272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 566 of 576.
#28250 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

You have got to be kidding. LOL

Go on.

#28251 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I went to a Walgreen’s a few days ago to get some meds for my wife, who’s still sick but recovering (COVID test came back negative, which was a relief). Anyway, I had a cold so I was wearing a mask. I sneezed several times in my mask, and it was wet and disgusting, but I kept it on until I left. Meanwhile, a woman 4 feet from me REMOVED HER MASK TO SNEEZE, wiped her nose and then put the mask back on, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Ugh!!

This is Internet gold right here.

You’re the one that went to the store knowing you were sick and you’re going to bitch about someone else? You’ve been preaching this entire thread about other people making decisions that might put you at risk and then you roll into the store knowing full damn well you were sick.

And then people thumbs up your post?

Stop the planet, I want to get off.

Just think how much different things would be if people just stayed the hell home when they knew they were sick.

#28252 2 years ago

It's a bit long, but very relevant and pretty funny...

"You're going to be eaten by a brontoroc. We don't know what that means..."

https://www.netflix.com/title/81252357

#28254 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’m not trying to be derogatory when I call it a “leaky vaccine”. It’s a term that has been around immunology for awhile now and well before the pandemic. The mRNA therapy vaccines absolutely meet the definition of a “leaky vaccine”.
http://epidemics.psu.edu/articles/view/leaky-vaccines-promote-the-transmission-of-more-virulent-virus
As for the weight thing all I’m saying is if people want to force me into medical treatment for the greater good of society then that is a slippery slope. I’ve said it before had the vaccine not been leaky then there would be some leg to stand on if mandating it.

Overrun ER's, hospitals, and all of us footing the bill for inevitable massive increases in our insurance premiums is more than good justification even by itself to support mandates for me.

There was an article in or local paper today that any Covid induced ICU admission has been averaging $92k per patient. That is going to be passed on to all of us via premium hikes.

When you consider 85%+ having to be admitted to the ICU for months now are unvaccinated, that group by an overwhelming % will be responsible for skyrocketing insurance costs for all of us in the next few years. Spin that anyway you want, it isn't right.

#28255 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

As for the weight thing all I’m saying is if people want to force me into medical treatment for the greater good of society then that is a slippery slope. I’ve said it before had the vaccine not been leaky then there would be some leg to stand on if mandating it.

And I agree with the first part. edit, added: I meant it being a slippery slope and it should be part of discussion, but also part of the discussion should be how much covid is taking up our health system right now compared to what we're used to, so that we have a fair discussion with fair comparisons. I do think we're always on a slippery slope though when there's choices to make if a treatment is worthwhile or not, and there has to be a limit where we say 'this can't be defended anymore', just like I think with covid that limit has been reached that things can't be defended anymore (not having a vaccine)

I still don't get why you wouldn't want to take the vaccine though: I think it is ok not to agree to policy and still think 'it's better for society to have people (and myself) take the vaccine anyway'. Somehow I think some think 'if I don't agree with how things are handled, I will resist and therefor not get vaccinated' and that's a shame I'd say.

I haven't read enough about the leaky vaccine thing, but from your article I read that because vaccinated birds survive longer, they spread more. But I don't think you'd suggest that we don't hospitalise people but should let them die, so they can't spread the virus anymore? And if you're saying 'most won't die', isn't that also contributing to a bigger spread, because the real sick ones spread more virus, and if they don't die like the birds did, then an unvaccinated person spreads more than a vaccinated one, just like we've been told all along? It is important that an unvaccinated person tests, so he or she won't spread while not knowing he/she does, but I think we're at a stage now where almost everyone who feels a bit sick will test.

#28256 2 years ago

If omicron is this contagious, what would the tipping point be where it won't be contained? It seems like the infection rate is irrelevant jabbed or not. Predictions are up to 200k per day in Canada so once it's hooked into 2 million plus at a r value of 3-5 there won't be any containing it. Everyone will come across this new strain in the next 4-6 weeks just hoping it really is as toned down as is being reported.

#28257 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211231-081333-309 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211231-081333-309 (resized).png
#28258 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211231-082226-959 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211231-082226-959 (resized).png
#28261 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You’re the one that went to the store knowing you were sick and you’re going to bitch about someone else? You’ve been preaching this entire thread about other people making decisions that might put you at risk and then you roll into the store knowing full damn well you were sick.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ad38acb63656fefcf71f457fa6194ec2fa9983b7-1640959776-1800"};
//]]>

Just think how much different things would be if people just stayed the hell home when they knew they were sick.

Tested negative and went to the store to get his wife meds..geez tough crowd!

#28262 2 years ago

@oakten - the charts in that post (#28231) were pretty small for my bifocaled eyes and the link is behind a paywall. Was one of the tiles tracking the self-reported positive cases in this thread? We've certainly seen an uptick in here.

Seriously, I hope all who have shared that they've caught it get well without complications.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#28263 2 years ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"869ec97b2a13a7af439a034ceaa46dcfc57ba4d0-1640960144-1800"};
//]]>

My god, he said he had a cold, and had to get meds for his sick wife. Stop the planet!

#28264 2 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

No work for a few days so good time to replace that chipped FP jet bumper skirt I noticed

I hope you feel up to it.

#28266 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This is the weirdest sickness I’ve ever had, mild symptoms started at around 6 last night, woke up at midnight with a 102.5 fever. Felt kinda crappy all day, was watching TV and started pouring sweat, now no fever and feel pretty much fine now, just feel tired. Strangest thing is that I’ve felt famished and can’t stop eating.

Hey Jay,
Good to hear that you are feeling better.
Wally

#28267 2 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

@oakten - the charts in that post (#28231) were pretty small for my bifocaled eyes and the link is behind a paywall. Was one of the tiles tracking the self-reported positive cases in this thread? We've certainly seen an uptick in here.
Seriously, I hope all who have shared that they've caught it get well without complications.
-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Sorry about that. When I open the FT link in a private browser it goes thru without the paywall.

The driving point is that omicron has a very distinct vertical chart pattern globally. Basically compressing 1-2 yrs worth of cases into 3 months.

Great idea on a chart of pinside Covid for this thread

#28268 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My god, he said he had a cold, and had to get meds for his sick wife. Stop the planet!

I'm so sick of the shit in this thread. Holier than thou people preaching from the mountain when it's convenient for them.

So what you're saying is that it's up to the individual to decide what exposure is acceptable? It's alright to expose people to the cold, how about the flu, tonsillitis or bronchitis? Are those OK?

Lets just play this out since we are indeed in the middle of a damn pandemic with a new virus that can easily produce symptoms mimicking the common cold in some individuals.

He goes to the store knowing damn well he's sick and gives it to someone else while hes busy hacking into his mask. They are terrified that they have COVID, so they start letting their family members know that they are sick having just been at a Christmas dinner. They call their employer and say "I'm sick and might have COVID". The employer tells them to quarantine and go get tested, so they begin the hunt for a PCR test, which are just about impossible to find. Antigen tests are sold out everywhere and being scalped on eBay for $50+ each. It takes the person 2 or 3 days to get a PCR test and another day to get the results.

Now that poor person has been off work for 4 days worried that they have COVID. So because someone was so smug enough to think that it's alright to give other people the cold in the middle of a damn pandemic that person has either lost 4 days of vacation or 4 days of pay.

Think it's alright now?

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Tested negative and went to the store to get his wife meds..geez tough crowd!

I'd bet money it was a rapid, which are known to produce a significant number of false negatives. That's why most employers require two negative rapid tests or one negative PCR test.

It's 2021. I can have my pharmacy deliver medication by lunchtime.

#28269 2 years ago

I agree, but what was I supposed to do? My wife needed her prescriptions, Pedialyte and other stuff after leaving the hospital. By the way, I don’t think I’ve been “preaching” in this thread at all.

#28271 2 years ago

Off topic, but I've seen that MEME before and wonder how many people will get it?

#28272 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Overrun ER's, hospitals, and all of us footing the bill for inevitable massive increases in our insurance premiums is more than good justification even by itself to support mandates for me.
There was an article in or local paper today that any Covid induced ICU admission has been averaging $92k per patient. That is going to be passed on to all of us via premium hikes.
When you consider 85%+ having to be admitted to the ICU for months now are unvaccinated, that group by an overwhelming % will be responsible for skyrocketing insurance costs for all of us in the next few years. Spin that anyway you want, it isn't right.

“Having obesity may triple the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection.”

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

What mandates would you like to see here?

#28273 2 years ago

NEW YEAR EVE Snake Jazz (resized).jpgNEW YEAR EVE Snake Jazz (resized).jpg

#28274 2 years ago

I'd bet money it was a rapid, which are known to produce a significant number of false negatives.

You’d lose that bet. It was a PCR test at the hospital, and it took 2 days to get the results back.

#28276 2 years ago

Well my wife’s selfish vaccinated coworker decided it would be a good idea to come into work while knowingly living with a covid positive person the last week. She’s infected 5-6 people at her work now and worst part is that they work in food distribution. No telling how many people she got sick the last few days. She thought she could just wear a mask and be fine without testing etc. real dumb. Left work on Monday sick as a dog.

My wife just came down with symptoms yesterday and tested positive. So far she is doing really well with it. Just a real bad head cold so far (no respiratory issues yet thank god).

We’ve gone the I-Mask protocol for treatment and so far so good. Can’t get monoclonal antibody treatment anymore which is pretty disappointing to hear the federal government is blocking the shipments.

I’m not taking any extra precautions (other than self quarantine for a week) as I believe I’ve already had it and if I catch it again I’m ok with that too. Sadly we have to cancel our NYE plans and the kids will miss the first few days start back to school but it is what it is.

If you’re sick STAY HOME. It’s not hard.

#28277 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

“Having obesity may triple the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection.”
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

Not being vaccinated will cause you to be over 50 times more at the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection. Yet you won't get vaccinated and are whining about much lower risks. I don't get why if you are concerned about these statistics you would ignore that ones for unvaccinated people.

#28278 2 years ago

It's 2021. I can have my pharmacy deliver medication by lunchtime.

Definitely the exception not the rule. Its 2021, more often than not this year my auto refilled meds don't show up in the mail on time and I have had to call and go scrambling to various pharmacies for a interim script fill. Never had so many problems with mail order meds than I have this year. Also, if the dr. just wrote the script, at least around here, there is about a 0% chance it will be delivered to you by the time you need it.

#28279 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

We can't even reform school lunches so that deep dish pepperoni pizza, french fries, and a chocolate milk are no longer considered a wholesome meal without a metric ton of controversy and complaints. So...

#28281 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You’d lose that bet. It was a PCR test at the hospital, and it took 2 days to get the results back.

I haven’t had a cold in 2 years. I must admit it crossed my mind you might have Covid. You still might, but I’m glad you took reasonable precautions.

#28282 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Well my wife’s selfish vaccinated coworker decided it would be a good idea to come into work while knowingly living with a covid positive person the last week. She’s infected 5-6 people at her work now and worst part is that they work in food distribution. No telling how many people she got sick the last few days. She thought she could just wear a mask and be fine without testing etc. real dumb. Left work on Monday sick as a dog.
My wife just came down with symptoms yesterday and tested positive. So far she is doing really well with it. Just a real bad head cold so far (no respiratory issues yet thank god).
We’ve gone the I-Mask protocol for treatment and so far so good. Can’t get monoclonal antibody treatment anymore which is pretty disappointing to hear the federal government is blocking the shipments.
I’m not taking any extra precautions (other than self quarantine for a week) as I believe I’ve already had it and if I catch it again I’m ok with that too. Sadly we have to cancel our NYE plans and the kids will miss the first few days start back to school but it is what it is.

Monoclonals are stopped because the ones readily available are ineffective vs omicron. Once the caseload gets above a threshold (I think it is 20% omicron) then those monoclonals are cancelled.

The one that does work is in such limited supply, that only the most severe of case potentials will qualify. Since you all are healthy and fit, you won’t qualify I suspect.

#28283 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Pales into insignificance compared to 56x risk of hospitalisations for the unvaccinated. 2B72C7AB-8571-45B0-A89D-B27D992F7176 (resized).jpeg2B72C7AB-8571-45B0-A89D-B27D992F7176 (resized).jpeg

Thing is, it’s much harder to un-fat yourself than to get vaccinated and most obese vaccinated people will be lower risk than the unvaccinated.

#28284 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Not being vaccinated will 17X the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection. Yet you won't get vaccinated and are whining about much lower risks. I don't get it.

And 78% of those hospitalized with covid are overweight yet won’t eat healthy or exercise. I don’t get it either.

#28285 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Sadly we have to cancel our NYE plans and the kids will miss the first few days start back to school but it is what it is.

100% We may have our difference of opinions, but I'm glad we can agree with this. All the best to you and your wife, I hope for good outcomes for the both of you.

#28286 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It's a bit long, but very relevant and pretty funny...
"You're going to be eaten by a brontoroc. We don't know what that means..."
https://www.netflix.com/title/81252357

Just don't stop watching at the first closing credits...

#28287 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

100% We may have our difference of opinions, but I'm glad we can agree with this. All the best to you and your wife, I hope for good outcomes for the both of you.

So far so good she was out for about 24 hours and feeling great tonight. Thank you.

I haven’t felt anything yet but I’ll let ya guys know! Happy new year!

#28288 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Cheers. She’s feeling much better today and thinks the test was maybe a false positive but she couldn’t even move yesterday and her friend at work was sick Monday and positive too. She’s up cleaning the house tonight now though so hopefully it was just a 24 hour thing. Happy new year. Thanks for the well wishes.

#28289 2 years ago
#28290 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Well my wife’s selfish vaccinated coworker decided it would be a good idea to come into work while knowingly living with a covid positive person the last week.

That I can agree with. People really need to start thinking more their impact on public health.

Sorry your wife is sick. Hopefully it stays a mild case and she gets well soon.

#28291 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Vaccine mandates ought to do it. Thanks for asking.

#28292 2 years ago

If you are high risk, the Pfizer and Merck pills are being distributed through Walmart. Gotta take them early I hear.

F55EEAD7-07F1-4903-950F-4519B399A174 (resized).jpegF55EEAD7-07F1-4903-950F-4519B399A174 (resized).jpeg

#28293 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Do you ever address the topic or question at hand? The fact obesity increases the risk of Covid complications has been known almost since this pandemic started. You deflected and failed to address my points yet again.

What say you to the fact those that refuse vaccination are driving up healthcare costs for all of us and pushing the country increasingly towards government run socialized healthcare?

#28294 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm fat, got OG covid last January and was fine. Felt like a really bad flu. Never had breathing issues and was never even close to needing to see a doctor, let alone be hospitalized. So should I still be forced to go on a govt. mandated diet?

#28295 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Whats not to get?
Do we have vaccines readily available for everyone? Yes or no?
If the answer is yes, time to go back to living life. That's why we have the vaccine. So we can live a normal life. Oh I get it, you want to protect the people who don't want you protecting them. How noble of you to want to control them.
I don't need idiots telling me I need protection from the unvaccinated. My Moderna Vaccine gives me protection from the unvaccinated. Honestly, why is so that incredibly difficult for so many people on here to understand that?
But I get it, I'm always wrong because I look at things like data and facts. Such an inconvenience to look at things like that.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

According to the FDA…masks don’t work.
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-surgical-masks-face-masks-and-barrier-face-coverings
Tell me about the fall wave of 2020, where most of the country was still shut down and pretty much masking up. How did that wave happen exactly? (Hint: click the link).
Couldn’t get sick at concerts. Couldn’t get sick at races. Couldn’t get sick at sports events. Couldn’t get sick at schools. Couldn’t get sick at offices. Couldn’t get sick traveling (no one was traveling, hence the extremely dirt cheap airfare). Couldn’t get sick at movies (Regal was closed).
Country was masked and socially distancing….the wave was the worst one we’ve seen.
But we were distanced and wearing masks….and the virus still exploded.
Look at the recent delta variant wave. We have a variant that is extremely easy to spread. Masks and social distancing, for the most part, are a thing of the past, except for a few places. Yet, we didn’t reach the same numbers as late fall. Why is that?
Answer: immunity.
How do viruses burn themselves out? Through masks/distancing or immunity?
Answer: immunity.
If anyone tells you otherwise, they are lying to you.
But I forgot…I just troll and ignore science.

Just thought this one deserved a follow-up. Let's not declare victory until we're victorious.

CKZLQlV (1) (resized).pngCKZLQlV (1) (resized).png
#28298 2 years ago

When covid is even touching the formerly covid-immune state of Florida you know it’s bad. Be careful out there folks!

Happy near year virus thread! I know we all have a lot of laughs, learning, and spirited conversation ahead of us in 2022! Seeya then!

#28299 2 years ago

Is there a percentage out there of how many fully vaccinated + boosted individuals won't develop Covid-19 symptoms even if exposed? I can't find it anywhere, maybe there isn't one. Months ago breakthrough cases were rare (2% or less I remember reading), then they increased, and now they seem to have exploded. It's good the vaccines still protect against severe illness but at the same time it seems like almost every vaccinated + boosted individual can get Covid now?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 566 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/566 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.