272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 510 of 576.
#25450 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Whoa, Nellie !!!!
[quoted image]

Sarah Jessica Parker?

#25452 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This is real world data: The masks are not stopping the spread.

NEVER has it been said by any authority that masks stop the spread, NEVER.

What they do say, and have proven real world data, is that they significantly REDUCE the spread of the virus from your mouth/nose in to the air, they also, to a lesser degree, REDUCE the viral load that you breath in once it is in the air.

Stop sounding like a broken record, spouting the same nonsense.

PS. I've been offline for over a week and have just been catching up with the last 9 pages or so. I actually had a pop up that I was abusing the downvoting system, by downvoting you too many times in a short period! I'll have to make sure I get online more regularly to keep up.

#25453 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Careful man, Kristi will come looking for you for posting this shit. You are making her look bad.

Ha! Well even Gov. Kristi is vaccinated, but of course she doesn't advertise it.

#25455 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Washington state has had mail in voting as the default in every election for over 10 years now with no issues. I literally have my ballot dropped off in my mailbox and can drop it into a mail collection box at multiple locations within a 5 minute walk. I don't know what the fuck kind of political point you're trying to make here but it's bullshit.

I love mail in voting, I couldn't imagine still waiting in 2 hour lines to vote like I did when I was younger. The vaccine line at the mass vaxx place I went to at Boeing felt allot like voting, people from all walks of life lining up to do their part for their country.

#25456 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have said the N95 is the mask that stops the spread. It’s the one that filters the virus from going in and going out. The problem is, that isn’t the ones people are wearing.
The ones we are wearing don’t stop the virus, then add in the fact that no one wears it correctly. It’s right on the FDA’s website that they don’t work.
Vaccines are the key. I believe the data I showed with NJ and Hawaii prove it beyond a doubt.

Do you think any mask is not effective or is it possible any mask helps some and if so what percentage 100% 25 %,Even a little is worth the effort

Quoted from embryonjohn:

Tell them to mail you the vaccine, you’ll take it yourself and fill out your own vaccine card. You know…just like mail in voting

Oh NO nothing political here we see your group and you have 1 thing in common denier,Doctors all lie except Dr Atlas,and cant trust one sides vote but can trust yours.

#25457 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Whoa, Nellie !!!!
[quoted image]

Hahaha! Best post ever cotton

#25458 2 years ago

Looks like gamma may be getting lapped by mu. Delta still large and in charge for now though.

“ The variant contains genetic mutations that indicate natural immunity, current vaccines or monoclonal antibody treatments may not work as well against it as they do against the original ancestral virus, the WHO said. The mu strain needs further study to confirm whether it will prove to be more contagious, more deadly or more resistant to current vaccines and treatments”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/who-says-it-is-monitoring-a-new-covid-variant-called-mu.html

#25459 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Hawaii has masks. Florida doesn’t. Charts are identical.
If masks worked as said, the charts would not match. That right there is real world data.
I can’t spell it out any easier.
Then you have NJ having slower growth than Hawaii…without masks in a state where a vast majority or on top of each other.
Honestly, I just don’t get it. All the data shows there has only been 1 thing that has any effect on reducing transmission…vaccines. Our leaders are doing an awful job in partnering with industry, to help get the numbers up. The only thing driving the numbers up, is when people experience a spike. In NJ, we have gotten a minor increase in vaccine doses given. It’s not enough. Come the winter, we are going to get clobbered with numbers we’ve never seen before due to delta.
All the ex presidents should be working together to get the message out in the communities where they are popular. Places like Disney, should have vaccination locations at park entrances, every concert and sporting event too. These are the perfect places to be using the J&J shot.
We do have pop up blood donation sites. Maybe I don’t go out of my way to the blood center, but it if the truck is out front of Best Buy, I walk in and donate.
There’s a certain percent that will never take it, no matter what. The percent that just hasn’t gotten around to it, that’s where we need to make it extremely easy for them to get it.

You're not going to read or pay attention to this but hopefully other folks will.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/09/01/masks-study-covid-bangladesh/

Massive randomized study is proof that surgical masks limit coronavirus spread, authors say

#25460 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Honestly, I just don’t get it.

Finally, we’ve hit a bit of middle ground we can likely both agree on. I appreciate that.

#25461 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

NEVER has it been said by any authority that masks stop the spread, NEVER.
What they do say, and have proven real world data, is that they significantly REDUCE the spread of the virus from your mouth/nose in to the air, they also, to a lesser degree, REDUCE the viral load that you breath in once it is in the air.
Stop sounding like a broken record, spouting the same nonsense.
PS. I've been offline for over a week and have just been catching up with the last 9 pages or so. I actually had a pop up that I was abusing the downvoting system, by downvoting you too many times in a short period! I'll have to make sure I get online more regularly to keep up.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/12/201222132057.htm

There you go.

In the article, it says the masks reduce the droplets, but enough droplets still get out to make people sick. So since enough virus is still getting past the mask…how does it reduce the spread? Answer: it doesn’t.

The only mask to use is the N95, otherwise, it’s like we aren’t wearing anything at all.

At the end of the article, it mentions that in real world scenarios, the masks are even that less effective.

Believe what you want. I honestly don’t care. At the end of the day, the FDA even admits that the masks we all wear don’t work.

The constant downvotes by the same people show a true level of immaturity.

Do I care? Nope.

If I met some of you in person, I’m more than certain we wouldn’t get along.

#25462 2 years ago

Fun fact of the day:

Non causa pro causa fallacy: a logical fallacy where someone takes a complicated problem and tries to assert that only their source is the cause without considering the other possible sources for the problem. Also called the false cause fallacy.

That’s a fun one to know.

#25463 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Do you think any mask is not effective or is it possible any mask helps some and if so what percentage 100% 25 %,Even a little is worth the effort

If I’m wearing an improper seatbelt made out of tissue paper, is it even worth it to use it?

Answer is obviously no.

It’s the same thing with the masks. All the real world data shows that places with or without masks, have the same outcomes.

The problem is, the one mask that will actually make a difference, is not widely available for us to use.

Don’t forget, Fauci is on record saying we should be wearing more than 1 mask at a time…why is that?

As a country, we get a big fat old F for not getting more people vaccinated. Not enough work on the ground is being done to get people to take the shots. As I’ve said before, my church has an outreach program to the community and membership. According to the head Father, they are making a difference. I believe it must be working (I don’t think he would lie to us during church).

#25464 2 years ago
get-vaccinated-wear-a-mask-save-lives-august-31-copy-6753651837109312-law.gifget-vaccinated-wear-a-mask-save-lives-august-31-copy-6753651837109312-law.gif
#25465 2 years ago

My girlfriend lifted this from Twitter.

I don't know if it is legit, but it looks like old style drawings.

You can google" this comic was created around 1930s and Google will bring it up.

E6WZIH9VEAoOrAl (resized).jpgE6WZIH9VEAoOrAl (resized).jpg

#25466 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hahaha! Best post ever cotton

Is she the one who caused you to slam your boat into the dock?

We might need to discuss your taste in women.

#25467 2 years ago

One more time.

The U.S. after Covid.

c1db66564f10d807bd8022b22df22ad091782f26 (resized).jpgc1db66564f10d807bd8022b22df22ad091782f26 (resized).jpg

#25469 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My girlfriend lifted this from Twitter.
I don't know if it is legit, but it looks like old style drawings.
You can google" this coming was created around 1930s and Google will bring it up.
[quoted image]

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/1930s-cartoon-vaccine-warning/

#25470 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So since enough virus is still getting past the mask…how does it reduce the spread? Answer: it doesn’t.

The interesting part to me is that no matter how many times you say this (broken record), I'll still be very well masked in public.

#25471 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In the article, it says the masks reduce the droplets, but enough droplets still get out to make people sick. So since enough virus is still getting past the mask…how does it reduce the spread? Answer: it doesn’t.

So I reckon you didn't know that less particals will cause less AND also less severe contaminations? Now I finally get your point: less particles (even if still a lot) vs. more particles don't make a difference according to you. Well, I hope you can finally leave it, for that's not true.

#25472 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If I’m wearing an improper seatbelt made out of tissue paper, is it even worth it to use it?
Answer is obviously no.
It’s the same thing with the masks. All the real world data shows that places with or without masks, have the same outcomes.
The problem is, the one mask that will actually make a difference, is not widely available for us to use.
Don’t forget, Fauci is on record saying we should be wearing more than 1 mask at a time…why is that?
As a country, we get a big fat old F for not getting more people vaccinated. Not enough work on the ground is being done to get people to take the shots. As I’ve said before, my church has an outreach program to the community and membership. According to the head Father, they are making a difference. I believe it must be working (I don’t think he would lie to us during church).

Dont think you placed the blame in the right place.The vaccine is easily accessible in the US its people not taking that are screwing the rest.People including Clergy and politicians arent doing any favors by breaking rules and passing out bad information instead of shots.Tell me where in the US has no vaccines available.

#25473 2 years ago

I hope masks help. Had a student leave class today that had to come to me to tell me they weren’t feeling well. Nurse came back for all the stuff later. I’m vaxxed and masked, my student is not. Hoping it is just the strep that’s been floating around but guessing we’re seeing a fair share of Covid too (although they can’t tell us and we don’t contract trace).

#25474 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So since enough virus is still getting past the mask…how does it reduce the spread? Answer: it doesn’t.

Ok, think of this another way.

I assume you've sneezed before? And possible seen someone else sneeze before?

I'm sure you've noticed you or the person sneezing sprays out a cloud of droplets, yes?

If someone puts a barrier over their face and then sneezes, what happens?

Well, it greatly reduces the amount of droplets a person sprays everywhere. It doesn't really matter what that barrier is. It can be as something as flimsy as a tissue.

Every time someone speaks, coughs, or breathes, they are releasing droplets into the air. Put a barrier over those orifices, and the number of droplets released directly into the air is reduced.

So, since those droplets are the virus's primary medium of transportation, if you reduce the amount of droplets, you reduce the amount and rate of transmission.

Will it stop every single possible method of transmission? Of course not. Does it mean masks are useless? Of course not.

The point is significantly reduce the probability of a successful transmission of the virus. That's the whole point of the masks.

#25475 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm sure you've noticed you or the person sneezing sprays out a cloud of droplets, yes?
Well, it greatly reduces the amount of droplets a person sprays everywhere. It doesn't really matter what that barrier is. It can be as something as flimsy as a tissue.
Every time someone speaks, coughs, or breathes, they are releasing droplets into the air. Put a barrier over those orifices, and the number of droplets released directly into the air is reduced.
So, since those droplets are the virus's primary medium of transportation, if you reduce the amount of droplets, you reduce the amount and rate of transmission.
Will it stop every single possible method of transmission? Of course not. Does it mean masks are useless? Of course not.
The point is significantly reduce the probability of a successful transmission of the virus. That's the whole point of the masks.

true but if you use toilet paper for a seatbelt masks dont work.sigh

#25476 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Fun fact of the day:
Non causa pro causa fallacy: a logical fallacy where someone takes a complicated problem and tries to assert that only their source is the cause without considering the other possible sources for the problem. Also called the false cause fallacy.
That’s a fun one to know.

Fallacy = the Toronto maple Leafs

#25477 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There you go.
The only mask to use is the N95, otherwise, it’s like we aren’t wearing anything at all.
At the end of the article, it mentions that in real world scenarios, the masks are even that less effective.
Believe what you want. I honestly don’t care. At the end of the day, the FDA even admits that the masks we all wear don’t work.
Do I care? Nope.

You don't seem to thoroughly read your own links, much less anyone else's. Your linked article does not say what you say it says. This time or ever, really.

N-95 masks or similar are readily available now. You can buy them right now on Amazon. As many as you want. I bought some last week. Masks are an important mitigation measure that even some vaccinated people should be utilizing in some circumstances. Distance is another measure that works, although the 6' rule is garbage indoors.

"oH, bUt PEoPle aReN't WeAriNg tHEm pRopeRlY!" Dude, your shoes don't protect your feet if you don't wear the right ones for the task and wear them properly, so what? People need to be encouraged to wear good masks and wear them properly when appropriate. This is especially important in states where the hospitals are being stressed - like mine, FL, TX, MS, LA, etc. People can't get knee replacements done right now here in Nashville because there are not beds/personnel available due to Covid. Care quality and availability for all sicknesses/accidents is down.

Vaccinations, by the way, are picking up speed. 14M more people received first shots in August, 4M more than July. Those people that got vaxxed need to be wearing masks until they are fully vaxxed. https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/1032994955/vaccination-rates-rose-in-august-as-covid-cases-surge-due-to-the-delta-variant

Not sure if it's vaccine mandates or dead conservative radio hosts piling up that are encouraging people to get the jab, but who cares? As long as they are getting it! I am for more mandates if that is what it takes! Bring on the mandates!

#25478 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's a continuum of benefit. Simples. Even cotton panties are better than a g-string. Or something.

I do like your quantum theory of mask protection, as a joke, but you must realise it only works on the sub-atomic level.

This is very frustrating, and it feels like the scientists and good people of Pinside, including Pinside scientists, are wasting their time with you, old chap.

#25479 2 years ago

It’s like trying to communicate with a Horta without the benefit of a mind meld!!

#25480 2 years ago

I feel bad accepting all this money from a deceased coronavirus diplomat.

20210901_174006 (resized).jpg20210901_174006 (resized).jpg20210901_174111 (resized).jpg20210901_174111 (resized).jpg
#25481 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The masks work 100% of the time in that scenario (if not 100%, then pretty close to it).

It’s the normal breathing, where the masks are ineffective.

If we all had N95, I’d support a mask mandate. Instead, we have masks that don’t stop or barely slow the spread of the virus during normal breathing.

The only effective way to stop this virus is to get vaccinated. The leadership in this country is failing. Not enough people are being vaccinated.

I look at how all the musicians come together for Live Aid, Global Warming, post 9-11 for NYC. Why isn’t there something like a Get Vaccinated concert. Come out for free. Only way to get in, is by either already being vaccinated or getting vaccinated there. All sports teams should have vaccinations before or during the games. People like Shaq, should be in Newark, NJ, reaching out to his community to get vaccinated. Maybe something along the lines of getting a picture with him for getting the shot. There’s so much more that can be and should be done, but it’s not.

#25482 2 years ago

Apparently Joe Rogan announced he tested positive for COVID. He took the following according to a video he released: Vitamin infusions, azithromycin, prednisone, monoclonal antibody therapy, zinc, vitamin D infusions and ivermectin. He says he is feeling better on day 3.

I don’t listen to his podcast but he is apparently anti-mask and anti-vaccine.

Hopefully he recovers.

#25483 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't believe you

You don't believe me? I just showed you her picture. Her name is horse face.

#25484 2 years ago

Oregon.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/us/oregon-schools-superintendent-fired-mask-mandate/index.html

" Adrian School Board fires superintendent for obeying state's mask mandate "

" Across Oregon, school boards have been angered by Gov. Kate Brown’s mandates, including the requirement that everyone in a school building wear a mask. Two other local superintendents, Alisha McBride in Vale and Darren Johnson in Nyssa, have publicly come out against the mask order since it was announced in July, but their districts have been complying. "

#25485 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It’s the normal breathing, where the masks are ineffective.

Why?

The only differences between sneezing and breathing is less volume and lower speed at which the droplets are released.

So masks only stop sneezes? What about coughs? Or when someone is singing? Or talking? Or whispering?

There are some people who spray a lot when they talk. Ever heard of the phrase "say it, don't spray it"? A mask would block most of that.

Why would masks be only ineffective for breathing?

#25486 2 years ago

This is all very interesting to banter back and forth on masks and vaccines and all, but the thing is, if the masks are not 100% effective, will you at least concede they are better than no mask at all? Is there no middle ground? Let's say they are only 20% effective. Is that not worthy of consideration?

#25487 2 years ago

Apparently Joe Rogan announced he tested positive for COVID. He took the following according to a video he released: Vitamin infusions, azithromycin, prednisone, monoclonal antibody therapy, zinc, vitamin D infusions and ivermectin. He says he is feeling better on day 3.
Hopefully he recovers.

Honestly, Joe Rogan not recovering would probably save thousands of lives.

#25488 2 years ago

Way to stay classy Deacon.

#25489 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is all very interesting to banter back and forth on masks and vaccines and all, but the thing is, if the masks are not 100% effective, will you at least concede they are better than no mask at all? Is there no middle ground? Let's say they are only 20% effective. Is that not worthy of consideration?

I just have to opine here and agree. Hand washing isn’t 100% effective, but its still better than not washing your hands at all…every little bit helps and is worthy of consideration. Not everything needs to be an extreme, something can be helpful without being a perfect silver bullet.

#25490 2 years ago

Hopefully he recovers.

LOL. He is okay with getting monoclonal antibody therapy made in a lab by the same companies that make the vaccines but get vaccinated and try to prevent getting sick in the first place? Never. These people are idiots.

#25491 2 years ago

For the love of God, can someone please explain to me why Hawaii and Florida have the same exact looking chart.

I keep being told that masks reduce transmission…yet, a mask mandated state and non mask mandated state have similar looking charts.

They both experienced tenfold increases. They both topped out at the same time.

Instead of repeating the same lie over and over, please explain how this can be.

Know what both states have seen a big increase in recently? Vaccines.

I’m just wondering if a certain pinsider is ready to admit his blatant lie about Hawaii dropping their indoor mask mandate in May…..I’ll try not to hold my breathe.

#25493 2 years ago
vaxi (resized).jpgvaxi (resized).jpg
#25494 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If we all had N95, I’d support a mask mandate. Instead, we have masks that don’t stop or barely slow the spread of the virus during normal breathing.

Clearly untrue. You emit particles during breathing. Masks capture these. Said particles contain virus.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-72798-7
"Both surgical masks and unvented KN95 respirators, even without fit-testing, reduce the outward particle emission rates by 90% and 74% on average during speaking and coughing, respectively, compared to wearing no mask, corroborating their effectiveness at reducing outward emission".

What you are doing is contriving an argument for not wearing masks because most aren't N95. It is an anti-mask argument, but you fake it that you support masks (if they are N95, but they aren't so why bother?). You are disingenuous and your deliberate misinformation threatens lives. Shame on you.

#25495 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There you go.
Do I care? Nope.

I don't know how well known Blackadder is in the US, but this clip is particularly apt in trying to explain that:
some virus minus some virus (blocked by mask) = some virus.

#25496 2 years ago

Some facts I have picked up from working in theatres for over 10years.

FFP3 (N-95 equivalent) are only guaranteed 100% effective if you have been properly fit smell/taste tested. They will not work if you are not clean shaven, there needs to be a complete seal between the face and mask.

Theatre staff wear masks to protect the patient, not themselves. The patient doesn't wear a mask while anaesthetised. They also vastly reduce risk of infection in all cases.

Handwashing is not a quick run under the taps with a bit of soap to get your hands wet. All staff have annual training and testing on handwashing. A UV reactive cream is smeared on hands, then you wash them, then you put your hands under UV light to see if you've missed any. (similar to the tablets you chew to check you've brushed your teeth properly.

Wearing gloves absolutely everywhere is completely pointless, from an infection point of view.

Donning sterile gloves also needs training to be done properly and guarantee sterility.

A significant percentage of the public, and Pinside it seems, simply do not get any of the above as it's not been written on FaceBook.

#25499 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m just wondering if a certain pinsider is ready to admit his blatant lie about Hawaii dropping their indoor mask mandate in May…..I’ll try not to hold my breathe.

Alright, I was planning on just ignoring you after my last post but this is where I draw the line. I may be many things, but I am not a liar and you are WAY out of line here.

I got my information from the official state of Hawaii website. Here’s the link: https://hawaiicovid19.com/mask-guidance/

If you read that link on when to mask while in Hawaii, it says you SHOULD wear a mask while indoors. SHOULD does not mean MUST. I took that to mean that there was also not an indoor mask mandate in Hawaii as there is no outdoor mask mandate in Hawaii. If that’s not correct then I guess you can call the state of Hawaii and complain to them about their wording on their website. If there was a MANDATE in Hawaii to mask while indoors, I would think their masking guidelines website would say you MUST wear a mask indoors.

Ad hominem attacks are usually a sign that the person has realized they’ve lost the debate on the merits and have no choice but to attack their opponent personally.

I’m sorry you’re butt hurt because you are losing a debate on an internet pinball forum against people you will likely never meet in your life; but that’s not an excuse to be an asshole.

By the way, here’s yet ANOTHER study showing that you are wrong. https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/science.abg6296

Now, this WILL be my last post to you until such time as you decide to behave like an adult.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 510 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/510?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.