272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 532 of 576.
#26550 2 years ago

Florida:

I wouldn’t classify shifting to a weekly covid report out as providing timely data. Certainly not when you later find yourself in the midst of a covid surge.

The granularity of the data on a day to day basis is significantly less than what other states are doing.

Again, the data isn’t false. However, it certainly is not timely. A regimented report out schedule regardless of the situation is not as helpful as a dynamic approach.

That has been my chief complaint. Limiting access to the data (who gets it, when, and how much) significantly more than other states. Covid can flare up FAST in a community. Timely data with high granularity is key.

I am not expecting a report out morning noon and night, but come on, they could have done better.

And once again, my complaints have not one bit to do about the whistleblower. Find someone else to quote to debate the quality of her arguments. It ain’t me.

#26552 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I’m glad to see Expo is more civil and using common sense with their rules than MGC’s 12-years and up need to be vaccinated or tested before entering.

I can see why you might like the policy better, but I don't see how it is more civil or common sense.

#26553 2 years ago

What exactly are the rules regarding mask wearing at Expo?

"Dammit I'm taking off my mask - I', seeing a lot of people not wearing one. I just didn't want to be the only one"

"Think I'm starting to get some dirty looks from people if I'm not wearing my mask - I'm from Texas"

"That's what I need to do, I just need to have a drink in my hand at all times, that way I can have my mask down, as I'm drinking."

If the rules are you must be wearing a mask - wear a f@#$ing mask instead of thinking how clever you are for not wearing one.

#26554 2 years ago

Citigroup is getting serious. No pussy footing around here.

" Citigroup to US staff: Get vaccinated, or you're fired'

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/28/investing/citigroup-vaccine-mandate/index.html

" The other factor behind the vaccine mandate at Citi is a desire to protect its employees.

"Having a vaccinated workforce enables us to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues as we return to the office in the US," Wechter, the HR executive, wrote in the LinkedIn post.

#26555 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Most of these things are governed by the state's rules, rather than the people putting on the festival.
Personally, I think vaccination requirements for large indoor events during a global pandemic are civil and common sense while infection rates are still high and 1,500 Americans are still dying from the virus every day. After having one of my staff show up to work with symptoms, not tell anyone, and test positive for Covid the next day, I don't trust that the average person would do the right thing and stay home with symptoms after buying an expensive ticket, hotel room, and travelling to a festival.

If Dan was truly concerned about everyone’s health and safety for MGC, then he should require that everyone (vaxed-unvaxed) bring a negative test, not just the unvaxed. I caught COVID from my vaccinated wife. After arguing with her for three days to get tested when she first showed symptoms of being sick, she finally got tested on day four (and tested positive) when I had to take her to the hospital. Her attitude the first three days was I’m vaccinated so I can’t have COVID and don’t need a test. This is the consensus I receive from many vaccinated people. They seem to think that since they are vaccinated, that they can not catch or spread Covid.

Let’s follow the science…
Vaccinated people can catch Covid.
Vaccinated people can get sick from Covid.
Vaccinated people can and will spread Covid just as easily as a non-vaccinated person.

So considering the above, MGC is not protecting anybody with their policy. If anything, they are creating an unsafe environment for the non-vaccinated, since there will most likely be, many vaccinated people infected with COVID spreading it to others, because they weren’t required to show a negative test.

I see EXPO taking more of an adult approach to this. People have to be responsible for themselves and others. What EXPO is stating in their policy is, vaccinated or not, if you are sick or show signs of being sick, be responsible and do not attend the show. It’s as simple as that.

#26556 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Interesting article in The Lancet today about Fluvoxamine and COVID. Around 1500 patients in the study, showed improvement in hospitalization rates with those given fluvoxamine vs placebo. Might be another drug in the arsenal.

I'm curious about the findings on this too. It sounds like it may be a great aid in treating persons that have been infected.
I just hope that people run out and try to get this medication and start self medicate thinking it is "better than being vaccinated".

#26557 2 years ago

There is a campaign of sorts going on to recast the Florida Covid response - anti-masking mandates, everything wide open, etc as somehow being superior to other states, and people are falling for it.

Here is a great article summing things up and showing that Florida had the absolute worst bout of Delta of all the states: https://thewhyaxis.substack.com/p/floridas-delta-disaster

8BC28B1C-9371-426F-B8DB-BDEE15F78A8A (resized).jpeg8BC28B1C-9371-426F-B8DB-BDEE15F78A8A (resized).jpeg

#26558 2 years ago

CDC just released more evidence that previous infection is inferior to being fully vaccinated. Summary in attached graphic.

F1D968D1-DBFD-46A4-BA33-3AD9192A3927.jpegF1D968D1-DBFD-46A4-BA33-3AD9192A3927.jpeg

3D4A90E1-6DB2-45FC-8859-BB2C254C1B61.jpeg3D4A90E1-6DB2-45FC-8859-BB2C254C1B61.jpeg
#26559 2 years ago

I had my booster today at a drive-by clinic run by nurses in a church parking lot, they were doing 100 people every 15 minutes and it ran like clockwork. They said this 3rd Moderna shot is half of the dose of the other two, so I'm not expected to have much of a side effect. But like others have said, my arm sure feels more sore this time. I'm quite happy to be boosted! It's good prep for my first plane flight in almost 2 years.

#26560 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

There is a campaign of sorts going on to recast the Florida Covid response - anti-masking mandates, everything wide open, etc as somehow being superior to other states, and people are falling for it.
Here is a great article summing things up and showing that Florida had the absolute worst bout of Delta of all the states: https://thewhyaxis.substack.com/p/floridas-delta-disaster
[quoted image]

When did Delta take hold in the country? Summer or winter?

Just curious.

#26561 2 years ago

It’s clear by now y’all are right. I got the covid not fun but now.. I don’t have worry about getting the jab. Why do you think thr Red Cross will give a gift card for my blood now? The vaccine is better. Take that blood.
The cure is here! We got this!

#26562 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When did Delta take hold in the country? Summer or winter?
Just curious.

The Delta variant became the dominant strain in America in July. It was already very dominant in smaller sections of the country, but near the beginning of July was when it hit 51% of cases everywhere. It was dominant in the UK earlier (3 or 4 months).

So July was the month we really should have gone from “I’m vaccinated, I don’t care” to “We should be a bit more careful”. Now it is the cusp of November, and I still get dirty looks for wearing a mask. I’ve finally accepted the fact that due to our inactions, we will be in this for a long time.

2927C1CD-5191-4DB4-9055-D955B523ABAB (resized).jpeg2927C1CD-5191-4DB4-9055-D955B523ABAB (resized).jpeg

#26563 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Florida:
I wouldn’t classify shifting to a weekly covid report out as providing timely data. Certainly not when you later find yourself in the midst of a covid surge.
The granularity of the data on a day to day basis is significantly less than what other states are doing.
Again, the data isn’t false. However, it certainly is not timely. A regimented report out schedule regardless of the situation is not as helpful as a dynamic approach.
That has been my chief complaint. Limiting access to the data (who gets it, when, and how much) significantly more than other states. Covid can flare up FAST in a community. Timely data with high granularity is key.
I am not expecting a report out morning noon and night, but come on, they could have done better.
And once again, my complaints have not one bit to do about the whistleblower. Find someone else to quote to debate the quality of her arguments. It ain’t me.

Wouldn't this logic apply to death rates and causes as well? Seems those are backlogged and brought out months later.

#26564 2 years ago

During the pandemic, youtube took advantage of everybody staying home and laid on the commercials big time. I have read where alcohol sales were up.

It also looks like the marijuana industry is enjoying robust sales during the pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/28/business/cannabis-booming-industry-mjbizcon/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

"Cannabis is one industry that's actually coming out of Covid even stronger"

" When members of the cannabis industry descended upon Las Vegas last week for the biggest trade show in the business, there was something stirring in the air. It wasn't the aroma of a freshly lit joint, but rather a sense that everything seems to be coming up roses for the industry.

"Despite a global pandemic, discombobulated supply chains, ballooning inflation and an ongoing fight to legalize marijuana on a federal level, the cannabis industry in America is flourishing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe some of the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers could toke up and chill a little bit

#26565 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

[quoted image]

To add:

And if the argument is delta hit Florida hard because it was hot and didn’t hit the north because it wasn’t….how exactly does that excuse Florida’s management?

It gets hot in Florida every year. It’s predictable. Knowing that, they could have put policies in place to try and mitigate indoor spread. They could have tried to get everyone vaccinated. They didn’t.

I agree weather played a part, but it could have been mitigated. I don’t agree that it was mostly due to weather. For those that do think it’s all due to the weather…explain Idaho…or Wyoming…or Alaska.

Still plenty of time for other states to join the poor management list. It doesn’t have to be an exclusive club, but boy howdy do I hope no one else has to pull a Florida.

#26566 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

[quoted image]

LoL.

Florida is 7th in mortality with one of the highest elderly populations. An average vaccine rollout and ZERO lockdowns or mask mandates. Yes delta blew through and it was rough but compared to states with draconian lockdown measures and vax mandates Florida fared much better and has had none of these mandates for 2 years! https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Truth isn’t some disinformation campaign. Florida is crushing covid by all accounts especially when you account for the amount of international travelers we get etc.

#26567 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

CDC just released more evidence that previous infection is inferior to being fully vaccinated. Summary in attached graphic.
[quoted image]

The same people that said this just 5 short months ago? “ CDC Data Suggests Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus “ https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/cdc-data-suggests-vaccinated-don-t-carry-can-t-spread-virus/ar-BB1f8ofp (<— how many believed this one?.. furthermore how many STILL believe it?)

It’s like they can keep changing the narrative on us Willy nilly and no one questions it when they do… I hate to see what they change next…

#26568 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

If Dan was truly concerned about everyone’s health and safety for MGC, then he should require that everyone (vaxed-unvaxed) bring a negative test, not just the unvaxed. I caught COVID from my vaccinated wife. After arguing with her for three days to get tested when she first showed symptoms of being sick, she finally got tested on day four (and tested positive) when I had to take her to the hospital. Her attitude the first three days was I’m vaccinated so I can’t have COVID and don’t need a test. This is the consensus I receive from many vaccinated people. They seem to think that since they are vaccinated, that they can not catch or spread Covid.
Let’s follow the science…
Vaccinated people can catch Covid.
Vaccinated people can get sick from Covid.
Vaccinated people can and will spread Covid just as easily as a non-vaccinated person.
So considering the above, MGC is not protecting anybody with their policy. If anything, they are creating an unsafe environment for the non-vaccinated, since there will most likely be, many vaccinated people infected with COVID spreading it to others, because they weren’t required to show a negative test.
I see EXPO taking more of an adult approach to this. People have to be responsible for themselves and others. What EXPO is stating in their policy is, vaccinated or not, if you are sick or show signs of being sick, be responsible and do not attend the show. It’s as simple as that.

Alright, I get where you're coming from. Honestly I think it's kind of insane not to have masking for everyone in these situations - but from what I heard from Dan, they couldn't require it because event staff refused to enforce it unless it was in place by law.

#26569 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

LoL.
Florida is 7th in mortality with one of the highest elderly populations. An average vaccine rollout and ZERO lockdowns or mask mandates. Yes delta blew through and it was rough but compared to states with draconian lockdown measures and vax mandates Florida fared much better and has had none of these mandates for 2 years! https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/
Truth isn’t some disinformation campaign. Florida is crushing covid by all accounts especially when you account for the amount of international travelers we get etc.

The chart I posted shows Florida as #1 in Covid deaths from August 1 forward. This even as Florida began changing the way deaths were recorded beginning in August. The change pulled deaths backwards in time - pulling some death data that would have been counted in August under the previous method back into July.

There were no states with “draconian” statewide lockdown measures in 2021. There were states that emphasized or mandated masking, vaccinations and other lower impact measures in some situations to slow the spread of Delta. There may have been some isolated areas where hospital systems were having trouble keeping up where some temporary restrictions were put in place.

7th in mortality overall (from start of pandemic to present) is not exactly bragging rights. It means you were worse than 43 other states.

Florida also stopped counting non-residents (snowbirds, visitors, seasonal residents with state residence elsewhere) who died in Florida from Covid as of June 4 - so presumably the absolute dismal Delta wave Covid deaths mentioned in my previous post are probably worse. Source for the non-resident counting change info: https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/08/21/florida-adds-150118-coronavirus-cases-1486-deaths-in-past-week/?outputType=amp

#26570 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

LoL.

Name a state with draconian lockdown measures please.

No US states have done anything of the sort.

In the original outbreak folks in Wutan were not allowed to leave their apartment buildings and had food delivered by couriers in hazmat suits.

Australia has had some very strict lockdowns in various states. They've also only had 170,000 cases and 1700 deaths.

Imagine if the US cared about its citizens anywhere close to that much? Instead we lead the world in case number and deaths. And plague rats like you cheer every grisly step of the way.

#26571 2 years ago

“Surely it’s just because Florida has more elderly than everyone else”

Ok, let’s roll the tape:

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-deaths-among-older-adults-during-the-delta-surge-were-higher-in-states-with-lower-vaccination-rates/

727D490F-6DAB-49AC-A177-8CB1B1F367C5 (resized).jpeg727D490F-6DAB-49AC-A177-8CB1B1F367C5 (resized).jpeg

1ED3E030-0F16-4641-8DD7-F69DFC0E5BF9.jpeg1ED3E030-0F16-4641-8DD7-F69DFC0E5BF9.jpeg
#26572 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Yes delta blew through and it was rough but compared to states with draconian lockdown measures and vax mandates Florida fared much better and has had none of these mandates for 2 years!

I love the dramatic flair of "draconian lockdown measures" but the reality was people wanted to stay home and be safe during the peaks of the pandemic and getting vaccinated, social distancing and masking are easy peasy.

#26573 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I'm curious about the findings on this too. It sounds like it may be a great aid in treating persons that have been infected.
I just hope that people run out and try to get this medication and start self medicate thinking it is "better than being vaccinated".

Well, this one is prescription only. Luckily we don't treat horses for depression I guess!

#26574 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The Delta variant became the dominant strain in America in July. It was already very dominant in smaller sections of the country, but near the beginning of July was when it hit 51% of cases everywhere. It was dominant in the UK earlier (3 or 4 months).
So July was the month we really should have gone from “I’m vaccinated, I don’t care” to “We should be a bit more careful”. Now it is the cusp of November, and I still get dirty looks for wearing a mask. I’ve finally accepted the fact that due to our inactions, we will be in this for a long time.
[quoted image]

So how exactly do you get rid of an RNA virus?

How many RNA viruses have been eradicated?

#26575 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

It’s like they can keep changing the narrative on us

No, it’s more like this is new to all of us (including the scientists), and we’re just learning as we go. I don’t take anything for granted. I didn’t stop wearing a mask in public after I got vaccinated. I’m glad I didn’t, because I know that I can still be a carrier. I went to a pinball league night Thursday and I sneezed so much in my mask it got wet, and I had to go out to my car to get a new one. Probably just a cold, but what if it wasn’t?

Anyway @brianj1337, stop saying “they”. There’s no conspiracy here, just honest people doing the best they can to keep the most people alive.

#26576 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The same people that said this just 5 short months ago? “ CDC Data Suggests Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus

Actually the report you referred to was done 7 short months ago, not 5. However, we can use 5 short months if you insist. That would have been Monday, May 31, 2021.

The study was published April 2nd 2021.
It was studying if vaccines prevented SARS-VoV-2 infection.
It studied healthcare workers, first responders, and other essential frontline workers.
It did that in 8 locations between December 2020 and March 2021.

This was before Delta, with it's 1000x higher viral load was the dominant Covid strain in the United States.

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

(<— how many believed this one?

When the study was done, and when it was written, it was correct.

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

furthermore how many STILL believe it?

Only antivaxers who cannot seem to understand that in dynamic situations, things change.

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

It’s like they can keep changing the narrative on us Willy nilly and no one questions it when they do… I hate to see what they change next…

Oh boy. This is so incorrect. This statement implies that the proverbial "THEY" are in control and changing the collective story to the population for some nefarious purpose. And that "THEY" are the cause of peoples discomfort. And "YOU" hate to see what "THEY" will change next to make the control "THEY" have even worse.

You are implying that some sinister group is controlling a narrative here, rather than the situation being changed due to the mutation of the virus. And just to wrap this up with a bow, the situation changed after the report you highlighted was written. It was correct when it was written.

#26577 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I love the dramatic flair of "draconian lockdown measures" but the reality was people wanted to stay home and be safe during the peaks of the pandemic and getting vaccinated, social distancing and masking are easy peasy.

Worked so well when even those states that locked down. https://riverdalepress.com/stories/new-covid-cases-people-staying-home-coronavirus-nyc,71784

Quoted from DaveH:

Actually the report you referred to was done 7 short months ago, not 5. However, we can use 5 short months if you insist. That would have been Monday, May 31, 2021.
The study was published April 2nd 2021.
It was studying if vaccines prevented SARS-VoV-2 infection.
It studied healthcare workers, first responders, and other essential frontline workers.
It did that in 8 locations between December 2020 and March 2021.
This was before Delta, with it's 1000x higher viral load was the dominant Covid strain in the United States.

When the study was done, and when it was written, it was correct.

Only antivaxers who cannot seem to understand that in dynamic situations, things change.

Oh boy. This is so incorrect. This statement implies that the proverbial "THEY" are in control and changing the collective story to the population for some nefarious purpose. And that "THEY" are the cause of peoples discomfort. And "YOU" hate to see what "THEY" will change next to make the control "THEY" have even worse.
You are implying that some sinister group is controlling a narrative here, rather than the situation being changed due to the mutation of the virus. And just to wrap this up with a bow, the situation changed after the report you highlighted was written. It was correct when it was written.

Again that’s why I said I hate to see what they change next on us. I understand it’s a fluid situation I just don’t understand why people believe those that constantly lie to us. People really thought the vaccine was going to stop covid? I hoped it would but now we know better. It’s only effective for weeks to months before needing a booster.

I feel bad for anyone that believed just 7 short months ago that the vaccine would prevent the spread or from catching covid when most people who studied the data knew it would possibly fail and create more problems (delta?). We know it’s possible for vaccinated to spread mutated variants now.

As you said though things change and it is an experimental new technology a lot of people volunteered to test. So yea, I totally understand that it will change as time goes on. Maybe they’ll go back to finding out you are protected from covid or maybe they find out vaccinated are spawning the variants?. I’m here just waiting to see what new data presents!

I’m pro vaccine my family all has theirs. I am anti-gene therapy technology and anti medical testing for my family however.

Our schools in Florida have been open the entire time. No vax mandates, no mask mandates and Florida is still 7th In mortality. Anything more is draconian in my opinion. See New York.

#26579 2 years ago

Covid Info from Anti Vax sources, or even Florida governor, used Non Delta info from Brown University in Public speeches.

Follow up statements, from Media, repeat it, just using "Covid" and omitting the Delta variance to create
Alt-Facts.

Its like Human-Mice Studies....So many stories left off the "Mice" part, leading many to believe tests were
done on "Humans".

The question is Why distort Public health info, where the Best it will do, is cause more harm?

#26580 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trekkie, I was very happy to answer your question fully. These follow ups don’t have anything to do with the question you asked.

You have clearly stated multiple times over the past few months that you disagree with any mitigation of the virus. Now you’re asking how to eliminate it. I have an answer for that, but unfortunately it would be inhuman. In fact it would probably involve many of the things antivaxers are pretending is happening now. And really they are not things I’d be willing to do.

But how do we mitigate the virus? By preventing it from spreading, of course. We wear masks, and we socially distance ourselves, preventing the virus from having a way to spread. You can complain about that mitigation strategy all you want. You can keep reframing it. But I believe the Delta Variant has an R0 of 6 or 7 (don’t quote me on that number, but I think I’m close). We (you) should be doing anything you can to lower that number. It’s the only thing that will keep the virus under control. If a mask lowers that number to 3, which is still bad, how could you not support that? If a mask and social distancing could reduce it to 2, how could you not support that? This is all still simple. How to handle a pandemic 101 stuff. You know the best thing to do in a pandemic, and for your own reasons you choose not to. Good for you. I make different choices. Good for me.

#26581 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

“Surely it’s just because Florida has more elderly than everyone else”
Ok, let’s roll the tape:
https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-deaths-among-older-adults-during-the-delta-surge-were-higher-in-states-with-lower-vaccination-rates/
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well good news is delta is about all gone in Florida, we currently have the lowest cases in the country as of now and overall since the start of the pandemic we are still 7th in mortality. You guys can keep picking data sets of the 4 months since we got our delta surge but that is now down while other states are just starting their surges and yes because it’s more transmissible those numbers seem accurate. Overall? Mortality cases in Florida is ranked 7th overall since the start.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

With ZERO MANDATES!

Now since our delta surge is over and we’ve landed around 7th so far I imagine we’ll begin to slide even further down. What that means is we’re fairing about as well as everyone else overall if not better when you account for us not forcing anything on anyone. So yes you guys can keep talking about our delta surge but the numbers speak for themselves when you look at the entire pandemic. We’re 7th (high? Yes.) but we’re not the worst off and as our cases drop and others rise our state will be a good case study on how zero mandates or lockdowns will or will not have worked. So far living here I feel like we’ve done awesome compared to friends who can’t go to a Wendy’s without a passport.

“Florida has left the delta wave behind — at least for now.” - https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/florida-e2-80-99s-covid-19-cases-and-positivity-rate-decline-again-this-week/ar-AAQ6Sz7?ocid=uxbndlbing

You should see how many lives were saved by our governor getting us the monoclonal antibodies too (which 50% vaccinated people were getting for their breakthrough cases as well)!

“ Many of the people who have received monoclonal antibody treatments at one of the state-run sites were fully vaccinated, DeSantis added, including 52% of all patients at the Pembroke Pines site and almost 60% of all patients at the Tropical Park location.” https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/desantis-touts-monoclonal-antibody-therapy-as-florida-hospitalizations-for-covid-decline/ar-AAOwMsi

#26582 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just look at the votes on my post. More proof that shows the narrative is much more important than actual science.

So educate me….how many RNA viruses have been eradicated????

And what about Florida?? I was told on this board that without masks, the cases would never ever go down…I predicted that the cases would go down as more people caught it and got vaccinated…you know, actual science. Let’s not forget, I pretty much called the top of their curve, when everyone else here pushing a certain narrative said it would keep going up.

#26583 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anyway BrianJ1337, stop saying “they”. There’s no conspiracy here, just honest people doing the best they can to keep the most people alive.

I'm not certain I'd call Fauci "honest" at this point.

#26584 2 years ago
gFB2lUYmrRfmUYU5RHdbPpohZtv4b0YVP_d25OnutHo.jpggFB2lUYmrRfmUYU5RHdbPpohZtv4b0YVP_d25OnutHo.jpg
#26585 2 years ago

Comedic break - I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there!

1BC1007D-0F26-4D20-AE46-76BC0B9B70F3 (resized).jpeg1BC1007D-0F26-4D20-AE46-76BC0B9B70F3 (resized).jpeg

#26587 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Dramatic flair? More like a Broadway show.

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The scary part for me is knowing people would easily be willing to have the government throw unvaccinated people into camps all for a virus with a 99.6% survival rate. Some of you act like you would fight against something so egregious but don't kid yourselves most of the vaccinated would cheer to see unvaccinated loaded up and shipped off so you can have your "perfect healthy society".
“Fascism, Nazism, Communism and Socialism are only superficial variations of the same monstrous theme — collectivism.”
I never thought I would see people so willing to give up everything and chastise their neighbors for not wanting to participate in a medical experiment like this, collectivism is scary stuff.

#26588 2 years ago

Another friend from high school just posted they have lost a second family member, when I reached out it was confirmed both were Covid related. I asked about the vax status and she said "none of us have had the shots don't want them" then went on to imply there was a difference in the perceived care the last one got in the hospital before he died. He was on the vent for 4 weeks. I asked what was the problem with the care and she said it was more than she wanted to get into over text. Some more right wing conspiracy theories were pushed out and then we dropped it.

What really caught my attention was when I mentioned I was getting my third shot this weekend, and my wife already had her 3rd jab she mentioned that the only one in their circle of family that got shots has had constant headaches ever since. As compared to 3 people hospitalized with Covid, two of which died, one of which is still recovering from a second bout of the disease 4 months ago, she was apparently focusing on this side effect from the vaccine (assuming that is even the cause of the headaches). Then she says "you have your convictions, I have mine". Yep, can't argue with that.

#26589 2 years ago

From the Economist: excess deaths attributed to the pandemic are closer to 16 million compared to the 5 million reported.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-estimates

310CC198-8B74-4A3B-AD6B-2F2C9D5EAD7D.jpeg310CC198-8B74-4A3B-AD6B-2F2C9D5EAD7D.jpeg

#26590 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

maybe they find out vaccinated are spawning the variants?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=JAQing%20off

#26591 2 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Another friend from high school just posted they have lost a second family member, when I reached out it was confirmed both were Covid related. I asked about the vax status and she said "none of us have had the shots don't want them" then went on to imply there was a difference in the perceived care the last one got in the hospital before he died. He was on the vent for 4 weeks. I asked what was the problem with the care and she said it was more than she wanted to get into over text. Some more right wing conspiracy theories were pushed out and then we dropped it.
What really caught my attention was when I mentioned I was getting my third shot this weekend, and my wife already had her 3rd jab she mentioned that the only one in their circle of family that got shots has had constant headaches ever since. As compared to 3 people hospitalized with Covid, two of which died, one of which is still recovering from a second bout of the disease 4 months ago, she was apparently focusing on this side effect from the vaccine (assuming that is even the cause of the headaches). Then she says "you have your convictions, I have mine". Yep, can't argue with that.

Belief + 2 deaths = (stupidity) to the power 10.

'Conviction' is the right word. Sheesh. I imagine most people would have relented regarding the vaccine after the first Covid death. Shocking. Still, at least they avoided getting some alleged headaches.

I'm getting really tired of selfish, stupid anti-vaxxers and the damage they wreak.

#26592 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Trekkie, I was very happy to answer your question fully. These follow ups don’t have anything to do with the question you asked.
You have clearly stated multiple times over the past few months that you disagree with any mitigation of the virus. Now you’re asking how to eliminate it. I have an answer for that, but unfortunately it would be inhuman. In fact it would probably involve many of the things antivaxers are pretending is happening now. And really they are not things I’d be willing to do.
But how do we mitigate the virus? By preventing it from spreading, of course. We wear masks, and we socially distance ourselves, preventing the virus from having a way to spread. You can complain about that mitigation strategy all you want. You can keep reframing it. But I believe the Delta Variant has an R0 of 6 or 7 (don’t quote me on that number, but I think I’m close). We (you) should be doing anything you can to lower that number. It’s the only thing that will keep the virus under control. If a mask lowers that number to 3, which is still bad, how could you not support that? If a mask and social distancing could reduce it to 2, how could you not support that? This is all still simple. How to handle a pandemic 101 stuff. You know the best thing to do in a pandemic, and for your own reasons you choose not to. Good for you. I make different choices. Good for me.

Your ifs aren’t based on science.

In NJ, delta is 100% of all cases. The R value is at 0.93.

6.2 million out of 9.2 are fully vaccinated. Another 1 million have had 1 shot.

Masks are only required in schools and doctor settings. No vaccine mandates, except for a couple small theaters.

We are approaching herd immunity in this state, due to the vaccinated and natural immunity.

On to some science. Covid is an RNA virus. They constantly mutate. There is more than just MERS, SARS and this covid.

https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.org/en/article/cad0003

Awesome article about how vaccines can rid the world of certain viruses: https://www.quantamagazine.org/why-smallpox-is-no-more-but-polio-and-other-diseases-persist-20191203/

This should help explain why covid will never be eradicated.

#26593 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Overall? Mortality cases in Florida is ranked 7th overall since the start.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/
With ZERO MANDATES!

Look, I have to ask, you realize being ranked 7th in deaths is bad, right? More deaths per 100,000 people isn't something to cheer. Unless you're rooting for the virus?

#26594 2 years ago

Interesting read about a company in India that is the world's largest vaccine maker.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/02/business/adar-poonawalla-risk-takers/index.html

"India's billionaire vaccine prince held the key to ending the pandemic. His plans went awry"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose I should not be, but I am surprised at all the the products that are not made in the US anymore.

#26595 2 years ago

Interesting booster data. Basically, mix and match an rna type seems to offer the most robust response.

0B8595C2-D532-408F-B459-28652E621EAC.jpeg0B8595C2-D532-408F-B459-28652E621EAC.jpeg
#26596 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Right. My understanding from the data/studies was that getting infected is roughly equivalent to getting 1 dose of the vaccine. So you wouldn't get vaccine levels of immunity unless you got infected twice.

They've looked at it, and those of us who got Covid and then later got both doses, have immunity equivalent to getting your booster. Can't wait to eventually get my actual booster down the line and be super duper resistant.

#26597 2 years ago

Also, I find it hilarious that Floridians are actually bragging about being the 7th worst for deaths. That's still bad. Like 43 other states did better than you, why you strutting?

#26598 2 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I'm sorry to hear about your wife losing two of her family members.

#26599 2 years ago

How is it new strains are becoming “vaccine” resistant all of a sudden? If you knew what a “leaky vaccine” was you’d understand easily.
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965703047/vaccines-could-drive-the-evolution-of-more-covid-19-mutants

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also, I find it hilarious that Floridians are actually bragging about being the 7th worst for deaths. That's still bad. Like 43 other states did better than you, why you strutting?

Quoted from roffels:

Look, I have to ask, you realize being ranked 7th in deaths is bad, right? More deaths per 100,000 people isn't something to cheer. Unless you're rooting for the virus?

What you gentlemen fail to mention is that we haven’t locked down but 15 days state wide. Restaurants, gyms, schools no masks anywhere.

7th (off by how many compared to those lower on the list? and we’re sliding down now that delta is gone) compare Florida 278 deaths per 100k with Massachusetts (8th place) 276 deaths per 100k and their restrictions, mandates and lockdowns or say New York (5th) at 291 deaths! per 100k!

Man, I am stoked to have lived my life worry free for two years compared to states that have had much worse restrictions, business closings, they have higher vaccine intake and they’re still doing much worse than Florida who has the highest elderly population.

New York vs Florida when this is over will be a perfect case study of how lockdowns and mandates not only do jack all to stop covid but ruin the economy and general well being of those residents.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 532 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/532 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.