272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 576.
#2351 4 years ago

Uh oh...

Mr. Cuomo said the rate of new infections is doubling about every three days at the current rate and that the “apex” is likely to come in 14-21 days.

Mr. Cuomo noted that FEMA indicated plans to send 400 ventilators to New York.
“400 ventilators? I need 30,000 ventilators,” he said. “You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators? What are we going to do with 400 ventilators when we need 30,000 ventilators?”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/24/andrew-cuomo-apex-coronavirus-could-come-14-days/
https://wbng.com/2020/03/24/the-latest-pakistani-official-says-he-has-coronavirus/
https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-in-ny-25665-cases-confirmed-10-times-more-than-any-other-state.html
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/watch-live-ny-gov-cuomo-holds-a-press-conference-on-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Didn't think it would be so small, sorry. If you make your page bigger you can read it.

I can make the page bigger by one click but it is not big enough to read. The 2nd click makes it tiny again. I have tried it in both Apple Safari and Google Chrome. no dice.

Can you just give us the link?

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No assumptions just curious what the theories were behind it in general. But it sounds like it’s at least partially false and put together to look sinister

Yea I agree about the image and didn't believe it to begin with. Just like most stuff posted online. But I did look up some of them just like ForceFlow pointed out.

I find it alarming. You find it's a coincidence.

Let's meet half way and call it an alarming coincidence. Lol

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Maybe if some of them got spit on, or things thrown at them, called baby killers or their families afraid of what may happen when they come to pick you up, they'd understand my reactions but, they won't. We have a developed a society that wants and expects instant gratification and when confronted with anything else they attack. I'll be okay and I'd like to throw this out, life is short, think before you speak and you might find life is a little more tolerable and enjoyable when you include others.

The world, and how we relate in it, is so radically different now from even just 10 years ago. What you've experienced is entirely foreign to most of us, and that's a heavy weight for you for sure.

I think overall there ultimately needs to be an overarching understanding that we are all more in pain daily, than we are right, and others wrong when they feel differently than we do. It's often the underpinning of all disputes, saying we are empathetic, but truly rarely being it, due to the cost we'd feel with our own ego.

Hang in there friend. People respect and value you for your efforts today and in the past. Maybe not all, but focus on the one's that openly do.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You guys are pathetic....you come on here spout your drama class agendas all in the name of helping....yeah right you have no intentions other than being the assholes you're in real life.
As a Traitor for having given my sweat blood and tears to this country so you can set on your new lazy boys and spout HS, I wouldn't waste the powder to save your petty little lives. People are out their dying and all you can muster is ragging on those that differ from you in their opinions; but hell you didn't need me then and now that you can speak from a place of knowledge (I mean who doesn't know all they need to know after having survived a firefight in fortnite) No not for me,my experience in life goes far beyond that phone you have in your back pocket. I wouldn't waste the powder to save your lives or liberties you take for granted.

Give it a rest, will ya?

Also: bone spurs.
C3D0C064-136C-43F6-A005-B929C595B666 (resized).jpegC3D0C064-136C-43F6-A005-B929C595B666 (resized).jpeg

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, seems to be serious concerns about giving one guy total control of a 500 billion slush fund, especially when that one guy is losing $500,000 a day because his hotels and golf courses are closed.
This kind of potential conflict of interest is exactly why a decent man like Jimmy Carter sold off his beloved peanut farm when he became president.
These days? It’s all just a big cash grab.

I never thought about that, Levi. Not only is the re-election golden ring being flung about like a cat's toy on a string to be chased, the hotel biz is in shambles. If there is no money coming in, then the hotel partners do not have the money to keep paying for the gold letters on the building. An empire could crash.

I had not thought of that.

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

An empire could crash.

6 of 7 top money earners for someone just had to shutdown...then a day later we’re in the get back to business cure worse than disease horsepucky

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Uh oh...

Mr. Cuomo said the rate of new infections is doubling about every three days at the current rate and that the “apex” is likely to come in 14-21 days.

Mr. Cuomo noted that FEMA indicated plans to send 400 ventilators to New York.
“400 ventilators? I need 30,000 ventilators,” he said. “You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators? What are we going to do with 400 ventilators when we need 30,000 ventilators?”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/24/andrew-cuomo-apex-coronavirus-could-come-14-days/
https://wbng.com/2020/03/24/the-latest-pakistani-official-says-he-has-coronavirus/
https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-in-ny-25665-cases-confirmed-10-times-more-than-any-other-state.html
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/watch-live-ny-gov-cuomo-holds-a-press-conference-on-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Cuomo & Diblasio can lash out all they want but sadly there is a global shortage of ventilators everywhere. It isn't unique to the US.

I understand their angst and urgency as it is a terrible situation. With that said and as I've said before, maybe if they'd done the right thing and shut down NYC schools, restaurants, etc earlier when they should have (and Diblasio's advisors were begging him to), they could have slowed this down and bought time for ventilator production to catch up.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Cuomo & Diblasio can lash out all they want but sadly there is a global shortage of ventilators everywhere. It isn't unique to the US.
As I've said before, maybe if they'd done the right thing and shut down NYC schools, restaurants, etc earlier when they should have (and Diblasio's advisors were begging him to), they could have slowed this down and bought time for ventilator production to catch up.

We need a state to state travel ban. New Yorkers are fleeing and coming to places like the Poconos in PA, where they will infect another area. Its going on all over the country, and i'm not trying to single out NY citizens alone here. But people need to stay the hell at home. Rural hospitals are even less equipped than city hospitals.

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'd suggest everyone give that press conference a listen. He made a lot of good points and sounds like he is as on top of it as he can be.

#2361 4 years ago

Does anyone have any Lysol wipes that they want to sell? I’m a first responder returning to work on Friday from vacation after a couple weeks and have resorted to making my own hand sanitizer in preparation. This absolutely sucks.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

We need a state to state travel ban. New Yorkers are fleeing and coming to places like the Poconos in PA, where they will infect another area. Its going on all over the country, and i'm not trying to single out NY citizens alone here. But people need to stay the hell at home. Rural hospitals are even less equipped than city hospitals.

Agreed. I've been advocating for a flight ban in and out of hotzone cities and areas for over 2weeks.

States are going to be stretched to capacity taking care of their own citizens.

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed. I've been advocating for a flight ban in and out of hotzone cities and areas for over 2weeks.
States are going to be stretched to capacity taking care of their own citizens.

That’s racist...just like banning travel from China and Europe

I'm the man in the box
Buried in my shit
Won't you come and save me?
Save me

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus Christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now you've sewn them shut

#2364 4 years ago

My sister's fiancee just tested positive, he has zero symptoms. Feb 29th he did share a beer with somebody who also now has it and is in very bad shape.

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

One positive thing I did notice is that the gas station and grocery store in town put x’s on the floor 6 ft apart in the cashier lines and people were using them.

Aldi now has the 6 foot rule. They even removed the lane guides for the groceries themselves....

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I went to this link and was blocked because I am not a subscriber. They want my email before letting me in. Now, every time I give my email out I wind up getting spam email for 2-3 months because every outfit lies and tells me that my information is safe with them; To which I say BS, you sold my email to line your pockets at my expense.
For this outfit, I gave a bogus email addy and was able to get in. Once in, the article was worth the read.

Using google chrome, right click and select “view page source”.

You’ll have to sort through the code to see the article.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yea I agree about the image and didn't believe it to begin with. Just like most stuff posted online. But I did look up some of them just like ForceFlow pointed out.
I find it alarming. You find it's a coincidence.
Let's meet half way and call it an alarming coincidence. Lol

Coincidence like the hundreds that didn't show up to work on 911 at the Trade Centers? Or the people shorting the Businesses affected and getting millions?

#2368 4 years ago

EDIT

#2369 4 years ago

UK in lockdown now. No gatherings of more than 2 people unless from the same household. In the local park group of 8 teenagers sitting together smoking and chatting. When asked by someone to disperse, just got a mouthful of abuse and "well, we haven't got it so it doesn't matter". I suspect their parents don't have a clue either, sadly...

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Give it a rest, will ya?
Also: bone spurs.

Sure I get it, so I'll answer your statement yesterday and we'll call it quits. You made a statement you were defending our country by speaking out and I guess that illustrates the basic difference between you and I. I defended my country, my beliefs, my family and yours, with a gun in my hand, not by running my mouth about something I read in a book or saw in a movie, so who do think might get their attention the most.

I'm done we are just both going to end up where neither want to be.

Be safe and keep your families safe, even those that are outside your circle.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

My sister's fiancee just tested positive, he has zero symptoms. Feb 29th he did share a beer with somebody who also now has it and is in very bad shape.

I hope and pray your sister and boyfriend are going to come out of this healthy and happy. Be safe brother for yourself and all of us. I will pray for them.

#2372 4 years ago

Sending people back to work is a really strange way of fixing Social Security for Gen Z.

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Sending people back to work is a really strange way of fixing Social Security for Gen Z.

I see what you did there.

#2374 4 years ago

First Idiocracy looked to be coming true, and now....

LA (resized).PNGLA (resized).PNGnewyork (resized).PNGnewyork (resized).PNG
#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haha. The ice cream and frozen pizza sections at my local grocery store have had low stock over these past two weeks. I grabbed the last two Ben and Jerry cookie dough pints at my local Kroger last week lol. Also, I try every week to make a Detroit style pizza at home. Flour, especially bread flour, has been hard to find over the past couple weeks.

I keep looking for Wheat Bread, no dice. All is see is some white and bagels...

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I look at that video and see all of those coffins, made of wood, and I ( I suppose it is strange logic) cannot help but think about how many trees are going get wiped out, as well.

I can’t wrap my head around this comment. I guess my only response is that it will be okay @cottonm4...the trees will grow back.

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:I keep looking for Wheat Bread, no dice. All is see is some white and bagels...

Really that's all we had for a couple days, no white bread, buns, bagels, you name it, it was gone.

#2378 4 years ago

Everybody is singing praises that China locked everything down hard. On a percentage scale comparing what was to what is, China's numbers have gone down. On the scale that really counts is that China is still getting new cases. Every day. China has not managed to stop it, even with the hard lockdown.

We stil have airplanes flying back and forth all over the country.

We are...pick your euphemism.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.46.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.46.39 AM (resized).png

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The smoke from the crematories could be seen on satellite from space relatively early on. I don't believe the official number for a minute.

I agree, no country is spot on . Numbers are fudged for sure!

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

global shortage of ventilators everywhere.

Good reason for feds to broker distribution/purchase so vents go to hot spots. As is, states bid against each other. Just stupid. Use fed power to purchase/coordinate now.

#2381 4 years ago

NY governor said today the shortages the city has is due to the supplies not being ordered.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can make the page bigger by one click but it is not big enough to read. The 2nd click makes it tiny again. I have tried it in both Apple Safari and Google Chrome. no dice.
Can you just give us the link?

I mean increase your page size to about 300%. I will see if I can find a way to increase it on my end.

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Everybody is singing praises that China locked everything down hard. On a percentage scale comparing what was to what is, China's numbers have gone down. On the scale that really counts is that China is still getting new cases. Every day. China has not managed to stop it, even with the hard lockdown.
We stil have airplanes flying back and forth all over the country.
We are...pick your euphemism.
[quoted image]

On the plus side...it looks like our ratio of deaths of the hard hit countries is much lower.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, the church needs money, too.
If nobody comes to church
How can they pass the plate?
If they can't pass the plate
How are they supposed to get any money?
If they don't have any money
How can they open the doors?
If they can't open the doors
How are they suppose to get paid?
Interesting in how some of the
preachers say they can lay on hands
and keep you safe and pray it away,
but they cannot find the prayer needed
to make the collection plate fill up.

And the fact they are tax exempt ...

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On the plus side...it looks like our ratio of deaths of the hard hit countries is much lower.

Death is a lagging indicator, and it started 3-4 weeks later here.

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Sucks to hear, best of health to them.

How did he get tested if he has zero symptoms?

#2387 4 years ago

Good luck everyone! I'm taking time off from pinside. Miss this thread and hope everyone stays safe and sane.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you assume that the US gets to somewhere between Spain and Italy, say 90 deaths per million, that will be around 30k deaths. I'm afraid that we'll get there by the end of April.

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I can’t wrap my head around this comment. I guess my only response is that it will be okay cottonm4...the trees will grow back.

Yeah, but those caskets looked they were all made of some nice hardwoods that take a long time to grow. If this keeps up all that will be left are cheap pine boxes made from 2 year old pine trees. If it keeps going the only option might be in open trenches. Don't cluck cluck. It is being done in Iran. Mass graves.

#2390 4 years ago

When this virus ends in the USA you will have had over 67 Million people infected & 5.5 Million Dead! YES IT'S SERIOUS! STAY HOME!

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, but those caskets looked they were all made of some nice hardwoods that take a long time to grow. If this keeps up all that will be left are cheap pine boxes made from 2 year old pine trees. If it keeps going the only option might be in open trenches. Don't cluck cluck. It is being done in Iran. Mass graves.

I think you found the hidden agenda. This was a master plan by the lumber and casket industry due to so many people being cremated these days.

#lumbergate

mrevil (resized).PNGmrevil (resized).PNG
#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Iran will have 1.4 Milion Dead when the virus is over. China is already over 21 Million Dead. Word is starting to get out because of cell phone numbers canceled. I estimate over 300 Million infected Chinese citizens. 23 Million dead as of today! Italy will end up with about 1.1 Million dead from this virus.

#2393 4 years ago

Where’s the pork?

“ direct has payments to every American with a tax ID number of $1,500, up to $7,500 for a family of five, available to retirees and the unemployed. Beyond that, it creates a "Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation" program that provides $600 a week to any worker eligible for unemployment benefits, including self-employed workers, contractors and new entrants to the job market. It would supplement existing benefits to replace 100% of wages for the average worker. The House plan would also expand sick days and family medical leave to "nearly ever worker," and expands and gives an infusion of funds to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

It would provide more than $150 billion to hospitals and community health centers, as well as other government medical programs. In addition, it provides $80 billion in low-interest loans to hospitals. It prohibits insurance companies from imposing cost-sharing on coronavirus treatments and vaccines for every patient, including the uninsured and increases the subsidies available through the ACA marketplaces. It would also open enrollments on the ACA marketplace and provide incentives for the 14 states that haven't expanded Medicaid to take it. It has $500 billion in grants and interest-free loans for small businesses and provides a $200 billion stabilization fund for states and $15 billion to local governments.

It also includes strict conditions for any corporation receiving bailout funds, including bans on using funds for stock buy-backs. Critically, it would provide funding to states national vote-by-mail to protect the 2020 elections.”

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6817883-FINAL-HOUSE-BILL

#2394 4 years ago

Id like to be optimistic, but with this new direction, my opinion is we are all NOW royally screwed.

Acting with the ONLY method that has worked will no longer matter.

It is open season. catch the Virus, dont expect treatment, when things fill up.

Please die at home.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where’s the pork?
“ direct has payments to every American with a tax ID number of $1,500, up to $7,500 for a family of five, available to retirees and the unemployed. Beyond that, it creates a "Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation" program that provides $600 a week to any worker eligible for unemployment benefits, including self-employed workers, contractors and new entrants to the job market. It would supplement existing benefits to replace 100% of wages for the average worker. The House plan would also expand sick days and family medical leave to "nearly ever worker," and expands and gives an infusion of funds to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
It would provide more than $150 billion to hospitals and community health centers, as well as other government medical programs. In addition, it provides $80 billion in low-interest loans to hospitals. It prohibits insurance companies from imposing cost-sharing on coronavirus treatments and vaccines for every patient, including the uninsured and increases the subsidies available through the ACA marketplaces. It would also open enrollments on the ACA marketplace and provide incentives for the 14 states that haven't expanded Medicaid to take it. It has $500 billion in grants and interest-free loans for small businesses and provides a $200 billion stabilization fund for states and $15 billion to local governments.
It also includes strict conditions for any corporation receiving bailout funds, including bans on using funds for stock buy-backs. Critically, it would provide funding to states national vote-by-mail to protect the 2020 elections.”

Is this the 'new almost there' agreement, or the old shot down agreement?

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Iran will have 1.4 Milion Dead when the virus is over. China is already over 21 Million Dead. Word is starting to get out because of cell phone numbers canceled. I estimate over 300 Million infected Chinese citizens. 23 Million dead as of today! Italy will end up with about 1.1 Million dead from this virus.

What's your source for 22 million dead in China? The official site says 3277. Don't spread conspiracy theories here, please.

#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Where’s the pork?

Ive been busy, but I havent found the Pork either. Perhaps someone can share where it is in the Bill.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id like to be optimistic, but with this new direction, my opinion is we are all NOW royally screwed.
Acting with the ONLY method that has worked will no longer matter.
It is open season. catch the Virus, dont expect treatment, when things fill up.
Please die at home.

Word is there's pressure from social media influencers. Which is strange since they make a living cropping themselves into pictures of places they've never been. Being locked down shouldn't impact them at all because their followers will still give them money for doing nothing.

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is the house bill that they can pass and send to Senate if they keep on with this 500 billion for Steve Mnuchin crap

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is the House proposal that the Senate is ignoring for now.

Edit: wickerman2 types faster than me.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.