272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 576.
#28350 2 years ago

What you described about your friend is pretty typical protocol throughout the US and many countries. When someone comes to the hospital with Covid whose oxygen levels and/or symptoms at the time aren't yet severe enough to warrant admission, they are going to send them home to monitor and return if things worsen.

Hospitals don't have unlimited resources, HCP's, and ICU space to accomodate everyone that comes to the hospital for the past 1-2 years with Covid. What did you want them to do? Tell him to order a bunch of unproven supplements from Amazon to make it seem like they are doing something?

That isn't how medicine works. If you want to take supplements on your own given anecdotal info, go for it. You'll need a credible clinical trial showing something actually works to get an ER doc to send you home with a recommendation for a supplement, though.

It isn't our healthcare system that is broken right now. It is the ignorance and callousness of the general public who refuse proven vaccines over misinformation or political ideology and then show up at the hospital begging for the same medical community they ignored and marginalized to save their lives. Point the finger where it belongs, not those working themselves to the bone to help.

#28352 2 years ago

For all you folks feeling better after a couple days, please continue to monitor your symptoms. It's not uncommon to feel slightly better, then get hit hard days later.

#28353 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think sick people should stay home, but apparently I'm in the minority in this thread.

How do you define sick? I have patients who have a persistent cough months after their infection. Should they stay home too?

Antibodies levels should be high enough to neutralize respiratory tract viral particles by 10 days and thus the patient should not be infectious at that time despite continued symptoms. That’s not a 100% certainty but nothing in medicine ever is and you have to pick a line somewhere.

#28354 2 years ago

I think sick people should stay home, but apparently I'm in the minority in this thread.

May not agree with the tone, (fully recognizing I am someone who has had tone problems in the recent past), but I agree with quarantine in general. The problem is when there is no support system in place to help people stay home.

I see the recent examples that have your pants in a bunch as people that are trying to do the right thing to the best of their ability. They try not to go out, but they need food or medicine so at some point they do need to. When they do, they mask up and try to limit their time out and about.

Would I prefer they stay home, heck yeah. But I recognize the compromise and the conscious effort to limit contact.

Recent example of the ones that grind my gears are those that know they have Covid, less than 5 days since onset and they are out at the bar having a drink. Even better when they do this around noonish (day drinking yay) and call into the telemedicine appointment from said bar where they ask for an ivermectin prescription.

#28356 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In a slightly different angle this weekend, my family debated whether viruses are "Alive".
Any thoughts?

Not alive technically but I refer to them as alive in social conversations because I am a basket of contradictions.

#28358 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

How do you define sick? I have patients who have a persistent cough months after their infection. Should they stay home too?
Antibodies levels should be high enough to neutralize respiratory tract viral particles by 10 days and thus the patient should not be infectious at that time despite continued symptoms. That’s not a 100% certainty but nothing in medicine ever is and you have to pick a line somewhere.

The person I was quoting when you jumped in said they were on day 10 and was coughing up phlegm, waking up covered in sweat, had chills and was lethargic. I would define that as sick and not someone I want to stand next to in a store or have wait on me if I go out to dinner.

#28359 2 years ago

The person I was quoting when you jumped in said they were on day 10 and was coughing up phlegm, waking up covered in sweat, had chills and was lethargic. I would define that as sick and not someone I want to stand next to in a store or have wait on me if I go out to dinner.

So first of all he was on day 10 of his symptoms which again means he was out of the quarantine period.

Secondly he didn’t say he was going out to dinner, I believe he said he went to the grocery store.

Again, I’ve seen multiple posters on this thread brag about how they are living their lives as if COVID doesn’t exist or crossing state lines to eat out during lockdowns and I don’t recall you getting upset with them. Why are you so triggered by cotton? He got COVID, followed quarantine protocol and went out to get some supplies. What’s your beef?

#28360 2 years ago

You would not have been standing next to me in the store. I made it a point to double mask, stay away from everybody and super social distance. I got my goods and got out.

Meanwhile, almost everybody else was not wearing a mask. The employees were all masked but the general public is a disgrace.

Only yesterday did the chills leave. Today I managed a Mc Donald’s drive thru.

Since the doc told me quarantine for 10 days I did just that.

And now it will probably be several more days before I think about leaving the house again. I’m almost too weak to move.

#28362 2 years ago

I have patients who have a persistent cough months after their infection.

I'm 6 weeks out and still coughing. Not a lot, but every now and then when I have to talk a lot on the phone. It's terribly annoying.

#28363 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

And keep in mind the Australian Federal government has set up a compensation scheme for the 79000 people and counting who have suffered SEVERE adverse reactions to the Vax. Up to 600k AUD. They will also pay for funerals...

This isn't true, I just don't understand why anti-vaxxers blatantly lie like this to try to persuade people to their side. Lying makes your opinion less appealing, because your position is based on lies instead of facts.

Australia's TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) has received almost 79,000 reports of adverse side-effects from 36.8 million doses of vaccine, according to its website. The most frequently reported side effects include: a sore arm, headache, fever and chills. Those aren't severe effects, much less SEVERE in all caps, we all got a sore arm from the vaccine and most people got some symptoms like a headache, fever and chills from their body building it's immunity.

The Australian government has said 10,000 people have made claims asking for compensation, but in realty the TGA has reported:
288 reports assessed as likely to be heart inflammation linked to the Pfizer Inc. vaccine
160 of rare clotting disorder thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) linked to the AstraZeneca Plc vaccine
9 deaths linked to the immunization program, the overwhelming majority of whom were aged 65 years and older, according to the TGA

I'll do the math for you, rather than 79,000 reporting severe reactions to the vax, the actual number is 457.

#28364 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You would not have been standing next to me in the store. I made it a point to double mask, stay away from everybody and super social distance. I got my goods and got out.
Meanwhile, almost everybody else was not wearing a mask. The employees were all masked but the general public is a disgrace.
Only yesterday did the chills leave. Today I managed a Mc Donald’s drive thru.
Since the doc told me quarantine for 10 days I did just that.
And now it will probably be several more days before I think about leaving the house again. I’m almost too weak to move.

If you have a heating pad it helps a lot with the body aches. Hope you feel better soon!

#28366 2 years ago

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccine-claims-scheme

My first cousin healthy 35 years old spent a week in hospital following her first Vax injection. AZ for blood clots.

By the way as soon as a traditional protein based Vax is available in Australia, I am more than happy to get it. I have every other vaccine available, including optional ones.

I don't apologise for looking at the stats and the risk reward for trying something that has no long term trials.

I don't apologise for not injecting my children for a disease that has virtually zero bad outcomes for their age.

Show me the 5 - 10 year old studies showing Mrna is safe and I will gladly get it.

#28367 2 years ago
E59D36A0-F1CD-4D3A-B8EE-D25E58AD9784 (resized).jpegE59D36A0-F1CD-4D3A-B8EE-D25E58AD9784 (resized).jpeg
#28368 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccine-claims-scheme
My first cousin healthy 35 years old spent a week in hospital following her first Vax injection. AZ for blood clots.
By the way as soon as a traditional protein based Vax is available in Australia, I am more than happy to get it. I have every other vaccine available, including optional ones.
I don't apologise for looking at the stats and the risk reward for trying something that has no long term trials.
I don't apologise for not injecting my children for a disease that has virtually zero bad outcomes for their age.
Show me the 5 - 10 year old studies showing Mrna is safe and I will gladly get it.

Show me the studies that ivermectin is effective as a treatment.

Legitimate ones please. Not the faked and/or retracted ones.

#28369 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

If you have a heating pad it helps a lot with the body aches. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. I think I am over the hump. I just managed to wash a stack of dishes that were already there when I got this stuff. I know I will need to lay down and rest but I think I will be good for a couple of hours, which is an improvement.

Through it all, the only real discomfort I had was the chills. My lungs were full but they were never uncomfortable. I was just too weak to do anything.

I suppose I am immune now and cannot catch it again. That may be true or it may not be true but I am not pushing my luck. Until this stuff is gone I'm staying home except for food.

#28371 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:Show me the studies that ivermectin is effective as a treatment

There will never be any. One of the problems I have with the healthcare system is money. The pharmaceutical companies fund 99% of the studies and their ONLY objective is to maximize shareholder value. There is NO money in ivermectin for any of these companies.

Isn't funny how the media smeared ivermectin for three months? The pandemic only has one solution: vaccines (times 4).

#28372 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

You should apologize for blatantly lying about the stats and spreading completely false information.

#28373 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

There will never be any. One of the problems I have with the healthcare system is money. The pharmaceutical companies fund 99% of the studies and their ONLY objective is to maximize shareholder value. There is NO money in ivermectin for any of these companies.
Isn't funny how the media smeared ivermectin for three months? The pandemic only has one solution: vaccines (times 4).

Ivermectin is a livestock dewormer and didn't work for treating Covid symptoms, it wasn't victim of a vast conspiracy by the media and healthcare industry, that's a ridiculous argument that you admit has no proof behind it.

#28374 2 years ago

People calling Ivermectin horse wormer is just dumb, I understand that there’s no evidence for using it against Covid, but it’s taken by literally millions of people for a myriad of uses. It’s won a Nobel prize for its effectiveness as a anti-parasitic. Some people are just fucking media parrots.

#28378 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

People calling Ivermectin horse wormer is just dumb, I understand that there’s no evidence for using it against Covid, but it’s taken by literally millions of people for a myriad of uses. It’s won a Nobel prize for its effectiveness as a anti-parasitic. Some people are just fucking media parrots.

It's a dog dewormer too! You can buy it in chewable form, I'm sure. Go for it!!

#28379 2 years ago

That website purports to be a meta-analysis of ivermectin studies. Many of the studies they cite are preprint or not peer reviewed. Some of them have had concerns raised about falsifying or manipulating data. If you read through the site there is a mountain of text devoted to arguing against all the well established medical societies that have stated positions against ivermectin use in COVID. There’s a MASSIVE bias problem with that site.

Also, if you do a meta analysis on poorly done studies you get a poorly done meta analysis. Junk in=junk out.

I’m not against ivermectin. I’ve said from the start that if there are good studies published that show benefit I would use it. The simple fact is that there is currently no good evidence that ivermectin works for COVID.

I do agree that calling it horse dewormer (even though that is one of its uses) really just serves to alienate those people who are believing junk science articles on it.

https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/26/bmjebm-2021-111678

And for the millionth time on this thread, you taking ivermectin and recovering from COVID means nothing. I believe you said you are under 40 and otherwise healthy? You almost certainly had Omicron which causes mild symptoms anyway. You could have taken nothing and been fine. You also could have danced naked in a circle of chicken blood for 45 minutes each morning and been fine. Get the point?

#28381 2 years ago

Not this again. "Peer reviewed" is not a synonym for approved, agreed with results, studies. Many of the peer reviews point out flaws and limitations to the study if not just plain errors. It's almost like they post this crap assuming nobody will read any of the reviews.

#28382 2 years ago

The one thing I went through that was different. Whenever I coughed some of that crap in my lungs up, it would be followed with some dry heaves and a 3 or 4 times I had my head in the toilet throwing up just like the days when I drank too much and had to gag myself to get rid of the hangover.

#28383 2 years ago

*** The idea that Ivermectin could be a coronavirus treatment began gaining steam in the spring of 2020, when Australian researchers observed that the medicine killed the virus in a laboratory setting. The findings had notable caveats, however. For one, the amount of drug required to have an effect on the virus was much higher than the amount approved for use in humans, and could be fatal. And lab-based tests, where the drug and virus interact in a petri dish, also don’t account for the complexities of the human body. Since then, its being promoted by prominent conservative media figures and politicians, as well as some physicians, as an effective treatment for covid-19, despite the lack of scientific evidence showing there are benefits of taking the drug for that purpose

Ivermectin isn't an anti-viral drug. Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of Ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

I mentioned this before here about a couple guys in my office, both unvaccinated and contracted Covid. One went to his Doctor asking for Ivermectin and was told absolutely not. He ordered it off a website after talking to some kind of consultant. He took it for a while but his condition worsened and ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia for a month.

#28384 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sure, it has other uses, my friend uses it to treat her rosacea. But it's most commonly used as a dewormer and feed shops and farm and ranch supply stores had their deworming supplies bought out by people trying to use it to treat Covid. Describing it for it's most common use is no dumber than saying toilet paper is for wiping your ass, even if people also blow their nose with it.

"Product Description
The active ingredient in IVOMEC, ivermectin, is a member of the macrocyclic-lactone class of endectocide dewormers.

Features and Benefits
Effective dewormer trusted by cattle producers for more than 35 years.
Enhances profitability by controlling damaging parasites.
When left untreated, parasites suppress appetite, reduce feed intake and negatively impact the animal’s immune system.
100 percent Product Satisfaction Guarantee for IVOMEC products when all animals are treated with the product as directed on the label."

#28385 2 years ago

You ate food and recovered pretty handily too. There are plenty of studies that show eating is beneficial. 100% of the people that have recovered from Covid eat food. Clearly food is what helped treat your Covid infection.

#28386 2 years ago

I said legitimate

#28388 2 years ago

You also could have danced naked in a circle of chicken blood for 45 minutes each morning and been fine. Get the point?

The point must be that everyone better hope I never test positive. Because between you, me, and the chickens, it's gonna get freaky.

PS: When the heck did this thread turn into the Ivermectin positivity thread. It seems we have rounded the bend and may as well start testing cat litter against Covid. Cat litter has lots of beneficial properties and uses, so it must also work for Covid, right?

#28393 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The point must be that everyone better hope I never test positive. Because between you, me, and the chickens, it's gonna get freaky.

PS: ...It seems we have rounded the bend and may as well start testing cat litter against Covid. Cat litter has lots of beneficial properties and uses...

So does WD-40 and Duct Tape.

#28394 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

PS: When the heck did this thread turn into the Ivermectin positivity thread. It seems we have rounded the bend and may as well start testing cat litter against Covid. Cat litter has lots of beneficial properties and uses, so it must also work for Covid, right?

Howabout some milk protein and benadryl?
https://m.ufhealth.org/news/2021/two-common-compounds-show-effectiveness-against-covid-19-virus-early-testing

It's fun following along with this. Maybe one of them will be useful!

#28395 2 years ago

Wow a bit of a surge of deleted/censored posts ... Lol

More people visiting the echo chamber starting to wake up is a good thing!

#28396 2 years ago

#28397 2 years ago

“A lot of joint disease and arthritis…”

Question: autoimmune? Cause if so…that’s a risk factor that bumps you out of the “fit and healthy” group

#28398 2 years ago

Yeah, it's a little hard to believe at this point in the pandemic people are still promoting and taking Ivermectin. But it's also hard to believe at this point in the pandemic people argue against vaccines and masking.

#28399 2 years ago

Infection rates are popping! I just walked by the place where I get tested for Covid and it had the longest line I've ever seen for people getting tested. Or rather 2 lines, 50+ long out the door standing in the rain. I'd like to think that's a good sign and people are just being safe and getting tested after spending the holidays with family and travelling, but I'm sure the reality is a bunch of symptoms and/or the virus.

271244792_10158774076828100_1246421542931896349_n (resized).jpg271244792_10158774076828100_1246421542931896349_n (resized).jpg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/568 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.