272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 500 of 576.
#24950 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

That is good info, not sure what mask to buy now either.

I thought N95 was the go to?

What does the doc say?

PantherCityPins

#24952 2 years ago

I feel like crying ..we are at war with a silent killer....just great. Please cheer me up.

#24953 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I thought N95 was the go to?
What does the doc say?
Pinball_Gizzard

Official pinside doctor I.m.o. .great respect to you Doc.

#24954 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I'm looking for a mask recommendation. When required, I've been using the disposable multi-layer "surgical" masks, but want to switch to something that adds more protection for me. I prefer ear loops so I think that eliminates true N95 masks and I don't think I need that level of protection. I'd prefer it come from a trusted manufacturer.
Are there masks with good breathability that still provide robust protection?
Please don't turn this into an anti-mask debate.
P.S. Searching Amazon turns up lots of questionable masks, including some touted as M95i. I haven't heard of that and believe it's just a made-up designation to confuse us shoppers. Lutema is an example manufacturer that shows up on the CDC list:
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/usernotices/counterfeitResp.html

I can tell you the KN95s are not as good a a true N95, but they are better than a cheap surgical mask and more comfortable than an N95. We're in Florida and so far none of us have been infected. We mingle amongst the unmasked masses every day.

#24955 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I'm looking for a mask recommendation. When required, I've been using the disposable multi-layer "surgical" masks, but want to switch to something that adds more protection for me. I prefer ear loops so I think that eliminates true N95 masks and I don't think I need that level of protection. I'd prefer it come from a trusted manufacturer.
P.S. Searching Amazon turns up lots of questionable masks, including some touted as M95i. I haven't heard of that and believe it's just a made-up designation to confuse us shoppers. Lutema is an example manufacturer that shows up on the CDC list:

The best mask to protect yourself would be an n-95. The surgical masks don’t do much to protect you if the virus is already airborne, they are more to catch respiratory droplets that you may expel if you are infected and asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic. The bad news about n95s are they do restrict airflow more which can be a bit stifling after a while. The kn95s aren’t as good as n95 but are more comfortable to wear for extended time periods.

We wear surgical masks every day here for routine patient visits.

When I go into a room with a suspect COVID patient I wear n95, eye protection, gloves and a disposable gown. Haven’t gotten COVID yet (knock on wood).

#24956 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I can tell you the KN95s are not as good a a true N95, but they are better than a cheap surgical mask and more comfortable than an N95. We're in Florida and so far none of us have been infected. We mingle amongst the unmasked masses every day.

I've been using Powecom KN95s (these were FDA-authorized for emergency use during the N95 shortage). Purchased from bonafidemasks.com, which has a good reputation for selling legit product. They're available with both ear loops or around-the-head. As soon as you put one on you can feel the difference vs. a surgical or cloth mask. I'm sure it's not as good as a properly fitted N95 (you can still smell smells, which I'm told you can't if your N95 is fitted) but it's less than half the price and from what I've read is likely good enough for non-medical uses.

#24957 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Please cheer me up.

A blast from the past but still a good read: http://dhmo.org/facts.html

i.e. A substance used in nearly all common products up to and including nuclear reactors. Everyone exposed to it eventually dies.

#24958 2 years ago

My antivax Brother from another state just called to say hes coming near me and wants to visit.Hes a trucker no vac.I want to see him as I rarely get a chance but I may have to say no thanks.Any thoughts

#24959 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

My antivax Brother from another state just called to say hes coming near me and wants to visit.Hes a trucker no vac.I want to see him as I rarely get a chance but I may have to say no thanks.Any thoughts

You could tell him ok as long as he wears a mask during his entire visit.

This will likely enrage him and he'll decline to come visit, but it's worth a shot, and at least puts the ball in his court.

#24960 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

A blast from the past but still a good read: http://dhmo.org/facts.html
i.e. A substance used in nearly all common products up to and including nuclear reactors. Everyone exposed to it eventually dies.

Yup that did it thanks!

#24961 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Outdoors and stay a fair distance apart. Unvaxxed aren't coming in my house these days. Sorry, not sorry.

#24962 2 years ago

Meet somewhere outside and keep your distance. I don't think we can stop living our lives over this. We just need to be a little more careful. I wouldn't miss a chance to see a sibling. Just an opinion from a pinball guy on pinball website on a thread about a pandemic!!

Quoted from Jamesays:

#24963 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The best mask to protect yourself would be an n-95. The surgical masks don’t do much to protect you if the virus is already airborne, they are more to catch respiratory droplets that you may expel if you are infected and asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic. The bad news about n95s are they do restrict airflow more which can be a bit stifling after a while. The kn95s aren’t as good as n95 but are more comfortable to wear for extended time periods.
When I go into a room with a suspect COVID patient I wear n95, eye protection, gloves and a disposable gown. Haven’t gotten COVID yet (knock on wood).

Do you recommend wearing gloves when sorting through the produce section at the grocery store? How many hands have touched those top apples before yours ?

#24964 2 years ago

Maybe this will appeal to some common sense? Maybe not.
Today in the Washington Post they reported that FDA and CDC officials (the same guys that run the VAERS program) are looking into reports of increased frequency of heart inflammation in patients who received Moderna vaccines, seems to be mostly under the age of 30. This was based on a recent study out of Canada.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/19/moderna-vaccine-myocarditis/
So, let me get this straight. The FDA and CDC are investigating reports of heart inflammation and the Washington Post got ahold of that info and published an article today that made the front page of my Google News feed; yet at the same time they are somehow covering up the deaths of thousands of people from the very same vaccines and the press says nothing????? Mmmmkay.

Thousands of people killed by the vaccine? Source? (Facebook is not a source)

#24965 2 years ago

A vented N95 with a surgical-style barrier mask over it is best of both worlds. Much more comfortable breathing and you're filtering your outgoing air with the barrier mask so it's not potentially infecting others if you're asymptomatic. This is a very comfortable combination.

#24966 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Easy no. Facetime and zoom until he can safely see you in person or wakes up and gets vaccinated. We've turned away friends we haven't seen in forever that were traveling and wanted to see us because they were unvaccinated. In one case we dodged a bullet because it turned out they had COVID and started showing symptoms right after they were in town and wanted to see us.

You can only NOT get COVID once. Stay vigilant.

#24967 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Tell him you would really like to but something suddenly came up.

#24968 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I'm using 3M vented N95s with a surgical-style barrier mask over it (costco has 50 packs of some really well-made ones). The 3M N95 is actually more comfortable than the surgical-style mask. I have a chafed part at the bottom back of each ear from the 18+ months of ear-loop barrier mask wearing. Nothing from the 3M N95 on the back of my neck or top of my head. I cleaned out walmart of these back in Jan 2020, so I'm not sure who even has them in stock, but vented is the way to go for breathing comfort, but you have to wear a barrier mask over it for protection for others because you could be venting infected air if you're asymptomatic.

EDIT: It appears they're in stock for ordering again. Get 'em before this next wave takes off:

This:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Lawn-Garden-Valved-Respirator-2-Each-Pack/330430344

Or this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-8511PA1-2A-Paint-Sanding-Respirator-with-Cool-Flow-Valve-Pack-of-2/21095134

#24969 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You could ask him to be tested before he comes and sees you. That might give you more peace of mind.

#24970 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

My vote would be that you should see your brother. Since you rarely get to see him, you may regret not doing so if something unfortunate were to happen. Hopefully, his anti-vax stance doesn't bite him in the ass. If you're vaccinated, biggest risk would be you shedding it to others IF he has the virus and IF you also get it. Lot's of if's in that last sentence, that's why my vote is for you to see your brother.

#24972 2 years ago

You could ask him to be tested before he comes and sees you. That might give you more peace of mind.

But not with a rapid test. Up to 40% false negative with the rapid tests is the reason you see all those infected hollywood types that were relying on it so they could interact daily without masks. They thought they were all clear, and they were actually infecting others. You could do three rapid tests in a row and get a false negative three times in a row while infected.

PCR is the reliable test, but it takes much longer to get results - a day, to days or even a week, depending on where you are and how busy the lab is, which in the interim you can still be infected if you're careless which would make you negative when you took the test, but positive by the time the (accurate for the time the sample was taken) results come in.

#24973 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just do the same thing my brother and I do:
Hey you got covid?
“No”
Me either
(Hug)

#24974 2 years ago

Remember that Tennessee school district awhile back where the parents threatened the med professionals for recommending masking?

Today’s district update:

“ Fairview Middle to be closed tomorrow because of COVID cases (187 of 560 students, 23 of 77 faculty). ”

#24975 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Meet him outside and keep a distance. Outdoor lunch somewhere.

#24976 2 years ago

Thanks for the input.I think I will do the outside lunch from a distance and mask up.My 1st thoughts were hell no.

#24977 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

If your vaccine works then why wouldn't you see him?

#24978 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Wearing masks and outdoor activities should be an acceptable middle ground. We were social with people a little under those circumstances. I would provide the mask so no one shows up with a bandana.

#24981 2 years ago

It’s pretty straightforward if you read past the headlines.

Liquid O2 is used to treat waster water. The more water you use the more needs to be treated. The more you treat the more liquid O2 you need. The more liquid O2 you use the less there is for hospital use.

So if you use less water there will be more O2 available for hospitals.

#24982 2 years ago

Yup, Orlandos Hospitals and Staff are suffering.
but shhhh dont tell anyone in the Disney thread.

#24983 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

The vaccine is a strong hedge against being sick enough to be hospitalized or dying. That's it. It is not a big barrier to getting infected in the era of much stronger India/Delta variant. You can still be infected, and because you have the vaccine, be asymptomatic and infecting others unknowingly, sickening or killing the unvaccinated morons. So that's why it's still prudent to wear a mask, even after vaccination. You're protecting yourself, and more importantly, protecting others in case you're infected and don't know it because you were vaccinated and show no symptoms.

#24984 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Read the last 10 pages.

#24985 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thousands of people killed by the vaccine? Source? (Facebook is not a source)

Scroll up a few pages and read the conversation. Then you’ll understand.

#24986 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Remember that Tennessee school district awhile back where the parents threatened the med professionals for recommending masking?
Today’s district update:
“ Fairview Middle to be closed tomorrow because of COVID cases (187 of 560 students, 23 of 77 faculty). ”

If only there was a way to know this would happen before it happened. Oh well.

#24987 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

My concern on this would be if He is carrying Delta or newer do I want to risk getting the new variant.Even if I dont need to go to the hospital it still something I dont need.I had it before and if this is worse I am out.My Family would all get it from me,hmmmmm

#24988 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

"I'm just asking questions!"

#24989 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

pajamakid (resized).jpegpajamakid (resized).jpeg
#24990 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Now your just trolling.

Maybe because:

1. It is an extra layer of protection.
2. Even when vaccinated, it appears that you can be infected (delta strain) and potentially affect others who are not vaccinated. You may not get sick and/or die but you could pass it on to unvaccinated people (like young children).
3. You actually care about people other than yourself.

Do you turn your airbags off because you wear a seat-belt or do you enjoy the extra security of the added safety features?

Getting vaccinated and/or wearing a mask is a very small act and hardly more than a very minor inconvenience. So why not?

#24991 2 years ago

The hospital network in my hometown (Southern IN) just posted this on FB. The comments are about what you would expect. Lots of "just asking questions" and equivocation. Lots of "but how many had underlying conditions?!?!" Even in the face of hard data too many folks refuse to accept reality.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24993 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It’s pretty straightforward if you read past the headlines.
Liquid O2 is used to treat waster water. The more water you use the more needs to be treated. The more you treat the more liquid O2 you need. The more liquid O2 you use the less there is for hospital use.
So if you use less water there will be more O2 available for hospitals.

Yes. I was not having any problems understanding the article, but it is hard to understand the ignorance that is causing such a need for so much oxygen in the hospitals which in turn is causing a water shortage.

#24994 2 years ago

Awesome.

So how shall the goalposts be moved next?

#24996 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Awesome.

Just one less excuse of many they can use.

#24997 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210820-185732 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210820-185732 (resized).png
#24998 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Awesome.

They rushed it…

#24999 2 years ago

Guarantee after FDA approval the meme will shift to “it’s not real FDA approval, it was rushed and pushed through by the gubmint. I don’t trust the FDA.”

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 500 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/500?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.