272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 478 of 576.
#23850 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

If one is vaccinated themselves, why would you hesitate to be around unvaccinated people - other than ideological differences?
Somehow I feel I am missing something here. Don’t get me wrong, I know I can still get it. I am just not really worried about it anymore, and I also think this is not going away.

I think this is a very confusing area for most people that are vaccinated. Why should we care if we are around unvaccinated people? I think the theory is you have a higher chance of catching COVID from an unvaccinated person. My understanding was that the vaccine reduced the side effects if you were to contract COVID but I'm not sure if the vaccine will reduce your chances of contracting the virus? If there are any studies on actually contracting COVID, with or without a vaccine, please post some links. Thank you.

#23851 2 years ago

This study suggests you have a reduced chance of catching COVID if you are vaccinated. This seems to be counterintuitive to being around non-vaccinated individuals, as if you are vaccinated, you have less chance to get the virus:

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0607-mrna-reduce-risks.html

#23852 2 years ago

It seems now, per CDC yesterday, there is also some uncertainty about if vaccinated people who contract covid can also carry it/pass it on to others. That's the main reason I've been avoiding unvaccinated people (outside my child), because it's never been fully determined if I could still catch it and pass it on.

#23853 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

But Philly is better? Most populous area is not a fertile breeding ground?
[quoted image]

Quoted from JoeJet:

Fulton has oy 14,000 people and Philly over 1.5 million with just over 7% fully vaccinated?
[quoted image]

You cut off the tops of your charts. What are they referring to?

#23854 2 years ago

I guess I am just currently more worried about catching stupid from some of my friends.

I don’t want it, but I need to live my life… and I just don’t believe that in the absence of some immediate global authoritarian governance that is 100% effective in getting people all over the world to act appropriately this will ever be done away with.

Apathetic? Yep. I feel the cats already out of the bag, and believe I will be getting boosters for years. Which sucks, but it would suck more to spend the rest of my life like I did in 2020. Screw that.

#23855 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This study suggests you have a reduced chance of catching COVID if you are vaccinated. This seems to be counterintuitive to being around non-vaccinated individuals, as if you are vaccinated, you have less chance to get the virus:

UK real-world data suggests about 50% reduction in transmission in the vaccinated. Still a big chance of catching it, basically, and certainly with Delta, which accounts for 99% of UK cases.

#23856 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That study was completed prior to the effects of Delta. And the study participants are all frontline workers, not a real world mix of vaccinated people.

The current brouhaha is because of the numerous Delta variant breakthrough infections of vaccinated people. Some are using the information to exercise more caution. Others are using it as a reason to criticize the more cautious practices of distancing, limiting indoor exposure to crowds and unvaccinated people, masking, and (of course) vaccinating in the first place.

"Use the additional info as you see fit" seems to be the order of the day, lol.

#23857 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

UK real-world data suggests about 50% reduction in transmission in the vaccinated. Still a big chance of catching it, basically, and certainly with Delta, which accounts for 99% of UK cases.

How do they know that 99% of the UK cases are Delta? When they test do they also test which strain it is? The tests I've had to take wouldn't indicate that data but I am in the USA.

#23858 2 years ago

I was planning on attending a car show in Carlisle, PA in August once the border opened again, but given the demographic of most car people and the fact that PA is basically ground zero for COVID now, I cancelled my hotel reservation. I'm fully vaxxed but my 6-year-old son is not and can't be, so it's not worth the risk so I can buy some car parts.

#23859 2 years ago
Quoted from telmnstr:

How do they know that 99% of the UK cases are Delta? When they test do they also test which strain it is? The tests I've had to take wouldn't indicate that data but I am in the USA.

When tests are sent to the labs a sample of these are genetically sequenced, so it isn't all cases, but is a large number. Of these, 99% have been Delta for some time now. I think I'm right in saying that the UK does more sequencing for Covid variants than most countries (e.g. more than the rest of Europe combined). A weekly update is issued by Public Health England:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-variants-genomically-confirmed-case-numbers/variants-distribution-of-case-data-23-july-2021

PHE has stated: "The Delta variant currently accounts for approximately 99% of cases that are sequenced across the UK". Ref:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-variants-identified-in-uk

#23860 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I was planning on attending a car show in Carlisle, PA in August once the border opened again, but given the demographic of most car people and the fact that PA is basically ground zero for COVID now, I cancelled my hotel reservation. I'm fully vaxxed but my 6-year-old son is not and can't be, so it's not worth the risk so I can buy some car parts.

I've made a similar decision, and have wiped the rest of the year in terms of attending shows etc. Sad but it's the sensible thing to do.

Even though fully vaccinated, I don't want to be a vector infecting other family members, including some elderly folks. People need to understand that the vaccine only halves the risk of catching Covid, and that Delta has 1,000 times the amount of virus in the nose/sinuses vs Classic Covid, so you are quite likely to spread it to others. Finally, as 'life carries on' and the UK has e.g. just opened flights from US and Europe without quarantine (if double vaxed), clearly it will be a long time before we are down to negligible new cases, as mini-waves are going to keep happening due to 'opening up'. Delta spreads. It's what it does.

#23861 2 years ago
Quoted from telmnstr:

Quoted from Pinballs:

When tests are sent to the labs a sample of these are genetically sequenced, so it isn't all cases, but is a large number. Of these, 99% have been Delta for some time now. I think I'm right in saying that the UK does more sequencing for Covid variants than most countries (e.g. more than the rest of Europe combined). A weekly update is issued by Public Health England:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-variants-genomically-confirmed-case-numbers/variants-distribution-of-case-data-23-july-2021
PHE has stated: "The Delta variant currently accounts for approximately 99% of cases that are sequenced across the UK". Ref:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-variants-identified-in-uk

UK is kind of the gold standard when it comes to sequencing. They have done A LOT of sequencing and have been doing it for a long time for covid.

USA lags behind in a big way, but still better than most. We had the ability to scale up our testing last year, but didn’t.

South America in general, Peru and Chile specifically, get the participation prize. They sequence quite a bit, but they use shortcuts and not full sequencing. If they could do full sequencing at scale they would, they simply don’t have the capability. The result is they were and are mostly blind to the lambda variant.

#23863 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

There is 1000 times more virus in an infected person's respiratory tract with Delta vs the original virus. 50% of that is still a hell of a lot.

The unvaccinated are thinking it's going to be like it has been and they've been fine so far. I think many are in for a rude awakening.

#23864 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Seeing what all my car show buddies post on social media, plus following Levi's story on this thread has altered my plans even for the upcoming weekend. It is a car show at a church where the highlight are the chicken dinners they serve in the basement of the sanctuary. Being packed in that basement, 16 strangers grouped to a table, pretty much shoulder to shoulder, butt to butt, with a likely 30% vaccination rate (at best). No thanks. It is very good chicken however...

#23865 2 years ago

It is fixing to get serious. I wondered how long this was going to take.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/business/danny-meyer-vaccines/index.html

"Danny Meyer: If you want to be unvaccinated, 'you can dine somewhere else'"

"Danny Meyer, restaurateur and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group, is requiring his employees and all customers at his restaurants to prove that they've been vaccinated against Covid-19.

" "If you really want to go unvaccinated, you can dine somewhere else, and you can also go work somewhere else,"

" "We are requiring all guests to show proof they are fully vaccinated,"

"Guests will be asked to bring their "physical Covid-19 vaccine card,.."

We are still working thru the "mask wars". Now it will be the vax wars ( I am expecting lots of fireworks ).

I'm seriously thinking of getting my cards laminated and wearing them on a lanyard, but someone would probably stick a gun in my face and take them.

#23866 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You cut off the tops of your charts. What are they referring to?

I was replying to the post two above mine that said:

"If you come into PA, stay the F out of little redneck Fulton County in the southcentral area - just 22.96% have gotten both shots.
YIKES - fertile grounds for the spread soon of Alpha and Delta variants.

Great website with stats, some update during the daytime as data comes in:
https://data.democratandchronicle.com/covid-19-vaccine-tracker/pennsylvania/42/"

I think its interesting that "Rednecks" (derogatory term for working class white people in rural areas) are perceived as being the problem but they are 3 times more likely to have the vaccine than the city of Philadelphia according to the same source. So whats the problem there? Phildelphia is also 109 times more populous than Fulton County so which is the more fertile ground?

Honestly - can that number even be real??? only 7% of the population in the city is fully vaccinated???? Something seems off with this lol

covid0 (resized).pngcovid0 (resized).pngcovid01 (resized).pngcovid01 (resized).pngcovid02 (resized).pngcovid02 (resized).png

#23867 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

When tests are sent to the labs a sample of these are genetically sequenced, so it isn't all cases, but is a large number.

And you do not even need to fully sequence a virus to know which variant it is (as long as it is not a new variant); you can design specific primers for RT-PCR for each specific mutation of interest - cheaper, easier, faster (Of course full sequencing provides more information, and is useful for research, tracing new variants, etc).

Here are the stats here in France - check how fast delta is spreading.
We are not (yet) at 99%, more like 80-90% (source: https://covidtracker.fr/covidtracker-france/)

Capture d’écran 2021-07-29 à 20.16.24 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2021-07-29 à 20.16.24 (resized).png
#23869 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I was replying to the post two above mine that said:
"If you come into PA, stay the F out of little redneck Fulton County in the southcentral area - just 22.96% have gotten both shots.
YIKES - fertile grounds for the spread soon of Alpha and Delta variants.
Great website with stats, some update during the daytime as data comes in:
https://data.democratandchronicle.com/covid-19-vaccine-tracker/pennsylvania/42/"
I think its interesting that "Rednecks" (derogatory term for working class white people in rural areas) are perceived as being the problem but they are 3 times more likely to have the vaccine than the city of Philadelphia according to the same source. So whats the problem there? Phildelphia is also 109 times more populous than Fulton County so which is the more fertile ground?
Honestly - can that number even be real??? only 7% of the population in the city is fully vaccinated???? Something seems off with this lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. I see what you are talking about. Those numbers do seem to be off. Way off.

#23870 2 years ago

An oldie but goodie...

black_mirror_6th_season_v1_resized (resized).jpegblack_mirror_6th_season_v1_resized (resized).jpeg

#23871 2 years ago
zopIVrD (resized).jpegzopIVrD (resized).jpeg
#23874 2 years ago

Looks like the U.S. is not the only country where people do not want to take the vaccine. But unlike our "leaders" who keep tiptoeing around, this guy minces no words.

Philippines President Duterte belongs to the NFA political party ( You can parse NFA).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/07/29/philippine-president-covid-19-vaccine-lon-orig.cnn

#23876 2 years ago

Here it is ladies and gents. Get vaccinated and wear an f’ing mask when appropriate….

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/29/cdc-mask-guidance/

#23877 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

[quoted image]

That's nasty

#23878 2 years ago

The 'ready to' one? Yes, it is a bit 'Shameless'...!

#23879 2 years ago

This is interesting. You don't hear much about sewage surveillance even though it's a great early warning system, apparently.

"COVID-19: Sewage surveillance reveals 'widespread increase' of coronavirus in England last month"

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-sewage-surveillance-reveals-widespread-increase-of-coronavirus-in-england-last-month-12367257

"Genomic sequencing of wastewater samples can "provide an indication of where VOCs (variants of concern) and VUIs (variants under investigation) may be present across England", the report said.

It added: "This is done through genomic sequencing of wastewater samples, to provide an indication of where VOCs and VUIs may be present across England."

#23880 2 years ago

Quote of the day:

The irony of antivaxers saying they “don’t want to be part of an experiment” without realising they are now the control group.

#23881 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

This is interesting. You don't hear much about sewage surveillance even though it's a great early warning system, apparently.
"COVID-19: Sewage surveillance reveals 'widespread increase' of coronavirus in England last month"
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-sewage-surveillance-reveals-widespread-increase-of-coronavirus-in-england-last-month-12367257
"Genomic sequencing of wastewater samples can "provide an indication of where VOCs (variants of concern) and VUIs (variants under investigation) may be present across England", the report said.
It added: "This is done through genomic sequencing of wastewater samples, to provide an indication of where VOCs and VUIs may be present across England."

Semi-related: I read something the other day that our sewage treatment plants are not set up to filter out meth from the sewage and the fish are becoming meth addicts.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/meth-pollution-waterways-turning-trout-addicts-180978133/

Your link talks about how the virus in being tracked in the sewage system. But now, I am curious. Can this virus, or any virus, be spread by sewage?

#23882 2 years ago

Wastewater monitoring is a very effective tool. If you want to see an area that helped pioneer this and is doing it very well check this link.

https://613covid.ca/wastewater/

Provides a good example of how wastewater can be a leading indicator for trends of upcoming cases. Pretty interesting noninvasive science that can be used by health departments.

#23883 2 years ago

Provincial govt. announced we're moving to endemic phase and we are going to have to live with the coov. All restrictions will be lifted as of Aug 9. Going to be interesting what develops moving forward. I believe the pcr announcement from the CDC has a lot to do with it. Hard to base mandates on number of cases when the test might not be accurate.

#23884 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Kind of old news. When they do it for illicit and prescription drugs apparently it's off the charts.

I seem to remember something about being able to detect prescription drugs in the fresh water since it's run in a loop and people take so many (USA.)

#23885 2 years ago

The leaked CDC info is pretty scary. There is a lot of nuance to the issue of this Delta variant. The CDC messaging of how people need to respond needs to improve, but it’s a difficult task.

Just the mask issue has a lot of variables. When to wear, type of mask, what areas, what is your risk by mask type, people need to wear better masks, what if local authorities won’t enforce, knowing many people won’t comply, etc.

Tough to craft a message when 100% of the population has pandemic fatigue of varying degrees, 30-40% is resistant to any information or intervention, and some political leaders are constantly engaging in performative public displays to undermine any messaging.

“Vaccines work, get vaccinated” seemed to be the overriding message yesterday from the administration and I guess that is probably the best single message you could hope sinks in.

#23886 2 years ago
EmkiCUWWMAMfUV5 (resized).jpegEmkiCUWWMAMfUV5 (resized).jpeg
#23887 2 years ago
7G4G5tl (resized).jpeg7G4G5tl (resized).jpeg
#23888 2 years ago

Its like Mel Gibson said in Braveheart,Its FREEDOM to Kill myself and maybe others.Or we can keep this virus going if we do nothing and dont run out of people.

#23889 2 years ago

So, which is it?

One thinks she is sexy for not being vaccinated. And the vaxxed one is ready to jump your bones.

Decisions. Decisions.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think I'll go with a sure thing..............(See answer below)

Quoted from hAbO:

She’s 26.[quoted image]

ca6ab958b66399cc79e1c66ca407a0b1f9d32ec6 (resized).jpgca6ab958b66399cc79e1c66ca407a0b1f9d32ec6 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Pinballs:

[quoted image]

I love ya, girl

517mA8OZNBL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg517mAZNBL._AC_SX466_ (resized).jpg

And you have 5 daughters, too.

#23890 2 years ago

Nevada has come up with solution to get business booming again. See the new vaccination stations.

bellabnnr_a (resized).jpgbellabnnr_a (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

moonlite-bunny-ranch-truck-crash (resized).jpgmoonlite-bunny-ranch-truck-crash (resized).jpg

Ready to hit the road to do their part

6H2NILOIP7XU2Z2MNBIMWKQ3MU (resized).jpg6H2NILOIP7XU2Z2MNBIMWKQ3MU (resized).jpg

Screw the $100.00 the govt. wants to give out as vaccination inducements. Pass out vouchers to the Chicken Ranch. "1st jab..One lay. 2nd jab...one more lay. You are guaranteed to never feel the needle. "

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/nevada-brothels-reopen-after-long-hiatus-sex-workers-look-forward-to-return-to-work

We all benefit. The girls get to go back to work. The blisters on your hand can heal. And the country gets vaccinated. Win--win--win.

#23891 2 years ago

You need to raise your standards.

#23892 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Quote of the day:
The irony of antivaxers saying they “don’t want to be part of an experiment” without realising they are now the control group.

I may start thanking them. Not everyone is brave enough to volunteer for the control group.

#23893 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nevada has come up with solution to get business booming again. See the new vaccination stations.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Screw the $100.00 the govt. wants to give out as vaccination inducements. Pass out vouchers to the Chicken Ranch. "1st jab..One lay. 2nd jab...one more lay. You are guaranteed to never feel the needle. "
https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/nevada-brothels-reopen-after-long-hiatus-sex-workers-look-forward-to-return-to-work
We all benefit. The girls get to go back to work. The blisters on your hand can heal. And the country gets vaccinated. Win--win--win.

So you beat covid but your dick falls off ?

#23894 2 years ago
Quoted from telmnstr:

Kind of old news. When they do it for illicit and prescription drugs apparently it's off the charts.
I seem to remember something about being able to detect prescription drugs in the fresh water since it's run in a loop and people take so many (USA.)

Puts you off tapwater, even after a Brita filter.

#23895 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

You need to raise your standards.

OK. What shops do you visit when you come to Vegas

#23897 2 years ago

"Walmart mandates vaccines for all corporate employees".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/business/walmart-mask-policy-delta-covid/index.html

" Walmart is requiring all US-based corporate employees to be vaccinated by October 4, according to a Friday memo from Doug McMillon, the company's president and CEO"

" Publix announced Friday that it will require all associates to wear masks regardless of vaccination status effective August 12, according to the company's website.

" Customers will not be required to wear masks, but they will be strongly encouraged, and facilities will post signs to remind them of the CDC's new guidelines."

#23898 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The road to the Moonlite Bunny Ranch has these signs:

Screenshot_20210730-155002_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-155002_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-155009_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-155009_Gallery (resized).jpg
#23899 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. What shops do you visit when you come to Vegas

PXL_20210729_234908630 (resized).jpgPXL_20210729_234908630 (resized).jpg
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 478 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/478 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.