to Floridas law. Interesting to hear from a lawyer what this means for government employees in Florida but my guess is there will be more lawsuits.

And the irony of all of this is by the time this all gets litigated the pandemic will be over.

#28672 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Unfortunately people are also getting reinfected after they recover.

#28673 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope NJ cases continue to decline. Stay safe.

#28674 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Can I ask how you are measuring it as a 50% drop? It’s a great trend, but I’m not quite sure of the specific way you are calculating that.
[quoted image]

33,000 cases 2 weeks ago. Today it’s 15,000 cases.

I know this is only reported cases. I’m sure the day 33,000 was reported, it was probably really 300,000 cases and the 15,000 was probably 150,000. I can only go by the official numbers.

#28675 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I hope NJ cases continue to decline. Stay safe.

Cases are dropping with no new restrictions.

#28676 2 years ago

Got some disturbing news today. My wife's niece and her 6 yr old son both have covid. The niece was vaxed, but not yet boosted and the kid had only his 1st shot 3 weeks ago, both were scheduled to get next shot this coming week. They both currently have milder symptoms. Slight fever running nose and headaches and fatigue, hope it does not escalate. Her husband has so far tested negative, and trying to isolate from them while still taking care of them. My wife and I have not had recent contact with the neice and kid in over 10 days, but the husband was over to our home doing some yard work on Tuesday, so hoping we are both ok and in the clear and while we are both boosted, we will steer clear of the neice and familly for at least another week. I went to walgreens today and bought some covid test kits for me and some for them also. 10 bucks per test. Seems like test supply has increased this week as there were none to be found in last couple weeks.
My wife had bad sinus infection and headaches, just before xmas and for next 2 weeks. No fever or other symptoms. I went to get tested even though i had no symptoms and was negative, wife was afraid to get tested, but is doing ok now.

#28677 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Supreme Court said Bidens mandate forcing private companies with 100 persons to vaccinate or test is unlawful.
They are not the same but similar. Floridas law is clearly constitutional and would be upheld by the Supreme Court because they voted to protect freedom of Americans to choose their medical treatment. (By pushing aside the idea that OASHA can force vaccinations)
What’s not clear to me is the court allowed certain government agencies to require vaccinations. This is contrary to Floridas law. Interesting to hear from a lawyer what this means for government employees in Florida but my guess is there will be more lawsuits.
And the irony of all of this is by the time this all gets litigated the pandemic will be over.

And what about the business owner’s rights? What about their freedoms?

#28678 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

33,000 cases 2 weeks ago. Today it’s 15,000 cases.
I know this is only reported cases. I’m sure the day 33,000 was reported, it was probably really 300,000 cases and the 15,000 was probably 150,000. I can only go by the official numbers.

You seem to get reports faster than I do. You posted that before the day was even over.

#28680 2 years ago

This is a good essay about why we need to be cautious when interpreting Omicron hospitalization statistics. The author is a physician.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/01/24/do-the-omicron-numbers-mean-what-we-think-they-mean

#28681 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You seem to get reports faster than I do. You posted that before the day was even over.

Don’t know stay to say. I’m just in the know.

#28682 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Nonsense. Telling a private business or owner they can't make the ultimate decision on creating as safe a work place or environment as possible for employees and/or customers is government meddling and overreach. You think Biden overreached with his executive order but DeSantis didn't? You don't see any hypocrisy or irony in that commentary?

DeSantis's order as it pertains to cruise ships and companies was already overruled by a circuit court. It is very un-Republican to meddle in the private sector and try to control private business owner's ability to manage their businesses how they see fit. They are ultimately legally accountable, not DeSantis and Florida's state government.

The federal vaccine mandate and DeSantis's order are different issues. What they have in common is government officials trying to tell private businesses and owners what they can and cannot do. Given the recent ruling, I would be shocked if SCOTUS upheld DeSantis's order.

#28684 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Florida's law bans businesses and employers from setting their own workplace safety standards, it's big government overreach. It would be like government saying a construction company can't make hard hats or steel toed boots mandatory on site. Businesses should have the right to set their safety standards and employees that don't want to comply don't have to work there.

#28685 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Sure freedom ,But the virus will continue to mutate amongst the un vaxxed . We have to stop the mutations and the only way is vaccination.

#28686 2 years ago
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
#28688 2 years ago

Hospitalization rates in Alberta Canada:

Boosted 80+ yr olds have a lower rate than unvaccinated 12-29 yr olds.

EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpegEB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
#28689 2 years ago

Well. My youngest tested positive yesterday. Bad news it was a day of vomiting and being tired. Good news is we have to try and keep him still now because he's feeling better. Brought out an NES classic he's never seen. I'm essentially giving him a stack of 30 Nintendo games and telling him to have fun. He just asked us if he could be sick again tomorrow...

20220117_093350 (resized).jpg20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
#28690 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well. My youngest tested positive yesterday. Bad news it was a day of vomiting and being tired. Good news is we have to try and keep him still now because he's feeling better. Brought out an NES classic he's never seen. I'm essentially giving him a stack of 30 Nintendo games and telling him to have fun. He just asked us if he could be sick again tomorrow...[quoted image]

Classic Zelda commercial.

#28691 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They also rose without new restrictions.

Quoted from Oaken:

Hospitalization rates in Alberta Canada:
Boosted 80+ yr olds have a lower rate than unvaccinated 12-29 yr olds.
[quoted image]

Apologies if I'm misreading, but doesn't that say the opposite? Boosted 80+ year olds are hospitalized at a higher rate of 43.27 per 100,000 vs the 12-29 year olds unvaccinated at 37.54? Not a huge difference though, and doesn't speak well for younger folks' natural immunity.

#28693 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Sure freedom ,But the virus will continue to mutate amongst the un vaxxed . We have to stop the mutations and the only way is vaccination.

Wait, you're saying that COVID only mutates in the unvaccinated? Interesting....

#28694 2 years ago

Classic Zelda ..atta boy!

#28695 2 years ago

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-patient-flown-texas-minnesota-192436383.html

" COVID Patient Flown to Texas After Minnesota Doctors Decided to Pull Plug on Ventilator"

“The last update I got was yesterday afternoon after some tests had been run; all organs are working except his lungs.”

Wow. I wish the man well. But somewhere in here his lungs have to be working or nothing else matters. He has been on a ventilator since November.

#28696 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Apologies if I'm misreading, but doesn't that say the opposite? Boosted 80+ year olds are hospitalized at a higher rate of 43.27 per 100,000 vs the 12-29 year olds unvaccinated at 37.54?

Hard to read but I think its 237.54 per 100,000 (not 37.54) for the 12-29 olds unvaccinated.

#28697 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Apologies if I'm misreading, but doesn't that say the opposite? Boosted 80+ year olds are hospitalized at a higher rate of 43.27 per 100,000 vs the 12-29 year olds unvaccinated at 37.54? Not a huge difference though, and doesn't speak well for younger folks' natural immunity.

80+ is at 143.27
12-29 is at 237.54

The leading numbers are covered by the graphic colors

#28698 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

And it went up in places with new restrictions….so what exactly is the point?

Maybe omicron is just highly transmissible and can evade the vaccine.

#28699 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Wait, you're saying that COVID only mutates in the unvaccinated? Interesting....

That's indeed not true, but as I understand a virus can mutate more easily when it's more/longer in a person's body, so 1000000 unvaccinated will cause more mutations than 1000000 vaccinated.

Interesting....

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 574 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/574 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.