272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 576.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Shit! Not what you want to see after a long ass day. Things are more bleak than I thought.[quoted image]

Booger stash getting low?

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

True, but we dont have the processes and the labor/factory to manufacture the next round.
Me last round of labor before I retired was $.35 hour Far Rural China, to $1.35 for tech assembly
Would we be willing to pay 5-10 times the price for our goods?

Americans are getting ready to pay A LOT MORE for things they need.
They finally created inflation, Yippee!

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I’m pretty sure I saw Ian Anderson tell that story to David letterman. It might have been in the NBC days. Jethro Tull put on a great live show.

If you can catch Martin Barre performing, it’s amazing—he’s got a singer who does a great job covering Ian’s parts while still making the performances his own.

#2654 4 years ago

We saw Jethro Tull last summer. Last time I ever drove to LA.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Then why are we bothering to import 80% of what we need?

Because Manufacturers in the US would rather use freshly mined "New" Raws rather than fool with recycled material.
We will be fooling with it now, gladly.

#2656 4 years ago

I’m low on cocaine as well

#2657 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

articles cited

To clarify, I didn't say (or mean) that Boeing would be unaffected. China is a HUGE market, and that would sting. BUT there is precedent for Boeing not having presence in a large and powerful country, so it might not be the end of their world. At any rate, Boeing's current crisis is wholly self-inflicted. It pains me to see as I used to be a huge Boeing fanboy when I was younger, spotting their planes flying in/out of MDW on a daily basis. Such a proud name and one of America's brightest inspiring legacies cratered to the ground at the altar of Wall Street. I've no sympathy for any of the EO's who allowed those shoddy decisions to pass.

So re: the China issue: it is indeed serious for Boeing. But arguably the least of their worries.

But it's an interesting comparison to cite in this thread! Here we are in America, asking why China didn't get its shit together over this virus while rightfully distrusting every word they say. A year ago, China was the first one to literally tell the US to fix its aviation shit, and wouldn't believe a word we said on the matter. And of course it's only been more and more damning for Boeing and the FAA with every revelation since then. Pot, Kettle, kill a few people. Sigh.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I’m low on cocaine as well

That shit ain’t made in China

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

BACK TO YOU COTTON

Jaybird, you are hilarious

And I am:

But that is such a downer.

How about some Hot Tuna?

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That shit ain’t made in China

No, but Fentanyl is.

#2662 4 years ago

Only Old people

A 12-year-old girl named Emma from Atlanta, Georgia, is on a ventilator and “fighting for her life” after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, her cousin Justin Anthony told CNN. Emma was diagnosed with pneumonia on March 15 and tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday. As of Saturday, she is on a ventilator and in stable condition at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta-Scottish Rite Hospital, Anthony said.

According to her family, Emma had no preexisting health conditions, nor did she travel recently so it is not clear how she contracted the virus. "The patient remains in isolation, and we have consistently used appropriate precautions. Additional details will not be released due to patient privacy laws," Jessica Pope told CNN, a spokesman from the hospital.

#2663 4 years ago

Has anyone heard from any source where the statement, "Thousands will die from Suicide" came from when stated today?
I cant find anything.

#2664 4 years ago

It was during his fox news town hall. Apparently he is already backing off on the Easter timeline. Someone put a little bit of sense into him.

#2665 4 years ago

Was the actual Easter Bunny involved in any of these fantasy ideas?

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

It was during his fox news town hall. Apparently he is already backing off on the Easter timeline. Someone put a little bit of sense into him.

Got the town hall, cant find a source for that conclusion....Thin Air?

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It was during a press briefing yesterday I believe. I was watching it when he said it. So yes it happened.

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Lol, oh you mean his rational for saying that? Now your asking me to get in that huge head, and I'm not going there!

#2669 4 years ago

If we can flatten the curve, there is some good news that gets overlooked. The death rate from the disease is going down in our country. Hopefully and praying with advanced screenings, and social distancing our numbers will go even further down. Right now we are 1.23% down from last week when we were at 1.68%.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rates-by-country-based-on-case-fatality-ratio-2020-3

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Has anyone heard from any source where the statement, "Thousands will die from Suicide" came from when stated today?

Like jumping out of buildings when the market crashed in '29?

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have a feeling many countries including the US will be reconsidering the extent and depth of manufacturing and business relationships with China after this fiasco is over. Not worth the risk but something about 1.4 billion people makes it hard for some companies to resist.
The reality is a cold war between the two countries had already started before this situation. I think this will really accelerate a deeper freeze after it's over.
Our two countries outside of business ties created by US companies have little in common politically or philosophically and a decoupling I think is inevitable.

I kinda doubt it. Americans want the cheapest products possible, which unfortunately means not manufacturing them here. Eventually some nation will replace China as the premier cheap place to make stuff, but we're not there yet.

Quoted from Coindork:

So are the sky’s in California looking cleaner as a result of this?

Yup:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/19/coronavirus-ends-las-notorious-smog-air-pollution-people-stay-home-avoid-roads-12424002/

With all the gas burning cars off the road it's improved everywhere including China, Italy, New York, basically wherever there is a lockdown. Side note, hopefully this will signal the feds to leave us the hell alone when we want to set our own emissions, mpg and electric car regulations.

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

With all the gas burning cars off the road

Can't get their smog check, can't get their registration, can't drive.

It also helps getting the electric cars off the road.
Less pollution from the factories, and less from the places that generate power.

#2673 4 years ago

The Venice canals being crystal clear for the first time in literal ages is amazing too. People are discovering things they never knew could live in there

That's the one hope I cling to in all of this: all the climate deniers who never knew anything but this fucked up world we created might realize "huh, them treehugging scientists might know what they're talking about after all." And it's been argued that the kind of radical societal shifts needed to save our planet were unthinkably impossible... but well, our hand is kinda being forced into a dry panic run of sorts now isn't it...

#2674 4 years ago

I have to say the mods are doing a great job marking the key posts. There is a lot of useful information there.

#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can't get their smog check, can't get their registration, can't drive.

I just heard they’re converting emission check facilities here to drive thru Covid testing for first responders, healthcare workers and heavy symptoms cases, pretty good plan, as they are pretty well set up for such a thing.

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I cant find anything.

No the suicide numbers aren't going to be that high, but there is a real number of people that die because of poverty. This article says 4.5% of US deaths. I personally think that number is too high, but it is the number in this article.

https://www.mailman.columbia.edu/public-health-now/news/how-many-us-deaths-are-caused-poverty-lack-education-and-other-social-factors

(I"m not supporting going back by Easter)

#2678 4 years ago

Hey guys, quarantine going great thus far.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Sitting in a room and quietly listening to both sides of Aqualung with nothing in our hands and a smile on our faces.

I'll see your Aqualung and raise you one Supper's Ready!

#2680 4 years ago

Acquiring medical supplies has become an auction:

https://www.axios.com/illinois-gov-states-competing-medical-supplies-822678c5-4301-4c4c-a5a5-887da539b63f.html

Basically thanks to federal inaction, states are now getting into bidding wars on medical supplies. It's a worldwide embarrassment at best, and totally insane at worst. I feel bad for the smaller states that don't have the financial clout of the large states in this medical auction free for all.

#2681 4 years ago

More idiots.
"Man says he has coronavirus as he coughs at, mocks elderly shopper wearing mask and gloves: police"
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/03/man-accused-of-deliberately-coughing-telling-elderly-man-in-face-mask-he-has-coronavirus-at-cumberland-county-grocery-store.html

#2682 4 years ago

There’s no shortage of those in the world.

#2683 4 years ago

Well it is just weird.
I am having a group email that is including, Australia, England, Germany, and 3 different US States,
Australia and England mentioned Suicide increases, England doesnt recall, Australia is an officer stating experience. Then Trump stated same today.

I find it uncanny.

#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well it is just weird.
I am having a group email that is including, Australia, England, Germany, and 3 different US States,
Australia and England mentioned Suicide increases, England doesnt recall, Australia is an officer stating experience. Then Trump stated same today.
I find it uncanny.

There was a lot of suicides before this all started, We’d have to see concrete numbers before any conclusions could be made.

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well it is just weird.
I find it uncanny.

He was referencing '29 like o-din said. Your email might be people feeling hopeless, sick, paranoid.. Could be a lot of things.

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I just heard they’re converting emission check facilities here to drive thru Covid testing for first responders, healthcare workers and heavy symptoms cases, pretty good plan, as they are pretty well set up for such a thin

My boss once mentioned installing 502 breathalyzers as a side gig, but this is the first I am hearing of this.

Hope they get some competent technicians.

#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

He was referencing '29 like o-din said.

I was referring to '29, like when people lost a lot of money in the stock market overnight.

#2690 4 years ago

Sorry about the huge url

#2691 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My boss once mentioned installing 502 breathalyzers as a side gig

I’m sure he had you in mind as a business partner!

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’m sure he had you in mind as a business partner!

Until he met some of the customers that actually already had one.

#2693 4 years ago

You think we have problems. We joke about Mexico shutting down our southern border. This should curl your hair. Mexico's President is way out there. Makes me feel blessed.

#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is a paywall
https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-and-its-737-max-jets-have-a-china-problem-11554904340
[quoted image]
China was the first to ground its 737 MAX fleet. The U.S. was dead last.
https://qz.com/1569865/china-grounds-737-max-8-after-ethiopian-airlines-et-302-crash/
This link suggests that China owns 96 of the 737 MAXs. Our government is fixing to feed Boeing at lot of our tax dollars. The Prez. desperately wants Boeing back in the air. Anyone who thinks China does not have a big bargaining chip to hit him over the head with has another think coming.
=======================================================
The NYT is behind a paywall but you can register and get in.
This is copy and paste. There is more at the link.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/business/canada-737-max.html
And the U.S. was dead last to ground the 737 MAX fleet. Trump made the call but only after Canada grounded its fleet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm more interested in more info on this:

6percent (resized).PNG6percent (resized).PNG
#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You think we have problems. We joke about Mexico shutting down our southern border. This should curl your hair. Mexico's President is way out there. Makes me feel blessed.

3txu66 (resized).jpg3txu66 (resized).jpg
#2696 4 years ago

If someone dies over it, he should go to jail.

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If someone dies over it, he should go to jail.

I wonder what the Chinese would do....

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well this is really worrisome, it tells me that won't be out of danger till we have a vaccine...too much stupidity abound.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I wonder what the Chinese would do....

Probably get him elected in the US.

#2700 4 years ago

Yikes, Atlanta could be the next NYC soon:

E5490104-B8CA-4DD2-B9A0-ED7547447CAA (resized).jpegE5490104-B8CA-4DD2-B9A0-ED7547447CAA (resized).jpeg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/54?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.