272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 576.
#24550 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

My point was you could vax the entire planet, it ain't stopping covid friend.

True. Just like even if we have mandatory seatbelts and airbags in cars, they arent stopping traffic deaths. But still they are regarded as a good and lifesaving idea.

#24551 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I didn't write the article... Hard to ascertain the truth these days it seems.

Obviously you didn't write it but did you even read it? Its not difficult to ascertain the truth at all but you seeked out 1 or 2 news sources to validate your position and posted it. Why post some rando Yahoo/Social Media/Youtube source that's written incoherently by someone with severe dyslexia?

Not trying to put you down. My point is there are other countries (Russia, China and Iran) that are tainting the news from these sources to misinform, manipulate and confuse people on Covid and the Vaccines. They "Cat-Phish" or pretend to be Americans on social media to say dumb things like vaccines will turn you into Zombies like in "I am Legend". Sound dumb? It is but that's the latest garbage circulating. Before it was vaccines will alter your DNA, make you grow a tail or will be able to track you using 5G technology. It sounds conspiracy'ish but its happening on a large scale.

#24552 2 years ago

I give up. I now know there is nothing I can say or do to educate or convince you. I just hope that the same isn’t true for others reading along.

I imagine you feel the same about me.

I truly hope your decisions only affect you, but I fear the opposite.

#24553 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

"

Being vaccinated reduces your ability to contract it by 95%. It could be mitigated to the point where no one gets it.

#24554 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

The entire point of a vaccine is to inoculate people against the virus by either preventing infection entirely or rendering it harmless enough so as not to cause people to end up in the hospital (or worse) because of it.

I really don't see any drawbacks to encouraging people to get vaccinated. It really is in everyone's best interests.

Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Hard to ascertain the truth these days it seems.

Probably harder to find something support feelings & incorrect beliefs with actual verifiable data and proof.

#24555 2 years ago

It’s easier than ever to ascertain the truth.

It’s also easier than ever to drown yourself in a world of bullshit.

The choice is yours.

#24556 2 years ago

Chinese media made up a Swiss scientist called 'Wilson Edwards', including creating a fake Facebook page 2 weeks ago, so they could quote him to discredit the Wuhan lab leak hypothesis. This 'scientist' has apparently been all over Chinese State media criticising the US. Extremely amusing case of State propaganda fail.

To make it even more comical, commie HQ then deleted all mentions of Mr Edwards (great Swiss name, not), but then claimed he used a nom de plume to hide his identity from the Americans. So, um, why delete his name then? Wonderful to see the CCP repeatedly losing face in such a crass, incompetent, laughable manner. Even the Chinese are having a great time laughing their asses off at the CCP on Weibo etc. Marvellous. The CCP deletion machine is going to have to go into overdrive this weekend to keep on digging that big old hole for themselves.

Also begs the question why would the CCP go to such extremes to discredit the Wuhan lab leak hypothesis? Also, why should we trust a word the CCP says ever again (not that we did)?

"Chinese state media caught inventing a Swiss biologist who blamed America for Covid-19 origin lies"
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/chinese-state-media-caught-inventing-a-swiss-biologist-who-blamed-america-for-covid-origin-lies/news-story/52a3ecc2a7c89b46480d84cb40627632

"China: Swiss embassy urges media to remove scientist fake news"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-58168588

"Chinese media in fake news claims over Swiss scientist critical of US"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/11/chinese-media-fake-news-claims-swiss-scientist-wilson-edwards-critical-of-us

There's a Washington Post link too, but they have a paywall sadly.

Lots more detail here:

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/08/11/likely-fake-news-china-state-media-erases-references-to-swiss-biologist-after-embassy-says-no-such-person-exists/

I've added some screengrabs from the latter article here, given what the CCP does to people in HK.
POWERPNT_PPdZOrT1Eu-1050x572 (resized).jpgPOWERPNT_PPdZOrT1Eu-1050x572 (resized).jpg
hkfp_2021-08-11_11-55-21 (resized).jpghkfp_2021-08-11_11-55-21 (resized).jpg

Poor Wilson doesn't seem to have many friends, although I guess he hasn't had that Twitter account very long

Oh, and the CCP has done this before (ref the HK article):

"In April, a CGTN article written by a French journalist by the name of Laurene Beaumond disputed reports of mass human rights abuses against Uighur muslims and other ethnic minorities in China’s Xinjiang region. Beaumond had allegedly lived in the region for years.

French paper Le Monde later ran an article saying that no French reporter by that name existed. In response, the Global Times published a piece asserting that the journalist was a real person who was using a pseudonym, and demanded the other paper apologise".

Keep on digging that hole, CCP.

#24557 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm not interpreting anything wrong. Are you?

I think it's time to stop claiming you are Trekkie.

#24558 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

My point is but there are other countries (Russia, China and Iran) that are tainting the news from these sources to misinform, manipulate and confuse people on Covid and the Vaccines

You missed USA from that list of countries

#24559 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Whatever. Take a statistics class. Learn how to read data.

If everyone did that, the people who want to lockdown would realize they are wrong. And the people who are anti-vaccines would realize they are wrong.

#24560 2 years ago

SCOTUS:

Justice Amy Barrett, a Trump appointee, has ruled that Indiana University’s vaccine mandates can stand.

If you are going to attend IU, you will either be vaccinated or be tested weekly.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/12/politics/supreme-court-indiana-university-vaccine-mandate/index.html

"Justice Amy Coney Barrett declined a request to block Indiana University’s vaccine mandate, signaling that similar policies going into effect amid a Covid-19 surge could pass legal muster."

#24561 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

True. Just like even if we have mandatory seatbelts and airbags in cars, they arent stopping traffic deaths. But still they are regarded as a good and lifesaving idea.

they are stopping deaths its just not 100% they saved me.

#24562 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The needs outweigh?... Always been more of a Dr. Who guy personally.

#24564 2 years ago

Retired Professor Tracy with rapid fire responses to vaccine misinformation.

Provides a bit of levity (at least for me) during these trying times.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tundeolaniran/status/1425097018666532880

#24565 2 years ago

"4 Broward County, Florida, educators died within about 24 hours from Covid-19 complications"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/us/broward-county-florida-covid-deaths/index.html

" The week before classes begin, four educators in Broward County, Florida, have died within about 24 hours of each other from Covid-19 related complications, local education officials said.

"Three teachers and a teaching assistant died from Covid-19-related complications within the span between Monday night and Wednesday morning, the president of the Broward Teachers Union, Anna Fusco, told CNN."

"At least three of the educators were unvaccinated, Fusco told CNN affiliate WFOR. "

'The vaccination status of the fourth wasn't immediately known."

#24566 2 years ago

Dang, Phil-Lee, it is just a little ol' video. Of some cantankerous old fart who thinks he knows more than just about anybody. Why so touchy? Please tell that this is not you in that video

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2021/08/12/trump-supporter-covid-19-vaccination-south-dakota-donie-o-sullivan-ac-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/business-media/

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.22.46 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.22.46 AM (resized).png
#24567 2 years ago

I wanted to share a link with anyone who might be involved in personal medical research.
I want to share that I have nothing but respect and gratitude to anyone and everyone in the medical field,
but sometimes what people might need, isnt coming from the US medical playbook.

Everyone can see the isles of jars of supplements and pills that line our stores shelves.
Too often, we go to the Doc, and simply await the "Take a pill" answer.
We listen, we ignore, but we seem to spend more time researching LEDs or a MOD, to get educated than we do our health.

For myself, just diagnosed with Small Vessel Disease, which can effect any organ, and can be caused by Covid, or any unknown Pathogen.
Google/US Medical searches dont help at all.

So, over the last dozen years, I have found therapy from Prescription Drugs used for 80 years around the world, that are sold OTC.
They fall under the category of Proteolytic Enzyme Therapy. There is minimal on its usage US based. It falls under Holistic, and often
is looked at as added to those that want to use Quartz crystals for healing....it gets dismissed.

For others, this is a link to global medical studies, to see how other countries tackle medical issues.
Their are many Caveats, of course, Diet, environmental, genetics, but if you can wade through this, some might find help
as I did to save a life, or improve a condition.

Look up things like Mircroplastics, Covid research from around the Globe, Homeopathic treatments, like Natto, used for at least 1200 years.

Of course, be prudent, Always check with your doctor, and READ.

For me, and family, I know and see how much recovery, reversal, and changes in quality of life, have come from this research,
If it helps one person only, its good.

https://ma.x-mol.com/paper/search/q?selectSearchType=0&option=lumbrokinase

#24568 2 years ago

This is from my local news channel: But it's already been reported by all the big outlets

3 Broward county teachers dead +1 female volunteer from Covid in the last couple of days

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/13/4-broward-educators-with-covid-die-within-2-days-as-school-year-nears/

#24569 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Chinese media made up a Swiss scientist called 'Wilson Edwards', including creating a fake Facebook page 2 weeks ago, so they could quote him to discredit the Wuhan lab leak hypothesis. This 'scientist' has apparently been all over Chinese State media criticising the US. Extremely amusing case of State propaganda fail.
To make it even more comical, commie HQ then deleted all mentions of Mr Edwards (great Swiss name, not), but then claimed he used a nom de plume to hide his identity from the Americans. So, um, why delete his name then? Wonderful to see the CCP repeatedly losing face in such a crass, incompetent, laughable manner. Even the Chinese are having a great time laughing their asses off at the CCP on Weibo etc. Marvellous. The CCP deletion machine is going to have to go into overdrive this weekend to keep on digging that big old hole for themselves.
Also begs the question why would the CCP go to such extremes to discredit the Wuhan lab leak hypothesis? Also, why should we trust a word the CCP says ever again (not that we did)?
"Chinese state media caught inventing a Swiss biologist who blamed America for Covid-19 origin lies"
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/chinese-state-media-caught-inventing-a-swiss-biologist-who-blamed-america-for-covid-origin-lies/news-story/52a3ecc2a7c89b46480d84cb40627632
"China: Swiss embassy urges media to remove scientist fake news"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-58168588
"Chinese media in fake news claims over Swiss scientist critical of US"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/11/chinese-media-fake-news-claims-swiss-scientist-wilson-edwards-critical-of-us
There's a Washington Post link too, but they have a paywall sadly.
Lots more detail here:
https://hongkongfp.com/2021/08/11/likely-fake-news-china-state-media-erases-references-to-swiss-biologist-after-embassy-says-no-such-person-exists/
I've added some screengrabs from the latter article here, given what the CCP does to people in HK.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Poor Wilson doesn't seem to have many friends, although I guess he hasn't had that Twitter account very long
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e7d03521fcd559169ce1cfcad6f4e32f9e1256de-1628875266-1800"};
//]]>

Oh, and the CCP has done this before (ref the HK article):
"In April, a CGTN article written by a French journalist by the name of Laurene Beaumond disputed reports of mass human rights abuses against Uighur muslims and other ethnic minorities in China’s Xinjiang region. Beaumond had allegedly lived in the region for years.
French paper Le Monde later ran an article saying that no French reporter by that name existed. In response, the Global Times published a piece asserting that the journalist was a real person who was using a pseudonym, and demanded the other paper apologise".
Keep on digging that hole, CCP.

My honest opinion is the CCP is the modern day version of the Nazi & Communist parties twisted together into some discombulated propaganda machine and evolving brutal dictatorship. This is just crazy spin and propaganda unrivaled since Josef Goebbels 80 years ago.

Do they really think they are fooling anyone? I can only guess their hope is they can somehow convince enough of Africa, the 3rd world, and western hating countries to deflect the damage this virus has inflicted on the world. At least enough to save some face and not become even more of the dart board of the entire world.

#24570 2 years ago

Just in case anyone is wondering about the guidance for a booster shot from the CDC. We discussed this at our weekly COVID teleconference today and the guidance is for a booster shot for those with immune compromise comparable to a solid organ transplant patient. Now that’s a little nebulous and open to interpretation but I would take that to mean anyone who is on chronic steroids or other immunosuppressant drugs. Just my $.02, as I have said multiple times before; talk to your doctor!

#24571 2 years ago

God help ya if you are an educator, especially if your governor has chosen to politicize this shi*....

Four educators dead from Covid (in one county) and the kids haven't even started school yet.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/us/broward-county-florida-covid-deaths/index.html

Parent knowingly sent Covid Positive Student to school. There's going to be a lot more of this.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2021/08/11/parent-wcsd-middle-schooler-sent-child-school-covid-19/8101021002/

#24572 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is from my local news channel: But it's already been reported by all the big outlets
3 Broward county teachers dead +1 female volunteer from Covid in the last couple of days
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/13/4-broward-educators-with-covid-die-within-2-days-as-school-year-nears/

At least 3 were unvaccinated

#24573 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

"More than 80 students were potentially exposed to Covid-19 on the first day of class in Reno, Nevada, on Monday after a parent sent their child to Marce Herz Middle School, despite both the parent and child receiving a positive Covid-19 test just two days earlier, Washoe County Health District officials said."

I wonder if there will be a follow up to this story. I for one would be interested in knowing how many of those 80 test positive, what % show symptoms and what % get seriously sick/hospitalized.

That parent is a moron but maybe we learn something here.

#24575 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Whatever. Take a statistics class. Learn how to read data.
If everyone did that, the people who want to lockdown would realize they are wrong. And the people who are anti-vaccines would realize they are wrong.

Is there anyone here advocating for a lockdown? I must have missed it.

#24576 2 years ago

What was the health status of the 4 teachers in Florida?

Were the young and healthy? Old and issues?

#24577 2 years ago

I can’t say it any better than VUMC.

CB9934F1-4D0C-4E8F-8DF5-25FE9EAF174C (resized).jpegCB9934F1-4D0C-4E8F-8DF5-25FE9EAF174C (resized).jpeg
#24578 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

All under 50 according to the article.

#24579 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

...its all good. Everything is fine! You are going to be just fine . Those people were much more.... whatever....you are a COMPLETELY different situation.
You do not have a thing to worry about. PLAN dumb ic....em I right?

But seriously .....like I said....if you want to see a concert get vaxxed!

Or you can get a refund ...and stay home.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-nation-will-require-vaccines-or-negative-covid-tests-artists-n1276812

#24580 2 years ago

Ha. Why even bother, Trekkie1978 - they’ve decided you are the enemy so even if you say you are not anti-vaxx… they won’t hear it. There can be no nuance to your views.

#24581 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I didn't write the article... Hard to ascertain the truth these days it seems.

Well let’s see if we can ascertain some truth about it. A highly contagious respiratory virus is actively getting people sick. We have a miraculous vaccine that does very well, and gives you a much better outcome if you catch this virus. We unfortunately have a variant that has about 1000 times the viral load, which makes the vaccinated able to spread it if they catch it. Masks (physical barriers) used correctly help a lot. If you wear one, you’re less likely to get sick. If everybody wears one, everyone is less likely to get sick. If you are around someone who has this virus for a long time in an enclosed space, you will catch it, mask or not. Distance makes it harder to spread. Not being around people makes it even harder to spread. It can be asymptotic, or can make you sick, very sick, or kill you. It’s a good idea to do everything you can to not catch it. The only person you can rely on to protect you is you.

Well that wasn’t hard at all. In fact, it was almost simple. It seems that this highly contagious virus acts just like a contagious virus.

#24582 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Unvaccinated and stupid

#24583 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Ha. Why even bother, Trekkie1978 - they’ve decided you are the enemy so even if you say you are not anti-vaxx… they won’t hear it. There can be no nuance to your views.

Huh? The difference is between people that believe in science, data and truly want to limit the sickness, deaths, and economic impact of the virus vs. people that think their own personal freedom is more important than the health and success of their community and country. It's a patriotism vs. libertarianism. No one is the enemy, some people care about the bigger picture and some people just care about themselves, that's always been the case in America.

#24584 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Hey, will someone read the article for me that they linked to and confirm all my suspicions are wrong because I'm too lazy to read the article?

#24585 2 years ago
#24587 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Hey, will someone read the article for me that they linked to and confirm all my suspicions are wrong because I'm too lazy to read the article?

See, there’s one really major thing missing in the headlines. Remember, everyone posting it is blaming no masks in schools for the 4 teachers.

https://www.browardschools.com/cms/lib/FL01803656/Centricity/Domain/4/2021-22%20School%20Calendar%20color%20FINAL.pdf

School has been out since June 9 and doesn’t start back up until August 18.

Context means a hell of a lot, don’t some of you think?

Can we all agree that these 4 teachers had absolutely nothing to do with children not wearing masks in school? Seriously, why is the news going out of their way to insinuate they caught this at school in the headlines…..

#24588 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I really do hate that question. The real question is, “would they be alive today if they hadn’t caught Coronavirus”. That’s usually pretty easy to answer with a yes.

#24589 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Huh? The difference is between people that believe in science, data and truly want to limit the sickness, deaths, and economic impact of the virus vs. people that think their own personal freedom is more important than the health and success of their community and country. It's a patriotism vs. libertarianism. No one is the enemy, some people care about the bigger picture and some people just care about themselves, that's always been the case in America.

You’ve just made my exact point - thank you.

#24590 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I really do hate that question. The real question is, “would they be alive today if they hadn’t caught Coronavirus”. That’s usually pretty easy to answer with a yes.

Um....what? Do you seriously not get the point he is making that I also made above that this "story" is framed around the fact that they are teachers to put fear into parents and teachers and bring fury on anyone that doesn't want a mask mandate in schools?

"Person dies from Covid" is news? No. This headline is "schools are opening next week and teachers and your children will die because of a moron governor " which is what they want everyone to read but it's not what the reality of the situation suggests.

#24591 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you are around someone who has this virus for a long time in an enclosed space, you will catch it, mask or not.

But will you die? If the goal now is to "never get sick" then regardless of vaccination we will be wearing masks indoors for the rest of our lives.

Thats why I am really interested in hearing what happens to those 80 people/kids exposed to that kid with covid that his moron mother sent to school. I am pretty sure if no one is seriously affected we will never know.

#24592 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We know 3 of them were not vaccinated.

What’s the survival rate for the vaccinated? Something like 99.9999999999999%?

Those 3 dying is 100% on them. Nothing to do with children in schools. It’s all personal responsibility.

#24593 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

See, there’s one really major thing missing in the headlines. Remember, everyone posting it is blaming no masks in schools for the 4 teachers.
https://www.browardschools.com/cms/lib/FL01803656/Centricity/Domain/4/2021-22%20School%20Calendar%20color%20FINAL.pdf
Can we all agree that these 4 teachers had absolutely nothing to do with children not wearing masks in school? Seriously, why is the news going out of their was to insinuate they caught this at school in the headlines…..

Me thinks you leap to conclusions.

Did you even read the headline? It says nothing about their deaths being due to kids without masks. In fact the very first line of the article says “a week before school is set to begin, four educators…”. Not only that, the article itself mainly talks about vaccination and doesn’t even mention masks in schools until the end of the article. Even then it says the school board had voted to require masks in defiance of the governors order so what’s your point??

You say “everyone posting it is blaming no masks in schools for the four teachers.” In fact McLovin (who posted the article) doesn’t mention masks AT ALL in his post and neither does ANYONE else responding to that post except YOU. It’s really laughable if it weren’t so frustrating.

Death from COVID usually takes several weeks from diagnosis. So these four people probably were diagnosed back in late July or early August.

Seriously, you really need to start actually reading what you are responding to and stop the knee jerk reaction based on your preconceived bias of what MUST be going on.

#24594 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can we all agree that these 4 teachers had absolutely nothing to do with children not wearing masks in school? Seriously, why is the news going out of their was to insinuate they caught this at school in the headlines…..

In a case of classic myopia, you are missing the one important point of this article. In fairness, it was not talked in article.

1) School is getting ready to start back up. Your kids will be in class with..................

" Osgood says it’s likely there are other teachers battling the virus that the district hasn’t yet been made aware of. "

Ok. Let's all go back to school. In some states no masks are allowed. No mandates.

Forget the kids getting the teachers infected.

Do you want your kid in a class room with a teacher spewing forth infected oxygen? School does not have to be in session for a teacher to contract the virus. Do you want to take that chance? With your kid?

#24595 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can we all agree that these 4 teachers had absolutely nothing to do with children not wearing masks in school? Seriously, why is the news going out of their way to insinuate they caught this at school in the headlines…..

You need to get off that Facebook conspiracy group....the headline is not insinuating that, 90% of the people know when the school year starts so I don't think the writer was trying to pull anything. 3 teachers and a school volunteer are dead because they were unvaccinated. Full stop.

your next post should be:
Fb is not a news source
Fb is not a news source
fb is not a news source
fb is not a news source
fb is not a news source x100

#24596 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Educators start working in the schools weeks before the kids start going to school. The virus isn't waiting for the kids to show up. They weren't vaccinated and half the folks I encounter wear a shitty mask poorly, if they are even wearing one at all. It's going to be a dangerous environment for the kids and the teachers. That's the point.

#24597 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

another real question is in 4 days when schools reopen how many kids would they have passed covid to so they can in turn take it home to grandma mom and dad brothers and sisters.

#24598 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The original post mentioned that school hadn’t started yet. It’s even in the headline of the article.

Why are you jumping from “how old where they and were they healthy” to posting school calendars?

#24599 2 years ago

It’s crazy that anyone would die in Florida from Covid with Dr Desantis on the case!

F238F2C6-2BE5-42EA-94ED-057445C6225F (resized).jpegF238F2C6-2BE5-42EA-94ED-057445C6225F (resized).jpeg

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/492 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.