272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 573 of 576.
#28600 2 years ago

jeffspinballpalace posted this elsewhere, I immediately thought of you doc PantherCityPins !

7d741466685bbf000ee649ec96576cc46d79f4f5 (resized).jpg7d741466685bbf000ee649ec96576cc46d79f4f5 (resized).jpg
#28601 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Ah, the Pee Wee Herman defense. Classic!
[quoted image]

Thanks for this! I needed the laugh.

#28602 2 years ago

Quoted from Atari_Daze:jeffspinballpalace posted this elsewhere, I immediately thought of you doc Pinball_Gizzard ![quoted image]

#28604 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

jeffspinballpalace posted this elsewhere, I immediately thought of you doc Pinball_Gizzard ![quoted image]

That is awesome. It reminds me of this gem regarding the Automotive service technician trade....

NdGPvn6v-806860240 (resized).jpgNdGPvn6v-806860240 (resized).jpg
#28605 2 years ago

Dunno if this is scientifically validated, but it does seem that covid affects males more severely than females. Just from personal observation around here.

#28606 2 years ago

My 4 year old nephew in London just tested positive, Omicron is running through his pre-school. A pinball collector friend's 20 year old son just got out of the hospital after a 5 day stay with covid that led to pneumonia. And about 20% of the college kids that work for me are out with Covid. This new variant is really hitting younger people in much larger numbers than the previous strains.

It's January 11, 2022, there have now been 312,353,574 documented cases of Covid and 5,517,862 documented deaths. And we know the numbers are much higher.

#28607 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Here’s what a clear copy looks like.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/
It’s mice nuts on the chart. Let me know when Covad passes swine flu and I’ll be interested. They didn’t shut down the US for SARS
[quoted image]

Every once in a while this thread opens to the first page and I see this post about someone thinking this virus wouldn't kill more people than the swine flu, which killed 200K.

#28608 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My 4 year old nephew in London just tested positive, Omicron is running through his pre-school. A pinball collector friend's 20 year old son just got out of the hospital after a 5 day stay with covid that led to pneumonia. And about 20% of the college kids that work for me are out with Covid. This new variant is really hitting younger people in much larger numbers than the previous strains.
It's January 11, 2022, there have now been 312,353,574 documented cases of Covid and 5,517,862 documented deaths. And we know the numbers are much higher.

How many college kids do you employ?

#28609 2 years ago

Australia's infection rate just exploded! WTF?

271803886_10158785154708100_7796158568252194312_n (resized).jpg271803886_10158785154708100_7796158568252194312_n (resized).jpg
#28610 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That is awesome. It reminds me of this gem regarding the Automotive service technician trade....
[quoted image]

That's me! Having a typo on that sticker would have really nailed it, though.

#28611 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

How many college kids do you employ?

20-25 generally, I think we are at 22 and in the process of hiring 2 more.

#28612 2 years ago

Doc: there is this overweight mid crisis man that has been over indulging in booze and weed. What should I tell this man ?

#28613 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Doc: there is this overweight mid crisis man that has been over indulging in booze and weed. What should I tell this man ?

Tell him to stop buying NIB pins!

#28614 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

[quoted image]

It's a positive "test" rate not a "infection" rate.

Huge difference.

Henny penny is doing a fine job.

#28615 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Do you guys solely believe in the Vax? No treatments at all?
Serious question.
The Vax stastically reduces hospital transmission but does not slow the spread. Look at Australia over the last month. 90% plus population double vaxxed and massive amounts of new cases. Close to a 100k per day.
I know people who are double vaxxed, some are fine, some are struggling and a friend's uncle died.
Maybe someone's immune system prior to the Vax is more important than the Vax itself?

Well, everybody has to believe in something, I suppose. Of course, there is no way to prove the paradox, and I am still dealing with the lingering effects of Covid going on 3 weeks now. I do believe that if I was not vaccinated then I would not be here. I was late with getting my booster, but I had both jabs. I could feel that stuff clogging up my lungs; They felt heavy. But I was always able to breathe freely.

I trusted the vaccine; That is all I could do.

#28616 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Definitely, there are some people I would not let work on my car. Some, I would not let even water my lawn.

#28617 2 years ago

Perspective.

Daily new cases in U.S.

December 9, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 2.22.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-09 at 2.22.19 PM (resized).png

Jan. 11, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 4.44.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 4.44.30 PM (resized).png

Most of the 48 states have charts that look just like this. So far, the death rate has not escalated. We are still averaging about 1500 deaths per day.

#28618 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Perspective.
Daily new cases in U.S.
December 9, 2021
[quoted image]
Jan. 11, 2022
[quoted image]
Most of the 48 states have charts that look just like this. So far, the death rate has not escalated. We are still averaging about 1500 deaths per day.

Give it 4 weeks.

(Assuming things get reported in a timely manner).

#28619 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Huge difference.

When the positive test rate massively increases, does that not mean the infection rate has gone up significantly? I'm not sure I get the argument you are making. Not sure pointing out the data can really be called henny penny, but also that's an old person's saying and the only thing I know about it is someone screaming the sky is falling.

#28620 2 years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/10/business/jpmorgan-chase-jamie-dimon-unvaccinated-new-york-staff/

" JPMorgan's Dimon warns unvaccinated New York staff could be terminated."

"Unvaccinated New York-based staff at JPMorgan Chase (JPM) risk losing their jobs, Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon said on Monday in a further indication that banks are getting tougher on employees as they return to work.

"If you aren't going to get vaxxed, you won't be able to work in that office. We're not going to pay you not to work in the office," Dimon said. "We want people to get vaccinated."

" Last week, Citigroup Inc said staff in the United States who had not been vaccinated against COVID-19 by Jan. 14 would be placed on unpaid leave and fired at the end of the month unless granted an exemption.

BOO HOO

#28621 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Huge difference.

Yeah, he has a point. The infection rate is higher.

To be fair that graph spiked on a Monday. There is usually a lag over the weekend where tests stack up so you’re probably missing two days or so of the initial curve.

Omicron spikes very quickly. It’s all over the place here in North Texas. I am seeing between 3-5 patients every day with COVID. Hospitalizations are increasing but there doesn’t seem to be as much of an ICU spike as with Delta. It’s really a numbers game right now, Omicron causes milder symptoms in general but when there are so many more people infected you still get enough patients sick enough to stress the hospital capacity.

#28622 2 years ago
44F82833-A598-4196-84C4-04FCDC178BD4 (resized).jpeg44F82833-A598-4196-84C4-04FCDC178BD4 (resized).jpeg
#28623 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

STOP_THE_HUMANOID. STOP_THE_INTRUDER!

BZerk (resized).jpgBZerk (resized).jpg
#28624 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Coming out on the other side of Covid. I have good days and bad days.
Yesterday was a bad day. I had chills all day long and no strength. I laid in bed all day long.
This morning feels like it is going to be a good day. And so it goes.

Right after I wrote this the day turned bad. All I could do was stay in bed. The next day I felt better and made a grocery run. It probably took and hour and a half. I got home and I was wasted. Completely exhausted. It was another day in bed.

Yesterday, I felt good so I went on a pawn shop run looking for bargains. I got around OK.

Last night I went to bed with the chills and woke up in the middle of the night with my pajama top soaked in sweat.

I don't feel bad. Just weak. My lungs are clear. And food is tasting OK again.

This stuff is lingering. I have no idea when I will be back at 100%.

#28625 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Right after I wrote this the day turned bad. All I could do was stay in bed. The next day I felt better and made a grocery run. It probably took and hour and a half. I got home and I was wasted. Completely exhausted. It was another day in bed.
Yesterday, I felt good so I went on a pawn shop run looking for bargains. I got around OK.
Last night I went to bed with the chills and woke up in the middle of the night with my pajama top soaked in sweat.

Hang in there cotton - rest when you need it, activity when you can tolerate it, stay vertical as much as you can, and pound those fluids! Also pay attention to whatever your doctor tells you!

Can't help myself, but did you find any cool stuff at the pawn shop?

#28626 2 years ago

My mom tested positive yesterday. My brother-in-law's mom was anti-vax and died from it in August. I think that finally was what convinced my mom to get her shots. So hopefully she has a good outcome. She said she thought it was just a cold, but she sounded a bit rough when she called to tell me.

#28627 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sorry it’s taking a while. This is exactly why the people who come on this thread and throw a survival rate out there make me so frustrated.

There is a significant percentage of COVID patients who have longer term symptoms. Some patients have symptoms for months. Some have long term lung scarring or problems from blood clots, strokes or heart attacks caused by COVID. At a minimum they are out of work for weeks at a time from this. That’s a real economic impact that people who are against mitigation measures don’t like to talk about.

It’s a complicated problem that doesn’t fit well into a meme.

#28628 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

STOP_THE_HUMANOID. STOP_THE_INTRUDER![quoted image]

INSURANCE CARD DETECTED IN POCKET.....

#28629 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Do you wear a health monitor of any sort or at least monitor your blood oxygen levels?

#28630 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hang in there. Hopefully you don't end up with long term Covid. One of my staff had Delta 4 months ago and it still having major exhaustion, sore joints and weakness. He has good days and bad days, but it doesn't seem to be going away. Definitely tell your doctor about your lingering symptoms.

#28632 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Hang in there cotton - rest when you need it, activity when you can tolerate it, stay vertical as much as you can, and pound those fluids! Also pay attention to whatever your doctor tells you!
Can't help myself, but did you find any cool stuff at the pawn shop?

That is pawn shops. Plural. I pretty much have all the tools I need. I mostly comb the DVD selections looking for older movies that appeal to my GF and I. Basically, the pawn shops are someplace to go to get out of the house

Quoted from mcluvin:

Do you wear a health monitor of any sort or at least monitor your blood oxygen levels?

No. I do not. I may go visit the VA tomorrow and see if I can do something about this.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Hang in there. Hopefully you don't end up with long term Covid. One of my staff had Delta 4 months ago and it still having major exhaustion, sore joints and weakness. He has good days and bad days, but it doesn't seem to be going away. Definitely tell your doctor about your lingering symptoms.

Today, I pushed it. I drove a 350 mile round trip. I left home at 8:30am. By 3pm I was wishing I was home. I got home around 5pm. and I have been tinkering with a typewriter. It is 10:30pm. And I am very tired.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sorry it’s taking a while. This is exactly why the people who come on this thread and throw a survival rate out there make me so frustrated.
There is a significant percentage of COVID patients who have longer term symptoms. Some patients have symptoms for months. Some have long term lung scarring or problems from blood clots, strokes or heart attacks caused by COVID. At a minimum they are out of work for weeks at a time from this. That’s a real economic impact that people who are against mitigation measures don’t like to talk about.
It’s a complicated problem that doesn’t fit well into a meme.

Fortunately, I am retired. If I was still working the jobs I had before I retired, I would not be able to do them. I built airplanes. One job was an all-day stand up job; It was not hard work---and I loved the job--- but I would not be able to go the distance right now.. The other job had me standing on my head in the cockpit installing throttle cables. Again, not hard work, but half of the job required me to bend and twist like a pretzel. I don't think I could do it right now.

I am hoping for some nice weather so I can get out and do some walking and hopefully build myself back up. I could go the the mall for that, but I am not feeling all that enthused with being around people right now. Malls are too crowded and pawn shops are not filled with many people.

#28633 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Malls are too crowded

Not in my neck of the woods! Malls are dead, all the brick and mortar stores closed when covid started and never came back.

#28634 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220113-095423-766 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220113-095423-766 (resized).png
#28635 2 years ago

What happened to the Authority, Dr. Atlas?

#28636 2 years ago

But it’s mild…

9737810D-FB0C-4F57-B4BB-639F4B372A11.jpeg9737810D-FB0C-4F57-B4BB-639F4B372A11.jpeg
#28637 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. I do not. I may go visit the VA tomorrow and see if I can do something about this.

I've been wearing a Fitbit for years. It measures my SpO2 levels a few times a night (and other things throughout the day) then shows the average the next morning.

I know you are over the infection, but this study showed that Covid patients who monitored their oxygen levels at home fared a lot better than those who used their own judgement to determine if they needed to go to the emergency room.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/well/live/covid-pulse-oximeter.html

#28638 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not in my neck of the woods! Malls are dead, all the brick and mortar stores closed when covid started and never came back.

Very similar here, both in the city of Seattle and in it's suburbs. The only stores I go into that seem to have just as many shoppers are Costco, Safeway and Home Depot. Otherwise, business is way down or shut down at most local brick and mortar places because so many people are ordering online instead.

#28639 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Very similar here, both in the city of Seattle and in it's suburbs. The only stores I go into that seem to have just as many shoppers are Costco, Safeway and Home Depot. Otherwise, business is way down or shut down at most local brick and mortar places because so many people are ordering online instead.

I have three Malls locally (two that had Sears stores that recently closed) and they seem to be doing well. Although one has a Costco attached to it (Lakewood Center Mall) that I usually go to the Costco, and Book Off (which is accessible from outside the Mall). And unless it's on a Week day I generally don't wander in to far or too long because of the crowds. And not so much as the number of people, but too many that aren't following safety protocols. I defiantly try to avoid them on the weekend days. And the worst as far as crowds I've been to lately was Del Amo Fashion Square in Torrance. It was way crowded when I went there several months ago on a Sunday.

#28640 2 years ago

56C2EC8D-2463-43B0-BA39-E800523D6327 (resized).jpeg56C2EC8D-2463-43B0-BA39-E800523D6327 (resized).jpeg

#28641 2 years ago

Malls.should be turned into living spaces with open concept gardens and shopping. Perhaps merchants living above receive a discount on the monthly rent.or straight out indoor condos?

#28642 2 years ago

The mandate is unconstitutional and struck down says SCOTUS.
Didn’t see that coming.

#28643 2 years ago

270 scientists, professors, doctors and healthcare workers wrote an open letter to Spotify Asking To Address “Mass Misinformation Events,” Take Aim At Joe Rogan’s Show.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/spotify-joe-rogan-doctors-open-letter-1234909702/amp/

#28644 2 years ago

Here is my experience with COVID and the vaccine this week. I had our new sales rep meet me in Phoenix this week. We were in close proximity Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He arrived on Sunday and we went to dinner. He started coughing at dinner complaining about the dryness. Monday we were in the car and symptoms kept getting worse. Tuesday morning he looked even worse. I told him that we need to get tested. His came back positive mine negative. He was not vaccinated, I got my booster in December. I have tested myself twice a day and still no positive and no symptoms. Even if the new strain is less severe, I will take a shot over a cold any day.

#28645 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Here is my experience with COVID and the vaccine this week. I had our new sales rep meet me in Phoenix this week. We were in close proximity Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. He arrived on Sunday and we went to dinner. He started coughing at dinner complaining about the dryness. Monday we were in the car and symptoms kept getting worse. Tuesday morning he looked even worse. I told him that we need to get tested. His came back positive mine negative. He was not vaccinated, I got my booster in December. I have tested myself twice a day and still no positive and no symptoms. Even if the new strain is less severe, I will take a shot over a cold any day.

Yikes. Does this experience have an impact on your assessment of this new sales rep's judgment?

#28646 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

[quoted image]

We’re in the let it rip stage. Fortunately many of us are vaccinated in fact I think it’s about 91%. So the hospitalization rates are substantially less than they may have been a year ago.
I ended up getting it at the beginning of the year. I’m middle-aged but my normal week would be 200 K plus on the bike and around 4K in the pool, week in week out. Covid put me out of action for a solid three days, in bed permanently, and on day four when I attempted to walk around the block, my heart right would go to about 100. Bearing in mind I resting is normally about 48.
Two weeks later my taste and smell have slightly returned and I’ve been able to ride the bike. I’m double vaxxed and was going to get the booster just before I got this .
Many friends have it or it’s in the family and has layed carnage to small business as people have been off work in a land of full employment
Other friends that have got it reported “cold symptoms” so luck of the draw. Lucky we’re vaccinated

#28647 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Didn’t see that coming.

Not surprising but a bit of an eye roll and head-scratcher at times. Med staff (and I assume military and fed staff) still regulated because they get fed money but anything osha related is a no go.

Funny that the Supreme Court itself has a mandate of sorts.

Some of their reasoning is extremely troubling and does not bode well for OSHA in general.

In a nutshell at one point the majority argued that anything that is typically dual use cannot be regulated by osha. For instance, their argument potentially means osha can regulate forklifts but not company owned pickup trucks. Or ladders. Or how much weight a pregnant lady can pick up. Will be fun to watch the court cases to come.

#28648 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Didn’t see that coming.

I did - this is a state by state issue, not a federal one.

#28649 2 years ago

Cases, hospitalizations and transmission rate are all dropping in NJ. Looks like we are beyond the peak here.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2022/01/nj-reports-20624-covid-cases-106-deaths-hospitalizations-drop-again.html

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 573 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/573 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.