272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 576.
#25750 2 years ago
C4BC5203-F071-4CAC-BF3E-BC8AD4D889F3 (resized).jpegC4BC5203-F071-4CAC-BF3E-BC8AD4D889F3 (resized).jpeg
#25751 2 years ago

I just wanted to highlight two different articles from the Federalist, well known conservative magazine.

2015: https://thefederalist.com/2015/02/03/the-insane-vaccine-debate/

2021: https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/09/in-fascist-move-biden-administration-to-force-vaccine-mandates-on-private-companies/

What a difference 6 years make. When did vaccine mandates go from important public health policy to fascist assaults on freedom?

#25752 2 years ago

Vaccine stats for NJ, as of Aug 30th.

5,300,000 people vaccinated

18,390 break through cases....0.35% of vaccinated.

386 went to hospital.....0.007% of vaccinated.

97 died.....0.002% of vaccinated.

This is why our focus should be on getting as many shots into shoulders as possible.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/09/vaccinated-people-far-less-likely-to-get-covid-become-hospitalized-or-die-nj-update-on-breakthrough-cases-shows.html

#25754 2 years ago

All those pure blood folks out there are in for a rude awaking if and when they ever need a blood transfusion from here on out…

#25755 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This is about the most delusional bunch of bullshit I’ve ever read. The “science” you’re stuck on is bought and paid for and full of flaws and it’s sad you and many others are so jaded by it.
People are speaking up, call it lies if you want, I really don’t care. It’s out there, everywhere. I’ve said it before I’m not here for the sheep, nor do I want to change their minds. Nature will take its course on everyone. I’d rather keep my pure blood and natural immunity instead of injecting some mystery cocktail that’s ruined a lot of people’s lives.
Don’t you have a booster shot to go get? Time for flu shots again too, isn’t it? You’re the guinea pig. And the product.

How you managed to make it through this entire rant without using the word “sheeple” I’ll go to my grave wondering.

#25756 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I've found that the anti-vaxx people are much, much louder about it

The dead ones are pretty quiet though.

#25757 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So again, anybody can type anything they want on Facebook: it’s literally worth a pile of bullshit.

Kind of like any other online community....shall we say perhaps a pinball forum? Don't listen to the Facebook people, listen to the Pinside people.

Probably best to not listen to either when it comes to your health and welfare.

#25759 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This is about the most delusional bunch of bullshit I’ve ever read. The “science” you’re stuck on is bought and paid for and full of flaws and it’s sad you and many others are so jaded by it.
People are speaking up, call it lies if you want, I really don’t care. It’s out there, everywhere. I’ve said it before I’m not here for the sheep, nor do I want to change their minds. Nature will take its course on everyone. I’d rather keep my pure blood and natural immunity instead of injecting some mystery cocktail that’s ruined a lot of people’s lives.
Don’t you have a booster shot to go get? Time for flu shots again too, isn’t it? You’re the guinea pig. And the product.

Famous last words.

#25761 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

All those pure blood folks out there are in for a rude awaking if and when they ever need a blood transfusion from here on out…

I'm gonna go give blood this week now. Give'em some Moderna induced antibodies whether they want'em or not! I'm O neg so chances are they will go far.

#25762 2 years ago

An interesting article on the data science behind vaccine effectiveness, and how an overly simplistic approach to data analysis can mislead some into believing that vaccinations are less effective than they actually are.

https://www.covid-datascience.com/post/israeli-data-how-can-efficacy-vs-severe-disease-be-strong-when-60-of-hospitalized-are-vaccinated

#25763 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Nature will take its course on everyone.

Yeah. It sure will.

#25764 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I am surprised you get internet service in your bunker,are you also teaching the kids in the bunker so they dont confuse facts with bullshit.There are discussions for the sake of hearing opinions and then there are spoons.which are you ?Your russian inspired facebook propoganda is working on the weak and yall falling hard for it.

#25765 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Back to Covid talk? Sure, I'll bite again.
WXYZ-TV Channel 7 asked their Facebook audience if they lost any unvaccinated loved ones or friends to COVID. Over 35,000 comments now and counting.
https://www.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit/posts/10158207967261135
SPOILER ALERT - they're mostly ALL complaints about death and serious adverse reactions. I have not yet seen even one pro vax comment in there.
But since many people don't want to recognize how serious of an issue the vaccine is, I'll post a few random comments.
"I know someone who had a heart attack after the first dose, & isn't getting the second. I also know someone who died from the vaccine... let's tell THOSE stories!"
"My daughter 33 years old died 10 days after getting the shot
She had a enlarged heart and she had a terminal lung disease pulmonary hypertension ! She shouldn’t of gotten the shot! Pfizer only first shot Bath New York."
"My mother passed away 3 weeks ago from covid… she was fully vaxxed back in January"
"No I lost a vaccinated one and another has GBS from the vaccine"
"My son’s classmate lost her mother from heart complications due to the vaccine."
"After the v were available... someone I care about suffered from severe memory loss AFTER the second shot. A medical doctor could no longer remember where they lived or how to get home. Memory has yet to return. One life destroyed, and that life affected many others. But lives don't matter to you, you just seem eager to celebrate the death of the unv'd."
"A friend of a parent went into cardiac arrest almost immediately after receiving second dose. They were unableto revive her.
I alsoknow of someone who lost a limb due to a blood clot/circulation issue after being fully vaccinated."
"They wanna talk about losing unvaccinated people but don't wanna speak one word about the ones we lost that were vaccinated cause they don't want that truth to come out"
"No stories on that. But a guy I knew got double shot and 2 days later dropped dead of a heart attack. Why don't you report on THAT"
"No but I know a teenager hospitalized myocarditis the day after the second Pfizer shot"
"My fully vaccinated husband and I just recovered from covid and gave it to our unvaccinated children who we were trying to protect by getting the shots in the first place!!! How about covering that story instead of producing more propaganda. So much journalizing!!"
"With all these comments I feel like that number of who has actually been vaccinated is skewed to try and convince those who aren't to pony up and get it... but it's not happening. So threats are next?"
"I have a friend who got the Covid vaxx, and less than 24 hours later her leg swelled so bad that it tore the miniscus on both sides of her knee. She couldn't walk for months."
"I know 5 people who have lost friends or family members after being vaccinated."
"The hospital in my hometown lumps partially vaccinated into unvaccinated thus raising the percentages. Disgusting"
"I lost a daughter in law to blood clots after getting the Moderna shots."
"My vaccinated dad passed away to covid 3 days ago"
"More teen boys go to the hospital with covid vaccine related heart problems than unvaccinated with covid symptoms. 6 times more. Teen boys should not be endangered by vaccine to reduce someone else's risk. It's unethical."
So again, if people want to take the vaccine, they can. But they need to STFU with trying to tell people to take the damn thing.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

There is a *huge* difference between correlation and causation.

And do you know which these were? Seems we all have a bit of a bias, but I'd argue that either side could be wrong.

#25766 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

And do you know which these were?

Neither, really. They're mostly just unsubstantiated claims from random people/accounts on the internet.

#25767 2 years ago

My Covid short story:

Had COVID. I worked from home through it all except one day. There was one day I felt bad enough with a migraine I took PTO. It really wasn't any worse than the flu to me. 3 weeks after recovery I woke up and half my face was paralyzed. Went to the ER. Tested for stroke, HIV, Lyme, Herpes etc. Basically, tested for every horrible virus you wouldn't wanna have. All negative after multiple tests. Diagnosed as bell's palsy. Doctor felt a side effect of covid. It was pretty dam scary when half your face doesn't work and they ask you if you have a will before a cat scan. A month later, the paralysis goes away. I ask the doctor about the vaccine. He tells me to wait because the vaccines have been known to cause bells in a small percentage of people. So, what do I do? I went back and forth for a month on the decision over the summer. Ultimately, I decided to get the vaccine because I have a child under 12. That combined with no more masks at work seemed like the right move at the time. After doing my own research, I went with the JNJ vaccine. I had zero reactions to the jab and no side effects. I was worried as hell for a couple weeks that the paralysis would return. It never did. Of course we all have to wear masks again at work again. I had a good couple weeks without the mask at work before the mask thing came back!

mike

#25768 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

More teen boys go to the hospital with covid vaccine related heart problems than unvaccinated with covid symptoms. 6 times more.

As of Sept 2021 in the U.S. 2432 5-17 year olds (ref. 1) have been hospitalized with COVID and there have been 1404 (ref. 2) cases of myocarditis and pericarditis after vaccination in people under 30. This is the finest granularity I could find, but even with an extra large group for the myocarditis group that would only be 1404/6, or 234 hospitalized with COVID.

SO... there is no way that statement is true. Also, myocarditis can occur DUE to a covid infection so you can't necessarily avoid it by avoiding the vaccine.

1. https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/COVID19_5.html
2. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

#25770 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

And do you know which these were? Seems we all have a bit of a bias, but I'd argue that either side could be wrong.

You don’t know until you actually research the incident and determine whether there was a link or not. Like the VAERS people have been doing on the thousands of reports in that system. They have thus far found THREE confirmed deaths related to COVID vaccine.

#25772 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:And do you know which these were? Seems we all have a bit of a bias, but I'd argue that either side could be wrong.

You can claim correlation. It gets a bad rap, but It can be a useful analytic when applied appropriately and responsibly. It's a nice tool to bring about some interesting potential causes or relationships between variables. It's also to be taken with a grain of salt, as it does NOT mean causation.

There are plenty of fun examples of spurious correlations. Just riffing, think about the number of xmas trees sold compared to hypothermia cases. Those figures are correlated. Of course, that does not mean that the purchase of a xmas tree is the cause of hypothermia.

To get causation, you would want to run a regression analysis. That takes a robust data set, with all of the potential variables we can gather, and runs a fairly complex mathematical equation to determine each individual variable's effect on Y. For fun we can throw in the number of xmas trees sold compared to cases of hypothermia. We should also throw in things like air temp, etc. When we break down the numbers we're likely to find that the an increase in the number of xmas trees sold does not result in an increase in hypothermia cases, holding all else constant. We are likely to find that for each degree drop in air temp we can expect to see an x increase in the cases of hypothermia, holding all else constant. The way that's phrased is also important.

Anecdotal evidence and making spurious correlations does little more than confuse the general public. The insinuation is that x is the cause of y when such claims are made, with 0 evidence to back up such a claim.

#25773 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:Back to Covid talk? Sure, I'll bite again.
WXYZ-TV Channel 7 asked their Facebook audience if they lost any unvaccinated loved ones or friends to COVID. Over 35,000 comments now and counting.
https://www.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit/posts/10158207967261135
SPOILER ALERT - they're mostly ALL complaints about death and serious adverse reactions. I have not yet seen even one pro vax comment in there.
But since many people don't want to recognize how serious of an issue the vaccine is, I'll post a few random comments.
"I know someone who had a heart attack after the first dose, & isn't getting the second. I also know someone who died from the vaccine... let's tell THOSE stories!"
"My daughter 33 years old died 10 days after getting the shot
She had a enlarged heart and she had a terminal lung disease pulmonary hypertension ! She shouldn’t of gotten the shot! Pfizer only first shot Bath New York."
"My mother passed away 3 weeks ago from covid… she was fully vaxxed back in January"
"No I lost a vaccinated one and another has GBS from the vaccine"
"My son’s classmate lost her mother from heart complications due to the vaccine."
"After the v were available... someone I care about suffered from severe memory loss AFTER the second shot. A medical doctor could no longer remember where they lived or how to get home. Memory has yet to return. One life destroyed, and that life affected many others. But lives don't matter to you, you just seem eager to celebrate the death of the unv'd."
"A friend of a parent went into cardiac arrest almost immediately after receiving second dose. They were unableto revive her.
I alsoknow of someone who lost a limb due to a blood clot/circulation issue after being fully vaccinated."
"They wanna talk about losing unvaccinated people but don't wanna speak one word about the ones we lost that were vaccinated cause they don't want that truth to come out"
"No stories on that. But a guy I knew got double shot and 2 days later dropped dead of a heart attack. Why don't you report on THAT"
"No but I know a teenager hospitalized myocarditis the day after the second Pfizer shot"
"My fully vaccinated husband and I just recovered from covid and gave it to our unvaccinated children who we were trying to protect by getting the shots in the first place!!! How about covering that story instead of producing more propaganda. So much journalizing!!"
"With all these comments I feel like that number of who has actually been vaccinated is skewed to try and convince those who aren't to pony up and get it... but it's not happening. So threats are next?"
"I have a friend who got the Covid vaxx, and less than 24 hours later her leg swelled so bad that it tore the miniscus on both sides of her knee. She couldn't walk for months."
"I know 5 people who have lost friends or family members after being vaccinated."
"The hospital in my hometown lumps partially vaccinated into unvaccinated thus raising the percentages. Disgusting"
"I lost a daughter in law to blood clots after getting the Moderna shots."
"My vaccinated dad passed away to covid 3 days ago"
"More teen boys go to the hospital with covid vaccine related heart problems than unvaccinated with covid symptoms. 6 times more. Teen boys should not be endangered by vaccine to reduce someone else's risk. It's unethical."
So again, if people want to take the vaccine, they can. But they need to STFU with trying to tell people to take the damn thing.

On some level I sympathize with you. I try to imagine how much you must have been lied to in your life, or how fearful you must be of the vaccine, that you consider random internet ramblings (a small # of which are inevitably true) to be of more consequence than the actual #'s that are available to you. At the beginning of this it was understandable, no one knew much and everything was verging on anecdotal. People understandably broke off into their tribes and that was that. But there are now tens of millions of data points that are available for anyone who cares to look for them.

There are legitimate concerns (very rare, but still real adverse affects) regarding the vaccine, but the vaccine and our choice on whether to get it or not doesn't exist in a vacuum. There is no single adverse effect which is more prominent in the vaccine than it is with "natural" Covid and usually it's nowhere even close. Myocarditis? Blood clots? Disease? Hospitalizations? Death? All DRASTICALLY higher with Covid than the vaccine. There is no rational reason for you or anyone else to be as dug in as you are about this. The readily accessible data is there for the finding but you inexplicably surround yourself with the noise of 35,000 internet rando's instead. There definitely are or will be victims of your confusion and fear, and it's all just horribly sad for the rest of us to watch.

#25774 2 years ago

I still don’t have much of my smell back from my bout in mid-August. Maybe 10-15% of normal at this point. And sometimes I experience a phantom smell that is pretty overwhelming, which I can only describe as the smell of frying something in hot oil in a cast iron stove. When that happens, I can smell nothing else, and the phantom burning smell I experience is always exactly the same.

#25775 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I ask the doctor about the vaccine. He tells me to wait because the vaccines have been known to cause bells in a small percentage of people. So, what do I do? I went back and forth for a month on the decision over the summer. Ultimately, I decided to get the vaccine because I have a child under 12. That combined with no more masks at work seemed like the right move at the time. After doing my own research, I went with the JNJ vaccine. I had zero reactions to the jab and no side effects. I was worried as hell for a couple weeks that the paralysis would return. It never did. Of course we all have to wear masks again at work again. I had a good couple weeks without the mask at work before the mask thing came back!

But why did you not just do what your doctor said here? Why did you believe you knew better what your course of action was?

I seriously don’t understand what has happened to this country.

#25776 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

healthcare worker directly dealing with vulnerable individuals should already be vaccinated...

Then how do we explain the many healthcare workers who have been on the front lines this whole time without being vaccinated, who are vehemently opposed to getting the vaccinations?

They should know how scary the “pandemic” is if it’s real, and they’d also know enough from seeing how it’s gone for the vaccinated and unvaccinated, whether it helped with covid or killed them, to decide if the vaccination is worth it.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

They have thus far found THREE confirmed deaths related to COVID vaccine.

That’s cause they’re looking the other way intentionally like Joe Paterno did when all the PSU kids were being molested by Sandusky because.. pride.

Quoted from Oaken:

Just wait. There’s more of them than many would think or are being told about. I already see a future with vax free blood drives and banks, men looking for women who aren’t tainted and more at risk for having children with birth defects and etc.

Laugh all you want but remember it was just 2 weeks to slow spread and just a mask while everyone laughed at people over a year ago who warned of impending mandates and shutdowns.

#25777 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

You are not here for the sheep because you are the sheep. It's a bold-faced lie that the vaccination has ruined a lot of people's lives. You know what's ruined a lot of people's lives? The unvaccinated and Covid.

#25778 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Then how do we explain the many healthcare workers who have been on the front lines this whole time without being vaccinated, who are vehemently opposed to getting the vaccinations?
They should know how scary the “pandemic” is if it’s real, and they’d also know enough from seeing how it’s gone for the vaccinated and unvaccinated, whether it helped with covid or killed them, to decide if the vaccination is worth it.

That’s cause they’re looking the other way intentionally like Joe Paterno did when all the PSU kids were being molested by Sandusky because.. pride.

Just wait. There’s more of them than many would think or are being told about. I already see a future with vax free blood drives and banks, men looking for women who aren’t tainted and more at risk for having children with birth defects and etc.
Laugh all you want but remember it was just 2 weeks to slow spread and just a mask while everyone laughed at people over a year ago who warned of impending mandates and shutdowns.

As I said, unreachable.

Ok, let me clarify this because i certainly don’t want to be accused of LYING about this!

In order for what you are saying to be true, the worldwide scientific community and every government of the world would have to be in on a massive conspiracy to suppress COVID vaccine deaths and harm. Your proof of this grand conspiracy is the Facebook comments section.

Do I have that right?

#25779 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

The irony is that one can make the wrong decision but get a result that validates their decision (no death, hospitalization, long-Covid, etc) an overwhelming amount of the time. It's other people that pay the price of you not understanding how %'s work.

#25780 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This is an absolutely bat-shit crazy comment, just wow.

#25781 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’d rather keep my pure blood and natural immunity instead of injecting some mystery cocktail that’s ruined a lot of people’s lives.

I think you are [Removed]. Now I realize me stating my opinion on that might run afoul of Pinside rule #1, but the statement is so dumb that I cannot draw any other conclusion. Your statement here sounds like it came right out of Harry Potter and you're calling the vaccinated Mud Bloods. This isn't a "mystery cocktail", it is a vaccine. A well researched and studied one. I don't mean researched in the comments section, or watching YouTube, I mean actual research.

I realize your follow-up will include asking me what is in the vaccine, and of course, I don't know. I'm not a chemist or epidemiologist. I didn't spend years in college understanding the intricacies of RNA, because honestly, I couldn't care less about the differences between mRNA vs live-attenuated or viral-vectored vaccines. Science specifically means that work is based on other peoples work. And because of that, I don't need to know. The one thing I do know is that somebody knows exactly what was in the shots that went into my arm. They knew exactly how that triggered my cells to create spike proteins that my immune system could practice killing Covid virus particles on.

Every bit of actual evidence points to how well the vaccines perform. These apocryphal stories of it killing people never actually pan out. People are loudly posting them to scare people from taking the vaccine (you sound scared to take it, so it is working).

And I'll even make this personal... My sister died shortly after getting her first dose of the Moderna vaccine. That is 100% true. And if I left it there, even though it was true, it isn't the entire truth. Because what we thought were bad side effects from the vaccine were of course caused by the fact that she already had Covid when she got her first dose of the vaccine.

And honestly, I don't care if you get the vaccine or not. But I do care when you are spreading lies and making other people hesitant. As a quick guess, there are probably a million people in America that shouldn't get it. Be that from allergies, or Guillain-Barré, or other conditions that prevent it. But for everyone else, I think it is dumb to reject it. It is a shot that makes you much less likely to get sick, and even with the variant, is proven that if you do catch it, your case will be much less serious. You can mumble about fake reports of massive deaths from vaccine, which would instantly be lawsuits if they were actually true. But overall it is just dumb to reject a vaccine that helps as much as this one does.

And of course, please name names of all these people dead from the vaccine (you can't, because they are lies). If a mod called me, I can provide a couple names of people very close to me that died of Covid (hell, one of them is still in a box in my living room until we can gather the whole family post-pandemic). People that lie and spread falsehoods like you are doing just irritate me. So it is time for you to step up and provide evidence of what you are saying.

#25783 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

As far as I was aware, my local hospitals required vaccinations for patient-facing staff quite a while ago already.

But, like you, there is a slice of the population that doesn't believe in vaccines or science, and they really don't like when their (incorrect) beliefs are challenged.

Some people just see the health care field as a field that is simply hiring--so they take their classes and test to meet the requirements, but they don't all necessarily have an aptitude for or understanding of medicine (which is a bit mind boggling, to say the least). Seeing some nurses recommending essential oils as a cure-all is, frankly, just bizarre. I find the vaccine (and mask) refusal equally as bizarre.

Health care workers are supposed to put their patients first. Not getting vaccinated for a *highly* contagious virus is irresponsible as a health care worker (or frankly, anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable people or lots of people).

Are you aware of how many patients catch drug-resistant infections, such as c. diff and MRSA? https://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/index.html

A lot of that tends to happen because of negligence, cross-contamination, and yes, anti-science/medical behavior. It's a big problem, and the pandemic has been revealing a lot of serious problems in the health care system. One of which, of course, is the surprising number of health care workers who go completely in the opposite direction of established medical science. This should be a near zero number (outside of a research--sometimes breakthroughs can sound somewhat zany at first). Taking a vaccine for a *highly* contagious virus when you are constantly around vulnerable people should be a no-brainer.

Quoted from sevenrites:

That’s cause they’re looking the other way intentionally

More conspiracy nonsense. I can't imagine what sort of proof you would have to support this.

Quoted from sevenrites:

This makes absolutely no sense. The vaccine does not alter DNA. Vaccines are designed to trigger your immune system to create antibodies against a particular pathogen.

Some people in the anti-vax community seem to have accepted monoclonal antibodies as a last ditch effort treatment for covid. But, what exactly do you think that is? It's certainly not natural spring water.

Quoted from sevenrites:

This is a logical fallacy. If someone says something that happened to be true in the past, it does not mean what they're saying now will happen to be true in the future.

Besides, I don't recall anyone laughing. The beginning of the pandemic was very uncertain and a bit scary since nobody had a good handle on what was going on or how to stop the virus.

#25784 2 years ago

Guys. Enough validating this nonsense with acknowledgement, much less discussion. Click the button and be done.

#25785 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Great movie plot, but you can't actually believe this. It's as if you don't even understand the basic science of how a mRNA vaccine works.

#25786 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You can mumble about fake reports of massive deaths from vaccine, which would instantly be lawsuits if they were actually true

One cannot sue J&J or any other vaccine manufacturer for side effects from the covid vaccine.

#25787 2 years ago

What’s the Snowman’s problem? Speak up. Let’s get all the conspiracy theorists and the truly lost out on the line so I can do this in one fell swoop. Enough is enough.

#25788 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:On some level I sympathize with you. I try to imagine how much you must have been lied to in your life, or how fearful you must be of the vaccine

I feel the same about you. Except you’re fearful of a virus that has a 99% survival rate.

#25789 2 years ago

I like Howard Stern. I don't love Howard Stern.

He is cutting to the chase.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/howard-stern-joe-rogan-covid-vaccine-horse-dewormer-192053902.html

" Howard Stern to Joe Rogan: 'A doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer? "

" Howard Stern has no regrets over last week's colorful comments that COVID-19 vaccines should be mandatory. In fact, the shock-jock host was stunned over the "slew of publicity" he received for his remarks, saying it's something "I haven't seen ever."

" On his SiriusXM show, Stern once again addressed "s***heads in our country who won't get vaccinations." He also took a shot at Joe Rogan for taking "horse-dewormer from a doctor" instead of a "cure."

"All I said was everyone should get the vaccine, it should be mandatory. This brought down a slew of publicity like I haven't seen ever..."

"...All I'm doing is speaking common sense," he said. "We have a cure for this dreaded COVID and we're not taking it — take it. Make people take it the same way we take polio vaccines and every other vaccine."

" Stern said "we have it so good in this country, people forgot about disease" and that there are "cures."

"It always wasn't like this. You don't get to live to 80 years old automatically. It's done with science," he added. "The reason we live longer is because of
==============================================================================================
science."
=======

" The radio host doubled down on his stance that unvaccinated people should be refused treatment at hospitals."

"We're trapped in a country with imbeciles," he added..."

" Stay home, don't bother with science, it's too late. Go f**** yourself, we just don't have time for you."
==================================================================

Now, about that 80 year old business. I have to laugh when I read items in the news about all of the chemicals in our food and how all of these chemicals in our food are bad for us. Would anybody want to take all of these chemicals away?

Fine. Let's take the chemicals from our food. How many here have heard of ptomaine poisoning?
It used to be called ptomaine poisoning but now it is food poisoning.

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.14.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.14.53 PM (resized).png

That's food. Now, does anybody wish to talk about the chemicals we put in our water? How many here have never heard of typhoid fever?

Those of you who want to go all natural really might want to think again.

Around 1900 the left expectancy was around 50 years old. If you don't believe me, go find some small towns in your neighborhood. Go visit the cemeteries and look at the dates of birth and compared them to the dates of death. Walk the entire part of the old part of the cemetery. You will see many who died were in the 50-60 year range. There were lot of child deaths, as well.

And then look at today. Average life expectancy is around 80 years old. At least in the U.S. That is not an accident.

Our forbearers knew that for a society to thrive, good water and a good food supply were mandatory. I would like to say good health care, as well, but for people in the U.S. with no employer health insurance benefits, health care in the U.S. has much room for improvement. It is not the quality of there care; It is the affordability of the health care.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1040079/life-expectancy-united-states-all-time/

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.25.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-13 at 8.25.23 PM (resized).png

Anyway, you guys who do not want get the vaccine, don't bore me with your rights. Why are you, any of you, so opposed to getting the jab. One of my friends got his first jab last week. The Delta scared him enough that he was able to overcome his fear of needles. That was it; He was scared of a frigging needle.

#25790 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I feel the same about you. Except you’re fearful of a virus that has a 99% survival rate.

Today, there are 680,000 deaths in the U.S. And 29,000 in Pennsylvania. And 32 million recoveries.

Am I fearful? You are damn right I am fearful. I am not interested in taking a 1% chance with this stuff.

Go your own way. I wish you well.

#25791 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This is an ignorant statement. First of all the case fatality rate in the US from COVID is around 1.8%, not 1%. Secondly, the only fatality rate you should care about is what the rate is for you or your loved ones. If you are a middle aged, overweight man the case fatality rate is higher than 1.8%.

Lastly, I again ask. Do you wear a seatbelt? What is the risk of death from driving your car that one time? Are you AFRAID of a car wreck if you wear a seat belt or are you taking a reasonable precaution to keep yourself safe?

And again, I probably wasted these keystrokes because you are clearly off in wonderland.

#25792 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That is incredibly misleading.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/05/covid-19-fact-check-coronavirus-mortality-rate-misleading/3019503001/

Yes, people recover, but many of those people also spend days, weeks, or even months in the hospital. Some have perminent organ damage. Some never end up leaving the hospital.

This isnt like a normal cold virus where if you're healthy you'll probably be fine. It's a big roll of the dice as to how it will affect you. Not mention how it would affect the other people who you would be spreading it to thanks to your poor decisions.

677k+ deaths in the US tops the statistics for any single mortality factor.

I realize that big number may be difficult to comprehend, so breaking it down into more manageable pieces usually makes it easier to understand.

The nearest small city to me has 25k people. So, you could say the equivalent of 27 small US cities were entirely wiped out. That's insane. Especially for one cause, for one disease.

There are people like you actively refusing the vaccine because they fear the cure more than the virus? And that belief is based on incorrect facts, manipulated statistics, random posts on Facebook. That makes no sense to me.

I can understand making a medical choice just for yourself. And that wouldn't be a big deal since it would only affect you and you alone. But this is a highly contagious disease and your neglegence can get people seriously harmed or killed.

#25793 2 years ago

There you have it folks.

Concrete evidence the sheeple are allowing themselves to develop giant impotent sheep balls!!!!!

Don’t be a sheep. Be a free thinker with tiny, working balls who gets their medical advice from social media.

The anti vax movement makes for some strange bedfellows, that’s for sure.
51401B2A-21AD-4B2F-82A3-DE6A95E6288E (resized).jpeg51401B2A-21AD-4B2F-82A3-DE6A95E6288E (resized).jpeg

#25794 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I do have a friend that died of it, which was a huge bummer for our local pinfam, but I personally am not scared of it. I didn't get the vaccine out of fear, but rather to help slow the spread of the virus so less of my community dies. I don't wear a mask from fear, I do it as a courtesy and to let people I care about their safety. It's not like it's hard to get a shot or put on a mask when hitting the grocery store, these are easy peasy things to do to have some basic health and safety standards in a global pandemic and to show you are doing your part. You have made it into some grand conspiracy theory and it's really a couple easy steps to help fight the spread of the virus to save lives.

#25795 2 years ago
FD2267C9-B531-4D40-807B-B8A4A99DB9E9 (resized).jpegFD2267C9-B531-4D40-807B-B8A4A99DB9E9 (resized).jpeg
#25796 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Tell that to the 661,000 that have died in the US. 1800 just yesterday. Your ignorance and insensitivity is disgusting

2FF61BA2-E052-48AA-9A53-AB7FEB24E4C8 (resized).jpeg2FF61BA2-E052-48AA-9A53-AB7FEB24E4C8 (resized).jpeg

#25797 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

because they fear the cure

It’s far from a cure. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

your neglegence can get people seriously harmed or killed

You can’t be serious. 80k people going to college football games and the millions pouring over the southern border likely disagree with that statement as well.

#25799 2 years ago

In terms of lockdowns and police enforced mandates, it isn't hard for me to imagine some of the meausres we are seeing in Australia being used with little resistance in some parts of the US.

If you had told me a year ago that a virus with a 99.98% survival rate would result in a France mandating vaccines to buy food and Australia creating internment camps and limiting travel to 5k from their home, I would not have believed it. Our Canadian neighbors are also being abused including arrests for holding religious services. There may be a few who love the heavy handed govenment and see it as protection, but I think it's a red flag.

As for Stern, I'd argue why take something new if there are, or may be, treatments with established track records of safety that seem to work. We seem so stuck on the vaccine that people get angry when a person does something different and lives. I believe Rogan worked with his doctor. Maybe Rogans recovery will trigger interest and resouces going towards alt treaments which seems to be needed as the vaccine becomes less effective.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/516?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.