272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 576.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

a freight train that's been gaining speed with a marshmallow

Grammer o-din. Grammer

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So much free time I just shredded every paper that needed to be shredded. Hate when that shit piles up.
You know when go thru old files and shred, you have way too much time on your hands.
I figure I don't any more reminders of 2008 hanging around.

Ex CIA? Some other nefarious Agency Retiree?

#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Man...this thread is a SHIT SHOW.

Yes. There have been some great links and discussions earlier. But it’s gone the way of every other thread here

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

22 million is definitely a exaggeration, but so is 3277, don’t put any stock in these numbers coming out if China.

Agreed. No way the country where it began and in a city of 12 million (Wuhan) only had 3200 deaths. It isn't 21 million but I'm pretty sure China downplayed its severity and how many people have actually died.

It has been far worse so far in the rest of the world then their data suggests and 80% of Chinese men smoke. China fears global backlash and some potential liability so I think they've downplayed it somewhat.

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Sometimes its serious, sometimes not. A Recovery Thread of sorts. Really a blessing to spout off right now.

#2507 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Yes. There have been some great links and discussions earlier. But it’s gone the way of every other thread here

To get things back on track. Here is some good news that addresses some of the problems being faced:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/24/21192282/ford-tesla-gm-elon-musk-coronavirus-masks-ventilators-pandemic

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Ex CIA? Some other nefarious Agency Retiree?

Just a guy that has to keep track of three generations worth of dealings starting in 1922. Really don't need those cancelled checks and statements from the 20th century anymore. Or much over 7 years old.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I belong to another forum where multiple people have already lost loved ones to COVID. THIS SUCKS.

Sorry to hear that. What area of the country?

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's been a rollercoaster for weeks. THey want to believe the bullshit they are being fed, that this is really over in a week. I have no doubt will see another massive drop when it suddenly becomes clear it won't be.

Unfortunately, possibly as soon as tomorrow. I think this is a stimulus induced bounce in the middle of a bad bear market. Until we get some good news, the market has more downside.

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Guess he didn't like the cornbread either.

#2512 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the stock market is in sudden denial.

I need a few more days of giddyup so I can get out of the bad trades I made 3 weeks ago when I thought this was gonna blow over. Some falling knives cut deep, son (is what I will teach my son).

BAEC1D2A-CFBF-4569-B8C7-220D219C29E0 (resized).jpegBAEC1D2A-CFBF-4569-B8C7-220D219C29E0 (resized).jpeg
#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Unfortunately, possibly as soon as tomorrow. I think this is a stimulus induced bounce in the middle of a bad bear market. Until we get some good news, the market has more downside.

I think it is classic that Boeing has the balls to demand what bailout they want. Let them sink. There's always someone else who can take up the slack.

#2514 4 years ago

I just hope that some kind of effective treatment is discovered. Now in the US, people are dying at a clip of 100+ per day. How many more have to die each day for people to comply with the lockdowns put in place? More than 300? I know most are complying but I have seen first hand with my own eyes TODAY, that a large percentage of people are carrying on like an emergency is not here. Shame on you.

I please ask that people do what they can to help not be a part of the problem. It’s just as important as directly saving someone’s life. Please don’t leave blood on your hands, not complying with orders because of American pride. Please do these things even if you don’t want to and don’t think it’s making a difference. Please.

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I just hope that some kind of effective treatment is discovered. Now in the US, people are dying at a clip of 100+ per day. How many more have to die each day for people to comply with the lockdowns put in place? More than 300? I know most are complying but I have seen first hand with my own eyes TODAY, that a large percentage of people are carrying on like an emergency is not here. Shame on you.
I please ask that people do what they can to help not be a part of the problem. It’s just as important as directly saving someone’s life. Please don’t leave blood on your hands, not complying with orders because of American pride. Please do these things even if you don’t want to and don’t think it’s making a difference. Please.

Until we match and/or exceed the flu numbers, it's not important, apparently. Less people around means less competition for that precious monies.

#2516 4 years ago

I remember when during TV ads, the toilet paper commercials had to dance around what their product was about.

" Ladies, please don't squeeze the Charmin. To which, "OoooH, Mr Whipple.

and

White Cloud did not feel like toilet paper.

That was so 20 century.

Now, we just let all hang out. TP is BW. Plain and simple.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/colorado-springs-youtubers-toilet-paper-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I need a few more days of giddyup so I can get out of the bad trades I made 3 weeks ago when I thought this was gonna blow over. Some falling knives cut deep, son (is what I will teach my son).

Reverse psychology.

As soon as they pass the stimulus bill, it should start dropping like a hot potato.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it is classic that Boeing has the balls to demand what bailout they want. Let them sink. There's always someone else who can take up the slack.

Not with Boeing. That's the problem. All we have are Boeing and Airbus. Boeing is the largest exporter dollar wise exporter to keep out balance on payments in check. A company that big is too big too fail. But I would much rather see Boeing sell stock the public.

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not with Boeing. That's the problem. All we have are Boeing and Airbus. Boeing is the largest exporter dollar wise exporter to keep out balance on payments in check. A company that big is too big too fail. But I would much rather see Boeing sell stock the public.

and this is where I say...let it happen and let the pieces fall where they fall. Too much attitude with it. Clearly they suck at managing money.

#2520 4 years ago

With Boeing they may not be in business long anyway, they still have to answer for those 2 planes that went down full of people due to their software.

#2522 4 years ago

The governor of KY announced that someone who went to a coronavirus party now has....the coronavirus.

Hang on for a wild ride for the next month...

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

You forgot “elements of medical”

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I see people in my area of NC hunkered down, not leaving. We do not have a lot of "Official Cases" but our first case was a person who traveled from Italy. Word is out, I can't visit Family.
Ain't nobody moved.

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

With Boeing they may not be in business long anyway, they still have to answer for those 2 planes that went down full of people due to their software.

That would be very bad for the country... and the world.

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Which brings me back to the point of when the FAA gives the all clear for the 737 Max to fly again, they are going badly need it airworthy the world around with every other country's FAA equivalent. If the 737 can fly in one country but not another it is good as still grounded.

China grounded its 737 fleet before the US finally did the same. And China just might think they will need to study the data a little more before ungrounding its fleet. That could be a big bargaining chip that China might decide to break off in someone's ass if the Virus trash talk keeps happening.

#2527 4 years ago

Today someone I work with said she was going to see her mom this weekend because she's had medical issues and is trying to keep her isolated. I'm sitting there thinking...so why are you going to see her then? smh.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Today someone I work with said she was going to see her mom this weekend because she's had medical issues and is trying to keep her isolated. I'm sitting there thinking...so why are you going to see her then? smh.

Mask and gloves she's fine.

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Which brings me back to the point of when the FAA gives the all clear for the 737 Max to fly again, they are going badly need it airworthy the world around with every other country's FAA equivalent. If the 737 can fly in one country but not another it is good as still grounded.
China grounded its 737 fleet before the US finally did the same. And China just might think they will need to study the data a little more before ungrounding its fleet. That could be a big bargaining chip that China might decide to break off in someone's ass if the China Virus trash talk keeps happening.

Ummm... once again, they started that trash talk with the narrative that the virus was engineered by the US military and planted in Wuhan last October at the world military games.

Some may be okay with that but I'm not. In fact as an American, it pisses me off.

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Reverse psychology.
As soon as they pass the stimulus bill, it should start dropping like a hot potato.

“Buy the rumor, sell the news” is the best stock market advice I’ve ever heard.

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Throw 2 Trillion in that we dont have, and people that have lined up free trades, will take the Free
% change ride.
I just heard from the coast of Australia, a friend from my other Hobbies, and in Charge there,
that everything is locked tight, no travel without papers, Streets are All manned with officers, and they were issued Guns!! Candidates are graduating with half training, and they are having a hell of a time
with the Aboriginals. He is supporting 5 families, with Food, Water, and Electricity.
A different view.....

Really i just dropped a pinball into the next border just before it was about to close and not one policeman or military on the road. I got back across the border a couple of hours before the state was going into border lock down i would have thought there would have been some sort of presence. Did he say what State he is in? Oh but on the highway i did see patrol cars fining people for speeding.

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ummm... once again, they started that trash talk with the narrative that the virus was engineered by the US military and planted in Wuhan last October at the world military games.
Some may be okay with that but I'm not. In fact as an American, it pisses me off.

You realize 'we' started that argument right? At this point it's just a bunch of children going 'wasn't me'.

#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Things that make you go hmmm..ever hear of the Georgian stones?!

800BBD48-EF05-40C3-893D-D08C94231250 (resized).jpeg800BBD48-EF05-40C3-893D-D08C94231250 (resized).jpeg
#2534 4 years ago

A friend from college let us know he was just confirmed as having it. He's in New York. Went to the ER a few days ago where they tested him. Put him on oxygen and an IV drip for about 8 hours and then sent him home.

He's not sure if his wife or kid have it which sucks (they show no symptoms right now but are quarantining themselves too). They apparently aren't able to get tested. So he's set up shop in his unfinished basement with an inflatable mattress, TV, PS4, and a ton of Gatorade.

It sounds like it sucks to have. He said it seemed like a cold at first, then went away, then came on real strong where he got a fever and had a ton of pressure on his chest. He gets exhausted just walking across the room.

#2535 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You realize 'we' started that argument right? At this point it's just a bunch of children going 'wasn't me'.

We did? How?

#2536 4 years ago

While I'm not worried about the drinking supply, I did pick up some Gatorade and Pedialyte the last time I was at the store. Figure if I do come down with it, I'll at least have some stuff to keep me hydrated. Most of the grocery delivery in the area is overloaded. And if I don't need it, that stuff makes a nice hangover cure.

#2537 4 years ago

By saying that China cooked this up in a bioweapon lab.

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

We never know or will know what goes on in the world of wealthy elites.

Everything is relative. To some, we are wealthy elites, able to afford expensive furniture toys.

#2539 4 years ago

I'll have to dig around and find it. Basically it started by a Senator saying some things on twitter or in an interview that he shouldn't have (I believe regarding wet markets or bioweapon), then China came back with that whole soldier thing, and the it escalated from there...

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

By saying that China cooked this up in a bioweapon lab.

That was a rumor/conspiracy theory that has been floating around for months and never came from official government sources.

China's came directly from one of the CCP's high ranking officials (China's equivalent ofJosef Goebbels).

They have been pushing that narrative lately, particularly in areas like Russia, Iran, etc where they have influence and people may actually be naive and misinformed enough to believe it.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just a guy that has to keep track of three generations worth of dealings starting in 1922. Really don't need those cancelled checks and statements from the 20th century anymore. Or much over 7 years old.

Me and my Cousin did that one time cleaning out my Grand Daddy's trunk. It had suffered a flood one time and everything had an inch of mold on it.
In this case we struggled with what was Historic and what was sentimental, then junk.
That was the criteria we used anyway.

#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That would be very bad for the country... and the world.

Yeah they're the largest airline Co. in the world by far.

#2543 4 years ago

Levi-

Thoughts on NYC being hung out on a limb as a sort of leper colony in the briefings? Seems like a hit job on Cuomo cuz he dares complain.

#2544 4 years ago

Duane Allman wasn't the most talented on a Les Paul, but he played with more heart than 100 mf's.

"I've had my fun...if I don't ever get well no more"

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Levi-
Thoughts on NYC being hung out on a limb as a sort of leper colony in the briefings? Seems like a hit job on Cuomo cuz he dares complain.

You guys all know what I think of the most disastrous, incompetent, and willfully negligent fed response to a crisis I’ve seen in my lifetime.

For now I’m just riding it out and hoping our suddenly very popular governor can protect us from the worst person on the planet.

Good news is my apartment is cleaner than ever, I’m playing my guitar again for the first time in years and unleashing face melting solos for my neighbors to enjoy, and I’m getting along well with my Gf who I’ve never spent this much time with. Also enjoying working from home. It’s an interesting time. Just climbed off the fire escape where I was cleaning my windows for the first time ever. We don’t get out much so nice clean windows are really exciting.

Watching someone do push ups in the park now. And a bus just drove by!!

3AAC3EB5-8BC4-4898-8D45-9053F4374A1B (resized).jpeg3AAC3EB5-8BC4-4898-8D45-9053F4374A1B (resized).jpeg
#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I lost the first person I know today that died from the Virus in NY.
Guys in New York, should you seriously think about heading out of town somewhere safer
with Friends and Family?

Too late now. Incubation time is 14 days. They most likely have been in touch with a contaminated individual. Think about the thousands that are infected that have not gotten tested. Then multiply that by 10. This is more contagious than SARS was.

I'm sorry to hear that Art.
I really hope people in NY can find a way to stay safe.

#2547 4 years ago

At least it's springtime and the sun is shining. Couple days ago the beaches were pretty crowded.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Watching someone do push ups in the park now. And a bus just drove by!!

So, it isn’t like the opening scene of World War Z? Not what I heard...

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys all know what I think of the most disastrous, incompetent, and willfully negligent fed response to a crisis I’ve seen in my lifetime.
For now I’m just riding it out and hoping our suddenly very popular governor can protect us from the worst person on the planet.
Good news is my apartment is cleaner than ever, I’m playing my guitar again for the first time in years and unleashing face melting solos for my neighbors to enjoy, and I’m getting along well with my Gf who I’ve never spent this much time with. Also enjoying working from home. It’s an interesting time. Just climbed off the fire escape where I was cleaning my windows for the first time ever. We don’t get out much so nice clean windows are really exciting.
Watching someone do push ups in the park now. And a bus just drove by!![quoted image]

Yeah, thankfully your mayor did a great job of taking precautions and protecting all of you.

#2550 4 years ago

Be awesome if someone even HIGHER up did something...

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/51?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.