272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 576.
#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Daaaaamn. I usually prefer logarithmic but this tells a story.[quoted image]

That graph truly is a bit scary.

#2452 4 years ago

I saw that people were stockpiling bottled water. I think the chance of water supply problems are extremely low, but it reminded me that I’ve been meaning to stockpile a few weeks of drinking water. For us, that’s 40 gallons. If you’re going to stockpile water, this is the way to do it. It’s treated and should be good for 2-3 years. Those cheap plastic bottles (Dasani, Deer Creek, etc) will start leaching into your water within a year.

It’s like CSI says: “3 minutes with air, 3 days without water, 30 days without food.”

5DF2C097-C552-478F-A2D4-FC911F28DE49 (resized).jpeg5DF2C097-C552-478F-A2D4-FC911F28DE49 (resized).jpeg
#2453 4 years ago

Italy has been in lockdown since March 9 and their numbers keep on spiking, and we've still got people acting like it's no big deal. Grrr

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Italy has been in lockdown since March 9 and their numbers keep on spiking, and we've still got people acting like it's no big deal. Grrr

2 weeks

heighwayexit2 (resized).jpgheighwayexit2 (resized).jpg

#2455 4 years ago

Dont worry the president said we the US will be back open by easter. Everything will be fine /s

Yup lets take medical advise about the safety of the country from a guy who looked directly at a solar eclipse....

#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The sad thing about that is that the US had the most advance warning of all the countries.

That chickens done flown the coop
Seriously, if I was warning my Family January 12 then they were bound to know much earlier.

#2457 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Dont worry the president said we the US will be back open by easter. Everything will be fine /s
Yup lets take medical advise about the safety of the country from a guy who looked directly at a solar eclipse....

This reminds me of being a sophomore in high school when I'd regularly go into geometry class with dark sunglasses on and remind me teacher that we were in fact not supposed to look directly at ellipses

EDIT: I miss you Mrs. Licht!

#2458 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s like CSI says: “3 minutes with air, 3 days without water, 30 days without food.”[quoted image]

Don't they also say, "Zoom in a bit, enhance, zoom in more, reverse, enhance, enhance, enhance!"

csi (resized).jpgcsi (resized).jpg
#2459 4 years ago

I lost the first person I know today that died from the Virus in NY.

Guys in New York, should you seriously think about heading out of town somewhere safer
with Friends and Family?

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Guys in New York, should you seriously think about heading out of town somewhere safer
with Friends and Family?

Sorry to hear that Art.

#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I lost the first person I know today that dies from the Virus in NY.
with Friends and Family?

Shelter in place, don’t spread it to less affected areas. Sorry to hear about your friend.

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

with Friends and Family?

I feel safe here. Hunkered down. Avoiding contact with others as much as possible. Zero issues with supplies, none of the insanity and nonsense we are seeing out in the suburbs and country.

We also have a Governor who is going to keep this place shut down for a while, and isn't interested in killing countless people to appease Laura Ingraham.

I'll take it. I'd feel much less safe in a kowtowing state that isn't gonna take this seriously. Like Texas for example, which appears to be adopting a "kill the grandparents" strategy to re-open the bowling alleys. Brilliant.

#2463 4 years ago

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!

Folks are scared and some are dying. Some will die in the streets or alone due to not enough ventilators and beds.

But the economy will be back up by Easter. We’re still on the upward curve? Yeah well, don’t let that stop you from working. My dealership is closed voluntarily for at least 2 weeks for the safety of our customers. At least my boss cares enough to take the hit. Other dealers are trying to keep limping along with fewer customers coming in.

#2464 4 years ago

Apparently the stock market is in sudden denial.

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Levi did you serve your country???? Simple question.

Just because you did does not give you the right to impose your personal thoughts and opinions onto others in a disapproving and angry tone. Using this question as part of you tirade is somewhat sickening if you ask me.

#2466 4 years ago

I have always associated ventilators with end of life events based on those incidents where one was required I knew personally. They seem to have the best results on younger people, duh. We are truly exploring the price on a American life. 30,000 ventilators? Astronomical Hospital bills, transportation, funeral Services, the list goes on.
When it ends the World is left with millions of ventilators / support equipment that must be calibrated, inspected, maintained to avoid mothballs.
The scope of this whole situation is staggering.

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's been a rollercoaster for weeks. THey want to believe the bullshit they are being fed, that this is really over in a week. I have no doubt will see another massive drop when it suddenly becomes clear it won't be.

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Money talks and Bullsh%t walks.

#2469 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Heres one my buddy from china just sent me.[quoted image]

Cant believe people fall for that stuff LOL

#2470 4 years ago

Seems like this will be the year of no pinball shows. I’m going to be optimistic. Hopefully things will improve sooner rather than later.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

the bubble headed blonde

Ok, I have to take some offence here... Being a bubble head is not always a bad thing...

#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

that this is really over in a week.

That's like trying to stop a freight train that's been gaining speed with a marshmallow.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Medicate the masses?

I don't know about suicides but afraid alcoholism could explode before all of this is over.

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Any of it actually happen? Reminds me of that election year meme that turned out to be completely inaccurate

A couple of those CEO's did actually resign over the last few months. Regardless its a meaningless stat. There are THOUSANDS of CEO's in the US.

McDonalds came out with changes to the Big Mac right as the virus hit...CONSPIRACY!!

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Every state will be in a complete lockdown within a month. The crush is just about to hit.

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Throw 2 Trillion in that we dont have, and people that have lined up free trades, will take the Free
% change ride.

I just heard from the coast of Australia, a friend from my other Hobbies, and in Charge there,
that everything is locked tight, no travel without papers, Streets are All manned with officers, and they were issued Guns!! Candidates are graduating with half training, and they are having a hell of a time
with the Aboriginals. He is supporting 5 families, with Food, Water, and Electricity.

A different view.....

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

a marshmallow

Depends on the size of the marshmellow...

spmm (resized).jpgspmm (resized).jpg
#2478 4 years ago

I belong to another forum where multiple people have already lost loved ones to COVID. THIS SUCKS.

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

A couple of those CEO's did actually resign over the last few months. Regardless its a meaningless stat. There are THOUSANDS of CEO's in the US.
McDonalds came out with changes to the Big Mac right as the virus hit...CONSPIRACY!!

Some of them, but Iger from Disney was too good to be..real.

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So THAT'S what's in the special sauce...

#2481 4 years ago

Yep biggest day on Wall Street since 1933. Yes, it certainly got better immediately after that.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, I have to take some offence here... Being a bubble head is not always a bad thing...

HA - no offense to you its the dipshit that you have in the USA with the I know everything attitude. We have our a couple here in the great white north. Pretty boy Trudeau and Ford the brother of the crack head mayor of Toronto who is running the province of Ontario where half of the countries population live. God help us all!!

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They call this a Bull trap. Don't fall for it. Keep buying puts.

#2484 4 years ago

Oh dear, now Greta claims to have this alledged sickness. She's been on tour many subway rides.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238364-greta-thunberg-says-she-may-have-had-covid-19-and-has-self-isolated/

How Dare You!

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Here in Ontario we are being ordered to shutdown at 11:59 pm today for all but essential businesses. The thing is that the list of businesses that can stay open has 75 categories and you can find any kind of excuse to stay open including liquor, beer and pot shops. In reality its a complete joke and does barely nothing to help. I guess we are practicing the "cure cant be worse than the problem" mentality as espoused by the bubble headed blonde bimbo south of the border. We have our own here in Ontario. So sad for all of us!!

Wisconsin is next! Starting March 25th, 2020 for 30 days.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never realized that.

And it constricta your blood vessels

#2487 4 years ago

So thinking out loud. The banks Bet big on the stock market. That probably has not gone so well for them recently.

Every business out there is pulling everything they can from their line of credit to keep their businesses from going under. Which means borrowing lots from the banks.

Silver and gold have disconnected spot from physical. Try to buy silver at spot plus a dollar like normal. Not even close.

The FDIC (the people that insure your money at the bank) have enough to cover less than a percent in the bank.

A short time ago the FED cut interest rates to close to zero and injected lots of money into the banks. What you may not have noticed was the FED also reduced the liquidity requirements for the banks (they were required to have a bunch of money in reserve.) to zero.

Doesn't the margin call come for people that play the margins at months end. When do the banks have to cover margin calls on their stock market bets ?

Anyone else think the banks might be in serious trouble ?

The overnight swaps have been running in the 100 billion a night range for months now . . . and now they are in the 3-400 billion a night.

I'm definitely not a finance guy . . . so maybe "Situation normal here nothing to report " - Han Solo. But economy will not be recovering anytime soon and it looks like the banks are sucking pond water currently.

Just some thoughts.

Hey I'm sure it will end well . . .

#2488 4 years ago

Man...this thread is a SHIT SHOW.

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from kstairmantis:

So thinking out loud. The banks Bet big on the stock market. That probably has not gone so well for them recently.
Every business out there is pulling everything they can from their line of credit to keep their businesses from going under. Which means borrowing lots from the banks.
Silver and gold have disconnected spot from physical. Try to buy silver at spot plus a dollar like normal. Not even close.
The FDIC (the people that insure your money at the bank) have enough to cover less than a percent in the bank.
A short time ago the FED cut interest rates to close to zero and injected lots of money into the banks. What you may not have noticed was the FED also reduced the liquidity requirements for the banks (they were required to have a bunch of money in reserve.) to zero.
Doesn't the margin call come for people that play the margins at months end. When do the banks have to cover margin calls on their stock market bets ?
Anyone else think the banks might be in serious trouble ?
The overnight swaps have been running in the 100 billion a night range for months now . . . and now they are in the 3-400 billion a night.
I'm definitely not a finance guy . . . so maybe "Situation normal here nothing to report " - Han Solo. But economy will not be recovering anytime soon and it looks like the banks are sucking pond water currently.
Just some thoughts.
Hey I'm sure it will end well . . .

Supposedly the fed told everyone they'll cover what they have to...so who knows what will happen now.

As for cash, some banks are limiting how much you can withdraw from your accounts per day due to the lack of actual cash in the vaults

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

And it constricta your blood vessels

That might explain some of my late night posts.

#2491 4 years ago
8F902FA3-9D66-4AE1-8AFA-47354FF8F5BA (resized).jpeg8F902FA3-9D66-4AE1-8AFA-47354FF8F5BA (resized).jpeg
#2492 4 years ago

People have resorted to the lowest common denominator, cash in the safe. Gold, Silver, Bitcoin, hog bellies whatever, cash is needed.
I don't mean cash in Fixed Funds I mean filthy bills stacked somewhere.
When this point arrives all bets are off. A lot of people are trying to change this equation with limited results.
A Trillion buys a couple of Market up days? "Yeah, Joe Sixpack will see its going up and buy back in!"

#2494 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Man...this thread is a SHIT SHOW

Awww it’s fine considering the circumstances...what’s so shit showy? Mostly people analyzing the response, numbers, sharing stories..,

#2495 4 years ago

So much free time I just shredded every paper that needed to be shredded. Hate when that shit piles up.

You know when go thru old files and shred, you have way too much time on your hands.

I figure I don't any more reminders of 2008 hanging around.

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's not true. All we had was overblown media trying to create a panic over something less than the flu. /s
The sad thing is that after all this time of people finally coming to their senses, we're still middle of the roading the situation. Real lack of leadership in a time of need.

Cheer up. The country will be up and running by April. Everybody is going to be working, etc. Two weeks.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Mr. Cuomo noted that FEMA indicated plans to send 400 ventilators to New York.
“400 ventilators? I need 30,000 ventilators,” he said. “You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators? What are we going to do with 400 ventilators when we need 30,000 ventilators?”
My work place is in the process of making 2 critical parts for the GM ventilators. The casting dies should be ready in 7 to 14 days. We have a contract for 200,000 of each these parts. I'm not sure how long before GM starts putting these machines together.

Great news forthe parts.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/18/new_yorks_ventilator_rationing_plan_142685.html

#2498 4 years ago

Idiots abound.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-county-commissioner-meeting-blow-dryer-up-nose-kills-coronavirus

A Florida county commissioner faced blowback after spreading a debunked claim at an emergency public meeting that sticking a blow dryer up your nose can kill the coronavirus.

“This sounds really goofy - and it did to me too — but it works,” Okeechobee County Commissioner Bryant Culpepper said at the meeting Friday.
-------------------------------------------------

There is a link in the text for a movie. At 30:00 in you can hear this ol boy spew forth his words of wisdom.

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Idiots abound.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-county-commissioner-meeting-blow-dryer-up-nose-kills-coronavirus
A Florida county commissioner faced blowback after spreading a debunked claim at an emergency public meeting that sticking a blow dryer up your nose can kill the coronavirus.
“This sounds really goofy - and it did to me too — but it works,” Okeechobee County Commissioner Bryant Culpepper said at the meeting Friday.
-------------------------------------------------
There is a link in the text for a movie. At 30:00 in you can hear this ol boy spew forth his words of wisdom.

I'm assuming whoever came up with this was basing it on the 'heat kills it' line of thought?

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Man...this thread is a SHIT SHOW.

Welcome!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/50?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.