272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 508 of 576.
#25350 2 years ago

Yes. Seatbelts will not prevent accidents, but may save your life in case you get into one. Just like the vaccine doesn't always prevent you contracting covid, but if that happens, it might keep you out of hospital.

While the masks do not totally prevent spreading or catching the virus, they will reduce it. Not wearing a mask or not taking the vaccine because they are not 100% efficient is like not wearing seatbelts because you still might die in an accident. Masks and vaccines also protect others, not just yourself. (No need to comment that vaccine does not totally prevent you spreading the virus. It makes you spread less virus.)

#25351 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Explain Hawaii
That right there blows up your mask argument.

Again, another attempt at avoiding the question.

Hawaii’s Governor relaxed their mask requirement back in May. Even now their own travel site says masks are “recommended” while indoors and not required outdoors.

Once again, no measure against COVID is perfect, especially against a highly contagious delta variant. The different measures work together to reduce the spread.

By the way, Hawaii also has one of the higher vaccination rates in the country, are you going to tell us now that is proof vaccines don’t work either?

As I said several posts up, you’re unreachable.

#25354 2 years ago

" Kid Rock cancels shows after band members test positive for Covid-19 "

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/entertainment/kid-rock-cancels-shows-covid-19-trnd/index.html

" The artist took to Twitter to explain that the cancellations were due to coronavirus writing, "I am pi--ed. Over half the band has f---ing covid (not me), and before u s--- for brains bloggers and media trolls run your mouths, many of them, like me, have been vaccinated." "
.........................=================================

#25355 2 years ago

Dude needs hospital care for a treatable problem and a search for an ICU hospital bed looked across 5 states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Colorado produced no results. No beds. 5 states. The guy died.

But as you listen to the grieving mother, there were beds available but a shortage of staff ( I assume the staff shortage was in her local hospital but it is not clear).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/08/30/daniel-wilkinson-us-army-veteran-dies-treatable-illness-icu-texas-keilar-newday-ldn-vpx.cnn

#25356 2 years ago

" Ida slams Louisiana hospitals brimming with virus patients "

https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-ida-hospitals-5f68dc3f11842ad3b2effbc5d202ffb4'

" The governor also said 22 nursing homes and 18 assisted living facilities have been evacuated, though evacuating the largest hospitals was not an option because there simply aren’t other places to send them."

"...Edwards said a big focus will be on making sure there is enough generator power and water at hospitals..."

“I hate to say it this way, but we have a lot of people on ventilators today and they don’t work without electricity,” he said.

#25357 2 years ago

Not Covid related, but another student in one of my business classes was giving the professor a hard time about nothing. The Prof. said "fine", you teach the class, picked up his briefcase and walked out. Class dismissed. That student never returned to class after that day.

The selfish girl in your article jeopardized all of the other students prospects for graduating. And then she wants to cop a "woe is me" attitude.

Pathetic.

#25359 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I think we might be dealing with the Squire of Gothos here!!!

#25362 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They got them horse paste blues.

Levi, we gonna make you a songwriting star.

A little bit of Dave Dudley

#25363 2 years ago

My daughter caught Covid from her unvaccinated roommate at college last week. I picked her up, at the time she was asymptomatic. She ended up developing mild symptoms, low fever and loss of taste. My wife called our family doctor and he gave her scripts to pick up. To my surprise when my wife came back with them, one of them was Ivermectin(3mg). I guess my question is for Doc, where exactly does this drug stand with the FDA? All that I’ve read or heard is pretty negative on its effectiveness. She is pretty much symptom free now.

#25364 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They got them horse paste blues.

No need to go to the store. Half for Molly… half for me!

E4DAD744-A2A1-4961-9158-D4770C9C29E5 (resized).jpegE4DAD744-A2A1-4961-9158-D4770C9C29E5 (resized).jpeg
#25365 2 years ago

Anti vax pro horse paste advocate gets covid, dies. Sadly, these are rapidly becoming “dog bites man” type stories.

"OK Folks Wayne Feed and Seed has some liquid and paste Ivermectin get it while supplies last," Manning wrote on Facebook.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/anti-vaxx-police-officer-dies-covid-b1910221.html

#25366 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" Kid Rock cancels shows after band members test positive for Covid-19 "
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/entertainment/kid-rock-cancels-shows-covid-19-trnd/index.html
" The artist took to Twitter to explain that the cancellations were due to coronavirus writing, "I am pi--ed. Over half the band has f---ing covid (not me), and before u s--- for brains bloggers and media trolls run your mouths, many of them, like me, have been vaccinated." "
.........................=================================

Guess where he performed recently? Hint, it involves lots of motorcycles.

#25367 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My daughter caught Covid from her unvaccinated roommate at college last week. I picked her up, at the time she was asymptomatic. She ended up developing mild symptoms, low fever and loss of taste. My wife called our family doctor and he gave her scripts to pick up. To my surprise when my wife came back with them, one of them was Ivermectin(3mg). I guess my question is for Doc, where exactly does this drug stand with the FDA? All that I’ve read or heard is pretty negative on its effectiveness. She is pretty much symptom free now.

I would find a new family doctor. Immediately.

#25368 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ugh. Dealing with a sick kid and now you have to doctor shop on top of it?

Quoted from Oaken:

Anti vax pro horse paste advocate gets covid, dies. Sadly, these are rapidly becoming “dog bites man” type stories.

Screenshot (resized).pngScreenshot (resized).png

#25369 2 years ago

Move over Ivermectin, radiation is the new miracle cure!

241109012_10159549429127140_4029577712036659367_n (resized).jpg241109012_10159549429127140_4029577712036659367_n (resized).jpg
#25370 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Guess where he performed recently? Hint, it involves lots of motorcycles.

Your mom’s house???

#25371 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My wife called our family doctor and he gave her scripts to pick up. To my surprise when my wife came back with them, one of them was Ivermectin(3mg).

Shhhhhh, don't tell them it's actually been prescribed by real doctors. And don't forget we're all supposed to call it horse paste or dewormer!

Quoted from Jaybird815:

She is pretty much symptom free now.

Congrats! Also, more Science!

#25372 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

[quoted image]

Hahaha!!! Thank you for that.
Where are we with murder hornets?

#25373 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for treatment of COVID. Those physicians who are using it are doing so on an off label basis. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, doctors sometimes use drugs off label, it’s not a red flag in itself.

I still am waiting on large studies of Ivermectin to decide whether it is something I would consider using in my practice. At this time I don’t prescribe it because I don’t feel like I have the data to support using it. Having said that, each physician has their own way of practicing and I don’t denigrate someone else for choosing to use it. The safety profile is good if it is taken as prescribed. Your daughter is young and likely will be fine with or without ivermectin.

#25374 2 years ago

Not

Again, another attempt at avoiding the question.
Hawaii’s Governor relaxed their mask requirement back in May. Even now their own travel site says masks are “recommended” while indoors and not required outdoors.
Once again, no measure against COVID is perfect, especially against a highly contagious delta variant. The different measures work together to reduce the spread.
By the way, Hawaii also has one of the higher vaccination rates in the country, are you going to tell us now that is proof vaccines don’t work either?

Not sure if he's here to troll, or here for the Ratio

... Probably both.

#25375 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

[quoted image]

So I should take 2 and a half chews per session ?

#25377 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Move over Ivermectin, radiation is the new miracle cure!
[quoted image]

Sigh.

facepalm-really.giffacepalm-really.gif

#25378 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

radiation is the new miracle cure!

I can top that:

tonic.giftonic.gif
#25379 2 years ago

I will say this for myself - if my doctor prescribed ivermectin, in the same exact context, I would ask him why (for curiosity sake) and then fill the prescription and take it the way he said to.

I could give a rats ass what FoxNews, CNN, the Times, and especially you guys say about what meds I am supposed to or not supposed to take.

#25380 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would find a new family doctor. Immediately.

Yeah, I was a bit shocked, he apparently emailed a bunch of literature on it to my wife, which I just found about. Basically leaving it up to us to decide whether or not to give it to her. He did tell her that he’s seen mixed results with it, but with no one having an adverse reaction to it. Anyways she took the first dose before I got home from work. She was feeling much better the next morning and will not be taking the second dose. It was prescribed to take 5 3mg pills day 1 and then take the other 5 on day 3.

Just for the record I don’t know if the Ivermectin had anything to do with her getting better or being vaccinated and young made it a short duration of illness. Or a combination of the 2.

I had no idea that Drs were prescribing it or that the big pharmacies were stocking it.

And thanks Doc for the response.

#25381 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

30 year old pro "freedom" anti masker dies from Covid, leaves behind pregnant wife and 3 kids!
https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas/2021/08/30/texas-man-who-worked-against-covid-measures-dies-from-virus/

The 4 stages of COVID denial:

1. It's a hoax.

2. Don't be a sheep.

3. Prayers needed.

4. Visit our GoFundMe.

#25382 2 years ago

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA for treatment of COVID.

However it is approved by the courts (yes, welcome to crazy town):

https://www.cleveland19.com/app/2021/08/30/judge-orders-cincy-area-hospital-treat-covid-19-patient-with-ivermectin-despite-warnings/

In a NUTShell, his wife found it online as a cure, sued to order the doctors to give it, and now there is a court order for them to administer a dewormer for horses to someone quite sick with Covid. I want to insert a snippy comment, but if he lives they will say it’s the horse dewormer, and if he dies, they will say the delay getting the court order didn’t allow him to get the horse dewormer in time, so they will sue for wrongful death (opinion).

#25383 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So I should take 2 and a half chews per session ?

I was wondering what flavor they are. If they taste like calf liver, I'm out

#25384 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

so they will sue for wrongful death (opinion).

Everything else, yes.

Quoted from DaveH:

so they will sue for wrongful death (opinion).

But I don't think the hospital can be sued since the drug is not approved for Covid.

#25385 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah, I was a bit shocked, he apparently emailed a bunch of literature on it to my wife, which I just found about. Basically leaving it up to us to decide whether or not to give it to her. He did tell her that he’s seen mixed results with it, but with no one having an adverse reaction to it. Anyways she took the first dose before I got home from work. She was feeling much better the next morning and will not be taking the second dose. It was prescribed to take 5 3mg pills day 1 and then take the other 5 on day 3.
Just for the record I don’t know if the Ivermectin had anything to do with her getting better or being vaccinated and young made it a short duration of illness. Or a combination of the 2.
I had no idea that Drs were prescribing it or that the big pharmacies were stocking it.
And thanks Doc for the response.

You’re welcome. If she only took one dose it is unlikely that the ivermectin is the reason she is feeling better. Pharmacodynamics dictate that usually several doses are needed before reaching therapeutic levels of a drug.

More likely that she is just getting better on her own.

Alternatively you could probably go on YouTube with another miracle cure story and get 100,000 views. I kid…sorta…

#25386 2 years ago

I haven’t dipped into this thread in a while. Totally impressed that PantherCityPins is still holding down the fort and explaining everything with patience. Kudos.

#25387 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I was wondering what flavor they are. If they taste like calf liver, I'm out
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"70e2c5d633b131c552c916487ce125e0136e8c5d-1630360128-1800"};
//]]>

Spicey rum flavor for me

#25388 2 years ago

You’re welcome. If she only took one dose it is unlikely that the ivermectin is the reason she is feeling better. Pharmacodynamics dictate that usually several doses are needed before reaching therapeutic levels.
More likely that she is just getting better on her own.
Alternatively you could probably go on YouTube with another miracle cure story and get 100,000 views. I kid…sorta…

Is there other uses for Ivermectin on humans? I just found it odd that pharmacies stock it, or is that just now because of Covid?

To be honest, I wasn’t worried about side effects with it. It’s not like I went to Tractor Supply to get it for her and gave her a dose for a 1000 lb animal. She is doing much better and that’s all that really matters.

#25389 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I haven’t dipped into this thread in a while. Totally impressed that Pinball_Gizzard is still holding down the fort and explaining everything with patience. Kudos.

True...especially when I was going to ask if a fart expunged covid ?

#25390 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is their other uses for Ivermectin on humans? I just found it odd that pharmacies stock it, or is that just now because of Covid?

It's used for treating rosacea, my friend has been using it for the past year and it cleared up her skin alot.

#25392 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is their other uses for Ivermectin on humans? I just found it odd that pharmacies stock it, or is that just now because of Covid?
To be honest, I wasn’t worried about side effects with it. It’s not like I went to Tractor Supply to get it for her and gave her a dose for a 1000 lb animal. She is doing much better and that’s all that really matters.

Ivermectin is used in humans to treat roundworms and other parasites which are fairly uncommon here but you do see people come back from travel overseas from time to time. I've never prescribed it personally.

Ivermectin cream also has some uses for different rashes, again I've never used it before.

I would bet that pharmacies are stocking it more than before due to COVID.

#25393 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm not trying answer for Doc.

A Google search brought this up.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.59.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.59.20 PM (resized).png

https://today.tamu.edu/2021/08/27/texas-am-expert-warns-against-using-ivermectin-to-treat-covid-19/

"Dr. Gerald Parker, associate dean in the Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, cautions that it is dangerous to take Ivermectin products designed for animals as a treatment for COVID-19, and that it should only be used by a person if prescribed by their doctor.

“Ivermectin is approved for use in people, but only in the case of very specific parasitic diseases,” he said. “The products meant for animals have different ingredients and have a larger concentration of the active ingredient that could be dangerous to a human.”

more at the link.
======================================

It is a good guess the self-medicators are hitting the veterinary shops.

#25394 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Anti-parasitic so…good for parasitic infections. Think head lice, river blindness (horrible parasite from tropical black fly bites…basically non existent in the States), intestinal worms, etc…

Fantastic drug for very specific ailments.

#25395 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is there other uses for Ivermectin on humans?

Absolutely. Its use is common in Africa where people don’t have access to treated drinking water. It’s used to treat worms that they pick up from the river water. Its an essential drug. Just not for COVID-19.

#25397 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Dude needs hospital care for a treatable problem and a search for an ICU hospital bed looked across 5 states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Colorado produced no results. No beds. 5 states. The guy died.
But as you listen to the grieving mother, there were beds available but a shortage of staff ( I assume the staff shortage was in her local hospital but it is not clear).
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/08/30/daniel-wilkinson-us-army-veteran-dies-treatable-illness-icu-texas-keilar-newday-ldn-vpx.cnn

As a Veteran, I would have thought he'd be treated at a VA hospital. But maybe he wasn't enrolled in the system. Not every Veteran is, even though most are eligible. From what I've seen, the VA hospitals seem to be less full than normal since the start of the pandemic.

#25399 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

As a Veteran, I would have thought he'd be treated at a VA hospital. But maybe he wasn't enrolled in the system. Not every Veteran is, even though most are eligible. From what I've seen, the VA hospitals seem to be less full than normal since the start of the pandemic.

If you watch the video his widow starts talking VA near the end. But I would have to watch it again to really understand how the VA finally got involved and why it was not contacted first.

I live one mile from Dole Regional VA Medical Center. They locked that placed down tight when Covid started. Now, you walk in, someone takes your temp and asks the usual questions and makes sure you are wearing a mask. For Specialist type work, the VA works with city doctors. But I don't they are doing anything unless it is absolutely necessary.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 508 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/508?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.