272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 542 of 576.
#27050 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

I should clear up a stance that some people seem to not understand.
1. A very small percentage of people are truly anti Vax.
2. Please be aware that being anti covid Vax does not mean you are a covid denier.
3. Yes people have the right to consult with their physician on these types of matters.
4. Some of these Vaccines carry a heart risk in men, don't give me its rare "beep"
5. Despite what's going on Covid is here to stay and getting to zero cases is a fantasy.
6. Measuring a fatality of a virus should not be done by case but death count.
7. Having a heart attack does not count as a covid death.
8. Before you spill "its safe" Remember that the school vaccine list has refined vaccines not, it's just came out vaccines.
9. Masking will eventually lead to a giant super cold because our immune system has not had the ability to properly aclimate to the other viruses.
10. We will need to have natrual immunity sometime in the future starting now unless we want to get off the vaccine and mask mandate.
11. Ivermectin is not a horse dewormer.
12. Masking is becoming just a fashion statement.
I should repeat here, being anti covid Vax and mask mandate boes not render someone a covid denier.
We shouldn't be dealing with young people right now, younger people have more robust immune system, vaxing these people I think is pointless.

This is like a Joe Rogan Covid Myths Greatest Hits album.

#27051 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

2. Please be aware that being anti covid Vax does not mean you are a covid denier.
3. Yes people have the right to consult with their physician on these types of matters.
4. Some of these Vaccines carry a heart risk in men, don't give me its rare "beep"
5. Despite what's going on Covid is here to stay and getting to zero cases is a fantasy.
6. Measuring a fatality of a virus should not be done by case but death count.
8. Before you spill "its safe" Remember that the school vaccine list has refined vaccines not, it's just came out vaccines.
9. Masking will eventually lead to a giant super cold because our immune system has not had the ability to properly aclimate to the other viruses.
10. We will need to have natrual immunity sometime in the future starting now unless we want to get off the vaccine and mask mandate.
11. Ivermectin is not a horse dewormer.
I should repeat here, being anti covid Vax and mask mandate boes not render someone a covid denier.
We shouldn't be dealing with young people right now, younger people have more robust immune system, vaxing these people I think is pointless.

1. Ok
2. Oh really?
3. Definitely!
4. Which is more likely? Adverse vaccine reaction or significant health issues from getting COVID? This is a simple math problem.
5. Got any evidence to back this claim up?
6. That's already how it is done?
7. Sure. Having myocarditis after a vaccine shouldn't be called a vaccine reaction. See how stupid this sounds?
8. Tell me you've done 0 research on other vaccine rollouts without saying exactly that. Maybe see how we handled Polio and the polio vaccine when it came out?
9. LMAO
10. Nobody knows what you're saying but it's provocative.
11. What exactly would you say it does then?
12. Not-masking seems far more fashionable to me in most parts of the country. In most states folks are far more likely to get judged for wearing a mask than not, dunno why anti-maskers are so hard up on being the victims about it.

#27052 2 years ago

I got my Pfizer booster yesterday. No side effects other than the typical minor soreness at the injection area of the arm.

#27053 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

43% of the adults in my state haven’t even gotten their first shot. That’s a pretty large percentage, if you ask me.

Quoted from Bmad21:

Nobody here disagrees with this.

Quoted from Bmad21:

It think it should, if you’re hooked up to a ventilator due to COVID-19.

Quoted from Bmad21:

There’s no physical difference between “natural immunity” and the immunity conferred by a vaccine, except that the vaccine is much more effective.

#27055 2 years ago

Update My brother is still in bad shape cant breathe and hallucinating.His wife and kids have decided to get the vax now that it hit home.My nephew came home from school recently to isolate because a classmate got the virus,this is where they think my Brother got the covid.Thanks for all the kind words and support.Be careful and stay safe as possible.

#27056 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

More Than 10,000 Australians Want Compensation for Vaccine Side Effects
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-16/australia-faces-compensation-bill-for-vaccine-side-effects-smh
So roughly 1/2500 have lasting side effects? Damn if that’s what you call “safe and effective” you guys would love to try my new skydiving tornado surfing sport I’m working on. It’s safe!

This is the same vein as taking raw VAERS data as proof of vaccine side effects. These are people who registered. There are no restrictions on whether you can register and no restriction on what side effect you claim when you register.

If you read the link in the article those registered will then be evaluated to see if they actually had any side effects or not and whether those side effects warrant any compensation.

Get back to us when you see how many people actually are found to have a severe side effect and qualify to get any money under this program.

#27057 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

These 3 I found particularly amusing, along with that you didn't bother spell check your copy pasta.

#27058 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Large long term study of covid and kids has launched. 3 yr time horizon, but hopefully some updates along the way.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/long-term-study-children-covid-19-begins

I've been participating in a massive Covid study at the University of Washington since Summer. We do daily check ins, they do Covid testing if you come in contact with someone that's infected, they do contact tracing, etc. It started before the vaccine came out in the early days of the virus, so they are building up a massive amount of data about infection rates and how it's spread both pre-vax and post-vax. I sometimes get a little annoyed about the daily reminders to do the short checking quiz, but I am huge on supporting the project and helping my community learn how to fight the virus and prevent viruses in general from spreading.

#27059 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Could that be partly due to the current weather differences? Right now it’s 34 in Minneapolis, 72 in Orlando.

That’s a possibility. Vaccination immunity waning certainly doesn’t help.

No required mitigation is a problem. Last time we were at these levels it took drastic actions (basically closing everything) to stop it. Due to vaccines, we had some wiggle room so we didn’t have to go that far. But we have done nothing. Nothing doesn’t cut it. Gotta do more than that.

This also isn’t helping. Look at all that prime real estate for the virus to just smolder until it had the opportunity to flare up bigly.

19B65897-6074-498F-A448-3452EE5522A8.png19B65897-6074-498F-A448-3452EE5522A8.png
#27061 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Can someone explain why we should be afraid of a potential super cold from masking, but COVID is not an issue?

#27062 2 years ago

@swapfire

Addressing your points in order.

1. You are looking a just numbers, is their a reason, is that reason based on religious or a medical
2. If we both agree then no issue their.
3. "BEEP BEEP" wrong, a cursory bing search yields no correlation on being a ventilator. pre heart attack yes but no on ventilator, however a link was found that if a patient was on a ventilator while fighting covid then their was increased risk of death.
4.OK so if it more effective then why do we need booster shots if the whole vaccine was supposed to save us, then why are booster shots needed?

Doesn't natural immunity conferre uptodate vaccine.

We went from 1 shot now to 4, 4 that tells me vaccines don't work as the save all that "trust the science crowd" espouses.

When will the booster shot count terminate? 47, rest of our life?

Yet the vaccinted people who banged the drum the loudest on getting the vaccine and poo pooing the idea that non vaccinated people aren't "Safe" yet end up taking time off from dealing with covid or it's complications.

The US and other European countries have had already Co morbidity that exacerbated the issue.

But the government already punted on trying to get people to eat healthy why, you can't bruacracy your way to health.

I grew up having the food pyramid shoved down our throats. But yet surprised it didn't work, why, you can't bruacracy your way to health.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-pyramid/

We are going to face the fact that a sky high percentage of men, women and children are going to get covid 19, no way around it.

Some won't some will.

"If it saves one life" is a fallacy and its been used over and over to deprive people.

#27063 2 years ago

To the thread at large.

What are you going to say to the autistic non verbal child who had their mask taped to their head.

What are you going to say to the scores of people who lost loved ones whom committed suicide because of the lockdowns who didn't get to see a loved one or interact with others.
Who already had struggles and it pushed them over.

What about the untold domestic abuse that went on during the lockdown because someone was confined.

What do you say to them.

What makes a concert different than a Sturgis rally you should mask up at the rally but what at a concert does the virus go away.

If this was so urgent then why do mandates take affect after three days at 10 or 12 pm, is the virus only deadly after midnight (sush don't feed it after midnight).

A pinball machine alone can only do so much, but does it get lonely playing alone? what about laughing, the scores, competition and sisterhood and brotherhood.

People are social human beings, the internet doesn't really replace that intimacy or connection with another Human being.

A twitch stream doesn't fill a Human desire for connection really.

We either follow the real science or we screw this up big time and the person who leading the charge right now failed on the AIDS epidemic. I'll take my trust somewhere else.

#27065 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Can someone explain why we should be afraid of a potential super cold from masking, but COVID is not an issue?

Why not kill two birds with one stone?
Manage covid and keep ourselves safe from the super cold with a robust immune system.
Will you be going to the doctor for antibodies while it's plowing through the "Following the science crowd"

#27066 2 years ago

I am just posting this for the others here that went with the J&J.

The first one 6 months ago was like a allergy shot for me, I never knew I had even had a shot.

The first one 6 months ago my girlfriend had, she had a weird rash around the injection site that bothered her and she went back to make sure everything was ok, and it was.

The J&J booster shot for me last week: well 6 hours later I had severe chills that lasted 4 hours, and severe aches and pains mainly in my elbows for whatever crazy reason that lasted 18 hours.

My girlfriend had her J&J booster yesterday, and she went ahead and took Tylenol, so she did not have any chills, but 12 hours later she did get the severe aches and pains, that have also lasted 18 hours like mine also.

I wonder if they changed the formula or something?

Anyway, one day of feeling very bad is a whole lot better than ending up in the hospital on a ventilator.

And for whatever reason some here are downvote happy, well I want to say that I went with J&J because I am allergic to some of the stuff that the other companies were using.

(and now I think the J&J formula changed, because I felt like I was having some minor shellfish reactions to it now).

(just a heads up to plan on taking it easy for 24 hours after the booster).

But for sure, go get that booster!

#27067 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

OK so if it more effective then why do we need booster shots if the whole vaccine was supposed to save us, then why are booster shots needed? […] We went from 1 shot now to 4, 4 that tells me vaccines don't work

“One and done forever” is not the way most vaccines work. And if I have to get a shot every 3 months to stay out of the hospital and avoid death, sign me up.

The best metaphor I can come up with for your argument is “I have to wear a seatbelt every time I drive, so seatbelts don’t work”.

Quoted from Bmad21:

A pinball machine alone can only do so much, but does it get lonely playing alone? what about laughing, the scores, competition and sisterhood and brotherhood.

I’m in 3 different pinball leagues. 2 of them restarted a few months ago (with the requirement that everyone has to be vaccinated). We lost a few people, but I’m playing more competitive pinball now than ever.

#27069 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Why not kill two birds with one stone?
Manage covid and keep ourselves safe from the super cold with a robust immune system.
Will you be going to the doctor for antibodies while it's plowing through the "Following the science crowd"

I'm going to be 100% honest with you, I have no idea what solution you're proposing here or what you're on about.

#27070 2 years ago

Bmad21, with all due respect it's pretty clear from your statements you really don't have much of a medical education. There are so many false, misleading and simply uneducated opinions in there it's really head spinning. I'll try to address the biggest ones:

1. The risk of myocarditis with vaccines is there but is small and limited really to men between the ages of 20-50.
2. Fatality rates of any disease are based on case counts. That's the definition of a fatality rate. If you want to compare deaths to some other population metric you can, but it isn't a fatality rate anymore.
3. Having a heart attack can absolutely be a COVID death. There are all sorts of reasons why someone might finally actually die with COVID. Things like heart attacks, blood clots in the lungs, strokes, kidney failure, etc are all possible reasons why someone might finally die with COVID. Severe COVID is an extreme stressor on the body and that physiological stress can result in multiple outcomes including heart attacks.
4. I don't understand your point #8, it doesn't make sense at all just reading it.
5. Masking will not lead to a "giant super cold". That's not how your immune system works. Period.
6. Yes, we will eventually need to get a large number of people with some level of immunity to COVID. That's the whole point of vaccination.
7. Ivermectin is a horse dewormer. You can buy it at veterinary supply stores as a horse dewormer. I'm sorry if that offends you. Now, in humans it is used as an anti-parasitic. There is not currently any good data that shows it has beneficial effects in COVID.
8. Your opinion on masking being a fashion statement is your own, I don't consider wearing a paper mask a fashion statement. Now, if I had a rhinestone studded mask...maybe.
9. There are not 4 vaccine shots recommended. Two of the vaccines have three total recommended for specific groups at higher risk. For those not in the higher risk groups it is still two shots.
10. Yes, a large amount of people will eventually get exposed to COVID and contract it. If those people are vaccinated their chances of dying or ending up in the hospital on a ventilator are significantly less. That's the whole point.
11. To those who have had adverse events from lockdowns I think that is a sad thing. It's a more sad thing for all those who have loved ones 6 feet under due to the ignorance and selfishness of others.
12. You seem to think the way to a robust immune system is to expose yourself to multiple pathogens. Again, that's not how the immune system works.

#27071 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

To the thread at large.
What are you going to say to the autistic non verbal child who had their mask taped to their head.

Nothing, do you go around talking to other people's children?

Quoted from Bmad21:

What are you going to say to the scores of people who lost loved ones whom committed suicide because of the lockdowns who didn't get to see a loved one or interact with others.

Look up the definition of scores. I'm not going to play the trolley problem with you though. We can do a lot more for mental health, including funding resources, removing barriers to treatment, and remove the stigma to talking about mental health issues. Let's work together on this.

Quoted from Bmad21:

What about the untold domestic abuse that went on during the lockdown because someone was confined.

Because someone was confined? Are you for real? Maybe they're just abusive.

Quoted from Bmad21:

What makes a concert different than a Sturgis rally you should mask up at the rally but what at a concert does the virus go away.

Yes, mask at both please.

Quoted from Bmad21:

We have location pinball here, what about where you're at? Not too many people masking here though.

Quoted from Bmad21:

We either follow the real science or we screw this up big time and the person who leading the charge right now failed on the AIDS epidemic. I'll take my trust somewhere else.

Agreed, we could do much, much more to reduce the spread.

#27072 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Update My brother is still in bad shape cant breathe and hallucinating.His wife and kids have decided to get the vax now that it hit home.My nephew came home from school recently to isolate because a classmate got the virus,this is where they think my Brother got the covid.Thanks for all the kind words and support.Be careful and stay safe as possible.

I am sorry it is your brother and you are having to deal with this. I don't wish ill on anybody, but yet, at the same time, he is just another face in the crowd and I am tired of this anti-vax stuff and I have to shamefully admit that my attitude is "good enough for him".

And it seems to be the same for everybody. No one wants to get vaxxed until a family member runs out of luck.

The only reason my 60 year old obese nephew got the jab was that a 70 year old friend of his got Covid. It takes that kind of happening for some to see the light.

Again, sorry you are having to deal with this.

#27073 2 years ago

Vaccines work, period. Perfect? No, but incredibly effective.

I don't know why Ivermectin became a miracle cure among some groups, but the studies with the most positive claims have been withdrawn. If it does have any positive effect, it is a small one. If it really prevented 90% of infections a study to prove that would be simple. On the other hand, I can find data everywhere in hospitalization and death reports that a very large percentage of severe COVID-19 cases and deaths are non-vaccinated.

Here is one of the best reports on the Ivermectin studies that I've found.
"Ivermectin: How false science created a Covid 'miracle' drug" https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809

#27074 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

To the thread at large.
Who already had struggles and it pushed them over.
What do you say to them.
If this was so urgent then why do mandates take affect after three days at 10 or 12 pm, is the virus only deadly after midnight (sush don't feed it after midnight).
People are social human beings, the internet doesn't really replace that intimacy or connection with another Human being.
A twitch stream doesn't fill a Human desire for connection really.

What are you going to say to all of the people who died from Covid because of other peoples failure to follow simple hygiene rules?
What are you going to say to all of the people who died from Covid because of other peoples failure to isolate?
What are you going to say to all of the people who died from Covid because of other peoples failure to get vaccinated?

Absolutely nothing because they're dead.

#27075 2 years ago

Reading all of the comments regarding this state is worse than that state, my state did this, etc. etc.

I think the USA needs to be renamed SA.

But to comment on Florida specifically - the fact that it is significantly warmer than the majority of other states, means that people spend more time outside thus less likely to spread Covid - I would expect Florida to fair much better over the winter than other more Northerly states

#27076 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

“failed”??

1BF1DE7E-4A68-497B-84DC-D2ABAE471DC8 (resized).jpeg1BF1DE7E-4A68-497B-84DC-D2ABAE471DC8 (resized).jpeg

#27077 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I don't know why Ivermectin became a miracle cure among some groups

I have been watching some youtube videos of the evangelical preachers in action. First, they should have their tax exempt status revoked; The politicization and polarization from the pulpit needs to be checked.

2nd, IMO , some of them are "practicing" medicine from behind the pulpit. And some of them have moved to tents as they are getting quite a following. I expect to see the Holy Rollers start showing up any day now.

And I have probably said too much.

#27078 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I would expect Florida to fair much better over the winter than other more Northerly states

I'm sure Florida's governor will jump up and take the credit.

#27079 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am sorry it is your brother and you are having to deal with this. I don't wish ill on anybody, but yet, at the same time, he is just another face in the crowd and I am tired of this anti-vax stuff and I have to shamefully admit that my attitude is "good enough for him".
And it seems to be the same for everybody. No one wants to get vaxxed until a family member runs out of luck.
The only reason my 60 year old obese nephew got the jab was that a 70 year old friend of his got Covid. It takes that kind of happening for some to see the light.
Again, sorry you are having to deal with this.

I had to bite my tongue talking to him and his family.I remained supportive but wanted to say I told you so dumb ass

#27080 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

“failed”??
[quoted image]

Yeah, not that it really matters, but if we are going for hiv failures…I put this dude front and center.

By the way, he stayed true to form and was pretty much an abject failure during the covid crisis as well.

(FYI it’s Robert Redfield)

0119426E-160C-469C-8FB8-7DF09D669A26.jpeg0119426E-160C-469C-8FB8-7DF09D669A26.jpeg

#27081 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Yeah, not that it really matters, but if we are going for hiv failures…I put this dude front and center.
By the way, he stayed true to form and was pretty much an abject failure during the covid crisis as well.
(FYI it’s Robert Redfield)
[quoted image]

The good thing about AIDs/HIV today is that it can be treated now to the point its undetectable in someone's system with just 1 pill. Not long ago it was a miserable death sentence.

#27082 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Did you even read the article you posted?

Yep. Did you?

"More than 10,000 people have registered for a government program to be compensated for lost income after being hospitalized for rare but significant side effects from the jab, the paper reported, citing official data."

What is your point?

#27083 2 years ago

Did ya read the part where anyone and everyone could submit claims for any reason? Those 10,000 haven’t been vetted yet mate.

#27084 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am just posting this for the others here that went with the J&J.
The first one 6 months ago was like a allergy shot for me, I never knew I had even had a shot.
The first one 6 months ago my girlfriend had, she had a weird rash around the injection site that bothered her and she went back to make sure everything was ok, and it was.
The J&J booster shot for me last week: well 6 hours later I had severe chills that lasted 4 hours, and severe aches and pains mainly in my elbows for whatever crazy reason that lasted 18 hours.
My girlfriend had her J&J booster yesterday, and she went ahead and took Tylenol, so she did not have any chills, but 12 hours later she did get the severe aches and pains, that have also lasted 18 hours like mine also.
I wonder if they changed the formula or something?
Anyway, one day of feeling very bad is a whole lot better than ending up in the hospital on a ventilator.
And for whatever reason some here are downvote happy, well I want to say that I went with J&J because I am allergic to some of the stuff that the other companies were using.
(and now I think the J&J formula changed, because I felt like I was having some minor shellfish reactions to it now).
(just a heads up to plan on taking it easy for 24 hours after the booster).
But for sure, go get that booster!

It seems like the after affects from the shots differ for different people and from the first and second shot.

For me:
First shot, hurt like Hell going in, but pain went away after a few minutes. Felt fine for the rest of the day, but 18 Hours later woke up with chills, aches and a fever of 101.5. most of those symptoms went away after a few hours except for the fever that lasted most of the day.

Booster shot, Barley hurt going in, little injection site pain, felt a little icky for a few hours. But 18 hours later had aches an some chills and a headache (but not a real bad one) and no fever. Those symptoms also went away after several hours.

As far as the pain at the injection site, it may have to do with how or who administered the shot for the most part. Face it, sometimes you get a shot and you barley feel it, sometimes it hurts (same goes for when you get blood drawn).
Sometimes certain shots (like the Shingles shot) hurt more than other shots do.

#27085 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Reading all of the comments regarding this state is worse than that state, my state did this, etc. etc.
I think the USA needs to be renamed SA.
But to comment on Florida specifically - the fact that it is significantly warmer than the majority of other states, means that people spend more time outside thus less likely to spread Covid - I would expect Florida to fair much better over the winter than other more Northerly states

The problem is, there are lots of people that travel from other states in the winter and may bring the virus with them or take it back home with them.

#27086 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yep. Did you?
"More than 10,000 people have registered for a government program to be compensated for lost income after being hospitalized for rare but significant side effects from the jab, the paper reported, citing official data."
What is your point?

"The most frequent reported side effects include a sore arm, headache, fever and chills." These are normal reactions to almost all vaccines not rare or significant or a travesty. This is probably going to get thrown out of court.

#27087 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yep. Did you?
What is your point?

I wonder how many actually lost income from rare side effects vs. how many are trying to get free money.

#27088 2 years ago

Here we sit again in the board room.
OK team...origin...dead silence.
Isn't that a big problem? We still don't know?
Re infection is happening and the devil adapts.
I'm very freaked out.

#27089 2 years ago

It really is time to stop picking on Florida. At 60%, they’re slightly ahead of the national average for fully vaccinated people, while 10 other states haven’t even cracked 50% yet. Since vaccinations are the first line of defense, I’d say it’s time to worry about states like AL/MS/ND/GA. I know that outside of downtown Atlanta, there’s almost no mitigation here.

Now, FL is probably doing better because it’s full of old people who want to get even older. But you can’t deny that they’re doing better.

#27090 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It really is time to stop picking on Florida. At 60%, they’re slightly ahead of the national average for fully vaccinated people, while 10 other states haven’t even cracked 50% yet. Since vaccinations are the first line of defense, I’d say it’s time to worry about states like AL/MS/ND/GA. I know that outside of downtown Atlanta, there’s almost no mitigation here.
Now, FL is probably doing better because it’s full of old people who want to get even older. But you can’t deny that they’re doing better.

I'm not done with Florida. I think they should fire Dan Mullen.

#27091 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wonder how many actually lost income from rare side effects vs. how many are trying to get free money.

If even half are total bunk that still puts the vaccine at roughly 1/5000 causing some type of injury and that's if half is bunk. If I'm a betting man sure I'd bet a $100 on those odds. No way I'm putting my Health on them odds.

I personally only know two people myself that were injured out of a lot of vaccinated friends and family but one was absolutely a significant injury but has since resolved so it's not unheard of by any means.

#27092 2 years ago

I can’t find any reports of covid spread from the NYC Marathon.

#27093 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you find any events that spread Covid? From the sound of it, it is impossible to catch Covid when you gather with more than 1000 people.

So outside of 3 events (Paparazzi, Biogen, White House), have you heard of a single event that spread Covid? Sports? Movies? Restaurants? It’s like it doesn’t exist… except for the dead people.

#27094 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I am outraged.

#27095 2 years ago

Could have sworn we had this “if even half are true” debate during the VAERs debacle.

I vote we let the experts sort it out.

If I am forced to go to conjecture, I’m going to go with none. None are true. Just as ridiculous to me as assuming at least half are true.

Seriously though, I suspect the true number is much closer to zero than it is to 10,000.

#27096 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

If even half are total bunk that still puts the vaccine at roughly 1/5000 causing some type of injury and that's if half is bunk. If I'm a betting man sure I'd bet a $100 on those odds. No way I'm putting my Health on them odds.
I personally only know two people myself that were injured out of a lot of vaccinated friends and family but one was absolutely a significant injury but has since resolved so it's not unheard of by any means.

Why do you think only half are total bunk? I'd put it closer to 99.5% are total bunk. I bet it's mostly anti-vaxxers that haven't even been vaccinated trying to drum up free money and desperately trying to create the illusion that the vaccine is more harmful than it statistically has been.

I personally know hundreds of people that have gotten the vaccine, including all my friends and co-workers kids, none have been injured by it. On the other hand, I have a friend that died from Covid and one of my staff at work has long term Covid. The statistics show if you want to live and not have long term health effects, you should get the vaccine. Covid kills, the vaccines save lives.

#27097 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’ll take that bet. $100 to you if 5000 of those people actually get money under that program. $100 to me if not.

Bet?

#27099 2 years ago

There are several articles about why VT and the northeast new case numbers are currently up. The summary is that the delta variant was slow to take hold there and they are currently in their delta surge which came later since there is a higher percentage of vaccinated population so it was slow to spread there.

FL and southeast cases are down currently because delta already went through over the summer in a giant surge then. Will have to wait and see how the holidays go.

https://globalepidemics.org/key-metrics-for-covid-suppression/

path to zero 2021-11-18 (resized).jpgpath to zero 2021-11-18 (resized).jpg

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 542 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/542?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.