272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 562 of 576.
#28050 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This is the attitude of a weak selfish American that doesn't have the patriotism and moral fortitude to fight with their community and country against a common foe.

He said to the Purple Heart Marine Combat Veteran.

American Liberty and individualism is what we should be fighting for not Pharma companies to mass vax the planet.
You may not see it but I'm fighting for you and your rights every day friend.

#28051 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

3. Omicron is probably going to hit us all. Wife and I were 3x vaxxed and wore masks in public and still got it. We were not wearing N95s though (guess we might as well have gone with women's underwear?)

The FDA says any non N95 mask is pretty much worthless.

Sorry to hear you got sick.

Which booster did you get? How long ago?

#28052 2 years ago
4CFB46A0-A552-48C8-BA97-8EA008A40675.jpeg4CFB46A0-A552-48C8-BA97-8EA008A40675.jpeg
#28053 2 years ago

My wife was in the ER yesterday, just got home. We have to wait 1-2 days for the PCR tests, so she’s isolating. Meanwhile, I’ve got a really bad head cold, but I’m grateful that it hasn’t spread to my lungs yet. I may do a drive-thru COVID test tomorrow - I’m just trying to take care of my wife today.

The Urgent Care situation was ridiculous yesterday morning. We went to 3 different ones, and people were lined up out the door. They didn’t have walk-ins; you had to make an appointment. I know the ER a bill is going to be a big $ hit, but they had her on IV fluids within 30 minutes of getting there.

We had lots of family here this weekend, including my vax-skeptic son who’s pretty sure that he had COVID recently, so he’s “immune” now. He’s moving back in with us in February, and I’ve l already told him he’ll need to get vaccinated first. He’s bought into the “it changes your DNA” bullshit, which makes me mad.

#28056 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"42b4e8c0535134871b8baed37c7c079d394191ce-1640633719-1800"};
//]]>

American Liberty and individualism is what we should be fighting for not Pharma companies to mass vax the planet.

So now it is all a conspiracy by pharma companies to "mass vax" and make $$ off of all of us? Interesting. I'll give you this, you've got most of the Covid conspiracy theories down now to a fault.

I commend you for your service but am dissapointed that that experience didn't help you understand better the definition of and what constitutes freedom and liberty.

#28058 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This is the attitude of a weak selfish American that doesn't have the patriotism and moral fortitude to fight with their community and country against a common foe.

can i get a fucking AMEN!!

the total selfishness and heel digging in and tunnel vision from people is the hardest thing for me
to get my head around. i cant figure it out. it s fucking mind boggling.

so many adults who cant step back and critically think and cant give two shits less about their community.

thank god for the people who are pulling together against this and gives me some hope for future.

#28059 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

He’s bought into the “it changes your DNA” bullshit, which makes me mad.

I know someone who has bought into that, and other garbage nonsense like "vaccines cause autism because it didn't exist until vaccines", "covid is a government conspiracy to control us", "covid vaccines cause sterilization", "covid vaccine ingredients cause cancer", "vaccines don't work because people still get sick", "covid is just a flu", "nobody has actually died from covid", "covid vaccines caused mass deaths", "I don't need a vaccine since hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin cure covid", "covid vaccines cause birth defects and produces babies with black eyes (demon babies! )", "the covid vaccine was rushed and was untested", and of course the cherry on top, "5G causes cancer".

They generally have little empathy for immuno-compromised individuals, such as cancer patients or transplant recipients and say that they should just stay away from everyone if they're so worried about covid. So basically have them stay in isolation for years on end?

It's maddening. Everything they say and believe is completely and entirely false. Some of these claims are clearly complete loony tunes when assembled together since they easily contradict each other.

I can't get through to someone who buys into that stuff and engages with cult-like behavior. It becomes their whole identity, and trying to change their mind about it goes against their identity, and they can't handle the internal conflict and logic faults from that. When you try to refute one specific claim, they just leapfrog over to spouting some other wild claim in attempt to dazzle and confuse any non-believers (or "sheep"). If you do finally nail them down on a particular claim, then they claim it's fake news and a conspiracy against the truth. I don't know what else to call it other than cult brainwashing.

While the anti-vax crowd tends to be on a spectrum concerning the claims they actually believe in, this is pretty much what a steadfast anti-vax believer is like and where they generally stand.

#28061 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Where did you go wrong and choose to stop fighting for your country and start fighting against it? A little too much right wing radio or too much exposure to Qanon? You aren't fighting for anyone's rights or against big pharma, that's a lie you tell yourself rather than admit that you are fighting against your neighbors, your community and your countries' efforts to minimize the death and economic impact of a pandemic.

#28063 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So now it is all a conspiracy by pharma companies to "mass vax" and make $$ off of all of us? Interesting. I'll give you this, you've got most of the Covid conspiracy theories down now to a fault.
I commend you for your service but am disappointed that that experience didn't teach you or help you understand better the definition of and what comprises freedom and liberty. .

My only argument has been this entire thread is to shut down the idea of vaccine (movement) passports and vaccine mandates to participate in American society.

My argument is for our constitutional rights, something too many are willing to sacrifice for "promised" safety that has yet to even materialize.

#28065 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

My only argument has been this entire thread is to shut down the idea of vaccine (movement) passports and vaccine mandates to participate in American society.
My argument is for our constitutional rights, something too many are willing to sacrifice for "promised" safety that has yet to even materialize.

Oh you've argued a whole lot more than this, even if you want to try to reframe your posts as this, you seem terribly wrong and misguided. There was no promised safety, that's a straw man argument. You aren't fighting for constitutional rights, none have been violated. You act as if getting vaccinated and following some basic health guidelines is difficult, a sacrifice and unconstitutional, when it's super easy stuff we've been asked to do to help reduce the deaths, hospitalizations and economic impacts of the virus. This stuff is easy and it saves lives and we are doing it for the health and prosperity of our country.

I'm sure you are one of the lucky ones that hasn't felt the impact of friends and family dying or losing your job or your business failing during this pandemic and you've stated again and again that it's not your job to care about these things, you only care about your rights, which have never once been violated.

#28067 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh you've argued a whole lot more than this, even if you want to try to reframe your posts as this, you seem terribly wrong and misguided. There was no promised safety, that's a straw man argument. You aren't fighting for constitutional rights, none have been violated. You act if getting vaccinated and following some basic health guidelines is difficult, a sacrifice and unconstitutional, when it's super easy stuff we've been asked to do to help reduce the deaths, hospitalizations and economic impacts of the virus. This stuff is easy and it saves lives and we are doing it for the health and prosperity of our country.

Sure I’ve argued things like efficacy or our death counts etc. but the end point to all of those posts have been about mandates.

If it stopped the spread maybe you’d have a leg to stand on. It does not and never has. And yes there was absolutely promises of it stopping the spread and having 100% efficacy. Maybe that wasn’t what you believed but many people did.

I do not believe the government has the right to force inject you with a choice of 3 vaccines to participate in society. If you do that is your right.

Discrimination against the unvaccinated from the lancet. - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

#28068 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Sure I’ve argued things like efficacy or our death counts etc. but the end point to all of those posts have been about mandates.
If it stopped the spread maybe you’d have a leg to stand on. It does not and never has. And yes there was absolutely promises of it stopping the spread and having 100% efficacy. Maybe that wasn’t what you believed but many people did.
I do not believe the government has the right to force inject you with a choice of 3 vaccines to participate in society. If you do that is your right.
Discrimination against the unvaccinated from the lancet. - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

In summer 2020, Governor Murphy said we will break the back of the virus by keeping everything locked down.

How’d that turn out for NJ?

#28070 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Stop lying. You are again trying to set up a straw man argument. We were not promised 100% efficacy and no one is forcing you to do anything. You are no martyr, you are a selfish, unpatriotic person that won't fight with the rest of your country to reduce the deaths, hospitalization and economic impacts of a global pandemic.

#28071 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh you've argued a whole lot more than this, even if you want to try to reframe your posts as this, you seem terribly wrong and misguided. There was no promised safety, that's a straw man argument. You aren't fighting for constitutional rights, none have been violated. You act as if getting vaccinated and following some basic health guidelines is difficult, a sacrifice and unconstitutional, when it's super easy stuff we've been asked to do to help reduce the deaths, hospitalizations and economic impacts of the virus. This stuff is easy and it saves lives and we are doing it for the health and prosperity of our country.
I'm sure you are one of the lucky ones that hasn't felt the impact of friends and family dying or losing your job or your business failing during this pandemic and you've stated again and again that it's not your job to care about these things, you only care about your rights, which have never once been violated.

I remember quite a few people saying it would be 100% effective against hospitalization etc. even Pfizer ceo tweeted about 100% efficacy. Isn't it weird I live in a state where almost no one wears masks and we have a pretty low vaccine intake with one of the highest elderly populations? Weird we've done it 100% different than other states and doing better than quite a few. What are you basing your argument on? What have you done that's really helped the situation?
22A0B8EF-747D-44E1-B0AD-6BD8C19135C8 (resized).jpeg22A0B8EF-747D-44E1-B0AD-6BD8C19135C8 (resized).jpeg

#28072 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

We could compare to any state with lockdown measures and mask mandates we have maybe 15 more deaths per 100k

So 15 more is noise. But…

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

As of now NY has 11 additional deaths per 100k, that is a lot.

So which is it?

#28073 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Once again, you refuse to acknowledge what I posted earlier. The vaccine endpoints and goals are/were not what you claim. They were developed with endpoints of prevention of severe disease, hospitalization, and death.

You now continue to move the goalposts trying to imply anything short of a perfect vaccine that prevents Covid and/or its spread was a failure. Despite going up against what is now a highly mutated virus, they continue for most to do what they were designed to do, keep people out of the hospital so we don't overwhelm our medical infrastructure and can keep businesses and society functioning.

Those who refuse vaccination for whatever reason at this point continue to burden and overwhelm our hospitals/HCP's and put the economy and businesses at risk for further restrictions and pain. Do you consider those type of decisions to be patriotic?

We've had vaccine requirements for children to attend public schools for decades now. Why now with a new highly infectious and dangerous disease for some is vaccination political and a matter that has put the Constitution and our rights in jeopardy?

I'm a conservative and former GOP state delegate here and I honestly don't understand the far right, conspiratorial crowd's thinking and spin on all this. Misguided nonsense if you ask me

#28075 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"912cf1629dd2b8acad95db0ed109b73357b8f36f-1640647863-1800"};
//]]>

The current and former commanders in chief asked Americans to get vaccinated for the good of the country.

#28078 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I remember quite a few people saying it would be 100% effective against hospitalization etc. even Pfizer ceo tweeted about 100% efficacy. Isn't it weird I live in a state where almost no one wears masks and we have a pretty low vaccine intake with one of the highest elderly populations? Weird we've done it 100% different than other states and doing better than quite a few. What are you basing your argument on? What have you done that's really helped the situation?
[quoted image]

FFS. That article is from March 2021 and was true at the time during alpha. We have gone thru delta and now are on omicron. Update your examples.

Also, right above your highlighted section it has the very important word “appear”. As in “they appear to be 100%”. Context matters.

#28080 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So 15 more is noise. But…

So which is it?

Way to dig up 2 month old posts! I would say even then if you asked me 15 more deaths is a lot but please read the full quote, I stand by it even though that's not what's happening 2 months later... With zero mandates Florida is actually LOWER now (we didn't see that coming!) than quite a few more states than when that post was made. Many even have a higher vaccine uptake and crazy restrictions on public participation (take NY for example).

#28083 2 years ago

Also I love how this thread has devolved into a name calling thread. "No, you're not patriotic! I am."

If you're going to get the vaccine, you already got it. If not then you're probably not going to. Either way you think the other side is moronic.

More than ever I'm convinced I need to read more books! Science books too. Alot "science experts" floating around this forum from folks that have never read a scientific paper in their lives. They just regurgitate.

#28084 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Also I love how this thread has devolved into a name calling thread. "No, you're not patriotic! I am."
If you're going to get the vaccine, you already got it. If not then you're probably not going to. Either way you think the other side is moronic.
More than ever I'm convinced I need to read more books! Science books too. Alot "science experts" floating around this forum from folks that have never read a scientific paper in their lives. They just regurgitate.

I actually think it’s a good idea for people to take a vaccine if they’re worried about the effects of covid. I’ve said this before. But to take it and pretend they’re saving mankind and then say I’m stupid for not taking it is asinine at this point when we now know it’s a leaky vaccine. They’re doing it for themselves now which is the way it should be. Freedom of choice.

For me? I’ve weighed my pros and cons and at my age and fitness level I’m not too concerned with the effects of covid to want to participate in the mRNA therapy, not to mention I believe I’ve already had covid back in April. I am however, very concerned with the notion I have to be vaccinated along with everyone else to participate in society, when I am no more a threat in spreading this disease than someone who is vaccinated.

#28086 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

when I am no more a threat in spreading this disease than someone who is vaccinated.

Wrong. And it’s even worse if you don’t wear an N95 mask. If you’re not vaccinated you wear an N95 when you go out, right? I’m guessing not.

As for weighing your pros and cons - go read up on the impacts of long Covid. I don’t want Covid but I sure as hell don’t want long Covid. Age and fitness level? Already an old wives tale. Practically irrelevant. Hundreds, maybe thousands of young and fit adults decided they didn’t need the vaccine were buried in the last two years.

And you’re not stupid for not wanting to take the vaccine if you are significantly immunocompromised. If you aren’t then we are back to selfish and/or misinformed.

#28087 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Wife and I tested positive yesterday.
Some observations:
1. We are both two weeks out from our 3rd doses. Omicron is an infectious motherfucker.
2. Symptoms for me started with mild chills/body aches and a sore throat last Wednesday. This turned into a head cold, lots of congestion and sneezing. On Friday (Christmas Eve) we both took a rapid test and were negative even though my symptoms were pretty strong. Wife had a headache but was much less whiny than I was.
3. Christmas day we couldn't get a test. My symptoms were still pretty annoying. Sudafed+acetaminophen was enough to keep me going.
4. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling a lot better but we took tests anyway because we were supposed to see extended family. Both positive on the rapid tests, and also took PCR tests. Wife is now feeling similarly to how I did earlier in the week.
5. Today I feel good. Some mild congestion in my chest but I can breathe through my nose and my body doesn't hurt. Our holiday plans are ruined though. We are living in my in-laws basement in Illinois for the next few days. My father-in-law's Supersonic has a bad solenoid driver board so I can't even play that to pass the time.
6. We were supposed to go home tomorrow but no way we can do that now. Current CDC guideline is 10 days of isolation from symptom onset. Multiple articles I've read are suggesting this will need to be changed with Omicron. We changed our flights to Friday. Hopefully we'll be able to get negative tests before then or we'll have to change them yet again.
My takeaways:
1. Rapid tests aren't great with Omicron apparently. Probably best to assume if you have symptoms that you have it.
2. The disruption is a pain in the ass even with mild symptoms. I don't doubt that plenty of folks (especially Americans) will not be able to follow isolation guidelines. I can afford to miss an extra half a week of work, way too many people can't afford that. We're not going to provide any kind of support for folks who are supposed to isolate, so it's not going to happen. Too many people will have the choice of paying rent and groceries or isolating, and that's no choice at all.
3. Omicron is probably going to hit us all. Wife and I were 3x vaxxed and wore masks in public and still got it. We were not wearing N95s though (guess we might as well have gone with women's underwear?)

I don’t understand, you said you both were vaccinated! How did you get sick?

#28088 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im so grateful that Pinside has some of the best minds in the world that share their wisdom..... that pretty much the rest of the world, science, and medicine are wrong, and they help us see these truths.

I believe you have posted this more than once, so let’s talk about the science deniers.
I caught Covid back in July from my vaccinated wife. (Her vaccine obviously didn’t work, when “THEY” told us it would.) My only symptom was a fever that lasted 10 days. I’ll give credit to the CDC on the 10 day recommended quarantine. It makes sense because my fever lasted exactly 10 days.
Now the science.

The SCIENTIST in Israel claim I am 27x more protected from Covid than a vaccinated person.
The SCIENTIST at Pfizer claim I am 7x more protected from Covid than a vaccinated person and don’t recommend that you take the jab if you have natural immunity. In all fairness, they recommend you have an antibody test 7-9 months later, then consider a jab.

My wife and I both believe that we had the new variant the first week of December. We both had colds that lasted about 7 days after our family Thanksgiving. More than half of the people in attendance had the same symptoms that week.

So I ask you, with the scientific proof I provided above, who are the science deniers? The problem is that all of you vaxer’s only get seem to get your information from one source, and that is continually obvious from the “fact” articles you post. It is truly dumbfounded how many of you actually believe the stoke and fear put into you by CNN, MSNBC and the NYT. OBTW, most of us do not subscribe to the New York Times, so stop posting propaganda that we can’t read.

Lastly, and most importantly, I have been reading through this thread since August, and I don’t believe the topic of natural immunity has ever been brought up. I am, like millions others in this country, naturally immune.

#28090 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

we now know it’s a leaky vaccine.

I confess that I have no idea what you mean when you use this phrase. Do you mean that it’s not 100% effective at stopping infection? If so, aren’t all vaccines “leaky”? It seems like a made-up derogatory term.

#28091 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I actually think it’s a good idea for people to take a vaccine if they’re worried about the effects of covid. I’ve said this before. But to take it and pretend they’re saving mankind and then say I’m stupid for not taking it is asinine at this point when we now know it’s a leaky vaccine. They’re doing it for themselves now which is the way it should be. Freedom of choice.
For me? I’ve weighed my pros and cons and at my age and fitness level I’m not too concerned with the effects of covid to want to participate in the mRNA therapy, not to mention I believe I’ve already had covid back in April. I am however, very concerned with the notion I have to be vaccinated along with everyone else to participate in society, when I am no more a threat in spreading this disease than someone who is vaccinated.

You still just don't get it. You keep grasping at the vaccinated can also spread Covid angle while continuing to ignore the fact it is the unvaccinated that are largely responsible for overwhelming our hospitals and burn't out front line healthcare providers for months now. That will only intensify as Omicron burns through the population.

Omicron is so mutated and different from the original strain the vaccines targeted, of course there are and will continue to be many breakthrough cases. Of course, that means those thinking they have "natural immunity" from previous infection can look forward to many reinfections as well. It doesn't change the fact they continue to offer the vast majority vaccinated and boosted protection from severe disease, hospitalization, or death.

In your case, thinking you may have had it and rolling the dice by remaining unvaccinated seems like an unnecesssary and pointless risk but I guess that is your choice... misinformed as it may be.

#28092 2 years ago

I was scheduled to get my booster yesterday but canceled my appointment after becoming symptomatic on Sunday. Instead I got in for a drive through nasal swab. I'm sick as a dog and miserable but I don't consider my illness to be life threatening at this point. Day three and I'll see how it goes.

Worst yet is informing the people I've had contact with and rejoining this thread.

covid (resized).pngcovid (resized).png
#28093 2 years ago

I am seeing "peak COVID" in my community... at least peak COVID testing. On my way to work I pass by two clinics where they do COVID testing. One is drive through. I can tell exactly how many people are getting tested based on the length of the line by counting cars. Last week, the line spilled into the road for the first time. Yesterday, it went about a quarter mile down the road and there were 100ish cars. Today, the line was blocking traffic through traffic lights for almost 1/2 a mile... I lost count at over 200 cars.

On the plus side it's pretty quite at work (office environment) today with so many people out!

Crofton Maryland.

#28094 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's official. A trip to the VA this morning for a covid test has confirmed that I am Covid positive. The VA is offering, and I am accepting, an IV with a couple of drugs that are supposed to make this stuff go away.
So glad I am vaccinated. I breathe fine. No issues with that, but I can feel this stuff deep inside my lungs. It is beyond any chest cold I have ever had.

It’s not the flu. I’m 6 days in with Covid. All I can muster the strength to do is get up to use the toilet and microwave water make hot tea. Or make another alka-seltzer to make the constant chills go away.

All I do is curl up in fetal position, pull the covers over my head and cacoon.

It is not painful. But I am on my butt with no stamina. I have been able to drive myself to the VA but afterwords all I feel like doing is coming home and cocoon.

I have no appetite and have lost 4 lbs.

When I see on TV that airlines are cancelling flights in droves due to staff shortages, I get it. I’m no pilot but I have spent some time in the cockpit and understand there is no way a pilot could do his job with this stuff raking his body.

I have no trouble with breathing but my lungs are still full of this stuff.

Tomorrow I will go to VA and get an IV and get two drugs IV’d in. They are Casirivimab and Imdevimab ( perhaps Doc Gizzard is familiar with them).

Am I glad I am vaccinated? I’ll let you all figure that for yourself.

For the record, I am 70, not obese, don’t smoke and use little alcohol. I am in as good health as 70 yo can be.

Now I am back under the covers.

#28095 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Many countries in Europe have lower obesity rates but haven't fared that well themselves. Countries like Italy and Greece with lower obesity rates, better diets, and also older populaces have also been hit much harder than Japan.

Its interesting how not many people that hate the politics of Florida never mention age when discussing Florida vs. other states.

Speaking of Florida, just spent 2 weeks there leaving NYC. As a fully vaccinated family we never felt the need to wear a mask, nor were mandated to, as soon as we stepped out of the Airport. 2 weeks of essentially 90%+ maskless people enjoying eating and drinking, indoors, outdoors etc many older ones. Mostly on top of each other by the waterfront piers restaurants/bars. Some employees of supermarkets and restaurants voluntarily wear masks i would say most didnt initially but the last week more started to with the Omicron news. We stayed in a Condo that has a majority of residents 70-80+ years old. Not one of them has died fortunately since the start of Covid, a few have had symptoms and been sick then quarantine but most are vaccinated at this point so most dont mask.

Meanwhile I have a sister that has not visited Florida out of fear of the environment. She fully vaccinated, wears a KN95 everywhere except when in the park or walking the dog outside in Brooklyn. I just found out she has Covid. Had a really bad sore throat head cold and aches did a home text negative then PCR positive. She is in her 40s so should be fine in a few days. Of course totally anecdotal but this Omicron is getting through to EVERYONE. That said, I had the sniffles a few weeks ago before I headed to Florida, maybe I had it then too? Who knows. I didnt get tested but she did.

CDC just cut the quarantine in half. This thing is endemic and great news this new variant is not as bad. Hopefully once we get through these next few weeks we will really turn the corner.

#28096 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wrong. And it’s even worse if you don’t wear an N95 mask. If you’re not vaccinated you wear an N95 when you go out, right? I’m guessing not.
As for weighing your pros and cons - go read up on the impacts of long Covid. I don’t want Covid but I sure as hell don’t want long Covid. Age and fitness level? Already an old wives tale. Practically irrelevant. Hundreds, maybe thousands of young and fit adults decided they didn’t need the vaccine were buried in the last two years.
And you’re not stupid for not wanting to take the vaccine if you are significantly immunocompromised. If you aren’t then we are back to selfish and/or misinformed.

So I tried researching it. Long covid can be included as something I am not afraid of.

"Long Covid less common than feared" - ONS study - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58584558

"The Dubious Origins of Long Covid" - https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dubious-origins-of-long-covid-11616452583

"The Myth of ‘Long COVID’" - https://spectator.org/long-covid-myth/

Funny I know around 30 people at least that have had and recovered from covid and not one of them including my friend who was on a vent for 3 weeks has had what would be classified as "long covid". Does it happen? Sure but I'm more concerned with the long term effects of mRNA therapy than I am "long covid".

Also how many people you know that actually wear an N95? I never see them (I wasn’t even allowed on the plane with mine!) not to mention most available are the respirator style which only filters on the intake not the breath out so again you’re not saving anyone aside from yourself even if you do wear one. Though Razer has a pretty cool one that filters both in and out now which is neat.

#28097 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I have no idea what you mean when you use this phrase. Do you mean that it’s not 100% effective at stopping infection? If so, aren’t all vaccines “leaky”? It seems like a made-up derogatory term.

Leaky vs. Perfect Vaccines has been a debate well before covid ever came along. Our childhood vaccines are what is considered "perfect vaccines", mRNA therapy is a leaky vaccine. - https://www.healthline.com/health-news/leaky-vaccines-can-produce-stronger-versions-of-viruses-072715

"These less-than-perfect vaccines create a “leaky” barrier against the virus. Vaccinated individuals may get sick but have less severe symptoms, but the virus survives long enough to transmit to others, which allows it to survive and spread throughout a population."

There's plenty of articles on leaky vs perfect vaccines before 2019 you can find.

In the beginning they were marketing these therapies as "perfect vaccines"

"You won't get hospitalized or die if you get it"
"you won't have to wear a mask"
"you can resume normal activities without worrying about infecting others"

Then it was "breakthrough infections are rare!"..

#28098 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You still just don't get it. You keep grasping at the vaccinated can also spread Covid angle while continuing to ignore the fact it is the unvaccinated that are largely responsible for overwhelming our hospitals and burn't out front line healthcare providers for months now. That will only intensify as Omicron burns through the population.
Omicron is so mutated and different from the original strain the vaccines targeted, of course there are and will continue to be many breakthrough cases. Of course, that means those thinking they have "natural immunity" from previous infection can look forward to many reinfections as well. It doesn't change the fact they continue to offer the vast majority vaccinated and boosted protection from severe disease, hospitalization, or death.
In your case, thinking you may have had it and rolling the dice by remaining unvaccinated seems like an unnecesssary and pointless risk but I guess that is your choice... misinformed as it may be.

The hospitals are overwhelmed or understaffed for firing unvaccinated healthcare workers?
Sure are a lot of states firing nurses and then asking the government for staffing assistance 2 months later.. Weird.

"New York Hospital FIRES 1,400 Unvaccinated Nurses, Sends Singing Nurses To White House"
"NYC Faces Lowest Nursing Staff Numbers in Almost 2 Years, 1 in 60 Tests Positive for Virus"
"Samaritan Health requesting nursing assistance from National Guard"
"New York moves to address nursing shortage"

It's almost like if you fire thousands of people from the janitors to nurses and doctors for not taking a vaccine that you may find your hospitals getting overwhelmed one would think no?

#28099 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

So I tried researching it. Long covid can be included as something I am not afraid of.
"Long Covid less common than feared" - ONS study - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58584558
"The Dubious Origins of Long Covid" - https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dubious-origins-of-long-covid-11616452583
"The Myth of ‘Long COVID’" - https://spectator.org/long-covid-myth/
Funny I know around 30 people at least that have had and recovered from covid and not one of them including my friend who was on a vent for 3 weeks has had what would be classified as "long covid". Does it happen? Sure but I'm more concerned with the long term effects of mRNA therapy than I am "long covid".
Also how many people you know that actually wear an N95? I never see them (I wasn’t even allowed on the plane with mine!) not to mention most available are the respirator style which only filters on the intake not the breath out so again you’re not saving anyone aside from yourself even if you do wear one. Though Razer has a pretty cool one that filters both in and out now which is neat.

I give up. You are unreachable. Stay safe.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 562 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/562?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.