272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 470 of 576.
#23450 2 years ago

99% of covid deaths last month were unvaccinated.

#23451 2 years ago

Go ahead and inject me with a 3rd booster for the latest variant Lambada. The nanites will drown in alcohol anyhow.

#23452 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" Pfizer says it’s time for a Covid booster; FDA and CDC say not so fast"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html
"The company specified it would seek FDA emergency use authorization for a booster dose in August."
" But in an unusual move, two top federal agencies said Americans don’t need boosters yet and said it was not up to companies alone to decide when they might be needed."
=====================================
Looks like Pfizer is wanting to ring its cash register. But the buyers disappeared.

I'm not so sure. Look at the data coming out of Israel. Also, a little over a year ago the CDC was telling us we don't need to wear masks. I don't blindly trust either of them.

#23453 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" Pfizer says it’s time for a Covid booster; FDA and CDC say not so fast"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html
"The company specified it would seek FDA emergency use authorization for a booster dose in August."
" But in an unusual move, two top federal agencies said Americans don’t need boosters yet and said it was not up to companies alone to decide when they might be needed."
=====================================
Looks like Pfizer is wanting to ring its cash register. But the buyers disappeared.

I can't say the thought that Israel could be colluding with Pfizer to boost sales for Pfizer hasn't come into my mind just a little as a possibility. These reports of lower efficacy against the delta variant by Israel have not appeared to be proper mass medical studies and instead appear to be cherry picking small numbers of cases/people. Just a few days ago they were talking about how the vaccines may be effective for a long time (years) and how that may not be good for Pfizer/Moderna financially: https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/07/07/could-pfizer-and-moderna-now-face-their-second-wor/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&yptr=yahoo

I totally agree that it is up to the US agencies to decide when vaccines/boosters are needed, not the corporations.

#23454 2 years ago

That CNN article that came out yesterday saying our existing 2 shots are weakening quickly seems suspect. Especially since some studies are saying we might have protection for quite a long time. On the original strain of course not mutations.

#23455 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That CNN article that came out yesterday saying our existing 2 shots are weakening quickly seems suspect. Especially since some studies are saying we might have protection for quite a long time. On the original strain of course not mutations.

Just to clarify, the article said that Israel and Pfizer are saying the vaccines are weakening. The media is not saying it is true but is merely covering the story of what Pfizer and Israel are saying, and since then the media have been covering what the CDC and FDA are saying about not presently needing any boosters. Obviously it will take more time and data to figure out whether boosters will be needed.

#23456 2 years ago

Those that aren’t vaccinated yet need to soon. The Delta variant is like Covid on steroids. The booster shot isn’t a priority as much as getting those fully vaccinated first.

#23457 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

99% of covid deaths last month were unvaccinated.

Where did you see this statistic? Thanks.

#23458 2 years ago

An ode to the unvaccinated.

https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavirus/article252682263.html

" Delta variant sparks COVID outbreak in Oklahoma gymnastics gym — 85% were unvaccinated "

Welcome to the scourge of the world. It will not be going away until............

#23459 2 years ago

This is still a thing? We should do an experiment. New Law of segregation. Anti vaxers and covid deniers on one side of the country. Covid worshipers, mask shamers, people who wouldnt visit elderly family for months, and lockdown lovers. On the other side. Lets see who financially gains the most, and which side dies the most. Should I do a pole?

#23460 2 years ago

We're not doing well at the moment in The Netherlands

Covid positive tests Netherlands (resized).pngCovid positive tests Netherlands (resized).png

Our government let go of mask use at most places, schools reopened fully and nightlife has started again. Together with Delta, this is how it turned out.
I think the willingness to take a vaccination is really high here. Letting things 'loose' before we had the younger groups fully vaccinated probably was overly optimistic. I'm 43, and have yet to get my second shot (8 days from now). I made an appointment the hour I could, so that's giving you an idea of where we are. We are going fast now though, with 15 year-old being able to make an oppointment right now (and we started from high age to low). Maybe that's even more sad that we didn't wait a bit longer before letting loose too much (I can see doing that a little, when things go well, but we tool quite big steps all at once).
The really good news: hospitalisations still seem ok. That doesn't mean there's no more long covid and other problems though.

#23461 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

An ode to the unvaccinated.
https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavirus/article252682263.html
" Delta variant sparks COVID outbreak in Oklahoma gymnastics gym — 85% were unvaccinated "
Welcome to the scourge of the world. It will not be going away until............

What I learned from that article is that 15% of the people infected were vaccinated, and that 95% of the unvaccinated who got infected had non threatening symptoms and 5% required hospitalization with no deaths.

#23462 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Where did you see this statistic? Thanks.

on cnn and and again on abc

#23463 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

on cnn and and again on abc

It was from an interview with a CDC spokesperson who said 99.5 % of covid deaths were unvaccinated individuals.You can read more by doing a search on % of covid deaths unvaccinated.

#23464 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:Where did you see this statistic? Thanks.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Sorry, I havent visited here in a while. If this has been shared already, my apologies.

Lunch today, with 2 Family members, who are ICU Nurses in the Covid Wards in Orlando.
This, I did not know.

The States changes, issued by the Governor, dictate that they are NOT testing for Covid 19, or the Delta variance,
as it was done over the last year and a half.
Therefore ANY Covid numbers related to Florida are completely inaccurate.

A little scary.

#23465 2 years ago

Welcome to Florida!

deltac (resized).PNGdeltac (resized).PNG

#23467 2 years ago

Can you imagine just how useful it would be if getting the vaccine did actual make you magnetic?
No more dropping screws down tiny crevices as you try and work on your machine.

20210710_225112 (resized).jpg20210710_225112 (resized).jpg
#23468 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Can you imagine just how useful it would be if getting the vaccine did actual make you magnetic?
No more dropping screws down tiny crevices as you try and work on your machine.
[quoted image]

My neighbor/good friend actually believed that but told me how relieved she was when her magnetism went away.

So, being the mischievous friend that I am, I went and got a fridge magnet and a can of Coke and told her Coke magnetizes you too. Discretely wiped a little of the condensation from the can on my upper arm, chugged the Coke, and slapped that sucker right on.

You should have seen the look on her face.

(After a bit I explained to her what I did and tried to explain why the vaccine doesn’t cause magnetism)

#23469 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

This is still a thing? We should do an experiment. New Law of segregation. Anti vaxers and covid deniers on one side of the country. Covid worshipers, mask shamers, people who wouldnt visit elderly family for months, and lockdown lovers. On the other side. Lets see who financially gains the most, and which side dies the most. Should I do a pole?

Yes, you should def do a pole.

#23470 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Having a giddy death pool is probably a little insensitive. No need run an experiment because ones already underway. Tons of data, stats, polls broken down by ethnicity, state and income level to review until you’re blue in the face. Look at any map of highest/lowest vaccinated states and it’s apparent .

#23471 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

On the other side. Lets see who financially gains the most, and which side dies the most.

Not sure if it’s been covered in this forum but studies of US states, Scandinavian countries and several other countries show a correlation that those that had less people die of COVID per million also did better financially as measured by GDP.
Countries that kept covid under control did slightly better financially than those countries who tried to keep their economies open with less restrictions.

#23472 2 years ago

I convinced someone today that was a antivaxer to get their shot. Man it felt so good. I can see why volunteer work feels so good. I honestly believe I saved a life today.

#23473 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My neighbor/good friend actually believed that but told me how relieved she was when her magnetism went away.

At one time, my sister-in-law had a magnetic mattress pad on her bed. She showed it to me very cautiously, afraid that I was going to laugh at her ( I managed to bite my tongue ). I lifted up a corner of that mattress pad. It was heavy with magenta.

The woman has a strange belief system. I will say I have not seen any Himalayan salt rocks in her house, so she is not completely batshit loony. But the woman did say, " You are not American" because our political views do not mesh. Looking back over the years, she has never been able to run a cogent argument and resorts to name-calling to try and get her way.

magnetic-mattress-pad-last (resized).jpgmagnetic-mattress-pad-last (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

I typed in “magnet”. Auto-correct helped me out and changed it to magenta.

#23474 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Yes, you should def do a pole.

Enjoy!

#23475 2 years ago

I wonder if your sister-in-law bad mouths you on the magnetic mattress forum.

#23476 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

At one time, my sister-in-law had a magnetic mattress pad on her bed. She showed it to me very cautiously, afraid that I was going to laugh at her ( I managed to bite my tongue ). I lifted up a corner of that mattress pad. It was heavy with magenta.
The woman has a strange belief system. I will say I have not seen any Himalayan salt rocks in her house, so she is not completely batshit loony. But the woman did say, " You are not American" because our political views do not mesh. Looking back over the years, she has never been able to run a cogent argument and resorts to name-calling to try and get her way. [quoted image]

The magnet conspiracy theory always reminds me of Breaking Bad.

tenor.giftenor.gif
#23477 2 years ago

Here we go again...

The US is averaging about 19,455 new cases over the last seven days, a 47% increase from the week prior, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. And a third of those come from five hotspots:

Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Nevada.

"In places like Missouri where ICUs are packed, you're going to see a surprising amount of death. At Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Missouri, 91% of ICU patients are on ventilators and many are in their 20s, 30s and 40s. At the peak last year there were only 40 to 50% of ICU patients on ventilators."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

#23478 2 years ago

Any info circulating on smokers/vapers being a majority of younger people most drastically effected? Just curious. Especially on the vaping front.

#23479 2 years ago

How are the UK cases doing the last few days? Sorry about yesterday, shootouts suck! I was born in England.

#23480 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Any info circulating on smokers/vapers being a majority of younger people most drastically effected? Just curious. Especially on the vaping front.

My son said kids are drilling into the vape cartridges to save money ..bad idea apparently there is A wick.
Portion of deaths apparently

#23481 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Still tbd.

Early studies suggested a large correlation between vaping and negative outcomes.

More recent data suggests otherwise.

Personally, I have never bought into “vaping is safe” argument to begin with, so I have an inherent confirmation bias.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2021/06/30/e-cigarettes-vaping-covid-19-coronavirus/?sh=165d4dae1731

#23482 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Still tbd.
Early studies suggested a large correlation between gaping and negative outcomes.
More recent data suggests otherwise.
Personally, I have never bought into “vaping is safe” argument to begin with, so I have an inherent confirmation bias.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2021/06/30/e-cigarettes-vaping-covid-19-coronavirus/?sh=165d4dae1731

Not related to Covid.....I doubt any poisonous vapor that is inhaled offer any positive benefits to the human body. I had to consider that when I started vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. I figured that vaping is possibly less injurious. After trying hypnosis, nicotine gum, and the patch and after smoking for 46 years I went vaping. 3 months later I was cigarette free.

Nicotine gum is $34.00 for a box that lasts about a month.

Vape juice cost me about $10.00 per month.

Obviously, I have mixed emotions about vaping. I hate to see the kids get started but since it worked for me for walking away from tobacco, so I would be loathe to see it shut down.
--------------------

Now, back our regularly posted topic. Covid. I am now reading where a large group of people started cheering when it was announced the the vaccination goal that was established at the first of the year was not met. The goal was put up as goal of 90% of the population to be vaccinated and only 70% vaccination has been reached----and this got cheers from the crowd.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.48.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.48.58 PM (resized).png

#23483 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not related to Covid.....I doubt any poisonous vapor that is inhaled offer any positive benefits to the human body. I had to consider that when I started vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. I figured that vaping is possibly less injurious. After trying hypnosis, nicotine gum, and the patch and after smoking for 46 years I went vaping. 3 months later I was cigarette free.
Nicotine gum is $34.00 for a box that lasts about a month.
Vape juice cost me about $10.00 per month.
Obviously, I have mixed emotions about vaping. I hate to see the kids get started but since it worked for me for walking away from tobacco, so I would be loathe to see it shut down.
--------------------
Now, back our regularly posted topic. Covid. I am now reading where a large group of people started cheering when it was announced the the vaccination goal that was established at the first of the year was not met. The goal was put up as goal of 90% of the population to be vaccinated and only 70% vaccination has been reached----and this got cheers from the crowd.
[quoted image]

Where are you reading this?

#23484 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

a large correlation between gaping and negative outcomes.

Whoah… that turned from PG-13 quickly!

#23485 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

I hope they are as confident at this guy. The shirt should include UnEducated, UnIntelligent, and UnInformed also.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#23486 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They have a cut-off-your-nose to spite your face mindset and are gonna be right even if it kills them, or somebody else. I read a Facebook post today from a distant relation asking for prayers for a loved one in the hospital. They describe how it has been a rough year losing so many family members (3 or 4). There's the pic of the loved one in the hospital with supplemental oxygen. Anybody with a clue is thinking Covid. Someone asks what he's in for. They reply "health issues". These people don't wear masks, or social distance, and I'm certain they aren't vaccinated.

It's been a pretty consistent theme, even when it is Covid, it ain't gonna be Covid.

#23487 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

We're not doing well at the moment in The Netherlands
[quoted image]
Our government let go of mask use at most places, schools reopened fully and nightlife has started again. Together with Delta, this is how it turned out.
I think the willingness to take a vaccination is really high here. Letting things 'loose' before we had the younger groups fully vaccinated probably was overly optimistic. I'm 43, and have yet to get my second shot (8 days from now). I made an appointment the hour I could, so that's giving you an idea of where we are. We are going fast now though, with 15 year-old being able to make an oppointment right now (and we started from high age to low). Maybe that's even more sad that we didn't wait a bit longer before letting loose too much (I can see doing that a little, when things go well, but we tool quite big steps all at once).
The really good news: hospitalisations still seem ok. That doesn't mean there's no more long covid and other problems though.

That's a scary curve. What % adults have immunity in the Netherlands? In the UK, we have a similar curve with 90% immunity, and the decision has been made to open up from 19th July and let Covid wave 3 run its natural course without lockdown. At least in the Netherlands your government is taking action and isn't as dumb as our leaders!

#23488 2 years ago

Up, up and away! Once social distancing laws are revoked on 19th July (and already effectively happened with Wimbledon, Euro 2020 etc), it's predicted UK daily cases will exceed 100,000 peak. Apparently lockdown and social distancing aren't needed anymore. The PM hopes people will wear masks where necessary, but it is no longer a legal requirement. I'm sure everyone will behave well, as the Euro 2020 final illustrated...

Imagine millions of people shaking their heads and rolling their eyes in incredulity. That's the British public, that is.

_119362363_optimised-uk_daily_cases_with_ra_12jul-nc (resized).png_119362363_optimised-uk_daily_cases_with_ra_12jul-nc (resized).png
#23489 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Up, up and away! Once social distancing laws are revoked on 19th July (and already effectively happened with Wimbledon, Euro 2020 etc), it's predicted UK daily cases will exceed 100,000 peak. Apparently lockdown and social distancing aren't needed anymore. The PM hopes people will wear masks where necessary, but it is no longer a legal requirement. I'm sure everyone will behave well, as the Euro 2020 final illustrated...
Imagine millions of people shaking their heads and rolling their eyes in incredulity. That's the British public, that is.
[quoted image]

The good thing is the vaccines appear to be working as the UK at the peak was having 1,800 deaths per day and now it is down to less than 50 daily, even with the recent spike in positive cases.

#23490 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Where are you reading this?

Google search: "cheers missing vaccination goals". That will take you there.

#23491 2 years ago

How many of those cases are severe? Despite case counts rising, death rate remains low.

Screenshot_20210713-081122 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210713-081122 (resized).png
#23492 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

[quoted image]

Absolutely no doubt that cases of infections are rising, but hospitalisations and fatalities just aren't there.

Below are live figures from the hospital I work in.

Discharge (resized).pngDischarge (resized).pngadmissions (resized).pngadmissions (resized).png

#23493 2 years ago

Trusting the public to be sensible after Covid laws are abolished on 19th July... It might happen

09q3HHl (resized).jpg09q3HHl (resized).jpg45307051-9777235-image-a-851_1626014559881 (resized).jpg45307051-9777235-image-a-851_1626014559881 (resized).jpg
#23494 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Trusting the public to be sensible after Covid laws are abolished on 19th July... It might happen [quoted image][quoted image]

I guess this is kind of a mask.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23495 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Absolutely no doubt that cases of infections are rising, but hospitalisations and fatalities just aren't there.
Below are live figures from the hospital I work in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hope the trend continues in 2-3 weeks when the current cases would traditionally be hitting the hospitals.

If so, it bodes well for the regions globally that have similar vaccination rates.

#23496 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Trusting the public to be sensible after Covid laws are abolished on 19th July... It might happen [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the content that keeps me coming back, thank you!

#23497 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess this is kind of a mask.

Yeah, but his father smelt of elderberries.

#23498 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Trusting the public to be sensible after Covid laws are abolished on 19th July... It might happen [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WHAT in the F is that!! The only woman i see is the old lady with the giant bush, lol! Was it sausage fest day there or what?

#23499 2 years ago

My experience is that the people who are not vaccinated at this point are probably 70% hard core against it for either political or anti-vax reasons. I’ve tried to debunk myths with these folks but it’s really like talking to a wall. There are some younger patients who have not been vaccinated yet and we might see some improvement in vaccine rates among those under 40 in the next month or so.

I’m not sure anything is going to convince the older unvaccinated folks to get the vaccine, as has been said above; once you are so deep into a way of thinking it’s really tough to break out of it.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 470 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/470?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.