272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 447 of 576.
#22300 3 years ago

I'm having a moment today where I can't tell if my sore back is from my Covid vaccine or hauling a pin out of a basement today.

#22301 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone received the johnson and johnson 1 shot vaccine yet? Did you have any side effects?

I received J&J about 1 1/2 months ago. The day after I had a horrible migraine type headache that went away by that evening. So far I'm happy with getting it and the piece of mind to do things in public such as restaurants, movies etc...

#22302 3 years ago

My wife and I had J&J vax on Firday.
She had absolutely no side effects, I had sore arm and fatigue after 24hrs, then fine.
But now just hope my wife does not read about the blood clot issue with J&J, as she is such a worrier.
She said she moved her shot arm around for about an hour after receiving her shot
and that may have helped relieve/prevent the soreness i experienced.

#22303 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

She had absolutely no side effects, I had sore arm and fatigue after 24hrs, then fine.
But now just hope my wife does not read about the blood clot issue with J&J, as she is such a worrier.
She said she moved her shot arm around for about an hour after receiving her shot
and that may have helped relieve/prevent the soreness i experienced.

I'm sure she'll be fine (6 reported cases in 6.8 million doses administered), but it's important to know the symptoms to look for.

"For people who have received the Johnson & Johnson shot, those who have developed severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain or shortness of breath within three weeks after vaccination should contact their health care provider, according to the statement."

CDC & FDA recommend pausing the J&J rollout...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/health/johnson-vaccine-pause-cdc-fda/index.html

#22304 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm sure she'll be fine (6 reported cases in 6.8 million doses administered), but it's important to know the symptoms to look for.
"For people who have received the Johnson & Johnson shot, those who have developed severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain or shortness of breath within three weeks after vaccination should contact their health care provider, according to the statement."
CDC & FDA recommend pausing the J&J rollout...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/health/johnson-vaccine-pause-cdc-fda/index.html

This is a great article discussing the risk/reward of the J&J shot ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/13/risk-reward-calculus-johnson-johnson-vaccine-visualized/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F31daa90%2F6075c41f9d2fda1dfb4dc4e7%2F5fb9bdacae7e8a48fd55b522%2F8%2F70%2F6075c41f9d2fda1dfb4dc4e7

The bottom line is that the blood clots are extremely rare, and the benefits of the shot greatly outweigh the risks. That being said, if I was a woman of child bearing age, I'd probably choose one of the mRNA vaccines just to be on the safe side.

#22305 3 years ago

The J&J vaccine has had an even more challenging time than AZ, what with the product recalls due to production issues etc. In terms of the cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) issue, seems similar to AZ, 1 in a million incidence of death, similar vaccine mechanism of action etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56733715

In the UK, under-30s won't be getting AZ, but everyone else can (as well as the other vaccines). I'd expect the other vaccines to have safety 'scares' later as more data are collected, but at a 1 in a million risk or less, I'm not personally losing sleep over it. If you drive 250 miles, you have a 1 in a million risk of dying. etc etc. But of course no-one wants to be that kind of 1 in a million!

It saddens me to see vaccine rollouts stopped or delayed due to this, especially in countries with low vaccination rates so far e.g. Europe, South Africa. You could literally calculate how many people will die as a result But judging risk is difficult, of course. I don't envy the drug regulators their decision-making!

#22306 3 years ago

the pause on J&J is primarily to remind med staff of the proper treatment if this type of blood clots do occur. Normal treatment of blood clots in general uses medication that is very dangerous for this type of blood clot.

Also for more perspective:

Non-vaccine related thrombocytopenia is estimated to affect roughly 33 of each 1 million U.S. adults per year, which would appear to put six reports of clotting in the two weeks after a Johnson & Johnson vaccination at something very close to the "normal" background rate of such reports. Even if it does turn out that the immune response generated by this particular vaccine has a one-per-million chance of causing such clotting, those risks remain much, much lower than the risk of death from COVID-19 itself.

#22307 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It saddens me to see vaccine rollouts stopped or delayed due to this, especially in countries with low vaccination rates so far e.g. Europe, South Africa. You could literally calculate how many people will die as a result But judging risk is difficult, of course. I don't envy the drug regulators their decision-making!

I'm sure part of the calculus is recognizing how strongly anti-vax cultures worldwide have become. Have to make a big show of investigating side effects, no matter how rare, to avoid losing an extra few percent in overall participation rate, which would also have a significant cost in lives. It's unfortunate that we force our own medical community to treat us like fragile-minded cavemen encountering the wheel for the first time, but there it is.

#22308 3 years ago

Past the 24 hour mark, all is good, just some minor soreness in the arm.

#22309 3 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Past the 24 hour mark, all is good, just some minor soreness in the arm.

Mine was the worst on day 2 post injection. Took a couple Aleve, ignored the slight discomfort the remainder of the day.
All things considered, if that is the worst Covid experience I have, I'm OK with it.

#22310 3 years ago

Meanwhile, in India (from "The Wire"):

COVID-19: Queues at Crematoria Again Suggest Inconsistencies in Official Data
At the sight of the pile of bodies of people who died due to COVID-19 at a crematorium in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, the relative of one such victim told NDTV that he’d last witnessed anything similar during the 1984 gas tragedy. “In four hours, I have seen 30-40 bodies here,” he added.

But the magnitude of the crisis doesn’t seem to match Madhya Pradesh’s official data. In fact, NDTV reported that there appear to be “major inconsistencies” between official state data of the number of deaths due to COVID-19 and the number of bodies that need to be cremated in line with COVID-19 protocols at designated crematoria.

There were 37 bodies waiting to be cremated on April 12 at Bhopal’s Bhadbhada facility whereas the Madhya Pradesh bulletin listed only 37 deaths in the whole state on that day. Similarly, on April 8, 35 bodies had to be cremated in Bhopal alone but the bulletin specified only 27 deaths; on April 9, it was 35 bodies v. 23 in the bulletin. The state government has denied any wrongdoing, with education minister Vishwas Sarang saying “we will not get any award” for fudging the death count.

But the deaths count is at the same time obviously wrong. For example, on April 11, facilities in Bhopal cremated 68 bodies while Indore reported five, but the state bulletin mentioned only 24 deaths in Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh and other states have in the past resorted to underreporting deaths due to COVID-19, often in an effort to show that states ruled by some political parties are doing better than others, as well as to underplay the risk due to the disease so the local economy isn’t threatened.

Last year, as India’s COVID-19 case load climbed from March to September, mismatches between reports from crematoria and official data suggested similar underreporting in Delhi, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat, among other states. The Wire Science also found that health officials in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Puducherry were not including deaths suspected to be due to COVID-19 in the official tallies.

The mismatch was most pronounced in Gujarat, the state from which Prime Minister Narendra Modi hails and whose ‘Gujarat model’ of development he has championed on multiple occasions.

In Ahmedabad, the municipal data said 19 people had died of COVID-19 on November 27, 2020. But local journalists were able to speak to people who said they were 36th in line at one crematorium or that they had been turned away at some facilities because the latter were overworked.

#22311 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

on April 9, it was 35 bodies v. 23 in the bulletin

Obvious explanation is that they are cremating people who aren't dead yet. Queue the Monty Python music.

#22312 3 years ago

1st Moderna shot done today. No issues.

#22313 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:Has anyone received the johnson and johnson 1 shot vaccine yet? Did you have any side effects?

Received it last week. I didn’t even feel the shot. I wasn’t paying attention when I got the shot and then I heard all done. I am starting to wonder if I even got the shot. This one no soreness, no side effects, nothing.

#22314 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Meanwhile, in India (from "The Wire"):
COVID-19: Queues at Crematoria Again Suggest Inconsistencies in Official Data
At the sight of the pile of bodies of people who died due to COVID-19 at a crematorium in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, the relative of one such victim told NDTV that he’d last witnessed anything similar during the 1984 gas tragedy. “In four hours, I have seen 30-40 bodies here,” he added.
But the magnitude of the crisis doesn’t seem to match Madhya Pradesh’s official data. In fact, NDTV reported that there appear to be “major inconsistencies” between official state data of the number of deaths due to COVID-19 and the number of bodies that need to be cremated in line with COVID-19 protocols at designated crematoria.
There were 37 bodies waiting to be cremated on April 12 at Bhopal’s Bhadbhada facility whereas the Madhya Pradesh bulletin listed only 37 deaths in the whole state on that day. Similarly, on April 8, 35 bodies had to be cremated in Bhopal alone but the bulletin specified only 27 deaths; on April 9, it was 35 bodies v. 23 in the bulletin. The state government has denied any wrongdoing, with education minister Vishwas Sarang saying “we will not get any award” for fudging the death count.
But the deaths count is at the same time obviously wrong. For example, on April 11, facilities in Bhopal cremated 68 bodies while Indore reported five, but the state bulletin mentioned only 24 deaths in Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh and other states have in the past resorted to underreporting deaths due to COVID-19, often in an effort to show that states ruled by some political parties are doing better than others, as well as to underplay the risk due to the disease so the local economy isn’t threatened.
Last year, as India’s COVID-19 case load climbed from March to September, mismatches between reports from crematoria and official data suggested similar underreporting in Delhi, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat, among other states. The Wire Science also found that health officials in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Puducherry were not including deaths suspected to be due to COVID-19 in the official tallies.
The mismatch was most pronounced in Gujarat, the state from which Prime Minister Narendra Modi hails and whose ‘Gujarat model’ of development he has championed on multiple occasions.
In Ahmedabad, the municipal data said 19 people had died of COVID-19 on November 27, 2020. But local journalists were able to speak to people who said they were 36th in line at one crematorium or that they had been turned away at some facilities because the latter were overworked.

From August 2020, India was puzzle for its continued downward move in cases and deaths. In March 2021, it looks like India has done something wrong. I also read where India has shut exports of the vaccine that is making on contract basis.

Talk about a surge.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.16.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.16.09 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.16.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.16.37 PM (resized).png

#22315 3 years ago

Brazil is not looking so good, either.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.26.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.26.46 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.27.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.27.02 PM (resized).png

Same for Turkey

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.31.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.31.13 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.31.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.31.38 PM (resized).png

#22316 3 years ago

My kids both got their first Pfizer shot today. Five more weeks and our whole family will be fully protected. It will be nice to return to some semblance of normalcy after being super careful for more than a year.

#22317 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My kids both got their first Pfizer shot today. Five more weeks and our whole family will be fully protected. It will be nice to return to some semblance of normalcy after being super careful for more than a year.

I feel like July 4th in the US is going to be absolutely -bonkers- of a holiday, along with summer vacations.

#22318 3 years ago

At 5:07pm to day it will be 36 hours since my second shot, I have had no side effects other then a very mild sore arm and it's all but gone! A week from this Monday I should be ready to reenter society!

#22319 3 years ago

I just had my 2nd shot, and my wife gets her 2nd tomorrow. I’m grateful to have avoided this thing for over a year, and for the unprecedented speed that the vaccines were created with.

#22320 3 years ago

This is not good. I figured since I was vaccinated, that I could still get infected. But I thought dying was not supposed to be part of the package.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/health/breakthrough-infections-covid-vaccines-cdc/index.html

"About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.

Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 -- 7% -- of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization.

#22321 3 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

At 5:07pm to day it will be 36 hours since my second shot, I have had no side effects other then a very mild sore arm and it's all but gone! A week from this Monday I should be ready to reenter society!

Same for me, I hit 95% immunity on Saturday, pretty good feeling! Making summer travel plans, really feels like life is opening back up again.

#22322 3 years ago

It’s sounding like a 3rd shot will be needed within 12 months for the Pfizer vaccination.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/15/pfizer-ceo-says-third-covid-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html

#22323 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is not good. I figured since I was vaccinated, that I could still get infected. But I thought dying was not supposed to be part of the package.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/health/breakthrough-infections-covid-vaccines-cdc/index.html
"About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.
Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 -- 7% -- of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization.

#22324 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unfortunately many who get vaccinated are going to assume they don’t have to continue social distancing and masking and we’ll see more and more infections despite vaccinations. And a vaccine that’s 90% effective isn’t going to help those in the 10% group ...

#22325 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

With the vaccine being around 95% effective there was bound to still be thousands of positive cases and sadly even some deaths with 100+ million people being vaccinated. Dying from Covid if you've had the vaccine sounds like a < .01% chance. One article I looked up said the chances of dying from Covid after being vaccinated are 0.00003%.

If you are vaccinated I say go and enjoy your life. I take this virus seriously but at some point we need to get back to normal or this will never end.

Quoted from jfh:

Unfortunately many who get vaccinated are going to assume they don’t have to continue social distancing and masking and we’ll see more and more infections despite vaccinations. And a vaccine that’s 90% effective isn’t going to help those in the 10% group ...

Below are CDC guidelines for gatherings if you are vaccinated. I understand the need to still wear a mask in public but if you are meeting other vaccinated people in a private setting a mask isn't needed.

Once fully vaccinated I'll still of course continue to wear a mask in public but I'm no longer going to fear this virus. Nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, hell there's probably a .01% we die of something else other then Covid each day.

323698_A_COVID-19_AfterVaccine (resized).jpg323698_A_COVID-19_AfterVaccine (resized).jpg

#22326 3 years ago

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. So far, I don't even have any arm soreness, much less any other symptoms. Looking forward to breathing a little easier in the next few weeks... but I will continue to take reasonable precautions when out and about (including wearing a mask for the forseeable future).

#22327 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Today is my “fully vaccinated” day. And these numbers make me feel great about the vaccine.

When I read that article, I was struck by what good news it was. The thing I didn’t like was the percentage they listed (7%) for requiring hospitalization. That sounded large at first, until I realized it was a percentage of a very small number. Out of 77,000,000 people, 5800 caught Covid, and 396 required hospitalization for Covid. So 0.008% caught Covid. And 0.0006% of fully vaccinated people required hospitalization for Covid.

Those numbers are stunningly small. Especially not knowing the rest of the data like lifestyle, and in this case, I would want to know other conditions they had. But even without that, wow. 77 million people, 396 hospitalizations for Covid. That’s amazing.

#22328 3 years ago

About 14 hours post second shot for me and my 87 year old mom. My mom had a surprisingly strong reaction within a few hours—aches, chills, fatigue, nausea. I’m thinking perhaps it was quick bc she’s been under treatment for lung cancer, so maybe her body is primed for a fight?

I have relatively minor aches, chills, fatigue. I could totally work if I had to but I’m chillaxing in bed bc I can. I’m hoping it doesn’t get worse, but I guess I will see over the next day or so.

#22329 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

CDC data right now has Breakthroughs at around 0.008%. So at least the data is suggesting that vaccines are working.

But yeah, sure as heck looks like the subset of those that get vaccinated and then get covid WITH severe enough symptoms to go seek help THEN do not have great outcomes.

In my state something like 500 fully vaccinated people have documented covid, 66 have been hospitalized and 6 have died..out of 1.5 million fully vaccinated. Deaths were all elderly. (Of course that’s basically the only group fully vaccinated)

My curiosity is whether it is vanilla covid or a variant (and if so which variant) that is causing the problems.

Pfizer/Moderna said their vaccines were over 90% effective...seems like real life data so far is showing that they were being conservative with that estimate. Vaccine effectiveness appears to be much better than that.

#22330 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That would equate to a 93% efficacy rate - of not requiring hospitalisation - once infected, and a 99% efficacy rate against death. Close to what had been found in the initial trials for everyone (infected of not) across the whole sample size.

Does it say out of the 396 who required hospitalisation how soon after their first, or 2nd, vaccination first they were admitted to hospital? Generally there isn't a significant boost in efficacy until 10-14 days after the first jab which then rises to 80%, followed by the higher efficacy 10-14 days after the 2nd jab.

#22331 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The vaccines are freaking awesome and super protective, but not 100%. It’s why we should encourage as many people as possible to vaccinate. It’s why it’s still important to mask up, distance, and take this seriously. It’s why we shouldn’t listen to people who are telling us differently.

780F5940-F7A4-4FC8-8A89-7F32120917F1 (resized).jpeg780F5940-F7A4-4FC8-8A89-7F32120917F1 (resized).jpeg

#22332 3 years ago

I saw that CNN article & nightly news report of "Breakthrough" cases. There was a heated exchange with Fauci and dip in Congress arguing why we still have to wear masks even if you are fully vaccinated. It amazes me that people still don't get it after this long. Even vaccinated there is still a chance at getting it if exposed. The vaccines are not 100% guaranteed which is why they recommend still wearing a mask. You can get it and may/may not have symptoms and spread it. The longer the virus can find people to spread it to it will keep living and mutating unfortunately.
tenor.giftenor.gif

#22333 3 years ago

Is there a test to see if your body has created antibodies?

#22334 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Today is my “fully vaccinated” day. And these numbers make me feel great about the vaccine.
When I read that article, I was struck by what good news it was. The thing I didn’t like was the percentage they listed (7%) for requiring hospitalization. That sounded large at first, until I realized it was a percentage of a very small number. Out of 77,000,000 people, 5800 caught Covid, and 396 required hospitalization for Covid. So 0.008% caught Covid. And 0.0006% of fully vaccinated people required hospitalization for Covid.
Those numbers are stunningly small. Especially not knowing the rest of the data like lifestyle, and in this case, I would want to know other conditions they had. But even without that, wow. 77 million people, 396 hospitalizations for Covid. That’s amazing.

Bingo. Exactly what I would have said but probably less eloquently.

To add on, as more and more people become less likely to get the virus because of vaccination or strong anti-bodies from having had the disease, the chances of a vaccinated person coming into contact with and getting the virus also lessens significantly.

#22335 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I saw that CNN article & news reports of "Breakthrough" cases. There was a heated exchange with Fauci and dip in Congress arguing why we still have to wear masks even if you are fully vaccinated. It amazes me that people still don't get it after this long. Even vaccinated there is still a chance at getting it if exposed. The vaccines are not 100% guaranteed which is why they recommend still wearing a mask. Yes, there's still a chance. You can get it and may/may not have symptoms and spread it. The longer the virus can find people to spread it to it will keep living and mutating unfortunately.
[quoted image]

That's a good point. I also think that if there was a "You no longer have to wear a mask in public if you have the vaccine" guideline that it would cause a majority of people (both vaccinated and not) to stop caring about mask wearing. A lot of people would probably just lie and say "Yup, I got the vaccine" when they didn't. Part of me thinks that's the real reason.

#22336 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Donate blood, our blood bank tests every time you do for free.

#22337 3 years ago

pure hell for me the last 24 hours after 2nd Moderna Shot.
Comes close to heart attack pain.....Every cell is screaming at me, and stronger than my scripted pain meds.

#22338 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As far as I know there is.

#22339 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The vaccines are not 100% guaranteed which is why they recommend still wearing a mask. Yes, there's still a chance. You can get it and may/may not have symptoms and spread it.

While it's not 100%, it's damn close. As of tomorrow I'm fully vaccinated and through my waiting period, and based on everything I've read I'm not remotely worried about getting a serious case of covid myself -- the odds are exceedingly bad of that happening. But I'll continue to wear a mask in public settings to protect others. As you say there's a non-zero chance (though very slim) that I could still catch a mild case and spread it to others that haven't had a chance to get vaccinated yet.

My hope is that in another few months enough Americans will have been vaccinated to achieve herd immunity, or something close to it. But in our current "just say no to science" climate we may have to wait for more of the bozos that refuse the vaccine to exercise their freedom to catch covid and develop antibodies the "old fashioned way" (or die trying). Hard not to look envyingly at Israel with its 80% vax rate ....

#22340 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's a good point. I also think that if there was a "You no longer have to wear a mask in public if you have the vaccine" guideline that it would cause a majority of people (both vaccinated and not) to stop caring about mask wearing. A lot of people would probably just lie and say "Yup, I got the vaccine" when they didn't. Part of me thinks that's the real reason.

This 100%.

When the CDC issues guidance, they have to think about how it will be received...and how it will be misinterpreted or misused. So they probably go a lot stricter with their guidance than technically scientifically necessary in order to try and avoid knobheads doing stupid stuff.

#22341 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

pure hell for me the last 24 hours after 2nd Moderna Shot.
Comes close to heart attack pain.....Every cell is screaming at me, and stronger than my scripted pain meds.

I’m having mild aches, chills and a low fever right now myself (my 2nd shot was Thursday). I call this “faux-vid”.

#22342 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

About 14 hours post second shot for me and my 87 year old mom. My mom had a surprisingly strong reaction within a few hours—aches, chills, fatigue, nausea. I’m thinking perhaps it was quick bc she’s been under treatment for lung cancer, so maybe her body is primed for a fight?
I have relatively minor aches, chills, fatigue. I could totally work if I had to but I’m chillaxing in bed bc I can. I’m hoping it doesn’t get worse, but I guess I will see over the next day or so.

I spoke too soon—was sick as a dog with chills, aches and nausea for about a day but feeling much better now. So just 12 days to go until I’m fully vaxxed!

#22343 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One article I looked up said the chances of dying from Covid after being vaccinated are 0.00003%

Just for comparison, I think that's 1 or 2 orders of magnitude higher than the odds of a datacenter having a fire that shuts the place down. Unlikely, but Pinside lost that lottery and was down for a week.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I also think that if there was a "You no longer have to wear a mask in public if you have the vaccine" guideline that it would cause a majority of people (both vaccinated and not) to stop caring about mask wearing. A lot of people would probably just lie and say "Yup, I got the vaccine" when they didn't. Part of me thinks that's the real reason.

Sad, but such actors exist. This week I had a conversation with my son who is 2/3 through spring semester in college. His school tests every student for covid every week. He's not sure whether it is just urban myth but there are rumors some have tried to "beat the test" by swabbing their noses with alcohol prior to their weekly test. Why would students even think of breaking things put in place intended to help keep their college experience possible - including dense dormitory housing, dining, socializing, live classes, etc.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#22344 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I spoke too soon—was sick as a dog with chills, aches and nausea for about a day but feeling much better now. So just 12 days to go until I’m fully vaxxed!

I have heard of people all over the map with reactions. Personally, I have not been able to get the vaccines because I was told that I will have to wait 90 days after testing negative (I had coronavirus in Feb.).
I have had 2 employees call into work after getting their second shots, however. They both felt pretty tired and sore.

#22345 3 years ago

26hrs after my 2nd Pfizer shot and no side effects yet.

#22346 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have heard of people all over the map with reactions. Personally, I have not been able to get the vaccines because I was told that I will have to wait 90 days after testing negative (I had coronavirus in Feb.).
I have had 2 employees call into work after getting their second shots, however. They both felt pretty tired and sore.

I just want to be clear here. Things like low grade fever, chills, muscle soreness, headaches, etc are not really side effects of the vaccine. They are symptoms produced by your own immune system as it is reacting against the COVID spike protein. Some people are more likely to have these effects than others. It is often the case that people will have more effects after the 2nd shot because your immune system has already seen the spike protein once and it reacts more strongly.

Also, unless you had therapy with monoclonal antibodies for COVID there is no guidance that says you have to wait 90 days to be vaccinated.

#22347 3 years ago

Meanwhile, in India...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

OK, it's outdoors but...

#22348 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Meanwhile, in India...
[quoted image]
OK, it's outdoors but...

You sure that isn’t Florida or Texas?

I actually just spent a week in Florida. Didn’t make it to the beach. Not too bad but I’m in one of the more science amenable counties. Gotta admit it was fun drinking in bars and silverball museum and feeling all normal and shit.

It’s back to nyc and the doom, gloom, and 35 percent indoor dining today.

#22349 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I actually just spent a week in Florida ... Gotta admit it was fun drinking in bars and silverball museum and feeling all normal and shit.

I love the Silverball Museum. I'm glad they survived the lockdowns and are still in business.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 447 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/447?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.