272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 518 of 576.
#25850 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I feel sorry for his kid since she was exploited with pics online with her face diaper.

You don’t sound sorry. “Face diaper”?

#25851 2 years ago

I've read posts like these on Reddit's Herman Caine Awards.

#25852 2 years ago

I'm not in favor of allowing testing in lieu of the new mandatory vaccinations. I was wondering how much this "free" testing was costing. Here's what I found at: https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid-19-test-prices-and-payment-policy/

"We were able to find COVID-19 diagnostic test prices for 93 out of 102 hospitals, ranging from $20 – $1,419 per single test, not including the price of a provider visit, facility fee, or specimen collection."

covid_test_pricing (resized).pngcovid_test_pricing (resized).png

#25853 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I lost my sense of smell for about 2 days and was pretty freaked out about it until I realized who gives a shit? Smelling things ain’t so great.
Then it came back.

In all seriousness losing sense of smell is nothing to sneeze at. Affects your ability to taste food, detect spoiled food, smell a gas leak, burning etc. I don't consider it a small inconvenience. It can be a pretty big deal.

#25854 2 years ago

Being an anti-vax radio host is proving to be a very dangerous co-morbidity!

#25855 2 years ago

This just seems fitting in here after reading some of the comments.

D60F44A3-BE73-4CD6-ACBA-251F8E6EB80A (resized).jpegD60F44A3-BE73-4CD6-ACBA-251F8E6EB80A (resized).jpeg
#25856 2 years ago

Boosters should be available soon in the UK, and I'll get a third jab as soon as I can. Thinking about flu jab, but I probably will.

I bought fish and chips from a really good 'proper' shop today. I was pleased that customers were wearing masks. I also wore latex gloves, so it was like 'American Psycho buys fish and chips'. Sublime freshly made food though, and I had mushy peas too

#25857 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Another radio host who was anti-covid vaccine dies.

r/HermanCainAward gets another one. I wasn’t sure Herman deserved this distinction until I saw this.

6DCF9795-43B9-48C3-BF9D-C4D7955A1716 (resized).jpeg6DCF9795-43B9-48C3-BF9D-C4D7955A1716 (resized).jpeg

#25858 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Face masks are here to stay for kids. Wish it would have happened when my kids were younger, they wouldn't have gotten sick as often and I could have saved a fortune in orthodontist bills.

It is important for kids to get sick…it builds their immune system. That’s why the Swine Flu from 10 years ago wasn’t an issue for older people.

Babies constantly put things in their mouth, to introduce their bodies to germs.

#25859 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Perfect. Her cousin in Trinidad. Trinidad, home of Obeah. Voodoo spell casting, which is just about as sound and well-reasoned as the “Do your own research” crowd here that can’t figure out where/were, a/an, or to/too. *chef’s kiss*

The Trini Women I know have no idea what voodoo is...they prefer cooking and raising wonderful families.

#25860 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/media/bob-enyart-death-covid/index.html
Looks like this is #4 of the radio hosts dying.
" "It comes with an extremely heavy heart that my close friend and co-host of Real Science Radio has lost his battle with Covid," said co-host Fred Williams on Facebook."
Real Science Radio ?? You could have fooled me.
"In October, Enyart won a lawsuit against the state of Colorado over its Covid-19 restrictions, CNN has reported."
If this keep up, Howard Stern might be the only radio host still on the air.

By my count, #6 in 6 weeks actually.

Bob Enyart
Dick Ferrell
Marc Bernier
Tod Tucker
Phil Valentine
Jimmy DeYoung

#25861 2 years ago

Wait, this guy won a lawsuit over COVID restrictions and the spoils of his victory ended up killing him?

E5D53764-E9E4-4284-BE2F-A5ECF740AC5F.gifE5D53764-E9E4-4284-BE2F-A5ECF740AC5F.gif
#25862 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/media/bob-enyart-death-covid/index.html
Looks like this is #4 of the radio hosts dying.
" "It comes with an extremely heavy heart that my close friend and co-host of Real Science Radio has lost his battle with Covid," said co-host Fred Williams on Facebook."
Real Science Radio ?? You could have fooled me.
"In October, Enyart won a lawsuit against the state of Colorado over its Covid-19 restrictions, CNN has reported."
If this keep up, Howard Stern might be the only radio host still on the air.

Bet no one laughed at him at a Rite Aid though.

#25863 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Face masks are here to stay for kids. ... and I could have saved a fortune in orthodontist bills.

ONeil facepalm.gifONeil facepalm.gif

#25864 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It is important for kids to get sick…it builds their immune system. That’s why the Swine Flu from 10 years ago wasn’t an issue for older people.

This sure sounds like you are advocating kids getting Covid. Seriously, you are advocating kids getting Covid. This is the side you are on now.

#25865 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It’s far from a cure. Let’s not kid ourselves.

You can’t be serious. 80k people going to college football games and the millions pouring over the southern border likely disagree with that statement as well.

After catching up this thread and reading the last 4 pages, You sound like the proverbial guy who came to a gun fight with a knife. Sad.

#25866 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

This just seems fitting in here after reading some of the comments. [quoted image]

This meme is confusing because it's creator doesn't seem to realize Karens are anti-vaxx, they are the priveledged white lady whining about having to wear a mask and taking it out on the frontline worker.

#25867 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Babies constantly put things in their mouth, to introduce their bodies to germs.

Lighten up Francis, it was mostly a joke.

#25868 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

I think it is a bit strange, that mask wearing mandates are offence to human rights, but if you voluntarily wear one, you are a freak and get the dirty looks. Don't the rights apply here as well?

Hey...don't throw your fancy logic around here! I agree with you, but there is one factor that you are forgetting. Politics. That's all you need to know why some morons rail against masks & vaccines. These are most likely the same people that are more willing to believe their Facebook chat group or dumbass friends than mainstream media, because those echo chambers fit their narrative. Trying to reason with the insane is next to hopeless. I'm in awe that some on this thread are still trying, though. More power to those folk.

#25869 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

After catching up this thread and reading the last 4 pages, You sound like the proverbial guy who came to a gun fight with a knife. Sad.

Not just any knife mind you. It's one of those plastic knives you get at KFC to use when you try to spread the cold hard butter on the biscuit.
And it's a dull as his research.

#25870 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This sure sounds like you are advocating kids getting Covid. Seriously, you are advocating kids getting Covid. This is the side you are on now.

Seriously???

How on earth did you even come to that conclusion?!?!?!?!?!?!

Did you even read what I was responding too? The answer is clearly no.

#25871 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Seriously???
How on earth did you even come to that conclusion?!?!?!?!?!?!
Did you even read what I was responding too? The answer is clearly no.

Nice back pedal you've got there.

#25872 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Nice back pedal you've got there.

What back pedal?

I would love to know what goes through some of your heads on this thread.

Did I even mention that I wanted babies/children to get covid?

Please, grow up.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15504558/

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scope/shows.php?shows=0_5nzgsffm

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/surveillanceqa.htm

#25873 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This meme is confusing because it's creator doesn't seem to realize Karens are anti-vaxx, they are the priveledged white lady whining about having to wear a mask and taking it out on the frontline worker.

Throw in a couple more liberal talking points while you’re at it buddy. Do you even realize how ignorant and foolish you sound to any sane person in this country spewing that garbage? Other than it being one of the normal responses I see on this forum and many others from the media educated crowd, please enlighten me on where it said anywhere that I was implying anti vax? The statement was to do with fear and how it has become a celebrated quality in our “new society” vs being viewed as a weakness, as it has been for pretty much all of recorded history.

The real question is….Why is it that you would feel the need to throw out a label like that when someone questions if the vax is right for them or their family or not? Maybe they have underlying conditions, religious beliefs, confused by all of the opposing views on the vax itself, a family member or friend that has been negatively effected by the vax, the list goes on and on. My point is, you don’t live their life, you have no clue what is or is not going on in their heads so what gives you the right to judge them???? Pure ignorance and division driven by external influences is what I read, plain and simple.

#25874 2 years ago

At least the orange stain around their mouths and on their teeth will make it easy to tell why they are coming to the emergency room.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2021/09/14/betadine-is-this-weeks-covid-19-cure-vying-with-ivermectin/?sh=38145f936986

I give it two pages tops before someone starts advocating this here as well.

#25876 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I wonder if there will be a follow up to this story. I for one would be interested in knowing how many of those 80 test positive, what % show symptoms and what % get seriously sick/hospitalized.

That parent is a moron but maybe we learn something here.

Has anyone heard what ever came of this incident? Been checking weekly and only able to find the original stories. Thanks

Screenshot_20210915-090444_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210915-090444_Chrome (resized).jpg
#25877 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That's how I read it.

Literally the first 8 words of your post. See below.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

#25878 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There you have it folks.
Concrete evidence the sheeple are allowing themselves to develop giant impotent sheep balls!!!!!
Don’t be a sheep. Be a free thinker with tiny, working balls who gets their medical advice from social media.
The anti vax movement makes for some strange bedfellows, that’s for sure.
[quoted image]

3E444A37-AEA2-4FB3-BB0B-C4A47CD96E70.jpeg3E444A37-AEA2-4FB3-BB0B-C4A47CD96E70.jpeg
#25879 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

That's how I read it.

It is important for kids to get sick…it builds their immune system.

At no point did I ever write that it’s important for kids to get Covid….I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve said everyone should get vaccinated, so they don’t get covid.

#25880 2 years ago

That's how I read it.

It's not how I read it: I thought Trekkie was referring to common colds and such. But I can see how it can be wrongly interpreted, partly maybe because of earlier discussions(?).

#25881 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

At least the orange stain around their mouths and on their teeth will make it easy to tell why they are coming to the emergency room.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2021/09/14/betadine-is-this-weeks-covid-19-cure-vying-with-ivermectin/?sh=38145f936986
I give it two pages tops before someone starts advocating this here as well.

Nice last sentences in the article in your link:

The upshot—why drink a chemical that can corrode your gut, mess up your thyroid, kill your kidneys, or kill you? To show that you know more than all the scientists in the world? Instead, you could just go for your free Covid-19 vax and get a drug with real, proven effectiveness. But then you couldn’t promote conspiracy theories.

#25882 2 years ago

Do you even realize how ignorant and foolish you sound to any sane person in this country spewing that garbage?

My point is, you don’t live their life, you have no clue what is or is not going on in their heads so what gives you the right to judge them???? Pure ignorance and division driven by external influences is what I read, plain and simple.

I honestly had the same reaction to you and your Matrix meme. You think this is profound? Or you have a grasp on the factors on why people are being cautious during a (hopefully) once in a life time pandemic? People are having a conversation about a pandemic, and you come in with a cartoon.

#25883 2 years ago

I have found that people who believe themselves to be constantly misunderstood, may misunderstand what the real problem might be.

#25885 2 years ago

Throw in a couple more liberal talking points while you’re at it buddy. Do you even realize how ignorant and foolish you sound to any sane person in this country spewing that garbage? Other than it being one of the normal responses I see on this forum and many others from the media educated crowd, please enlighten me on where it said anywhere that I was implying anti vax? The statement was to do with fear and how it has become a celebrated quality in our “new society” vs being viewed as a weakness, as it has been for pretty much all of recorded history.
The real question is….Why is it that you would feel the need to throw out a label like that when someone questions if the vax is right for them or their family or not? Maybe they have underlying conditions, religious beliefs, confused by all of the opposing views on the vax itself, a family member or friend that has been negatively effected by the vax, the list goes on and on. My point is, you don’t live their life, you have no clue what is or is not going on in their heads so what gives you the right to judge them???? Pure ignorance and division driven by external influences is what I read, plain and simple.

Slow down there, you posted a meme that didn't make sense, I only pointed that out. I didn't imply anything about your beliefs, I didn't think you made the meme.

#25886 2 years ago

"The biggest hospital in Alaska has joined hospitals in northern Idaho in starting to ration care, as it has become overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients driven by the highly transmissible delta variant, forcing people with other medical issues to wait for hours for treatment.

Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage is now operating under “crisis standards of care,” the New York Times reported, meaning it is carefully allocating resources that may cause some patients to receive substandard care.

Hospitals in Idaho were forced to do the same last week as their intensive-care beds were overwhelmed by COVID patients. Both states have lower-than-average vaccination rates. Idaho has fully vaccinated 40% of its population, according to USAFacts.org, while Alaska has inoculated 48% of its population..."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/alaska-joins-idaho-in-rationing-health-care-as-hospitals-are-packed-with-covid-patients-and-who-says-africa-is-being-left-behind-in-vaccine-push-11631717516?mod=home-page

#25887 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What back pedal?
I would love to know what goes through some of your heads on this thread.
Please, grow up.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15504558/
https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scope/shows.php?shows=0_5nzgsffm
https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/surveillanceqa.htm

Get over yourself! you spent the last 13 hours trying to justify what you posted with 3 links because you got called out (again). You even posted " That’s why the Swine Flu from 10 years ago wasn’t an issue for older people". That reads like a recommendation!

That's how I read it.

So us people are calling you out and you're crying about it. YOU need to "Grow up".

#25889 2 years ago

My father-in-law is in his 80's with Parkinson's heart failure and other maladies. He was having a check up this week for his heart and they saw he was running a fever of 102. He was having issues breathing also so they immediately took him to the hospital to get checked out further. The hospital in Johnstown, PA was full from Covid patients so they took him to the neighboring hospital in Somerset. After getting to Somerset, the nurses said they were getting 15 more ambulances from Johnstown. He was tested for Covid but was negative thankfully. He did have a lung full of fluid and a blood infection but should be home Friday. The next closest hospital would have been in Pittsburgh about 60 miles away.

I guess the point is that some of these little towns can run out of bed space pretty quickly and PA doesn't look that bad right now.
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#25890 2 years ago

Pure ignorance and division driven by external influences is what I read, plain and simple.

Sums up yours and sevenrites' posts perfectly.

#25891 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Get over yourself! you spent the last 13 hours trying to justify what you posted with 3 links because you got called out (again). You even posted " That’s why the Swine Flu from 10 years ago wasn’t an issue for older people". That reads like a recommendation!

So us people are calling you out and you're crying about it. YOU need to "Grow up".

Reading the back and forth, I cannot help but think of this from The Other Guys.

#25893 2 years ago

Mjonesproperty I don’t think “fear is a virtue”, but caution is definitely a virtue these days.

#25894 2 years ago

Everyone...please gather in the boardroom. Everyone seating, have coffee or a cool drink?
Ok...question 1
Do we have an origin?

#25895 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I cannot help but think of this from The Other Guys.

Damn, I have to add that to my list. Lol.

#25896 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This is one of the most ridiculous comments made in this entire thread. There is this political need to portray a certain demographic as responsible for lower-than-hoped for vaccination and mask usage rates. The press pushes this ad nauseum, even though the data and experience show it’s not the case. Rates for both of these issues are dramatically lower in minority groups due to either cultural or economic reasons. This is not a blame game, but to repeatedly blame one group and not realize the issue cuts across demographics is a red-herring that distracts from real solutions.

#25897 2 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

This is one of the most ridiculous comments made in this entire thread.

^^^ THIS statement is ridiculous.

#25898 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

^^^ THIS statement is ridiculous.

Yep. Doesn't even crack the top 10 of the last few pages.

#25899 2 years ago
96170743_1548309258657579_3737808186854342656_n (resized).jpeg96170743_1548309258657579_3737808186854342656_n (resized).jpeg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 518 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/518 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.