272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 576.
#24000 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:Pants on Fire False.
I recommend using actual infectious disease researchers as your sources instead of self accredited ophthalmologists.

Hate to break it to you, but even the Washington Post is on board with this account now (at least some staff). There is plenty of evidence we trusted them to do the research and be transparent about it. Why, I can’t imagine.

#24001 2 years ago
547B4AE9-083A-40B4-BA8E-7E78A3411217 (resized).jpeg547B4AE9-083A-40B4-BA8E-7E78A3411217 (resized).jpeg
#24002 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Sadly I think this is what all the other anti-vaxers / anti- maskers will have to endure before they come around.
We may be on the Zeta variant before this happens too.

Yep, one of ours lost Grandma to Covid today. They now have their first shot.

Quoted from gambit3113:

So you guys really buy that stupid shit, huh?

I believe the first statement. In times of crisis, those with the means get away from the crisis. Orlando is a popular destination.

#24004 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

And how do you make them do that?

You can't make them obviously, however you make it mandatory or proof of a negative test in the last 24 hours for

All Travel - international and domestic
Dining
Gym
Work places
Schools
Concerts
Hospitals
etc etc

Alternately you give them the option to come, but you charge them 10X the cost, plus make them quarantine as appropriate (of course at their cost)
Perhaps even some additional tax to take care of them as they'll be a drain on the health care system.

#24005 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

OK go back to the quivering with fear group hug, you guys will get through this soon enough.

Nah dude, we aren't quivering in fear, we are manning up for our families, communities and country. Many of us have friends and family that died of Covid because people like you didn't have the moral fortitude and strength to do what was asked of you. It takes barely any effort at all to get a vaccine and wear a mask inside public places, you can totally go about your business and be social in a responsible way. Maybe instead of making fun of people doing their part, you should consider stepping up and doing your part, it's the patriotic thing to do and it will save lives. We are all in this together and the weak link in the chain compromises us all.

#24006 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Any of you still taking trips? (Mr. Bally, I see you, and know you have no issue traveling)
I have a vacation planned that will have me on public transportation and a flight to Colorado. I have tickets for some indoor live music. It's all feeling like a pretty terrible idea right now. I'm vaccinated, and will be wearing n95 masks indoors, but I'm kind of dreading this.

I've only been taking camping and road trips since the pandemic started and haven't seen any live music. I love camping and road trips, so no problem, and I've done some 6-12 people camping trips that all felt comfortable with friends that are all vaccinated and it's all outside. The live music part is killing me, I grew up in the punk and underground music scene publishing zines and magazines and going to live shows constantly. We are starting to have live outdoor shows here at small venues and I'd do that. Heck, a bunch of metal bands just rented a generator and did a show under a freeway bridge, how awesome, the pandemic drives innovation. But I have tickets for a few indoor shows in September and October I'm starting to rethink. And then I have a trip to Miami and Grand Cayman booked for December that now feels up in the air--Grand Cayman may shut back down to tourists and Florida has more Covid cases right now than any time in the pandemic because they are fucking idiots down there. My partner has CF and if their infection rates don't die down dramatically by December, there is no way she can risk it.

#24007 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I believe the first statement. In times of crisis, those with the means get away from the crisis. Orlando is a popular destination

Yup, and family in Covid ICU are burnt out.
14 hour days. Covid patients calling them names for wearing face diapers, yelling its a hoax, asking for a shot when its too late.
They do their jobs, but have given up on ignorance and conspiracy, masquerading as truth.

Did you know?

Meanwhile, I didnt know masks are useless.
Vaccine is useless, unless thanking former POTUS, but then they are useless again.
American children are of no worries, if they get the virus. Only children from the other side of the Rio, are of concern.
Vaccines cause the problems. They are the work of the devil, from a leader here.
A major information source, and our Gov speech from Brown University, uses last years data, and ignores the Delta variance. Its fake.
And finally, my neighbor yesterday shared their Sunday visit, the sermon was against the vaccine.

#24008 2 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Hate to break it to you, but even the Washington Post is on board with this account now (at least some staff). There is plenty of evidence we trusted them to do the research and be transparent about it. Why, I can’t imagine.

Quick Google fu shows me the WaPo consensus still gives it 2, almost 3, pinnochios.

Best I can give ya is a foreign policy reporter writing an opinion piece regurgitating the same talking points with the same experts and the same quotes found elsewhere.

So ok, I will walk back pants on fire. But still mostly false. I might add, especially when used as “you pay for what you get” oversimplified cudgel.

#24009 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Me!?!? You picked the post to equivocate and shoe horn your neat little article into. Yes, I expect you to be able to address the very subject of the post YOU chose to pick out of the litter and respond to with a link to an article. You made variants your issue when you picked a post about variants to try to respond. Not my fault your reading comprehension skills are where they are, pal.

Are you familiar with variants? Here’s a horror show https://www.yahoo.com/news/virus-used-world-longest-covid-154818412.html

One could argue, any positive individual being transported with others in buses could generate variants. If releasing positive “illegals” and not even separating them is true, not good. One could also argue- these are the detained “illegals”. Who did the detained positives travel with the last days before testing? Who knows how many people are sneaking in, what they have, or where they are from.. Biden admin just addressed this issue.

A bigger problem is US citizens can go basically anywhere, but need a test within 72 hours of re-entry( last I looked at info). Any individual , even vaccinated, not quarantining for the 72 hours until departure invalidates the test and can spread variants. They also have to keep the mask on for entire time from entering departure terminal to exit arrival terminal or what is the point?
We trust people to sit in a hotel for 3 days on vacation? It does not compute- unless we have decided to live with covid. Then why bother to test? Are cruises still running?

#24010 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nah dude, we aren't quivering in fear, we are manning up for our families, communities and country. Many of us have friends and family that died of Covid because people like you didn't have the moral fortitude and strength to do what was asked of you. It takes barely any effort at all to get a vaccine and wear a mask inside public places, you can totally go about your business and be social in a responsible way. Maybe instead of making fun of people doing their part, you should consider stepping up and doing your part, it's the patriotic thing to do and it will save lives. We are all in this together and the weak link in the chain compromises us all.

Well said.

In the UK, I'm pleased to report that young people are mostly getting vaccinated, which is admirable given we know they are less likely to die etc. Of course, they want to be able to go to clubs etc

We thankfully don't have so many anti-vax mentalists here. As lives are at stake, we have to call out these idiots for what they are.

#24011 2 years ago

I thought this was good. And we all know what happens to the guy in the red jumper Not wearing masks is up there with anti-vax as stoopid. My only criticism of the photo is it's probably not necessary to mask up outdoors.

228885391_10159451664466142_8835213043665509975_n (resized).jpg228885391_10159451664466142_8835213043665509975_n (resized).jpg

#24012 2 years ago
Quoted from peely:

You can't make them obviously, however you make it mandatory or proof of a negative test in the last 24 hours for
All Travel - international and domestic
Dining
Gym
Work places
Schools
Concerts
Hospitals
etc etc
Alternately you give them the option to come, but you charge them 10X the cost, plus make them quarantine as appropriate (of course at their cost)
Perhaps even some additional tax to take care of them as they'll be a drain on the health care system.

OK.

Dining: How do you police that without everyone wearing a vaccine necklace? For this to happen there would have to be a law.

Gym: same as above

Work places: Get vaccinated and you have privilege of commuting to the office while my unvaccinated self gets to continue to work from home.

The mantra would have to be “Get vaccinated or be fired”.

#24013 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK.
Dining: How do you police that without everyone wearing a vaccine necklace? For this to happen there would have to be a law.
Gym: same as above
Work places: Get vaccinated and you have privilege of commuting to the office while my unvaccinated self gets to continue to work from home.
The mantra would have to be “Get vaccinated or be fired”.

This worked in Jerusalem for flight, I wouldn't put it past them to try it worldwide....implementing it for everything..

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-electronic-bracelet-quarantine-pilot-ends-successfully-661178

#24014 2 years ago
Quoted from peely:

Does your country tax smokers, alcoholics or the obese?

#24015 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Quick Google fu shows me the WaPo consensus still gives it 2, almost 3, pinnochios.
Best I can give ya is a foreign policy reporter writing an opinion piece regurgitating the same talking points with the same experts and the same quotes found elsewhere.
So ok, I will walk back pants on fire. But still mostly false. I might add, especially when used as “you pay for what you get” oversimplified cudgel.

Josh Rogin from the WP:

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1417609272427483145

We gave them $, now the NIH and CDC claim it doesn’t meet their definition of gain of function research, but it is what it is. Why the hell are we giving them money for ANY research? Do we really believe results would be shared, especially if they are noteworthy or monetizable ? Do we really believe they wouldn’t be used for bio-weapons, do we really believe they could be trusted with this sort of research?

Some actual journalism from a WP columnist. It’s refreshing and makes you feel like journalism might not be dead

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshrogin

#24016 2 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Are you familiar with variants? Here’s a horror show https://www.yahoo.com/news/virus-used-world-longest-covid-154818412.html
One could argue, any positive individual being transported with others in buses could generate variants. If releasing positive “illegals” and not even separating them is true, not good. One could also argue- these are the detained “illegals”. Who did the detained positives travel with the last days before testing? Who knows how many people are sneaking in, what they have, or where they are from.. Biden admin just addressed this issue.
A bigger problem is US citizens can go basically anywhere, but need a test within 72 hours of re-entry( last I looked at info). Any individual , even vaccinated, not quarantining for the 72 hours until departure invalidates the test and can spread variants. They also have to keep the mask on for entire time from entering departure terminal to exit arrival terminal or what is the point?
We trust people to sit in a hotel for 3 days on vacation? It does not compute- unless we have decided to live with covid. Then why bother to test? Are cruises still running?

Answer is still widespread vaccination. Making it mandatory wherever we can and a PITA to not vaccinate where it cannot be mandatory.

#24017 2 years ago

This is interesting and concerning- a phenomenon known as 'imprinting' or 'antigenic sin' could mean that future iterations of the Covid vaccines might be less effective than currently. Another reason, presumably, why we need as many people to get vaccinated NOW as it's our big never to be repeated (as effectively anyway) opportunity to beat the virus. I haven't heard this covered much in the news though.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/04/16/next-generation-covid-19-vaccines-are-supposed-to-be-better-some-experts-worry-they-could-be-worse/

On the plus side (summarised): Sars-Cov-2 evolves much more slowly than viruses where antigenic sin is a problem and the spike protein it uses has less potential for evolution too so it's less likely to be an issue than with flu vaccines, especially for those who have had mRNA vaccines.

#24018 2 years ago

It’s going to be a long time before variants go away. It has nothing to do with vax vs unvax. It’s this right here.

FA74E806-1F60-4A56-A130-0432E11C4AE4 (resized).jpegFA74E806-1F60-4A56-A130-0432E11C4AE4 (resized).jpeg
#24019 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I thought this was good. And we all know what happens to the guy in the red jumper Not wearing masks is up there with anti-vax as stoopid. My only criticism of the photo is it's probably not necessary to mask up outdoors.
[quoted image]

I'm standing outside Aldi like a good boy waiting for 9 AM because 8:30 to 9 is for the vulnerable. Out of ~8 shoppers and 3 employees, I saw 1 masked shopper.

#24020 2 years ago

Vaccine mandate coming in nyc for indoor dining, entertainment, etc.

Awesome news. My postponed tournament will be vaccine mandated in a couple weeks, this general trend will help make it more acceptable and quell the bitching from the vocal few. Cause it’ll be everywhere by then.

“More and more, there’s going to be a reality where, if you’re vaccinated, a world of opportunity opens up to you. If you’re not vaccinated, there’s going to be more and more things you can’t do,” de Blasio said during his virtual press briefing, when he announced that the city will only hire vaccinated workers and advised all New Yorkers to wear masks in indoor, public settings.

#24021 2 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

If releasing positive “illegals” and not even separating them is true, not good.

If? If this is true?

What do you mean when you say “if”?

If I won the lottery I would be a rich man.

“If” is a great word in the English language.

Shawn Hannity if Fox News likes to use the word “if” on occasion as he spreads his brand of hate.

SH: “ blah blah blah. And if this really happened…blah blah blah

Sheeple hear his brand of BS of planting a seed and completely space out the “if this really happened…”

So, of what you speak, is it true or not?

#24022 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So you guys really buy that stupid shit, huh?

I totally do! Money can buy you anything!

#24023 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

OP never said they did the things you accuse him of.

My good friend who got COVID, ended up intubated and all that... the hospital was the one that gave it to him, he went in negative.

If in a normal year like half a million deaths are due to medical profession errors, how many covid deaths were a combination of covid and error.

#24024 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

No ones going to comment on the fact that literally everything he said 15 months ago, about the chain of events, came true.

So someone that clearly represents the group of people NOT doing anything that is being asked of them is able to accurately predict the terrible future they are causing??? Oh my gosh, how can he do this!

#24025 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Vaccine is useless, unless thanking former POTUS, but then they are useless again

This is the thing that riles me up. Why do people say this? It's not political despite what media is telling you. I live in blue NYC where less than 50% of minorities are vaccinated, 40% of healthcare and likely the same % of teachers are not as well. You think they are all Trump supporters?

When you make it political it does no one any good. We need to encourage people to make rational decisions based on the data. Yelling and essentially calling people idiots is not going to make them all of a sudden change thier mind about the vaccine.

#24026 2 years ago

It's official. If you carry an advanced degree and work in the office, you are going to get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/business/tyson-walmart-disney-vaccine-mandate-workers/index.html

" Companies are starting to require vaccines for corporate workers because they are eager to reopen their offices and believe that mandating Covid-19 shots will allay many white-collar workers' safety concerns about returning, ..."

Meanwhile, out on the floor where the average education is probably 8th grade, you get a vaccine pass.

" Companies are starting to require vaccines for corporate workers because they are eager to reopen their offices and believe that mandating Covid-19 shots will allay many white-collar workers' safety concerns about returning, ..."

" Vaccination rates vary by education and income level. Among college graduates, 79% said they had already received at least one dose, according to a Kaiser Family Foundation survey conducted June 8 to June 21 of 1,888 adults. Among adults without a college degree, 59% said they received at least one dose..."

#24027 2 years ago

You all who are working from home need to do your patriotic duty and go back to the office.

The economy needs you and your car on the road guzzling gas and polluting the atmosphere.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/economy/remote-working-economy/index.html

"..most offices are still largely empty. And that's affecting local economies in a major way."

" Love it or hate it, commuting is good for the economy. You pay train conductors' salaries with your subway fare. The dry cleaner by the office and the coffee shop around the corner all count on workers who have been largely absent for nearly a year and a half."

" a lot of employees who are still working remotely and not spending cash on items like train tickets or lattes — the kind of economic activity is essential in America's consumer spending and service-driven economy."

And New York's subway system is feeling the heat from weak revenues.

More at the link.

#24028 2 years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/business/companies-customers-vaccines/index.html

" All Equinox employees and members will be required to show proof of vaccination, the luxury fitness company announced Monday. Employees and members will be asked to share their vaccination status prior to entering..."

Microsoft is getting in one the act.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/success/microsoft-vaccine-requirement-reopening-delay/index.html

The tech firm said Tuesday that employees, vendors and guests entering Microsoft's (MSFT) buildings in the US will be required to show proof of vaccination beginning in September.

New York is tightening the screws.

"New York City will require proof of vaccination to enter all restaurants, fitness centers and indoor entertainment venues, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Tuesday."

"If you're unvaccinated, unfortunately, you will not be able to participate in many things," de Blasio said. "If you want to participate in our society fully, you've got to get vaccinated."
The policy will take effect over the next few weeks."

Meanwhile, down in Florida, DeSantis is digging in. It could turn into a deep hole for him.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/03/covid-florida-desantis-downplays-threat/

"COVID In Florida: Gov. DeSantis Downplays Coronavirus Threat As State Breaks New Hospitalization Record"

By the way, with regards to Desantis and a few of the others, you should consider yourself as collateral damage---or cannon fodder. Desantis was in the U.S. Navy and I thought he was employing battlefield practices. Instead he was a JAG ( Judge Advocate Generals Corp. ) wonk. Using the vernacular of the street: Just another FKN lawyer. Lookin' out for hisself.

#24029 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Maybe instead of making fun of people doing their part

You take issue with people making fun of your views but I’m sure you have no problem with this guy calling people on the other side idiots. So hypocritical.

Quoted from Pinballs:

we have to call out these idiots for what they are.

#24030 2 years ago

I would be very curious to know what the numbers are on people who caught

A) the same virus a second time

and

B) caught the coronavirus and then the delta variant, and what the various effects were for each when compared

#24031 2 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

We gave them $, now the NIH and CDC claim it doesn’t meet their definition of gain of function research, but it is what it is. Why the hell are we giving them money for ANY research? Do we really believe results would be shared, especially if they are noteworthy or monetizable ? Do we really believe they wouldn’t be used for bio-weapons, do we really believe they could be trusted with this sort of research?

So…essentially you are going with the money is fungible argument?

Pretty weak tea if so.

#24032 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s going to be a long time before variants go away. It has nothing to do with vax vs unvax. It’s this right here.
[quoted image]

Are you saying Pfizer is making the variant so they can sell boosters?

#24033 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:And how do you make them do that?

Just be doctor strange and give them a endless mug of beer!

#24034 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Just be doctor strange and give them a endless mug of beer!

I could definitely use an endless mug of beer about now...

#24035 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I would be very curious to know what the numbers are on people who caught
A) the same virus a second time
and
B) caught the coronavirus and then the delta variant, and what the various effects were for each when compared

This is from my wife’s work who funds Stowers Institute.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#24036 2 years ago

Most of the times I'm on the side of freedom of choice but the problem with having a large swath of the population not getting vaccinated around the world is that it gives the virus a chance to live and mutate and thus morph into something more deadly. Believe it or not I was at the pain mgmt section of the hospital today they apologized for the long wait because they were short on staff due to the Delta variant...people being reassigned to help out in the main wing. Perhaps there is valid safety concerns for not wanting it but I think with 50+ percent of the first world nations vaccinated we can say it's safe enough. Skiing is unsafe, driving in the snow is unsafe but we go out and do it anyway.

#24037 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My postponed tournament will be vaccine mandated in a couple weeks, this general trend will help make it more acceptable and quell the bitching from the vocal few.

My question to you, who is normally a level headed guy and spent a year being safe, is why the fuck wasn’t your first tournament a vaccinated-only event?

When I read that you had a tournament and a bunch of people, yourself included, got COVID, I was gobsmacked. Like, what the hell were you thinking?

#24038 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Are you saying Pfizer is making the variant so they can sell boosters?

You say that like creating a virus in a lab is unheard of…
No, this is the new flu. And just like the flu every single year there’s a different shot and people still got the flu. Even the vaccinated will get the virus. Just ask Levi. So what’s the answer? BOOSTER SHOT.
Well what if COVID goes away?
Never gonna happen and the media will do what it needs to do that everyone is in fear as long as humanly possible, remember that when you see “the numbers” and then they go to commercial break and it’s a Pfizer add sponsoring your news network.
Remember this when it’s booster round 8, 9, 10….. and you still get sick and are still told that you can catch it and spread after your 20th booster.

The world is upside down over a “cold” that millions of people get it and don’t even know they have it because it does nothing to them. Millions of people catch it and it’s exactly like getting sick before covid, it sucks but you bounce back. And then people are dying from it, yes, there’s no arguing the virus’s 2% mortality rate.

But the world has amnesia and forgets that prior to 2019, grandma died of pneumonia from her cold when she went in for hip surgery 7 years ago.
7DBEAFF5-5811-4577-940F-61AB22713473 (resized).jpeg7DBEAFF5-5811-4577-940F-61AB22713473 (resized).jpeg

#24039 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yes, yes and no. Well not the smokers and alcoholics themselves, but cigars, sigarettes and alcohol all are taxed quite a lot, so the result is the same. Even though I drink (regularly/often) and smoke (seldom, but still) myself, I think it's a good idea to discourage very unhealthy things and use those taxes for i.e. healthcare.

#24040 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

[quoted image]

You do realise that 33 billion is nothing compared to the damage that is done worldwide: from tax-payer money spend (from healthcare to stimulating measures), to less sales by companies, to not being able to work, etc.... So I see your post as a confirmation that we should all get vaccinated so things will change for the better (/don't get much worse for the very pessimistic amung us).

Edit: that companies make profit because of the pandemic may be sad, but:
1) it's better to accept that and have the benefits than to say 'those bastards...they'll never get my money' and keep a bad situation.
2) if you wouldn't want that, we need a strong government that makes laws against earning money from desasters. It remains to be seen if we'd have a vaccine so quickly though if it wouldn't lead to profit. Where there's trouble/misery, people earn money from it, be it vaccines, weapons, or private hospitals or prisons.

#24041 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Speaking for myself, I call this the US’s “poor tax”.

#24042 2 years ago

Just received this at work. I am a contractor working for the federal government.

As a reminder, fully vaccinated personnel who have attested to their vaccination status must wear a
facial covering indoors in all common areas and when six feet of distance cannot be maintained.
Personnel who are not fully vaccinated must wear their facial coverings at all times (indoors and
outdoors), including at their desk, except when eating or drinking.

For unvaccinated contractor personnel, time spent in denied access due to lack of a negative test result
is NOT reimbursable under the CARES Act. Any costs associated with obtaining a COVID test are not
billable as a direct charge to any contract.

We are now required to show proof of vaccination and put it into a special database.

I got my Vax but am not for forcing it on others.

#24043 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

This is from my wife’s work who funds Stowers Institute.

I'm just not sure I believe that breakthrough cases figure. CrazyLevi What is your tournament's breakthrough case %? Almost 50%?

#24045 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Vaccine mandate coming in nyc for indoor dining, entertainment, etc.
Awesome news. My postponed tournament will be vaccine mandated in a couple weeks, this general trend will help make it more acceptable and quell the bitching from the vocal few. Cause it’ll be everywhere by then.
“More and more, there’s going to be a reality where, if you’re vaccinated, a world of opportunity opens up to you. If you’re not vaccinated, there’s going to be more and more things you can’t do,” de Blasio said during his virtual press briefing, when he announced that the city will only hire vaccinated workers and advised all New Yorkers to wear masks in indoor, public settings.

This is awful. Tyranny at its worst.

Don't we have HIPAA laws in this country?

How many people here have had chicken pox as a kid AND got vaccinated after the vaccines came out? I'm gonna venture to say none.

So people who are inoculated from the virus can't get in because the aren't "vaccinated"? Since the vaccination protects people from getting it, why keep the unvaccinated out? Kind of flies against what the vaccine is suppose to do.

For full disclosure, I got the Moderna vaccine.

Vaccines are readily available. Doctors know how to treat it. People are adults, let them make their own medical decisions with their doctors, as they do with everything else.

The 100% truth, that no politician is saying, because if they admitted this, they would lose all their emergency powers: Covid will be with us forever.

#24046 2 years ago

A reggae love song about that not-for-profit vaccine that remains unapproved and unavailable in the US

#24047 2 years ago

FDA approval in 2 to 3 weeks is being shared on news.

#24048 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Most of the times I'm on the side of freedom of choice but the problem with having a large swath of the population not getting vaccinated around the world is that it gives the virus a chance to live and mutate and thus morph into something more deadly. Believe it or not I was at the pain mgmt section of the hospital today they apologized for the long wait because they were short on staff due to the Delta variant...people being reassigned to help out in the main wing. Perhaps there is valid safety concerns for not wanting it but I think with 50+ percent of the first world nations vaccinated we can say it's safe enough. Skiing is unsafe, driving in the snow is unsafe but we go out and do it anyway.

There are also many countries that have limited access to the vaccines not just because of supply but also logistics. In poor countries people don't have access to transportation and are unable to make it to the vaccination centers. Also, they are more concerned with basic needs that this is not a major priority in their lives. I would think a large percentage of the world population will never be vaccinated, not by choice. So the variants will continue to mutate.

#24049 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

This is from my wife’s work who funds Stowers Institute.[quoted image]

When I tested positive last week, nobody asked me if I was vaccinated or any other details. They said quarrentine for 10 days and sent me out to the street.

Needless to say, I highly doubt the accuracy of the "less than one percent" breakthrough statistic for vaxxed people that keeps getting thrown around. We were at about 30 percent breakthrough that night.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/481?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.