Topic Stats

• 21,439 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pinball_Gizzard
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,087 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.34.37 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.34.27 PM (resized).png
Screenshot_20210125-174734~2 (resized).png
nickleback (resized).jpg
CBD592FC-A9B1-44C0-AF92-F76FD80E1DD9 (resized).jpeg
14B7CF02-2E78-4D85-9341-076165423125 (resized).jpeg
9901678_012221-cc-cnn-troops-parking-garage-img (resized).jpeg
C1CDB543-3981-4E71-830E-B7957289D153 (resized).jpeg
DCBC2F8F-CA84-4DDB-ACD6-1E40DF12C84F (resized).jpeg
20210121_121739.jpg
20210121_121719.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Dentalchair_a (resized).png
ADEF9814-41EB-4103-A43B-2BB7443A3537 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210118-233900~2 (resized).png
victoria (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

140 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21442 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 429.
#2201 10 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Regardless of what the feds do, it will really come down to the governors.

As it should be. Not every state has the same needs.

#2202 10 months ago

Come to think of it, this is the first time in my life I’ve been deemed essential.

#2203 10 months ago

He is saying kill the small and middle class businesses by bailing out the billionaire fortune 500 class and sending everyone back to work (for someone else,) as opposed to "The American Dream"

#2204 10 months ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

As it should be. Not every state has the same needs.

If every state had the option of closing its borders, I would agree with that 100%.

#2205 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Same old shit. Let's put businesses out of business and get people working again. The Nation is on the financial brink and class warfare is still front and center.

Exactly. I think I know where you stand but I don't understand this sentence.

#2206 10 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If every state had the option of closing its borders, I would agree with that 100%.

So far, I like how my governor has handled things.

#2207 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hope you are right man. The vibe I'm getting is these idiots want America open for business in a matter of days. That's what Laura Ingraham wants, and she calls the shots now, for each and every one of us.

Funny. And I thought it was Sean Hanity who is the Wizard pulling the levers.

#2208 10 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Exactly. I think I know where you stand but I don't understand this sentence.

Corporate handouts, bailing out the wealthy, making billionaires whole, screwing the little guy, putting profits before people, corporate welfare, voodoo economics....blah blah blah.

This is the same shit that's been said since the 80's, even the NYT is finding it hard to keep it fresh and original!

#2209 10 months ago

We are 6-8 weeks behind the virus on this because of the testing failures. If we were fully tested up and had data from all over and surveillance of cases in progress - we could be making better decisions today. We aren't there.

We are about 1 week into real testing and have almost no data. Can't make smart decisions, so we did the smart thing and shut everything down. Erred on the side of caution and it will let us 'catch up' a bit to the virus.

They are ramping up testing and we will soon be able to make better decisions. I don't think we are gonna go back to whatever the new normal is in 2-3 weeks for sure. But with testing, surveillance, maybe a treatment or 2, and some other strategies - it is probably reasonable to start letting some people get back to normal whenever the available information allows it.

Without sacrificing the grandparents.

#2210 10 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Anyone else gaining weight and almost out of bourbon?

Lost weight. Actually, HELL NO to both!

109899D0-3FD0-4D3D-A04B-4497D32FF6EA (resized).jpeg
#2211 10 months ago

Crap I want all 3 of those things!

#2212 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Lost weight. Actually, HELL NO to both! [quoted image]

I think I know which of those two you like better.

#2213 10 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Come to think of it, this is the first time in my life I’ve been deemed essential.

See, your glass is half full!

#2214 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

I think I know which of those two you like better.

The Jimmy hasn’t even been cracked open yet.

That’s gonna change shortly.

#2216 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

At least you drank the right one first!

#2217 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Corporate handouts, bailing out the wealthy, making billionaires whole, screwing the little guy, putting profits before people, corporate welfare, voodoo economics....blah blah blah.
This is the same shit that's been said since the 80's, even the NYT is finding it hard to keep it fresh and original!

Huh.

Glad everything is just like the 80s and the biggest crisis our country has seen in my 45 years on Earth is not happening around most of us right now (including out friends overseas).

Perfectly normal. Even the NYT is finding it hard to keep the Covid-19 stories fresh!!!

#2218 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Colsond's Vamp is so cool!!

I think you were trying to buy it when you were here.

#2219 10 months ago

Did everyone miss the Memo? This thing don't just kill the Grandparents. With this reasoning Grandparents will be the only ones alive in 6 Months.

#2220 10 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Did everyone miss the Memo? This thing don't just kill the Grandparents. With this reasoning Grandparents will be the only ones alive in 6 Months.

#2221 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

We are 6-8 weeks behind the virus on this because of the testing failures. If we were fully tested up and had data from all over and surveillance of cases in progress - we could be making better decisions today. We aren't there.
We are about 1 week into real testing and have almost no data. Can't make smart decisions, so we did the smart thing and shut everything down. Erred on the side of caution and it will let us 'catch up' a bit to the virus.
They are ramping up testing and we will soon be able to make better decisions. I don't think we are gonna go back to whatever the new normal is in 2-3 weeks for sure. But with testing, surveillance, maybe a treatment or 2, and some other strategies - it is probably reasonable to start letting some people get back to normal whenever the available information allows it.
Without sacrificing the grandparents.

We’re far more than 6 weeks behind. That’s why the virus seems to be exploding in spread with every test administered.

#2222 10 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a mowing business and our state was put under restrictions today. The list actually has my job as essential and it sld be imo. I take care of 80+ apartments and houses in town. I cant imagine letting them.go and getting super overgrown as it doesn't take long for mother nature to take things back over. Overgrown places can cause their own problems with bugs, animals and trash. I work alone and keep to myself most of the time but will definitely be with all this stuff going on. People going to the grocery stores and liquor stores are more a issue than me and most landscaping companies are imo.

You should thank the leaders. They all have big yards and fat asses, and need to keep their yards tip top. They will always feather their own nests.

Several years ago, many new taxes were levied on tobacco. The tobacco tax was going to get jacked. I rolled my own at the time and I could buy a 16 oz. sack of tobacco and 400 cigarette tubes for about $14.00. Phillip-Morris (Altria) pitched a bitch about it and said the roll-your-own tobacco makers needed to pay more tax, too. It was only fair, said they. So, the leaders jacked the tax on a one pound bag of cigarette tobacco and that one pound bag now cost $50.00 with the tax. But the leaders were smart to not cut off their nose. They did not tax pipe tobacco because many of them smoked pipes; They were not going fuck theirselves with this tax grab.

It was not long that all you saw on the shelves was loose "pipe" tobacco for just a dollar or two more than the old cigarette tobacco cost. Before I finally quit smoking I smoked a lot of "pipe" tobacco.

#2224 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

The media was asking Trump about months possibly into July and August and he was talking about possibly weeks for some states that are not getting hit as hard as NY and CA. You make it sound like he said in a couple of days and somehow you have no gripe about Dems holding up aid and assistance from Americans that needed it last week. Why don't we wait and see what states start easing restrictions sooner than later before you go full TDS, your in NY so they will be one of the last to follow suit anyway.

One of the sticking points is that McConnell's proposal only included 3 months of unemployment benefits for Average Joe, and millions of dollars going the big corporations with very little over sight. Basically, the money would disappear like a fart in the wind ( Stephan King-Shawshank Redemption). Some people want corporate accountability, some people want to make sure the corporation does not grab the money and then start laying off employees.

#2225 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Before I finally quit smoking I smoked a lot of "pipe" tobacco.

OVER TO YOU COTTON

#2226 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hot Damn, Colson ! That Vampire is good looking pin. Nice work.

#2227 10 months ago

Article is a couple days old and not the primary source, but thought it was worth reading if not terribly convincing yet. Possible link between blood type and susceptibility to the virus. Will be interesting to see what is causing the somewhat random degrees of severity in cases. Different strains or... ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/claryestes/2020/03/20/what-the-relationship-between-blood-type-and-coronavirus-susceptibility-means-for-future-treatments/#44ba946e677c

#2228 10 months ago
Quoted from canea:

Article is a couple days old and not the primary source, but thought it was worth reading if not terribly convincing yet. Possible link between blood type and susceptibility to the virus. Will be interesting to see what is causing the somewhat random degrees of severity in cases. Different strains or... ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/claryestes/2020/03/20/what-the-relationship-between-blood-type-and-coronavirus-susceptibility-means-for-future-treatments/#44ba946e677c

There also seems to be gender differences too, as men are hit harder.

#2229 10 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

We’re far more than 6 weeks behind. That’s why the virus seems to be exploding in spread with every test administered.

Sure, but we are 6-8 weeks behind where we should be, considering when the information was known/recognized as a threat by our threat detectors. We built our first coronavirus test on January 27th or so and then screwed that up until early March.

#2230 10 months ago
Quoted from canea:

Lucky for us coronavirus research is also happening on a logarithmic scale. Here is an article on a possible blood pressure medication link:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-ace-inhibitors-angiotensin-receptor-blockers.html

#2231 10 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

OVER TO YOU COTTON

image (resized).png

#2232 10 months ago

So I plan to get more groceries - and let’s get real- no one seems to practice distancing when food is involved.

Should I use the self checkout (touch screen - no sanitizer around) or a clerk (more humans touching the food)
Thinking of wearing gloves, but which option is really “cleaner”?

Feel like I’m on some candid camera show in bizarro world. Need a drink.

#2233 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Lucky for us coronavirus research is also happening on a logarithmic scale. Here is an article on a possible blood pressure medication link:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-ace-inhibitors-angiotensin-receptor-blockers.html

Awesome info. I just checked my meds and I am on one of those mentioned in the article.

#2234 10 months ago

This may have been posted already (hard to follow the firehose pace this thread flows at), but here’s one guy who is drawing somewhat more optimistic conclusions from the data. He has both a relevant degree and a Nobel prize under his belt, but I hope that won’t dissuade anyone from taking a look.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate

One outlier opinion isn’t reason to pitch social distancing and other controls out the window, but it sure would be nice if he turns out to be correct.

#2235 10 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

No, I get it. The guy was stupid all by himself and solely responsible. Who knows maybe had a mental condition?
But would he have had the idea in the absence of T's comments? If not, then seems like what T said would not be an insignificant factor.

I would be more inclined to think he got the idea from some brilliant advice from Facebook, Twitter, etc. Ya' can't fix stupid.

#2236 10 months ago

Wow, Hawaii just shut down. No one can go, not exactly paradise right now.

#2237 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh.
Glad everything is just like the 80s and the biggest crisis our country has seen in my 45 years on Earth is not happening around most of us right now (including out friends overseas).
Perfectly normal. Even the NYT is finding it hard to keep the Covid-19 stories fresh!!!

If it only it was the 80's again.

FWIW, I agree that we shouldn't be taking our foot of the pedal just yet. Just gotta get that "bailout" package going and let's strip it of all the useless pork/wishlist shit.

#2238 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

So I plan to get more groceries - and let’s get real- no one seems to practice distancing when food is involved.
Should I use the self checkout (touch screen - no sanitizer around) or a clerk (more humans touching the food)

I'm going with self-checkout these days, and I HATE self-checkout.

It just seems way too difficult at the register. Everybody is on top of each other, the other customers and the cashier. The machine, yeah everybody touches it, whatever. Just do a quick sanitzer, bag, scan and pay, re-sanitize, and grab your shit. I've been twice since this started and that's how I've done it, it's way faster and the machines are spread out nicely.

#2239 10 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Anyone else gaining weight and almost out of bourbon?

Nope. There are another seven bottles of bourbon, two bottles of Irish, two bottles of Scotch, three bottles of tequila, and four bottles of vodka not pictured.

IMG-0161 (resized).jpg
#2240 10 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Nope. There are another seven bottles of bourbon, two bottles of Irish, two bottles of Scotch, three bottles of tequila, and four bottles of vodka not pictured.[quoted image]

Sounds like a fun Monday night.

#2241 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm going with self-checkout these days, and I HATE self-checkout.
It just seems way too difficult at the register. Everybody is on top of each other, the other customers and the cashier. The machine, yeah everybody touches it, whatever. Just do a quick sanitzer, bag, scan and pay, re-sanitize, and grab your shit. I've been twice since this started and that's how I've done it, it's way faster and the machines are spread out nicely.

I've been self-checking long time now. It is like pumping your own gas. Cash register clerks are slowly disappearing into the world of the gas pump jockeys and telephone operators.

#2242 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This may have been posted already (hard to follow the firehose pace this thread flows at), but here’s one guy who is drawing somewhat more optimistic conclusions from the data. He has both a relevant degree and a Nobel prize under his belt, but I hope that won’t dissuade anyone from taking a look.
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate
One outlier opinion isn’t reason to pitch social distancing and other controls out the window, but it sure would be nice if he turns out to be correct.

It's funny, you read the article and someone below said on the 20th "well he was wrong on Italy, he said it was peeking" and actually looking at it now that this guy was right on Italy too.

The problem is, China and Italy totally locked down. We have not. And several states have done a very poor job handling this whole thing making the issue much worse because we won't do anything at a national level. I kind of wish we could close state borders here, like it seems like Florida and Louisiana are going to be the next big problem areas. Washington seems to have stabilized their issues, they've done a good job.

I think we have to hope that the new drugs work. And we have to get more test kits out there asap.

#2243 10 months ago

I don't think easing restrictions would even benefit the economy much. Sure some people will venture out, but once hospitals fill up, that'll stop quickly. Large percent of the population is going to be too scared to go out or even go to work.

It seems the best way to fix the economy is to get the virus under control. That could mean waiting for a vaccine or a promising anti-viral. Maybe it's ramping up testing enormously where people can find out in 10 minutes whether they have it and should leave the house.

I just know personally there is no way I'm going to sit down in a restaurant next week if things open up. Nor am I going to be making unnecessary errands.

#2244 10 months ago

All I can say is after reading what the governor of Texas said today, is everyone in Texas needs to cough on him and see if he feels the same way.

#2245 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Drive up is your friend. You pull in, they come to your window, you open the door, you give them money, they do their thing and best of all no eye contact!

#2246 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hot Damn, Colson ! That Vampire is good looking pin. Nice work.

Thanks Craig! If you want a distraction or break from our daily COVID reading extravaganza....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-vampire-restoration-input-suggestions-welcome

In times of crisis...always powdercoat the rear backbox panel.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled shitshow...

7AAC20DE-DDB5-452C-A585-F6C73B0C68F8 (resized).jpeg49253432-38DC-47E2-B9FE-BB5178D03607 (resized).jpeg08CBEC9E-1C48-4537-80D1-B90CDBEF98D2 (resized).jpeg1C30CF8B-DF51-489B-8F60-B6C7B4345E18 (resized).jpeg
#2247 10 months ago

If I'm going to be stuck in my house, I'm buying another pin damit!
I'm thinking AFM SE NIB!

#2248 10 months ago

Bad news on the automakers ventilators. Not quite as far along in the process as had been suggested by the powers that be. Not really surprised as I was scratching my head about how the hell they could already be up and running.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/03/23/gm-and-ford-are-not-yet-making-ventilators-despite-trumps-assertion/amp/

Good news is that they do plan to do it. More good news is that while they spool up it gives the government time to maybe organize how the new ventilators will be distributed.

#2249 10 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Bad news on the automakers ventilators. Not quite as far along in the process as had been suggested by the powers that be. Not really surprised as I was scratching my head about how the hell they could already be up and running.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/03/23/gm-and-ford-are-not-yet-making-ventilators-despite-trumps-assertion/amp/
Good news is that they do plan to do it. More good news is that while they spool up it gives the government time to maybe organize how the new ventilators will be distributed.

Well, we are gonna need them, cause keeping hotels and golf courses open is more important to some people than keeping us off ventilators.

#2250 10 months ago

If, with no medicine or treatment, we have had several plagues wipe out half the population,
and we have had small pox wipe out 90% of a population, without Meds, and treatment. Do we have any clue what the mortality rate will be, after system overloads, and we have millions without treatment?

I have no idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 8,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 269.99
€ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 21442 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 429.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside