272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 558 of 576.
#27850 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I simply cannot understand - after almost 2 years - how people can claim such things as "it's no worse than a common cold" , "vaccines don't work" , "it's not that bad" , "it's a conspiracy" , do not understand simple maths, put the same weight from a YouTube video as they do a briefing from the Chief Medical Officer, or simply try and deflect and blame the government.
It shouldn't need an enforced lockdown, it shouldn't need constant reinforcing of the need for vaccines and booster jabs, but quite clearly it does.
Go and get whatever jab you need to get up to date, whether that be your first, second or third, wear a mask in enclosed public spaces, wash your hands and stop trying to apportion blame or claim entitlement to the freedoms that being part of a society brings you in the first place.

This deserves a slow clap! Well said!!

#27851 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

All the more reason to continue mask wearing and distancing vigilance!

Yeah, but kinda hard to do the distancing thing on a plane. I've got 2 flying in for the holidays and another driving home from college. We're all vaxxed and boostered, but my last flight plenty of folks were doing the chin diaper thing...

#27852 2 years ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59703523

Anti-5G necklaces found to be radioactive

Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.

The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warned about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.

It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.

There is no evidence that 5G networks are harmful to health.

#27854 2 years ago

So the lawsuit determined that because the unvaccinated are are at risk of illness, there must be a mandate in place to give them a vaccine they do not want. By this logic they could mandate a stop to any behavior that is potentially unhealthy. I'd expect the legal challenges to continue.

#27855 2 years ago

Local high schooler passes away from covid:

https://wnyt.com/warren-county-ny-news/adam-sweeney-queensbury-warren-county-student-covid-19-coronavirus-death/6336203/

https://www.queensburyschool.org/qufsd-mourns-the-loss-of-qhs-student/

The chair of the Warren County Board of Supervisors says this is a sad reminder that covid-19 affects all ages.

#27856 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

So the lawsuit determined that because the unvaccinated are are at risk of illness, there must be a mandate in place to give them a vaccine they do not want. By this logic, they could mandate a stop to any behavior that is potentially unhealthy. I'd expect the legal challenges to continue.

There may be more challenges and that’s cool. I am for the mandate. Every time a mandate is in place, more people get vaccinated.

Keep in mind this private business mandate allows those that want to remain unvaccinated to just test. No one is treating anyone like a 3 year old in the doctors office, even though many are acting like one.

If people can’t at least test to help the country get through this, then I’m not sure what their motivation is.

#27857 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Local high schooler passes away from covid:

10 year old here just died of Covid. No medical information released so can’t confirm if there were any pre-existing risk factors. NZ has one of the highest childhood asthma rates in the world, so plenty of kids will be at some elevated risk. Vaccine roll out for 5-11 year olds has not started yet.

#27859 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

By this logic they could mandate a stop to any behavior that is potentially unhealthy.

Yes, if said unhealthy behavior is contagious and already killed 5 million people.

#27860 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

So the lawsuit determined that because the unvaccinated are are at risk of illness, there must be a mandate in place to give them a vaccine they do not want.

No. The lawsuit determined that someone with the virus can spread it to their co-workers. That makes it an unsafe work environment for others. It is already well established (but for some reason still argued) that people who have had the vaccine have much better outcomes.

Quoted from bonzo71:

By this logic they could mandate a stop to any behavior that is potentially unhealthy.

Reductio ad absurdum - You are attempting to take this to an absurd result, and in this case, it isn't even a logical line to the absurdity you tried to use. This has absolutely nothing to do with controlling people from potentially unhealthy behavior. It has everything to do with reducing the potential of a deadly virus that has killed 5 million people. I don't care if you have unhealthy behavior that only impacts you. And really, the government doesn't care much about that either. But when your behavior can have a massive negative impact on those around you, I start caring a lot. Not about the cost of dumb things like not wearing a seatbelt, but about you having the ability of giving a deadly disease to someone like my sister.

Quoted from bonzo71:

I'd expect the legal challenges to continue.

Of course they will. OSHA will need to know if it can regulate a safe work environment or not. OSHA makes sure people are working in safe conditions. We will find out if they still have that ability or not. And if not, OSHA will probably be no more. And if you want "Reductio ad absurdum", just take OSHA out of the picture so employers can remove any workplace safety... because that will be an underlying effect of them not being able to insure workplace safety.

#27861 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

There may be more challenges and that’s cool. I am for the mandate. Every time a mandate is in place, more people get vaccinated.
Keep in mind this private business mandate allows those that want to remain unvaccinated to just test. No one is treating anyone like a 3 year old in the doctors office, even though many are acting like one.
If people can’t at least test to help the country get through this, then I’m not sure what their motivation is.

You guys would be shocked to see who agrees with this simple strategy and even uses vaccine passports!

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/fox-corporation-coronavirus-employees-vaccinations-daily-test-1235064641/amp/

381A9E81-3590-4A6B-864A-CC6E409F60E5 (resized).jpeg381A9E81-3590-4A6B-864A-CC6E409F60E5 (resized).jpeg

#27862 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

COVID will spike again in January. Hopefully not a horrible spike but it certainly will happen.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling we are going to see a surge in daily deaths later this month and into January that exceeds anything we've seen so far. Despite the fact that we now have incredibly effective vaccines, there are still a shitload of people in this country that aren't vaccinated. Because of how contagious omicron is, I fear that it's going to plow right through them.

#27863 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You guys would be shocked to see who agrees with this simple strategy and even uses vaccine passports!

Good. But is the passport only an email that you show at request? I mean, without any authentication or proof of origin?

#27864 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

So the lawsuit determined that because the unvaccinated are are at risk of illness, there must be a mandate in place to give them a vaccine they do not want. By this logic they could mandate a stop to any behavior that is potentially unhealthy. I'd expect the legal challenges to continue.

They will continue but this will be decided by the Supreme Court and sooner than later. If I'm a betting man, it will be upheld as legal.

Precedent supports previous vaccine mandates at the state level and this conservative leaning court has already upheld state mandates. More proof that vaccine mandates where it involves a highly infectious disease that can affect everyone is a public health issue, not a political one.

#27865 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling we are going to see a surge in daily deaths later this month and into January that exceeds anything we've seen so far. Despite the fact that we now have incredibly effective vaccines, there are still a shitload of people in this country that aren't vaccinated. Because of how contagious omicron is, I fear that it's going to plow right through them.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem very effective against the spread of omicron or whatever variant is currently making waves.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/most-reported-us-omicron-cases-have-hit-the-fully-vaccinated-cdc-688433

https://www.newsweek.com/omicron-variant-found-more-vaccinated-people-us-resistance-concerns-persist-1656114

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/12/fully-vaccinated-omicron-infections/620953/

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/norway-omicron-super-spreader-all-vaccinated-173324816.html

#27866 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

…there are still a shitload of people in this country that aren't vaccinated. Because of how contagious omicron is, I fear that it's going to plow right through them.

…and overload the hospital system too.

Not looking good. We may all be a bit exhausted with “playing it safe” but virus don’t care. If we let it rip through the population, well, that’s exactly what it will do.

Hoping it won’t be so bad, but early data isn’t making me optimistic. :/

#27867 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Yes, if said unhealthy behavior is contagious and already killed 5 million people.

The problem is that vaccinated people also spread the virus and the primary benefit is self protection.

My comment was based on the story saying that the primary finding was that the risk of not mandating the vaccine was highest to the unvaccinated.

Right now my triple vaxed father is starting to develop blood clots and has been put on medication. Maybe this is coincidental, and maybe it's not. It is making me wonder though since it is a side effect that is being discussed as a possibility.

#27869 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

The problem is that vaccinated people also spread the virus and the primary benefit is self protection.

No. While the vaccinated people spread the virus, they do it less than the unvaccinated.

And the more people are vaccinated, the less will they get severe infection, and the less will they spread the disease.

#27870 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

My comment was based on the story saying that the primary finding was that the risk of not mandating the vaccine was highest to the unvaccinated.
Right now my triple vaxed father is starting to develop blood clots and has been put on medication. Maybe this is coincidental, and maybe it's not. It is making me wonder though since it is a side effect that is being discussed as a possibility.

vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia is not really associated with the mRNA vaccines. Yes in rare circumstances for JnJ and AstraZeneca. Since you say your father is triple vaxxed, I’m assuming he had a mRNA vaccine.

Not your father’s doctor and I have zero clue of his medical history but in general there are a myriad of issues that cause blood clotting issues, especially in the elderly. If you are truly concerned, his primary care doctor is where I would go for specific answers.

#27871 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But none of those articles negate my point. Just as with the previous variants, it will overwhelmingly be the unvaccinated people that get really sick and die from omicron, especially when compared to those who have received their boosters. If you look past the headlines and actually read the articles you linked to, they specifically say that most of the people who are vaccinated and have tested positive with omicron have had mild cases.

#27872 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No. The lawsuit determined that someone with the virus can spread it to their co-workers

The mandate is legally based on precedent where the government mandated everyone got a small pox vaccine or pay a fine. The supreme court ruled the government could do so but this was during the age of small pox and they had an actual vaccine that worked, not some vaccine we will need from birth til death. AND the guy paid the $5 fine.

My contention with this is it is never ending. The big pharma companies have every interest in continuing producing vaccines. They are making a killing(profits baby) from their secret deal with the government.

Ask yourself how come the pharma companies won't sign a patent waiver?

Africa has less than 10% vaccinated rate, South Africa 26%. India 40% The unvaccinated in the USA are not the problem. Mutations will keep coming from Africa.

#27874 2 years ago

Yeah the kickline has been silenced.

Covid not sparing those fabulous gams!!!

#27875 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Cases shooting up in the UK currently. Last 4 days-
88,376 (today)
Apart from O, another factor is the new law requiring a Covid pass to go to many venues, meaning a lot more tests being done (up 19% in the last 7 days), dare I say by people more likely to have the 'vid e.g. young 'uns going clubbing. But still, phwooar, eh? Say no more.

Yesterday the UK recorded its highest daily Covid cases yet seen during the pandemic- 93,045. Today it was 90,418. Getting pretty bad now. Everything is being thrown at booster jabs, but even now the government isn't locking anything down, because our PM doesn't want to be unpopular and lose his job. So this will get a lot worse before it gets better, as the scientists are ignored.

#27876 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

You act as if the pharma companies wanting to make money is somehow proof that the vaccines don't work.

#27877 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

The mandate is legally based on precedent where the government mandated everyone got a small pox vaccine or pay a fine. The supreme court ruled the government could do so but this was during the age of small pox and they had an actual vaccine that worked, not some vaccine we will need from birth til death. AND the guy paid the $5 fine.
My contention with this is it is never ending. The big pharma companies have every interest in continuing producing vaccines. They are making a killing(profits baby) from their secret deal with the government.
Africa has less than 10% vaccinated rate, South Africa 26%. India 40% The unvaccinated in the USA are not the problem. Mutations will keep coming from Africa.

Dude get your jab and go long $PFE. Make money and protect your health.

7D7D1778-2338-4A98-9504-43880FDFF4E0.gif7D7D1778-2338-4A98-9504-43880FDFF4E0.gif

#27878 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

The problem is that vaccinated people also spread the virus

Joey Chestnut and I eat both hot dogs.

#27879 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia is not really associated with the mRNA vaccines. Yes in rare circumstances for JnJ and AstraZeneca. Since you say your father is triple vaxxed, I’m assuming he had a mRNA vaccine.
Not your father’s doctor and I have zero clue of his medical history but in general there are a myriad of issues that cause blood clotting issues, especially in the elderly. If you are truly concerned, his primary care doctor is where I would go for specific answers.

He had 3x moderna and now takes eloquist for clots. He did not have a hisory of blood clots and his doctor is unsure what caused it. Im not saying the vaccine caused it either, but I think it should at least be considered.

#27882 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Joey Chestnut and I eat both hot dogs.

Pretty certain Joey eats more than two.

#27883 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I would imagine you’re the minority here. I don’t know anyone personally testing themselves randomly when they aren’t showing any symptoms.
Not saying people aren’t as in your case, trying to stay ahead of it but I imagine most people in that 40%+ of asymptomatic infections have already had covid and didn’t even realize it. Much like vaccinated can carry and be asymptomatic too.

I just took a group trip to Florida with 14 friends, we all tested ourselves the day before we were to stay in a house together for a week. Pre-testing before group and family gatherings is pretty normal among people I know, especially now that the home kits are cheap and readily available. At any large event here they require proof of a vaccine or proof of a negative test to enter, that's how it was at PAX and Emerald City Comicon, where we did a pinball collection panel at one and the classic arcade at the other. Those may drive a lot of people to test without symptoms, although the vast majority of people attending these types of events are pro-science and vaccines.

#27884 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, but kinda hard to do the distancing thing on a plane. I've got 2 flying in for the holidays and another driving home from college. We're all vaxxed and boostered, but my last flight plenty of folks were doing the chin diaper thing...

I flew back from Miami last night. We wore KN95 masks and most people were good about keeping their masks on. The guy sitting next to my girlfriend had an occasional deep cough that was cringeworthy and I was really thankful both he and we had masks on. She's got cystic fibrosis and is much more at risk to this virus, we are hoping he wasn't flying while actually being sick with a cold, flu or coronavirus. It will be a good test of our vaccine and masking.

#27885 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dude get your jab and go long $PFE. Make money and protect your health.
[quoted image]

I bought PFE last March, the stock is up 55% and climbing. It seemed like a no brainer to invest in a vaccine that worked and would be distributed throughout the world.

#27888 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Pretty certain Joey eats more than two.

That was my point!

#27890 2 years ago

In The Netherlands we're back to lockdown again. I teach at a high school and only the tests that count for the students final grades are taken at school, so only 5th and 6th class went to school yesterday and today. And some students who 'need' or really want to be at school because of circumstances are welcome to come over at our school. But I think over 75% of our students stay at home this week.
Let's hope things develop less bad than feared, so hopefully after Christmas holiday schools can open again.

PS: Let's hope Trump having received the booster can convince some of his followers to get vaccinated.

#27892 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

S: Let's hope Trump having received the booster can convince some of his followers to get vaccinated.

It is unbelievable. He says he has got the booster shot and gets booed.

#27895 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:In The Netherlands we're back to lockdown again. I teach at a high school and only the tests that count for the students final grades are taken at school, so only 5th and 6th class went to school yesterday and today. And some students who 'need' or really want to be at school because of circumstances are welcome to come over at our school. But I think over 75% of our students stay at home this week.
Let's hope things develop less bad than feared, so hopefully after Christmas holiday schools can open again.
PS: Let's hope Trump having received the booster can convince some of his followers to get vaccinated.

The strange part, is that so many in the US follow Newscorp, and associates, they believe this is only a US issue, and only Political.
How sad that one cant get them to see beyond themselves.

#27896 2 years ago

2 years into this and why are we lacking in test kits?

#27897 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

2 years into this and why are we lacking in test kits?

Because we didn't think we would need them. If you were vaccinated before June, everyone (including me) thought this would end soon and just be an issue for the unvaccinated. Just a couple of months ago (October) I was in a CVS and saw a huge display of Binax test kits. I almost grabbed a couple, but I'm never around anyone who is unvaccinated except in stores, and then it is in passing and I'm masked. Our supply was WAY higher than our demand. And they do expire, so stockpiling didn't seem important.

And then less than a month ago, Omicron hit. And it sounds like even vaccinated, it is pretty easy to catch if you are hanging out inside with someone that has it. It is now the dominant strain in the US. Poof, everyone gathering with family wants test kits for every member of the family before gathering. Demand outstripped supply in just a couple of weeks.

#27898 2 years ago

I wonder what the accuracy level is on the tests ?Are they made here or imported ?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 558 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/558?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.